Chatlog 2012-02-23

From Government Linked Data (GLD) Working Group Wiki
Revision as of 16:39, 23 February 2012 by Gatemezi (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

See original RRSAgent log or preview nicely formatted version.

Please justify/explain all edits to this page, in your "edit summary" text.

14:37:16 <RRSAgent> RRSAgent has joined #gld
14:37:16 <RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/02/23-gld-irc
14:37:18 <trackbot> RRSAgent, make logs world
14:37:18 <Zakim> Zakim has joined #gld
14:37:20 <trackbot> Zakim, this will be GLD
14:37:20 <Zakim> ok, trackbot; I see T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM scheduled to start in 23 minutes
14:37:21 <trackbot> Meeting: Government Linked Data Working Group Teleconference
14:37:21 <trackbot> Date: 23 February 2012
14:41:47 <HadleyBeeman> HadleyBeeman has joined #gld
14:53:12 <bhyland> hello everyone
14:53:18 <HadleyBeeman> Hi bhyland!
14:53:29 <bhyland> @Sandro, yes, please fix my typo on date … sorry
14:53:38 <HadleyBeeman> I've missed you all.  Someone's been scheduling Open Data Institute planning meetings at the same time as our telecons… Sorry.
14:54:41 <Zakim> T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM has now started
14:54:48 <Zakim> +bhyland
14:55:52 <Zakim> + +1.440.389.aaaa
14:56:13 <gatemezi> gatemezi has joined #gld
14:56:27 <bhyland> zakim, aaaa is HadleyBeeman
14:56:27 <Zakim> +HadleyBeeman; got it
14:56:59 <BenediktKaempgen> BenediktKaempgen has joined #gld
14:57:16 <George> George has joined #gld
14:57:29 <dvilasuero> dvilasuero has joined #gld
14:57:45 <boris> boris has joined #gld
14:57:51 <boris> zakim, code?
14:57:51 <Zakim> the conference code is 45394 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 sip:zakim@voip.w3.org), boris
14:58:00 <DaveReynolds> DaveReynolds has joined #gld
14:58:16 <Zakim> +boris
14:58:21 <Zakim> +Sandro
14:58:21 <Mike_Pendleton> Mike_Pendleton has joined #gld
14:58:45 <Zakim> +Mike_P
14:58:52 <olyerickson> olyerickson has joined #gld
14:59:21 <PhilA2> PhilA2 has joined #gld
14:59:38 <gatemezi> Scribe:Ghislain Atemezing
14:59:39 <boris> zakim, dvilasuero is with me
14:59:40 <Zakim> +George_Thomas
14:59:40 <Zakim> +dvilasuero; got it
14:59:50 <Zakim> + +1.757.604.aabb
14:59:53 <gatemezi> ScribeNick:gatemezi
15:00:04 <Zakim> +[IPcaller]
15:00:07 <gatemezi> Chair:Bernadette Hyland
15:00:08 <dvilasuero> \me thanks boris
15:00:10 <danbri> danbri has joined #gld
15:00:17 <DaveReynolds> zakim, +IPcaller is me
15:00:17 <Zakim> sorry, DaveReynolds, I do not recognize a party named '+IPcaller'
15:00:19 <Zakim> +raphael
15:00:30 <DaveReynolds> zakim, IPcaller is me
15:00:30 <Zakim> +DaveReynolds; got it
15:00:40 <Zakim> +??P57
15:00:56 <gatemezi> Agenda: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon20120222
15:01:02 <Deirdre> Deirdre has joined #gld
15:01:20 <olyerickson> zakim, ??P57 is me.
15:01:20 <Zakim> +olyerickson; got it
15:01:46 <gatemezi> Zakim, who is here?
15:01:46 <Zakim> On the phone I see bhyland, HadleyBeeman, boris, Sandro, Mike_P, George_Thomas, +1.757.604.aabb, DaveReynolds, raphael, olyerickson
15:01:54 <Zakim> boris has boris, dvilasuero
15:01:56 <Zakim> On IRC I see Deirdre, danbri, PhilA2, olyerickson, Mike_Pendleton, DaveReynolds, boris, dvilasuero, George, BenediktKaempgen, gatemezi, HadleyBeeman, Zakim, RRSAgent, MacTed,
15:01:58 <Zakim> ... bhyland, trackbot, sandro
15:02:02 <GeraldSteeman> GeraldSteeman has joined #gld
15:02:06 <Zakim> + +49.721.aacc
15:02:25 <olyerickson> zakim, mute me.
15:02:25 <Zakim> olyerickson should now be muted
15:02:49 <Zakim> +DeirdreLee
15:03:06 <olyerickson> typing "bh<tab> works nices
15:03:25 <olyerickson> +1 to good group ;) 
15:03:31 <bhyland> Agenda: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon20120223
15:03:34 <BenediktKaempgen> Zakim, who is here?
15:03:34 <Zakim> On the phone I see bhyland, HadleyBeeman, boris, Sandro, Mike_P, George_Thomas, +1.757.604.aabb, DaveReynolds, raphael, olyerickson (muted), +49.721.aacc, DeirdreLee
15:03:37 <Zakim> boris has boris, dvilasuero
15:03:37 <Zakim> On IRC I see GeraldSteeman, Deirdre, danbri, PhilA2, olyerickson, Mike_Pendleton, DaveReynolds, boris, dvilasuero, George, BenediktKaempgen, gatemezi, HadleyBeeman, Zakim,
15:03:38 <Zakim> ... RRSAgent, MacTed, bhyland, trackbot, sandro
15:03:41 <sandro> and "bh" without the tab also works.   :-)
15:03:54 <gatemezi> bhyland: We have to begin..welcome everything
15:03:56 <BenediktKaempgen> zakim, aacc is BenediktKaempgen
15:04:00 <BenediktKaempgen> Zakim, who is here?
15:04:04 <Zakim> +BenediktKaempgen; got it
15:04:10 <PhilA2> zakim, code?
15:04:12 <olyerickson> unmute me.
15:04:14 <Zakim> On the phone I see bhyland, HadleyBeeman, boris, Sandro, Mike_P, George_Thomas, +1.757.604.aabb, DaveReynolds, raphael, olyerickson (muted), BenediktKaempgen, DeirdreLee
15:04:17 <Zakim> boris has boris, dvilasuero
15:04:20 <olyerickson> zakim, unmute me.
15:04:23 <Zakim> the conference code is 45394 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 sip:zakim@voip.w3.org), PhilA2
15:04:27 <Zakim> On IRC I see GeraldSteeman, Deirdre, danbri, PhilA2, olyerickson, Mike_Pendleton, DaveReynolds, boris, dvilasuero, George, BenediktKaempgen, gatemezi, HadleyBeeman, Zakim,
15:04:33 <Zakim> ... RRSAgent, MacTed, bhyland, trackbot, sandro
15:04:35 <Zakim> olyerickson should no longer be muted
15:04:48 <bhyland> zakim aabb is gatemezi
15:05:11 <olyerickson> zakim, who is on the phone?
15:05:18 <Zakim> On the phone I see bhyland, HadleyBeeman, boris, Sandro, Mike_P, George_Thomas, +1.757.604.aabb, DaveReynolds, raphael, olyerickson, BenediktKaempgen, DeirdreLee
15:05:20 <gatemezi>  BenediktKaempgen to begin the first part of the agenda
15:05:21 <Zakim> boris has boris, dvilasuero
15:05:25 <Zakim> +[IPcaller]
15:05:27 <PhilA2> zakim, IPCaller is me
15:05:37 <Zakim> +PhilA2; got it
15:05:38 <bhyland> zakim, gatemezi is GeraldSteeman
15:05:43 <GeraldSteeman> Zakim, aabb is me.
15:05:46 <olyerickson> zakim, who is on the phone?
15:05:47 <bhyland> zakim, who is on the call?
15:05:47 <Zakim> sorry, bhyland, I do not recognize a party named 'gatemezi'
15:05:51 <Zakim> +GeraldSteeman; got it
15:05:59 <Zakim> On the phone I see bhyland, HadleyBeeman, boris, Sandro, Mike_P, George_Thomas, GeraldSteeman, DaveReynolds, raphael, olyerickson, BenediktKaempgen, DeirdreLee, PhilA2
15:06:04 <Zakim> boris has boris, dvilasuero
15:06:07 <Zakim> On the phone I see bhyland, HadleyBeeman, boris, Sandro, Mike_P, George_Thomas, GeraldSteeman, DaveReynolds, raphael, olyerickson, BenediktKaempgen, DeirdreLee, PhilA2
15:06:09 <Zakim> boris has boris, dvilasuero
15:06:16 <tinagheen> tinagheen has joined #gld
15:06:51 <bhyland> Request to approve last week's minutes, see http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2012-02-16
15:07:01 <gatemezi> Topic: last week minutes
15:07:22 <Zakim> +[LC]
15:07:25 <olyerickson> +1 to minutes
15:07:27 <tinagheen> Zakim, [LC] is me
15:07:29 <gatemezi> bhyland: discussed a lot BP documents
15:07:30 <boris> +1
15:07:31 <BenediktKaempgen> +1 minutes
15:07:32 <dvilasuero> +1
15:07:33 <GeraldSteeman> -q
15:07:34 <gatemezi> +1
15:07:52 <bhyland> q?
15:07:59 <gatemezi> RESOLUTION: the last minutes is approved
15:08:00 <Zakim> +tinagheen; got it
15:08:28 <gatemezi> Topic: Discussion about DQ use-case
15:09:00 <BenediktKaempgen> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Data_Cube_Vocabulary
15:09:13 <bhyland> Topic: RDF Data Cube Use Case proposed by Benedikt
15:09:34 <olyerickson> +1 to hearing BenediktKaempgen...
15:09:51 <gatemezi> BenediktKaempgen: 2 products..for rdf DQ vocab
15:10:06 <gatemezi> ...want to make sure that it covers all the use cases
15:10:15 <BenediktKaempgen> http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/default/data-cube-ucr/index.html
15:10:22 <gatemezi> ....for relevant scenario ...
15:11:20 <gatemezi> BenediktKaempgen: the doc has an introduction before a complete scenario
15:11:26 <bhyland> Abstract from Use Case doc: "Many national, regional and local governments, as well as other organizations inside and outside of the public sector, create statistics. There is a need to publish those statistics in a standardized, machine-readable way on the web, so that statistics can be freely integrated and reused in consuming applications. This document is a collection of use cases for a standard vocabulary to publish statistics as Linked Data.
15:11:45 <gatemezi> ..don't have at the moment concret links to the use of those scenario
15:12:30 <gatemezi> BenediktKaempgen: use case docs has 10..divided en two groups: to publish and consump data published
15:12:57 <gatemezi> ...the requirement depend on the use case...
15:13:25 <gatemezi> ...of course you have to use LD, the data should be published in a general way
15:13:51 <gatemezi> ...giving freedom for the consumption.. like modeling quantitive oobservation..
15:14:25 <gatemezi> ...the 2nd use case deals with excel files, their transformation
15:14:39 <Zakim> + +91.80.49.06.aadd
15:14:48 <gatemezi> ...the 3rth UC: base the modeling on SDMX...
15:15:22 <Biplav> Biplav has joined #gld
15:15:35 <bhyland> zakim, aadd is biplav
15:15:35 <Zakim> +biplav; got it
15:15:40 <bhyland> zakim, who is on the call?
15:15:40 <Zakim> On the phone I see bhyland, HadleyBeeman, boris, Sandro, Mike_P, George_Thomas, GeraldSteeman, DaveReynolds, raphael, olyerickson, BenediktKaempgen, DeirdreLee, PhilA2, tinagheen,
15:15:42 <gatemezi> ..4UC: publishing aggregation value; also at the granular level; measurement
15:15:44 <Zakim> ... biplav
15:15:44 <Zakim> boris has boris, dvilasuero
15:15:48 <bhyland> q?
15:16:09 <rreck> rreck has joined #GLD
15:16:19 <Biplav> Biplav: I am on the call, mute
15:16:25 <gatemezi> ...5UC: not sure about this, is about  registering for other platform
15:17:04 <Zakim> +rreck
15:17:07 <gatemezi> ...UC 6: regarding versioning...stats about other stats
15:17:24 <rreck> zakim, mute me
15:17:24 <Zakim> rreck should now be muted
15:17:51 <gatemezi> ...want to make sure that data can be used by "normal" tools...
15:18:27 <DaveReynolds> q+ to ask about qb explanation and categories of UC
15:18:48 <gatemezi> ...visualize data set in expressive way ...for analysis
15:19:35 <gatemezi> ...provide ways to analyse data with intelligent methods
15:20:22 <gatemezi> ...problem could occur with large data set...tools can't know for eg aggregation function...
15:21:20 <bhyland> q+
15:21:37 <gatemezi> ...last UC: specific stats are required in specifics formats...find way to transforme DQ data to those formats
15:21:48 <gatemezi> ...would be happy  to receive feedbacks..
15:22:00 <George> wow indeed - very comprehensive and exciting set of uc's :0
15:22:09 <olyerickson> +1 to awesome
15:22:14 <gatemezi> bhyland: thanks for the information in 16 min.
15:22:14 <DaveReynolds> ack me
15:22:14 <Zakim> DaveReynolds, you wanted to ask about qb explanation and categories of UC
15:22:19 <bhyland> ack DeirdreLee
15:22:30 <PhilA2> +1 to bhyland's thanks for the great work on this
15:22:52 <bhyland> +1 DaveReynolds … I had the same question
15:23:06 <olyerickson> +1 to DaveReynolds's point about mixing up UC with solution
15:23:41 <gatemezi> DaveReynolds: wondering how we have UC in the same document? 
15:23:43 <olyerickson> I don't agree
15:23:56 <Deirdre> looks like 41# puts up your  hand and adds you to speaker queue :)
15:24:01 <olyerickson> q+
15:24:04 <bhyland> Possible solution is to call it "best practices for DataCube Use" rather than Use Cases ...
15:24:40 <bhyland> q?
15:25:42 <bhyland> DaveReynolds: The proposed Use Case doc combines use case definition but also pre-supposes an outcome/approach
15:25:56 <gatemezi> DaveReynolds: technical UC dealing with design decision..
15:26:00 <olyerickson> I agree with DaveReynolds interpretation
15:26:31 <olyerickson> ** I think it's one of approach to BP
15:26:44 <olyerickson> q?
15:26:55 <bhyland> +1 to general use case definition but would like to see solutions separated.
15:27:09 <PhilA2> ack bhyland
15:27:50 <Biplav> q+
15:28:14 <danbri> danbri has joined #gld
15:28:52 <gatemezi> bhyland: Could we consider a doc for UCs and another like "BP for DQ" ?
15:29:56 <bhyland> Benedikt: The use of XMBL is mandated by US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), for final publishing purposes.
15:30:31 <bhyland> Bhyland asked whether that is used extensively elsewhere, e.g., EU, Asia, Australia, etc?
15:30:36 <boris> s/XBML/XBRL
15:31:23 <DaveReynolds> q+
15:31:36 <boris> q+
15:32:55 <PhilA2> There is an EU branch of XBRL too btw. They've been involved in the ISA programme stuff I'm doing
15:32:59 <PhilA2> http://www2.xbrl.org//eu/
15:33:15 <gatemezi> olyerickson: we could consider a check-list for guiding the user in taking the decision..particularly in BP docs
15:34:55 <bhyland> olyerickson: We need to remember who our constituents or consumers are … we shouldn't be focusing on application of a specific vocab to a problem … rather, how to make a decision, what criteria to apply … should highlight what is important, e.g. how to properly design URLs and define a URI policy...
15:36:01 <bhyland> benedikt: Liaised with Richard Cyganiak and his advice was that people in gov't are considering the application of these vocabs.
15:36:09 <bhyland> q?
15:36:16 <bhyland> ack olyerickson
15:36:51 <gatemezi> Zakim, who is here?
15:36:51 <Zakim> On the phone I see bhyland, HadleyBeeman, boris, Sandro, Mike_P, George_Thomas, GeraldSteeman, DaveReynolds, raphael, olyerickson, BenediktKaempgen, DeirdreLee, PhilA2, tinagheen,
15:36:54 <Zakim> ... biplav, rreck (muted)
15:36:54 <Zakim> boris has boris, dvilasuero
15:36:54 <Zakim> On IRC I see danbri, rreck, Biplav, tinagheen, GeraldSteeman, Deirdre, PhilA2, olyerickson, Mike_Pendleton, DaveReynolds, boris, dvilasuero, BenediktKaempgen, gatemezi,
15:36:57 <Zakim> ... HadleyBeeman, Zakim, RRSAgent, MacTed, bhyland, trackbot, sandro
15:37:00 <rreck> +1 checklist (to me it sounds like the right approach to a govt problem)
15:38:00 <olyerickson> +1 to moving on ;) 
15:38:09 <bhyland> q?
15:39:01 <DaveReynolds> ack me
15:39:17 <gatemezi> Biplav: propose to add for each UC  the benefit of using DQ 
15:39:24 <bhyland> Proposed: Putting Use Case & Req's for Data Cube Vocab on agenda for a week *after* we get through getting the stuff that is core to our Charter/Schedule addressed.
15:40:45 <bhyland> DaveReynolds: Use Case doc is about setting the context and explains solutions .. this should follow a separate Best Practice doc either part of the main BP doc or separate BP doc specific to the Data Cube
15:41:04 <bhyland> I like having the problem of too much good quality information to separate out :-)
15:41:31 <George> George has joined #gld
15:41:35 <bhyland> q?
15:41:42 <boris> ack me
15:41:42 <gatemezi> boris: thanks for the others...more precision for the UC 3 regarding the SDMX vocab which is not entirely covered
15:41:42 <bhyland> ack Biplav
15:41:45 <bhyland> ack boris
15:42:26 <gatemezi> Thanks Benedikt!
15:43:53 <dvilasuero> thanks benedikt, very good work!
15:45:16 <gatemezi> bhyland: sugestions for publishing FPWD ? Any formal procedure at W3C 
15:46:49 <PhilA2> The short name on the docs now look pretty good to me
15:46:50 <gatemezi> bhyland: there is a formal procedure for publishing FPWD...
15:47:03 <PhilA2> The editors have put them on in allc ases
15:47:09 <gatemezi> Topic: DCAT
15:47:47 <PhilA2> I admit I've not given it the time I had hoped 
15:47:54 <gatemezi> https://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/products/2
15:48:21 <PhilA2> Currently swamped by ISA Programme stuff that is more than filling my time so I've been a bit negligent on DCAT
15:48:48 <gatemezi> bhyland: RESOLUTION: posponed DCAT discussion to march, 8. 
15:49:09 <bhyland> Topic Org Ontology is now in Mercurial, see http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/default/org/index.html
15:49:13 <boris> http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/default/org/index.html
15:49:20 <gatemezi> dvilasuero: transform the ORG for reviewing process...
15:49:45 <bhyland> Approving Org Ontology will have an email sent to Thomas Roessler @ W3C to move to public review of FPWD
15:50:38 <sandro> PROPOSED: Publish the Org Ontology Specification as a FPWD
15:50:42 <bhyland> +1
15:50:45 <sandro> +1 (W3C)
15:50:47 <gatemezi> +1
15:50:52 <HadleyBeeman> +1 (LinkedGov)
15:50:54 <DaveReynolds> +1 (invited expert)
15:50:58 <rreck> +1 rrecktek
15:50:58 <boris> +1 (UPM)
15:50:59 <tinagheen> +1 (Library of Congress)
15:51:01 <George> +1 (HHS)
15:51:04 <dvilasuero> +1 (UPM)
15:51:08 <BenediktKaempgen> +1
15:51:09 <Deirdre> +1 (DERI)
15:51:10 <olyerickson> +1 (RPI)
15:51:11 <Biplav> +1 (IBM)
15:51:15 <BenediktKaempgen> +1 (FZI)
15:51:21 <GeraldSteeman> +1 (NASA)
15:51:31 <sandro> RESOLVED: Publish the Org Ontology Specification as a FPWD
15:51:41 <PhilA2> :-)
15:51:45 <HadleyBeeman> :)
15:52:06 <bhyland> Topic: People Vocab, see https://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/products/4
15:52:43 <BenediktKaempgen> \me thanks Dani
15:53:06 <DaveReynolds> Thanks especially to Dani
15:53:37 <bhyland> RESOLUTION: People Vocab, discussion post-poned to 8-Mar-2012 until MHausenblas
15:54:22 <gatemezi> Proposed: discussion of People Vocab post-poned 
15:54:29 <bhyland> q?
15:54:57 <gatemezi> Topic: Best Practices https://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/products/1
15:55:22 <bhyland> Topic: BP prep for FPWD, see https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/default/bp/index.html
15:56:14 <gatemezi> bhyland: there is a lot of content, many people involved..the editors working a lot to clean up all the content
15:57:09 <gatemezi> bhyland: The document is not ready at the moment even for internal revision 
15:57:35 <Zakim> -boris
15:57:37 <bhyland> Proposed: Separate working note for Linked Data Glossary
15:57:47 <bhyland> q?
15:57:54 <olyerickson> Q- Note that this ED doesn't reflect the current state of the work that's been done
15:58:31 <Zakim> +boris
15:58:47 <bhyland> ACTION: bhyland to produce a Linked Data Glossary from existing content in wiki & books.
15:58:47 <trackbot> Created ACTION-54 - Produce a Linked Data Glossary from existing content in wiki & books. [on Bernadette Hyland - due 2012-03-01].
15:59:06 <gatemezi> Zakim, who is here?
15:59:07 <Zakim> On the phone I see bhyland, HadleyBeeman, Sandro, Mike_P, George_Thomas, GeraldSteeman, DaveReynolds, raphael, olyerickson, BenediktKaempgen, DeirdreLee, PhilA2, tinagheen, biplav,
15:59:12 <Zakim> ... rreck (muted), boris
15:59:16 <Zakim> On IRC I see George, danbri, rreck, Biplav, tinagheen, GeraldSteeman, Deirdre, PhilA2, olyerickson, Mike_Pendleton, DaveReynolds, boris, dvilasuero, BenediktKaempgen, gatemezi,
15:59:22 <Zakim> ... Zakim, RRSAgent, MacTed, bhyland, trackbot, sandro
15:59:24 <Zakim> -HadleyBeeman
15:59:37 <boris> zakim, dvilasuero is with me
15:59:39 <Zakim> +dvilasuero; got it
16:00:33 <olyerickson> Observation- The BP ED doesn't include any of the URI Construction work to-date: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/223_Best_Practices_URI_Construction
16:00:37 <gatemezi> bhyland: consider procurement for a different working group note? 
16:01:14 <DaveReynolds> *Stunned* that W3C really thinks it can do REC for procurement. NOT at all happy with this.
16:01:17 <olyerickson> So URI Construction people need an action to update the ED in Hg...
16:01:31 <gatemezi> Zakim, who is here?
16:01:50 <bhyland> Topic: Community Directory, see new stats http://dir.w3.org/rdf/2012/directory/statistics.xhtml?view
16:01:55 <sandro> DaveReynolds, W3C does this with WCAG, right?
16:01:56 <bhyland> there are 66 organizations that have been listed.
16:02:09 <Zakim> On the phone I see bhyland, Sandro, Mike_P, George_Thomas, GeraldSteeman, DaveReynolds, raphael, olyerickson, BenediktKaempgen, DeirdreLee, PhilA2, tinagheen, biplav, rreck
16:02:13 <Zakim> ... (muted), boris
16:02:15 <Zakim> boris has boris, dvilasuero
16:02:22 <DaveReynolds> sandro, very different case, that's an area that W3C is qualified to recommend on
16:02:24 <gatemezi> Zakim, who is here?
16:02:50 <bhyland> q?
16:02:51 <sandro> DaveReynolds, you don't think we are qualified to say what is a Linked Data system....?
16:03:01 <DaveReynolds> sandro, yes
16:03:07 <Zakim> On IRC I see George, danbri, rreck, Biplav, tinagheen, GeraldSteeman, Deirdre, PhilA2, olyerickson, Mike_Pendleton, DaveReynolds, boris, dvilasuero, BenediktKaempgen, gatemezi,
16:03:11 <Biplav> q+
16:03:12 <sandro> sorry, lost in double negative, DaveReynolds   :-)
16:03:13 <Zakim> ... Zakim, RRSAgent, MacTed, bhyland, trackbot, sandro
16:03:21 <Zakim> On the phone I see bhyland, Sandro, Mike_P, George_Thomas, GeraldSteeman, DaveReynolds, raphael, olyerickson, BenediktKaempgen, DeirdreLee, PhilA2, tinagheen, biplav, rreck
16:03:27 <bhyland> Topic: Announcements
16:03:32 <Zakim> ... (muted), boris
16:03:38 <Zakim> boris has boris, dvilasuero
16:03:40 <bhyland> Biplav: described conference ...
16:03:54 <gatemezi> Biplav: organize a Workshop in LD
16:03:55 <DaveReynolds> sandro, W3C not qualified to recommend how to buy linked data solutions
16:04:19 <tinagheen> For clarification please, has Community Directory been released to the public?
16:04:41 <sandro> DaveReynolds, not "how to buy", but "what is a linked data server" or a "linked data storage system", or something like that.     That could be where Bernadette and I are disagreeing, too.
16:04:46 <bhyland> @tinagheen, not officially because we haven't made time to discuss in the WG.
16:05:05 <Zakim> On IRC I see George, danbri, rreck, Biplav, tinagheen, GeraldSteeman, Deirdre, PhilA2, olyerickson, Mike_Pendleton, DaveReynolds, boris, dvilasuero, BenediktKaempgen, gatemezi,
16:05:07 <rreck> thanks, bye
16:05:08 <Zakim> ... Zakim, RRSAgent, MacTed, bhyland, trackbot, sandro
16:05:11 <BenediktKaempgen> Thanks! Bye
16:05:14 <gatemezi> bhyland: thanks everyone
16:05:18 <gatemezi> RRSAgent, set logs world-visible
16:05:23 <DaveReynolds> sandro, so why call it "procurement" and prejudge the nature of the solution?
16:05:25 <bhyland> @ghislain, I'll hang out here to ensure the minutes get created OK.
16:05:44 <olyerickson> zakim, who is on the call?
16:05:46 <bhyland> thanks everyone.  Great work on vocabs & use cases .. thank you.
16:05:51 <olyerickson> zakim, who is on the phone?
16:05:54 <Biplav> AAAI 12 workshop on Semantic Cities: http://research.ihost.com/semanticcities12/index.html http://research.ihost.com/semanticcities12/index.html AAAI 12 workshop on Semantic Cities - 
16:06:02 <bhyland> @Biplav, thank you!
16:06:11 <gatemezi> RRSAgent, generate minutes
16:06:11 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/02/23-gld-minutes.html gatemezi
16:06:34 <bhyland> @Biplav, I'll ping you about addressing the organizational representation of a multi-national in the Community Directory … you'll have some good ideas I bet
16:06:35 <Zakim> -Mike_P
16:06:38 <Zakim> -olyerickson
16:06:42 <Zakim> -PhilA2
16:06:46 <Zakim> -bhyland
16:06:48 <Zakim> -DeirdreLee
16:06:50 <Zakim> -Sandro
16:06:57 <Zakim> -tinagheen
16:06:58 <Zakim> -BenediktKaempgen
16:07:04 <PhilA2> gatemezi: are you going to do the Common Scribe processing?
16:07:06 <Zakim> -GeraldSteeman
16:07:10 <Zakim> -rreck
16:07:14 <Zakim> -DaveReynolds
16:07:16 <PhilA2> i.e. get this onto the wiki?
16:07:22 <sandro> DaveReynolds, the charter text is:  "Specific products and services involved in governments publishing linked data will be defined, suitable for use during government procurement."   That's okay, yes?   That emphasis is because that's what John Sheridan and others were telling me they needed.
16:07:43 <Zakim> -George_Thomas
16:07:48 <Zakim> On the phone I see raphael, biplav, boris
16:07:50 <Zakim> boris has boris, dvilasuero
16:07:58 <Zakim> On the phone I see raphael, biplav, boris
16:08:05 <Zakim> boris has boris, dvilasuero
16:08:18 <Zakim> -raphael
16:08:22 <sandro> ( see http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/charter for more of the context. )
16:08:25 <gatemezi> @bhyland: I may need your help for the final process of the minutes :-) TIA
16:08:48 <bhyland> OK, would you like to take over now?
16:08:55 <bhyland> It will take me a couple minutes & we'll be done...
16:09:00 <Zakim> -biplav
16:09:12 <bhyland> RRSAgent, set logs world-visible
16:09:19 <PhilA2> bhyland: I'm happy to handle common scribe - I'm starting to get sued to it I think
16:09:20 <bhyland> RRSAgent, generate minutes
16:09:20 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/02/23-gld-minutes.html bhyland
# SPECIAL MARKER FOR CHATSYNC.  DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE OR BELOW.  SRCLINESUSED=00000351