Chatlog 2012-03-08

From Government Linked Data (GLD) Working Group Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

See original RRSAgent log or preview nicely formatted version.

Please justify/explain all edits to this page, in your "edit summary" text.

15:00:43 <RRSAgent> RRSAgent has joined #gld
15:00:43 <RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/03/08-gld-irc
15:00:45 <trackbot> RRSAgent, make logs world
15:00:45 <Zakim> Zakim has joined #gld
15:00:47 <trackbot> Zakim, this will be GLD
15:00:47 <Zakim> ok, trackbot, I see T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM already started
15:00:48 <trackbot> Meeting: Government Linked Data Working Group Teleconference
15:00:48 <trackbot> Date: 08 March 2012
15:00:53 <Zakim> + +1.518.276.aadd
15:01:03 <Zakim> +sandro
15:01:07 <Zakim> + +1.267.481.aaee
15:01:17 <BenediktKaempgen> Zakim, who is there?
15:01:18 <Zakim> I don't understand your question, BenediktKaempgen.
15:01:36 <BenediktKaempgen> zakim, who's here?
15:01:36 <Zakim> On the phone I see +33.4.93.00.aabb, George_Thomas, +49.721.aacc, davidwood, +1.518.276.aadd, sandro, +1.267.481.aaee
15:01:38 <Zakim> On IRC I see RRSAgent, bhyland, gatemezi, olyerickson, cygri, MacTed, BenediktKaempgen, mhausenblas, danbri, trackbot, sandro
15:01:51 <olyerickson> Zakim, who is on the phone?
15:01:51 <Zakim> On the phone I see +33.4.93.00.aabb, George_Thomas, +49.721.aacc, davidwood, +1.518.276.aadd, sandro, +1.267.481.aaee
15:02:03 <Zakim> + +33.4.93.00.aaff
15:02:05 <BenediktKaempgen> zakim, aacc is BenediktKaempgen
15:02:05 <Zakim> +BenediktKaempgen; got it
15:02:19 <Zakim> + +3539149aagg
15:02:24 <bhyland> zakim, davidwood is me
15:02:24 <Zakim> +bhyland; got it
15:02:25 <rreck> rreck has joined #GLD
15:02:34 <Zakim> - +1.518.276.aadd
15:02:39 <lbermudez> lbermudez has joined #gld
15:02:53 <bhyland> zakim, aagg gatemezi
15:02:53 <Zakim> I don't understand 'aagg gatemezi', bhyland
15:03:06 <bhyland> zakim, aagg is gatemezi
15:03:07 <Zakim> +gatemezi; got it
15:03:13 <Zakim> + +1.518.276.aahh
15:03:18 <deirdrelee> deirdrelee has joined #gld
15:03:28 <olyerickson> zakim, aahh is me.
15:03:28 <Zakim> +olyerickson; got it
15:03:31 <sandro> zakim, who is talking?
15:03:42 <Zakim> sandro, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: bhyland (14%), +33.4.93.00.aabb (19%), olyerickson (18%), +33.4.93.00.aaff (22%), gatemezi (25%)
15:03:50 <sandro> zakim, who is talking?
15:04:00 <Zakim> +mhausenblas
15:04:00 <bhyland> zakim, who is on the call?
15:04:01 <Zakim> sandro, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: olyerickson (35%), +33.4.93.00.aaff (4%), gatemezi (8%)
15:04:01 <Zakim> On the phone I see +33.4.93.00.aabb, George_Thomas, BenediktKaempgen, bhyland, sandro, +1.267.481.aaee, +33.4.93.00.aaff, gatemezi, olyerickson, mhausenblas
15:04:06 <sandro> zakim, who is talking?
15:04:12 <mhausenblas> zakim, mute gatemezi 
15:04:12 <Zakim> gatemezi should now be muted
15:04:17 <Zakim> sandro, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: bhyland (9%), +33.4.93.00.aabb (52%), +33.4.93.00.aaff (9%)
15:04:20 <mhausenblas> zakim, unmute gatemezi 
15:04:20 <Zakim> gatemezi should no longer be muted
15:04:25 <Zakim> - +33.4.93.00.aabb
15:04:54 <olyerickson> zakim, who is on the phone?
15:04:54 <Zakim> On the phone I see George_Thomas, BenediktKaempgen, bhyland, sandro, +1.267.481.aaee, +33.4.93.00.aaff, gatemezi, olyerickson, mhausenblas
15:05:25 <bhyland> zakim, aaee is lbermudez
15:05:25 <Zakim> +lbermudez; got it
15:06:07 <gatemezi> q?
15:06:21 <sandro> zakim, gatemezi is deirdrelee 
15:06:21 <Zakim> +deirdrelee; got it
15:06:27 <Zakim> + +1.218.296.aaii
15:06:27 <George> George has joined #gld
15:06:28 <sandro> Zakim, aaff is gatemezi 
15:06:28 <Zakim> +gatemezi; got it
15:06:37 <sandro> zakim, who is on the phone?
15:06:37 <Zakim> On the phone I see George_Thomas, BenediktKaempgen, bhyland, sandro, lbermudez, gatemezi, deirdrelee, olyerickson, mhausenblas, +1.218.296.aaii
15:06:41 <bhyland> Agenda: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon20120308
15:06:53 <rreck> zakim can randomly pick someone
15:06:53 <bhyland> Scribe: George
15:06:58 <bhyland> Chair: bhyland
15:07:00 <gatemezi> @Sandro: I may have some trouble.. can you hear me?
15:07:18 <sandro> @gatemezi  I can't hear you speaking, no.
15:07:32 <Zakim> + +3539149aajj
15:07:33 <sandro> zakim, aaii is rreck 
15:07:33 <Zakim> +rreck; got it
15:07:34 <fadmaa> fadmaa has joined #gld
15:07:51 <sandro> Zakim, aajj is fadmaa 
15:07:51 <Zakim> +fadmaa; got it
15:08:16 <gatemezi> Zakim, who is on the phone?
15:08:16 <Zakim> On the phone I see George_Thomas, BenediktKaempgen, bhyland, sandro, lbermudez, gatemezi, deirdrelee, olyerickson, mhausenblas, rreck, fadmaa
15:08:39 <fadmaa> Zakim, mute me
15:08:39 <Zakim> fadmaa should now be muted
15:08:40 <bhyland> Minutes http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2012-02-22
15:08:50 <mhausenblas> RRSAgent, draft minutes
15:08:50 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/03/08-gld-minutes.html mhausenblas
15:09:28 <bhyland> Last meeting's minutes, see http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2012-02-16
15:09:35 <George> Chair: Bernadette Hyland
15:09:53 <mhausenblas> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2012-02-23
15:09:58 <George> Scribe: George Thomas
15:10:09 <George> Topic: approve 3/23 minutes
15:10:31 <sandro> topic: Approve 2/23 minutes
15:10:33 <BenediktKaempgen> +1 minutes
15:10:54 <rreck> +1 minutes
15:11:14 <fadmaa> yes
15:11:21 <fadmaa> Zakim, unmute me
15:11:21 <Zakim> fadmaa should no longer be muted
15:11:35 <fadmaa> Zakim, mute me
15:11:35 <Zakim> fadmaa should now be muted
15:11:42 <George> minutes approved
15:11:43 <olyerickson> +1 Approve Minutes
15:11:54 <gatemezi> +1 approve minutes
15:12:10 <George> time difference note - 1 hr earlier for many
15:12:17 <bhyland> Next two meetings (15, 22 March 2012) will be one hour earlier for EUROPEANS due to US DST
15:12:26 <mhausenblas> Michael: Mainly/only for the Europeans
15:12:49 <George> Topic: ADMS
15:13:01 <George> sent list email for GLD WG review
15:13:25 <George> 4 ISA vocabs input to GLD
15:13:43 <olyerickson> * Not just about ADMS, but also ISA "people," "core business,' "location"
15:14:00 <olyerickson> q+
15:14:21 <bhyland> q?
15:14:25 <mhausenblas> q+ to talk about ISA stuff
15:14:29 <mhausenblas> ack olyerickson 
15:14:33 <George> bhyland: defer most discussion to meeting with PhilA
15:15:00 <boris> boris has joined #gld
15:16:21 <George_> George_ has joined #gld
15:16:33 <mhausenblas> q?
15:16:54 <bhyland> See Semantic Assets on https://joinup.ec.europa.eu/asset/allasset/all
15:16:58 <George_> olyerickson: TWC/RPI appreciates ADMS and ISA vocabs
15:17:10 <mhausenblas> ack me
15:17:10 <Zakim> mhausenblas, you wanted to talk about ISA stuff
15:17:17 <George_> bhyland: agenda will be updated with ADMS/ISA links
15:17:34 <George_> mhausenblas: overall thumbs up, look toward reuse 
15:17:59 <George_> ACTION: PhilA to add links 
15:18:00 <trackbot> Created ACTION-57 - Add links  [on Phil Archer - due 2012-03-15].
15:18:28 <Zakim> +boris
15:19:57 <gatemezi> I guess this URL is for Person ? https://joinup.ec.europa.eu/asset/semic-eu_core_person_17/release/200
15:20:14 <George_> george: pursuing interest in vocab.data.gov as ADMS repo, and +1 to mhausenblas on reuse and his Person effort as extending ISA core stuff
15:20:34 <George_> Topic: Products
15:22:03 <gatemezi> URL for all the set of vocabs here https://joinup.ec.europa.eu/asset/all
15:22:23 <bhyland> q?
15:23:33 <sandro> PROPOSED: Publish Data Cube Vocabular Spec FPWD 
15:23:38 <sandro> PROPOSED: Publish Data Cube Vocabulary Spec FPWD 
15:23:43 <mhausenblas> +1
15:23:44 <sandro> +1 (W3C)
15:23:45 <boris> +1
15:23:57 <George_> +1
15:23:59 <BenediktKaempgen> +1 (FZI)
15:24:03 <lbermudez> +q
15:24:44 <boris> http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/default/data-cube/index.html
15:24:46 <bhyland> RDF Data Cube Vocab Editors Draft, http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/default/data-cube/index.html
15:25:18 <George_> lbermudez: concerned with OGC / ISO concepts
15:25:40 <George_> mhausenblas: post FPWD is a good time to address those issues/concerns
15:26:00 <George_> lbermudez: wrt Data Cube
15:26:36 <bhyland> Sandro: Process re: FPWD, we are saying today, 'we are comfortable with publishing this for initial feedback and input'.
15:26:38 <George_> sandro: FPWD means out for comment - could note lbermudez concerns in draft
15:26:58 <George_> lbermudez: agree that comment on alignment with OGC/ISO would be good
15:27:16 <George_> sandro: comments typically requested within 4 weeks
15:27:58 <George_> sandro: last call comment period means internal issues are resolved, and comment period is typically 3 weeks
15:28:38 <George_> sandro: FPWD raises issue - 'this section is under discussion - see issue xxx'
15:28:56 <George_> mhausenblas: clear that FPWD has captured, but doesn't need to be resolved in FPWD
15:29:09 <George_> lbermudez: put comments in issue tracker?
15:29:16 <bhyland> Issue tracker for Data Cube, see https://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/products/3
15:29:21 <mhausenblas> ISSUE-3?
15:29:21 <trackbot> ISSUE-3 -- Date and Time Format -- raised
15:29:21 <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/issues/3
15:29:23 <George_> sandro: may be there already - see cube product link
15:29:37 <George_> sandro
15:29:46 <George_> sandro: issue 32? @ lbermudez 
15:29:58 <bhyland> issue-32
15:30:02 <bhyland> issue-32?
15:30:02 <trackbot> ISSUE-32 -- Relationship to ISO19156 - Observations & Measurements? -- raised
15:30:02 <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/issues/32
15:30:55 <George_> bhyland: email list, chairs, noting issue link
15:31:10 <George_> lbermudez: item 1 in issue-32
15:31:33 <George_> mhausenblas: so put pointer in DataCube FPWD to that
15:31:41 <George_> sandro: need a WG resolution to issues
15:32:14 <George_> mhausenblas: anyone can address - and close - or note desired follow up
15:32:24 <George_> sandro: chairs can also close issues
15:32:27 <George_> ..
15:32:46 <George_> ... @ lbermudez - a particular spot to focus/emphasize?
15:32:51 <George_> lbermudez: will look again
15:33:14 <George_> lbermudez: also offering to help section (x.x) editors
15:33:21 <sandro> PROPOSED: Publish Data Cube Vocabular Spec FPWD, after adding a reference to ISSUE-32 (worked out between lbermudez and the editors)
15:33:30 <George_> sandro: amend proposal
15:33:30 <sandro> PROPOSED: Publish Data Cube Vocabulary Spec FPWD, after adding a reference to ISSUE-32 (worked out between lbermudez and the editors)
15:33:35 <mhausenblas> +1
15:33:37 <George_> +1
15:33:40 <boris> +1
15:33:44 <sandro> +1 (W3C)
15:33:55 <gatemezi> +1 
15:33:56 <George_> bhyland: editors are RC and DR
15:33:58 <BenediktKaempgen> +1 (FZI)
15:34:26 <sandro> RESOLVED: Publish Data Cube Vocabulary Spec FPWD, after adding a reference to ISSUE-32 (worked out between lbermudez and the editors)
15:34:30 <lbermudez> +1
15:34:33 <George_> bhyland: we have consensus
15:34:58 <George_> Topic: DCAT
15:35:07 <sandro> http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/default/dcat/index.html
15:35:38 <fadmaa> Zakim, unmute me
15:35:38 <Zakim> fadmaa should no longer be muted
15:35:49 <George_> bhyland: F2F discussed having a burst on DCAT - @ fadmaa and olyerickson 
15:36:34 <George_> olyerickson: 2 minor but still unresolved actions re: addition of lang and date type - has open action (#?) to corral/resolve and summarize current status - outstanding
15:37:15 <bhyland> q?
15:37:22 <George_> ... not happy with quality of wording of this editors draft - but hasn't had bandwidth to deal with it yet...
15:37:29 <bhyland> ack lbermudez
15:37:31 <George_> ack lbermudez 
15:37:36 <fadmaa> +q
15:38:17 <George_> olyerickson: one other point - personally inexperienced with generating W3C blessed TR's - re: DCAT - don't know what's right/wrong from W3 persp
15:38:29 <mhausenblas> q+ to talk about what FPWD is about, again
15:38:44 <George_> ... can capture technical/adoption issues, but need W3 oversight
15:38:55 <George_> ack fadmaa 
15:39:25 <George_> fadmaa: agree that DCAT needs further work and coordination - but recommends going to FPWD without too much more collab required
15:39:47 <George_> ... prioritize discussion to direct and indirect access
15:39:51 <fadmaa> zakim, ack me
15:39:51 <Zakim> I see mhausenblas on the speaker queue
15:39:57 <mhausenblas> ack me
15:39:57 <Zakim> mhausenblas, you wanted to talk about what FPWD is about, again
15:39:58 <bhyland> +1 Fadmaa
15:40:29 <George_> mhausenblas: waxes professorial on process
15:40:56 <George_> ... all we need is a rough idea of what is the deal for FPWD 
15:41:13 <bhyland> q?
15:41:16 <George_> olyerickson: thanks to mhausenblas - helpful input
15:41:58 <fadmaa> Zakim, mut eme
15:41:58 <Zakim> I don't understand 'mut eme', fadmaa
15:42:03 <fadmaa> Zakim, mute me
15:42:03 <Zakim> fadmaa should now be muted
15:42:45 <George_> bhyland: question about DCAT editor access to olyerickson 
15:43:09 <George_> fadmaa: noted subclasses of dcat:Distribution and direct/indirect access are urgent prior to FPWD
15:43:33 <George_> bhyland: URI construction is the olyerickson issue
15:43:45 <cygri> cygri has joined #gld
15:43:47 <George_> olyerickson: notes many are happily using DCAT
15:43:57 <bhyland> PROPOSED: Publish DCAT Spec as a FPWD,
15:44:06 <mhausenblas> +1
15:44:11 <BenediktKaempgen> +1 (FZI)
15:44:12 <olyerickson> +1
15:44:13 <bhyland> +1
15:44:15 <boris> +1
15:44:24 <sandro> +1
15:44:24 <fadmaa> +1
15:44:28 <gatemezi> +1 
15:44:33 <George_> .5 - see fadmaa 
15:44:58 <bhyland> Resolved: Publish DCAT Spec as a FPWD
15:45:19 <George_> Topic: Best Practices
15:45:30 <George_> bhyland: mhausenblas or boris input?
15:45:37 <George_> ... thanks to boris 
15:45:53 <boris> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/default/bp/index.html
15:46:08 <George_> need Vocab selection input on accidental subsumption / entailment
15:47:26 <George_> prob need more discussion / input on characteristics and varieties of 'linked data app/server'
15:47:43 <George_> bhyland: desire to get BP out in March
15:47:44 <bhyland> q?
15:48:38 <George_> boris: to WG - read and comment please
15:48:51 <George_> ... some sections in better shape than others - 
15:49:12 <George_> bhyland: some parts in need of attention
15:49:31 <mhausenblas> Michael: wondering what we do with People now?
15:49:33 <bhyland> vocab-people
15:49:33 <bhyland>   vocab-org for the Organizational Vocabulary
15:49:33 <bhyland>   vocab-data-cube for the RDF Data Cube Vocabulary
15:49:33 <bhyland>   and gld-bp for the Government Linked Data Best Practices document.
15:49:33 <gatemezi> @bhyland: Can I help for the glossary in BP doc?
15:49:49 <George_> Topic: Short Names
15:49:58 <George_> mhausenblas: People ? 
15:50:05 <mhausenblas> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/default/people/index.html
15:50:19 <George_> bhyland: discussion deferred for PhilA attendance
15:50:31 <George_> ... mhausenblas input invoked
15:50:39 <bhyland> @gatemezi, absolutely you can help.  I'll follow up with you directly by email, ok?
15:50:53 <George_> mhausenblas: UC and Req's are needed regardless of ISA input
15:51:23 <George_> ... put out FPWD with note of intent to integrate ISA
15:51:49 <George_> ... or leave those overalapping parts out
15:51:59 <mhausenblas> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/default/people/index.html
15:52:19 <George_> ... to WG - either 'let's wait', or 'let's push it out' (see link)
15:53:10 <sandro> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/default/people/index.html#mapping-to-isa-core-person-vocabulary
15:53:12 <George_> mhausenblas: ISA core has Person - People ED section 6 says 'mapping' to ISA Person
15:53:44 <George_> ... however, given ISA then start with that and map to other widely used notables (schema.org, etc)
15:53:53 <George_> ... so the emphasis is on UC's and Req's
15:55:24 <bhyland> PROPOSED: Publish People vocab as a FPWD
15:55:31 <mhausenblas> +1
15:55:35 <bhyland> +1
15:55:36 <boris> +1
15:55:50 <gatemezi> @bhyland: perfect!! 
15:55:56 <deirdrelee> +1
15:55:59 <gatemezi> +1
15:56:14 <George_> +1
15:56:15 <bhyland> Resolved: Publish People vocab as a FPWD
15:56:20 <rreck> +1
15:56:27 <rreck> oops too late
15:56:32 <bhyland> wow, 4 vocabs going to FPWD from today's meeting, cool!
15:56:35 <George_> bhyland: notes incredible productivity of GLD WG members
15:57:02 <George_> ... any other vocab related discussion today?
15:57:51 <boris> Lyon?
15:57:55 <George_> ... PhilA - may conf in France
15:57:59 <gatemezi> WWW in Lyon?
15:58:34 <George_> Sophia Antipolis
15:58:52 <mhausenblas> http://www.w3.org/2012/06/pmod/
15:58:54 <gatemezi> * Sophia-Antipolis is where we are located
15:59:26 <sandro> https://www.w3.org/Member/Meeting/2012ac/May/Overview
16:00:02 <George_> bhyland: raise this AC meeting as possible F2F (as per PhilA)
16:00:15 <George_> sandro: not a public meeting - an AC meeting
16:00:15 <bhyland> Consider GLD WG F2F3 to coincide with [http://www.w3.org/2012/10/TPAC/ TPAC in Lyon, France 29 Oct - 2 Nov 2012.
16:01:48 <George_> bhyland: proposed 90min meeting next week - PhilA on ADMS/ISA and boris on BP - notes an hour earlier for EU members 
16:01:49 <gatemezi> thanks!!
16:01:50 <rreck> thanks, bubye
16:01:51 <George_> thanks all 
16:01:52 <BenediktKaempgen> bye
16:01:52 <Zakim> -olyerickson
16:01:53 <bhyland> adjourn.  have a great rest of the week all!
16:01:55 <Zakim> -mhausenblas
16:01:56 <fadmaa> thanks
16:01:57 <Zakim> -deirdrelee
16:01:59 <Zakim> -rreck
16:02:01 <Zakim> -BenediktKaempgen
16:02:03 <Zakim> -sandro
16:02:05 <Zakim> -bhyland
16:02:06 <olyerickson> +1 to "bubye" ;) 
16:02:10 <olyerickson> olyerickson has left #gld
16:02:11 <Zakim> -boris
16:02:14 <Zakim> -fadmaa
16:02:17 <Zakim> -lbermudez
16:02:46 <George_> RRSAgent, set logs world-visible
16:03:07 <George_> RRSAgent, generate minutes
16:03:07 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/03/08-gld-minutes.html George_
# SPECIAL MARKER FOR CHATSYNC.  DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE OR BELOW.  SRCLINESUSED=00000305