Chatlog 2011-11-03

From Government Linked Data (GLD) Working Group Wiki
Revision as of 14:57, 3 November 2011 by Commonscribe (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

See original RRSAgent log or preview nicely formatted version.

Please justify/explain all edits to this page, in your "edit summary" text.

13:57:20 <RRSAgent> RRSAgent has joined #gld
13:57:20 <RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/11/03-gld-irc
13:57:22 <trackbot> RRSAgent, make logs world
13:57:24 <trackbot> Zakim, this will be EGOV_GLD
13:57:24 <Zakim> I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled within the next hour, trackbot
13:57:25 <trackbot> Meeting: Government Linked Data Working Group Teleconference
13:57:25 <trackbot> Date: 03 November 2011
13:59:32 <Yigal> Yigal has joined #gld
14:00:00 <Zakim> +Sandro
14:00:10 <Zakim> +[IPcaller]
14:00:12 <Zakim> +George
14:00:59 <Yigal> zakim, who's here
14:00:59 <Zakim> Yigal, you need to end that query with '?'
14:01:07 <Yigal> zakim, who's here?
14:01:07 <Zakim> On the phone I see mhausenblas, Sandro, George, [IPcaller]
14:01:08 <Zakim> On IRC I see Yigal, RRSAgent, ZacharyWhitley, George, cygri, mhausenblas, danbri, MacTed, trackbot, sandro, Zakim
14:01:11 <Zakim> + +1.703.362.aabb
14:01:15 <Zakim> + +1.267.481.aacc
14:01:21 <Yigal> zakim, IPcaller is me
14:01:21 <Zakim> +Yigal; got it
14:01:36 <cygri> zakim, i'm with mhausenblas
14:01:36 <Zakim> +cygri; got it
14:01:37 <luisBermudez> luisBermudez has joined #gld
14:02:01 <sandro> zakim, who is on the phone?
14:02:01 <Zakim> On the phone I see mhausenblas, Sandro, George, Yigal, +1.703.362.aabb, +1.267.481.aacc
14:02:03 <Zakim> mhausenblas has cygri
14:02:18 <sandro> zakim, aabb is COry
14:02:18 <Zakim> +COry; got it
14:02:25 <sandro> zakim, COry is Cory
14:02:25 <Zakim> +Cory; got it
14:03:05 <cygri> Agenda: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon2011.11.03
14:03:28 <sandro> zakim, who is on the call?
14:03:29 <Zakim> On the phone I see mhausenblas, Sandro, George, Yigal, Cory, +1.267.481.aacc
14:03:31 <Zakim> mhausenblas has cygri
14:04:04 <Zakim> + +1.443.569.aadd
14:04:08 <Zakim> +DanG
14:04:09 <sandro> george: would you scribe, please?
14:04:22 <ZacharyWhitley> zakim, who is here?
14:04:22 <Zakim> On the phone I see mhausenblas, Sandro, George, Yigal, Cory, +1.267.481.aacc, +1.443.569.aadd, DanG
14:04:24 <Zakim> mhausenblas has cygri
14:04:26 <Zakim> On IRC I see luisBermudez, Yigal, RRSAgent, ZacharyWhitley, George, cygri, mhausenblas, danbri, MacTed, trackbot, sandro, Zakim
14:05:25 <Dan> Dan has joined #gld
14:05:45 <druidsmith_> druidsmith_ has joined #gld
14:06:16 <sandro> ZacharyWhitley: Do I scribe in the cat?
14:06:22 <sandro> ZacharyWhitley: Do I scribe in the chat?
14:06:30 <George> george: yes
14:06:59 <DanG> DanG has joined #gld
14:07:10 <sandro> scribe: ZacharyWhitley 
14:07:11 <Zakim> + +1.202.566.aaee
14:07:25 <druidsmith_> druidsmith_ has joined #gld
14:07:44 <ZacharyWhitley> zakim, who's here?
14:07:44 <Zakim> On the phone I see mhausenblas, Sandro, George, Yigal, Cory, +1.267.481.aacc, +1.443.569.aadd, DanG, +1.202.566.aaee
14:07:46 <Zakim> mhausenblas has cygri
14:07:47 <Zakim> On IRC I see druidsmith_, DanG, luisBermudez, Yigal, RRSAgent, ZacharyWhitley, George, cygri, mhausenblas, danbri, MacTed, trackbot, sandro, Zakim
14:07:58 <druidsmith_> zakim, aaee is me
14:07:58 <Zakim> +druidsmith_; got it
14:08:34 <George> chair: George Thomas
14:09:03 <George> agenda: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon2011.11.03
14:10:27 <DanG> hand up
14:11:36 <George> q?
14:11:40 <George> ack DanG
14:13:03 <ZacharyWhitley> ZacharyWhitley has joined #gld
14:13:29 <ZacharyWhitley> DanG Requests publication of documents on gld wiki
14:14:27 <sandro> sandro: Anyone in the group can put a group "input" on the wiki or in the mailing list archives.   Whether it's a group "output" is then up to a decision of the group.
14:15:14 <ZacharyWhitley> DanG: Requests requests publication of documents on gld wiki
14:15:25 <George> Action: DanG will post OGV docs as input to GLD on GLD wiki
14:15:25 <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - DanG
14:16:09 <ZacharyWhitley> zakim, who's here?
14:16:09 <Zakim> On the phone I see mhausenblas, Sandro, George, Yigal, Cory, +1.267.481.aacc, +1.443.569.aadd, DanG, druidsmith_
14:16:11 <Zakim> mhausenblas has cygri
14:16:13 <Zakim> On IRC I see ZacharyWhitley, druidsmith_, DanG, luisBermudez, Yigal, RRSAgent, George, cygri, mhausenblas, danbri, MacTed, trackbot, sandro, Zakim
14:16:16 <olyerickson> olyerickson has joined #gld
14:17:21 <HadleyBeeman> HadleyBeeman has joined #gld
14:17:42 <HadleyBeeman1> HadleyBeeman1 has joined #gld
14:18:44 <George> mhausenblas: attended ISWC for a day, offers some comments
14:19:06 <George> ... participated in panel 
14:19:07 <cygri> ACTION: Dan Gillman to post OGV docs as input to GLD on GLD wiki
14:19:07 <trackbot> Created ACTION-13 - Gillman to post OGV docs as input to GLD on GLD wiki [on Dan Gillman - due 2011-11-10].
14:19:19 <cygri> ACTION-13?
14:19:19 <trackbot> ACTION-13 -- Dan Gillman to gillman to post OGV docs as input to GLD on GLD wiki -- due 2011-11-10 -- OPEN
14:19:19 <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/actions/13
14:19:44 <olyerickson> zakim, who is on the phone? 
14:19:44 <Zakim> On the phone I see mhausenblas, Sandro, George, Yigal, Cory, +1.267.481.aacc, +1.443.569.aadd, DanG, druidsmith_
14:19:47 <Zakim> mhausenblas has cygri
14:19:50 <cygri> DanG, you may have to go to http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/users and log in to add your DanG nickname to the table
14:21:26 <DanG> Added
14:21:41 <cygri> thanks DanG
14:21:42 <ZacharyWhitley> TOPIC: Review minutes
14:21:57 <HadleyBeeman1> zakim, what's the code?
14:21:57 <Zakim> the conference code is 45394 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 sip:zakim@voip.w3.org), HadleyBeeman1
14:22:02 <George> propose: accept minutes 
14:22:04 <mhausenblas> +1
14:22:05 <Yigal> +1 to accept minutes
14:22:16 <cygri> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2011-10-27
14:22:29 <ZacharyWhitley> ??:minutes accepted
14:22:46 <ZacharyWhitley> TOPIC: F2F-2
14:23:24 <George> W3C GLD WG Second F2F, @ DERI Galway, 25-26 Jan 2012
14:23:54 <mhausenblas> q+
14:24:09 <mhausenblas> ack me
14:24:15 <Zakim> +??P31
14:24:31 <olyerickson> zakim, ??P31 is me
14:24:31 <Zakim> +olyerickson; got it
14:24:39 <George> F2F  Goal - publish First Working Draft of deliverables
14:24:41 <ZacharyWhitley> mhausenblas: propose publishing first working draft after F2F-2
14:24:45 <cygri> zakim, mute olyerickson
14:24:45 <Zakim> olyerickson should now be muted
14:25:29 <George> sandro: id possible issues / points of disagreements / open issues prior to f2f
14:26:08 <DanG> hand up
14:26:10 <ZacharyWhitley> zakim, who's here?
14:26:10 <Zakim> On the phone I see mhausenblas, Sandro, George, Yigal, Cory, +1.267.481.aacc, +1.443.569.aadd, DanG, druidsmith_, olyerickson (muted)
14:26:13 <Zakim> mhausenblas has cygri
14:26:14 <Zakim> On IRC I see hadleybeeman, olyerickson, ZacharyWhitley, druidsmith_, DanG, luisBermudez, Yigal, RRSAgent, George, cygri, mhausenblas, danbri, MacTed, trackbot, sandro, Zakim
14:26:15 <George> q?
14:26:17 <cygri> zakim, code?
14:26:17 <Zakim> the conference code is 45394 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 sip:zakim@voip.w3.org), cygri
14:26:52 <cygri> sandro++
14:27:34 <George> ack DanG
14:27:37 <George> q?
14:27:57 <sandro> sandro: Yes, it'll be good to identify deliverables we're looking like we will have trouble delivering, and use those as a lever to get more resources.  IE say "it's looking like we wont be able to do FOO; if it's important, come help us with it."
14:28:22 <cygri> q+
14:28:34 <olyerickson> RE Using Thurs calls for this, we can, but I think we need to use the email more aggresively
14:29:32 <ZacharyWhitley> q?
14:29:46 <Zakim> -Cory
14:30:03 <Zakim> +HadleyBeeman
14:30:18 <George> ack cygri
14:30:38 <Zakim> +Cory
14:31:00 <ZacharyWhitley> q?
14:31:15 <ZacharyWhitley> Cory: Can host in DC
14:31:52 <ZacharyWhitley> ??: unknown if DERI has telecon facilities available
14:32:10 <sandro> DanG: BLS has a video facility we might use, if DERI's works
14:32:29 <ZacharyWhitley> TOPIC: F2F-2 telecon resources
14:33:06 <Zakim> -HadleyBeeman
14:33:20 <cygri> ACTION: cygri to check availability of videoconferencing system in DERI
14:33:20 <trackbot> Created ACTION-14 - Check availability of videoconferencing system in DERI [on Richard Cyganiak - due 2011-11-10].
14:33:34 <olyerickson> DC is easily accessible for any of us on the east coast
14:34:03 <George> colocation is a possible requirement and good option in general
14:34:11 <ZacharyWhitley> cyrgi: telecon for US members unable to travel to F2F-2
14:34:49 <olyerickson> Q: Why can't we use Skype, video, projectors, etc? 
14:35:44 <cygri> s/cyrgi/cygri/
14:35:51 <sandro> sandro: Maybe we can do a half-day or all-day tour of DERI projects the day before/after the F2F2, to help give one more reason to attend in person, and generally being useful
14:36:22 <George> q?
14:36:25 <olyerickson> +1 to tour of DERI projects...hoping I can attend in person...
14:36:34 <olyerickson> no I'm not on q
14:36:49 <Zakim> +HadleyBeeman
14:37:16 <ZacharyWhitley> sandro: use all tools that we can get working. High res optimal but do what we can
14:38:04 <George> action: george to work on co-location tools and logistics
14:38:04 <trackbot> Created ACTION-15 - Work on co-location tools and logistics [on George Thomas - due 2011-11-10].
14:40:05 <olyerickson> +1 to "full week..."
14:40:15 <ZacharyWhitley> TOPIC: Updates on W3C TPAC
14:40:36 <sandro> http://www.w3.org/egov/wiki/F2F4
14:41:14 <ZacharyWhitley> sandro: broad ranging discussion on gov data issues
14:41:39 <ZacharyWhitley> sandro: presentation of directory by bhyland
14:42:02 <olyerickson> take me off mute
14:42:17 <sandro> zakim, unmute olyerickson 
14:42:17 <Zakim> olyerickson should no longer be muted
14:42:19 <HadleyBeeman> HadleyBeeman has joined #gld
14:43:46 <George> q?
14:44:33 <ZacharyWhitley> olyerickson: gld needs to buckle down on specific vocabulary recommendations
14:45:51 <HadleyBeeman> Philarcher1 is working on http://SEMIC.EU/ is about core vocabularies for eGov data exchange, and Asset Description metadata System (ADMS).
14:46:06 <HadleyBeeman> q+
14:46:17 <DanG> The documents I promised to give to the group from US OGV  is the first start here.
14:47:03 <ZacharyWhitley> olyerickson: group is well received by related int/work groups
14:47:15 <martin> martin has joined #gld
14:47:39 <cygri> zakim, who is noisy?
14:47:39 <sandro> zakim, who is talking?
14:47:41 <HadleyBeeman> Sorry, all— I'm having significant connection problems
14:47:49 <Zakim> cygri, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Sandro (53%), olyerickson (61%)
14:47:55 <cygri> zakim, mute olyerickson 
14:47:55 <Zakim> olyerickson should now be muted
14:48:00 <Zakim> sandro, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Sandro (48%), olyerickson (50%)
14:48:12 <druidsmith_> perfect
14:48:47 <olyerickson> +1 to "modularity" (this was TBL's big point in his plenary cosing keynote)
14:49:05 <ZacharyWhitley> HadleyBeeman: feedback from related groups is that biggest contribution gld can make is to make an interoperable vocab 
14:50:01 <olyerickson> HadleyBeeman: can you speak to the "indirection" point? 
14:50:15 <olyerickson> q+
14:51:10 <sandro> ack HadleyBeeman 
14:51:18 <olyerickson> HadleyBeeman: It was TBL's point...and came up in #opendata (gregg kellogg)
14:51:23 <George> ack HadleyBeeman
14:51:42 <olyerickson> ;)
14:51:52 <olyerickson> take me off mute
14:52:02 <Zakim> +??P33
14:52:03 <George> zakim, unmute olyerickson
14:52:03 <Zakim> olyerickson should no longer be muted
14:52:04 <olyerickson> hello
14:52:08 <HadleyBeeman> zakim, unmute olyerickson
14:52:08 <Zakim> olyerickson was not muted, HadleyBeeman
14:52:25 <martin> zakim, ??p33 is me
14:52:25 <Zakim> +martin; got it
14:53:00 <ZacharyWhitley> olyerickson: modularity of vocab and interoperability
14:53:32 <ZacharyWhitley> olyerickson: adopting a vocabulary should be easy
14:54:03 <ZacharyWhitley> olerickson: (paraphrasing Gregg Kellogg)
14:54:43 <olyerickson> not just reuse, but how to make it easy 
14:54:51 <cygri> zakim, mote olyerickson 
14:54:51 <Zakim> I don't understand 'mote olyerickson', cygri
14:54:55 <olyerickson> ;)
14:54:59 <cygri> zakim, mute olyerickson 
14:54:59 <Zakim> olyerickson should now be muted
# SPECIAL MARKER FOR CHATSYNC.  DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE OR BELOW.  SRCLINESUSED=00000197