From Government Linked Data (GLD) Working Group Wiki
W3C Government Linked Data Working Group First F2F June 29-30, 2011
The inaugural F2F for the W3C Government Linked Data (GLD) Working Group is open to the official participants and specifically invited guests, only. For this initial meeting, the chairs have invited as guests several people who are in the process of trying to become official participants. If you expect to attend this meeting (in person or remotely), please take a close look at the deliverables in the GLD charter.
This is important work and we hope that you'll consider sharing your expertise and use cases to support the GLD deliverables, which we hope will help to further and fulfill the pursuit of Open Government through the creation and consumption of high quality, reusable Government Linked Data.
We recommend having a working laptop with you at the meeting, and being on IRC (see below, under "Remote").
Teleconference: W3C's "Zakim" Bridge +1.617.761.6200 (or SIP), conference code 45394# ("GLDWG#"). Please do not announce yourself; your presence will be automatically announced on the IRC channel, although you might not be identified. Telephone keypad commands are: 61# mute on, 60# mute off, 41# raise hand (request to speak), 40# lower hand (cancel request to speak).
IRC: We strongly recommend being on IRC: irc.w3.org], port 6665, channel #gld. You can use our web interface: http://irc.w3.org, or your own IRC client. Public messages on IRC (but not "/me" actions) are part of the public record of the meeting. Do not expect everyone to read what you write on IRC. IRC command "q+" to request to speak (be added to the speaker queue), "q-" to cancel request to speak.
WebShare: This is experimental and might not be used. http://dhhsofsec.adobeconnect.com/gld/ . Provide your name and affiliation when you log in as Guest.
WebCam: This is experimental and might not work: http://www.w3.org/People/Sandro/webcam If it works, it will show one or maybe two views of the meeting room.
See F2F1 Attendance.
Day 1 Morning Session -- Wednesday 29 June 2011, 08:30 EDT
- 8:30 - 9:00 - Check-in & registration, make new friends, (BYOC - bring your own coffee)
- 9:00 - 10:00 - Opening Remarks
- Introduce Yourself
- Sandro Hawke, W3C Getting Started at W3C
- 10:00 - 10:20 - Charter Review by W3C Staff & co-chairs
- 10:20 - 10:30 - Break
- 10:30 - 12:30 - Series of ~10 minute briefs.
- The briefs are intended to provide context on specific GLD Charter Deliverables for the benefit of participants to better understand the topic/deliverable.
- Please edit this page to link to your presentation slides, or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Richard Cyganiak, DCAT and VOID vocab
- Richard Cyganiak, Statistical Data Cube vocab
- Kevin Merritt, Data.gov NG
- Todd Pehle, Geographic Information in Government Linked Data
- Jeanne Holm, Data.gov
- 12:30-13:45 - Lunch on your own (local search)
Day 1 Afternoon Session -- Wednesday 29 June 2011, 13:35 EDT
- 13:40 - 14:40 -
- Dave Smith, EPA Linked Data
- Irene Polikoff, Linked Data Practices
- Dave Wood, URI Design & PURLs
- Greg Williams, RDF Converter URIs and International Catalog
- Bob DuCharme, SKOS presentation
- (Bernadette Hyland, 3RoundStones, LOD Cookbook)
- 14:45 - 15:15 - Discussion of Charter items
- 15:15 - 15:45 - Socialize/break
- 15:45 - 16:30 - Break out sessions (Community Directory items #1-#4)
- 16:30 - 17:00 - re-group/wrap up Day #1
- Unofficial group dinner is likely for people who are available
Day 2 Morning Session -- Thursday 30 June 2011, 08:30 EDT
- 8:30 - Check-in, make new friends, (BYOC - bring your own coffee)
- 9:00 - 9:30 - recap of Day #1, agenda update for Day #2
- 9:30 - 10:20 - Presentation Briefs
- John Sheridan, Data.gov.uk Slides (PDF)
- John Sheridan, Organogram and Legislation.gov.uk (vocabs and best practices)
- Boris Villazon Terrazas, Government Linked Data Research Projects in Spain
- Hadley Beeman, LinkedGov presentation
- Anne Washington, On Legacy Data & Stability of Gov't Linked Data
- 10:20 - 10:30 - Break
- 10:30 - 12:40 -
- Michael Aisenberg, Predicate for Privacy: Overview of Privacy considerations in Linked Data
- Cory Casanave, Solving the Data Problem
- Tope Omitola, Provenance Models for Linking Data
- Yigal Arens The effect of government support for e-government research
- Irene P, Linked Data Models
- (Dan Brickley, FOAF - to be rescheduled for GLD weekly call presentation)
- (Atanas "Naso" Kiryakov on Platform used for Gov't Linked Data)
- 12:40-13:40 - Lunch on your own
Day 2 Afternoon Session -- Thursday 30 June 2011, 13:40 EDT
- 13:40 - 15:00 - Discussion of Charter items
- 15:00 - 15:20 - Break / socialize
- 15:30 - 16:00 - Review of Charter Schedule, Milestones & Timeline
- 16:00 - 16:30 - re-group/wrap up Day #2
Location details & registration info for the inaugural F2F, see See: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/F2F1.
- We're expecting approx 30 people present with about 15 people dialing in remotely.
- People outside US timezones are encouraged to present earlier in the day to assist with time zone continuity during working hours. This may help all but the Aussies, sorry.
- As a courtesy to all attendees, especially those calling in, please put your presentation somewhere on the Web as HTML or PDF (and other formats, if you want), and edit your entry in this agenda to link to it. If you don't have your own web space, you can mail it to email@example.com and it will appear in the archives.