From Government Linked Data (GLD) Working Group Wiki
Agenda GLD-WG telecon 27 October 2011
Thursdays 14:00-15:00 UTC (10:00-11:00 Boston, 7:00-8:00 San Francisco, 15:00-16:00 London, 16:00-17:00 Paris) Teleconferences (official participants and invited guests only): Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200, or sip:firstname.lastname@example.org then conference code 45394# ("GLDWG") IRC channel: #gld on irc.w3.org on port 6665 An agenda is sent 24 hours in advance; minutes follow within a day or two.
W3C Telecon Resources: Zakim instructions: http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html RRSAgent instructions: http://www.w3.org/2002/03/RRSAgent Scribes Info: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Scribes Scribe Publishing Minutes instructions: http://www.w3.org/2009/CommonScribe/panel/?group=gld&go=Use+This+Group W3C Mailing Lists: GLD WG public mailing list: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-gld-wg/2011Jul/ GLD Chairs mailing list mailto:email@example.com Contact GLD Chairs
- Chair: Bernadette Hyland
- Scribe: Gerald Steeman (as per GLD Mtg Scribes).
- Alternate: TBD
This is our thirteenth telecon.
Scribe's Pre-Meeting Checklist
- Scribe's Pre-Meeting Checklist:
- Bots in a nutshell: Zakim handles the telecon IRC attendance & queuing; trackbot any logged Action Items; RRSAgent produces nicely formatted minutes from the IRC channel.
- If necessary, invite bots to the channel (#GLDWG)
- From within the GLDWG IRC channel, please confirm:
- Zakim is present. If not, /invite zakim
- RRSAgent is present. If not, /invite rrsagent
- trackbot is present. If not, /invite trackbot
- Enter the following information:
- Meeting: <name>
- Chair: <Person's name>
- Agenda: <URL>
- Scribe: <Person's name>
- ScribeNick: <IRC nick>
- Agenda: <link to the agenda>
- Chair's Checklist:
- Scribe present, bots "on", Scribe and Chair named in IRC.
- Review Preliminary items (~10 minutes):
- Who's present?
- Agenda review
- Call for next week's agenda items
The agenda for this meeting will be:
- Recap of meeting two weeks ago (Phil Archer on SEMIC.EU (~5 minutes)
- Proposal to accept the minutes from the 10-13 meeting
- Review Tracker Actions, Issues
- Update on Open Government Data Camp 2011 by several attendees in the GLD WG (~30 min)
- Bernadette's keynote on W3C GLD WG Status & government data as LOD
- OGD Camp 2011 Opening Keynote from Neelie Kroes, VP European Commission
- Andrew Stott on Transparency Board & UK Data Consultations
- Open Data Wish List for 2012 from OGDCamp attendees
- Open Government Data Camp 2011 Day One by Raminetinati
- Open Government Data Camp 2011 Day Two by Raminetinati
- Planning for the January 2012 F2F at DERI (Galway Ireland) (~15 min)
- Next Meeting preparation (~10 minutes)
- W3C TPAC next week 31-Oct to 4-Nov 2011.
- W3Conf: Practical Standards for Web Professionals 15-16 November 2011, Redmond, Washington USA, Info on this public conference, Registration info
- SemTech in Washington DC, USA 29 Nov to 1 Dec 2011 Sem Tech Biz DC 2011
* W3C GLD WG Second F2F, @ DERI Galway, 25-26 Jan 2012
- SemTech in Berlin, Germany 6-7 Feb 2012 Sem Tech Biz Berlin 2012
- Highly recommended article by TimBL 6-Oct-2011, Steve Jobs and the actually usable computer Steve's mantra was 'Intuitive on the outside and extensible and cool engineering on the inside.'
Scribe's End of Meeting Checklist
- Scribe's End of Meeting Checklist:
- RRSAgent, set logs world-visible
- RRSAgent, generate minutes
- Preliminary minutes are sent to http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/yyyy-mm-dd
- Go to http://www.w3.org/2009/CommonScribe/panel/?group=gld&go=Use+This+Group
- Copy IRC log and generate preview.
- Go to minutes URL (provided by RRSAgent) and select "preview nicely formatted minutes"
- Select "Save for Review/Approval"
- Weekly telecon
- eGov Activity, Open Government Data Camp 2011 review