From Government Linked Data (GLD) Working Group Wiki
Revision as of 14:02, 13 October 2011 by Commonscribe
Please justify/explain all edits to this page, in your "edit summary" text.
13:28:53 <RRSAgent> RRSAgent has joined #gld 13:28:53 <RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/10/06-gld-irc 13:28:55 <trackbot> RRSAgent, make logs world 13:28:55 <Zakim> Zakim has joined #gld 13:28:57 <trackbot> Zakim, this will be EGOV_GLD 13:28:57 <Zakim> I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled within the next hour, trackbot 13:28:58 <trackbot> Meeting: Government Linked Data Working Group Teleconference 13:28:58 <trackbot> Date: 06 October 2011 13:29:25 <olyerickson> scribe: olyerickson 13:29:43 <olyerickson> chair: george 13:29:59 <olyerickson> agenda: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon2011.10.06 13:30:50 <olyerickson> TOPIC: Pre-meeting chat... 13:33:31 <olyerickson> Zakim, what's the code? 13:33:31 <Zakim> sorry, olyerickson, I don't know what conference this is 13:34:16 <olyerickson> zakim, this is GLDWG 13:34:16 <Zakim> olyerickson, I see T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM in the schedule but not yet started. Perhaps you mean "this will be GLDWG". 13:35:08 <olyerickson> Zakim, this will be GLDWG 13:35:08 <Zakim> ok, olyerickson; I see T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM scheduled to start in 25 minutes 13:35:23 <olyerickson> Zakim, thank you 13:35:23 <Zakim> you are very welcome, olyerickson 13:35:52 <olyerickson> Zakim, do you have any easter eggs? 13:35:52 <Zakim> I don't understand your question, olyerickson. 13:36:02 <olyerickson> Zakim, I'm sorry 13:36:02 <Zakim> I don't understand 'I'm sorry', olyerickson 13:51:06 <olyerickson> Zakim, who is here? 13:51:06 <Zakim> T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM has not yet started, olyerickson 13:51:08 <Zakim> On IRC I see RRSAgent, olyerickson, MacTed, csarven, cygri, bhyland, danbri, trackbot, sandro 13:53:39 <HadleyBeeman> HadleyBeeman has joined #gld 13:55:58 <Zakim> T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM has now started 13:55:59 <Zakim> +??P3 13:56:16 <Zakim> +George_Thomas 13:56:17 <Zakim> -George_Thomas 13:56:17 <Zakim> +George_Thomas 13:56:54 <olyerickson> i'll dial in arrgghhhh 13:57:01 <bkaempgen> bkaempgen has joined #gld 13:57:19 <George> George has joined #gld 13:57:26 <stasinos> stasinos has joined #gld 13:58:09 <ZacharyWhitley> ZacharyWhitley has joined #gld 13:58:21 <Zakim> + +1.802.649.aaaa 13:58:33 <BartvanLeeuwen> BartvanLeeuwen has joined #gld 13:58:35 <olyerickson> zakim, +1.802.649.aaaa is olyerickson 13:58:35 <Zakim> + +49.721.aabb 13:58:35 <Zakim> +olyerickson; got it 13:58:41 <MikePendleton> MikePendleton has joined #gld 13:58:41 <Zakim> + +1.240.228.aacc 13:58:50 <boris> boris has joined #gld 13:58:55 <bkaempgen> zakim, who's here? 13:58:56 <Zakim> On the phone I see ??P3, George_Thomas, olyerickson, +49.721.aabb, +1.240.228.aacc 13:58:58 <Zakim> On IRC I see boris, MikePendleton, BartvanLeeuwen, ZacharyWhitley, stasinos, George, bkaempgen, HadleyBeeman, Zakim, RRSAgent, olyerickson, MacTed, cygri, bhyland, danbri, 13:59:03 <Zakim> ... trackbot, sandro 13:59:07 <Zakim> +davidwood 13:59:21 <Zakim> +Sandro 13:59:21 <sandro> RRSAgent, pointer? 13:59:21 <RRSAgent> See http://www.w3.org/2011/10/06-gld-irc#T13-59-21-1 13:59:28 <bhyland> zakim, davidwood is me 13:59:29 <Zakim> +boris 13:59:35 <Zakim> +bhyland; got it 13:59:35 <bkaempgen> zakim, aabb is bkaempgen 13:59:41 <Zakim> +bkaempgen; got it 13:59:41 <ZacharyWhitley> zakim, aacc is me 13:59:45 <Zakim> +??P17 13:59:51 <Zakim> +ZacharyWhitley; got it 13:59:52 <bhyland> zakim, who is speaking? 14:00:05 <stasinos> Zakim, P17 is stasinos 14:00:15 <Zakim> bhyland, listening for 10 seconds I could not identify any sounds 14:00:19 <Zakim> sorry, stasinos, I do not recognize a party named 'P17' 14:00:22 <sandro> sandro has changed the topic to: Government Linked Data (GLD) WG -- http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/ -- Agenda: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon2011.10.06 14:00:27 <stasinos> zakim, ??P17 is stasinos 14:00:36 <Zakim> +stasinos; got it 14:00:37 <Zakim> + +1.202.566.aadd 14:00:39 <Zakim> +??P19 14:00:50 <BartvanLeeuwen> Zakim, ??p19 is me 14:00:51 <Zakim> +BartvanLeeuwen; got it 14:01:01 <cygri_> cygri_ has joined #gld 14:01:22 <Yigal> Yigal has joined #gld 14:01:23 <Zakim> + +91.80.49.06.aaee 14:01:32 <Zakim> + +44.776.871.aaff 14:01:35 <MikePendleton> zakim, qw3 is me 14:01:35 <Zakim> sorry, MikePendleton, I do not recognize a party named 'qw3' 14:01:48 <Zakim> + +1.757.604.aagg 14:01:52 <George> George has joined #gld 14:01:52 <HadleyBeeman> zakim, aaff is me 14:01:52 <Zakim> +HadleyBeeman; got it 14:01:55 <HadleyBeeman> zakim, mute me 14:01:55 <Zakim> HadleyBeeman should now be muted 14:02:05 <Zakim> + +1.703.362.aahh 14:02:28 <olyerickson> TOPIC: Chair ha started the meeting 14:02:59 <olyerickson> TOPIC: New Members Introduction 14:03:04 <GeraldSteeman> GeraldSteeman has joined #gld 14:03:04 <bhyland> For new participants, welcome. Please see http://www.w3.org/2000/09/dbwg/details?group=47663 to connect names, faces and affiliations. 14:03:12 <stasinos> q+ 14:03:21 <olyerickson> ?? from IBM Research (India) 14:03:40 <bhyland> That is Biplav Srivastava, IBM Corp. 14:04:05 <gatemezi> gatemezi has joined #gld 14:04:18 <Zakim> + +1.323.683.aaii 14:04:19 <stasinos> Stasinos Konstantopoulos 14:04:24 <stasinos> NCSR "Demokritos" 14:04:33 <Zakim> +cygri_ 14:04:35 <gatemezi> hi all 14:04:37 <Yigal> zakim, +1.323.6833.aaii is me 14:04:37 <Zakim> sorry, Yigal, I do not recognize a party named '+1.323.6833.aaii' 14:04:40 <HadleyBeeman> zakim, who's talking? 14:04:46 <cygri> zakim, cygri_ is me 14:04:46 <Zakim> +cygri; got it 14:04:47 <George> q? 14:04:51 <Zakim> HadleyBeeman, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: 17 (20%), +1.757.604.aagg (28%), George_Thomas (34%), boris (3%) 14:04:52 <gatemezi> Zakim, who is here? 14:04:53 <Zakim> On the phone I see ??P3, George_Thomas, olyerickson, bkaempgen, ZacharyWhitley, bhyland, Sandro, boris, stasinos, +1.202.566.aadd, BartvanLeeuwen, +91.80.49.06.aaee, HadleyBeeman 14:04:58 <Zakim> ... (muted), +1.757.604.aagg, +1.703.362.aahh, +1.323.683.aaii, cygri 14:05:02 <Zakim> On IRC I see gatemezi, GeraldSteeman, George, Yigal, cygri, boris, MikePendleton, BartvanLeeuwen, ZacharyWhitley, stasinos, bkaempgen, HadleyBeeman, Zakim, RRSAgent, olyerickson, 14:05:04 <Zakim> ... MacTed, bhyland, danbri, trackbot, sandro 14:05:11 <olyerickson> stasinos -> background in formal semantics 14:05:26 <bhyland> I encourage all new participants to update the Participants page so we correctly reflect your name in the minutes :-) http://www.w3.org/2000/09/dbwg/details?group=47663 14:06:02 <olyerickson> Note to all members: please update your W3C profile photos for upcoming f2f meetings 14:06:14 <Zakim> +??P53 14:06:14 <olyerickson> TOPIC: Review of 9-29-2011 minutes 14:06:19 <Zakim> - +1.703.362.aahh 14:06:22 <George> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2011-09-29 14:06:33 <Zakim> + +1.703.362.aajj 14:06:36 <stasinos> +1 14:06:43 <olyerickson> Proposed: Accept mintes 14:06:46 <bhyland> If for any reason you aren't on the page (which is updated by W3C staff), please email GLD Chairs <firstname.lastname@example.org> which reaches Sandro Hawke (W3C), George and me (the co-chairs). TIA. 14:06:55 <Yigal> +1 14:06:58 <olyerickson> +1 14:07:06 <Zakim> +??P55 14:07:15 <gatemezi> +1 14:07:18 <olyerickson> Accept Minutes (no objections) 14:07:37 <Yigal> zakim, aaii is me 14:07:37 <Zakim> +Yigal; got it 14:07:41 <olyerickson> TOPIC: Review of Charter Deliverables 14:07:55 <olyerickson> SUBTOPIC: Community Directory (bhyland) 14:07:55 <annew> annew has joined #gld 14:08:27 <Zakim> - +1.703.362.aajj 14:08:32 <olyerickson> * w3c membership not required to add info 14:08:38 <Biplav> Biplav has joined #gld 14:08:42 <olyerickson> * commDir app in "beta" 14:08:52 <HadleyBeeman> zakin, who is talking? 14:08:54 <George_> George_ has joined #GLD 14:09:01 <John> John has joined #gld 14:09:08 <olyerickson> * login req'd; contact 3roundstones via link to get access 14:09:13 <bhyland> directory.3roundstones.net 14:09:36 <George_> q? 14:09:43 <olyerickson> * contact bhyland if clarification of interface req'd 14:09:43 <George_> ack stasinos 14:09:49 <Zakim> + +1.703.362.aakk 14:10:02 <sandro> q+ 14:10:06 <olyerickson> * please use it and provide feedback 14:10:23 <olyerickson> * release of this beta marks delivery of 1st deliverable 14:10:29 <sandro> q? 14:10:59 <BartvanLeeuwen> +1 14:11:17 <Zakim> - +1.703.362.aakk 14:11:21 <olyerickson> * sandro suggests, opening it up to everyone in group. +1 from bhyland 14:12:03 <olyerickson> * gt: effort to 'converge' eGov and GLD effort 14:12:09 <bhyland> The only organizations who *have* added their info are: DERI, Mondeca, OEG, Ontotext, TopQuadrant, US EPA and US HHS … there are about 34 more organizations in this working group. I'll send login details to members by the end of the week per Sandro's suggestion. 14:12:48 <bhyland> Make that 31 other orgs in the WG. 14:13:20 <olyerickson> SUBTOPIC: Best Practices Discussion 14:13:50 <olyerickson> bhyland: lots of people, Michael has been busy (RD2RDF) 14:13:54 <olyerickson> q+ 14:14:22 <olyerickson> bhyland has action item to talk to john goodwin 14:14:35 <olyerickson> SUBTOPIC: Tracker's items 14:14:46 <olyerickson> Action 10 14:14:46 <trackbot> Sorry, bad ACTION syntax 14:14:46 <sandro> action-10? 14:14:46 <trackbot> ACTION-10 -- Christophe Gueret to talk with Paul about provenance -- due 2011-09-29 -- OPEN 14:14:46 <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/actions/10 14:15:08 <olyerickson> Action-9? 14:15:08 <trackbot> ACTION-9 -- John Erickson to plug in "seed" content re: pragmatic provenance into the Best Practices wiki -- due 2011-09-29 -- OPEN 14:15:08 <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/actions/9 14:15:55 <bhyland> Correction: Michael Hausenblas has been busy on R2RML and Direct Mapping which published as Last Call, http://www.w3.org/blog/SW/2011/09/20/last-call-r2rml-and-a-direct-mapping-of-relational-data-to-rdf/ 14:15:55 <bhyland> Congrats to Michael for that work … so he got a "pass" on GLD WG Best Practices work (so what is my excuse?!) 14:16:03 <olyerickson> olyerickson has not done anything on Action-9 14:16:26 <MacTed> MacTed has joined #gld 14:16:51 <olyerickson> George's Action... 14:17:03 <George_> q? 14:17:04 <olyerickson> TOPIC: Charter Item 2.3 (George) 14:17:07 <olyerickson> q- 14:17:13 <George_> ack sandro 14:17:13 <sandro> q- 14:17:30 <bhyland> Subtopic: Community Directory, main page is here, http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Community_Directory_Discussion_Summary 14:18:03 <olyerickson> TOPIC: Standard Vocabulary Discussion 14:18:08 <bhyland> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Vocabulary_Discussion_Summary 14:18:26 <bhyland> zakim, who is on call? 14:18:26 <Zakim> I don't understand your question, bhyland. 14:18:37 <Zakim> + +1.703.362.aall 14:18:41 <olyerickson> zakim, who is on THE call? 14:18:41 <Zakim> On the phone I see ??P3, George_Thomas, olyerickson, bkaempgen, ZacharyWhitley, bhyland, Sandro, boris, stasinos, +1.202.566.aadd, BartvanLeeuwen, +91.80.49.06.aaee, HadleyBeeman 14:18:44 <Zakim> ... (muted), +1.757.604.aagg, Yigal, cygri, ??P53, ??P55, +1.703.362.aall 14:18:49 <cgueret_home> cgueret_home has joined #gld 14:18:52 <cgueret_home> hi 14:19:12 <olyerickson> cygri: skos extensions and DDI (??) discussion 14:19:18 <George_> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/ISO_Extensions_to_SKOS 14:19:35 <olyerickson> * DDI -> std used in social sciences etc for data collection 14:19:51 <olyerickson> * how to represent classfications systems in RDF 14:20:16 <olyerickson> * some concerns re: expressivity of SKOS 14:20:44 <ZacharyWhitley> DDI = Data Documentation Initiative 14:21:15 <olyerickson> * example: some specification systems require multiple "levels" : sectors, sub-sectors, etc; other similar examples 14:21:37 <olyerickson> * group looked at properties/classes that could me added to skos to capure this info 14:22:00 <olyerickson> * group came up with small number of things that, if added, would allow SKOS to capture a large number of things 14:22:00 <George_> http://www.ddialliance.org/ 14:22:09 <George_> http://www.iso.org/iso/catalogue_detail.htm?csnumber=20057 14:22:58 <George_> the turtle file is visible here - http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/ISO_Extensions_to_SKOS 14:23:02 <olyerickson> * created: short report, TTL file with extensions (not published), currently email discussions on how to proceed 14:23:36 <olyerickson> * effect would be: publishers and maintainers of high-end classification systems would be willing to publish in RDF 14:23:41 <bkaempgen> +q 14:23:51 <HadleyBeeman> HadleyBeeman has joined #gld 14:24:15 <George_> q? 14:24:38 <George_> ack bkaempgen 14:25:07 <olyerickson> george -> actual proposed TTL is above ("ISO_Extensions...") 14:25:26 <olyerickson> Q: What list is discussionon A: it's currently "private" 14:26:02 <George_> q? 14:26:11 <olyerickson> ?? is working with MS student on related problem, would be useful to participate 14:26:24 <bhyland> q+ 14:26:45 <olyerickson> ??+1 notes that some of this discussion will be happening on "Open Gov Vocab Mailing List" 14:27:34 <olyerickson> ?? is Benedict (nick???) 14:27:46 <olyerickson> ??+1 is Cory (nick????) 14:27:48 <bhyland> NB: The Open Gov Vocab mailing list of which you speak is a US only effort. I encourage broadening to the GLD WG if appropriate. 14:27:59 <bhyland> zakim, who is on call? 14:27:59 <Zakim> I don't understand your question, bhyland. 14:28:06 <bhyland> zakim, who is on THE call? 14:28:06 <Zakim> On the phone I see ??P3, George_Thomas, olyerickson, bkaempgen, ZacharyWhitley, bhyland, Sandro, boris, stasinos, +1.202.566.aadd, BartvanLeeuwen, +91.80.49.06.aaee, HadleyBeeman 14:28:10 <Zakim> ... (muted), +1.757.604.aagg, Yigal, cygri, ??P53, ??P55, +1.703.362.aall 14:28:20 <George_> q? 14:28:20 <bkaempgen> bkaempgen is Benedikt 14:28:43 <bkaempgen> +q 14:28:56 <olyerickson> cygri: concern, will cuirrent ad hoc discussion participants need to sign up to a particular list? 14:28:58 <bhyland> Would the caller from Washington DC (aadd) and country code +91 please tell zakim who you are. TIA 14:29:04 <olyerickson> * protecting inb0xes 14:29:15 <bhyland> q- 14:29:26 <bkaempgen> maybe discuss on email@example.com ? 14:29:51 <Biplav> +91 => Biplav (India's country code); Sorry for slippery fingers with RC chat software. 14:29:54 <olyerickson> cygri: Q: how to delineate between "GLD WG stuff" and other stuff 14:30:21 <bhyland> zakim, aaee is biplav 14:30:21 <Zakim> +biplav; got it 14:30:26 <bkaempgen> q- 14:30:32 <olyerickson> Suggestion: Use Usenet principles: if it becomes noise, create a new list... 14:31:04 <olyerickson> Could the people having the party please mute??? 14:31:14 <olyerickson> George: look at "vacbulary page" 14:31:17 <bhyland> zakim,, who is speaking? 14:31:17 <Zakim> I don't understand your question, bhyland. 14:31:23 <bhyland> zakim, who is speaking? 14:31:33 <olyerickson> * what is the "list of things" that should be on the vocab list 14:31:34 <Zakim> bhyland, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: George_Thomas (93%), olyerickson (52%), ??P53 (23%) 14:31:54 <olyerickson> POINT OF ORDER: George,are you looking ast a page? 14:32:27 <olyerickson> George is looking at: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Vocabulary_Discussion_Summary 14:32:28 <boris> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Vocabulary_Discussion_Summary 14:32:29 <bhyland> We are talking about http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Vocabulary_Discussion_Summary 14:32:46 <George_> q? 14:33:00 <BartvanLeeuwen> +q 14:33:35 <olyerickson> Volunteers to discuss Vocabs on http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Vocabulary_Discussion_Summary 14:34:26 <olyerickson> Q (bhyland): How to add? 14:34:45 <George_> q? 14:34:48 <olyerickson> A (George): Now, edit via wiki (for now) 14:34:58 <olyerickson> -1 to spec writing tools 14:35:15 <olyerickson> hg is an epic fail in certain other WGs 14:35:35 <olyerickson> 1 to Wiki unil we have issues 14:35:52 <olyerickson> ;) 14:35:59 <Biplav> I have a question - is "data retention" terms relevant for Vocabularies? Tax data, health records. 14:36:23 <olyerickson> Missing from current list of Vocab: Provenance... 14:36:37 <olyerickson> zakim, who is speaking? 14:36:47 <Zakim> olyerickson, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: George_Thomas (4%), BartvanLeeuwen (65%), ??P53 (44%) 14:37:07 <olyerickson> BartvanLeeuwen: how to express events in tiome 14:37:32 <olyerickson> BartvanLeeuwen will edit wiki himself 14:37:45 <John> happy to update GeoSpatial section 14:37:50 <George_> q? 14:37:52 <olyerickson> Others in WG should edit wiki, add vocabs they think are "important" 14:37:54 <BartvanLeeuwen> q- 14:38:04 <olyerickson> olyerickson will add Prov-related 14:38:15 <cygri> q+ 14:38:27 <Zakim> +bkaempgen.a 14:38:56 <olyerickson> Top-level link to W3C "PROV" WG http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/wiki/Main_Page 14:39:21 <olyerickson> cygri: Look at (our) charter, it is pretty clear on what is expected 14:39:57 <olyerickson> * Minimum: look at each area, make sure we're "covered" by existing vocab work (or not) 14:40:52 <bhyland> +1 to cygri's understanding of what the WG charter suggests vis a vis vocabs. Keep it simple but useful IMO. 14:41:00 <olyerickson> * In areas where there currently aren't W3C or other vocabs in use, make recommendations or highlight the concern 14:41:04 <sandro> q+ 14:41:12 <boris> +1 to cygri 14:41:52 <olyerickson> george: GLD Vocab "Summary" page is laid out based on Charter requirements 14:42:06 <sandro> q- 14:42:11 <cygri> ack me 14:42:21 <olyerickson> george: Q: If something is NOT in charter, is it then out of scope? 14:42:31 <Zakim> -??P53 14:42:33 <Biplav> q+ 14:42:42 <olyerickson> sandro: Chairs can determine/adjust scope but... 14:42:57 <olyerickson> sandro: RE "recommendations," cannot exceed charter 14:43:27 <cgueret_home> cgueret_home has joined #gld 14:43:41 <olyerickson> sandro: "cookbook" vs "recommendation" 14:43:51 <olyerickson> george: Status of Cookbook? 14:44:05 <George_> q? 14:44:14 <sandro> sandro: we can put advice about anything in the cookbook, but for full-force standards (W3C Recommendations) we need to stick to the charter. 14:44:15 <olyerickson> bhyland/boris/michael: Cookbook Status 14:45:11 <olyerickson> bhyland: "seed material" is material from LGD book (SPringer, in press) 14:45:16 <BartvanLeeuwen> +q 14:45:38 <olyerickson> * in cookbook, approx. 15 vocabs req'd for use in gov't 14:46:12 <olyerickson> bhyland: to add vocab in "cookbook" to wiki 14:46:42 <olyerickson> Action: bhyland to add vocab in "cookbook" to wiki 14:46:43 <trackbot> Created ACTION-11 - Add vocab in "cookbook" to wiki [on Bernadette Hyland - due 2011-10-13]. 14:46:58 <olyerickson> zakim, you are awesome 14:46:58 <Zakim> I don't understand 'you are awesome', olyerickson 14:47:11 <olyerickson> ?? Q; private/public participation 14:47:20 <GeraldSteeman> There are US govt challenges 14:47:26 <olyerickson> * in/out of charter 14:48:04 <olyerickson> ?? is "Biplav Srivastava" 14:48:13 <cygri> q+ 14:48:17 <HadleyBeeman> HadleyBeeman has joined #gld 14:48:41 <cygri> Biplav, charter is here: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/charter 14:48:46 <sandro> I can imagine this (incentives) COULD be a kind of strategy listed in the Directory.... 14:49:04 <GeraldSteeman> http://www.nasa.gov/topics/technology/centennial/index.html as an aero challenge 14:49:04 <bhyland> ACTION-11 is for bhyland to add content for all "7 steps" including vocabulary summary for government. 14:49:06 <cygri> q- 14:49:12 <George_> ack Biplav 14:49:31 <George_> ack http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/ISO_Extensions_to_SKOS 14:49:34 <olyerickson> Bart: Q: Participating in Linked Data Cookbook effort; no clue how to contribute 14:49:42 <BartvanLeeuwen> -q 14:49:46 <olyerickson> george: talk to bhyland 14:50:10 <olyerickson> bhyland is "yeast" for thecookbook (who's the sugar?) 14:50:47 <olyerickson> george: In the context of the "Five Areas", is there anything obviously missing that needs to be dded 14:50:58 <sandro> q+ 14:51:03 <cygri> q+ 14:51:05 <olyerickson> * for example: Vcard? FOAF? 14:51:13 <George_> q? 14:51:45 <olyerickson> Cory (??): Fundamental units? 14:51:46 <bhyland> TOPIC: Cookbook - I agree to get the cookbook "starter yeast" put on wiki by Monday next week. The content I've prepared is peer-reviewed and may help to get the cookbook rolling in ernest. 14:51:53 <gatemezi> Maybe also legislation? 14:52:06 <olyerickson> Sandro: units are out-of-scope 14:52:15 <sandro> http://schema.org/Person 14:52:26 <sandro> (another option) 14:52:30 <olyerickson> Sandro: Another contender is Schema.org (see above) 14:52:33 <HadleyBeeman> HadleyBeeman has joined #gld 14:52:39 <bhyland> q+ 14:53:06 <sandro> q- 14:53:18 <olyerickson> There's a difference between "practical" vs "technically possible" ... 14:53:35 <olyerickson> cygri: Don't forget about DCMI 14:53:41 <George_> out of scope - licensing, units, time - possible cookbook topics? 14:53:49 <bkaempgen> q+ 14:53:52 <George_> q? 14:53:52 <olyerickson> +1 to DCMI (shoudk be a default) 14:53:58 <GeraldSteeman> +1 DCMI 14:53:58 <cygri> ack me 14:53:59 <George_> ack cygri 14:54:06 <George_> ack bhyland 14:54:54 <olyerickson> bhyland: suggest all in common use with guidance, esp. w.r.t. in'l requirements 14:55:12 <olyerickson> q+ 14:55:47 <olyerickson> bkaempgen: Are specific use cases required? 14:56:08 <cygri> bkaempgen++ 14:56:36 <gatemezi> zakim, who is speaking? 14:56:36 <George_> q? 14:56:43 <BartvanLeeuwen> +1 for use cases 14:56:47 <Zakim> gatemezi, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: +1.757.604.aagg (43%), George_Thomas (14%), olyerickson (52%), boris (20%) 14:57:45 <cygri> q+ 14:57:53 <gatemezi> Q: is it a way to check "w3c good standing work? 14:58:52 <cygri> q- 14:58:57 <George_> q? 14:59:03 <cygri> 100% agree with George 14:59:53 <George_> q? 15:00:12 <olyerickson> George: GLD can "collect" potentially useful vocabs 15:00:13 <bhyland> George: Would like to see the Vocabulary deliverables specify clear guidance for the 4 sub-deliverables so gov't has clear guidelines (to reduce ambiguity). 15:00:21 <olyerickson> TOPIC: Out of time... 15:00:33 <bhyland> zakim, who is on call? 15:00:38 <olyerickson> Scribe_next_week Tina 15:00:52 <olyerickson> Upcoming Events: 15:00:59 <olyerickson> * TPAC 15:01:00 <Zakim> I don't understand your question, bhyland. 15:01:11 <bhyland> arg! 15:01:13 <HadleyBeeman> I'd be happy to see whoever is coming to TPAC… Let me know if you'll be there! 15:01:16 <bhyland> zakim, who is on THE call? 15:01:21 <George_> q? 15:01:33 <John> apologies for next 3 weeks 15:01:35 <olyerickson> Meeting is adjourned: 11a 15:01:39 <Zakim> On the phone I see ??P3, George_Thomas, olyerickson, bkaempgen, ZacharyWhitley, bhyland, Sandro, boris, stasinos, +1.202.566.aadd, BartvanLeeuwen, biplav, HadleyBeeman (muted), 15:01:45 <Zakim> ... +1.757.604.aagg, Yigal, cygri, ??P55, +1.703.362.aall, bkaempgen.a 15:01:45 <HadleyBeeman> Thanks, George! 15:01:51 <Zakim> - +1.202.566.aadd 15:01:55 <Yigal> Yigal has left #gld 15:01:59 <Zakim> -Sandro 15:02:01 <BartvanLeeuwen> thx george 15:02:02 <Zakim> -cygri 15:02:05 <Zakim> -Yigal 15:02:11 <Zakim> -bhyland 15:02:14 <Zakim> -ZacharyWhitley 15:02:17 <GeraldSteeman> I'm alt for next week, so I'll stay on the line. 15:02:20 <Zakim> -boris 15:02:21 <Zakim> -HadleyBeeman 15:02:26 <Zakim> -bkaempgen.a 15:02:27 <George_> RRSAgent, set logs world-visible 15:02:27 <Zakim> -??P55 15:02:36 <Zakim> -BartvanLeeuwen 15:02:38 <Zakim> - +1.703.362.aall 15:02:41 <George_> RRSAgent, make minutes 15:02:41 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/10/06-gld-minutes.html George_ 15:02:52 <Zakim> -stasinos 15:03:01 <Zakim> -biplav 15:03:57 <George_> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2011-10-06 15:03:57 <olyerickson> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2011-10-06 15:04:19 <George_> http://www.w3.org/2011/10/06-gld-minutes.html 15:06:18 <GeraldSteeman> What does trackbot do? 15:06:53 <olyerickson> sandro 15:07:10 <olyerickson> Sandro, the attendees are not listed in the auto-generated minites 15:08:40 <George_> George_ has left #GLD 15:08:41 <Zakim> -olyerickson 15:08:44 <Zakim> -George_Thomas 15:11:57 <cygri> cygri has joined #gld 15:17:15 <sandro> Zakim, list attendees 15:17:15 <Zakim> As of this point the attendees have been George_Thomas, +49.721.aabb, olyerickson, +1.240.228.aacc, Sandro, boris, bhyland, bkaempgen, ZacharyWhitley, stasinos, +1.202.566.aadd, 15:17:19 <Zakim> ... BartvanLeeuwen, +91.80.49.06.aaee, +44.776.871.aaff, +1.757.604.aagg, HadleyBeeman, +1.703.362.aahh, +1.323.683.aaii, cygri, +1.703.362.aajj, Yigal, +1.703.362.aakk, 15:17:25 <Zakim> ... +1.703.362.aall, biplav 15:18:26 <sandro> olyerickson, what scribe procedure are you following....? 15:19:05 <sandro> (it doesn't like you're using commonscribe...) 15:19:32 <sandro> ie http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Chatlog_2011-10-06 15:27:33 <Zakim> - +1.757.604.aagg 16:00:40 <MacTed> MacTed has joined #gld 16:27:18 <MacTed> MacTed has joined #gld 16:42:48 <Zakim> -bkaempgen 16:47:48 <Zakim> disconnecting the lone participant, ??P3, in T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM 16:47:52 <Zakim> T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM has ended 16:47:55 <Zakim> Attendees were George_Thomas, +49.721.aabb, olyerickson, +1.240.228.aacc, Sandro, boris, bhyland, bkaempgen, ZacharyWhitley, stasinos, +1.202.566.aadd, BartvanLeeuwen, 16:47:58 <Zakim> ... +91.80.49.06.aaee, +44.776.871.aaff, +1.757.604.aagg, HadleyBeeman, +1.703.362.aahh, +1.323.683.aaii, cygri, +1.703.362.aajj, Yigal, +1.703.362.aakk, +1.703.362.aall, biplav 17:45:21 <Zakim> Zakim has left #gld 19:08:04 <olyerickson> olyerickson has left #gld 20:44:35 <bhyland> bhyland has joined #gld 20:47:09 <cygri_> cygri_ has joined #gld 21:29:02 <cygri> cygri has joined #gld 23:00:31 <bhyland> bhyland has joined #gld # SPECIAL MARKER FOR CHATSYNC. DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE OR BELOW. SRCLINESUSED=00000422