Chatlog 2012-03-29

From Government Linked Data (GLD) Working Group Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

See original RRSAgent log or preview nicely formatted version.

Please justify/explain all edits to this page, in your "edit summary" text.

14:01:09 <RRSAgent> RRSAgent has joined #gld
14:01:09 <RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/03/29-gld-irc
14:01:11 <trackbot> RRSAgent, make logs world
14:01:13 <trackbot> Zakim, this will be GLD
14:01:13 <Zakim> ok, trackbot, I see T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM already started
14:01:14 <trackbot> Meeting: Government Linked Data Working Group Teleconference
14:01:14 <trackbot> Date: 29 March 2012
14:01:22 <Zakim> +[IPcaller]
14:01:44 <boris> zakim, ??P12 is me
14:01:44 <Zakim> +boris; got it
14:01:45 <Zakim> +lbermudez
14:01:48 <BenediktKaempgen> BenediktKaempgen has joined #gld
14:01:53 <bhyland> zakim, who is on the call?
14:01:53 <Zakim> On the phone I see +1.757.604.aaaa, davidwood, boris, Mike_P, ??P16, ??P17, [LC], BenediktKaempgen, DaveReynolds, lbermudez
14:01:57 <Zakim> -??P16
14:02:01 <cgueret> hello!
14:02:09 <GeraldSteeman> zakim, aaaa is me
14:02:09 <Zakim> +GeraldSteeman; got it
14:02:10 <Zakim> +sandro
14:02:14 <tinagheen> Zakim, [LC] is me
14:02:14 <Zakim> +tinagheen; got it
14:02:16 <BenediktKaempgen> zakim, who's here?
14:02:18 <bhyland> zakim, aaaa is GeraldSteeman
14:02:19 <Zakim> On the phone I see GeraldSteeman, davidwood, boris, Mike_P, ??P17, tinagheen, BenediktKaempgen, DaveReynolds, lbermudez, sandro
14:02:22 <Zakim> On IRC I see BenediktKaempgen, RRSAgent, Mike_Pendleton, MartinKaltenboeck, Zakim, tinagheen, martin, GeraldSteeman, DaveReynolds, boris, bhyland, cgueret, BartvanLeeuwen, MacTed,
14:02:25 <Zakim> ... mhausenblas, trackbot, sandro
14:02:27 <Zakim> +??P16
14:02:30 <Zakim> sorry, bhyland, I do not recognize a party named 'aaaa'
14:02:45 <martin> zakim, ??p16 is me
14:02:45 <Zakim> +martin; got it
14:02:46 <Zakim> +??P25
14:02:47 <BenediktKaempgen> hello?
14:02:50 <lbermudez> lbermudez has joined #gld
14:02:57 <BartvanLeeuwen> Zakim, ??p25 is me
14:02:57 <Zakim> +BartvanLeeuwen; got it
14:03:11 <bhyland> zakim, who is on the call?
14:03:11 <Zakim> On the phone I see GeraldSteeman, davidwood, boris, Mike_P, ??P17, tinagheen, BenediktKaempgen, DaveReynolds, lbermudez, sandro, martin, BartvanLeeuwen
14:03:13 <BenediktKaempgen> BenediktKaempgen has joined #gld
14:03:30 <BenediktKaempgen> zakim, who's here?
14:03:30 <Zakim> On the phone I see GeraldSteeman, davidwood, boris, Mike_P, ??P17, tinagheen, BenediktKaempgen, DaveReynolds, lbermudez, sandro, martin, BartvanLeeuwen
14:03:34 <Zakim> On IRC I see BenediktKaempgen, lbermudez, RRSAgent, Mike_Pendleton, MartinKaltenboeck, Zakim, tinagheen, martin, GeraldSteeman, DaveReynolds, boris, bhyland, cgueret,
14:03:34 <Zakim> ... BartvanLeeuwen, MacTed, mhausenblas, trackbot, sandro
14:03:34 <Zakim> +??P26
14:03:56 <Zakim> +ZacharyWhitley
14:04:00 <cgueret> zakim, who's here?
14:04:00 <Zakim> On the phone I see GeraldSteeman, davidwood, boris, Mike_P, ??P17, tinagheen, BenediktKaempgen, DaveReynolds, lbermudez, sandro, martin, BartvanLeeuwen, ??P26, ZacharyWhitley
14:04:03 <PhilA2> PhilA2 has joined #gld
14:04:03 <Zakim> On IRC I see BenediktKaempgen, lbermudez, RRSAgent, Mike_Pendleton, MartinKaltenboeck, Zakim, tinagheen, martin, GeraldSteeman, DaveReynolds, boris, bhyland, cgueret,
14:04:03 <Zakim> ... BartvanLeeuwen, MacTed, mhausenblas, trackbot, sandro
14:04:11 <GeraldSteeman> TOPIC: Preliminary Items
14:04:17 <ZacharyWhitley> ZacharyWhitley has joined #gld
14:04:34 <martin> zakim, mute me
14:04:34 <Zakim> martin should now be muted
14:04:40 <Zakim> +??P33
14:05:19 <GeraldSteeman> Proposal: to accept the minutes from the 22-March-2012 meeting  http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2012-03-22
14:05:31 <Yigal> Yigal has joined #gld
14:06:05 <bhyland> Propose to accept minutes: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2012-03-22
14:06:09 <fadmaa> fadmaa has joined #gld
14:06:09 <boris> zakim, who is noisy?
14:06:13 <bhyland> zakim, who is talking?
14:06:27 <Zakim> boris, listening for 15 seconds I heard sound from the following: Mike_P (22%), GeraldSteeman (36%), davidwood (3%), DaveReynolds (60%)
14:06:33 <MartinKaltenboeck> very noisy here
14:06:40 <sandro> zakim, who is talking?
14:06:46 <Zakim> bhyland, listening for 14 seconds I heard sound from the following: davidwood (13%)
14:06:47 <boris> zakim, mute DaveReynolds
14:06:48 <Zakim> DaveReynolds should now be muted
14:06:53 <DaveReynolds> I was already muted
14:06:56 <Zakim> sandro, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: davidwood (68%)
14:07:02 <Zakim> +[IPcaller]
14:07:12 <bhyland> zakim, davidwood is me
14:07:13 <Zakim> +mhausenblas
14:07:13 <Zakim> +bhyland; got it
14:07:26 <Yigal> zakim, ipcaller is me
14:07:26 <Zakim> +Yigal; got it
14:07:49 <mhausenblas> +1
14:07:52 <martinAlvarez> +1
14:07:54 <boris> +1
14:07:55 <MartinKaltenboeck> +1
14:08:04 <GeraldSteeman> resolution: accepted minutes
14:08:18 <Zakim> -cgueret
14:08:32 <GeraldSteeman> Discuss any important and timely matters and opportunities to liaise with other WG/CG/IG 
14:08:32 <bhyland> Agenda: +1 Copenhagen event
14:08:36 <Zakim> +??P26
14:08:38 <GeraldSteeman> Thanks!
14:08:38 <MartinKaltenboeck> http://www.data-forum.eu/
14:08:53 <Zakim> + +1.806.784.aabb
14:09:18 <GeraldSteeman> TOPIC: Main Agenda: W3C Transition Process, GeoLinkedData, update on FPWDs:  http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon20120329
14:09:37 <GeraldSteeman> Four FPWD back
14:09:57 <sandro> https://www.w3.org/Guide/
14:09:59 <rreck> rreck has joined #gld
14:10:01 <GeraldSteeman> What to expect in FPWD to Rec Track Process (Sandro)
14:10:05 <bhyland> Topic: Recommendation Track Process
14:10:32 <Biplav> Biplav has joined #gld
14:10:47 <bhyland> zakim, who is on the call?
14:10:47 <Zakim> On the phone I see GeraldSteeman, bhyland, boris, Mike_P (muted), ??P17, tinagheen, BenediktKaempgen, DaveReynolds (muted), lbermudez, sandro, martin (muted), BartvanLeeuwen,
14:10:51 <BenediktKaempgen> Nice, thankgs for the link, sandro.
14:10:51 <Zakim> ... ZacharyWhitley, PhilA2, Yigal, mhausenblas, cgueret, +1.806.784.aabb
14:11:04 <Yigal> Need password...
14:11:14 <Zakim> +rreck
14:11:15 <DaveReynolds> Sandro, I have access even though I'm an IE
14:11:17 <Biplav> zakim, Biplav is also on the call
14:11:17 <Zakim> I don't understand 'Biplav is also on the call', Biplav
14:11:18 <GeraldSteeman> Invited Experts may not be able to see page.
14:11:30 <bhyland> If you cannot see the "Art of Consensus" please indicate this to the chairs so we can try to organize access for you
14:11:42 <BartvanLeeuwen> no access either
14:12:01 <GeraldSteeman> Sandro will argue to make page open.
14:12:02 <MartinKaltenboeck> no access either
14:12:12 <bhyland> Sandro: Is going to request that this page be made public as there is nothing confidential in it
14:12:36 <rreck> what is "the page" Sandro is talking about?
14:12:44 <sandro> https://www.w3.org/Guide/
14:12:46 <rreck> thanks
14:13:03 <sandro> http://services.w3.org/xslt?xmlfile=http://www.w3.org/2005/08/01-transitions.html&xslfile=http://www.w3.org/2005/08/transitions.xsl
14:13:05 <rreck> nope, me neither.
14:13:18 <MartinKaltenboeck> this one is open
14:13:51 <sandro> https://www.w3.org/2005/07/pubrules
14:13:54 <Yigal> That one's public, yes.
14:13:54 <GeraldSteeman> The Art of Consensus - https://www.w3.org/Guide/  This Guidebook is the collected wisdom of the W3C Group Chairs and other collaborators.
14:14:11 <GeraldSteeman> This resource describes the internal W3C Technical Report publication processes.
14:15:36 <mhausenblas> q+ to note that example.com as of RFC2606 http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2606 is also an exception
14:15:47 <GeraldSteeman> infrastructure is in place.  Once you figure it out, publishing goes pretty quickly.
14:15:48 <mhausenblas> q?
14:16:04 <mhausenblas> ack me
14:16:04 <Zakim> mhausenblas, you wanted to note that example.com as of RFC2606 http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2606 is also an exception
14:16:51 <GeraldSteeman> Benedikt: use example.com
14:17:04 <sandro> or example.org
14:17:06 <DaveReynolds> The Data Cube draft will need editing for that then.
14:17:26 <PhilA2> you can also use and subdomain of the (fictitious) TLD of example, i.e. foo.example is an OK domain name to use
14:17:30 <GeraldSteeman> Sandro: will need to run the checkers
14:18:03 <PhilA2> s/you can also use and subdomain of the (fictitious) TLD of example, i.e. foo.example is an OK domain name to use/you can also use any subdomain of the (fictitious) TLD of example, i.e. foo.example is an OK domain name to use/
14:18:10 <GeraldSteeman> Sandro: legalese applied and communicate with world about why are we doing this
14:19:08 <GeraldSteeman> Bernadette: Placing the work in context via abstract
14:19:34 <GeraldSteeman> Bernadette: Abstract should be solid
14:20:14 <PhilA2> action: PhilA2 to work on the abstract of DCAT
14:20:14 <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - PhilA2
14:20:23 <PhilA2> action: Phil Archer to work on the abstract of DCAT
14:20:23 <trackbot> Created ACTION-60 - Archer to work on the abstract of DCAT [on Phil Archer - due 2012-04-05].
14:21:09 <sandro> folks -- please change your Pub Date to 3 April.
14:21:09 <GeraldSteeman> Action: each leader generate a revised abstract by 20120403
14:21:09 <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - each
14:23:43 <DaveReynolds> What's the changes to the abstracts?
14:24:00 <DaveReynolds> ack me
14:24:26 <bhyland> http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/default/dcat/index.html
14:25:07 <DaveReynolds> http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/default/dcat/index.html
14:25:14 <GeraldSteeman> Action: each DaveRenolds, Mike_Pendleton,  generate a revised abstract by 20120403
14:25:14 <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - each
14:25:21 <rreck> I do not believe I am  otherwise committed, if someone needs another set of eyes please let me know.
14:25:35 <boris> http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/29a3dd6dc12c/data-cube/index.html
14:25:38 <MartinKaltenboeck> http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/default/data-cube/index.html
14:25:54 <GeraldSteeman> *Failing at creating action...
14:27:11 <GeraldSteeman> *Thanks!
14:27:12 <PhilA2> action: Dave Reynolds to generate revised abstract for Cube Vocab
14:27:12 <trackbot> Created ACTION-61 - Reynolds to generate revised abstract for Cube Vocab [on Dave Reynolds - due 2012-04-05].
14:27:40 <bhyland> q?
14:28:07 <boris> http://mccarthy.dia.fi.upm.es/ppt/GEOEG.pdf
14:28:25 <GeraldSteeman> Topic:  GeoLinkData Initiative 
14:30:15 <GeraldSteeman> *Yes, you are correct.
14:30:45 <PhilA2> action: Hausenblas to revise abstract of People vocab by 2012-04001
14:30:45 <trackbot> Created ACTION-62 - Revise abstract of People vocab by 2012-04001 [on Michael Hausenblas - due 2012-04-05].
14:32:26 <boris> http://geovocab.org/doc/neogeo/
14:32:58 <boris> UKARL
14:33:06 <BenediktKaempgen> neogeo, karlsruhe
14:33:20 <rreck> can i forward the slide URL to someone?
14:33:31 <boris> http://mccarthy.dia.fi.upm.es/ppt/GEOEG.pdf
14:34:03 <BenediktKaempgen> KIT, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (UKARL is not existing any more)
14:34:24 <bhyland> Thanks Benedikt
14:34:43 <bhyland> q?
14:35:12 <BartvanLeeuwen> q+
14:35:25 <GeraldSteeman> Bernadette: where did funding come from?
14:35:37 <PhilA2> q+ once Boris has finished but not before
14:35:56 <GeraldSteeman> ...are tools available from the project?
14:36:01 <boris> http://www.oeg-upm.net/index.php/en/downloads/151-geometry2rdf
14:36:11 <GeraldSteeman> Yes, it's available.
14:36:21 <bhyland> q?
14:36:24 <BartvanLeeuwen> ack me
14:38:03 <Biplav> q+
14:39:26 <boris> http://oegdev.dia.fi.upm.es/projects/map4rdf/
14:39:46 <boris> http://mccarthy.dia.fi.upm.es/goodrelations/#dashboard
14:41:01 <boris> http://mccarthy.dia.fi.upm.es:8181/map4rdf-0.0.3
14:41:22 <Biplav> good idea!
14:42:08 <GeraldSteeman> * with a billion countrymen?
14:42:38 <lbermudez> +1
14:43:04 <BenediktKaempgen> Thanks, Boris! 
14:43:10 <PhilA2> Thanks Boris
14:43:27 <BenediktKaempgen> +q
14:43:48 <BartvanLeeuwen> indeed great work, can't wait to get started with the dutch dataset ;)
14:44:00 <GeraldSteeman> Bernadette: Nice tools, scripts.  A great contribution to the world.
14:44:12 <cgueret> very nice work
14:45:28 <GeraldSteeman> Bernadette: Looking at integrating map4rdf at work.
14:45:40 <lbermudez> +q
14:45:41 <bhyland> q?
14:45:43 <PhilA2> q+
14:45:50 <rreck> *clap*
14:46:48 <GeraldSteeman> Biplav: Ease of use in  <industry?>?
14:47:09 <Biplav> How easy to use geo LD by a transportation operator?
14:47:36 <GeraldSteeman> Boris: should be pretty easy.
14:49:16 <GeraldSteeman> Bernadette: Callimachus is template-driven.  It looks like map4rdf can be integrated in a coupkle days and create a web 2.0 service.
14:49:18 <bhyland> q?
14:49:23 <bhyland> ack Biplav
14:49:51 <GeraldSteeman> Benedikt: document some use cases would be good.
14:50:27 <GeraldSteeman> Bernadette: Yes, please give some use cases to consider.
14:52:21 <bhyland> ack BenediktKaempgen
14:52:25 <bhyland> ack lbermudez
14:52:44 <GeraldSteeman> * Missing questions :(
14:53:31 <bhyland> @GeraldSteeman, you have the power of "Scribe Interupt" in your toolkit
14:53:41 <GeraldSteeman> *Okay.
14:54:20 <GeraldSteeman> ??: looking to gather data from many places.
14:55:10 <GeraldSteeman> *Too embarrassed, you mean.
14:55:12 <PhilA2> ack me
14:55:34 <lbermudez> Link: Look at Cross-Community Interoperability (CCI): Thread OWS-9 http://www.opengeospatial.org/projects/initiatives/ows-9
14:55:44 <GeraldSteeman> Phil: Status NeoGoe vocab.  Is it a standard as yet?
14:55:55 <bhyland> Lots of kudos to GeoLinkedData brains trust, the Ontology Engineering Group and your sponsors.
14:56:24 <lbermudez> Question 1: Are you using rules and how are you integrating different community models? 
14:56:31 <bhyland> Really nice project from a cooperation perspective, both research & government, and international involvement.
14:56:32 <mhausenblas> +q to talk about NeoGeo as well a bit
14:57:19 <bhyland> PhilA: EU sponsored projects overlap with what NeoGeo and related projects Boris mentioned today.  
14:58:01 <mhausenblas> +1 to PhilA2 suggestion
14:58:01 <BartvanLeeuwen> +1 for geo vocab
14:58:03 <bhyland> … Possible support from W3C for geospatial vocab based on work PhilA and Boris are separately involved with ...
14:58:05 <mhausenblas> q?
14:58:10 <GeraldSteeman> Phil: number of EC standards coming out.  Hope that NeoGeo would be a W3C standard
14:58:14 <cgueret> +1 for Phil
14:58:31 <lbermudez> +q
14:58:47 <bhyland> We do have this topic in our charter, see: optional: Geography, Spatial Information, such as latitude and longitude. Inputs include http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/geo/XGR-geo-ont/ the European http://inspire.jrc.ec.europa.eu/, and vocabulary elements of http://www.opengeospatial.org/projects/groups/geosparqlswg. (See http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/charter#coordination.)
14:59:10 <BartvanLeeuwen> +q
14:59:20 <GeraldSteeman> Phil: may be in good position with W3C based with option item in GLD charter.
15:00:01 <bhyland> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/default/glossary/index.html
15:00:07 <GeraldSteeman> Bernadette: leaders please check your actions.
15:00:17 <MartinKaltenboeck> how can I contribute to the glossary Bernadette?
15:00:19 <PhilA2> Also we *already* have a location vocab coming into the WG imminently - NeoGeo could be another input to create a combined vocab
15:00:29 <GeraldSteeman> TOPIC: LOD Glossary
15:00:31 <Mike_Pendleton> Q about the glossary
15:00:58 <GeraldSteeman> TOPIC: Announcements
15:01:10 <Mike_Pendleton> q?
15:01:19 <GeraldSteeman> AAAI-12, focus on "Semantic Cities". The idea of the workshop is to discuss open data and how semantics can provide a foundation to facilitate high-value analytics. See: http://research.ihost.com/semanticcities12/index.html 
15:01:29 <MartinKaltenboeck> sorry have to jump out for another meeting - bye everybody
15:01:45 <BartvanLeeuwen> q-
15:01:46 <MartinKaltenboeck> @mhausenblas thanks for EDF2012 promo
15:01:48 <MartinKaltenboeck> cheers...
15:01:49 <bhyland> bye Matin
15:01:56 <bhyland> s/Matin/Martin
15:02:06 <mhausenblas> akc me
15:02:08 <mhausenblas> ack me
15:02:15 <Mike_Pendleton> +q
15:02:16 <bhyland> ack lbermudez
15:02:40 <Zakim> mhausenblas, you wanted to talk about NeoGeo as well a bit
15:02:45 <Zakim> -??P17
15:02:59 <bhyland> ack lbermudez
15:03:26 <GeraldSteeman> Bart: A lot work and $$ in europe for linking data 
15:03:38 <Zakim> -ZacharyWhitley
15:03:52 <Mike_Pendleton> I unmuted
15:04:03 <PhilA2> zakim, unmute Mike_Pendleton
15:04:03 <Zakim> sorry, PhilA2, I do not know which phone connection belongs to Mike_Pendleton
15:04:20 <sandro> zakim, who is muted?
15:04:20 <Zakim> I see Mike_P, martin muted
15:04:20 <PhilA2> zakim, unmute all
15:04:22 <Zakim> sorry, PhilA2, I do not know which phone connection belongs to all
15:04:24 <boris> zakim, unmute all
15:04:24 <Zakim> sorry, boris, I do not know which phone connection belongs to all
15:04:45 <sandro> zakim, unmute Mike_P
15:04:45 <Zakim> Mike_P should no longer be muted
15:04:53 <cgueret> bye
15:05:10 <Zakim> -tinagheen
15:05:21 <rreck> ok bye
15:05:24 <GeraldSteeman> Mike P: Are terms is glossary tied directly to documents? 
15:05:28 <Zakim> -rreck
15:05:31 <DaveReynolds> bye
15:05:34 <BartvanLeeuwen> thx bye !
15:05:37 <Zakim> -sandro
15:05:37 <BenediktKaempgen> Thanks, bye
15:05:38 <Zakim> -DaveReynolds
15:05:38 <Zakim> -PhilA2
15:05:40 <GeraldSteeman> Bernadette: no not that tight.
15:05:40 <Yigal> Bye!
15:05:42 <mhausenblas> Michael: did my action
15:05:44 <martinAlvarez> martinAlvarez has left #gld
15:05:50 <Zakim> -BenediktKaempgen
15:05:52 <Zakim> -BartvanLeeuwen
15:05:53 <Zakim> -mhausenblas
15:05:55 <Zakim> -martin
15:05:59 <Zakim> -lbermudez
15:06:01 <Zakim> -boris
15:06:03 <mhausenblas> ACTION-62?
15:06:03 <trackbot> ACTION-62 -- Michael Hausenblas to revise abstract of People vocab by 2012-04001 -- due 2012-04-05 -- OPEN
15:06:03 <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/actions/62
15:06:11 <mhausenblas> close ACTION-62
15:06:11 <trackbot> ACTION-62 Revise abstract of People vocab by 2012-04001 closed
15:06:13 <Zakim> -Yigal
15:07:36 <Zakim> -bhyland
15:07:37 <Zakim> -GeraldSteeman
15:07:59 <Zakim> - +1.806.784.aabb
15:08:02 <bhyland> @Gerald, are you going to walk thru checklist now?
15:08:12 <GeraldSteeman> * Yes
15:08:16 <bhyland> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon20120329#Scribe.27s_End_of_Meeting_Checklist
15:08:32 <bhyland> If you get stuck, I'm standing by.
15:08:36 <bhyland> Thanks for scribing today
15:08:42 <GeraldSteeman> rrsagent, generate minutes
15:08:42 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/03/29-gld-minutes.html GeraldSteeman
15:10:11 <bhyland> RRSAgent, set logs world-visible
15:11:58 <GeraldSteeman> @bernadette, got an error with IRC copy log
15:12:10 <PhilA2> PhilA2 has left #gld
15:12:12 <bhyland> yes, I see that .. let me try ...
15:12:14 <bhyland> RRSAgent, generate minutes
15:12:14 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/03/29-gld-minutes.html bhyland
# SPECIAL MARKER FOR CHATSYNC.  DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE OR BELOW.  SRCLINESUSED=00000303