Chatlog 2011-08-04

From Government Linked Data (GLD) Working Group Wiki
Revision as of 17:13, 5 August 2011 by Mlvarez (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

See original RRSAgent log or preview nicely formatted version.

Please justify/explain all edits to this page, in your "edit summary" text.

14:00:41 <RRSAgent> RRSAgent has joined #gld
14:01:18 <bhyland> GLDWG
<martinAlvarez> guest: Tina Gheen, NSF/LoC
<martinAlvarez> guest: David (DruidSmith) Smith, EPA
<martinAlvarez> guest: Zachary Whitley, JHU
<martinAlvarez> guest: Yigal Arens, ISI
<martinAlvarez> guest: Dan Gilman, BLS
<martinAlvarez> guest: Todd Pehle, Orbis Tech.
<martinAlvarez> guest: Ted (MacTed) Thibodeau, Openlink
<martinAlvarez> regrets: Benedikt, Price, William, Gerald
#Added this attendees because Zakim didn't recognize some of them
<martinAlvarez> present: Benedikt, Bernadette, Boris, Cory, David Price, George Thomas, Gerald Steeman, Ghislain Atemezing, John Erickson, Luis Bermudez, Martín Álvarez, Michael Hausenblas, Richard Cyganiak, William Brafford, Asun
14:02:17 <gatemezi> Hi all
14:02:46 <Yigal> Yigal has joined #gld
14:02:56 <boris> zakim, who is here?
14:03:31 <Zakim> On the phone I see TGheen, DruidSmith, ZacharyWhitley, ??P10, George, +1.202.691.aabb, +1.267.481.aacc, +1.202.566.aadd, +1.410.224.aaee, +1.540.898.aaff, cygri
14:04:07 <olyerickson> I just joined the call...
14:05:04 <mhausenblas> scribenick: mhausenblas
14:05:07 <mhausenblas> Agenda: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon2011.08.04
14:05:11 <gatemezi> rrsagent, make records public
14:05:17 <mhausenblas> Topic: Preliminary items
14:05:46 <bhyland> @mhausenblas I've updated Scribes page http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Scribes#Scribes and swapped you with 15-Sept date.
14:06:01 <DruidSmith> That was Luis Bermudez, Open Geospatial Consortium
14:06:16 <mhausenblas> Luis: background in geo-spatial and streams
14:06:25 <martinAlvarez> martinAlvarez has joined #gld
14:06:32 <bhyland> @Luis are you based in the Washington DC area?
14:07:05 <mhausenblas> Chair: George
14:07:20 <mhausenblas> scribenick: martinAlvarez  
14:09:41 <martinAlvarez> Action: Sandro to investigate legal issues of the wiki
14:09:41 <trackbot> Created ACTION-1 - Investigate legal issues of the wiki [on Sandro Hawke - due 2011-08-11].
14:10:08 <bhyland> @Yigal, @ZacharyWhitley, @Dan - did you all follow the link I sent in an email to put in details about joining as an invited guest?
14:10:21 <mhausenblas> s/legal issues/acces issues
14:10:28 <ZacharyWhitley> s/legal/access/
14:10:32 <Yigal> @bhyland I've been derelict in this matter
14:10:45 <cygri> ACTION-1 investigate access issues of the wiki (yigal and others can't access it)
14:10:45 <trackbot> ACTION-1 Investigate legal issues of the wiki notes added
14:11:13 <bhyland> There is a process for being added to wiki.  If people who have been invited could *please* follow the link & fill out the form, that would help us get you access.
14:11:30 <Zakim> MacTed should now be muted
<martinAlvarez> Subtopic: Proposal to accept the minutes from the previous meeting
14:11:37 <martinAlvarez> George: Should we accept the last meeting minutes?
14:13:06 <martinAlvarez> PROPOSED: Accept the last-meeting minutes
14:11:46 <martinAlvarez> s/minutes/minutes?
14:12:01 <bhyland> +1
14:12:05 <Yigal> +1
14:12:06 <gatemezi> +1
14:12:28 <DruidSmith> +1
14:12:50 <mhausenblas> '/me'
14:13:40 <martinAlvarez> RESOLUTION: Last-meeting minutes have been accepted
14:13:45 <ZacharyWhitley> bhyland, the "How to join" link?
<martinAlvarez> Subtopic: Review Tracker Actions
<martinAlvarez> LD Cookbook closed?
14:14:18 <mhausenblas> ISSUE-1?
14:14:18 <trackbot> ISSUE-1 -- Where should the BP cookbook go? -- open
14:14:18 <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/issues/1
14:14:48 <olyerickson> Yes, looking at the issue...
14:16:07 <gatemezi> +1 to host the BP cookbook as a wiki
14:16:09 <bhyland> close ISSUE-1
<martinAlvarez> Topic: Review of Deliverables
<martinAlvarez> Subtopic: Community Directory prototype, http://directory.3roundstones.net/page/MainPage.xhtml?view
14:17:01 <martinAlvarez> George: Bernadette, could you give us a quick overview on Community Directory work?
14:17:22 <martinAlvarez> Bernadette: Last week we (task force contributors) had a call on Skype.
14:17:31 <George> close ISSUE-1
14:17:31 <trackbot> ISSUE-1 Where should the BP cookbook go? closed
14:18:40 <martinAlvarez> ... We had deployed a prototype on the Web.
14:19:00 <martinAlvarez> ... If anyone is interested in take part in the Community Directory, please let me know.
14:19:40 <martinAlvarez> ... Today, I sent an email to the list with all the information about this pilot.
14:19:49 <George> http://directory.3roundstones.net
14:20:44 <tgheen> I have not seen any emails, but I don't think I am an official participant
14:21:10 <toddpehle> same for me
14:21:24 <ZacharyWhitley> Same for me.
14:21:48 <ZacharyWhitley> (from APL)
14:22:48 <George> Dan BLS, Chris GSA, Tina NSF, Todd Orbis, Zack APL - need to finalize temp IE status for listserv inclusion
14:23:07 <martinAlvarez> ACTION: Dan BLS, Chris GSA, Tina NSF, Todd Orbis, Zack APL - need to finalize temp IE status for listserv inclusion
14:23:07 <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - Dan
14:23:13 <bhyland> For those people who didn't receive an email from today, the above is the URL for the pre-release Community Directory prototype.  I also asked people If thye'd like login credentials, please respond to team-gld-chairs at w3.org with your name & email & I'll compile a list and our support team will invite you.  Thanks.
14:24:11 <martinAlvarez> Bernadette: Please, remember that there is a task force to gather requirements to the Community Directory,
14:24:31 <martinAlvarez> ... if anybody else would like to participate, his/her will be welcome
14:24:50 <martinAlvarez> ... the list of the current participants is on the wiki.
14:24:17 <cygri> ACTION: George to finalize temp IE status for listserv inclusion for Dan BLS, Chris GSA, Tina NSF, Todd Orbis, Zack APL
14:24:17 <trackbot> Created ACTION-2 - Finalize temp IE status for listserv inclusion for Dan BLS, Chris GSA, Tina NSF, Todd Orbis, Zack APL [on George Thomas - due 2011-08-11].
14:24:30 <cygri> ACTION: bhyland to finalize temp IE status for listserv inclusion for Dan BLS, Chris GSA, Tina NSF, Todd Orbis, Zack APL
14:24:30 <trackbot> Created ACTION-3 - Finalize temp IE status for listserv inclusion for Dan BLS, Chris GSA, Tina NSF, Todd Orbis, Zack APL [on Bernadette Hyland - due 2011-08-11].
14:24:33 <mhausenblas> q+
14:24:58 <boris> q?
14:25:31 <mhausenblas> ack me
14:26:01 <martinAlvarez> mhausenblas: I'll contribute
14:26:11 <cygri> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Statistical_Cube_Data
14:26:21 <mhausenblas> s/I'll contribute/I'll contribute to the Community Directory
<martinAlvarez> Subtopic: Standard Vocabs
14:26:43 <martinAlvarez> George: Richard has created a wiki page on Data Cube vocabulary
14:26:46 <ZacharyWhitley> +q
14:27:45 <DruidSmith_> DruidSmith_ has joined #gld
14:28:04 <mhausenblas> RRSAgent, make logs public
14:29:50 <martinAlvarez> George: Maybe is interesting to take some examples where statistical data are used
14:30:05 <olyerickson> I'm interested from the perspective of conversion
14:30:58 <martinAlvarez> Dan: I like the idea of breaking the call to talk about use cases of using the data cube
14:31:36 <martinAlvarez> ... also with a theoretical perspective of the Data Cube vocabulary.
14:31:49 <George> ACTION: George to organize telecon with Zach, Dan, John, George, Richard for a Cube Vocab review
14:31:49 <trackbot> Created ACTION-4 - Organize telecon with Zach, Dan, John, George, Richard for a Cube Vocab review [on George Thomas - due 2011-08-11].
14:32:22 <martinAlvarez> George: We have some good examples from Epimorphics work shown in SemTech
14:32:29 <George> SemTech Epimorphics use of Cube
14:32:35 <cygri> http://www.slideshare.net/der42/linked-data-hypercubes
14:33:05 <olyerickson> cygri's preso is linked-to from the wiki already
<martinAlvarez> Subtopic: Gov Ontology Metadata
<martinAlvarez> Taking into account Asun's email to the list (http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-gld-wg/2011Jul/0019.html)
14:33:31 <boris> Asuncion
14:34:01 <martinAlvarez> Moving on to Gov Ontology Metadata works
14:35:26 <martinAlvarez> Dan: I would like to take part in this Open Government Vocabulary
14:36:10 <martinAlvarez> ... Should we suggest Mondeca to take part in this task force?
14:36:48 <mhausenblas> Michael: No, Mondeca is not a member of the GLD WG
14:36:50 <olyerickson> I would like to be part of this vocab-of-vocabs discussion as well
14:36:55 <martinAlvarez> Dan: I work with you to get the names of the people interested
14:39:29 <gatemezi> I am also interested with this topic, and since I can discuss directly with the guys of Mondeca, "indirectly" they will be present :-)
<martinAlvarez> Subtopic: Procurement
14:40:30 <martinAlvarez> George: John Sheridan has volunteered to help in procurement 
14:40:52 <martinAlvarez> ... anyone from the UK National Archives to contribute
14:41:10 <martinAlvarez> ... in order to create a CO's Guide to 5-Star Data Initiatives
14:40:31 <olyerickson> Do we define "CO" (Contracting Officer) somewhere? 
14:41:20 <bhyland> q+
14:42:00 <mhausenblas> q?
14:42:25 <olyerickson> My point was that we need to be sure to break out terms-of-art where they appear
14:42:34 <George> understood JE
14:42:40 <olyerickson> Thanks!
14:42:43 <martinAlvarez> Bernadette: Please, if anyone is interested in the wiki can be registered as contributor
14:43:15 <martinAlvarez> ... OPSI may be interested
14:43:50 <martinAlvarez> Subtopic: WG Charter 3.1 production schedule
14:44:25 <martinAlvarez> George: Community Directory is going pretty well
14:45:12 <martinAlvarez> Bernadette: We are evolving the Community Directory wiki 
14:45:16 <bhyland> Subtopic: LD Cookbook, very early stage cookbook may be found on http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Best_Practices_Discussion_Summary#2.2.7_Linked_Data_Cookbook
14:46:00 <martinAlvarez> Richard: Boris was proposed as editor
14:46:36 <martinAlvarez> Bernadette: the whole list of contributors is in the wiki page
14:46:38 <mhausenblas> s/Richard:/Michael:
14:47:06 <olyerickson> FYI, John Erickson's name is mis-spelled on the "best practices summary" http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Best_Practices_Discussion_Summary
14:47:24 <bhyland> The list of people who've indicated interest in working on Best Practices may be found on http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Best_Practices_Discussion_Summary#Interested_in_working_on_this
14:47:38 <Cory> I still have to get it in my head what the nature and scope of the deliverable may be - examples would help
14:48:42 <martinAlvarez> Michael: Should we edit the specific actions for anyone in the section?
14:50:22 <martinAlvarez> ... Bernadette, Boris, and myself will motivate the rest and joining pieces
14:51:15 <George> q?
14:51:20 <mhausenblas> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/charter
14:51:29 <George> q- ZacharyWhitley
14:51:38 <George> q- bhyland
14:51:40 <bhyland> q- bhyland
14:53:33 <olyerickson> q?
14:53:52 <mhausenblas> q?
14:54:12 <George> q?
14:54:34 <George> q+ olyerickson
14:54:38 <George> ack olyerickson
14:54:48 <George> ?
14:55:37 <bhyland> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Main_Page
14:55:37 <mhausenblas> q+ to say something more about the ED on Best Practices
14:55:40 <mhausenblas> q?
14:56:07 <mhausenblas> ack me
14:56:07 <Zakim> mhausenblas, you wanted to say something more about the ED on Best Practices
14:57:40 <George> q?
14:58:07 <martinAlvarez> Michael: We should use common practices and clean the texts from different contributors
14:58:16 <ZacharyWhitley> q?
<martinAlvarez> Topic: Call for agenda items for next meeting
14:58:47 <martinAlvarez> George: Any comment for the next agenda?
14:59:47 <martinAlvarez> ... We can include more about standard vocabularies, like dcat
15:00:27 <martinAlvarez> Dan: We shouldn't use the word "standard"
15:01:06 <martinAlvarez> ... We could say recommended practices, or consensus BP, etc.
15:00:18 <mhausenblas> Michael: I disagree - we *do* do set standards
15:00:32 <George> +1 MH
15:00:34 <George> http://www.w3.org/TR/void/
15:00:38 <MacTed> Zakim, unmute me
15:00:39 <George> a standard?
15:00:41 <MacTed> q+
15:00:51 <Zakim> MacTed should no longer be muted
15:00:55 <olyerickson> Note to leaders: I too appear to have access problems with the Wiki...Sees me as logged-in user but I don't see "edit" options etc... please advise...
15:00:56 <mhausenblas> Michael: We write specifications that we hope to become a standard
15:01:34 <bhyland> +1 MacTed
15:01:59 <cygri> q+
15:02:14 <mhausenblas> q+ to comment on scribing
15:02:16 <George> q?
15:02:35 <mhausenblas> ack MacTed 
15:02:43 <mhausenblas> ack cygri 
15:02:58 <MacTed> ack me
15:03:02 <cygri> ack me
15:03:29 <MacTed> I must now jump to another call...
15:04:03 <mhausenblas> q?
15:04:06 <Zakim> -MacTed
15:04:07 <mhausenblas> ack me
15:04:37 <mhausenblas> ack me
15:04:37 <George> Scribe should capture that MH says yes to 'standard' and RC says 'recommendation' :)
<martinAlvarez> Michael: We should use the term 'standard' 
<martinAlvarez> cygri: W3C has always used the term 'Recommendation'
15:04:43 <cygri> cygri: W3C officially only publishes "W3C recommendations", not "standards"
15:04:49 <mhausenblas> ack me
15:05:01 <mhausenblas> Michael: I agree with Richard
15:05:35 <bhyland> @olyerickson, I'll send you email
15:06:41 <Zakim> T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM has ended
15:06:43 <Zakim> Attendees were TGheen, ZacharyWhitley, DruidSmith, George, +1.540.898.aaaa, +1.202.691.aabb, +1.267.481.aacc, +1.202.566.aadd, +1.540.898.aaff, boris, +1.518.276.aagg, Yigal,
15:06:46 <Zakim> ... mhausenblas, cygri, toddpehle, martinAlvarez, MacTed, Mike, +1.202.208.aahh, +1.703.362.aaii
15:06:55 <cygri> and yeah, scribing is really hard in the beginning when you don't know the voices yet
15:07:17 <gatemezi> zakem, -gatemezi
15:07:27 <martinAlvarez> RRSAgent, make logs public
15:46:01 <cygri> cygri has joined #gld
# SPECIAL MARKER FOR CHATSYNC.  DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE OR BELOW.  SRCLINESUSED=00000276