Chatlog 2012-01-12

From Government Linked Data (GLD) Working Group Wiki
Revision as of 20:36, 12 January 2012 by Sandro (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

See original RRSAgent log or preview nicely formatted version.

Please justify/explain all edits to this page, in your "edit summary" text.

14:59:55 <RRSAgent> RRSAgent has joined #gld
14:59:55 <RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/01/12-gld-irc
14:59:57 <trackbot> RRSAgent, make logs world
14:59:58 <Zakim> Zakim has joined #gld
14:59:59 <trackbot> Zakim, this will be GLD
14:59:59 <Zakim> ok, trackbot, I see T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM already started
15:00:00 <trackbot> Meeting: Government Linked Data Working Group Teleconference
15:00:00 <trackbot> Date: 12 January 2012
15:00:12 <Zakim> + +1.703.860.aabb
15:00:21 <Zakim> +mhausenblas
15:00:24 <BartvanLeeuwen> BartvanLeeuwen has joined #gld
15:00:25 <Zakim> +sandro
15:00:25 <BenediktKaempgen> BenediktKaempgen has joined #gld
15:00:26 <cygri> cygri has joined #gld
15:00:42 <mhausenblas> Zakim, cygri is with me
15:00:42 <Zakim> +cygri; got it
15:00:44 <BenediktKaempgen> zakim, who's here?
15:00:44 <Zakim> On the phone I see George_Thomas, +1.267.481.aaaa, BenediktKaempgen, +1.703.860.aabb, mhausenblas, sandro
15:00:46 <Zakim> mhausenblas has mhausenblas, cygri
15:00:51 <Zakim> On IRC I see cygri, BenediktKaempgen, BartvanLeeuwen, Zakim, RRSAgent, fadmaa, Luis, Cory, mhausenblas, George, MacTed, bhyland1, trackbot, sandro
15:00:59 <rreck> rreck has joined #GLD
15:01:17 <Zakim> +davidwood
15:01:27 <rreck> hello david
15:01:42 <bhyland1> zakim, davidwood is me
15:01:44 <Zakim> +bhyland1; got it
15:01:53 <Zakim> + +0525616aacc
15:02:00 <Cory> Zakim, I am aabb
15:02:01 <Zakim> +Cory; got it
15:02:30 <bhyland1> I can scribe George
15:02:38 <rreck> whew
15:02:43 <Luis> Zakim +1.267.481.aaaa
15:02:49 <fadmaa> Zakim, aacc is fadmaa
15:02:49 <Zakim> +fadmaa; got it
15:03:08 <bhyland1> Scribe: bhyland
15:03:20 <Zakim> +rreck
15:03:28 <Zakim> +??P48
15:03:28 <rreck> zakim, mute me
15:03:29 <Zakim> rreck should now be muted
15:03:34 <Luis> Zakim, I am aaaa
15:03:34 <Zakim> +Luis; got it
15:03:36 <HadleyBeeman> HadleyBeeman has joined #gld
15:03:36 <BartvanLeeuwen> Zakim, ??p48 is me
15:03:36 <Zakim> +BartvanLeeuwen; got it
15:03:48 <fadmaa> zakim, mute me
15:03:48 <Zakim> fadmaa should now be muted
15:03:49 <gatemezi> gatemezi has joined #gld
15:04:04 <bhyland1> George, the minutes from last week don't look linked?
15:04:18 <bhyland1> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2011-01-05 404's
15:04:43 <Zakim> +MikePendleton
15:04:44 <rreck> we found them after the meeting
15:04:51 <Zakim> + +91.80.49.06.aadd
15:05:07 <rreck> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2012-01-05
15:05:34 <Zakim> +HadleyBeeman
15:05:47 <gatemezi> hi everyone! 
15:05:52 <HadleyBeeman> Hi!
15:06:17 <rreck> can you provide a link?
15:06:21 <George> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/F2F2#Agenda
15:06:29 <Cory> Cory has left #gld
15:06:30 <Mike_Pendleton> Mike_Pendleton has joined #gld
15:06:47 <Cory> Cory has joined #gld
15:07:13 <mhausenblas> q+
15:07:19 <bhyland1> @george - did you want to review/approve minutes from last week & tracker actions?
15:07:32 <rreck> can you provide a link to the minutes?
15:07:34 <Biplav> Biplav has joined #gld
15:07:57 <George> q?
15:08:00 <Yigal> Yigal has joined #gld
15:08:04 <sandro> rreck, http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2012-01-05   (but they need more cleanup)
15:08:11 <Zakim> + +1.202.691.aaee
15:08:30 <DanG> DanG has joined #gld
15:08:30 <rreck> ok, that is the link i posted
15:08:54 <gatemezi> zakim, who's here?
15:08:55 <Zakim> On the phone I see George_Thomas, Luis, BenediktKaempgen, Cory, mhausenblas, sandro, bhyland1, fadmaa (muted), rreck (muted), BartvanLeeuwen, MikePendleton,
15:08:59 <George> Topic: F2F2 Agenda
15:08:59 <Zakim> ... +91.80.49.06.aadd, HadleyBeeman, +1.202.691.aaee
15:09:02 <Zakim> mhausenblas has mhausenblas, cygri
15:09:04 <Zakim> On IRC I see DanG, Yigal, Biplav, Cory, Mike_Pendleton, gatemezi, HadleyBeeman, rreck, cygri, BenediktKaempgen, BartvanLeeuwen, Zakim, RRSAgent, fadmaa, Luis, mhausenblas,
15:09:07 <Zakim> ... George, MacTed, bhyland1, trackbot, sandro
15:09:07 <Zakim> +[IPcaller]
15:09:14 <George> bhyland1: 30 mins likely all that's required for CD
15:09:29 <Yigal> zakim, IPcaller is me
15:09:29 <Zakim> +Yigal; got it
15:09:38 <George> ack mhausenblas 
15:09:54 <sandro> mhausenblas
15:10:37 <bhyland1> Topic: F2F Planning
15:11:31 <mhausenblas> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Best_Practices_Discussion_Summary
15:11:37 <mhausenblas> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/bcb72f87b5cc/bp/index.html
15:11:55 <George> mhausenblas: sync wiki and editors draft
15:14:44 <sandro> +1 best to create slides, to help make sure everyone can get up to speed
15:15:05 <sandro> (don't assume everyone is up on every topic.  :-)
15:15:25 <bhyland1> Discussed: Produce slides to highlight deliverables & plan to speak to slides for not more than 10 minutes.
15:15:25 <HadleyBeeman> +1 to slides… also makes it easier to catch up if you miss part of the discussion
15:15:44 <bhyland1> Please link PDF version of slides to the F2F page
15:16:03 <sandro> (please don't assume people can use powerpoint.)
15:16:18 <bhyland1> People are also welcome to point to URL on slidy or slideshare.
15:16:20 <HadleyBeeman> Yep, pointers on the F2F page are good.
15:16:53 <Zakim> +raphael
15:16:54 <sandro> You can link to an attachment in the WG email archives...
15:16:59 <mhausenblas> Michael: slideshare or PDF as attachment on http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/F2F2 would be good
15:17:06 <rreck> hmm
15:18:06 <bhyland1> RE: Timeframes, is 45 min to cover each topic OK?
15:18:34 <mhausenblas> Michael: Next week I'm at risk for the telecon, so I'll likely have my stuff (slides + HG sync) ready by 2012-01-23 CoB
15:18:44 <rreck> it is a start
15:18:59 <rreck> +1 intial time requirements
15:19:59 <BartvanLeeuwen> +1 for a extra break
15:20:30 <George> q?
15:20:33 <rreck> i dont see a lunch break
15:20:38 <HadleyBeeman> Given the amount of time we're covering, three breaks is better, I think.
15:22:37 <bhyland1> Let's come back to food & supply thereof (sponsorship)
15:23:40 <DanG> Bernadette - Do you want to bring food into BLS for breakfast and breaks?
15:25:32 <rreck> +provide advice. it think this topic (URI construction) is critical
15:26:37 <rreck> i would like to see documentation of examples, rather that the usual geek only abstract discussion
15:26:43 <BartvanLeeuwen> +q
15:26:47 <bhyland1> Topic: Relative importance of URI construction and persistence strategy for linked data sets
15:26:51 <mhausenblas> q?
15:26:59 <rreck> +q
15:27:04 <rreck> zakim, unmute me
15:27:04 <Zakim> rreck should no longer be muted
15:27:04 <George> ack BartvanLeeuwen 
15:27:32 <bhyland1> @Dan - let's come back to the discussion of providing food.  We have to determine what is provided by hosts versus requires sponsorships for food.
15:28:23 <bhyland1> From our charter re: URI Construction:
15:28:23 <bhyland1> URI Construction. The group will specify how to create good URIs for use in government linked data. Inputs include http://www.w3.org/TR/cooluris/, http://www.cabinetoffice.gov.uk/media/308995/public_sector_uri.pdf, and http://data.gov.uk/resources/uris. Guidance will be produced not only for minting URIs for governmental entities, such as schools or agencies, but also for vocabularies, concepts, and datasets.
15:28:30 <mhausenblas> q+
15:28:35 <bhyland1> Does anyone read persistence into this deliverable?>
15:28:38 <George> ack rreck 
15:29:23 <mhausenblas> ack me
15:29:23 <bhyland1> rreck: Would like to make W3C published documentation emphasize concrete guidance.  Much of the specs published are hard to read.
15:29:28 <George> ack mhausenblas 
15:29:31 <mhausenblas> [[ This document is aimed at assisting government agencies and their contractors, vendors as well as researchers, to publish high quality, consistent data sets using W3C standards to increase interoperability. ]]
15:29:50 <Mike_Pendleton> +1 rreck
15:29:51 <bhyland1> @rreck - much of the W3C specs are for implementors of products and protocols, I think.
15:29:58 <rreck> +1 audience
15:30:09 <bhyland1> +1
15:30:19 <Mike_Pendleton> I can help provide that kind of 'eye'
15:30:19 <George> mhausenblas: asks for gld 'non-techies' to apply a critical eye and lookout for geek talk wrt deliverable highlight
15:30:26 <HadleyBeeman> Happy to have a look.
15:30:34 <HadleyBeeman> (with a non-techie hat on)
15:30:35 <George> q?
15:32:35 <rreck> i think we need to schedule reviewers who are not technical to comment
15:32:40 <bhyland1> RE: W3C policy on re: recommendations & specs.
15:33:02 <rreck> in the overall schedule not the f2f
15:33:10 <Mike_Pendleton> q?
15:33:13 <bhyland1> Sandro: There is no specific policy beyond WG members coming up with the most appropriate language & recommendations.
15:33:45 <Cory> Have to go, bye!
15:33:52 <rreck> bye cory
15:34:32 <rreck> how do we provide that information to you?
15:34:58 <bhyland1> DanG: US attendees must register in ADVANCE of their attendance.
15:35:26 <bhyland1> DanG: Is use of Internet email important to be people? The port for Internet email may be blocked.
15:35:41 <cygri> q+ to say we need port 6665
15:35:43 <bhyland1> DanG: I cannot guarantee that we can open all ports for everybody.
15:35:54 <bhyland1> q+
15:36:33 <bhyland1> Current list of attendees to US location (for security access)
15:36:35 <bhyland1> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/F2F2#Expected_in_person_.E2.80.93_Washington.2C_DC
15:37:18 <rreck> i just did
15:37:38 <Zakim> -Cory
15:37:47 <George> ack cygri 
15:37:47 <Zakim> cygri, you wanted to say we need port 6665
15:37:49 <bhyland1> People MUST write "confirmed" next to their name for US physical attendance.
15:37:51 <sandro> I need ports: 22 6665 6667 80 443
15:38:06 <bhyland1> Topic: Logistics for US site
15:38:10 <Mike_Pendleton> @ Dan - I'm confirmed on the wiki now
15:38:32 <bhyland1> Port 6665 for IRC cannot be opened per DanG.
15:39:05 <bhyland1> If you tunnel into your office, possibly it will work.
15:39:24 <George> q?
15:39:31 <George> ack bhyland1 
15:40:02 <bhyland1> DanG suggested IRC thru the W3C web site.
15:40:10 <bhyland1> Port 22 is needed for ssh, very important.
15:40:34 <bhyland1> RE: video access, we need wired ethernet.
15:42:26 <bhyland1> DanG: Having a wired ethernet would be difficult ...
15:43:22 <cygri> DanG, skype should work if that port works on the ethernet machine
15:44:34 <bhyland1> DanG: We have a machine set up for skype, he will try to get it for the F2F.
15:46:19 <bhyland1> s/We have/BLS has
15:46:40 <rreck> i would guess it is unlikely to have ssh ports open
15:47:16 <rreck> i bet teamviewer would work
15:48:02 <George> +1 bhyland1 to DanG :)
15:48:22 <bhyland1> Summary: DanG will check on port 22 access and we the potential for a skype machine on a wired connection.
15:48:48 <Mike_Pendleton> You are making Dan feel better Michael :)
15:49:22 <bhyland1> DERI has a deri guest account that people can use with proper auth. Main ports needed will be opened. Will try to get one machine on wired ethernet to facilitate skype.
15:50:02 <bhyland1> RE: Food / beverages
15:50:31 <bhyland1> There is a cafeteria that can cater food but we have to pay for it.
15:50:49 <rreck> arent we across the street from Union Station?
15:52:39 <rreck> me too
15:53:08 <bhyland1> Any parties/companies willing to fund tea breaks and luncheon?
15:53:25 <bhyland1> DERI is covered.
15:53:57 <rreck> i wont be allowed to bring guinness
15:54:06 <George> q?
15:54:21 <bhyland1> ack bhyland
15:54:50 <Yigal> The fee is a decent idea!
15:54:57 <bhyland1> Sandro suggested we charge a small fee like $40 to cover food & beverage, that happens sometimes.
15:55:35 <sandro> (or... that's a possibility, if no one is sponsoring, and we dont want to talk the time to walk to Union Station during the breaks)
15:56:36 <rreck> i cant make it that early. maybe on the second day
15:56:59 <rreck> +1 minutes
15:58:38 <George> q?
15:58:42 <George> q?
15:58:52 <bhyland1> Action: Sandro agree to clean up unknown references for Mike Pendleton's name in last week's minutes, see http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2012-01-05
15:58:53 <trackbot> Created ACTION-28 - Agree to clean up unknown references for Mike Pendleton's name in last week's minutes, see http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2012-01-05 [on Sandro Hawke - due 2012-01-19].
15:58:56 <Mike_Pendleton> @ Dan G - can you provide directions on how to get to the venue in BLS
15:58:57 <rreck> i am meeting with Anne tomorrow morning at 10
15:59:00 <bhyland1> zakim, who is on the call
15:59:03 <Zakim> I don't understand 'who is on the call', bhyland1
15:59:15 <bhyland1> zakim, who is on the call?
15:59:17 <Zakim> On the phone I see George_Thomas, Luis, BenediktKaempgen, mhausenblas, sandro, bhyland1, fadmaa (muted), rreck, BartvanLeeuwen, MikePendleton, +91.80.49.06.aadd,
15:59:20 <Zakim> ... HadleyBeeman, +1.202.691.aaee, Yigal, raphael
15:59:22 <Zakim> mhausenblas has mhausenblas, cygri
15:59:46 <bhyland1> zakim, aadd  is biplav
15:59:46 <Zakim> +biplav; got it
15:59:48 <Zakim> -biplav
16:00:02 <bhyland1> zakim, who is on the call?
16:00:02 <Zakim> On the phone I see George_Thomas, Luis, BenediktKaempgen, mhausenblas, sandro, bhyland1, fadmaa (muted), rreck, BartvanLeeuwen, MikePendleton, HadleyBeeman, +1.202.691.aaee,
16:00:04 <Zakim> ... Yigal, raphael
16:00:09 <Zakim> mhausenblas has mhausenblas, cygri
16:00:21 <bhyland1> regrets from mhausenblas for next week.
16:00:22 <rreck> bhyland: thanks for scribing
16:00:23 <bhyland1> thanks all!
16:00:29 <gatemezi> Thanks!!
16:00:36 <BartvanLeeuwen> thanks bye
16:00:41 <BenediktKaempgen> bye, thanks
16:00:45 <Zakim> -MikePendleton
16:00:45 <rreck> bubye
16:00:49 <Zakim> -fadmaa
16:00:51 <Zakim> -HadleyBeeman
16:00:53 <Zakim> - +1.202.691.aaee
16:00:55 <Zakim> -mhausenblas
16:00:57 <Zakim> -sandro
16:00:59 <Zakim> -raphael
16:01:05 <Zakim> -BartvanLeeuwen
16:01:07 <Zakim> -bhyland1
16:01:09 <Zakim> -BenediktKaempgen
16:01:09 <Yigal> Yigal has left #gld
16:01:11 <Zakim> -Luis
16:01:13 <Zakim> -Yigal
16:01:18 <bhyland1> RRSAgent, set logs world-visible
16:01:27 <bhyland1> RRSAgent, generate minutes
16:01:27 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/01/12-gld-minutes.html bhyland1
16:01:44 <HadleyBeeman> HadleyBeeman has joined #gld
16:05:06 <Zakim> -rreck
16:05:08 <Zakim> T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM has ended
16:05:10 <Zakim> Attendees were George_Thomas, fadmaa, +1.267.481.aaaa, BenediktKaempgen, +1.703.860.aabb, mhausenblas, sandro, cygri, bhyland1, +0525616aacc, Cory, rreck, Luis,
16:05:13 <Zakim> ... BartvanLeeuwen, MikePendleton, +91.80.49.06.aadd, HadleyBeeman, +1.202.691.aaee, Yigal, raphael, biplav
# SPECIAL MARKER FOR CHATSYNC.  DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE OR BELOW.  SRCLINESUSED=00000238