From Government Linked Data (GLD) Working Group Wiki
Revision as of 16:07, 16 February 2012 by Commonscribe
Please justify/explain all edits to this page, in your "edit summary" text.
14:59:23 <RRSAgent> RRSAgent has joined #gld 14:59:23 <RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/02/16-gld-irc 14:59:51 <bhyland> rrsagent, make records public 15:00:26 <mhausenblas> trackbot, start telecon 15:00:28 <trackbot> RRSAgent, make logs world 15:00:28 <Zakim> Zakim has joined #gld 15:00:29 <tinagheen> tinagheen has joined #gld 15:00:30 <trackbot> Zakim, this will be GLD 15:00:30 <Zakim> ok, trackbot, I see T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM already started 15:00:31 <trackbot> Meeting: Government Linked Data Working Group Teleconference 15:00:31 <trackbot> Date: 16 February 2012 15:00:42 <Zakim> +[LC] 15:00:53 <bhyland> zakim, who is on the call? 15:00:53 <Zakim> On the phone I see George_Thomas, davidwood, +1.267.481.aaaa, [LC] 15:01:00 <Zakim> +mhausenblas 15:01:02 <tinagheen> Zakim, [LC] is me 15:01:02 <Zakim> +tinagheen; got it 15:01:05 <bhyland> zakim, davidwood is me 15:01:05 <Zakim> +bhyland; got it 15:01:42 <Zakim> +[IPcaller] 15:01:56 <bhyland> zakim, who is on the call? 15:01:56 <Zakim> On the phone I see George_Thomas, bhyland, +1.267.481.aaaa, tinagheen, mhausenblas, [IPcaller] 15:02:02 <Zakim> +boris 15:02:12 <bhyland> zakim aaaa is tinagheen 15:02:19 <bhyland> zakim, who is on the call? 15:02:19 <Zakim> On the phone I see George_Thomas, bhyland, +1.267.481.aaaa, tinagheen, mhausenblas, [IPcaller], boris 15:02:23 <George> chair: George 15:02:29 <George> scribe: olyerickson 15:02:32 <martin> martin has joined #gld 15:02:35 <bhyland> zakim aaa is tinagheen 15:02:56 <mhausenblas> Zakim, aaaa is tinagheen 15:02:56 <Zakim> +tinagheen; got it 15:03:07 <bhyland> zakim aaaa is olyerickson 15:03:14 <tinagheen> I don't think aaaa is me 15:03:22 <bhyland> zakim, who is on the call? 15:03:22 <Zakim> On the phone I see George_Thomas, bhyland, tinagheen.a, tinagheen, mhausenblas, [IPcaller], boris 15:03:23 <tinagheen> I am usually [LC] 15:03:37 <Zakim> + +1.443.569.aabb 15:04:11 <bhyland> zakim, tinagheen.a is olyerickson 15:04:11 <Zakim> +olyerickson; got it 15:04:12 <ZacharyWhitley> ZacharyWhitley has joined #gld 15:04:19 <bhyland> zakim, who is on the call? 15:04:19 <Zakim> On the phone I see George_Thomas, bhyland, olyerickson, tinagheen, mhausenblas, [IPcaller], boris, +1.443.569.aabb 15:04:26 <mhausenblas> Zakim, aabb is ZacharyWhitley 15:04:26 <Zakim> +ZacharyWhitley; got it 15:05:01 <bhyland> zakim, olyerickson is lbermudez 15:05:01 <Zakim> +lbermudez; got it 15:05:14 <bhyland> zakim, IPcaller is olyerickson 15:05:14 <Zakim> +olyerickson; got it 15:05:24 <bhyland> zakim, who is on the call? 15:05:24 <Zakim> On the phone I see George_Thomas, bhyland, lbermudez, tinagheen, mhausenblas, olyerickson, boris, ZacharyWhitley 15:05:26 <George> proposal: accept minutes 15:05:29 <olyerickson> olyerickson has joined #gld 15:05:31 <mhausenblas> +1 15:05:33 <boris> +1 15:05:37 <olyerickson> I'm on over here at least 15:05:42 <bhyland> Scribe: olyerickson 15:05:43 <olyerickson> I am the scribe 15:05:53 <George> resolved: minutes accepted 15:06:06 <Zakim> +??P32 15:06:08 <George> https://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/products 15:06:11 <martin> zakim, ??p32 15:06:11 <Zakim> I don't understand '??p32', martin 15:06:18 <martin> zakim, ??p32 is me 15:06:18 <Zakim> +martin; got it 15:06:25 <martin> zakim, mute me 15:06:25 <Zakim> martin should now be muted 15:06:27 <olyerickson> George: enough people on the call to resolve pending issues 15:06:30 <olyerickson> Action 25 15:06:30 <trackbot> Sorry, bad ACTION syntax 15:06:32 <George> https://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/actions/25 15:06:42 <olyerickson> George: resolve action 25? 15:06:58 <BenediktKaempgen> BenediktKaempgen has joined #gld 15:06:58 <olyerickson> ** procurement section 15:07:43 <olyerickson> George: Move to close action 25 15:08:15 <olyerickson> George: anyone with other issues that can be closed? 15:08:26 <Zakim> + +49.721.aacc 15:08:28 <olyerickson> Bhyland: Q on action 20 15:08:44 <olyerickson> ** was assigned to Bhyland, not sure what it is 15:08:52 <Yigal> Yigal has joined #gld 15:08:55 <olyerickson> ** drawing a blank 15:09:01 <BenediktKaempgen> \me sorry, bit late 15:09:02 <olyerickson> ** Link? 15:09:36 <olyerickson> ** Concerned "multilingual" discussion 15:09:39 <Zakim> +[IPcaller] 15:09:39 <martin> https://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/actions/20 15:09:58 <Yigal> zakim, IPcaller is me 15:09:58 <Zakim> +Yigal; got it 15:10:16 <olyerickson> Bhyland: Doesn't know what it is for, not in position to do anything about it 15:10:32 <olyerickson> george: info has been captured 15:10:49 <olyerickson> Please identify... 15:10:51 <MacTed> MacTed has joined #gld 15:11:27 <olyerickson> Tina: says that ed summers will respond to issue 12 on listserv 15:11:53 <bhyland> RE: Action-43, status is "in progress". I have a question as to whether the W3C Glossary/Dictionary location makes the most sense, see http://www.w3.org/2003/glossary/ 15:11:54 <olyerickson> george: How do we feel about FPWD status? 15:12:01 <bhyland> q+ 15:12:02 <mhausenblas> q+ to state FPWD position 15:12:06 <olyerickson> ** do we agree on readiness 15:12:23 <olyerickson> ** items on 'product" page "look good" 15:12:37 <olyerickson> ** any issues? 15:12:42 <George> https://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/products 15:13:07 <mhausenblas> q? 15:13:30 <olyerickson> DCAT has the most issues 15:13:40 <mhausenblas> ack bhyland 15:13:52 <olyerickson> zakim, ack bhyland. 15:13:52 <Zakim> I see mhausenblas on the speaker queue 15:14:16 <olyerickson> bhyland: RE Action 43, move it to "in progress" 15:14:44 <mhausenblas> Michael: I think we're good to go re FPWD batch - after the one week review, hence proposal to resolve this on 1 March telecon 15:14:51 <olyerickson> ** question of continuity 15:15:00 <olyerickson> ** not unique to working group 15:15:13 <George> q? 15:15:14 <mhausenblas> ack me 15:15:14 <Zakim> mhausenblas, you wanted to state FPWD position 15:15:36 <mhausenblas> http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/tr.html#first-wd 15:15:53 <mhausenblas> [[Purpose: The publication of the First Public Working Draft is a signal to the community to begin reviewing the document. See section 4.1 of the W3C Patent Policy [PUB33] for information about the policy implications of the First Public Working Draft.]] 15:16:18 <olyerickson> ** "signal to community to begin reading document" 15:16:33 <olyerickson> ** Of course, clearer is better, but 15:16:56 <olyerickson> ** we should not wait/should not delay just to be perfect 15:17:26 <olyerickson> olyerickson: +1 to getting it out there for feedback. We'll never get it perfect ourselves ;) 15:17:58 <olyerickson> zakim, mute me. 15:17:58 <Zakim> olyerickson should now be muted 15:18:21 <olyerickson1> olyerickson1 has joined #GLD 15:18:34 <George> q? 15:18:40 <bhyland> q+ 15:18:57 <olyerickson1> +1 with Michael's view 15:19:44 <olyerickson1> bhyland: Proposing to give WG two (2) weeks 15:20:04 <olyerickson1> * 2 weeks for WG to review 15:20:17 <olyerickson1> * 23 Feb is the date that everything should be ready 15:20:26 <olyerickson1> Michael: Actually, should start now 15:20:54 <olyerickson1> * people can comment on what they have now 15:21:12 <olyerickson1> * tradeoff, more time to review vs more editing, shorter review 15:21:26 <olyerickson1> bhyland: w.r.t. BP, "a lot" to clean up 15:21:53 <olyerickson1> * some parts 25% done, others 75% done 15:22:00 <olyerickson1> * people will have a hard tiem reading 15:22:14 <olyerickson1> * some parts looks like people's notes 15:22:56 <olyerickson1> Michael: suggest combining everything into common template/class 15:23:50 <olyerickson1> bhyland: Suggest she, michael, et.al. get together 15:23:59 <George> q? 15:24:01 <olyerickson1> * how to use the tools 15:24:04 <bhyland> ack 15:24:06 <olyerickson1> Michael: makes sense 15:24:35 <olyerickson1> * for the other parts/groups, no need to wait 15:24:48 <olyerickson1> bhyland; agreed, we're just talking about the BP 15:25:02 <George> +1 for all other FPWD's except BP, pending break-out discussion 15:25:49 <olyerickson1> I'm totally confused by the 'respect document' stuff 15:26:29 <mhausenblas> q+ 15:26:33 <olyerickson1> bhyland: suggest using the discussion tab in the wiki to make comments 15:26:36 <mhausenblas> ack bhyland 15:26:59 <mhausenblas> [[I'd like to send regrets for today, and inform you that we have been working on the document describing the ORG ontology, I planned to have it ready for today's call but I finally did not make it: 15:26:59 <mhausenblas> http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/default/org/index.html]] 15:27:47 <George> q? 15:27:54 <olyerickson1> bhyland: we need a way for people to make specific feedback/comments 15:28:23 <mhausenblas> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/default/people/index.html#uc3---public-tenders 15:28:28 <bhyland> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/default/bp/index.html#overview---bernadette 15:28:36 <olyerickson1> Q: Is there an overview for how we're using 'respect" for us newbies? 15:28:57 <mhausenblas> see http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/ReSpec.js/documentation.html olyerickson 15:29:12 <olyerickson1> * I hate that this stuff starts on one media, then goes to 'respect' or Hg or Foo or bar :( 15:29:25 <mhausenblas> but this is only relevant for Editors anyway ;) 15:30:22 <olyerickson1> Michael: Only people who need to know these details (e.g. ReSpec) are editorsa 15:30:43 <olyerickson1> bhyland: cochairs will send note on how to comment 15:30:48 <bhyland> Agreed: co-chairs to send msg to the GLD members explaining what and how to best comment on each of the deliverables (products) 15:31:39 <olyerickson1> phila/olyerickson/et.al. will send out something w.r.t. DCAT 15:31:48 <mhausenblas> q? 15:31:49 <olyerickson1> +1 to much love needed (for BP) 15:32:16 <mhausenblas> PROPOSAL: All other products beside BP can and should be reviewed as of now 15:32:23 <George> +1 15:32:25 <boris> +1 15:32:26 <olyerickson1> +1 15:32:43 <olyerickson1> ** reviews done in time for next telecon 15:33:05 <olyerickson> RESOLUTION: : All other products beside BP can and should be reviewed as of now 15:33:36 <olyerickson1> george: spend more time on BP now? 15:33:50 <George> q? 15:33:53 <olyerickson1> bhyland: yes to BP discuss now 15:34:01 <bhyland> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/default/bp/index.html#uri-construction---boris 15:34:02 <olyerickson1> * URI discussion 15:34:16 <olyerickson1> * we're getting a lot of interest in 15:34:25 <olyerickson1> * "people' looking for guidance 15:34:39 <olyerickson1> * people down the path 15:35:08 <boris> the wiki version is here http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/223_Best_Practices_URI_Construction 15:35:14 <olyerickson1> zakim, unmute me. 15:35:14 <Zakim> olyerickson should no longer be muted 15:35:16 <mhausenblas> ack me 15:35:20 <olyerickson1> q+ 15:35:27 <mhausenblas> +1 to use UK URI spec as an initial draft 15:36:54 <mhausenblas> ack olyerickson 15:37:03 <mhausenblas> q+ to talk to URI construction 15:37:56 <mhausenblas> ack me 15:37:56 <Zakim> mhausenblas, you wanted to talk to URI construction 15:38:03 <olyerickson1> zakim, mute me. 15:38:03 <Zakim> olyerickson should now be muted 15:38:15 <olyerickson1> michael: not about one against another 15:38:33 <olyerickson1> * more about how can we reuse something existing, kickstart 15:39:03 <George> q? 15:39:12 <bhyland> q+ 15:39:15 <olyerickson1> * reuse what we have, refine to what we ultimately want 15:39:15 <mhausenblas> q? 15:39:27 <boris> q+ 15:39:34 <olyerickson1> george: to michael's point, a bit more coverage 15:39:49 <olyerickson1> zakim, umumte me. 15:39:49 <Zakim> I don't understand 'umumte me', olyerickson1 15:39:59 <olyerickson1> no 15:40:02 <olyerickson1> argghdf 15:40:07 <boris> zakim, unmet oleyerickson1 15:40:07 <Zakim> I don't understand 'unmet oleyerickson1', boris 15:40:09 <olyerickson1> zakim, unmute olyerickson. 15:40:09 <Zakim> olyerickson should no longer be muted 15:41:10 <bhyland> George: The UK guidance on designing URIs provides more coverage & depth than RPI draft. It includes more on /def and /set for example. 15:41:55 <bhyland> Olyerickson: We have a more narrow, applied model from RPI and a broader model from data.gov.uk. One alternative is to put forward one particular model and ask people to comment on this… 15:42:11 <bhyland> …. another way is to suggest multiple models. 15:42:11 <mhausenblas> q+ analogy life cycles 15:42:24 <mhausenblas> q+ to make analogy w/ life cycles 15:42:25 <George> q? 15:43:25 <olyerickson1> bhyland: need more "meat," more coverage 15:44:06 <olyerickson1> * need something that is simpler than complete "UK" model, but more general than (say) "RPI" model 15:44:20 <olyerickson1> * "these are the issues you need to be aware of" 15:44:50 <olyerickson1> * at the end of the day, guidance that they need to do it right, etc 15:45:01 <olyerickson1> Note: "EPA" is an *example8 15:45:36 <George> ack bhyland 15:45:39 <George> ack boris 15:45:58 <olyerickson1> Summary: URI Construction section needs work/editing/by responsible bodies 15:46:14 <olyerickson1> boris: agrees with michael 15:46:34 <rreck> rreck has joined #gld 15:46:56 <olyerickson1> bhyland: would like to see e.g. two people who will "take the ball and run" 15:47:19 <olyerickson1> olyerickson: I will help, BUT I need a sense of what is needed 15:47:34 <George> q? 15:47:40 <mhausenblas> ack me 15:47:40 <Zakim> mhausenblas, you wanted to make analogy w/ life cycles 15:47:43 <olyerickson1> I don't have a clear picture of what it wants to look likke 15:47:51 <Zakim> +rreck 15:48:02 <olyerickson1> michael: similar situation in BP w.r.t. "Life cycle" 15:48:02 <rreck> zakim, mute me 15:48:03 <Zakim> rreck should now be muted 15:48:09 <olyerickson1> zakim, mute me. 15:48:09 <Zakim> olyerickson should now be muted 15:48:55 <olyerickson1> michael: goal should be to create something that fits for most, 15:49:12 <olyerickson1> * but leave out stuff that contributors can't live with 15:49:30 <olyerickson1> * leave sections stubbed in where there are arguments 15:49:55 <olyerickson1> zakim, unmute me. 15:49:55 <Zakim> olyerickson should no longer be muted 15:50:03 <olyerickson1> q+ 15:50:24 <martin> yes, I am 15:50:30 <boris> q+ 15:50:33 <martin> zakim, unmute me 15:50:33 <Zakim> martin should no longer be muted 15:50:42 <martin> zakim, mute me 15:50:42 <Zakim> martin should now be muted 15:53:10 <George> q? 15:54:43 <olyerickson1> q- 15:54:46 <mhausenblas> q? 15:55:20 <olyerickson1> are we changing topics? 15:55:30 <olyerickson1> TOPIC: Vocabulary selection 15:55:37 <olyerickson1> zakim, mute me. 15:55:37 <Zakim> olyerickson should now be muted 15:55:51 <boris> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/222_Best_Practices_for_Vocab_Selection 15:56:09 <George> q? 15:56:16 <George> ack boris 15:56:31 <olyerickson1> Summary of URI Construction: olyerickson and daniel to pull something together 15:56:54 <olyerickson1> ** boris is volunteering daniel 15:57:22 <olyerickson1> george: need to wrap up, plan 15:57:32 <Zakim> -boris 15:57:34 <mhausenblas> q? 15:57:38 <olyerickson1> * all but BP are ready to start reviewing 15:57:47 <mhausenblas> q+ to ask about WG-internal review request 15:57:54 <olyerickson1> * BP will have some break-out sessions 15:57:55 <mhausenblas> ack me 15:57:55 <Zakim> mhausenblas, you wanted to ask about WG-internal review request 15:58:16 <bhyland> yes michael 15:58:18 <olyerickson1> Michael: chairs to send out notifications 15:58:21 <mhausenblas> thanks! 15:58:31 <Zakim> +boris 15:58:33 <George> @ olyerickson1 - can you and i get together on the URI construction topic as well? perhaps with Dani? 15:58:37 <George> q? 15:58:42 <danbri> danbri has joined #gld 15:59:02 <olyerickson1> zakim, unmute me. 15:59:04 <Zakim> olyerickson should no longer be muted 15:59:19 <olyerickson1> "once upon a time there was a versioning section" 15:59:27 <bhyland> Once upon a time, we had the following people signed up to deal with versioning in BP doc: 15:59:28 <bhyland> ; Versioning: 15:59:28 <bhyland> * John Erickson (RPI) 15:59:28 <bhyland> * Ghislain (INSTITUT TELECOM) 15:59:28 <bhyland> * Hadley Beeman, (versioning as related to Data "Cube") 15:59:28 <bhyland> * Cory Casanove (OMG) 15:59:36 <olyerickson1> bhyland: who is responsible for versioning. 15:59:58 <olyerickson1> * still only has notes, no real content 16:00:34 <BenediktKaempgen> +q 16:00:39 <George> q? 16:00:43 <olyerickson1> bhyland: big gaping hole, need to close 16:00:49 <bhyland> q+ 16:01:01 <olyerickson1> michael; could just leave it as a section 16:01:22 <bhyland> Benedikt 16:01:25 <George> BenediktKaempgen: versioning could be part of the QB UC work 16:01:26 <olyerickson1> ??? could be a use case of datacube 16:01:39 <olyerickson1> not sure I understand 16:01:44 <George> q? 16:02:27 <BenediktKaempgen> +q 16:02:42 <George> ack bhyland 16:02:48 <mhausenblas> OK, sorry, I gotta run 16:03:35 <olyerickson1> benedikt: how versioning fits with DQ 16:03:51 <olyerickson1> ** also related to provenance 16:04:07 <Zakim> -mhausenblas 16:04:42 <olyerickson1> george: thanks to everyone 16:04:47 <Yigal> Yigal has left #gld 16:04:54 <BenediktKaempgen> bye, thanks 16:05:32 <Zakim> -ZacharyWhitley 16:05:36 <Zakim> -bhyland 16:05:40 <Zakim> -tinagheen 16:05:42 <Zakim> -Yigal 16:05:44 <George> RRSAgent, set logs world-visible 16:05:51 <Zakim> - +49.721.aacc 16:05:55 <Zakim> -martin 16:05:57 <George> RRSAgent, generate minutes 16:05:57 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/02/16-gld-minutes.html George # SPECIAL MARKER FOR CHATSYNC. DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE OR BELOW. SRCLINESUSED=00000312