From Government Linked Data (GLD) Working Group Wiki
Revision as of 15:01, 13 October 2011 by Commonscribe
Please justify/explain all edits to this page, in your "edit summary" text.
13:54:52 <RRSAgent> RRSAgent has joined #gld 13:54:52 <RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/10/13-gld-irc 13:55:10 <cgueret_work> cgueret_work has joined #gld 13:55:14 <TinaGheen> Meeting: Government Linked Data Working Group Teleconference 13:55:37 <TinaGheen> trackbot-ng, start telcon 13:55:39 <trackbot> RRSAgent, make logs world 13:55:41 <trackbot> Zakim, this will be EGOV_GLD 13:55:42 <Zakim> I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled within the next hour, trackbot 13:55:42 <trackbot> Meeting: Government Linked Data Working Group Teleconference 13:55:42 <trackbot> Date: 13 October 2011 13:55:56 <cgueret_work> hi there 13:56:08 <TinaGheen> Zakim, This is T&S_GLDWG() 13:56:08 <Zakim> ok, TinaGheen; that matches T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM 13:56:24 <George> zakim, who is present? 13:56:24 <Zakim> I don't understand your question, George. 13:56:33 <TinaGheen> Chair: George 13:56:36 <bhyland> bhyland has joined #gld 13:56:43 <TinaGheen> Scribe: TinaGheen 13:56:50 <Zakim> +bhyland 13:56:51 <George> Zakim, who is here? 13:56:51 <Zakim> On the phone I see George, +1.703.292.aaaa, +1.757.604.aabb, ??P14, bhyland 13:56:53 <Zakim> On IRC I see bhyland, cgueret_work, RRSAgent, Zakim, martinAlvarez, Gerald_, George, TinaGheen, MacTed, cygri, trackbot, sandro 13:56:56 <TinaGheen> Agenda: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon2011.10.13 13:57:09 <Gerald_> 757 is me 13:57:23 <Zakim> +??P21 13:57:26 <Zakim> +[IPcaller] 13:57:30 <TinaGheen> Zakim, aaaa is me 13:57:30 <Zakim> +TinaGheen; got it 13:57:53 <BenediktKaempgen> BenediktKaempgen has joined #gld 13:58:07 <Gerald_> aabb is me 13:58:18 <BenediktKaempgen> Hi. Benedikt Kaempgen is connected through Skype and cannot tell Zakim who he is. 13:58:22 <Gerald_> zakim, aabb is me 13:58:23 <Zakim> +Gerald_; got it 13:59:02 <olyerickson> olyerickson has joined #gld 13:59:12 <olyerickson> i'm here 14:00:15 <PhilA2> PhilA2 has joined #gld 14:00:18 <olyerickson> zakim, who is on the phone? 14:00:18 <Zakim> On the phone I see George, TinaGheen, Gerald_, ??P14, bhyland, ??P21, [IPcaller] 14:00:31 <boris> boris has joined #gld 14:00:35 <boris> zakim, code? 14:00:35 <Zakim> the conference code is 45394 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 sip:firstname.lastname@example.org), boris 14:00:44 <olyerickson> zakim, ??P21 is olyerickson 14:00:45 <Zakim> +olyerickson; got it 14:01:11 <TinaGheen> Topic: Agenda from last week 14:01:24 <Zakim> +boris 14:01:26 <Zakim> + +1.202.566.aacc 14:01:27 <TinaGheen> George: Minutes from last week were generated 14:01:27 <Mike> Mike has joined #gld 14:01:38 <Zakim> +[IPcaller.a] 14:02:06 <Zakim> +Cory 14:02:08 <Zakim> +??P45 14:02:14 <bhyland> Go to http://www.w3.org/2009/CommonScribe/panel/?group=gld&go=Use+This+Group 14:02:26 <PhilA2> zakim, ??P45 is me 14:02:28 <martinAlvarez> zakim, ??P45 is me 14:02:31 <Zakim> +PhilA2; got it 14:02:33 <Zakim> I already had ??P45 as PhilA2, martinAlvarez 14:02:33 <martinAlvarez> :-) 14:02:45 <PhilA2> zakim, ??P45 is martinAlvarez 14:02:46 <Zakim> I already had ??P45 as PhilA2, PhilA2 14:02:47 <olyerickson> I thought I did tooo 14:03:06 <Zakim> -[IPcaller.a] 14:03:27 <olyerickson> zakim, I am ??P14 14:03:30 <Zakim> +olyerickson; got it 14:03:34 <Biplav> Biplav has joined #gld 14:03:34 <TinaGheen> George: minutes are uploaded 14:03:40 <Zakim> +??P43 14:03:50 <PhilA2> zakim, ??P43 is me 14:03:50 <Zakim> +PhilA2; got it 14:03:53 <luisBermudez> luisBermudez has joined #gld 14:03:54 <olyerickson> zakim, ??P14 is olyerickson 14:03:54 <Zakim> I already had ??P14 as olyerickson.a, olyerickson 14:04:08 <PhilA2> zakim, who is here? 14:04:08 <Zakim> On the phone I see George, TinaGheen, Gerald_, olyerickson.a, bhyland, olyerickson, [IPcaller], boris, +1.202.566.aacc, Cory, PhilA2, PhilA2.a 14:04:09 <TinaGheen> PROPOSAL: Accept minutes of last meeting 14:04:11 <Zakim> On IRC I see luisBermudez, Biplav, Mike, boris, PhilA2, olyerickson, BenediktKaempgen, bhyland, cgueret_work, RRSAgent, Zakim, martinAlvarez, Gerald_, George, TinaGheen, MacTed, 14:04:14 <BenediktKaempgen> +1 14:04:15 <Zakim> ... cygri, trackbot, sandro 14:04:18 <cgueret_work> +1 14:04:22 <boris> +1 14:04:23 <olyerickson> +1 to minutes 14:04:31 <TinaGheen> RESOLUTION: Minutes of last meeting accepted 14:04:33 <martinAlvarez> +1 14:04:34 <Zakim> + +1.267.481.aadd 14:04:36 <Zakim> +[IPcaller.a] 14:04:44 <Cory-c_> Cory-c_ has joined #GLD 14:05:02 <TinaGheen> Topic: New Members this week? 14:05:04 <George> q? 14:05:13 <bhyland> zakim, who is speaking 14:05:13 <Zakim> I don't understand 'who is speaking', bhyland 14:05:13 <olyerickson> Thx @bhyland for solving the minutes problem! 14:05:24 <bhyland> zakim, who is speaking now 14:05:24 <Zakim> I don't understand 'who is speaking now', bhyland 14:05:42 <PhilA2> zakim, who is making noise? 14:05:45 <TinaGheen> Topic: Vocabulary Summary 14:05:54 <Zakim> PhilA2, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: George (74%), bhyland (5%), Cory (5%), [IPcaller.a] (5%) 14:06:12 <TinaGheen> George: discussed how GLD can use others work for best practices (DDI folks) 14:06:25 <TinaGheen> ... outlined 5 areas of standard vocab deliverables 14:06:27 <stasinos> stasinos has joined #gld 14:06:34 <TinaGheen> ... any comments? 14:07:00 <TinaGheen> ... any updates on Actions? 14:07:01 <bhyland> q+ 14:07:01 <cgueret_work> Action 10 can be closed 14:07:01 <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - 10 14:07:13 <cgueret_work> don't know how to do it :) 14:07:17 <olyerickson> RE olyerickson's Actions --- nothing to report 14:07:35 <cgueret_work> q+ 14:07:40 <TinaGheen> bhyland: updating cookbook 14:07:47 <rreck> rreck has joined #gld 14:07:51 <TinaGheen> ... encourages people to start looking at it 14:07:56 <bhyland> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Linked_Data_Cookbook 14:08:01 <Zakim> +??P60 14:08:13 <TinaGheen> ... have 300 accesses 14:08:14 <stasinos> zakim, ??P60 is stasinos 14:08:14 <Zakim> +stasinos; got it 14:08:23 <martinAlvarez> zakim, who is in PhilA2? 14:08:23 <Zakim> PhilA2 has only PhilA2 14:08:40 <martinAlvarez> zakim, martin is in PhilA2 14:08:40 <Zakim> +martin; got it 14:08:47 <TinaGheen> ... is a bit different in style than many W3 recommendations since it is a website with pragmatic advice 14:09:01 <TinaGheen> ... borrowed language off mobile web best practices 14:09:08 <bhyland> STyled after the Mobile Web App Best Practices http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Linked_Data_Cookbook 14:09:09 <Zakim> +[IPcaller.aa] 14:09:29 <rreck> zakim, IPcaller.aa is me 14:09:29 <Zakim> +rreck; got it 14:09:34 <PhilA2> Mobile Web BP is at http://www.w3.org/TR/mobile-bp/ for reference 14:09:34 <rreck> zakim, mute me 14:09:34 <Zakim> rreck should now be muted 14:09:40 <George> q? 14:09:40 <TinaGheen> ... please review and comment on it 14:09:55 <PhilA2> ack by 14:10:02 <PhilA2> ack bhyl 14:10:26 <PhilA2> ack cg 14:10:36 <TinaGheen> close action-10 14:10:37 <trackbot> ACTION-10 Talk with Paul about provenance closed 14:11:12 <olyerickson> @bhyland: one way to add comments in wikis is to add in alternate colors (e.g. RED etc) 14:11:32 <TinaGheen> Topic: Vocabulary discussion with Phil Archer from W3 eGov on SEMIC.EU 14:11:47 <TinaGheen> PhilA2: hello everyone 14:12:01 <TinaGheen> ... been around W3C for many years 14:12:05 <olyerickson> @bhyland: for extended comments, adding text in e.g. a box is useful 14:12:10 <TinaGheen> ... work on eGov currently 14:12:19 <TinaGheen> ... and European Commission 14:12:37 <TinaGheen> ... speak to this group as a whole today 14:12:48 <TinaGheen> ... WG member in the future 14:12:51 <PhilA2> http://www.semic.eu/semic/ 14:13:26 <TinaGheen> ... Bacilio at DERI has taken over SEMIC 14:13:35 <TinaGheen> ... work on core vocabs 14:13:42 <stasinos> Vasilios Peristeras 14:14:22 <stasinos> you're welcome 14:14:28 <PhilA2> http://www.semic.eu/semic/view/snav/network/Communities/ADMS.xhtml 14:14:29 <TinaGheen> PhilA2: practical point is I can help out with vocab develop with GLD 14:14:39 <martinAlvarez> s/Bacilio/Vasilios Peristeras 14:14:45 <George> Phil to work with GLD and liaise with SEMIC ! Great! 14:14:50 <TinaGheen> ... ADMS Effort Description metadata schema 14:14:56 <bhyland> zakim, who is making noise? 14:15:06 <Zakim> bhyland, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: 16 (32%), bhyland (4%), [IPcaller.a] (20%) 14:15:06 <TinaGheen> ... all part of the same project 14:15:29 <bhyland> zakim, who is on the call? 14:15:29 <Zakim> On the phone I see George, TinaGheen, Gerald_, olyerickson.a, bhyland, olyerickson, [IPcaller], boris, +1.202.566.aacc, Cory, PhilA2, PhilA2.a, +1.267.481.aadd, [IPcaller.a], 14:15:33 <Zakim> ... stasinos, rreck (muted) 14:15:33 <Zakim> PhilA2 has martin 14:15:36 <TinaGheen> ... my task is to write a doc that explains how to find vocab, set up working group 14:16:02 <TinaGheen> ... difference from GLD is in the final stage 14:16:25 <TinaGheen> ... in European context, reps of european union will be endorsing 14:16:43 <TinaGheen> ... member states of European Union will endorse the core vocab 14:16:59 <TinaGheen> ... data will be exchanged between states, these are the terms you should use 14:17:06 <TinaGheen> ... does not mean they are defining new terms 14:17:10 <Gerald_> Mute is 41# correct? 14:17:22 <PhilA2> http://www.semic.eu/semic/view/snav/Conformance.xhtml 14:17:26 <TinaGheen> ... must work on defining core person vocab 14:17:42 <TinaGheen> .... timeline - must be done by Jan 14:18:07 <TinaGheen> ... so help is available to GLD in this respect 14:18:30 <TinaGheen> PhilA2: also have 2 other vocabs to work on 14:18:46 <TinaGheen> ... his WG must decide which two they will work on 14:19:03 <TinaGheen> ... businesses? relationships b/w people? defining a piece of land? 14:19:35 <TinaGheen> ... immediate problem is identifying WG members w/o knowing which vocabs will be developed 14:19:51 <TinaGheen> ... EC is paying them to develop 3 vocabs 14:20:07 <TinaGheen> ... one will describe people, 2 more are unidentified areas at this time 14:20:22 <TinaGheen> ... hope to work with GLD, two way street 14:20:59 <George> q? 14:21:02 <cgueret_work> +q 14:21:29 <olyerickson> Q: Given that much of the LD vocab prior art concerns describing people, wondering what the work of this new group will contribute? 14:21:37 <TinaGheen> cgueret_work: you will redefine or reuse vocabularies? 14:21:42 <George> ack cgueret_work 14:21:43 <stasinos> q+ 14:21:46 <TinaGheen> PhilA2: not redefining 14:21:49 <TinaGheen> ... reusing 14:21:55 <olyerickson> +1 to not re-inventing FOAF 14:22:04 <cgueret_work> +1 too :) 14:22:28 <TinaGheen> ?: do you have cadidates for vocabularies you will be using 14:23:05 <TinaGheen> PhilA2: accounts and payments, buildings, energy usage, health care inst, educational inst, contracts, procurement, transport infrastructure, vehicles 14:23:41 <bhyland> q+ 14:23:49 <TinaGheen> PhilA2: hopes EC will say use ontologies everyone else has done 14:23:57 <George> ack stasinos 14:24:02 <TinaGheen> PhilA2: lots of good work already there 14:24:10 <TinaGheen> ... does not need to be reinvented 14:24:27 <TinaGheen> bhyland: what is the timing on outcomes and deliverables 14:24:27 <Zakim> +[IBM] 14:24:27 <George> ack bhyland 14:24:55 <TinaGheen> PhilA2: list of possible candidates to do? in an advanced draft stage. Sign off by commission possibly next week 14:25:27 <TinaGheen> bhyland: how do we set up a members only list? 14:25:48 <PhilA2> action PhilA2 to request member-only list 14:25:48 <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - PhilA2 14:26:05 <PhilA2> action Phil Archer to request member-only list 14:26:06 <trackbot> Created ACTION-12 - Archer to request member-only list [on Phil Archer - due 2011-10-20]. 14:26:30 <bhyland> @PhilA2, will the list of vocab candidates be something we could fold into this? see http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Linked_Data_Cookbook#Re-use_Vocabularies_Whenever_Possible 14:27:04 <TinaGheen> PhilA2: cautions against using member list too often 14:27:16 <TinaGheen> ... keep things public as much as possible 14:27:47 <George> @PhilA2 - and those under consideration for GLD Deliverable 2.3 14:27:50 <TinaGheen> bhyland: want to keep as many people involved as possible, more vibrant dialogue 14:28:52 <olyerickson> +1 to opening up W3G LGD WG discussions; we need more discussions on the list! 14:28:58 <TinaGheen> PhilA2: terms are context neutral, cross domain 14:29:21 <TinaGheen> ... do not want to do into great detail for every aspect of gov 14:29:26 <George> 'core' vocab terms 14:29:32 <George> q? 14:30:08 <TinaGheen> PhilA2: I need to set up a WG soon. Who would you invite? 14:30:26 <TinaGheen> ... would like to complement GLD, not duplicate 14:30:46 <TinaGheen> ... first decision will be which core vocabs will they work on 14:30:54 <TinaGheen> ... invitations will be coming 14:31:05 <George> q+ 14:31:05 <TinaGheen> ... want to make sure the invitations go to the right people 14:31:31 <PhilA2> ack ge 14:31:34 <TinaGheen> George: please elaborate on relationship b/w SEMIC and W3C 14:31:49 <cgueret_work> +q 14:31:55 <olyerickson> Hmmmmm 14:32:10 <George> q? 14:32:34 <PhilA2> ack cg 14:32:44 <TinaGheen> cgueret_work: do you have plans to collaborate with schema.org 14:33:09 <TinaGheen> PhilA2: don't have definite plans but are aware effect schema.org is having 14:34:04 <TinaGheen> cgueret_work: can be potential members of your WG 14:34:35 <George> q? 14:34:57 <Zakim> -[IBM] 14:35:16 <cgueret_work> @olyerickson yep, close enough :) 14:35:36 <olyerickson> ;) 14:36:13 <Gerald_> nicks I believe 14:37:15 <TinaGheen> George: is there some sort of mandate for using terms or is it recommendations? 14:37:38 <bhyland> q+ 14:37:46 <TinaGheen> PhilA2: not legally binding, but this is the way you are meant to do it 14:38:12 <TinaGheen> George: budgets will not be tied to compliance? 14:38:28 <olyerickson> @PhilA2, looking forward to meeting you at TPAC 14:38:29 <TinaGheen> PhilA2: no 14:38:49 <TinaGheen> PhilA2: orgs will get more value from using the terms - that is the benefit 14:39:19 <olyerickson> "Voluntary Consensus Standards..." 14:39:25 <George> q? 14:39:28 <TinaGheen> PhilA2: voluntary consensus is correct 14:39:30 <George> ack bhyland 14:40:05 <TinaGheen> bhyland: let's talk about how this became so important in EU 14:40:44 <TinaGheen> PhilA2: Political transparency was important 14:41:00 <TinaGheen> PhilA2: in Britain 14:41:56 <cgueret_work> +1 for pub questions :) 14:42:20 <George> +1 pub questions - and forgotten answers :) 14:42:30 <TinaGheen> bhyland: real projects going on in US, but budgeting for egov initiatives is a problem 14:43:19 <TinaGheen> PhilA2: City of Manchester has seen real financial savings because data is published and they know where to find it 14:43:39 <olyerickson> q+ 14:43:39 <cgueret_work> +q 14:45:01 <olyerickson> Zakim, that was me talkin' 14:45:01 <Zakim> I don't understand 'that was me talkin'', olyerickson 14:45:15 <PhilA2> ack ol 14:45:15 <TinaGheen> olyerickson: evangelists on outside must meet with those inside to make decisions happen 14:45:22 <George> ack olyerickson.a 14:45:28 <cgueret_work> http://research.yahoo.com/Peter_Mika 14:45:32 <bhyland> Peter Mika 14:45:32 <George> ack cgueret_work 14:45:58 <TinaGheen> George; Thank you, Phil 14:46:14 <olyerickson> -1 to comments 14:46:35 <bhyland> @PhilA2, thanks, very interesting & highly relevant. I hope this can be a fruitful liaison between EU and other countries. 14:47:06 <TinaGheen> Topic: Facebook Open Graph Schemas 14:47:48 <TinaGheen> George: does anyone have any thoughts on list message from Jesse Weaver @ RPI 14:47:49 <bhyland> agenda+ Community Directory entries due by 17-Oct please! 14:48:16 <TinaGheen> George: is there more interest? 14:48:55 <TinaGheen> bhyland: have Sandro report on schema.org meeting in CA 14:49:31 <TinaGheen> Topic: Community Directory 14:49:35 <PhilA2> Just to note that Ivan Herman posted a summary of the schema.org event at http://www.w3.org/QA/2011/09/impressions_on_the_schemaorg_w.html 14:49:52 <TinaGheen> bhyland: have gone through start up phase 14:50:04 <TinaGheen> bhyland: Comm Dir can help all of us 14:50:26 <TinaGheen> ... can show what is in production 14:51:20 <PhilA2> :-) 14:51:21 <cgueret_work> :) 14:51:23 <olyerickson> doh! 14:51:52 <TinaGheen> bhyland: please access directory, let me know if there are issues 14:52:43 <TinaGheen> ... would like to take screenshot of statistics that show worldwide distribution 14:53:09 <TinaGheen> ... would like to show in Warsaw 14:53:19 <cgueret_work> deadline to put info there? 14:53:51 <TinaGheen> bhyland: all data will be available in RDF 14:54:17 <TinaGheen> ... please submit info by Tuesday 14:54:20 <PhilA2> q+ 14:54:35 <George> ack PhilA2 14:54:49 <George> ack PhilA 14:55:29 <TinaGheen> Topic: Announcements 14:55:40 <TinaGheen> George: any other announcements or agenda items? 14:55:49 <cgueret_work> q+ 14:56:10 <olyerickson> -1 to additional agenda items at this time... 14:56:25 <olyerickson> +1 to great scribing 14:56:31 <bhyland> @TinaGheen, thank you, great job scribing :-) 14:57:00 <PhilA2> rrsagent, make logs public 14:58:07 <TinaGheen> George: meeting adjourned 14:58:24 <cgueret_work> bye bye 14:58:28 <Zakim> -Cory 14:58:29 <BenediktKaempgen> bye 14:58:37 <Zakim> -PhilA2 14:58:38 <Zakim> -boris 14:58:38 <Zakim> -bhyland 14:58:39 <Zakim> -[IPcaller] 14:58:39 <Zakim> - +1.202.566.aacc 14:58:41 <Zakim> -olyerickson 14:58:41 <Gerald_> I'll lurk to see the ending. 14:58:49 <martinAlvarez> martinAlvarez has left #gld 14:58:51 <Zakim> -[IPcaller.a] 14:58:52 <Zakim> -stasinos 14:59:18 <TinaGheen> RRSAgent, generate minutes 14:59:18 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/10/13-gld-minutes.html TinaGheen # SPECIAL MARKER FOR CHATSYNC. DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE OR BELOW. SRCLINESUSED=00000310