From Government Linked Data (GLD) Working Group Wiki
Revision as of 17:34, 29 September 2011 by Scapadis2
Please justify/explain all edits to this page, in your "edit summary" text.
13:51:14 <RRSAgent> RRSAgent has joined #gld 13:51:14 <RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/09/29-gld-irc 13:51:54 <csarven> Meeting: Government Linked Data Working Group Teleconference 13:52:10 <csarven> trackbot-ng, start telcon 13:52:12 <trackbot> RRSAgent, make logs world 13:52:14 <trackbot> Zakim, this will be EGOV_GLD 13:52:14 <Zakim> I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled within the next hour, trackbot 13:52:15 <trackbot> Meeting: Government Linked Data Working Group Teleconference 13:52:15 <trackbot> Date: 29 September 2011 13:53:07 <csarven> Zakim, list conferences 13:53:07 <Zakim> I see Team_(epub)13:00Z, WAI_ERTWG(Eval TF)10:00AM, W3C_WSTAR()9:30AM, T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM active 13:53:10 <Zakim> also scheduled at this time are Team_Comm(CGBG)9:00AM, Math_IG()10:00AM, INC_LLDXG()10:00AM, IA_WebApps(Widgets)9:00AM, MM_MMI(EMMA)10:00AM, SW_RDFa()10:00AM, Team_(dnt)14:00Z, 13:53:12 <Zakim> ... WF_TF()9:00AM, UW_POI(POIWG)10:00AM, Team_Global(review)8:00AM, UW_UWA()9:00AM, WAI_PFWG(AAPI)10:00AM, XML_PMWG()10:00AM 13:53:30 <csarven> Zakim, This is T&S_GLDWG() 13:53:30 <Zakim> ok, csarven; that matches T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM 13:53:46 <olyerickson> zakim, who is on the phone? 13:53:46 <Zakim> On the phone I see olyerickson 13:54:05 <olyerickson> zakim, you are a genius... 13:54:05 <Zakim> I don't understand 'you are a genius', olyerickson 13:54:23 <olyerickson> zakim, what conference is this? 13:54:23 <Zakim> this is T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM conference code 45394 13:55:09 <rreck> rreck has joined #gld 13:55:57 <gatemezi> gatemezi has joined #gld 13:56:01 <Zakim> +mhausenblas 13:56:16 <Zakim> + +1.757.864.aaaa 13:56:48 <csarven> Zakim, mhausenblas is me 13:56:48 <Zakim> +csarven; got it 13:57:05 <Zakim> + +1.703.292.aabb 13:57:14 <TinaGheen> TinaGheen has joined #gld 13:57:55 <csarven> Chair: Bernadette Hyland 13:58:00 <csarven> Agenda: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon2011.09.29 13:58:10 <csarven> Chair: bhyland 13:58:51 <csarven> Scribe: Sarven Capadisli 13:58:58 <csarven> ScribeNick: csarven 13:59:33 <Zakim> + +1.202.566.aacc 13:59:52 <gatemezi> zakim, who is here? 13:59:52 <Zakim> On the phone I see olyerickson, bhyland, csarven, +1.757.864.aaaa, +1.703.292.aabb, +1.202.566.aacc 13:59:52 <Zakim> On IRC I see TinaGheen, gatemezi, rreck, RRSAgent, Zakim, olyerickson, bhyland, csarven, cygri, danbri, trackbot, sandro 14:00:41 <gatemezi> hi all... 14:00:59 <bellows> bellows has joined #gld 14:01:16 <Zakim> +ZacharyWhitley 14:01:30 <Zakim> + +1.218.296.aadd 14:01:37 <annew> annew has joined #gld 14:01:38 <MichaelPendleton> MichaelPendleton has joined #gld 14:01:44 <rreck> zakim, +1.218.296.aadd is me 14:01:44 <Zakim> +rreck; got it 14:01:48 <Zakim> +Sandro 14:01:49 <rreck> zakim, mute me 14:01:49 <Zakim> rreck should now be muted 14:01:53 <olyerickson> +1 to stating our names... 14:02:02 <Zakim> + +1.202.691.aaee 14:02:45 <bellows> bellows has left #gld 14:03:20 <Zakim> +??P44 14:03:26 <ZacharyWhitley> ZacharyWhitley has joined #gld 14:03:29 <csarven> bhyland: Welcome everybody 14:03:42 <rreck> inflamatory aside, i wonder how to elicit truthful comments 14:03:59 <csarven> bhyland: Please identify yourselves before speaking 14:04:30 <gatemezi> zakim, who is here? 14:04:30 <Zakim> On the phone I see olyerickson, bhyland, csarven, +1.757.864.aaaa, TinaGheen, +1.202.566.aacc, ZacharyWhitley, rreck (muted), Sandro, +1.202.691.aaee, ??P44 14:04:31 <GeraldSteeman> GeraldSteeman has joined #gld 14:04:34 <Zakim> On IRC I see ZacharyWhitley, MichaelPendleton, annew, TinaGheen, gatemezi, rreck, RRSAgent, Zakim, olyerickson, bhyland, csarven, cygri, danbri, trackbot, sandro 14:04:44 <ZacharyWhitley> zakim, who's here? 14:04:44 <Zakim> On the phone I see olyerickson, bhyland, csarven, +1.757.864.aaaa, TinaGheen, +1.202.566.aacc, ZacharyWhitley, rreck (muted), Sandro, +1.202.691.aaee, ??P44 14:04:49 <Zakim> On IRC I see GeraldSteeman, ZacharyWhitley, MichaelPendleton, annew, TinaGheen, gatemezi, rreck, RRSAgent, Zakim, olyerickson, bhyland, csarven, cygri, danbri, trackbot, sandro 14:04:51 <Zakim> + +1.267.481.aaff 14:05:03 <csarven> bhyland: Let's doublecheck http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Scribes and add yourself at some point 14:05:16 <luis_bermudez> luis_bermudez has joined #gld 14:05:38 <JohnGoodwin> JohnGoodwin has joined #gld 14:05:45 <sandro> sandro has changed the topic to: Government Linked Data (GLD) WG -- http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/ -- Agenda: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon2011.09.29 14:05:46 <csarven> bhyland: We have the infrastructure ready to go 14:06:38 <csarven> bhyland: Please add more to the agenda if we've let something out 14:06:45 <MichaelPendleton> aacc is me 14:06:56 <sandro> zakim, aacc is MichaelPendleton 14:06:56 <Zakim> +MichaelPendleton; got it 14:07:12 <sandro> MichaelPendleton, you do need to start with "Zakim, " :-) 14:07:30 <sandro> Zakim, aaee is DanGilman 14:07:30 <Zakim> +DanGilman; got it 14:07:33 <GeraldSteeman> 757.864.aaaa is me 14:07:44 <csarven> Zakim, aaee is DanGilman 14:07:44 <Zakim> I don't understand 'aaee is Dan Gillman', csarven 14:07:51 <sandro> Zakim, aaaa is GeraldSteeman 14:07:51 <Zakim> +GeraldSteeman; got it 14:08:09 <csarven> PROPOSAL: Accept minutes of last meeting ( http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon2011.09.22 ) 14:08:25 <olyerickson> @csarven note that human name formats don't work; always use nicks 14:08:43 <olyerickson> +1 to accept minutes 14:08:51 <csarven> +1 14:08:56 <MichaelPendleton> +1 to accept minutes 14:09:06 <gatemezi> +1 to accept minutes 14:09:31 <JohnGoodwin> +1 but only just read them...was there last week 14:09:35 <csarven> RESOLUTION: Minutes of last meeting accepted 14:09:45 <csarven> Topic: Deliverables 14:09:48 <sandro> DanGilman: I was there last week, but not shown in minutes.... 14:09:52 <csarven> Subtopic: Community Directory Summary 14:10:19 <csarven> bhyland: Good start for F2F in August 14:10:21 <olyerickson> @scarven minutes should be "accepted as amended" (re: DanGilman added to attendees) 14:10:49 <csarven> bhyland: Cleaned up the requirements 14:10:52 <bhyland> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Community_Directory_Requirements 14:10:58 <Zakim> +??P53 14:11:37 <csarven> bhyland: Moved some of the content to a new page for a new set of requirements for a community directory. All are encouraged to update. 14:12:09 <csarven> bhyland: If you need a login to http://directory.3roundstones.net let me know. 14:12:28 <rreck> email you and sandro to request editorial capability? 14:12:44 <sandro> just bhyland 14:13:00 <olyerickson> q+ 14:13:06 <csarven> bhyland: Add/modify company name or add project info. Let's get this going w/ better information. 14:13:37 <csarven> bhyland: It would be nice 52 entries because we have that many members in this WG 14:14:01 <bhyland> q? 14:14:05 <csarven> sandro: Can anyone add info about any other company/project? 14:14:31 <csarven> bhyland: I prefer to add own information, but stubs are welcome 14:15:20 <csarven> sandro: Let's identify stubs and then work forward from there. Sort of like a good TODO 14:15:37 <GeraldSteeman> +1 on stub idea 14:16:30 <stk> stk has joined #gld 14:16:50 <MichaelPendleton> what user name/password should we be using to edit entries in the Community Directory? 14:17:02 <csarven> bhyland: We can use a CNAME for http://directory.3roundstones.net to make it look like a W3, that'd be fine. 14:18:04 <csarven> bhyland: There are some useful/neat features for the community directory data. Minor reflection of the reality. 14:18:38 <csarven> bhyland: e.g., who provides ontology development 14:19:00 <bhyland> q? 14:19:56 <sandro> q+ 14:20:11 <csarven> olyerickson: Did you mean we need to provide credentials for the login? Which role do I use to add info? 14:20:34 <bhyland> That is John Erickson (olyerickson) speaking from RPI 14:20:57 <sandro> ack olyerickson 14:20:57 <stk> zakim, who is here 14:20:58 <Zakim> stk, you need to end that query with '?' 14:21:06 <stk> zakim, who is here? 14:21:06 <Zakim> On the phone I see olyerickson, bhyland, csarven, GeraldSteeman, TinaGheen, MichaelPendleton, ZacharyWhitley, rreck (muted), Sandro, DanGilman, ??P44, +1.267.481.aaff, ??P53 14:21:10 <Zakim> On IRC I see stk, JohnGoodwin, GeraldSteeman, ZacharyWhitley, MichaelPendleton, annew, TinaGheen, gatemezi, rreck, RRSAgent, Zakim, olyerickson, bhyland, csarven, cygri, danbri, 14:21:12 <Zakim> ... trackbot, sandro 14:21:49 <csarven> olyerickson: It'd be great to let 3rd parties to update the community data 14:21:57 <sandro> q- 14:22:00 <stk> zakim, ??P53 is stk 14:22:00 <Zakim> +stk; got it 14:22:18 <bhyland> q? 14:22:22 <JohnGoodwin> csarven - was that aimed at the other John? 14:22:29 <csarven> bhyland: Agreed. Wiki way of updating would be better. Lowering the barrier. 14:23:19 <csarven> bhyland: Please update the requirements as you see fit. AND I will threaten you in the future! (guaranteed) 14:23:47 <csarven> ... :p 14:23:50 <olyerickson> +1 to adding LOL's about GLD community members ;) 14:24:51 <csarven> bhyland: Let's make sure to document all the exciting cases out there. And get the word out for the work we are doing. 14:24:57 <csarven> Subtopic: Best Practices 14:25:02 <bhyland> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Best_Practices_Discussion_Summary 14:25:10 <olyerickson> q+ 14:25:35 <csarven> olyerickson: I can talk about my questions regarding Provenance 14:25:57 <csarven> olyerickson: Trying to understand (or group consensus) where Provenance info should go. 14:26:32 <rreck> when i use provenance, it is ultimately help me determine how well i know something 14:27:17 <csarven> olyerickson: Technical aspect of vocabularies.. this might be easy for us because W3C Provenance WG has done good work that we can work with 14:27:22 <csarven> olyerickson: Any comments? 14:27:23 <bhyland> Per olyerickson's email 27-Sept-2011: 14:27:24 <bhyland> Because our mission is to provide "best practices" guidance, I would 14:27:24 <bhyland> argue there are both vocabulary "policy" components 14:27:24 <bhyland> * Vocabulary, for obvious reasons: the options available for binding 14:27:24 <bhyland> provenance data to GLD 14:27:24 <bhyland> * Policy (for lack of a better term) that guides stakeholders in 14:27:25 <bhyland> making decisions about what provenance is, its implications, how to 14:27:28 <bhyland> generate it 14:27:31 <bhyland> q? 14:27:39 <bhyland> ack olyerickson 14:27:46 <JohnGoodwin> http://open-biomed.sourceforge.net/opmv/ns.html 14:28:05 <csarven> JohnGoodwin: I've not done any work on this, but I know some people from data.gov.uk 14:28:18 <csarven> olyerickson: Where do we talk about this exactly? 14:28:45 <csarven> olyerickson: We know what's done, but where do we talk about the stuff that we are trying to create for Provenance in GLD WG. 14:29:24 <JohnGoodwin> wrong John ;) 14:29:25 <cygri> cygri has joined #gld 14:29:55 <csarven> olyerickson: Part of our discussion should be guided from high level stand point and the .. 14:30:37 <csarven> bhyland: People will look at both the actual standard as well as what the GLD WG recommends. 14:30:38 <rreck> you should and here's how sounds like a great approach 14:31:12 <olyerickson> +1 to "You shoulds" in "Best Practices," "here's how" in "Std Vocabs" 14:31:22 <csarven> bhyland: GLD WG would merely point at existing docs/groups elsewhere 14:32:05 <olyerickson> "pragmantic provenance" in "Best Practices" 14:32:05 <csarven> olyerickson: Sounds good 14:32:47 <bhyland> q? 14:33:01 <csarven> bhyland: Do we have anyone from the vocab group that would like to touch on that? 14:34:28 <rreck> i missed it too 14:34:43 <gatemezi> I suggest to have a telecon with all the vocab group to plan the work 14:34:58 <rreck> +1 vocab telecon 14:35:13 <rreck> i didnt receive the email either, but would be interested 14:35:31 <csarven> DanGilman: Sent an email to the list, but it may have not made it 14:36:33 <Zakim> +??P6 14:37:03 <rreck> lurker 14:37:17 <annew> Anne just tried to join on zakim ekiga sip 14:37:20 <annew> I am muted 14:37:31 <sandro> zakim, ??P6 is AnneW 14:37:31 <Zakim> +AnneW; got it 14:37:33 <annew> Hey watch it! 14:37:49 <csarven> Topic: Input for "Progress of GLD WG" for Keynote at the Open Government Data Camp 2011 ( http://ogdcamp.org/ ) 14:37:53 <rreck> annew: im chatting you in the other window 14:38:09 <bhyland> Workshop at Open Government Data Camp, see http://www.w3.org/blog/SW/ 14:38:53 <csarven> bhyland: This is our WG Keynote, hence, you are invited to give your input/insights/feelings about the WG's progress. Lot's of people there. 14:39:14 <csarven> JohnGoodwin: I can send some slides 14:40:03 <bhyland> JohnGoodwin: Have something called UK Location Programme, within that a LD working group including Ordnance Survey & others. 14:40:25 <olyerickson> @bhyland RPI can provide slide material on LOGD, IOGDS ("Int'l Catalog") and/or Instance Hub if you wish 14:40:28 <csarven> JohnGoodwin: UK Location Programme, roughly speaking group of gov bodies for location agenda.. and within that we have agencies e.g., environment (publishes water quality.. linked to ordanenace survey) 14:40:48 <sandro> q+ 14:41:19 <olyerickson> doh! 14:42:12 <bhyland> RE: SemTech London - per JohnGoodwin most of the good talks were from government, including Bart van Leeuwen/Amsterdam Fire Dept, Jenny and John Sheridan on National Archives ... 14:42:54 <olyerickson> RE #SemTechBiz, LDodd's preso on data quality (vs billions of triples) was good/useful 14:43:09 <annew> rreck: just loaded this sip voip software. unfamiliar with it. and don't' see a private chat 14:44:12 <gatemezi> @olyerickson: can we have a pointer of that preso? 14:44:24 <olyerickson> Yep looking...just a sec... 14:44:34 <gatemezi> TIA 14:45:01 <csarven> bhyland: Let's document what's going on out there. Email me or use the wiki. 14:45:04 <olyerickson> Leigh Dodds preso: http://www.slideshare.net/ldodds/the-rdf-report-card-beyond-the-triple-count 14:45:37 <olyerickson> that's @ldodds (talis) "beyond the triple count" 14:45:48 <csarven> bhyland: Anyone else attended London SemTechBiz? 14:45:50 <bhyland> q? 14:47:36 <bhyland> olyerickson: Leigh's point is that it isn't about a high triple count, it is about making data useful to consumers, whomever they may be. 14:47:39 <csarven> olyerickson: We should pay attention to what Kassabi folks are saying because it is about making data more consumable as opposed to having a pile of random data 14:48:59 <gatemezi> I think that data that can not derive "knowledge" is useless... 14:49:48 <csarven> sandro: Public is public 14:50:08 <csarven> Topic: Schema.org 14:50:20 <csarven> sandro: Who knows about schema.org? 14:50:20 <olyerickson> +10 to hearing about it 14:50:49 <csarven> sandro: schema.org is an effort between GYM. 14:51:20 <csarven> sandro: yahoo called it SearchMonkey, Google uses RichSnippets.. so, now there is schema.org, which is a common vocab for a much larger domain. 14:51:40 <csarven> sandro: Not necessarily talking about how it will be used but how people should make their data available. 14:51:47 <csarven> sandro: Sooooort of close to W3C's standards. 14:52:13 <csarven> sandro: Tried to get all towards the same goal 14:52:29 <luis_bermudez> luis_bermudez has joined #gld 14:52:31 <olyerickson> FYI, "GYM" is Google-Bing (aka Google/Yahoo!/Microsoft) 14:52:55 <csarven> sandro: SemWeb people were afraid of the big search engines would take over.. even though this was just a discussion. 14:53:48 <csarven> sandro: It touches on Gov vocabs, but just on people.. not sufficient. Will have to look more closely. 14:54:06 <csarven> bhyland: sandro, can you talk about Facebook? 14:54:17 <csarven> sandro: Facebook didn't show up. 14:54:43 <csarven> sandro: They are doing their Open Graph Protocol, and not coordinating with the schema.org as far as we know 14:54:49 <olyerickson> This group may be interested in http://schema.rdfs.org/ , a "...complementary effort by people from the Linked Data community to support Schema.org deployment and usage with a special focus on Linked Data..." 14:56:51 <olyerickson> +1 to Schema.org being a vote for simple/easy-to-adopt structured data 14:57:28 <olyerickson> +1 to OGP (facebook) *also* being about simple/easy-to-adopt structured data... 14:58:09 <annew> +1 great project to get involved in Sandro 14:58:15 <bhyland> q? 14:58:20 <bhyland> ack sandro 14:58:20 <sandro> q- 14:59:55 <csarven> bhyland: Please do your homework i.e., community directory (details entered). We'll make it easier to update. 15:00:29 <olyerickson> Re Datacube, yes 15:00:35 <csarven> ??: Did we discuss DataCube in the past? 15:00:53 <olyerickson> We had a DataCube preso a few weeks ago 15:01:04 <bhyland> The Data Cube was discussed & presented at the F2F in June. 15:01:08 <olyerickson> They are in the minutes 15:01:12 <olyerickson> q+ 15:01:30 <bhyland> Let's plan to have another discussion at the Jan 2012 F2F. 15:02:02 <Zakim> -MichaelPendleton 15:02:08 <olyerickson> q- 15:02:37 <csarven> bhyland: Important to bump our activity on the vocabs 15:03:12 <csarven> bhyland: Participation is key here 15:03:46 <gatemezi> @bhyland: as editor, you can plan a telecon 15:04:20 <Zakim> -AnneW 15:04:21 <olyerickson> +1 to adjourning... 15:04:22 <Zakim> -DanGilman 15:04:24 <Zakim> -ZacharyWhitley 15:04:26 <csarven> Thanks 15:04:26 <Zakim> -bhyland 15:04:28 <Zakim> -??P44 15:04:32 <Zakim> - +1.267.481.aaff 15:04:34 <Zakim> -olyerickson 15:04:36 <Zakim> -GeraldSteeman 15:04:36 <rreck> bubye 15:04:40 <Zakim> -TinaGheen 15:04:42 <Zakim> -stk 15:04:45 <Zakim> -csarven 15:04:45 <olyerickson> olyerickson has left #GLD 15:04:46 <Zakim> -Sandro 15:04:58 <Zakim> -rreck 15:05:01 <Zakim> T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM has ended 15:05:03 <Zakim> Attendees were olyerickson, bhyland, +1.757.864.aaaa, csarven, +1.703.292.aabb, +1.202.566.aacc, ZacharyWhitley, rreck, Sandro, TinaGheen, +1.202.691.aaee, +1.267.481.aaff, 15:05:06 <bhyland> @csarven - do you see the http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon2011.09.29#Scribe.27s_End_of_Meeting_Checklist 15:05:09 <Zakim> ... MichaelPendleton, DanGilman, GeraldSteeman, stk, AnneW 15:05:33 <csarven> RRSAgent, set logs world-visible 15:05:41 <csarven> RRSAgent, make minutes 15:05:41 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/09/29-gld-minutes.html csarven 15:06:11 <stk> stk has left #gld 15:06:32 <bhyland> @csarven, good, the important part is done … let me know if you have any trouble with the rest of the steps. Thanks for scribing. 15:06:53 <csarven> @bhyland I get "Sorry, Insufficient Access Privileges" for that URL 15:09:05 <csarven> Do I have to do something at http://www.w3.org/2009/CommonScribe/panel/?group=gld&go=Use+This+Group before accessing the preliminary minutes? 15:11:26 <csarven> Apologies if I've missed a few important comments from the members. # SPECIAL MARKER FOR CHATSYNC. DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE OR BELOW. SRCLINESUSED=00000273