Chatlog 2012-02-02

From Government Linked Data (GLD) Working Group Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

See original RRSAgent log or preview nicely formatted version.

Please justify/explain all edits to this page, in your "edit summary" text.

15:03:19 <RRSAgent> RRSAgent has joined #gld
15:03:19 <RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/02/02-gld-irc
15:03:21 <trackbot> RRSAgent, make logs world
15:03:21 <Zakim> Zakim has joined #gld
15:03:23 <trackbot> Zakim, this will be GLD
15:03:23 <Zakim> ok, trackbot, I see T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM already started
15:03:24 <trackbot> Meeting: Government Linked Data Working Group Teleconference
15:03:24 <trackbot> Date: 02 February 2012
15:03:38 <csarven> csarven has joined #gld
15:03:39 <olyerickson> zakim, who is on the phone?
15:03:41 <Zakim> + +3539149aaee
15:03:44 <Zakim> On the phone I see George_Thomas, +1.202.566.aaaa, Sandro, ??P26, [LC], +3539149aacc, +1.202.691.aadd, ??P14, +3539149aaee
15:03:57 <tinagheen> Zakim, [LC] is me
15:03:57 <Zakim> +tinagheen; got it
15:03:57 <mhausenblas> Zakim, aaee is me
15:03:58 <Zakim> +mhausenblas; got it
15:04:01 <fadi> zakim, +35391 is me
15:04:04 <Zakim> +fadi; got it
15:04:11 <mhausenblas> Zakim, aaaa is Mike_P 
15:04:12 <Zakim> + +34.91.336.aaff
15:04:16 <Zakim> +[IPcaller]
15:04:19 <Zakim> +Mike_P; got it
15:04:24 <boris> zakim, aaff is boris
15:04:28 <Zakim> +boris; got it
15:04:33 <mhausenblas> Zakim, aadd is DanG 
15:04:36 <Zakim> +DanG; got it
15:04:44 <Zakim> +Sandro.a
15:04:46 <BenediktKaempgen> \me also connected through skype
15:04:50 <Zakim> -Sandro
15:05:14 <Zakim> -[IPcaller]
15:05:31 <olyerickson> Zakim, I am IPCaller
15:05:31 <Zakim> sorry, olyerickson, I do not see a party named 'IPCaller'
15:05:44 <olyerickson> zakim, who is on the phone?
15:05:44 <Zakim> On the phone I see George_Thomas, Mike_P, ??P26, tinagheen, fadi, DanG, ??P14, mhausenblas, boris, Sandro
15:05:53 <mhausenblas> Zakim, BenediktKaempgen is with me
15:05:53 <Zakim> +BenediktKaempgen; got it
15:06:27 <csarven> Zakim, I'm with mhausenblas
15:06:27 <Zakim> +csarven; got it
15:06:45 <Zakim> +??P53
15:06:57 <mhausenblas> Zakim, mute ??P26
15:06:57 <Zakim> ??P26 should now be muted
15:07:17 <mhausenblas> Zakim, ??P14 is olyerickson 
15:07:17 <Zakim> +olyerickson; got it
15:07:23 <mhausenblas> Zakim, unmute ??P26
15:07:23 <Zakim> ??P26 should no longer be muted
15:07:44 <dvilasuero> dvilasuero has joined #gld
15:07:47 <fadi> zakim, mut eme
15:07:47 <Zakim> I don't understand 'mut eme', fadi
15:07:53 <fadi> zakim, mute me
15:07:53 <Zakim> fadi should now be muted
15:07:54 <DeirdreLee> mhausenblas, I must be P26 or 53
15:07:57 <Yigal> Yigal has joined #gld
15:07:59 <mhausenblas> Agenda: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon20120202
15:08:07 <olyerickson> zakim mute me
15:08:09 <mhausenblas> Chair: George 
15:08:13 <dvilasuero> zakim, dvilasuero is with boris
15:08:13 <Zakim> +dvilasuero; got it
15:08:14 <Mike_P> can folks mute their phones
15:08:14 <mhausenblas> scribenick: mhausenblas 
15:08:23 <BenediktKaempgen> BenediktKaempgen has joined #gld
15:08:24 <mhausenblas> Zakim, mute ??P53
15:08:24 <Zakim> ??P53 should now be muted
15:08:29 <cgueret> Zakim I'm on the phone too
15:08:47 <George> PROPOSAL: The GLD WG decides to publish 'Terms for describing people' in the first batch of FPWD by end of Feb 2012
15:09:00 <mhausenblas> Topic: FPWD
15:09:18 <Zakim> + +1.218.296.aagg
15:09:18 <mhausenblas> Michael: available via https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/default/people/index.html
15:09:25 <rreck> rreck
15:09:29 <rreck> i just joined
15:09:30 <mhausenblas> Zakim, aagg is rreck 
15:09:30 <Zakim> +rreck; got it
15:09:35 <olyerickson> I looked at the draft/proposal; very good!
15:09:44 <Zakim> + +33.4.93.00.aahh
15:10:08 <mhausenblas> Zakim, aahh is gatemezi 
15:10:08 <Zakim> +gatemezi; got it
15:10:34 <olyerickson> I thought mhausenblas' "Terms for describing people" a good step forward
15:10:54 <BartvanLeeuwen> BartvanLeeuwen has joined #gld
15:10:59 <mhausenblas> Michael: Tried to focus on UC to determine scope and then we can figure what is in scope
15:11:00 <mhausenblas> q?
15:11:08 <olyerickson> q+
15:11:13 <olyerickson> zakim unmute me.
15:11:14 <mhausenblas> ack olyerickson 
15:11:34 <mhausenblas> olyerickson: good start, Michael, UC help
15:11:41 <cgueret> +1
15:11:43 <mhausenblas> George: agreed
15:11:48 <cgueret> fantastic :)
15:11:51 <olyerickson> zakim mute me.
15:11:54 <dvilasuero> great job mhausenblas
15:11:56 <dvilasuero> +1
15:11:56 <Zakim> +??P58
15:11:57 <olyerickson> +1 to proposal
15:12:04 <George> +1 to proposal
15:12:06 <boris> +1
15:12:10 <BartvanLeeuwen> Zakim, ??P58 is me
15:12:10 <Zakim> +BartvanLeeuwen; got it
15:12:11 <dvilasuero> +1 to proposal
15:12:40 <sandro> +1
15:12:59 <BenediktKaempgen> +q
15:12:59 <BenediktKaempgen> q+
15:13:08 <Zakim> + +1.323.683.aaii
15:13:19 <gatemezi> q?
15:13:25 <mhausenblas> q?
15:13:32 <Yigal> zakim aaii is me
15:13:54 <mhausenblas> Zakim, aaii is Yigal 
15:13:54 <Zakim> +Yigal; got it
15:13:59 <csarven> +1
15:14:15 <mhausenblas> RESOLUTION:  The GLD WG decides to publish 'Terms for describing people' in the first batch of FPWD by end of Feb 2012
15:14:26 <olyerickson> Everything we're doing is currently "subject to revision"
15:14:50 <mhausenblas> Topic: People UC
15:15:00 <mhausenblas> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/default/people/index.html
15:15:46 <Bsrivast> Bsrivast has joined #gld
15:16:23 <Biplav> Biplav has joined #gld
15:16:27 <cygri> zakim, code?
15:16:27 <Zakim> the conference code is 45394 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 sip:zakim@voip.w3.org), cygri
15:16:39 <olyerickson> Comment: These are use cases appropriate to our government context
15:16:44 <Zakim> +??P61
15:16:48 <cgueret> +q
15:16:49 <mhausenblas> Michael: Tried to identify UC from real-world apps or datasets
15:16:53 <cygri> zakim, ??P61 is me
15:16:53 <Zakim> +cygri; got it
15:17:12 <mhausenblas> Michael: Tried to derive requirements from it
15:17:15 <cgueret> -q
15:17:20 <mhausenblas> ack BenediktKaempgen 
15:17:24 <cgueret> ack me
15:17:25 <mhausenblas> BenediktKaempgen: where to contribute
15:17:27 <mhausenblas> Michael: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Terms_for_describing_people
15:18:11 <mhausenblas> q?
15:18:15 <Zakim> +??P0
15:18:18 <olyerickson> what happened?
15:18:23 <cygri> zakim, P0 is me
15:18:23 <Zakim> sorry, cygri, I do not recognize a party named 'P0'
15:18:25 <Zakim> -Yigal
15:18:32 <cygri> zakim, ??P0 is me
15:18:32 <Zakim> +cygri; got it
15:18:46 <sandro> cygri, you brought a loud tone with you.
15:18:50 <Zakim> +Yigal
15:19:06 <cygri> sorry. my voip thingy crashed. hope it didn't take zakim with it
15:19:20 <mhausenblas> George: any immediate input for the People ED?
15:20:22 <George> q?
15:20:40 <BenediktKaempgen> +q
15:20:58 <mhausenblas> Michael: I guess for the FPWD we should focus on the UC and req - will also cover existing vocabs review
15:21:04 <mhausenblas> ack BenediktKaempgen 
15:21:09 <olyerickson> I think the aspects that will be very useful will be people w.r.t. agencies
15:21:28 <olyerickson> zakim mute me.
15:21:36 <mhausenblas> BenediktKaempgen: How do you know if we cover the most interesting UC
15:21:37 <sandro> zakim, mute olyerickson 
15:21:37 <Zakim> olyerickson should now be muted
15:21:41 <cygri> q+
15:21:47 <mhausenblas> q?
15:21:59 <cygri> zakim, unmute me
15:21:59 <Zakim> cygri should no longer be muted
15:22:06 <sandro> zakim, mute cygri 
15:22:06 <Zakim> cygri should now be muted
15:22:12 <sandro> cygri, still the loud tone.
15:22:18 <cgueret> :)
15:22:20 <mhausenblas> ack cygri
15:22:25 <sandro> zakim, mute cygri 
15:22:25 <Zakim> cygri should now be muted
15:22:40 <olyerickson> Examples would be (a) elected representatives (b) officials at agencies
15:22:40 <cygri> i'll redial. �
15:22:46 <Zakim> -cygri.a
15:23:04 <olyerickson> q+
15:23:07 <cygri> olyerickson, this is a software phone.
15:23:11 <olyerickson> zakim unmute me.
15:23:14 <mhausenblas> q?
15:23:25 <Zakim> +??P0
15:23:27 <mhausenblas> George: dataset driven seems useful
15:23:30 <mhausenblas> ack olyerickson 
15:23:37 <cygri> q+
15:23:43 <mhausenblas> olyerickson: two kinds of people and relations
15:23:53 <mhausenblas> ...  (a) elected representatives (b) officials at agencies
15:23:53 <cygri> zakim, ??P0 is me
15:23:53 <Zakim> +cygri; got it
15:23:55 <mhausenblas> q?
15:24:42 <mhausenblas> olyerickson: also need to check re ORG vocab re instance data
15:24:50 <stasinos> stasinos has joined #gld
15:24:50 <mhausenblas> q?
15:25:13 <mhausenblas> ack cygri 
15:25:20 <sandro> zakim, mute cygri 
15:25:20 <Zakim> cygri should now be muted
15:25:21 <olyerickson> zakim mute me.
15:25:23 <cygri> oh well.
15:25:40 <Zakim> -cygri.a
15:26:05 <cygri> regarding where use cases come from:
15:26:27 <cygri> a good use case is something that you or your organization want to do anyways
15:26:29 <Zakim> +??P0
15:26:40 <cygri> and that would benefit from, or be enabled by, a standard vocabulary
15:26:46 <stasinos> Zakim, P0 is stasinos
15:26:46 <Zakim> sorry, stasinos, I do not recognize a party named 'P0'
15:26:52 <stasinos> Zakim, ??P0 is stasinos
15:26:52 <Zakim> +stasinos; got it
15:26:55 <cygri> e.g., for ORG:
15:27:11 <George> q?
15:27:15 <mhausenblas> q?
15:27:17 <olyerickson> ACTION: olyerickson to follow-up on "elected officials" and "agency officials" concern
15:27:17 <trackbot> Created ACTION-46 - Follow-up on "elected officials" and "agency officials" concern [on John Erickson - due 2012-02-09].
15:27:29 <cygri> “we want to publish an organigram of our government in machine-readable form so that different ppl can visualize it in different ways”
15:27:33 <olyerickson> zakim mute me.
15:27:55 <mhausenblas> Michael: We're trying to standardise the behaviour of publishers, hence should be driven by stuff that exists out there
15:27:55 <sandro> gatemezi, I think there was talking in the background where you are.
15:29:16 <Zakim> +??P65
15:29:24 <cygri> zakim, ??P65 is me
15:29:24 <Zakim> +cygri; got it
15:29:25 <mhausenblas> q?
15:29:44 <olyerickson> zakim, who is on the phone?
15:29:44 <Zakim> On the phone I see George_Thomas, Mike_P, ??P26, tinagheen, fadi (muted), DanG, olyerickson, mhausenblas, boris, Sandro, ??P53 (muted), rreck, gatemezi (muted), BartvanLeeuwen,
15:29:48 <Zakim> ... cygri (muted), Yigal, stasinos, cygri.a
15:29:48 <Zakim> mhausenblas has mhausenblas, BenediktKaempgen, csarven
15:29:48 <Zakim> boris has boris, dvilasuero
15:29:56 <olyerickson> zakim, please mute me.
15:29:56 <Zakim> olyerickson should now be muted
15:30:28 <mhausenblas> cygri: Best UC are the ones that are done or planned and require a standardised way to represent it
15:31:05 <mhausenblas> ... for example, for QB, take some spread sheets, need to publish, etc.
15:31:13 <mhausenblas> Michael: I agree with Richard
15:31:23 <mhausenblas> q?
15:31:40 <cgueret> +1 to move to next topic
15:31:57 <Zakim> -cygri
15:32:00 <olyerickson> I have nothing to add. Note that I added an action for myself...
15:32:10 <mhausenblas> Topic: DCAT Product status review/discussion
15:32:20 <cygri> zakim you eejit. i'm still on the call
15:33:05 <olyerickson> RE "roles," see http://www.epimorphics.com/public/vocabulary/org.html#roles
15:33:35 <mhausenblas> George: https://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/products/2
15:33:54 <olyerickson> DCAT ED: http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/default/dcat/index.html
15:34:11 <mhausenblas> q?
15:34:18 <cygri> ACTION-38?
15:34:18 <trackbot> ACTION-38 -- Phil Archer to convert editors' draft of DCAT to make use of respec -- due 2012-02-02 -- OPEN
15:34:18 <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/actions/38
15:34:21 <cygri> ACTION-39?
15:34:22 <trackbot> ACTION-39 -- Richard Cyganiak to update http://vocab.deri.ie/dcat to point to the new dcat ED -- due 2012-02-02 -- OPEN
15:34:22 <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/actions/39
15:34:25 <cygri> ACTION-40?
15:34:25 <trackbot> ACTION-40 -- Phil Archer to reflect on SEMIC advice on vocab selection etc. to see if there is more to contribute to the BP doc -- due 2012-02-02 -- OPEN
15:34:27 <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/actions/40
15:34:33 <olyerickson> Issue 10 maybe?
15:34:58 <olyerickson> zakim unmute me.
15:35:01 <olyerickson> q+
15:35:09 <cygri> q+
15:35:12 <mhausenblas> ack olyerickson 
15:36:44 <gatemezi> +1 to closing an issue with a resolution
15:36:54 <mhausenblas> q?
15:36:57 <mhausenblas> ack cygri 
15:37:33 <mhausenblas> Michael: we should close issues only with the recorded resolution
15:37:52 <cgueret> +1 to cygri
15:37:58 <boris> +1 to richard
15:37:59 <gatemezi> +1 to have a special meeting on DCAT for those issues...
15:38:09 <mhausenblas> cygri: we should prepare issues along with proposal
15:38:10 <DanG> +1 to richard
15:38:38 <olyerickson> No objection
15:38:44 <mhausenblas> George: shall we start discussing issues?
15:39:41 <cygri> +1 to olyerickson, this would be great!
15:39:52 <mhausenblas> George: the DCAT team should come up with proposals for the issues
15:39:54 <George> +1 to olyerickson 
15:40:26 <mhausenblas> s/George: the D/John: the D
15:40:35 <mhausenblas> q?
15:41:07 <mhausenblas> Topic: Multilingualism of vocabs
15:41:10 <olyerickson> ACTION: DCAT team to propose resolutions to issue-2, issue-3 and possibly others to appear on next GLD call agenda
15:41:10 <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - DCAT
15:41:39 <olyerickson> ACTION: olyerickson to corral DCAT team to propose resolutions to issue-2, issue-3 and possibly others to appear on next GLD call agenda
15:41:39 <trackbot> Created ACTION-47 - Corral DCAT team to propose resolutions to issue-2, issue-3 and possibly others to appear on next GLD call agenda [on John Erickson - due 2012-02-09].
15:41:41 <dvilasuero> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/images/4/4a/MultilingualismGLD%28v4%29.pdf
15:42:03 <olyerickson> zakim mute me.
15:42:25 <mhausenblas> Elena: From UPM, working on EC project http://www.monnet-project.eu/
15:42:44 <olyerickson> zakim mute me.
15:42:57 <Zakim> +[IPcaller]
15:42:59 <olyerickson> ZAKIM mute me.
15:43:05 <PhilA2> zakim, IPcaller is me
15:43:05 <Zakim> +PhilA2; got it
15:43:08 <mhausenblas> Zakim, mute olyerickson 
15:43:08 <Zakim> olyerickson should now be muted
15:44:07 <mhausenblas> (Elena walks us through the slides and highlights certain issues)
15:44:30 <Zakim> -cygri.a
15:44:46 <cygri> zakim why u hate me
15:45:16 <Zakim> +??P64
15:45:18 <cygri> zakim, mute me
15:45:18 <Zakim> sorry, cygri, I do not know which phone connection belongs to you
15:45:26 <cygri> zakim, ??P64 is me
15:45:26 <Zakim> +cygri; got it
15:45:29 <cygri> zakim, mute me
15:45:29 <Zakim> cygri should now be muted
15:46:16 <mhausenblas> Elena: it is not possible to link the labels, for example, this is the translation of the other
15:46:49 <mhausenblas> Elena: better than ad-hoc solution is LEMON, developed in Monnet
15:48:02 <olyerickson> Slide?
15:48:16 <olyerickson> ok slide 14
15:48:21 <mhausenblas> RRSAgent, draft minutes
15:48:21 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/02/02-gld-minutes.html mhausenblas
15:48:27 <mhausenblas> RRSAgent, make logs public
15:49:55 <sandro> hmmmm.   does this mean we stop using RDF language tags...?    is language just another sense?
15:50:02 <sandro> (or context)
15:54:28 <gatemezi> @thanks mhausenblas
15:54:51 <gatemezi> Is there any link of the lexical model you are talking about?
15:55:03 <gatemezi> Could we advice govn't to *always* import in their vocab the lexical model for the translation of their vocab?
15:55:11 <mhausenblas> RRSAgent, draft minutes
15:55:11 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/02/02-gld-minutes.html mhausenblas
15:55:40 <sandro> on slide 22, I wonder if it's really "medio de page"@es  or if language tags aren/t used (since they are basically redundant with lemon)
15:56:21 <cygri> sandro, it's still an utterance in a particular natural language, so @es is still appropriate
15:56:52 <olyerickson> re: "isCulturalEquivalentTranslationOf" ...wow, what a concept!
15:56:57 <sandro> I agree, cygri -- just wondering if the lemon folks agree.
15:57:03 <sandro> sure, mhausenblas 
15:57:04 <mhausenblas> q?
15:57:07 <cygri> ok sandro
15:57:13 <olyerickson> +1 to fascinating!
15:57:16 <gatemezi> Thanks Elena!! 
15:57:25 <dvilasuero> great talk elena
15:57:34 <PhilA2> Very interesting, Elena
15:57:46 <George> q?
15:57:47 <olyerickson> q+
15:57:48 <cygri> q+
15:57:49 <mhausenblas> George: interesting work, there is a liaising opportunity 
15:57:50 <mhausenblas> q?
15:57:59 <mhausenblas> ack olyerickson
15:58:31 <mhausenblas> olyerickson: thanks Elena, we're been thinking about this in RPI as well in the context of international datasets
15:58:42 <Biplav> Thanks Elena!
15:58:43 <mhausenblas> s/we're/we've
15:59:28 <mhausenblas> RRSAgent, draft minutes
15:59:28 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/02/02-gld-minutes.html mhausenblas
15:59:36 <George> q?
16:00:45 <DanG> q+
16:00:54 <mhausenblas> olyerickson: the extensibility is an important aspect
16:01:02 <cygri> q-
16:01:06 <mhausenblas> ack cygri
16:01:07 <Zakim> -cygri
16:01:19 <mhausenblas> ack DanG 
16:01:53 <mhausenblas> DanG: seems to me that you're using the concept as the pivot
16:01:58 <mhausenblas> ack dang
16:02:07 <mhausenblas> ack DanG
16:02:09 <mhausenblas> q?
16:02:20 <mhausenblas> DanG: right approach, IMO
16:02:38 <cygri> if there's time, can someone ask if the ontolex community has an opinion on translating URIs (as opposed to labels/literals)?
16:02:39 <mhausenblas> George: thanks again, Elena
16:02:46 <olyerickson> +1 to babies ;) 
16:02:49 <mhausenblas> RRSAgent, draft minutes
16:02:49 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/02/02-gld-minutes.html mhausenblas
16:03:09 <PhilA2> Apologises for being absent for so much of the call - glad I caught Elena
16:03:23 <PhilA2> go Dan1!
16:03:34 <mhausenblas> dvilasuero: volunteer to scribe next week
16:03:35 <dvilasuero> i'd like to volunteer for scribing nexxt week
16:03:42 <olyerickson> PhilA see Elana's slides
16:03:47 <mhausenblas> (meeting adjourned)
16:03:47 <BenediktKaempgen> thanks george
16:03:48 <gatemezi> Thanks all!
16:03:49 <DanG> bye
16:03:50 <Yigal> Yigal has left #gld
16:03:52 <fadi> bye
16:03:54 <rreck> thanks
16:03:54 <BenediktKaempgen> bye
16:03:56 <PhilA2> Thanks olyerickson I did
16:03:57 <mhausenblas> RRSAgent, draft minutes
16:03:57 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2012/02/02-gld-minutes.html mhausenblas
16:03:57 <olyerickson> bye
16:03:58 <dvilasuero> bye!!!
16:04:00 <rreck> bubye
16:04:00 <DeirdreLee> bye
16:04:09 <olyerickson> olyerickson has left #gld
16:04:17 <Zakim> -stasinos
16:04:56 <Zakim> -tinagheen
16:04:57 <Zakim> -Sandro
16:04:59 <Zakim> -Mike_P
16:05:01 <Zakim> -fadi
16:05:03 <Zakim> -olyerickson
16:05:05 <Zakim> -PhilA2
16:05:09 <Zakim> -DanG
16:05:17 <Zakim> -BartvanLeeuwen
16:05:20 <Zakim> -boris
16:05:26 <Zakim> -Yigal
16:05:27 <Zakim> -??P26
16:05:29 <Zakim> -gatemezi
16:05:42 <Zakim> -rreck
16:05:57 <PhilA2> PhilA2 has left #gld
16:06:31 <Zakim> -mhausenblas
16:10:38 <Zakim> -George_Thomas
16:16:21 <mhausenblas> mhausenblas has joined #gld
# SPECIAL MARKER FOR CHATSYNC.  DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE OR BELOW.  SRCLINESUSED=00000371