From Government Linked Data (GLD) Working Group Wiki
Revision as of 20:00, 19 April 2012 by Commonscribe
Please justify/explain all edits to this page, in your "edit summary" text.
13:51:29 <RRSAgent> RRSAgent has joined #gld 13:51:29 <RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/04/19-gld-irc 13:51:31 <trackbot> RRSAgent, make logs world 13:51:31 <Zakim> Zakim has joined #gld 13:51:33 <trackbot> Zakim, this will be GLD 13:51:33 <Zakim> ok, trackbot; I see T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM scheduled to start in 9 minutes 13:51:34 <trackbot> Meeting: Government Linked Data Working Group Teleconference 13:51:34 <trackbot> Date: 19 April 2012 13:56:12 <fadmaa> fadmaa has joined #gld 13:56:18 <Zakim> T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM has now started 13:56:27 <Zakim> + +3539149aaaa 13:56:35 <mhausenblas> Zakim, aaaa is me 13:56:35 <Zakim> +mhausenblas; got it 13:56:50 <luis_bermudez> luis_bermudez has joined #gld 13:58:17 <Zakim> + +1.267.481.aabb 13:58:27 <Zakim> +George_Thomas 13:58:34 <sandro> sandro has changed the topic to: Government Linked Data (GLD) WG -- http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon20120419 13:58:43 <boris> boris has joined #gld 13:58:52 <Zakim> +Sandro 13:58:55 <mhausenblas> Zakim, aabb is luis_bermudez 13:58:55 <Zakim> +luis_bermudez; got it 13:59:22 <George> George has joined #gld 13:59:38 <BenediktKaempgen> BenediktKaempgen has joined #gld 13:59:50 <Zakim> +davidwood 13:59:58 <bhyland> zakim, davidwood is me 13:59:58 <Zakim> +bhyland; got it 14:00:26 <Zakim> + +49.721.aacc 14:00:30 <luis_bermudez> scribe:luis_bermudez 14:00:44 <Zakim> + +1.202.566.aadd 14:00:52 <luis_bermudez> chair: Bernadette 14:00:53 <BenediktKaempgen> zakim, who's here? 14:00:53 <Zakim> On the phone I see mhausenblas, luis_bermudez, George_Thomas, Sandro, bhyland, +49.721.aacc, +1.202.566.aadd 14:00:55 <Zakim> On IRC I see BenediktKaempgen, George, boris, luis_bermudez, fadmaa, Zakim, RRSAgent, MacTed, mhausenblas, bhyland, danbri_, trackbot, sandro 14:01:07 <Zakim> + +3539149aaee 14:01:24 <BenediktKaempgen> zakim, aacc is BenediktKaempgen 14:01:24 <Zakim> +BenediktKaempgen; got it 14:01:36 <martinAlvarez> martinAlvarez has joined #gld 14:01:42 <DeirdreLee> DeirdreLee has joined #gld 14:01:42 <bhyland> zakim, aaee is fadmaa 14:01:42 <Zakim> +fadmaa; got it 14:01:47 <BenediktKaempgen> hello 14:02:02 <Mike_Pendleton> Mike_Pendleton has joined #gld 14:02:06 <bhyland> +1 14:02:17 <bhyland> Minutes: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2012-04-05 14:02:18 <George> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2012-04-05 14:02:23 <mhausenblas> +1 14:02:26 <bhyland> +1 14:02:34 <Mike_Pendleton> +1 14:02:35 <DaveReynolds> DaveReynolds has joined #gld 14:02:39 <Zakim> +??P22 14:02:42 <luis_bermudez> RESOLUTION: approved Minutes 14:02:42 <BenediktKaempgen> +1 14:02:46 <fadmaa> Zakim, +3539 is DeirdreLee 14:02:48 <martinAlvarez> zakim, ??p2 is me 14:02:50 <gatemezi> gatemezi has joined #gld 14:03:08 <luis_bermudez> agenda: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon20120412 14:03:09 <Zakim> sorry, fadmaa, I do not recognize a party named '+3539' 14:03:11 <Zakim> +martinAlvarez; got it 14:03:23 <Zakim> +??P25 14:03:37 <gatemezi> Zakim, who's here? 14:03:39 <Zakim> On the phone I see mhausenblas, luis_bermudez, George_Thomas, Sandro, bhyland, BenediktKaempgen, +1.202.566.aadd, fadmaa, martinAlvarez, DaveReynolds (muted) 14:03:42 <Zakim> On IRC I see gatemezi, DaveReynolds, Mike_Pendleton, DeirdreLee, martinAlvarez, BenediktKaempgen, George, boris, luis_bermudez, fadmaa, Zakim, RRSAgent, MacTed, mhausenblas, 14:03:51 <Zakim> ... bhyland, danbri_, trackbot, sandro 14:03:51 <luis_bermudez> TOPIC: opportunities to liaise 14:03:54 <martinAlvarez> zakim, mute me 14:04:04 <Zakim> martinAlvarez should now be muted 14:04:09 <Zakim> +??P30 14:04:16 <GeraldSteeman> GeraldSteeman has joined #GLD 14:04:20 <boris> zakim, ??P30 is me 14:04:21 <Zakim> +boris; got it 14:04:50 <bhyland> NISO Webinar on Schema.org and Linked Data, speaker: Danbri. 25-April-2012 @ 13.00 US ET, see http://www.niso.org/news/events/2012/dcmi/linked_data/#registration 14:04:59 <Zakim> + +33.4.93.00.aaff 14:05:11 <Zakim> + +1.757.604.aagg 14:05:31 <GeraldSteeman> Zakim, aagg is me. 14:05:33 <Zakim> +GeraldSteeman; got it 14:05:41 <fadmaa> q+ 14:05:56 <luis_bermudez> TOPIC: Working Draft 14:06:05 <bhyland> zakim, who is speaking? 14:06:16 <Zakim> bhyland, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: fadmaa (63%), +33.4.93.00.aaff (20%) 14:07:42 <bhyland> wow fadmaa, thanks for raising this issue re: DCAT 14:08:00 <DaveReynolds> Yes, org and data cube are both live and up to date. Though only org is in a w3c namespace. 14:08:08 <Yigal> Yigal has joined #gld 14:08:13 <luis_bermudez> ??: no possible to get ontology representation of DCAT 14:09:00 <Zakim> +??P36 14:09:12 <Yigal> zakim, ??p36 is me 14:09:12 <Zakim> +Yigal; got it 14:09:15 <luis_bermudez> ACTION: fadmaa to work on ontology and namespace 14:09:15 <trackbot> Created ACTION-66 - Work on ontology and namespace [on Fadi Maali - due 2012-04-26]. 14:09:40 <George> q? 14:09:44 <George> ack fadmaa 14:11:16 <cgueret> cgueret has joined #gld 14:12:24 <luis_bermudez> DaveReynolds: Tracked minor changes as actions. No main issues were raised. 14:13:10 <mhausenblas> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Terms_for_describing_people 14:14:24 <luis_bermudez> mhausenblas: Collecting feedback. Need to structure it better. 14:15:01 <luis_bermudez> TOPIC: Best Practices Deliverable 14:16:06 <BenediktKaempgen> q+ 14:16:07 <luis_bermudez> bhyland: Working on it. Expect review on April. 14:18:03 <BenediktKaempgen> asking about ld cookbook 14:18:19 <luis_bermudez> sandro: Provenance - Advanced discussion on the Semantic Web coordination meeting related to proper modeling agents. 14:19:25 <luis_bermudez> bhyland: 2 weeks ago there was a related action item. Need further discussion 14:19:33 <George> q? 14:19:37 <George> ack BenediktKaempgen 14:20:55 <bhyland> Question by Benedikt referencing email to public list "Feedback on Ingredients for High Quality Linked Data section of Linked Data Cookbook 14:20:55 <bhyland> Date: April 16, 2012 10:28:20 AM EDT 14:21:37 <bhyland> @Benedikt, by all means please respond with links to paper & guidance. Please respond to public-gld-comments as I'd like to read it too :-) 14:22:08 <luis_bermudez> BenediktKaempgen: Question about responding to an email from Charles M. Heazel related to the best practice document and business rules. Is is ok to respond ? 14:22:18 <George> http://datacoalition.org/ 14:22:42 <Zakim> + +18.104.22.168.aahh 14:22:56 <BenediktKaempgen> thanks George! 14:23:25 <George> q? 14:23:34 <Zakim> +??P9 14:24:03 <Biplav> Biplav has joined #gld 14:24:06 <bhyland> zakim, P9 is cgueret 14:24:06 <Zakim> sorry, bhyland, I do not recognize a party named 'P9' 14:24:55 <boris> zakim, ??P9 is cgueret 14:24:55 <Zakim> +cgueret; got it 14:24:56 <luis_bermudez> TOPIC: Engagement discussion 14:25:55 <luis_bermudez> George: break out groups - meeting biweekly ? 14:27:38 <George> zakim, aahh is Biplav 14:27:38 <Zakim> +Biplav; got it 14:28:47 <fadmaa> +1 to alternate weeks between vocabularies and other deliverables 14:28:54 <BenediktKaempgen> +1 to bhyland suggestion 14:28:56 <cgueret> +1 too 14:28:59 <Mike_Pendleton> +1 to Bernadette's suggestion 14:29:02 <boris> +1 too 14:29:02 <mhausenblas> +1 14:29:04 <gatemezi> +1 14:29:06 <martinAlvarez> +1 14:29:10 <luis_bermudez> bhyland: Alternate weeks and focus the discussion, while increasing enthusiasm and momentum, based on 2 types of efforts: vocabulary development and best practices cookbooks. 14:29:50 <luis_bermudez> bhyland: How to make this more effective and super fun ? 14:29:59 <fadmaa> q+ 14:30:23 <bhyland> Suggestion: Narrow the focus on the weekly meetings. 14:30:49 <fadmaa> Zakim, ack me 14:30:49 <Zakim> I see no one on the speaker queue 14:30:51 <bhyland> fadmaa: Consider doing more comprehensive coverage of a given topic rather than rushing in favor of time 14:31:52 <bhyland> q+ 14:32:47 <luis_bermudez> George: Seems that there is support for alternating deliverable topcis. Do we have support for breakout groups to get together in addition to the weekly calls. Maybe having a focused breakout call every other week. 14:33:01 <bhyland> George: Is anyone in favor of break out groups to engage in deeper a discussion, to better prepare for the bi-weekly focused calls? 14:33:33 <Biplav> +1, with a comment. Breakout, focused call is a good idea. 14:34:05 <DaveReynolds> q+ 14:34:09 <bhyland> ack 14:34:13 <DaveReynolds> ack me 14:34:21 <bhyland> ack me 14:35:15 <bhyland> DaveReynolds: Use email as the "breakout" group for discussion. Use the core time on a telecon to make actual discussions. Recommend using email more actively. 14:35:16 <bhyland> +1 14:35:25 <DaveReynolds> zakim, mute me 14:35:25 <Zakim> DaveReynolds should now be muted 14:35:35 <luis_bermudez> DaveReynolds: Breakout groups can interact via email. Calls used for consolidation. 14:36:54 <BenediktKaempgen> +1 to alternate week calls + breakout mails 14:37:17 <bhyland> +1 14:37:20 <sandro> +1 only do breakout calls when it seems necessary under the circumstances 14:37:27 <mhausenblas> +1 14:37:28 <fadmaa> +1 14:37:28 <cgueret> +1 14:37:31 <gatemezi> +1 14:37:32 <boris> +º 14:37:34 <Mike_Pendleton> +1 only do BCs when nec 14:37:38 <DaveReynolds> +1 only breakout calls if needed, not as routine 14:37:39 <boris> +1 14:37:46 <luis_bermudez> +1 DaveReynolds: Breakout groups can interact via email. Calls used for consolidation. 14:38:29 <George> q? 14:39:32 <luis_bermudez> bhyland: Speakers are welcome to participate at the GLD-WG meetings. Ideas are welcome. 14:40:07 <George> q? 14:40:16 <Biplav> q+ 14:40:43 <bhyland> Please think about what people in your broader network are producers or consumers of LOD that could speak with this group to stimulate thinking, use cases and provide input that will improve the output of this group. 14:41:28 <luis_bermudez> George: Any other ideas to increase visibility of the work with other communities? 14:41:33 <bhyland> Biplav: Do we have a small, concise deck we share for our communcations about GLD WG 14:41:36 <bhyland> q+ 14:41:52 <George> ack Biplav 14:41:53 <luis_bermudez> Biplav: Is there is a small presentation that we can use to present in meetings? 14:42:04 <George> ack bhyland 14:42:20 <Biplav> q+ 14:43:05 <George> ack Bi 14:43:08 <bhyland> zakim, ack me 14:43:08 <Zakim> I see no one on the speaker queue 14:43:20 <luis_bermudez> ACTION: bhyland to send presentation 14:43:20 <trackbot> Created ACTION-67 - Send presentation [on Bernadette Hyland - due 2012-04-26]. 14:44:40 <luis_bermudez> Biplav: Important to have a consistent message and advertising in new areas all over the world. 14:45:06 <bhyland> Biplav: Supports (unofficially) both IBM and emerging countries and it would be good to have a consistent message on the benefits, uses, etc of government use of & publication of LOD 14:45:08 <luis_bermudez> TOPIC: Announcements 14:46:16 <bhyland> Next F2F in conjunction with http://www.w3.org/2012/10/TPAC/ 29 Oct - 2 Nov 2012 in Lyon, France at the Cité Centre de Congrès de Lyon 14:46:24 <danbri> danbri has joined #gld 14:46:25 <BenediktKaempgen> most likely, I will be at EDF presenting PlanetData work in the hackathon 14:46:44 <bhyland> @Danbri, do you want to say anything about: NISO Webinar on Schema.org and Linked Data, speaker: Danbri. 25-April-2012 @ 13.00 US ET, see http://www.niso.org/news/events/2012/dcmi/linked_data/#registration 14:46:51 <bhyland> Was mentioned in today's call ... 14:47:21 <danbri> just... come along if you're interested in how schema.org will fit into the Linked Data world. But i'll also post slides in a few days... 14:48:01 <BenediktKaempgen> EDF hackathon http://data-forum.eu/program/hackathon 14:48:01 <George> q? 14:48:12 <luis_bermudez> ACTION: BenediktKaempgen to put link about presentation when available 14:48:12 <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - BenediktKaempgen 14:48:33 <Zakim> -GeraldSteeman 14:49:44 <luis_bermudez> ACTION: BenediktKaempgen to put link about presentation when available 14:49:44 <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - BenediktKaempgen 14:49:53 <bhyland> So yes, Biplav confirms native support of RDF for DB2 is a very important announcement/commitment by IBM. 14:51:31 <BenediktKaempgen> EDF = European Data Forum 2012 14:52:36 <George> q? 14:54:13 <luis_bermudez> George: Next Thursday Focus? 14:54:19 <luis_bermudez> bhyland: Review Best Practices and community directory. 14:55:24 <George> q? 14:56:58 <DaveReynolds> bye, thanks 14:57:05 <Zakim> - +1.202.566.aadd 14:57:06 <Zakim> -Sandro 14:57:06 <Zakim> -DaveReynolds 14:57:06 <cgueret> bye 14:57:07 <Zakim> -martinAlvarez 14:57:07 <Zakim> -mhausenblas 14:57:08 <Zakim> -bhyland 14:57:09 <BenediktKaempgen> Thanks George 14:57:09 <Zakim> -fadmaa 14:57:14 <Zakim> -Yigal 14:57:15 <Zakim> -BenediktKaempgen 14:57:16 <Yigal> Yigal has left #gld 14:57:17 <Zakim> -George_Thomas 14:57:17 <martinAlvarez> martinAlvarez has left #gld 14:57:21 <gatemezi> -gatemezi 14:57:22 <Zakim> -boris 14:57:23 <Zakim> -cgueret 14:57:27 <George> luis_bermudez: are you okay to complete the minutes? 14:57:31 <luis_bermudez> rrsagent, generate minutes 14:57:31 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/04/19-gld-minutes.html luis_bermudez 14:58:36 <Zakim> -Biplav 14:59:25 <luis_bermudez> rrsagent, generate minutes 14:59:25 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/04/19-gld-minutes.html luis_bermudez 15:00:16 <gatemezi> gatemezi has joined #gld 15:02:55 <lbermude2> lbermude2 has joined #gld 15:03:24 <gatemezi> RRSAgent, set logs world-visible 15:03:38 <gatemezi> RRSAgent, generate minutes 15:03:38 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/04/19-gld-minutes.html gatemezi 15:04:02 <lbermude2> George - the minutes are not available at the http://www.w3.org/2012/04/19-gld-minutes.html 15:04:07 <gatemezi> RRSAgent, generate minutes 15:04:07 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/04/19-gld-minutes.html gatemezi 15:05:22 <Zakim> -luis_bermudez 15:05:29 <Zakim> - +33.4.93.00.aaff 15:05:30 <Zakim> T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM has ended 15:05:30 <Zakim> Attendees were +3539149aaaa, mhausenblas, +1.267.481.aabb, George_Thomas, Sandro, luis_bermudez, bhyland, +49.721.aacc, +1.202.566.aadd, +3539149aaee, BenediktKaempgen, fadmaa, 15:05:30 <Zakim> ... martinAlvarez, DaveReynolds, boris, +33.4.93.00.aaff, +1.757.604.aagg, GeraldSteeman, Yigal, +22.214.171.124.aahh, cgueret, Biplav 15:06:33 <lbermude2> Chair: George 15:06:45 <lbermude2> rrsagent, generate minutes 15:06:45 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/04/19-gld-minutes.html lbermude2 15:08:36 <DaveReynolds> DaveReynolds has left #gld 17:22:33 <Zakim> Zakim has left #gld # SPECIAL MARKER FOR CHATSYNC. DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE OR BELOW. SRCLINESUSED=00000241