Government Linked Data (GLD) Working Group (Closed)
This working group is now closed. This wiki and associated materials are now archived
Developing standards which help governments publish their data as effective and usable Linked Data, using Semantic Web technologies. (See Charter)
Note: the dates here are for presenting the final drafts to the Working Group. Formal publication schedule (afterwards) is available in the Timetable page for each deliverable. The content in this table is gathered from the Timetable pages of each deliverable. If you make a change here, change it there too please.
Public Review Documents
- Data Catalog Vocabulary (Last Call)
- Data Cube Vocabulary (Last Call)
- Organization Ontology (Last Call)
Please send all comments to firstname.lastname@example.org by 8 April 2013.
Detailed Links on Deliverables
- Task Force Community Directory, see Community Directory of Linked Data Providers and Projects, see also wiki page Community Directory Discussion Summary and issue tracker 
- Task Force Best Practices for Publishing Linked Data, see Best Practices for Linked Data ED, see also 
- Task Force Standard Vocabularies
- Charter 2.3.1 Data Catalog Vocabulary – DCAT FPWD, UC&R ED
- Charter 2.3.1 Asset Description Metadata Schema (ADMS) – ED RDF Schema Namespace HTML
- Charter 2.3.2 Data Cube Vocabulary – QB FPWD, UC&R ED
- Charter 2.3.3 Terms for describing people – People FPWD Please note that the WG does not expect to advance this document further under its current charter but does hope to return to it in future.
- Charter 2.3.4 Organizational Structures – ORG ED
- Charter 2.3.4 Organizational Structures – Registered Organization Vocabulary ED
- Charter 2.3.5 Geography and Spatial Information The discussion of this topic has moved to the Locations and Addresses Community Group and will not be taken further by the GLD under its current charter.
- See also the main wiki page for the Vocabulary Discussion Summary
- Linked Data Glossary, Working Note
- Linked Data Cookbook wiki Government Linked Data Cookbook
- June 2012 - SemTech 2012 San Francisco - Progress Report 2012 on Government Linked Data Worldwide from the W3C Government Linked Data Working Group.
- 10-April 2013 - European Data Forum 2013, Dublin - Delivering on Standards for Government Linked Data, a W3C Working Group Progress Report.
Group Membership and Joining
We encourage new members of the group to introduce themselves by email.
If you want to join this group, see How to Join.
If you are officially in the group, you will automatically receive group email and your w3.org login and password will work on this wiki.
The email archive for email@example.com is at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-gld-wg/.
- Please check the Scribes page
- If you will miss a meeting, put your name on Regrets
(Official Participants and invited guests only):
- Time Thursdays 14:00-15:00 UTC (10:00-11:00 Boston, 7:00-8:00 San Francisco, 15:00-16:00 London, 16:00-17:00 Paris)
- Dial +1-617-761-6200 or sip:firstname.lastname@example.org then conference code 45394# ("GLDWG")
- IRC channel: #gld.
- An agenda is sent 24 hours in advance; minutes follow within a day or two.
- F2F1: 29-30 June 2011, near Washington, DC, USA (completed)
- F2F2: 25-26 Jan 2012, DERI Galway Ireland & Washington DC (completed)
- F2F3: 11-12 April 2013, Croke Park, Dublin Ireland
W3C Working Group Resources
- Art of Consensus (guide to working at W3C) (W3C member confidential)
- World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Process Document
- All W3C Groups (W3C member confidential)
- CommonScribe (scribe tool) manual
- Basic text for conformance section of vocabularies
This Working Group operates under the W3C Patent Policy (5 February 2004 Version). To promote the widest adoption of Web standards, W3C seeks to issue Recommendations that can be implemented, according to this policy, on a Royalty-Free basis.
For more information about disclosure obligations for this group, please see the W3C Patent Policy Status Page.
Email the chairs and staff contacts at email@example.com.