Chatlog 2012-01-05

From Government Linked Data (GLD) Working Group Wiki
Revision as of 20:32, 12 January 2012 by Sandro (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

See original RRSAgent log or preview nicely formatted version.

Please justify/explain all edits to this page, in your "edit summary" text.

14:19:52 <RRSAgent> RRSAgent has joined #gld
14:19:52 <RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/01/05-gld-irc
14:19:54 <trackbot> RRSAgent, make logs world
14:19:54 <Zakim> Zakim has joined #gld
14:19:56 <trackbot> Zakim, this will be GLD
14:19:56 <Zakim> ok, trackbot; I see T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM scheduled to start in 41 minutes
14:19:57 <trackbot> Meeting: Government Linked Data Working Group Teleconference
14:19:57 <trackbot> Date: 05 January 2012
14:23:37 <bhyland> bhyland has joined #gld
14:30:33 <Mike_Pendleton> scribe:MikeP
14:33:56 <Mike_Pendleton> #GLDWG
14:35:21 <raphael> raphael has joined #gld
14:35:41 <Mike_Pendleton> Chair: Bernadette Hyland
14:36:26 <MacTed> MacTed has joined #gld
14:45:12 <Mike_Pendleton> correction - Chair: George Thomas
14:50:11 <bhyland> bhyland has joined #gld
14:51:14 <fadmaa> fadmaa has joined #gld
14:51:27 <Zakim> T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM has now started
14:51:34 <Zakim> + +1.202.566.aaaa
14:51:57 <Mike_Pendleton> Chair: George Thomas
14:52:29 <HadleyBeeman> HadleyBeeman has joined #gld
14:52:46 <olyerickson> olyerickson has joined #gld
14:53:11 <HadleyBeeman> Hi all.  Happy new year!
14:53:30 <Mike_Pendleton> ScribeNick:Mike_P
14:53:39 <olyerickson> @All:  Happy New Year
14:53:44 <rreck> rreck has joined #GLD
14:53:46 <fadmaa> Hi. happy new year!
14:53:50 <HadleyBeeman> :)
14:55:03 <Mike_Pendleton> chair: gthomas
14:55:22 <Zakim> +George_Thomas
14:55:28 <Zakim> + +3539149aabb
14:55:37 <Zakim> + +1.218.296.aacc
14:55:48 <ZacharyWhitley> ZacharyWhitley has joined #gld
14:56:02 <rreck> zakim, +1.218.296.aacc is me
14:56:02 <Zakim> +rreck; got it
14:56:04 <George> George has joined #gld
14:56:08 <rreck> zakim, mute me
14:56:08 <Zakim> rreck should now be muted
14:56:42 <fadmaa> Zakim, +353914 is fadi
14:56:42 <Zakim> +fadi; got it
14:56:50 <George> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon20120105
14:57:04 <BartvanLeeuwen> BartvanLeeuwen has joined #gld
14:57:10 <BartvanLeeuwen> hi all
14:57:12 <fadmaa> Zakim, +353914 is fadmaa
14:57:12 <Zakim> sorry, fadmaa, I do not recognize a party named '+353914'
14:57:20 <Zakim> + +1.440.389.aadd
14:57:22 <fadmaa> Zakim, fadi is fadmaa
14:57:22 <Zakim> +fadmaa; got it
14:57:25 <GeraldSteeman> GeraldSteeman has joined #GLD
14:57:26 <bhyland> hi all.  George will be chairing today.  I'm on IRC only.
14:57:34 <HadleyBeeman> zakim, aadd is me
14:57:34 <Zakim> +HadleyBeeman; got it
14:57:57 <rreck> that is the one i forget to do
14:58:18 <Zakim> +??P12
14:58:21 <rreck> you want to be sure
14:58:22 <annew> annew has joined #gld
14:58:30 <BartvanLeeuwen> Zakim, ??P12 is me
14:58:30 <Zakim> +BartvanLeeuwen; got it
14:58:38 <rreck> hi anne
14:58:46 <Zakim> + +1.757.604.aaee
14:58:47 <George> Meeting <GLD>
14:58:53 <annew> yo Mr stability!
14:59:01 <rreck> anything but
14:59:07 <Zakim> +??P17
14:59:24 <George> Agenda: <http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon20120105>
14:59:25 <olyerickson> Zakim, P17 is me.
14:59:26 <Zakim> sorry, olyerickson, I do not recognize a party named 'P17'
14:59:27 <GeraldSteeman> Zakim, I'm aaee
14:59:28 <Zakim> I don't understand 'I'm aaee', GeraldSteeman
14:59:40 <olyerickson> Zakim, ?p17 is me.
14:59:40 <Zakim> sorry, olyerickson, I do not recognize a party named '?p17'
14:59:47 <GeraldSteeman> Zakim, aaee is me.
14:59:48 <Zakim> +GeraldSteeman; got it
15:00:05 <rreck> zakim needs to support more than one way to do things
15:00:08 <annew> correct meeting agenda URL is http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon20120105
15:00:09 <olyerickson> zakim, ??p17 is me. 
15:00:09 <Zakim> +olyerickson; got it
15:00:10 <Zakim> +sandro
15:00:21 <Zakim> +raphael
15:00:27 <sandro> RRSAgent, pointer?
15:00:27 <RRSAgent> See http://www.w3.org/2012/01/05-gld-irc#T15-00-27
15:00:31 <Zakim> + +49.721.aaff
15:00:32 <sandro> Zakim, who is on the call?
15:00:32 <Zakim> On the phone I see +1.202.566.aaaa, George_Thomas, fadmaa (muted), rreck (muted), HadleyBeeman, BartvanLeeuwen, GeraldSteeman, olyerickson, sandro, raphael, +49.721.aaff
15:00:33 <olyerickson> zakim, who is on the phone
15:00:35 <Zakim> I don't understand 'who is on the phone', olyerickson
15:00:50 <olyerickson> zakim, who is on the phone? 
15:00:54 <Zakim> + +1.267.481.aagg
15:01:02 <Zakim> On the phone I see +1.202.566.aaaa, George_Thomas, fadmaa (muted), rreck (muted), HadleyBeeman, BartvanLeeuwen, GeraldSteeman, olyerickson, sandro, raphael (muted), +49.721.aaff,
15:01:05 <Zakim> ... +1.267.481.aagg (muted)
15:01:10 <raphael> Present+ raphael
15:01:13 <BermudezLuis> BermudezLuis has joined #gld
15:01:17 <raphael> Regrets+ Ghislain
15:01:46 <sandro> Zakim, who is talking?
15:01:47 <Mike_Pendleton> George Thomas to chair today
15:01:52 <BenediktKaempgen> zakim, aaff is BenediktKaempgen
15:02:01 <sandro> zakim, aaaa is George 
15:02:05 <tgheen> tgheen has joined #gld
15:02:21 <Zakim> +BenediktKaempgen; got it
15:02:27 <Zakim> sandro, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: 12 (60%), +1.202.566.aaaa (47%)
15:02:35 <Zakim> +George; got it
15:03:03 <BenediktKaempgen> hearing it also
15:03:04 <rreck> yes i hear it too
15:03:08 <fadmaa> I hear a noise as well
15:03:09 <Zakim> +[LC]
15:03:09 <olyerickson> zakim, mute me.
15:03:10 <BartvanLeeuwen> sandro, +1 for sound
15:03:10 <rreck> it is noise cancelation
15:03:27 <olyerickson> Hi
15:03:29 <tgheen> Zakim, [LC] is me
15:03:31 <Zakim> olyerickson should now be muted
15:03:42 <olyerickson> I don't think it's me
15:03:48 <DruidSmith> DruidSmith has joined #gld
15:03:53 <Zakim> +tgheen; got it
15:03:57 <rreck> i am familiar but the solution is non-trivial
15:04:06 <BartvanLeeuwen> Zakim, mute me
15:04:07 <rreck> i am double muted also
15:04:15 <Zakim> BartvanLeeuwen should now be muted
15:04:34 <Zakim> + +1.202.566.aahh
15:04:44 <DruidSmith> Zakim, aahh is me
15:04:53 <Zakim> +DruidSmith; got it
15:04:54 <sandro> zakim, George is MikePendleton
15:04:55 <Zakim> +MikePendleton; got it
15:05:06 <Zakim> + +1.443.569.aaii
15:05:21 <Mike_Pendleton> Proposal to accept minutes?
15:05:26 <Mike_Pendleton> Comments?
15:05:30 <Mike_Pendleton> Accepted
15:05:30 <raphael> +1
15:05:34 <ZacharyWhitley> zakim, who's here?
15:05:34 <Zakim> On the phone I see MikePendleton, George_Thomas, fadmaa (muted), rreck (muted), HadleyBeeman, BartvanLeeuwen (muted), GeraldSteeman, olyerickson (muted), sandro, raphael (muted),
15:05:38 <olyerickson> +1 
15:05:38 <BartvanLeeuwen> +1
15:05:38 <Zakim> ... BenediktKaempgen (muted), +1.267.481.aagg, tgheen (muted), DruidSmith, +1.443.569.aaii
15:05:44 <Zakim> On IRC I see DruidSmith, tgheen, BermudezLuis, annew, GeraldSteeman, BartvanLeeuwen, George, ZacharyWhitley, rreck, olyerickson, HadleyBeeman, fadmaa, bhyland, MacTed, raphael,
15:05:46 <Zakim> ... Zakim, RRSAgent, BenediktKaempgen, Mike_Pendleton, danbri, trackbot, sandro
15:05:50 <Mike_Pendleton> TOPIC: Minutes Accepted
15:06:24 <olyerickson> No updates from me...
15:06:40 <rreck> I am improved the stability section but it is not complete
15:06:45 <rreck> s/am/have
15:07:18 <rreck> new AND improved
15:07:36 <George> TOPIC: Procurement
15:08:06 <annew> there's nothing to improve upon
15:08:18 <BenediktKaempgen> zakim, who's here?
15:08:18 <Zakim> On the phone I see MikePendleton, George_Thomas, fadmaa (muted), rreck (muted), HadleyBeeman, BartvanLeeuwen (muted), GeraldSteeman, olyerickson (muted), sandro, raphael (muted),
15:08:23 <Zakim> ... BenediktKaempgen (muted), +1.267.481.aagg, tgheen (muted), DruidSmith, +1.443.569.aaii
15:08:26 <Zakim> On IRC I see tgheen, BermudezLuis, annew, GeraldSteeman, BartvanLeeuwen, George, ZacharyWhitley, rreck, olyerickson, HadleyBeeman, fadmaa, bhyland, MacTed, raphael, Zakim,
15:08:30 <Zakim> ... RRSAgent, BenediktKaempgen, Mike_Pendleton, danbri, trackbot, sandro
15:08:51 <George> Mike_Pendleton: procurement - overview of LD, evolution of data mgmt practices, community dir
15:09:40 <DaveReynolds> DaveReynolds has joined #gld
15:09:48 <George> ... segments - Activities (5 areas); Services; Products - describe characteristics of S&P per activity
15:10:12 <HadleyBeeman> zakim, who is speaking?
15:10:23 <Zakim> HadleyBeeman, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: MikePendleton (84%), George_Thomas (21%)
15:10:35 <raphael> I'm not sure when this is time to discuss this, but the Linked Enterprise Data patterns workshop report has been released, http://www.w3.org/2011/09/LinkedData/Report and that there is an explicit mention of potential overalp with this group and its deliverables
15:10:51 <HadleyBeeman> MikePendleton, This sounds thorough and useful! I'll be keen to see it.
15:10:55 <DruidSmith_> DruidSmith_ has joined #gld
15:11:32 <HadleyBeeman> q+
15:12:24 <George> Sandro: save as htm from doc, then use tidy, tool chain to facilitate getting good results for wiki review by GLD members
15:12:37 <George> ... may be easier to recreate by hand
15:13:10 <DruidSmith_> My internet connection appears to be hosed as well
15:13:15 <George> q?
15:13:48 <George> ack HadleyBeeman
15:14:50 <HadleyBeeman> ack me
#15:15:14 <Mike> Mike has joined #gld
#15:15:23 <Mike> test
#15:15:28 <sandro> ack Mike
15:15:29 <DruidSmith> DruidSmith has joined #gld
15:16:11 <stasinos> stasinos has joined #gld
15:16:36 <olyerickson> Workshop Homepage here: http://www.w3.org/2011/09/LinkedData/
15:16:49 <Zakim> +??P44
15:17:17 <annew> Zakim, ??p44 is me
15:17:17 <Zakim> +annew; got it
15:17:24 <olyerickson> Report page here: http://www.w3.org/2011/09/LinkedData/Report
15:17:26 <Zakim> +[IPcaller]
15:17:40 <Mikep> Comments from Raphael on LD Enterprise Workshop - recommended LD Platform Workgroup; concern about overlap with GLD; recommend liason to deal to with that
15:18:06 <raphael> The report says: "In doing so it will be important to analyze any possible overlaps with the new Government Linked Data Working Group and suggest mitigating measures if appropriate."
15:18:14 <George> http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rational/library/basic-profile-linked-data/
15:18:17 <mikep> Sandro: Areas of overlap unclear; focus not on publishing for others to consume; but on applications exposing their data
15:18:22 <George> a 'basic profile' for linked data
15:19:40 <mikep> Sandro: suggest joint tast force to address major overlaps
15:20:22 <George> q?
15:21:27 <mikep> George: We will work to determine how best to work with the procurement piece from a technology perspective
15:21:46 <olyerickson> unmute
15:21:52 <olyerickson> zakim, unmute
15:21:52 <Zakim> I don't understand 'unmute', olyerickson
15:21:58 <olyerickson> help
15:22:05 <olyerickson> zakim, unmute me.
15:22:05 <Zakim> olyerickson should no longer be muted
15:24:39 <mikep> Having tech issues hearing
15:25:18 <fadmaa> the current version of dcat is at: http://www.w3.org/egov/wiki/Data_Catalog_Vocabulary/Vocabulary_Reference
15:26:08 <olyerickson> Not yet
15:26:37 <olyerickson> One of my actions is to do some eiki work on that
15:26:47 <George> Fadi: Person, Org work ongoing wrt semic.eu
15:27:38 <olyerickson> zakim, please mute me.
15:27:38 <Zakim> olyerickson should now be muted
15:28:42 <rreck> anne you can go
15:28:44 <rreck> yep
15:28:49 <rreck> zakim, unmute me
15:28:49 <Zakim> rreck should no longer be muted
15:29:15 <George> Topic: Stability
15:29:36 <George> annew: collaborating with rreck with some brainstorming
15:29:42 <annew> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Best_Practices_Discussion_Summary#2.2.5_Stability
15:30:00 <George> rreck: revamped input into secondary page from above
15:30:48 <mikep> Ron and Ann on Stability BPs - brainstorming and will take next steps next week; framing for indicators of stability for a project
15:30:58 <annew> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Best_Practices_Discussion_Stability
15:31:02 <George> annew: write up key indicators of stability - interested in GLD member comments from their experiences
15:31:06 <rreck> zakim, mute me
15:31:06 <Zakim> rreck should now be muted
15:31:07 <George> ... in the F2F2
15:31:15 <rreck> when is the f2f again?
15:31:18 <rreck> link please
15:31:35 <mikep> Topic: schedule and milestone review
15:31:45 <annew> Yes looking for comments during F2F on whether these ideas of stability will work with other best practices
15:32:05 <mikep> Sandro: lets focus on being productive for F2F
15:32:23 <mikep> Topic: F2F
15:32:30 <sandro> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/F2F2
15:32:48 <mikep> Request for general questions
15:33:20 <rreck> it is two days?
15:33:23 <sandro> yes
15:33:52 <rreck> brutal
15:33:59 <mikep> Discuss co-location issue
15:34:03 <sandro> "brutal"?
15:34:18 <rreck> commuting in DC is brutal at least for me
15:34:36 <mikep> Dan has confirmed 7 a.m. EST start time
15:34:50 <sandro> rreck, then by all means do what the charter/consensus/group decision says and commute to Ireland!  :-)
15:35:00 <rreck> great point
15:35:24 <mikep> How might break-out groups work give co-location?
15:37:56 <annew> The door to BLS is exactly across the street from the Union Station metro stop... for those who have brutal
15:38:16 <mikep> Sandro on breakouts - US people could end at 3 formally, but stay around longer
15:39:17 <mikep> George: Suggest a dry run on the call before the meeting to see if it works logistically
15:39:24 <BenediktKaempgen> +1 to peple listed
15:40:04 <annew> i thought leading a discussion more than a presentation
15:40:13 <olyerickson>  Suggestion: put the names *in* the agenda section
15:40:34 <mikep> George: Request each person describe what they will be presenting/discussing (time reqd, issues/questions raised) on the wiki page
15:40:58 <mikep> Sandro: Want to get the presentation/discussion to lead us to consensus
15:41:08 <annew> consensus design = what are the questions? and know enough to make a decision.. ?
15:41:33 <George> q?
15:42:51 <mikep> George: Questions about topics you will be leading/presenting?
15:42:52 <olyerickson> No questions (at this time...)
15:43:15 <Zakim> -annew
15:44:17 <mikep> George: Two more calls before the F2F: next week review updates; next week we could do a dry run
15:44:38 <mikep> George: Other input for F2F planning today?  
15:44:44 <mikep> None
15:45:24 <mikep> George: Let's open this up
15:45:30 <annew> oh bother with the  audio...still on chat...
15:45:41 <fadmaa> @bhyland yes I am from DERI
15:45:46 <sandro> annew, can you rejoin?      
15:45:49 <rreck> i am
15:45:55 <rreck> zakim, unmute me
15:45:55 <Zakim> rreck should no longer be muted
15:45:56 <rreck> sure
15:45:58 <rreck> one sec
15:46:00 <mikep> Sandro: Want to here more about Ron and Anne's work
15:46:32 <George> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Best_Practices_Discussion_Stability
15:47:34 <George> rreck: cost benefit considerations
15:50:58 <mikep> Ron: Overaching concept is that data has value, value reduced by costs in consuming it - looking at attributes that affect cost in using the data; trying to break down costs and show what helps reduce costs.  Push modification of legacy data upstrean so that it did not have ot recure.  ex: Turtle uses least disk space, easy for people to read vs. machine readabilty of other serializations:
15:51:23 <sandro> zakim, who is on the call?
15:51:23 <Zakim> On the phone I see MikePendleton, George_Thomas, fadmaa (muted), rreck, HadleyBeeman, BartvanLeeuwen (muted), GeraldSteeman, olyerickson (muted), sandro, raphael (muted),
15:51:26 <Zakim> ... BenediktKaempgen, +1.267.481.aagg, tgheen (muted), DruidSmith, +1.443.569.aaii, [IPcaller]
15:51:36 <rreck> zakim, mute me
15:51:36 <Zakim> rreck should now be muted
15:51:55 <mikep> George: Did anyone get a chance to look a provenance?
15:51:58 <George> q?
15:52:08 <olyerickson> RE Provenance new releases: Link? 
15:53:01 <HadleyBeeman> I had a quick review of them and found them interesting for us in LinkedGov… but not with the GLD in mind.  (Sorry)
15:53:43 <olyerickson> Links to recent PROV-WG drafts http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/wiki/Meetings:Telecon2011.12.22 (from their recent minutes)
15:54:43 <mikep> George and Sandro to look into AV tech for the F2F 
15:54:59 <rreck> zakim, unmute me
15:54:59 <Zakim> rreck should no longer be muted
15:55:10 <raphael> The PROV Model Primer is the most interesting document for a first approach
15:55:13 <raphael> ... see http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/primer/fpwd/Primer.html
15:55:27 <mikep> George: Other considerations?
15:55:49 <HadleyBeeman> q+
15:56:05 <George> ack HadleyBeeman 
15:56:21 <annew> anne's gotta go. good summary ron on stability!
15:56:26 <annew> bye
15:56:38 <George> HadleyBeeman: agenda section to address liason/overlap activity checklist suggested
15:56:47 <mikep> Hadley: Might help to consider at each meeting to go over overlap from other groups (ex: provenance, e-gov)
15:57:00 <Zakim> -DruidSmith
15:57:14 <olyerickson> Thanks as always, George! 
15:57:25 <Zakim> - +1.443.569.aaii
15:57:27 <Zakim> -GeraldSteeman
15:57:28 <BenediktKaempgen> Thanks
15:57:30 <olyerickson> Here's to productivity...
15:57:30 <BartvanLeeuwen> bye
15:57:31 <Zakim> -tgheen
15:57:32 <raphael> thanks, bye
15:57:33 <Zakim> -sandro
15:57:37 <Zakim> -HadleyBeeman
15:57:38 <Zakim> -fadmaa
15:57:43 <Zakim> -BartvanLeeuwen
15:57:47 <Zakim> -raphael
15:57:49 <Zakim> -olyerickson
15:57:51 <Zakim> -[IPcaller]
15:57:53 <Zakim> -BenediktKaempgen
15:57:55 <Zakim> - +1.267.481.aagg
15:57:58 <rreck> zakim, unmute me
15:57:58 <Zakim> rreck was not muted, rreck
15:58:05 <olyerickson> olyerickson has left #gld
#15:58:32 <George> Scribe: <mikep>
15:58:37 <George> Scribe: Mike
15:58:48 <rreck> i dont think you need them
15:58:50 <HadleyBeeman> HadleyBeeman has left #gld
15:59:27 <DaveReynolds> DaveReynolds has left #gld
15:59:28 <mikep> scribe: Mikep
16:00:33 <George> RRSAgent, set logs world-visible
16:00:47 <George> RRSAgent, generate minutes
16:00:47 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/01/05-gld-minutes.html George
# SPECIAL MARKER FOR CHATSYNC.  DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE OR BELOW.  SRCLINESUSED=00000307