From Government Linked Data (GLD) Working Group Wiki
Revision as of 16:15, 9 February 2012 by Phila
Please justify/explain all edits to this page, in your "edit summary" text.
15:00:48 <RRSAgent> RRSAgent has joined #gld 15:00:48 <RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/02/09-gld-irc 15:00:50 <trackbot> RRSAgent, make logs world 15:00:50 <Zakim> Zakim has joined #gld 15:00:52 <trackbot> Zakim, this will be GLD 15:00:53 <trackbot> Meeting: Government Linked Data Working Group Teleconference 15:00:53 <trackbot> Date: 09 February 2012 15:00:53 <Zakim> ok, trackbot, I see T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM already started 15:01:03 <BenediktKaempgen> BenediktKaempgen has joined #gld 15:01:18 <Zakim> +gatemezi 15:01:20 <Zakim> +mhausenblas 15:01:31 <boris> zakim, dvilasuero is with boris 15:01:31 <Zakim> +dvilasuero; got it 15:01:32 <tinagheen> Zakim, [LC] is me 15:01:32 <Zakim> +tinagheen; got it 15:01:57 <fadmaa> zakim, aaaa is me 15:01:57 <Zakim> +fadmaa; got it 15:02:03 <fadmaa> zakim, mute me 15:02:03 <Zakim> fadmaa should now be muted 15:02:19 <rreck> rreck has joined #gld 15:02:36 <Zakim> +[IPcaller] 15:02:38 <dvilasuero> scribe: Daniel Vila 15:02:48 <DaveReynolds> zakim, IPcaller is me 15:02:48 <Zakim> +DaveReynolds; got it 15:03:06 <dvilasuero> scribeNick: dvilasuero 15:03:16 <Zakim> +rreck 15:03:48 <Mike_P> Mike_P has joined #gld 15:03:55 <DaveReynolds> zakim, mute me 15:03:55 <Zakim> DaveReynolds should now be muted 15:04:02 <rreck> zakim, mute me 15:04:02 <Zakim> rreck should now be muted 15:04:09 <Zakim> +Mike_P 15:04:15 <dvilasuero> Topic: Accept minutes from last telco 15:04:21 <Zakim> -George 15:04:27 <Zakim> +bhyland 15:04:49 <PhilA2> PhilA2 has joined #gld 15:05:20 <Zakim> +George 15:05:20 <Zakim> +Sandro 15:05:27 <cygri> cygri has joined #gld 15:05:40 <stasinos> stasinos has joined #gld 15:05:43 <cygri> zakim, i'm with mhausenblas 15:05:43 <Zakim> +cygri; got it 15:06:04 <Zakim> +[IPcaller] 15:06:13 <Yigal> Yigal has joined #gld 15:06:17 <PhilA2> zakim, IPcaller is me 15:06:17 <Zakim> +PhilA2; got it 15:06:20 <George> George has joined #gld 15:07:24 <Zakim> +??P36 15:07:38 <Zakim> +??P37 15:07:43 <Yigal> zakim, ??p36 is me 15:07:43 <Zakim> +Yigal; got it 15:07:48 <PhilA2> chair: bhyland 15:07:51 <stasinos> Zakim, ??P37 is me 15:07:51 <Zakim> +stasinos; got it 15:08:31 <Zakim> + +1.202.409.aacc 15:08:31 <PhilA2> Agenda: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon20120209 15:09:24 <boris> last minutes http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2012-02-02 15:09:38 <BenediktKaempgen> +1 minutes 15:09:41 <mhausenblas> +! 15:09:44 <boris> +1 15:09:49 <dvilasuero> PROPOSAL: Accept the minutes from last week 15:09:49 <stasinos> +1 15:09:54 <fadmaa> +1 15:09:58 <gatemezi> +1 15:10:06 <dvilasuero> RESOLUTION: minutes accepted 15:10:15 <PhilA2> scribe: dvilasuero 15:10:49 <Zakim> +??P40 15:11:15 <BartvanLeeuwen> Zakim ??P40 is me 15:11:17 <dvilasuero> bhyland: there is a link to the PROV WG blog post, I propose to do the same 15:11:43 <BartvanLeeuwen> Zakim, ??P40 is me 15:11:43 <Zakim> +BartvanLeeuwen; got it 15:11:59 <dvilasuero> bhyland: Nobody wants to volunteer? 15:12:06 <boris> http://www.w3.org/blog/SW/2012/02/05/report-provenance-working-group-2nd-face-to-face-meeting/ 15:12:34 <dvilasuero> bhyland: I would be a good idea to show the people the work we have been doing via a blog post 15:13:04 <dvilasuero> bhyland: not meant to be detailed, just inform people about our progress in an informal way 15:13:17 <Zakim> + +91.80.49.06.aadd 15:13:28 <mhausenblas> q+ to talk about dissemination 15:14:01 <dvilasuero> PhilA: We need to do the WD, we should speak to the communication teams and inform them about our plans of publishing the WD's 15:14:34 <boris> q? 15:15:13 <mhausenblas> ack me 15:15:13 <Zakim> mhausenblas, you wanted to talk about dissemination 15:16:05 <PhilA2> action: bhyland to wrote to Ian Jacobs to forewarn the W3C Comm Team that the WG is planning to put out several working drafts 15:16:05 <trackbot> Created ACTION-48 - Wrote to Ian Jacobs to forewarn the W3C Comm Team that the WG is planning to put out several working drafts [on bhyland Hyland - due 2012-02-16]. 15:16:20 <dvilasuero> mhausenblas: We should try to get more publicity and visibility. We could do something like a google hangout: invite people to discuss and talk about the work of the WG 15:16:33 <PhilA2> action: Phil to write blog post about the publications, linking them to the ISA Programme work 15:16:33 <dvilasuero> ...: it would be a nice forum 15:16:33 <trackbot> Created ACTION-49 - Write blog post about the publications, linking them to the ISA Programme work [on Phil Archer - due 2012-02-16]. 15:17:14 <dvilasuero> mhausenblas: We could find an appropriate timeframe to do it 15:17:27 <dvilasuero> bhyland: Could someone from Deri participate? 15:17:39 <DeirdreLee> yes, i can help out 15:17:56 <dvilasuero> mhausenblas: I could participate, and we need to find more people from other organizations to participate 15:18:25 <dvilasuero> bhyland: We need to have at least one person organizing it 15:18:47 <dvilasuero> mhausenblas: How could we call it? 15:18:59 <dvilasuero> bhyland: GLD WG Open Day? 15:19:49 <BenediktKaempgen> Regarding using google hangout: How many people are possible to join a hangout at the same time? 15:20:02 <Biplav> Biplav has joined #gld 15:20:09 <DaveReynolds> I'm not on Google+ so could not join a hangout. 15:20:17 <dvilasuero> George: Agrees with mhausenblas 15:20:31 <PhilA2> action: mhausenblas to organise a "GLD Wg Online Open Day", including preparing a wiki page with information 15:20:31 <trackbot> Created ACTION-50 - Organise a "GLD Wg Online Open Day", including preparing a wiki page with information [on Michael Hausenblas - due 2012-02-16]. 15:20:37 <dvilasuero> mhausenblas: does not have to be g+ 15:21:11 <PhilA2> action: sandro to check internally whether it's OK to specify Google+ for an online open day or suggest alternatives 15:21:11 <trackbot> Created ACTION-51 - Check internally whether it's OK to specify Google+ for an online open day or suggest alternatives [on Sandro Hawke - due 2012-02-16]. 15:21:42 <dvilasuero> bhyland: Some technology that everyone can use and join the discussion about GLD and Open data 15:22:08 <dvilasuero> s/George/Sandro 15:22:40 <dvilasuero> bhyland: Talk about BP document 15:22:55 <dvilasuero> ...: Any update on Procurement? 15:22:57 <boris> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Best_Practices_Discussion_Summary 15:23:43 <dvilasuero> bhyland: Any comments? Intentions to do any further update? 15:24:07 <dvilasuero> Mike_P: I will update the overview section 15:24:16 <dvilasuero> ...: by the end of the week 15:24:37 <dvilasuero> boris: we agreed to have a checklist for this section 15:24:41 <BartvanLeeuwen> q+ 15:24:49 <boris> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/222_Best_Practices_for_Vocab_Selection 15:25:08 <dvilasuero> ...: Ghislain already worked and improved this section, the plan is to rephrase some bits of it 15:25:13 <BartvanLeeuwen> q- 15:25:38 <dvilasuero> bhyland: Are you going to be responsible to pull out the comments from the PDF to this section? 15:25:44 <dvilasuero> boris: Yes, I will 15:25:50 <PhilA2> Thanks Boris - and please don't feel under any pressure to use *any* of that text! 15:25:59 <BartvanLeeuwen> boris, what will we do with the multilanguage page ? 15:26:30 <dvilasuero> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/223_Best_Practices_URI_Construction#Topics_.28Dani_.26_Boris.29 15:27:16 <boris> dvilasuero: Talking about URI construction 15:27:39 <PhilA2> http URIs are cool, so I hear... 15:27:48 <boris> q? 15:28:00 <BartvanLeeuwen> sorry no microphone here 15:29:35 <mhausenblas> q+ to talk on LD principles and standardisation 15:30:16 <cygri> bhyland++ for test cases 15:30:31 <mhausenblas> ack me 15:30:31 <Zakim> mhausenblas, you wanted to talk on LD principles and standardisation 15:30:34 <boris> q? 15:32:17 <boris> mhausenblas: agrees with bhyland, but not 100% ... more best practices experiences, experiences we can share 15:32:44 <boris> bhyland: GLD different from LD .. 15:32:58 <PhilA2> q+ 15:34:26 <BenediktKaempgen> Provenance blog post: http://www.w3.org/blog/SW/2012/02/05/report-provenance-working-group-2nd-face-to-face-meeting/ 15:34:55 <dvilasuero> bhyland: I continue to see a missunderstanding in people that speak about LOD, they have fundamental missunderstanding about what LOD is 15:35:00 <gatemezi> q? 15:35:42 <dvilasuero> bhyland: have a checklist to check wether they are doing GLD or not 15:35:43 <sandro> +1 making it very clear how many stars you get. 15:35:44 <PhilA2> ack me 15:36:03 <rreck> +1 15:36:06 <dvilasuero> PhilA: if its possible to create a checklist, that would be excellent 15:36:08 <BartvanLeeuwen> +1 15:36:25 <rreck> +1 form! 15:36:28 <dvilasuero> ...: It could be a form that you fill, something like a validator 15:36:54 <sandro> +1 form or checklist.... 15:37:32 <sandro> :-) 15:38:14 <Biplav> +1 form or checklist. 15:38:43 <dvilasuero> PhilA: my other point is: ADMS is about providing codelist to people so they can use them and link to them 15:38:45 <mhausenblas> ACTION-50? 15:38:45 <trackbot> ACTION-50 -- Michael Hausenblas to organise a "GLD Wg Online Open Day", including preparing a wiki page with information -- due 2012-02-16 -- OPEN 15:38:45 <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/actions/50 15:38:51 <mhausenblas> Michael: done, see http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Open_Days 15:38:55 <mhausenblas> close ACTION-50 15:38:55 <trackbot> ACTION-50 Organise a "GLD Wg Online Open Day", including preparing a wiki page with information closed 15:39:30 <Mike_P> +1 @ Phil on use of LOD cloud in this manner 15:39:38 <dvilasuero> ...: As government agencies is you want to be in the cloud list you should follow a series of steps 15:39:57 <dvilasuero> s/cloud/LOD cloud 15:40:08 <dvilasuero> s/is/if 15:41:28 <dvilasuero> PhilA: People can use it to find out about how to proceed by typing their needs 15:41:46 <dvilasuero> ...: e.g. I want to describe people, etc. 15:42:18 <dvilasuero> bhyland: Going back to the agenda 15:42:37 <dvilasuero> q+ 15:42:43 <cygri> q+ 15:42:43 <rreck> zakim, unmute me 15:42:45 <Zakim> rreck should no longer be muted 15:42:49 <boris> q? 15:43:45 <dvilasuero> rreck: Find a consistent terminology 15:43:59 <gatemezi> q? 15:44:54 <dvilasuero> rreck: The other questions is, looking at my notes, there was a comment from Sandro about stability and the relation it has to URIs section 15:45:11 <dvilasuero> rreck: I wonder how we should do it 15:45:41 <dvilasuero> bhyland: Put the stuff you have in and then we can move the different parts to where they make more sense 15:46:03 <dvilasuero> bhyland: Persistence of URIs is really important 15:46:13 <cygri> q- 15:46:22 <dvilasuero> rreck: Stability section is making good progresses 15:46:40 <mhausenblas> q? 15:46:44 <PhilA2> ack dvilasuero 15:47:04 <boris> dvilasuero: Invites all to check the URI construction section ... feedback is welcome 15:47:51 <dvilasuero> bhyland: We need to go through issues list 15:48:20 <sandro> -> http://www.w3.org/TR/prov-primer/ PROV Model Primer 15:48:45 <dvilasuero> bhyland: It is important to our pragmatic prov section 15:49:03 <dvilasuero> bhyland: any other comments regarding pragmatic provenance? 15:49:05 <Zakim> -rreck 15:49:17 <dvilasuero> bhyland: Update on People vocabulary 15:49:21 <cygri> q+ to talk about dcat UC&R document 15:49:22 <boris> TOPIC: dcat 15:49:36 <mhausenblas> Michael: Concerning People, I'll add more details re the UC & R 15:50:04 <mhausenblas> q+ to ask if we can today resolve to go into WG-internal review with the first batch of FPWD 15:50:18 <PhilA2> ack cygri 15:50:18 <Zakim> cygri, you wanted to talk about dcat UC&R document 15:50:40 <cygri> ack me 15:50:45 <cygri> http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/default/dcat-ucr/index.html 15:51:00 <dvilasuero> cygri: I wanted to mention there has been progress on DCAT and UC&R 15:51:04 <Biplav> q+ 15:51:28 <dvilasuero> cygri: It looks pretty good, I'd say is good to go, with few modifications 15:51:52 <dvilasuero> bhyland: where do UC&R come from? 15:52:14 <dvilasuero> cygri: Work by Fadi and myself within Egov IG 15:52:20 <mhausenblas> q? 15:52:47 <dvilasuero> bhyland: DCAT and UC&R look good 15:53:04 <mhausenblas> ack me 15:53:04 <Zakim> mhausenblas, you wanted to ask if we can today resolve to go into WG-internal review with the first batch of FPWD 15:53:06 <mhausenblas> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2012-01-26 15:53:09 <Zakim> +rreck 15:53:49 <dvilasuero> mhausenblas: I was wondering if we are going today into WG-internal review? 15:54:00 <boris> q? 15:54:02 <boris> q+ 15:54:13 <dvilasuero> bhyland: I am afraid we are not ready, not much progress on the wiki since F2F2 15:54:32 <dvilasuero> bhyland: Monday could be a good deadline 15:54:51 <dvilasuero> mhausenblas: next thursday we will start internal review, right? 15:54:57 <dvilasuero> bhyland: Yes 15:55:00 <PhilA2> So internal review is due to start after next week's call 15:55:28 <dvilasuero> bhyland: We need to get a sense about what the state is regarding wiki progress 15:55:29 <PhilA2> ack Biplav 15:55:56 <mhausenblas> q+ to talk to source data 15:56:13 <dvilasuero> Biplav: Give an update about Source data. I am looking at specific source data within a certain domain 15:56:43 <mhausenblas> Michael: So, I'd be interested in the outcome of this as well - all I have in the People deliverable is https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/default/people/index.html#terminology 15:56:46 <mhausenblas> q? 15:57:24 <dvilasuero> Biplav: There are a couple of colleagues that could help and contribute to the section 15:57:34 <dvilasuero> ...: I am checking with them 15:57:40 <Zakim> -boris 15:57:50 <mhausenblas> q? 15:57:54 <gatemezi> q? 15:57:58 <PhilA2> ack mhausenblas 15:57:58 <Zakim> mhausenblas, you wanted to talk to source data 15:58:12 <mhausenblas> ack me 15:58:20 <boris> q- 15:58:58 <PhilA2> bhyland:We have a lot of action items, some of which are rather old. Can people with action items please... take action! 15:59:20 <PhilA2> ... some are so old now that it's not clear what they relate to 15:59:28 <PhilA2> scribe: PhilA2 15:59:53 <PhilA2> bhyland: I've set up the issue tracker to record directory issues 16:00:11 <BartvanLeeuwen> talked to martin hepp 16:00:55 <gatemezi> q? 16:01:04 <sandro> https://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/users/my 16:01:13 <PhilA2> bhyland: kudos if you complete your actions 16:01:37 <PhilA2> I actually completed both my actions this week :-) 16:02:06 <PhilA2> bhyland: TPAC is in Lyon in November - can we have a f2f there? 16:02:46 <PhilA2> Upcoming workshop -< http://www.w3.org/2012/06/pmod/ 16:03:17 <mhausenblas> q+ to talk about EDF2012 16:03:31 <mhausenblas> ack me 16:03:33 <mhausenblas> http://data-forum.eu/ 16:04:42 <Zakim> mhausenblas, you wanted to talk about EDF2012 16:04:54 <mhausenblas> acl me 16:04:55 <Yigal> Yigal has left #gld 16:04:55 <mhausenblas> ack me 16:04:55 <BartvanLeeuwen> okay thx bye 16:05:09 <DaveReynolds> DaveReynolds has left #gld 16:05:12 <gatemezi> thanks!! 16:05:34 <Zakim> -DaveReynolds 16:05:37 <Zakim> -tinagheen 16:05:44 <Zakim> -Sandro 16:05:45 <Zakim> -Mike_P 16:05:47 <Zakim> -bhyland 16:05:49 <Zakim> -PhilA2 16:05:53 <Zakim> -mhausenblas 16:06:00 <Zakim> +boris 16:06:01 <Zakim> - +3539149aabb 16:06:05 <Zakim> -gatemezi 16:06:10 <Zakim> -BartvanLeeuwen 16:06:11 <Zakim> -Yigal 16:06:13 <Zakim> -George 16:06:15 <Zakim> -stasinos 16:06:17 <Zakim> -fadmaa 16:06:24 <Zakim> -rreck 16:06:42 <Zakim> - +91.80.49.06.aadd 16:06:55 <PhilA2> rrsagent, make logs public 16:06:56 <Zakim> - +1.202.409.aacc 16:07:02 <PhilA2> rrsagent, dtaft minutes 16:07:02 <RRSAgent> I'm logging. I don't understand 'dtaft minutes', PhilA2. Try /msg RRSAgent help 16:07:12 <PhilA2> rrsagent, draft minutes 16:07:12 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/02/09-gld-minutes.html PhilA2 16:08:25 <dvilasuero> * thanks a lot phil and sorry about that # SPECIAL MARKER FOR CHATSYNC. DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE OR BELOW. SRCLINESUSED=00000270