Chatlog 2013-02-14

From Government Linked Data (GLD) Working Group Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

See original RRSAgent log or preview nicely formatted version.

Please justify/explain all edits to this page, in your "edit summary" text.

15:00:03 <RRSAgent> RRSAgent has joined #gld
15:00:03 <RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2013/02/14-gld-irc
15:00:05 <ericstephan> ericstephan has joined #GLD
15:00:05 <trackbot> RRSAgent, make logs world
15:00:05 <Zakim> Zakim has joined #gld
15:00:07 <trackbot> Zakim, this will be GLD
15:00:07 <Zakim> ok, trackbot, I see T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM already started
15:00:08 <trackbot> Meeting: Government Linked Data Working Group Teleconference
15:00:08 <trackbot> Date: 14 February 2013
15:00:21 <Zakim> - +1.540.898.aabb
15:00:32 <BenediktKaempgen> BenediktKaempgen has joined #gld
15:00:32 <DeirdreLee> DeirdreLee has joined #gld
15:00:38 <Zakim> -??P6
15:00:49 <Zakim> +OpenLink_Software
15:01:04 <Zakim> + +1.540.898.aacc
15:01:06 <TallTed> Zakim, OpenLink_Software is temporarily me
15:01:06 <Zakim> +TallTed; got it
15:01:07 <TallTed> Zakim, mute me
15:01:07 <Zakim> TallTed should now be muted
15:01:11 <Zakim> + +1.440.389.aadd
15:01:12 <bhyland> zakim, aacc is me
15:01:12 <Zakim> +bhyland; got it
15:01:17 <martin_> martin_ has joined #gld
15:01:18 <Zakim> +[IPcaller]
15:01:27 <HadleyBeeman> zakim, aadd is me
15:01:28 <Zakim> +HadleyBeeman; got it
15:01:31 <Zakim> +??P17
15:01:39 <TallTed> TallTed has changed the topic to: Topic: Govt Linked Data WG - http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/ - agenda http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon20130214
15:01:40 <Zakim> +??P18
15:01:52 <bhyland> Meeting: GLD
15:01:53 <Zakim> -??P18
15:01:53 <DaveReynolds> DaveReynolds has joined #gld
15:01:58 <BenediktKaempgen> Zakim, +??P17 is \me
15:01:58 <Zakim> sorry, BenediktKaempgen, I do not recognize a party named '+??P17'
15:01:59 <fadmaa> hello all am still having problems joining the call
15:02:06 <bhyland> chair: HadleyBeeman
15:02:11 <Zakim> +??P7
15:02:13 <BenediktKaempgen> Zakim, ??P17 is \me
15:02:13 <Zakim> +\me; got it
15:02:16 <JoaoPauloAlmeida> ??P7 is me
15:02:18 <bhyland> Agenda: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon20130214
15:02:27 <BenediktKaempgen> Zakim, ??P17 is BenediktKaempgen
15:02:27 <Zakim> I already had ??P17 as me, BenediktKaempgen
15:02:30 <Zakim> + +33.4.93.00.aaee
15:02:30 <JoaoPauloAlmeida> Zakim, ??P7 is me
15:02:30 <bhyland> zakim, who is on the call
15:02:31 <Zakim> +JoaoPauloAlmeida; got it
15:02:31 <Zakim> I don't understand 'who is on the call', bhyland
15:02:37 <bhyland> zakim, who is on the call?
15:02:38 <Zakim> On the phone I see +1.509.967.aaaa, TallTed (muted), bhyland, HadleyBeeman, james, me, JoaoPauloAlmeida, +33.4.93.00.aaee
15:02:44 <Zakim> +??P18
15:02:53 <martin_> zakim, ??p18 is me
15:02:53 <Zakim> +martin_; got it
15:02:56 <BenediktKaempgen> Zakim, me is BenediktKaempgen
15:02:56 <Zakim> +BenediktKaempgen; got it
15:02:59 <bhyland> zakim, aaaa is ericstephan
15:02:59 <Zakim> +ericstephan; got it
15:03:00 <Zakim> +[IPcaller]
15:03:13 <gatemezi> Zakim, aaee is me
15:03:15 <Zakim> +gatemezi; got it
15:03:30 <bhyland> zakim, aaee is gatemezi
15:03:30 <Zakim> sorry, bhyland, I do not recognize a party named 'aaee'
15:04:00 <gatemezi> Zakim, +33.4.93.00.aaee is me
15:04:00 <Zakim> sorry, gatemezi, I do not recognize a party named '+33.4.93.00.aaee'
15:04:01 <DeirdreLee> Hi, I'm having trouble dialling in
15:04:45 <Zakim> + +3539149aaff
15:04:50 <bhyland> zakim, who is on the call?
15:04:50 <Zakim> On the phone I see ericstephan, TallTed (muted), bhyland, HadleyBeeman, james, BenediktKaempgen, JoaoPauloAlmeida, gatemezi, martin_, DaveReynolds, +3539149aaff
15:05:12 <bhyland> zakim, aaff is deirdrelee
15:05:12 <Zakim> +deirdrelee; got it
15:06:51 <Zakim> + +35386100aagg
15:06:59 <gatemezi> Scribe: gatemezi
15:07:02 <fadmaa> Zakim, +353 is me
15:07:02 <Zakim> +fadmaa; got it
15:07:08 <fadmaa> Zakim, mute me
15:07:08 <Zakim> fadmaa should now be muted
15:07:22 <gatemezi> Chair: HadleyBeeman
15:08:28 <gatemezi> Topic: Mercurial Issue
15:08:54 <bhyland> Here is the problem, identified by DaveR:
15:08:54 <bhyland> There actually seem to be three heads in the repository at the moment. So are there are two problematic checkins, not just one.
15:08:54 <bhyland> 
15:08:54 <bhyland> Using "hg heads" on a fresh clone I see:
15:08:54 <bhyland> 
15:08:54 <bhyland> [[[
15:08:54 <bhyland> ..changeset:   266:a849bc621eb6
15:08:54 <bhyland> ..tag:         tip
15:08:55 <bhyland> ..user:        gatemezi
15:08:55 <bhyland> ..date:        Thu Feb 07 15:18:37 2013 +0100
15:08:55 <bhyland> ..summary:     test adding new respec
15:08:56 <bhyland> 
15:08:56 <bhyland> ..changeset:   264:df2f123b3c12
15:08:56 <bhyland> ..user:        bkaempge
15:08:57 <bhyland> date:        Sat Feb 02 13:06:39 2013 +0100
15:08:57 <bhyland> summary:     Added change to respec usage as Richard suggested.
15:08:57 <bhyland> 
15:08:58 <bhyland> ..changeset:   244:903d84fc1644
15:08:58 <bhyland> ..user:        agipap <mailto:apapant@medialab.ntua.gr>
15:08:58 <bhyland> date:        Thu Oct 25 16:22:59 2012 +0300
15:08:59 <bhyland> summary:     made a new verion of the exemplary RDF file
15:08:59 <bhyland> ]]]
15:09:08 <james> james has joined #gld
15:10:35 <gatemezi> DaveReynolds: We have to solve the issues... merge the two branches to one piece
15:10:38 <bhyland> For clarification, we haven't lost anything.
15:11:38 <james> james has joined #gld
15:11:53 <bhyland> The good news is, each of the people were working on different docs.
15:12:02 <HadleyBeeman> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2013-01-24
15:12:10 <gatemezi> bhyland : Dave will look at the problem much in detail
15:12:19 <bhyland> DaveR agreed to look at the various heads tonight & contact owners if there are any issues
15:12:32 <bhyland> +1
15:12:44 <DaveReynolds> +1
15:13:03 <gatemezi> +1
15:13:12 <bhyland> There is a new member on the call, ericstephan ...
15:13:12 <BenediktKaempgen> +1
15:13:37 <gatemezi> Topic: New on the call
15:13:44 <BartvanLeeuwen> BartvanLeeuwen has joined #gld
15:13:58 <gatemezi> Zakim, who is speaking?
15:14:09 <Zakim> gatemezi, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: HadleyBeeman (37%), gatemezi (9%)
15:14:23 <bhyland> +1
15:14:29 <bhyland> +q
15:14:41 <gatemezi> Eric presented himself.
15:15:17 <gatemezi> Topic: Review of the timeline
15:15:46 <Zakim> +??P32
15:15:56 <BartvanLeeuwen> Zakim, ??P32 is me
15:15:56 <Zakim> +BartvanLeeuwen; got it
15:15:56 <bhyland> For everyone's benefit, here is the W3C process timeline:
15:15:57 <bhyland> With all things going well:
15:15:57 <bhyland> Once at LC, it takes 6 weeks
15:15:57 <bhyland> Once at CR, it takes 6 weeks - if we got to CR, we could get an extension.
15:15:57 <bhyland> Once at TR, it takes 6 weeks
15:16:11 <gatemezi> HadleyBeeman: we have to review our work from now till the end of our group
15:16:51 <gatemezi> Topic: ORG to CR by May (DaveR)
15:17:04 <Zakim> -gatemezi
15:17:32 <Zakim> -JoaoPauloAlmeida
15:17:56 <Zakim> +??P7
15:18:03 <JoaoPauloAlmeida> Zakim, ??P7 is me
15:18:03 <Zakim> +JoaoPauloAlmeida; got it
15:18:25 <Zakim> +gatemezi
15:19:05 <Yigal> Yigal has joined #gld
15:19:27 <HadleyBeeman> bhyland: We have a lot of deliverables.  We should realise we won't get them all to Rec, but we do have some within striking distance.  Especially Cube and DCAT to last call and ORG and REGORG to working group note.
15:19:29 <gatemezi> bhyland: we need acceleration to have DQ and DCAT to have ready for end of May
15:20:18 <Zakim> +[IPcaller]
15:20:30 <Yigal> zakim, IPcaller is me
15:20:30 <Zakim> +Yigal; got it
15:20:32 <MakxDekkers> MakxDekkers has joined #gld
15:21:17 <gatemezi> ...We have to be sure to have things done..
15:21:32 <BenediktKaempgen> +1 to get things done for QB until the end of WG
15:21:33 <TallTed> TallTed has joined #gld
15:21:41 <gatemezi> Zakim, who is here?
15:21:41 <Zakim> On the phone I see ericstephan, TallTed (muted), bhyland, HadleyBeeman, james, BenediktKaempgen, martin_, DaveReynolds, deirdrelee, fadmaa (muted), BartvanLeeuwen,
15:21:45 <Zakim> ... JoaoPauloAlmeida, gatemezi, Yigal
15:21:45 <Zakim> On IRC I see TallTed, Yigal, BartvanLeeuwen, james, DaveReynolds, martin_, DeirdreLee, BenediktKaempgen, Zakim, ericstephan, RRSAgent, fadmaa, JoaoPauloAlmeida, HadleyBeeman,
15:21:45 <Zakim> ... gatemezi, bhyland, trackbot, sandro
15:21:53 <MakxDekkers> MakxDekkers has joined #gld
15:22:07 <bhyland> Small correction: RegOrg only as a possible Working Note.
15:22:10 <DaveReynolds> q+
15:22:20 <BenediktKaempgen> +1 to not overly extending WG
15:22:23 <bhyland> ack bhyland
15:22:30 <DaveReynolds> ack me
15:22:42 <bhyland> Summary of my points:
15:22:53 <bhyland> Get Cube to LC ASAP, get to CR by end of May.
15:22:53 <gatemezi> HadleyBeeman:  ORG ready for end of May as Candidate REC ?
15:23:12 <bhyland> Get DCAT to LC ASAP, possible to CR by end of May
15:23:19 <gatemezi> Dave: Yes, we can make it! It will depends on  the discussion
15:23:33 <bhyland> Get ORG to CR, get ORG to TR by end of May
15:24:17 <HadleyBeeman>  W3C process: http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/tr
15:24:28 <bhyland> Per W3C staffer:
15:24:28 <bhyland> With all things going well:
15:24:28 <bhyland> Once at LC, it takes 6 weeks
15:24:28 <bhyland> Once at CR, it takes 6 weeks - if we got to CR, we could get an extension.
15:24:28 <bhyland> Once at TR, it takes 6 weeks
15:24:36 <HadleyBeeman> 7.1.2 Maturity Levels of the Recommendation Track
15:24:36 <HadleyBeeman> In addition to Working Drafts that are meant to advance to Recommendation, the other maturity levels of the Recommendation Track are:
15:24:36 <HadleyBeeman> Candidate Recommendation (CR)
15:24:36 <HadleyBeeman> A Candidate Recommendation is a document that W3C believes has been widely reviewed and satisfies the Working Group's technical requirements. W3C publishes a Candidate Recommendation to gather implementation experience.
15:24:37 <HadleyBeeman> Proposed Recommendation (PR)
15:24:37 <HadleyBeeman> A Proposed Recommendation is a mature technical report that, after wide review for technical soundness and implementability, W3C has sent to the W3C Advisory Committee for final endorsement.
15:24:37 <HadleyBeeman> W3C Recommendation (REC)
15:24:38 <HadleyBeeman> A W3C Recommendation is a specification or set of guidelines that, after extensive consensus-building, has received the endorsement of W3C Members and the Director. W3C recommends the wide deployment of its Recommendations. Note: W3C Recommendations are similar to the standards published by other organizations.
15:26:48 <gatemezi> bhyland: We need to have feedbacks from the the rest of the group...Isn't it better to publish ORG and have CR?
15:27:43 <james> james has joined #gld
15:28:02 <HadleyBeeman> q+
15:28:43 <MakxDekkers_> MakxDekkers_ has joined #gld
15:28:59 <HadleyBeeman> http://www.w3.org/2005/08/01-transitions.html
15:30:06 <Zakim> + +3858455aahh
15:30:42 <MakxDekkers_> zakim aahh is me
15:30:48 <gatemezi> HadleyBeeman: there is a transition meeting where we prepare existing implementations and maybe future objections
15:31:59 <ericstephan> q+
15:32:03 <HadleyBeeman> q-
15:32:38 <martin_> \me Apologies, I have to leave.
15:32:52 <Zakim> -martin_
15:32:56 <martin_> martin_ has left #gld
15:33:21 <Zakim> -JoaoPauloAlmeida
15:33:34 <Zakim> +??P7
15:33:41 <JoaoPauloAlmeida> Zakim, ??P7 is me
15:33:41 <Zakim> +JoaoPauloAlmeida; got it
15:34:04 <gatemezi> bhyland: we need more commitments to have ORG ready before May
15:34:10 <bhyland> ack bhyland
15:34:57 <BenediktKaempgen> +q
15:35:16 <HadleyBeeman> ack ericstephan
15:36:03 <james> ack james
15:36:23 <gatemezi> ericstephan: It is important to push the publication of our vocabs...he volunteers to review ORG
15:36:37 <gatemezi> s/vocabs/ORG
15:36:38 <HadleyBeeman> ericstephan: can be an implementation of ORG as well
15:37:12 <DaveReynolds> Thanks to James and Eric, implementation evidence would be great!
15:37:31 <gatemezi> BenediktKaempgen: How to help Dave with the next steps? creating a UCs ?
15:38:36 <bhyland> Topic: Cube
15:39:13 <bhyland> If we have a hope of getting Cube to CR by end of May, we need to get Cube to LC ASAP.  DaveReynolds agreed to have a look and swap in Cube issues
15:39:18 <gatemezi> Dave: will go throw the differents issues btw Cube and ORG and get agreement
15:39:29 <bhyland> q+
15:39:47 <BenediktKaempgen> ack me
15:40:10 <bhyland> ack bhyland
15:40:37 <gatemezi> +1 to this priority: ORG, Cube and DCAT
15:40:48 <ericstephan> +
15:40:57 <BartvanLeeuwen> +1
15:41:24 <gatemezi> BenediktKaempgen: commits to put more time in Cube in the coming weeks
15:42:31 <gatemezi> Zakim, mute me
15:42:31 <Zakim> gatemezi should now be muted
15:42:49 <bhyland> May I put a fine point on this in direct American style?  There is urgency to getting LC in a week.
15:44:58 <JoaoPauloAlmeida> Do we really need another LC on ORG?
15:45:10 <bhyland> DaveR: There is no possibility of Cube getting to LC in a week
15:45:48 <james> james has joined #gld
15:45:58 <BartvanLeeuwen> +q
15:46:03 <ericstephan> I will look into getting additional external reviewers on cube if that would be helpful
15:46:53 <gatemezi> HadleyBeeman: LC of Cube at the beginning of March?
15:47:46 <bhyland> yes
15:49:00 <Zakim> -JoaoPauloAlmeida
15:49:22 <Zakim> +??P7
15:49:32 <JoaoPauloAlmeida> Zakim, ??P7 is me
15:49:32 <Zakim> +JoaoPauloAlmeida; got it
15:49:55 <gatemezi> ACTION: DaveReynolds to contact Richard to review Cube to have Cube ready for March, 8th
15:49:55 <trackbot> Error finding 'DaveReynolds'. You can review and register nicknames at <http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/users>.
15:49:55 <JoaoPauloAlmeida> Sorry, for some reason, I keep disconnecting.
15:50:18 <james> james has joined #gld
15:50:22 <BartvanLeeuwen> q?
15:50:23 <fadmaa> Zakim, unmute me
15:50:24 <Zakim> fadmaa should no longer be muted
15:50:48 <fadmaa> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/products/2
15:51:17 <gatemezi> Topic: DCAT
15:51:22 <MakxDekkers> MakxDekkers has joined #gld
15:51:48 <gatemezi> fadmaa: we had a meeting to resolve many issues..
15:52:02 <bhyland> ..notes there has been a lot of discussion on the list re: DCAT, which is great.  Thank you Fadi & others for focusing on this.
15:52:35 <bhyland> +1 to separate telecon
15:52:52 <BartvanLeeuwen> +1 to seperate telco as well
15:52:56 <gatemezi> ...Decide if you have a different telecon or 30 mins to resolve remaining issues?
15:53:13 <gatemezi> +1 to separate telco as well
15:54:20 <bhyland> Fadi: Thinks DCAT is in proper shape to move to LC ASAP
15:54:48 <james> james has joined #gld
15:55:26 <fadmaa> Zakim, mute me
15:55:26 <Zakim> fadmaa should now be muted
15:55:28 <BartvanLeeuwen> q-
15:55:30 <BartvanLeeuwen> -q
15:55:41 <gatemezi> Zakim, unmute me
15:55:41 <Zakim> gatemezi should no longer be muted
15:55:53 <gatemezi> Topic: Glossary and BP
15:56:03 <bhyland> Status on BP on Linked Open Data
15:56:03 <bhyland> Sandro: We haven't talked about the controversial issues
15:56:03 <bhyland> 
15:56:03 <bhyland> ..Procurement: needs editing, but have content & feedback.
15:56:03 <bhyland> ..Vocab selection: needs editing, but have content.
15:56:03 <bhyland> ..URI Construction: needs editing, but have content.
15:56:03 <bhyland> ..Versioning: RDF WG talked about this a lot and couldn't come to closure. Not addressed in GLD WG.
15:56:04 <bhyland> ..Stability: Not addressed
15:56:04 <bhyland> ..Legacy: Not addressed
15:56:04 <bhyland> ..Cookbook: Ready for review.
15:56:12 <gatemezi> s/Fadi/fadmaa
15:56:21 <JoaoPauloAlmeida> I have reviewed the Stability section as requested.
15:56:25 <cygri> cygri has joined #gld
15:56:38 <DaveReynolds> q+
15:56:58 <JoaoPauloAlmeida> I do not believe it is currently mature enough. I suggest abandoning the Stability section.
15:57:19 <JoaoPauloAlmeida> or rewriting it
15:57:30 <gatemezi> bhyland: In BP, there are some sections that need to be removed
15:57:40 <ericstephan> +q will telecon be available?
15:57:43 <BartvanLeeuwen> +1
15:57:46 <fadmaa> I am going as well
15:57:56 <gatemezi> Topic : 3F2F in Dublin
15:57:57 <DaveReynolds> I'm on the queue but have concerns about retaining procurement section of BP
15:58:00 <BartvanLeeuwen> +q
15:58:20 <DaveReynolds> Also URI guidance is being substantially reviewed in UK and you should take this into account
15:58:34 <DaveReynolds> It may be better to drop both of those sections
15:58:35 <bhyland> Topic: F2F3
15:58:39 <bhyland> See wiki page: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/F2F3
15:58:47 <ericstephan> I could do skype
15:58:53 <HadleyBeeman> The challenge with dropping URI guidance is that everyone is looking for it.
15:58:54 <DaveReynolds> If they are retained then please give us enough time to review
15:58:56 <HadleyBeeman> q?
15:59:27 <bhyland> FWIW, our Doodle poll taken showed enthusiasm but the list has been quiet since then, see http://www.doodle.com/3w7wnzy45ehn7iqi
15:59:28 <DaveReynolds> ack me
15:59:57 <BartvanLeeuwen> ack me
16:00:11 <gatemezi> Zakim, who is here?
16:00:11 <Zakim> On the phone I see ericstephan, TallTed (muted), bhyland, HadleyBeeman, james, BenediktKaempgen, DaveReynolds, deirdrelee, fadmaa (muted), BartvanLeeuwen, gatemezi, Yigal,
16:00:15 <Zakim> ... +3858455aahh, JoaoPauloAlmeida
16:00:15 <Zakim> On IRC I see cygri, james, MakxDekkers, TallTed, Yigal, BartvanLeeuwen, DaveReynolds, DeirdreLee, BenediktKaempgen, Zakim, ericstephan, RRSAgent, fadmaa, JoaoPauloAlmeida,
16:00:15 <Zakim> ... HadleyBeeman, gatemezi, bhyland, trackbot, sandro
16:00:30 <gatemezi> Bart: Do we have a specific agenda in the F2F?
16:02:21 <gatemezi> bhyland : It will be important to have things well documented for the F2F..
16:02:53 <gatemezi> ...a place also to have input for the deliverables part ..
16:02:54 <james> james has joined #gld
16:03:34 <Zakim> -BartvanLeeuwen
16:03:35 <Zakim> -ericstephan
16:03:36 <Zakim> -JoaoPauloAlmeida
16:03:36 <Zakim> -TallTed
16:03:37 <bhyland> Thank you Hadley!
16:03:38 <Yigal> Yigal has left #gld
16:03:39 <Zakim> -fadmaa
16:03:40 <BenediktKaempgen> Thanks hadley and bernadette!
16:03:41 <Zakim> -gatemezi
16:03:44 <Zakim> -BenediktKaempgen
16:03:46 <Zakim> - +3858455aahh
16:03:46 <Zakim> -james
16:03:48 <gatemezi> Zakim, who is here?
16:03:48 <Zakim> -Yigal
16:03:48 <Zakim> On the phone I see bhyland, HadleyBeeman, DaveReynolds, deirdrelee
16:03:49 <Zakim> On IRC I see james, cygri, TallTed, DaveReynolds, DeirdreLee, BenediktKaempgen, Zakim, RRSAgent, fadmaa, HadleyBeeman, gatemezi, bhyland, trackbot, sandro
16:03:51 <Zakim> -DaveReynolds
16:03:58 <Zakim> -deirdrelee
16:04:03 <DaveReynolds> DaveReynolds has left #gld
16:04:20 <gatemezi> rrsagent, generate minutes
16:04:20 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2013/02/14-gld-minutes.html gatemezi
16:04:52 <gatemezi> RRSAgent, set logs world-visible
16:05:41 <gatemezi> RRSAgent, generate minutes
16:05:41 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2013/02/14-gld-minutes.html gatemezi
16:05:52 <bhyland> Thanks Ghislain!
# SPECIAL MARKER FOR CHATSYNC.  DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE OR BELOW.  SRCLINESUSED=00000322