From Government Linked Data (GLD) Working Group Wiki
Revision as of 15:16, 29 March 2012 by Bhyland
Please justify/explain all edits to this page, in your "edit summary" text.
14:01:09 <RRSAgent> RRSAgent has joined #gld 14:01:09 <RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/03/29-gld-irc 14:01:11 <trackbot> RRSAgent, make logs world 14:01:13 <trackbot> Zakim, this will be GLD 14:01:13 <Zakim> ok, trackbot, I see T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM already started 14:01:14 <trackbot> Meeting: Government Linked Data Working Group Teleconference 14:01:14 <trackbot> Date: 29 March 2012 14:01:22 <Zakim> +[IPcaller] 14:01:44 <boris> zakim, ??P12 is me 14:01:44 <Zakim> +boris; got it 14:01:45 <Zakim> +lbermudez 14:01:48 <BenediktKaempgen> BenediktKaempgen has joined #gld 14:01:53 <bhyland> zakim, who is on the call? 14:01:53 <Zakim> On the phone I see +1.757.604.aaaa, davidwood, boris, Mike_P, ??P16, ??P17, [LC], BenediktKaempgen, DaveReynolds, lbermudez 14:01:57 <Zakim> -??P16 14:02:01 <cgueret> hello! 14:02:09 <GeraldSteeman> zakim, aaaa is me 14:02:09 <Zakim> +GeraldSteeman; got it 14:02:10 <Zakim> +sandro 14:02:14 <tinagheen> Zakim, [LC] is me 14:02:14 <Zakim> +tinagheen; got it 14:02:16 <BenediktKaempgen> zakim, who's here? 14:02:18 <bhyland> zakim, aaaa is GeraldSteeman 14:02:19 <Zakim> On the phone I see GeraldSteeman, davidwood, boris, Mike_P, ??P17, tinagheen, BenediktKaempgen, DaveReynolds, lbermudez, sandro 14:02:22 <Zakim> On IRC I see BenediktKaempgen, RRSAgent, Mike_Pendleton, MartinKaltenboeck, Zakim, tinagheen, martin, GeraldSteeman, DaveReynolds, boris, bhyland, cgueret, BartvanLeeuwen, MacTed, 14:02:25 <Zakim> ... mhausenblas, trackbot, sandro 14:02:27 <Zakim> +??P16 14:02:30 <Zakim> sorry, bhyland, I do not recognize a party named 'aaaa' 14:02:45 <martin> zakim, ??p16 is me 14:02:45 <Zakim> +martin; got it 14:02:46 <Zakim> +??P25 14:02:47 <BenediktKaempgen> hello? 14:02:50 <lbermudez> lbermudez has joined #gld 14:02:57 <BartvanLeeuwen> Zakim, ??p25 is me 14:02:57 <Zakim> +BartvanLeeuwen; got it 14:03:11 <bhyland> zakim, who is on the call? 14:03:11 <Zakim> On the phone I see GeraldSteeman, davidwood, boris, Mike_P, ??P17, tinagheen, BenediktKaempgen, DaveReynolds, lbermudez, sandro, martin, BartvanLeeuwen 14:03:13 <BenediktKaempgen> BenediktKaempgen has joined #gld 14:03:30 <BenediktKaempgen> zakim, who's here? 14:03:30 <Zakim> On the phone I see GeraldSteeman, davidwood, boris, Mike_P, ??P17, tinagheen, BenediktKaempgen, DaveReynolds, lbermudez, sandro, martin, BartvanLeeuwen 14:03:34 <Zakim> On IRC I see BenediktKaempgen, lbermudez, RRSAgent, Mike_Pendleton, MartinKaltenboeck, Zakim, tinagheen, martin, GeraldSteeman, DaveReynolds, boris, bhyland, cgueret, 14:03:34 <Zakim> ... BartvanLeeuwen, MacTed, mhausenblas, trackbot, sandro 14:03:34 <Zakim> +??P26 14:03:56 <Zakim> +ZacharyWhitley 14:04:00 <cgueret> zakim, who's here? 14:04:00 <Zakim> On the phone I see GeraldSteeman, davidwood, boris, Mike_P, ??P17, tinagheen, BenediktKaempgen, DaveReynolds, lbermudez, sandro, martin, BartvanLeeuwen, ??P26, ZacharyWhitley 14:04:03 <PhilA2> PhilA2 has joined #gld 14:04:03 <Zakim> On IRC I see BenediktKaempgen, lbermudez, RRSAgent, Mike_Pendleton, MartinKaltenboeck, Zakim, tinagheen, martin, GeraldSteeman, DaveReynolds, boris, bhyland, cgueret, 14:04:03 <Zakim> ... BartvanLeeuwen, MacTed, mhausenblas, trackbot, sandro 14:04:11 <GeraldSteeman> TOPIC: Preliminary Items 14:04:17 <ZacharyWhitley> ZacharyWhitley has joined #gld 14:04:34 <martin> zakim, mute me 14:04:34 <Zakim> martin should now be muted 14:04:40 <Zakim> +??P33 14:05:19 <GeraldSteeman> Proposal: to accept the minutes from the 22-March-2012 meeting http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2012-03-22 14:05:31 <Yigal> Yigal has joined #gld 14:06:05 <bhyland> Propose to accept minutes: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2012-03-22 14:06:09 <fadmaa> fadmaa has joined #gld 14:06:09 <boris> zakim, who is noisy? 14:06:13 <bhyland> zakim, who is talking? 14:06:27 <Zakim> boris, listening for 15 seconds I heard sound from the following: Mike_P (22%), GeraldSteeman (36%), davidwood (3%), DaveReynolds (60%) 14:06:33 <MartinKaltenboeck> very noisy here 14:06:40 <sandro> zakim, who is talking? 14:06:46 <Zakim> bhyland, listening for 14 seconds I heard sound from the following: davidwood (13%) 14:06:47 <boris> zakim, mute DaveReynolds 14:06:48 <Zakim> DaveReynolds should now be muted 14:06:53 <DaveReynolds> I was already muted 14:06:56 <Zakim> sandro, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: davidwood (68%) 14:07:02 <Zakim> +[IPcaller] 14:07:12 <bhyland> zakim, davidwood is me 14:07:13 <Zakim> +mhausenblas 14:07:13 <Zakim> +bhyland; got it 14:07:26 <Yigal> zakim, ipcaller is me 14:07:26 <Zakim> +Yigal; got it 14:07:49 <mhausenblas> +1 14:07:52 <martinAlvarez> +1 14:07:54 <boris> +1 14:07:55 <MartinKaltenboeck> +1 14:08:04 <GeraldSteeman> resolution: accepted minutes 14:08:18 <Zakim> -cgueret 14:08:32 <GeraldSteeman> Discuss any important and timely matters and opportunities to liaise with other WG/CG/IG 14:08:32 <bhyland> Agenda: +1 Copenhagen event 14:08:36 <Zakim> +??P26 14:08:38 <GeraldSteeman> Thanks! 14:08:38 <MartinKaltenboeck> http://www.data-forum.eu/ 14:08:53 <Zakim> + +1.806.784.aabb 14:09:18 <GeraldSteeman> TOPIC: Main Agenda: W3C Transition Process, GeoLinkedData, update on FPWDs: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon20120329 14:09:37 <GeraldSteeman> Four FPWD back 14:09:57 <sandro> https://www.w3.org/Guide/ 14:09:59 <rreck> rreck has joined #gld 14:10:01 <GeraldSteeman> What to expect in FPWD to Rec Track Process (Sandro) 14:10:05 <bhyland> Topic: Recommendation Track Process 14:10:32 <Biplav> Biplav has joined #gld 14:10:47 <bhyland> zakim, who is on the call? 14:10:47 <Zakim> On the phone I see GeraldSteeman, bhyland, boris, Mike_P (muted), ??P17, tinagheen, BenediktKaempgen, DaveReynolds (muted), lbermudez, sandro, martin (muted), BartvanLeeuwen, 14:10:51 <BenediktKaempgen> Nice, thankgs for the link, sandro. 14:10:51 <Zakim> ... ZacharyWhitley, PhilA2, Yigal, mhausenblas, cgueret, +1.806.784.aabb 14:11:04 <Yigal> Need password... 14:11:14 <Zakim> +rreck 14:11:15 <DaveReynolds> Sandro, I have access even though I'm an IE 14:11:17 <Biplav> zakim, Biplav is also on the call 14:11:17 <Zakim> I don't understand 'Biplav is also on the call', Biplav 14:11:18 <GeraldSteeman> Invited Experts may not be able to see page. 14:11:30 <bhyland> If you cannot see the "Art of Consensus" please indicate this to the chairs so we can try to organize access for you 14:11:42 <BartvanLeeuwen> no access either 14:12:01 <GeraldSteeman> Sandro will argue to make page open. 14:12:02 <MartinKaltenboeck> no access either 14:12:12 <bhyland> Sandro: Is going to request that this page be made public as there is nothing confidential in it 14:12:36 <rreck> what is "the page" Sandro is talking about? 14:12:44 <sandro> https://www.w3.org/Guide/ 14:12:46 <rreck> thanks 14:13:03 <sandro> http://services.w3.org/xslt?xmlfile=http://www.w3.org/2005/08/01-transitions.html&xslfile=http://www.w3.org/2005/08/transitions.xsl 14:13:05 <rreck> nope, me neither. 14:13:18 <MartinKaltenboeck> this one is open 14:13:51 <sandro> https://www.w3.org/2005/07/pubrules 14:13:54 <Yigal> That one's public, yes. 14:13:54 <GeraldSteeman> The Art of Consensus - https://www.w3.org/Guide/ This Guidebook is the collected wisdom of the W3C Group Chairs and other collaborators. 14:14:11 <GeraldSteeman> This resource describes the internal W3C Technical Report publication processes. 14:15:36 <mhausenblas> q+ to note that example.com as of RFC2606 http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2606 is also an exception 14:15:47 <GeraldSteeman> infrastructure is in place. Once you figure it out, publishing goes pretty quickly. 14:15:48 <mhausenblas> q? 14:16:04 <mhausenblas> ack me 14:16:04 <Zakim> mhausenblas, you wanted to note that example.com as of RFC2606 http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2606 is also an exception 14:16:51 <GeraldSteeman> Benedikt: use example.com 14:17:04 <sandro> or example.org 14:17:06 <DaveReynolds> The Data Cube draft will need editing for that then. 14:17:26 <PhilA2> you can also use and subdomain of the (fictitious) TLD of example, i.e. foo.example is an OK domain name to use 14:17:30 <GeraldSteeman> Sandro: will need to run the checkers 14:18:03 <PhilA2> s/you can also use and subdomain of the (fictitious) TLD of example, i.e. foo.example is an OK domain name to use/you can also use any subdomain of the (fictitious) TLD of example, i.e. foo.example is an OK domain name to use/ 14:18:10 <GeraldSteeman> Sandro: legalese applied and communicate with world about why are we doing this 14:19:08 <GeraldSteeman> Bernadette: Placing the work in context via abstract 14:19:34 <GeraldSteeman> Bernadette: Abstract should be solid 14:20:14 <PhilA2> action: PhilA2 to work on the abstract of DCAT 14:20:14 <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - PhilA2 14:20:23 <PhilA2> action: Phil Archer to work on the abstract of DCAT 14:20:23 <trackbot> Created ACTION-60 - Archer to work on the abstract of DCAT [on Phil Archer - due 2012-04-05]. 14:21:09 <sandro> folks -- please change your Pub Date to 3 April. 14:21:09 <GeraldSteeman> Action: each leader generate a revised abstract by 20120403 14:21:09 <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - each 14:23:43 <DaveReynolds> What's the changes to the abstracts? 14:24:00 <DaveReynolds> ack me 14:24:26 <bhyland> http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/default/dcat/index.html 14:25:07 <DaveReynolds> http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/default/dcat/index.html 14:25:14 <GeraldSteeman> Action: each DaveRenolds, Mike_Pendleton, generate a revised abstract by 20120403 14:25:14 <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - each 14:25:21 <rreck> I do not believe I am otherwise committed, if someone needs another set of eyes please let me know. 14:25:35 <boris> http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/29a3dd6dc12c/data-cube/index.html 14:25:38 <MartinKaltenboeck> http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/default/data-cube/index.html 14:25:54 <GeraldSteeman> *Failing at creating action... 14:27:11 <GeraldSteeman> *Thanks! 14:27:12 <PhilA2> action: Dave Reynolds to generate revised abstract for Cube Vocab 14:27:12 <trackbot> Created ACTION-61 - Reynolds to generate revised abstract for Cube Vocab [on Dave Reynolds - due 2012-04-05]. 14:27:40 <bhyland> q? 14:28:07 <boris> http://mccarthy.dia.fi.upm.es/ppt/GEOEG.pdf 14:28:25 <GeraldSteeman> Topic: GeoLinkData Initiative 14:30:15 <GeraldSteeman> *Yes, you are correct. 14:30:45 <PhilA2> action: Hausenblas to revise abstract of People vocab by 2012-04001 14:30:45 <trackbot> Created ACTION-62 - Revise abstract of People vocab by 2012-04001 [on Michael Hausenblas - due 2012-04-05]. 14:32:26 <boris> http://geovocab.org/doc/neogeo/ 14:32:58 <boris> UKARL 14:33:06 <BenediktKaempgen> neogeo, karlsruhe 14:33:20 <rreck> can i forward the slide URL to someone? 14:33:31 <boris> http://mccarthy.dia.fi.upm.es/ppt/GEOEG.pdf 14:34:03 <BenediktKaempgen> KIT, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (UKARL is not existing any more) 14:34:24 <bhyland> Thanks Benedikt 14:34:43 <bhyland> q? 14:35:12 <BartvanLeeuwen> q+ 14:35:25 <GeraldSteeman> Bernadette: where did funding come from? 14:35:37 <PhilA2> q+ once Boris has finished but not before 14:35:56 <GeraldSteeman> ...are tools available from the project? 14:36:01 <boris> http://www.oeg-upm.net/index.php/en/downloads/151-geometry2rdf 14:36:11 <GeraldSteeman> Yes, it's available. 14:36:21 <bhyland> q? 14:36:24 <BartvanLeeuwen> ack me 14:38:03 <Biplav> q+ 14:39:26 <boris> http://oegdev.dia.fi.upm.es/projects/map4rdf/ 14:39:46 <boris> http://mccarthy.dia.fi.upm.es/goodrelations/#dashboard 14:41:01 <boris> http://mccarthy.dia.fi.upm.es:8181/map4rdf-0.0.3 14:41:22 <Biplav> good idea! 14:42:08 <GeraldSteeman> * with a billion countrymen? 14:42:38 <lbermudez> +1 14:43:04 <BenediktKaempgen> Thanks, Boris! 14:43:10 <PhilA2> Thanks Boris 14:43:27 <BenediktKaempgen> +q 14:43:48 <BartvanLeeuwen> indeed great work, can't wait to get started with the dutch dataset ;) 14:44:00 <GeraldSteeman> Bernadette: Nice tools, scripts. A great contribution to the world. 14:44:12 <cgueret> very nice work 14:45:28 <GeraldSteeman> Bernadette: Looking at integrating map4rdf at work. 14:45:40 <lbermudez> +q 14:45:41 <bhyland> q? 14:45:43 <PhilA2> q+ 14:45:50 <rreck> *clap* 14:46:48 <GeraldSteeman> Biplav: Ease of use in <industry?>? 14:47:09 <Biplav> How easy to use geo LD by a transportation operator? 14:47:36 <GeraldSteeman> Boris: should be pretty easy. 14:49:16 <GeraldSteeman> Bernadette: Callimachus is template-driven. It looks like map4rdf can be integrated in a coupkle days and create a web 2.0 service. 14:49:18 <bhyland> q? 14:49:23 <bhyland> ack Biplav 14:49:51 <GeraldSteeman> Benedikt: document some use cases would be good. 14:50:27 <GeraldSteeman> Bernadette: Yes, please give some use cases to consider. 14:52:21 <bhyland> ack BenediktKaempgen 14:52:25 <bhyland> ack lbermudez 14:52:44 <GeraldSteeman> * Missing questions :( 14:53:31 <bhyland> @GeraldSteeman, you have the power of "Scribe Interupt" in your toolkit 14:53:41 <GeraldSteeman> *Okay. 14:54:20 <GeraldSteeman> ??: looking to gather data from many places. 14:55:10 <GeraldSteeman> *Too embarrassed, you mean. 14:55:12 <PhilA2> ack me 14:55:34 <lbermudez> Link: Look at Cross-Community Interoperability (CCI): Thread OWS-9 http://www.opengeospatial.org/projects/initiatives/ows-9 14:55:44 <GeraldSteeman> Phil: Status NeoGoe vocab. Is it a standard as yet? 14:55:55 <bhyland> Lots of kudos to GeoLinkedData brains trust, the Ontology Engineering Group and your sponsors. 14:56:24 <lbermudez> Question 1: Are you using rules and how are you integrating different community models? 14:56:31 <bhyland> Really nice project from a cooperation perspective, both research & government, and international involvement. 14:56:32 <mhausenblas> +q to talk about NeoGeo as well a bit 14:57:19 <bhyland> PhilA: EU sponsored projects overlap with what NeoGeo and related projects Boris mentioned today. 14:58:01 <mhausenblas> +1 to PhilA2 suggestion 14:58:01 <BartvanLeeuwen> +1 for geo vocab 14:58:03 <bhyland> … Possible support from W3C for geospatial vocab based on work PhilA and Boris are separately involved with ... 14:58:05 <mhausenblas> q? 14:58:10 <GeraldSteeman> Phil: number of EC standards coming out. Hope that NeoGeo would be a W3C standard 14:58:14 <cgueret> +1 for Phil 14:58:31 <lbermudez> +q 14:58:47 <bhyland> We do have this topic in our charter, see: optional: Geography, Spatial Information, such as latitude and longitude. Inputs include http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/geo/XGR-geo-ont/ the European http://inspire.jrc.ec.europa.eu/, and vocabulary elements of http://www.opengeospatial.org/projects/groups/geosparqlswg. (See http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/charter#coordination.) 14:59:10 <BartvanLeeuwen> +q 14:59:20 <GeraldSteeman> Phil: may be in good position with W3C based with option item in GLD charter. 15:00:01 <bhyland> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/default/glossary/index.html 15:00:07 <GeraldSteeman> Bernadette: leaders please check your actions. 15:00:17 <MartinKaltenboeck> how can I contribute to the glossary Bernadette? 15:00:19 <PhilA2> Also we *already* have a location vocab coming into the WG imminently - NeoGeo could be another input to create a combined vocab 15:00:29 <GeraldSteeman> TOPIC: LOD Glossary 15:00:31 <Mike_Pendleton> Q about the glossary 15:00:58 <GeraldSteeman> TOPIC: Announcements 15:01:10 <Mike_Pendleton> q? 15:01:19 <GeraldSteeman> AAAI-12, focus on "Semantic Cities". The idea of the workshop is to discuss open data and how semantics can provide a foundation to facilitate high-value analytics. See: http://research.ihost.com/semanticcities12/index.html 15:01:29 <MartinKaltenboeck> sorry have to jump out for another meeting - bye everybody 15:01:45 <BartvanLeeuwen> q- 15:01:46 <MartinKaltenboeck> @mhausenblas thanks for EDF2012 promo 15:01:48 <MartinKaltenboeck> cheers... 15:01:49 <bhyland> bye Matin 15:01:56 <bhyland> s/Matin/Martin 15:02:06 <mhausenblas> akc me 15:02:08 <mhausenblas> ack me 15:02:15 <Mike_Pendleton> +q 15:02:16 <bhyland> ack lbermudez 15:02:40 <Zakim> mhausenblas, you wanted to talk about NeoGeo as well a bit 15:02:45 <Zakim> -??P17 15:02:59 <bhyland> ack lbermudez 15:03:26 <GeraldSteeman> Bart: A lot work and $$ in europe for linking data 15:03:38 <Zakim> -ZacharyWhitley 15:03:52 <Mike_Pendleton> I unmuted 15:04:03 <PhilA2> zakim, unmute Mike_Pendleton 15:04:03 <Zakim> sorry, PhilA2, I do not know which phone connection belongs to Mike_Pendleton 15:04:20 <sandro> zakim, who is muted? 15:04:20 <Zakim> I see Mike_P, martin muted 15:04:20 <PhilA2> zakim, unmute all 15:04:22 <Zakim> sorry, PhilA2, I do not know which phone connection belongs to all 15:04:24 <boris> zakim, unmute all 15:04:24 <Zakim> sorry, boris, I do not know which phone connection belongs to all 15:04:45 <sandro> zakim, unmute Mike_P 15:04:45 <Zakim> Mike_P should no longer be muted 15:04:53 <cgueret> bye 15:05:10 <Zakim> -tinagheen 15:05:21 <rreck> ok bye 15:05:24 <GeraldSteeman> Mike P: Are terms is glossary tied directly to documents? 15:05:28 <Zakim> -rreck 15:05:31 <DaveReynolds> bye 15:05:34 <BartvanLeeuwen> thx bye ! 15:05:37 <Zakim> -sandro 15:05:37 <BenediktKaempgen> Thanks, bye 15:05:38 <Zakim> -DaveReynolds 15:05:38 <Zakim> -PhilA2 15:05:40 <GeraldSteeman> Bernadette: no not that tight. 15:05:40 <Yigal> Bye! 15:05:42 <mhausenblas> Michael: did my action 15:05:44 <martinAlvarez> martinAlvarez has left #gld 15:05:50 <Zakim> -BenediktKaempgen 15:05:52 <Zakim> -BartvanLeeuwen 15:05:53 <Zakim> -mhausenblas 15:05:55 <Zakim> -martin 15:05:59 <Zakim> -lbermudez 15:06:01 <Zakim> -boris 15:06:03 <mhausenblas> ACTION-62? 15:06:03 <trackbot> ACTION-62 -- Michael Hausenblas to revise abstract of People vocab by 2012-04001 -- due 2012-04-05 -- OPEN 15:06:03 <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/actions/62 15:06:11 <mhausenblas> close ACTION-62 15:06:11 <trackbot> ACTION-62 Revise abstract of People vocab by 2012-04001 closed 15:06:13 <Zakim> -Yigal 15:07:36 <Zakim> -bhyland 15:07:37 <Zakim> -GeraldSteeman 15:07:59 <Zakim> - +1.806.784.aabb 15:08:02 <bhyland> @Gerald, are you going to walk thru checklist now? 15:08:12 <GeraldSteeman> * Yes 15:08:16 <bhyland> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon20120329#Scribe.27s_End_of_Meeting_Checklist 15:08:32 <bhyland> If you get stuck, I'm standing by. 15:08:36 <bhyland> Thanks for scribing today 15:08:42 <GeraldSteeman> rrsagent, generate minutes 15:08:42 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/03/29-gld-minutes.html GeraldSteeman 15:10:11 <bhyland> RRSAgent, set logs world-visible 15:11:58 <GeraldSteeman> @bernadette, got an error with IRC copy log 15:12:10 <PhilA2> PhilA2 has left #gld 15:12:12 <bhyland> yes, I see that .. let me try ... 15:12:14 <bhyland> RRSAgent, generate minutes 15:12:14 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/03/29-gld-minutes.html bhyland # SPECIAL MARKER FOR CHATSYNC. DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE OR BELOW. SRCLINESUSED=00000303