John Sheridan is a Civil Servant working for the UK Government, where he is Head of Legislation Services at The (UK) National Archives. John's responsibilities include legislation.gov.uk, a linked data statute book and major online public service. He was also the Linked Data lead for data.gov.uk. He has a degree in Mathematics from the University of Southampton and a Masters Degree in Information Technology from the University of Liverpool.
John’s experience ranges across a range of policy and technology issues with open government data and Linked Data. John has initiated or lead a number of Semantic Web and Linked Data projects in UK Government
- AKTive PSI (2005-06) a research project in semantic web technologies and public sector information see: Unlocking the Potential of Public Sector Information Using Semantic Web Technology
- Semwebbing The London Gazette (2007-08) using RDFa see: Semwebbing The London Gazette at XTech 2008
- Specification and procurement of the Semantic Knowledge Base for the UK Government Website Archive (2010)
- Linked Data for data.gov.uk (2009-11) which spans design patterns, vocabularies, reference data, production techniques, publishing practices, procurement, outreach and training see: data.gov.uk Linked Data and How the web of data will be won
- Linked Data for UK Government Organisations and Organograms (2011)
- legislation.gov.uk (2009-11)