Chatlog 2012-03-22

From Government Linked Data (GLD) Working Group Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

See original RRSAgent log or preview nicely formatted version.

Please justify/explain all edits to this page, in your "edit summary" text.

14:05:20 <RRSAgent> RRSAgent has joined #gld
14:05:20 <RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/03/22-gld-irc
14:05:50 <sandro> trackbot, start meeting
14:05:53 <trackbot> RRSAgent, make logs world
14:05:53 <Zakim> Zakim has joined #gld
14:05:55 <trackbot> Zakim, this will be GLD
14:05:55 <Zakim> ok, trackbot, I see T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM already started
14:05:56 <trackbot> Meeting: Government Linked Data Working Group Teleconference
14:05:56 <trackbot> Date: 22 March 2012
14:06:00 <gatemezi> Zakim, who's here?
14:06:00 <Zakim> On the phone I see davidwood, olyerickson, George_Thomas, [LC], +1.443.569.aaaa, gatemezi, ??P10, Mike_P, sandro
14:06:02 <Zakim> On IRC I see RRSAgent, Mike_Pendleton, ZacharyWhitley, martin, tinagheen, George, gatemezi, DaveReynolds, olyerickson, bhyland, trackbot, sandro
14:06:06 <tinagheen> Zakim, [LC] is me
14:06:06 <Zakim> +tinagheen; got it
14:06:09 <gatemezi> Agenda:http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon20120322
14:06:27 <Zakim> +[IPcaller]
14:06:31 <gatemezi> Topic: LAst week minutes
14:06:34 <George> zakim, who is here?
14:06:34 <Zakim> On the phone I see davidwood, olyerickson, George_Thomas, tinagheen, +1.443.569.aaaa, gatemezi, ??P10, Mike_P, sandro, [IPcaller]
14:06:35 <DaveReynolds> zakim, IPcaller is me
14:06:36 <Zakim> On IRC I see RRSAgent, Mike_Pendleton, ZacharyWhitley, martin, tinagheen, George, gatemezi, DaveReynolds, olyerickson, bhyland, trackbot, sandro
14:06:36 <Zakim> +DaveReynolds; got it
14:06:49 <Zakim> + +91.11.41.29.aabb
14:06:59 <Zakim> -DaveReynolds
14:07:02 <gatemezi> Minutes URL last meeting:http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2012-03-15
14:07:38 <Yigal> Yigal has joined #gld
14:07:49 <martin> zakim, ??P10 is probably me
14:07:49 <Zakim> +martin?; got it
14:08:06 <Biplav> Biplav has joined #gld
14:08:12 <George> zakim, who is here?
14:08:12 <Zakim> On the phone I see davidwood, olyerickson, George_Thomas, tinagheen, +1.443.569.aaaa, gatemezi, martin?, Mike_P, sandro, +91.11.41.29.aabb
14:08:15 <Zakim> On IRC I see Biplav, Yigal, Zakim, RRSAgent, Mike_Pendleton, ZacharyWhitley, martin, tinagheen, George, gatemezi, DaveReynolds, olyerickson, bhyland, trackbot, sandro
14:08:19 <deirdrelee> deirdrelee has joined #gld
14:08:41 <Zakim> +??P20
14:09:04 <Yigal> zakim, ??p20 is me
14:09:04 <Zakim> +Yigal; got it
14:09:07 <bhyland> +1 last week's minutes
14:09:08 <gatemezi> + 1
14:09:09 <olyerickson> +1 accept
14:09:10 <martin> +1
14:09:19 <Biplav> +1 last week's minute
14:09:35 <ZacharyWhitley> zakim, aaaa is me
14:09:35 <Zakim> +ZacharyWhitley; got it
14:09:46 <gatemezi> RESOLVED:Minutes of the last minutes 
14:09:53 <Yigal> I'm ??p20 and am muted
14:10:19 <rreck> rreck has joined #GLD
14:10:20 <sandro> bhyland, I just fixed the "Approved" / "Resolved" thing in the minutes from the 8th.
14:10:26 <DaveReynolds> DaveReynolds has joined #gld
14:10:34 <gatemezi> Topic:DCAT 
14:10:35 <olyerickson> -1 to knowing anything
14:10:58 <sandro> issue-8?
14:10:58 <trackbot> ISSUE-8 -- add a property to distinguish direct and indirect access of dcat:Distribution -- raised
14:10:58 <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/issues/8
14:11:05 <Zakim> +[IPcaller]
14:11:09 <DaveReynolds> zakim, IPcaller is me
14:11:09 <Zakim> +DaveReynolds; got it
14:11:10 <sandro> issue-9?
14:11:10 <trackbot> ISSUE-9 -- dcat:Distribution and its subclasses are unnecessary -- raised
14:11:10 <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/issues/9
14:11:19 <Zakim> +deirdrelee
14:11:57 <Zakim> +rreck
14:12:33 <gatemezi> olyerickson: reminds that we can close the issue or turn it to action if we feel so
14:12:50 <gatemezi> ...or for some examination needed...
14:13:06 <MacTed> MacTed has joined #gld
14:13:12 <bhyland> olyerickson: We have a number of issues that have been "raised" but some number of them should be moved to "open" or "closed", or other suitable status.
14:13:27 <sandro> issue-7?
14:13:27 <trackbot> ISSUE-7 -- Drop dcat:accessUrl, use the URI of the dcat:Download resource instead -- raised
14:13:27 <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/issues/7
14:13:57 <gatemezi> @martin: issue 7 is ok to be closed
14:14:11 <olyerickson> +1 to closing issue-7
14:14:12 <gatemezi> s/@martin/martin
14:15:11 <martin> Closing the issue without actions
14:15:47 <gatemezi> sandro: we need to see if PhilA is ok with closing this issue-7
14:17:21 <sandro> sandro: So, if ISSUE-7 was originally raised by Ed Summers, let's have someone get back to him and see if he still cares, etc.
14:17:56 <gatemezi> subtopic: issue-9
14:19:01 <sandro> issue-9?
14:19:01 <trackbot> ISSUE-9 -- dcat:Distribution and its subclasses are unnecessary -- raised
14:19:01 <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/issues/9
14:19:23 <gatemezi> @olyerickson: this model allows for multiple model distribution... give extensibility mechanism
14:21:12 <gatemezi> s/@olyerickson/olyerickson
14:21:36 <bhyland> q+
14:22:55 <gatemezi> Sandro: to send an email to ??? 
14:23:06 <sandro> s/???/Ed Summers at LoC/
14:23:09 <bhyland> Ed Summers at Library of Congress
14:24:14 <gatemezi> olyerickson to send finally an email to Ed Summers at Library of Congress to invite them to the group or for feedback
14:24:45 <gatemezi> s/Olyerickson/olyerickson
14:26:24 <gatemezi> q?
14:26:40 <gatemezi> q+
14:26:58 <gatemezi> olyerickson: issue-9 is a no issue..
14:27:09 <gatemezi> s/no/non
14:27:27 <gatemezi> @martin: agree to simplify the vocab...
14:27:39 <gatemezi> s/@martin/martin
14:27:46 <olyerickson> So martin says simplify, olyerickson says keep it "complicated" (as it)
14:28:07 <olyerickson> For correction: martin says "simple enough"
14:28:53 <gatemezi> s/@martin/martin
14:28:56 <olyerickson> I will present "concensus" to Ed Summers 
14:29:28 <gatemezi> q?
14:29:38 <gatemezi> q-
14:29:56 <Zakim> -tinagheen
14:30:21 <gatemezi> George: have also consensus with PhilA to close the issue
14:30:24 <bhyland> ack
14:31:08 <bhyland> q+
14:31:15 <gatemezi> q+
14:32:34 <gatemezi> bhyland: there is a housekeeping to do from the last request for FPWD
14:32:40 <Zakim> + +1.703.201.aacc
14:32:47 <olyerickson> +1 to not being down in the details...
14:33:09 <tinagheen> Zakim, aacc is me
14:33:09 <Zakim> +tinagheen; got it
14:33:33 <gatemezi> q-
14:34:07 <George> q?
14:34:09 <gatemezi> bhyland: how actually to change date in doc spec in mercurial
14:34:10 <tinagheen> Zakim, aacc is me
14:34:10 <Zakim> sorry, tinagheen, I do not recognize a party named 'aacc'
14:34:13 <George> ack bhyland 
14:34:48 <George> Topic:  Update and discussion on approved FPWD transition status of GLD products (Bernadette)
14:35:13 <gatemezi> sandro: the date are to negociated with the webmaster of W3C
14:35:50 <sandro> respec config.js
14:36:12 <gatemezi> DaveReynolds: in config.js you have the date 
14:37:02 <sandro> http://www.w3.org/2005/08/01-transitions-about
14:37:16 <Biplav> I have one small announcement which can be done at the end.
14:38:11 <gatemezi> davereynolds: could you summarize the discussion about DQ
14:38:53 <gatemezi> s/could you/ 
14:38:59 <bhyland> @DaveReynolds, thanks for telling me location of .js file to touch.  Done :-)
14:39:17 <gatemezi> ...how to motivate the issue in the UC document...
14:39:30 <bhyland> @tinagheen, let's discuss CD announcement time permitting on today's call.  
14:40:37 <bhyland> @davereynolds, well said.  Thanks.
14:41:17 <gatemezi> ...we are unclear now about the UC documents distinction (high-level vs technical level)
14:41:25 <Zakim> +??P33
14:41:31 <bhyland> Topic: Use cases vs. Specifications vs. Best Practices docs discussion
14:41:43 <Zakim> -??P33
14:41:55 <cgueret> cgueret has joined #gld
14:42:18 <Zakim> +[LC]
14:42:24 <cgueret> hello
14:42:24 <Zakim> -tinagheen
14:43:11 <tinagheen> Zakim, [LC] is me
14:43:11 <Zakim> +tinagheen; got it
14:43:21 <gatemezi> bhyland: Some portion of our work are coming from previous work...
14:43:45 <gatemezi> ...if we have some experts to check UC docs , it will be appreciated
14:44:41 <olyerickson> I *think* I'm hearing that use cases are critical, but they must be relevant and there must be champions/responsible parties
14:44:41 <gatemezi> Zakim, who's here?
14:44:41 <Zakim> On the phone I see davidwood, olyerickson, George_Thomas, ZacharyWhitley, gatemezi, martin?, Mike_P, sandro, +91.11.41.29.aabb, Yigal, DaveReynolds, deirdrelee, rreck, tinagheen
14:44:45 <Zakim> On IRC I see cgueret, MacTed, DaveReynolds, rreck, deirdrelee, Biplav, Yigal, Zakim, RRSAgent, Mike_Pendleton, ZacharyWhitley, martin, tinagheen, George, gatemezi, olyerickson,
14:44:45 <Zakim> ... bhyland, trackbot, sandro
14:45:00 <bhyland> zakim, aabb is biplav
14:45:00 <Zakim> +biplav; got it
14:45:45 <gatemezi> zakim, martin? is martin
14:45:45 <Zakim> +martin; got it
14:46:40 <gatemezi> davereynolds: we should concentrate on the high level UC docs..and use the tracker for more details
14:46:42 <George> q?
14:46:47 <olyerickson> I agree DaveReynolds' suggested approach
14:46:51 <gatemezi> +1 to davereynolds approach
14:47:16 <Biplav> q+
14:47:17 <DaveReynolds> q+
14:47:29 <bhyland> Topic: Community Directory
14:47:46 <gatemezi> Tina: CD could be distributed to the Organization?
14:48:01 <gatemezi> s/Tina/tinagheen
14:48:42 <gatemezi> bhyland: we have a tracker on the CD, based on  the feedbacl received after the 2F2F..
14:49:14 <gatemezi> ...will push it and could be distributed to any organization...
14:49:22 <gatemezi> s/feedbacl/feedback
14:49:25 <Biplav> Topic: AAAI Workshop called "Semantic Cities": http://research.ihost.com/semanticcities12/index.html
14:49:34 <George> ack Biplav 
14:49:46 <bhyland> tinagheen: Would like to see Community Directory pushed forward with the various FPWDs.
14:49:51 <bhyland> Topic: Announcements
14:49:53 <gatemezi> biplav: organizing a workshop on semanticcities
14:50:00 <mhausenblas> mhausenblas has joined #gld
14:50:10 <gatemezi> ...URL: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2012-03-15
14:50:16 <bhyland> Biplav: I am organizing a workshop at AAAI-12 called Semantic Cities. I mentioned it in our GLD calls as well. I wanted to send this request to you earlier but somehow missed. 
14:50:17 <bhyland> The idea of the workshop is to discuss open data and how semantics can provide a foundation to facilitate high-value analytics.  See: http://research.ihost.com/semanticcities12/index.html
14:50:30 <gatemezi> s/http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2012-03-15/ http://research.ihost.com/semanticcities12/index.html
14:51:31 <George> q?
14:51:55 <bhyland> @biplav - suggest you connect with Dan Melton from Code for America who does a lot of city based open government publishing… not necessarily promoting W3C standards per se, but someone I feel we should be liaising with ...
14:52:00 <Zakim> +mhausenblas
14:52:13 <DaveReynolds> ack me
14:52:21 <gatemezi> zakim, who's here?
14:52:21 <Zakim> On the phone I see davidwood, olyerickson, George_Thomas, ZacharyWhitley, gatemezi, martin, Mike_P, sandro, biplav, Yigal, DaveReynolds, deirdrelee, rreck, tinagheen, mhausenblas
14:52:24 <Zakim> On IRC I see mhausenblas, cgueret, MacTed, DaveReynolds, rreck, deirdrelee, Biplav, Yigal, Zakim, RRSAgent, Mike_Pendleton, ZacharyWhitley, martin, tinagheen, George, gatemezi,
14:52:26 <Zakim> ... olyerickson, bhyland, trackbot, sandro
14:52:50 <Biplav> Thanks for the guidance.
14:52:51 <gatemezi> DaveReynolds: BP doc revision....
14:53:06 <gatemezi> @biplav thanks for the announcement
14:53:50 <bhyland> The model I'd like to see is this BP doc, see http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/REC-mwabp-20101214
14:53:57 <mhausenblas> q+ to ask about status of FPWD
14:54:26 <gatemezi> bhyland: BP doc wants to make it looks like this http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/REC-mwabp-20101214/
14:55:01 <gatemezi> ..she is re-estructuring the document.. maybe for this sunday it could be ready for internal review
14:55:07 <mhausenblas> q?
14:56:08 <mhausenblas> Michael: Looking at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-gld-wg/2012Mar/0058.html and the other Transition Requests - wondering where we are … still not published?
14:56:56 <olyerickson> +1 to following MWABP but remember it is about apps, ours isn't
14:57:16 <mhausenblas> ack me
14:57:16 <Zakim> mhausenblas, you wanted to ask about status of FPWD
14:58:20 <gatemezi> bhyland: the status of FPWD--still coming for next week
14:58:44 <gatemezi> Topic: Announcements
14:59:38 <bhyland> The Status of the 4 vocab FPWD for transition has been approved by Thomas Roessler with caveats to fix up the publication date & SOTD ...
15:00:40 <bhyland> I'm going to email the editors with request to fix up but we are nearly there!
15:00:43 <gatemezi> Zakim, who's here?
15:00:44 <Zakim> On the phone I see davidwood, olyerickson, George_Thomas, ZacharyWhitley, gatemezi, martin, Mike_P, sandro, biplav, Yigal, DaveReynolds, deirdrelee, rreck, tinagheen, mhausenblas
15:00:46 <rreck> bye
15:00:48 <Zakim> On IRC I see mhausenblas, cgueret, MacTed, DaveReynolds, rreck, deirdrelee, Biplav, Yigal, Zakim, RRSAgent, Mike_Pendleton, ZacharyWhitley, martin, tinagheen, George, gatemezi,
15:00:48 <olyerickson> Thanks George for chairing today!
15:00:52 <Zakim> ... olyerickson, bhyland, trackbot, sandro
15:00:52 <bhyland> @george - thank you for chairing.
15:00:58 <Zakim> -deirdrelee
15:01:03 <martin> bye, thanks
15:01:03 <DaveReynolds> davereynolds has left #gld
15:01:06 <Zakim> -DaveReynolds
15:01:06 <martin> martin has left #gld
15:01:06 <olyerickson> olyerickson has left #gld
15:01:08 <Zakim> -mhausenblas
15:01:11 <Zakim> -martin
15:01:15 <gatemezi> rrsagent, generate minutes
15:01:15 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/03/22-gld-minutes.html gatemezi
15:01:16 <Zakim> -tinagheen
15:01:22 <Yigal> Yigal has left #gld
15:01:28 <Zakim> -olyerickson
15:01:34 <Zakim> -Yigal
15:01:36 <Zakim> -rreck
15:01:58 <stasinos> stasinos has joined #gld
15:02:20 <gatemezi> Chair: George
15:02:32 <Zakim> -George_Thomas
15:02:33 <Zakim> -Mike_P
15:07:56 <gatemezi> RRSAgent, set logs world-visible
15:08:07 <gatemezi> RRSAgent, generate minutes
15:08:07 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/03/22-gld-minutes.html gatemezi
# SPECIAL MARKER FOR CHATSYNC.  DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE OR BELOW.  SRCLINESUSED=00000232