Chatlog 2013-01-24

From Government Linked Data (GLD) Working Group Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

See original RRSAgent log or preview nicely formatted version.

Please justify/explain all edits to this page, in your "edit summary" text.

15:00:27 <RRSAgent> RRSAgent has joined #gld
15:00:27 <RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2013/01/24-gld-irc
15:00:29 <trackbot> RRSAgent, make logs world
15:00:29 <Zakim> Zakim has joined #gld
15:00:31 <trackbot> Zakim, this will be GLD
15:00:31 <Zakim> ok, trackbot, I see T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM already started
15:00:32 <trackbot> Meeting: Government Linked Data Working Group Teleconference
15:00:32 <trackbot> Date: 24 January 2013
15:00:49 <Zakim> +davidwood
15:00:52 <bhyland> Agenda: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon20130124
15:01:02 <BenediktKaempgen> zakim, who is here?
15:01:02 <Zakim> On the phone I see HadleyBeeman, biplav, ??P16, davidwood
15:01:03 <bhyland> zakim, davidwood is me
15:01:03 <Zakim> On IRC I see RRSAgent, jpalmeida, gatemezi, Biplav, BenediktKaempgen, HadleyBeeman, bhyland, danbri, trackbot, sandro
15:01:04 <Zakim> +bhyland; got it
15:01:08 <Zakim> +Deirdre
15:01:27 <BenediktKaempgen> zakim, ??P16 is me
15:01:27 <Zakim> +BenediktKaempgen; got it
15:01:30 <cygri> cygri has joined #gld
15:01:36 <Zakim> + +33.4.93.00.aaaa
15:01:50 <Zakim> +cygri
15:01:54 <DeirdreLee> DeirdreLee has joined #gld
15:03:07 <bhyland> zakim, is on the call?
15:03:07 <Zakim> I don't understand your question, bhyland.
15:03:15 <bhyland> zakim, who is on the call?
15:03:15 <Zakim> On the phone I see HadleyBeeman, biplav, BenediktKaempgen, bhyland, Deirdre, gatemezi, cygri
15:03:31 <Zakim> +Sandro
15:03:58 <agipap> agipap has joined #gld
15:04:15 <Zakim> +??P29
15:04:32 <BenediktKaempgen> Scribe: BenediktKaempgen
15:04:35 <HadleyBeeman> zakim, who is talking?
15:04:37 <bhyland> chair: Bernadette
15:04:46 <Zakim> HadleyBeeman, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: gatemezi (24%), bhyland (42%)
15:04:50 <jpalmeida> jpalmeida
15:04:52 <bhyland> zakim, who is on the call?
15:04:52 <Zakim> On the phone I see HadleyBeeman, biplav, BenediktKaempgen, bhyland, Deirdre, gatemezi, cygri, Sandro, ??P29
15:05:09 <jpalmeida> ipcaller is jpalmeida
15:05:10 <Zakim> +Mike_Pendleton
15:05:12 <BenediktKaempgen> Meeting: GLD-WG telecon 24 Jan 2013
15:05:19 <jpalmeida> Joao Paulo
15:05:33 <cygri> zakim, ??P29 is jpalmeida
15:05:34 <Zakim> +jpalmeida; got it
15:05:36 <Mike_Pendleton> Mike_Pendleton has joined #gld
15:05:38 <Zakim> +[IPcaller]
15:05:47 <bhyland> zakim, ??P29 is jpalmeida
15:05:47 <Zakim> I already had ??P29 as jpalmeida, bhyland
15:06:11 <BenediktKaempgen> jean paul: I raised some issues about org ontology
15:06:14 <agipap> zakim, ipcaller is me
15:06:14 <Zakim> +agipap; got it
15:06:26 <BenediktKaempgen> Chair: Bernadette
15:04:10 <bhyland> Topic: New members
15:06:46 <bhyland> New members to the WG include:
15:06:46 <bhyland> Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
15:08:39 <BenediktKaempgen> bhyland: we have still new people joining, e.g., in December. Welcome!
15:08:49 <bhyland> +1
15:08:52 <BenediktKaempgen> Topic: Approve Minutes
15:04:10 <bhyland> Propose to accept last week's minutes http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2013-01-17
15:08:53 <Biplav> +1
15:08:54 <BenediktKaempgen> +1
15:08:57 <Mike_Pendleton> +1
15:09:08 <BenediktKaempgen> Agenda: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon20130124
15:09:09 <jpalmeida> I was not present but have read and agree
15:09:11 <jpalmeida> +1
15:09:49 <BenediktKaempgen> Resolved: accepted minutes
15:09:41 <bhyland> Topic: Best PRactices
15:09:42 <bhyland> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/default/bp/index.html
15:10:23 <Mike_Pendleton> I would like to support editing it
15:10:30 <Biplav> I can help edit
15:10:32 <BenediktKaempgen> bhyland: if someone would like to add something to bp document, please speak up
15:10:33 <Makx> Makx has joined #gld
15:10:34 <jpalmeida> We will review to see whether we can contribute
15:10:40 <bhyland> q?
15:12:07 <BenediktKaempgen> bhyland: will hopefully still input some information about a real-world example
15:12:18 <BenediktKaempgen> Topic: Glossary
15:12:32 <bhyland> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/default/glossary/index.html
15:12:46 <TallTed> TallTed has joined #gld
15:12:52 <cygri> q+
15:13:07 <BenediktKaempgen> bhyland: please e-mail me if you have any comments.
15:13:33 <BenediktKaempgen> cygri: what is the plan with the glossary after the wg comes to an end?
15:13:38 <Makx> hi all, i am on IRC but can't get a voice connection. problem on my end so it seems. working on it.
15:13:45 <Mike_Pendleton> q+
15:13:54 <BenediktKaempgen> bhyland: we were discussing it months ago whether to publish a wg note or wiki.
15:14:33 <Zakim> +OpenLink_Software
15:14:45 <BenediktKaempgen> Sandro: We discussed to publish it as a wg note so that it can be taken over by another wg afterwards.
15:14:52 <TallTed> Zakim, OpenLink_Software is temporarily me
15:14:52 <Zakim> +TallTed; got it
15:14:54 <TallTed> Zakim, mute me
15:14:54 <Zakim> TallTed should now be muted
15:15:40 <BenediktKaempgen> ACTION: Bhyland to Check back with W3C people about Glossary issue
15:15:40 <trackbot> Created ACTION-95 - Check back with W3C people about Glossary issue [on Bernadette Hyland - due 2013-01-31].
15:16:03 <BenediktKaempgen> @bhyland: is that action fine?
15:19:03 <BenediktKaempgen> mike_Pendleton: How about putting it into one bigger glossary and simply point to it from other sources?
15:18:42 <HadleyBeeman> +1 to having only one glossary
15:16:27 <BenediktKaempgen> Topic: DCAT
15:16:38 <Zakim> -gatemezi
15:16:43 <BenediktKaempgen> cygri: will check back with fadi
15:16:49 <makx> makx has joined #gld
15:16:57 <bhyland> q?
15:18:00 <BenediktKaempgen> bhyland: feels that we are close with DCAT and suggests to get it out to the next step (last call) rather soon
15:19:04 <TallTed> TallTed has changed the topic to: Govt Linked Data WG - http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/ - Agenda: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon20130124
15:19:28 <Zakim> -jpalmeida
15:20:03 <Zakim> + +3858514aabb
15:20:29 <Zakim> +??P29
15:20:30 <TallTed> Zakim, who's noisy?
15:20:40 <jpalmeida> ??P29 is jpalmeida
15:20:41 <Zakim> TallTed, listening for 10 seconds I could not identify any sounds
15:20:43 <BenediktKaempgen> Topic: F2F
15:20:50 <BenediktKaempgen> +q
15:21:07 <TallTed> Zakim, who's here?
15:21:07 <Zakim> On the phone I see HadleyBeeman, biplav, BenediktKaempgen, bhyland, Deirdre, cygri, Sandro, Mike_Pendleton, agipap, TallTed (muted), +3858514aabb, ??P29
15:21:10 <Zakim> On IRC I see makx, TallTed, Mike_Pendleton, agipap, DeirdreLee, cygri, Zakim, RRSAgent, jpalmeida, gatemezi, Biplav, BenediktKaempgen, HadleyBeeman, bhyland, danbri, trackbot,
15:21:10 <Zakim> ... sandro
15:21:18 <BenediktKaempgen> do not understand well due to noise
15:21:23 <Zakim> - +3858514aabb
15:22:02 <Zakim> + +8561729aacc
15:22:12 <makx> should be me
15:22:21 <makx> having bad line today
15:22:33 <TallTed> Zakim, aacc is makx
15:22:33 <Zakim> +makx; got it
15:22:38 <BenediktKaempgen> bhyland: will create f2f wiki page asap
15:22:51 <TallTed> Zakim, ??p29 is jpalmeida
15:22:52 <Zakim> +jpalmeida; got it
15:22:57 <bhyland> Topic: http://www.data-forum.eu/
15:23:02 <bhyland> EU Data Forum
15:23:21 <DeirdreLee> updated url: http://2013.data-forum.eu/
15:23:26 <makx> I will not be in Dublin
15:23:31 <makx> for EDF
15:24:12 <BenediktKaempgen> bhyland: hope it is clear that we are doing the f2f just before or after the EDF.
15:24:23 <bhyland> Deirdre is organizing our venue in Dublin …
15:25:05 <gatemezi> @Deirdre: what is the difference between the 2 links?
15:25:10 <BenediktKaempgen> DeirdreLee: To held the f2f at the same place at the EDF, that may be much more expensive than to do it somewhere else in Dublin
15:25:51 <BenediktKaempgen> bhyland: the poll showed that the day after the EDF would be best
15:26:09 <BenediktKaempgen> bhyland: up for discussion whether to meet for one or two days f2f
15:26:15 <HadleyBeeman> If we have two days, we could look at actually working together, rather than just reviewing progress?  (If that would be helpful?)
15:26:43 <BenediktKaempgen> DeirdreLee: On the website of EDF, you also find information about hotels etc.
15:26:51 <bhyland> Encourage everyone to register for the EU Data Forum asap, it is free.  Seee http://2013.data-forum.eu/
15:27:15 <Zakim> +gatemezi
15:27:54 <BenediktKaempgen> ACTION: DeirdreLee to Find venue for f2f on 11 and/or 12 April 2013 in Dublin
15:27:54 <trackbot> Error finding 'DeirdreLee'. You can review and register nicknames at <http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/users>.
15:28:10 <bhyland> Calls for contribution, see http://2013.data-forum.eu/news/european-data-forum-2013-call-contribution
15:28:16 <bhyland> Not a conference per se.
15:28:26 <Yigal> Yigal has joined #gld
15:28:29 <bhyland> Please contribute research topics & use cases
15:28:45 <bhyland> Some invited experts from industry are included in the agenda
15:28:56 <bhyland> Open data, linked data, etc are all topics.
15:29:22 <bhyland> Prime Minister of Ireland and Vice President of EU Commission will be opening the conference
15:29:49 <Zakim> +[IPcaller]
15:29:52 <bhyland> FYR
15:29:53 <bhyland> Further Information about the European Data Forum
15:29:53 <bhyland> EDF2013 website: http://2013.data-forum.eu/
15:29:53 <bhyland> Overall EDF website: http://www.data-forum.eu/
15:29:53 <bhyland> LinkedIn Group: http://bit.ly/linkedin-EDF
15:29:53 <bhyland> Twitter https://twitter.com/#%21/EUDataForum
15:29:53 <bhyland> hashtag #EDF2013
15:30:01 <Yigal> zakim, IPcaller is me
15:30:01 <Zakim> +Yigal; got it
15:30:07 <bhyland> Companies will be showcasing apps
15:30:10 <BenediktKaempgen> DeirdreLee: Will be lot of invited speakers (e.g., industry and academia) and call for contributions (mainl on Big Data up-take, Big Data challenges, Linked Data, of course...). Vice President of EC commission Neely Kroes is invited.
15:30:25 <bhyland> Q) Anyone interested in a GLD WG presentation??
15:30:46 <HadleyBeeman> Sure, I think that would be useful
15:30:49 <DeirdreLee> Call for Contributions http://2013.data-forum.eu/news/european-data-forum-2013-call-contribution
15:30:57 <BenediktKaempgen> DeirdreLee: Encourages everyone to show LD deployments. Also, GLD could present their results.
15:31:03 <gatemezi> +1 for haaving a presentation of GLD WG during the meeting
15:31:44 <BenediktKaempgen> Sandro: Great opportunity for GLD stakeholder meeting. Invite people to a meeting, receive feedback from them.
15:32:00 <tinagheen> tinagheen has joined #gld
15:32:03 <Zakim> +[LC]
15:32:08 <BenediktKaempgen> Sandro: discussions about issues and deliverables.
15:32:12 <tinagheen> Zakim, [LC] is me
15:32:12 <Zakim> +tinagheen; got it
15:33:10 <BenediktKaempgen> bhyland: will send an email to contribute to GLD presentation at EDF with demonstrations, deployments, lessons learned...
15:33:28 <BenediktKaempgen> s/will send an email/will send an email to GLD group
15:33:35 <DeirdreLee> Q+
15:33:46 <BenediktKaempgen> Sandro: In particular QB could be interesting.
15:34:27 <bhyland> Bern: Shouldn't we reach out to the CKAN/OKF people on this conference & confirm someone is attending ...
15:34:32 <BenediktKaempgen> DeirdreLee: bear in mind that many people at EDF might not have a high technical background
15:35:45 <Zakim> -jpalmeida
15:36:10 <bhyland> q?
15:36:16 <cygri> ack me
15:36:18 <bhyland> ack cygri
15:36:19 <DeirdreLee> q-
15:36:23 <bhyland> ack Mike_Pendleton
15:36:29 <DeirdreLee> ack deirdrelee
15:36:34 <Biplav> q+
15:36:35 <bhyland> ack BenediktKaempgen
15:36:36 <Zakim> +??P0
15:36:44 <jpalmeida> zakim, +??P0 is jpalmeida
15:36:44 <Zakim> sorry, jpalmeida, I do not recognize a party named '+??P0'
15:36:58 <jpalmeida> Zakim, who is on the call?
15:36:58 <Zakim> On the phone I see HadleyBeeman, biplav, BenediktKaempgen, bhyland, Deirdre, cygri, Sandro, Mike_Pendleton, agipap, TallTed (muted), makx, gatemezi, Yigal, tinagheen, ??P0
15:37:11 <jpalmeida> Zakim, ??P0 is jpalmeida
15:37:11 <Zakim> +jpalmeida; got it
15:37:52 <jpalmeida> Joao Paulo
15:38:02 <BenediktKaempgen> Benedikt: Sorry, cannot make the F2F or EDF in person but try to logon via remote call.
15:38:27 <bhyland> q?
15:38:33 <jpalmeida> I was not on the queu
15:38:34 <jpalmeida> e
15:38:48 <bhyland> Topic: data.gov.in
15:39:15 <BenediktKaempgen> Biplav: they are publishing data and are looking for scenarios around which people can create applications.
15:40:48 <BenediktKaempgen> .. it would be nice to hear from best practices, e.g., from data.gov.uk, about Governement Linked Open Data applications.
15:41:11 <BenediktKaempgen> bhyland: encourages biplav to reach out to data.gov.uk people
15:42:43 <BenediktKaempgen> Biplav: asking for more general application patterns
15:44:01 <bhyland> q?
15:44:09 <bhyland> ack Biplav
15:46:00 <BenediktKaempgen> bhyland: looking forward to feedback for glossary and bp, but not so much about formatting stuff
15:45:24 <bhyland> adjourned
15:45:35 <makx> bye talk to you all next week
15:45:43 <jpalmeida> thx, bye
15:45:43 <Biplav> Thanks
15:45:46 <Zakim> -HadleyBeeman
15:45:47 <Zakim> -Mike_Pendleton
15:45:47 <Zakim> -TallTed
15:45:48 <Zakim> -cygri
15:45:48 <Zakim> -bhyland
15:45:48 <Zakim> -Deirdre
15:45:49 <Zakim> -makx
15:45:49 <Zakim> -tinagheen
15:45:49 <Zakim> -Yigal
15:45:51 <Zakim> -gatemezi
15:45:51 <Zakim> -Sandro
15:45:51 <Zakim> -agipap
15:45:51 <Zakim> -BenediktKaempgen
15:45:54 <Yigal> Yigal has left #gld
15:45:55 <Zakim> -jpalmeida
15:45:57 <agipap> agipap has left #gld
15:45:58 <Zakim> -biplav
15:45:59 <Zakim> T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM has ended
15:45:59 <Zakim> Attendees were biplav, HadleyBeeman, bhyland, Deirdre, BenediktKaempgen, cygri, gatemezi, Sandro, Mike_Pendleton, jpalmeida, agipap, TallTed, +3858514aabb, +8561729aacc, makx,
15:45:59 <Zakim> ... Yigal, tinagheen
15:46:00 <bhyland> Thanks Deirdre for all your help with Dublin meeting & sharing about EDF!
15:46:33 <BenediktKaempgen> RRSAgent, set logs world-visible
15:46:50 <BenediktKaempgen> RRSAgent, generate minutes
15:46:50 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2013/01/24-gld-minutes.html BenediktKaempgen
15:47:10 <HadleyBeeman> HadleyBeeman has left #gld
15:48:13 <JoaoPauloAlmeida> JoaoPauloAlmeida has joined #gld
# SPECIAL MARKER FOR CHATSYNC.  DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE OR BELOW.  SRCLINESUSED=00000234