Chatlog 2011-12-15

From Government Linked Data (GLD) Working Group Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

See original RRSAgent log or preview nicely formatted version.

Please justify/explain all edits to this page, in your "edit summary" text.

<BenediktKaempgen> present: Benedikt Kaempgen, Bernadette Hyland, Dan Gillman, David Smith, George Thomas, Gerald Steeman, Ghislain Atemezing, Hadley Beeman, John Erickson, Luis Bermudez, Raphaël Troncy, Ronald Reck, Sandro Hawke, Tina Gheen, Martín Álvarez, Michael Pendleton, Yigal Arens
14:52:52 <RRSAgent> RRSAgent has joined #gld
14:52:52 <RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/12/15-gld-irc
14:52:54 <trackbot> RRSAgent, make logs world
14:52:54 <Zakim> Zakim has joined #gld
14:52:56 <trackbot> Zakim, this will be EGOV_GLD
14:52:56 <Zakim> I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled within the next hour, trackbot
14:52:57 <trackbot> Meeting: Government Linked Data Working Group Teleconference
14:52:57 <trackbot> Date: 15 December 2011
14:53:00 <sandro> zakim, this will be gld
14:53:01 <Zakim> ok, sandro; I see T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM scheduled to start in 7 minutes
14:53:43 <BenediktKaempgen> hello
14:55:51 <BenediktKaempgen> Scribe: BenediktKaempgen
14:56:15 <Zakim> T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM has now started
14:56:22 <Zakim> +davidwood
14:56:29 <bhyland> zakim, davidwood is me
14:56:29 <Zakim> +bhyland; got it
14:56:53 <olyerickson> olyerickson has joined #GLD
14:57:08 <Zakim> +George
14:57:13 <Zakim> +[IPcaller]
14:57:17 <olyerickson> I'll be on in a second... busy day at #TWCRPI ;) 
14:57:28 <George> George has joined #gld
14:57:39 <bhyland> If anyone wanted to share what RDF is with their kids, here is something fun for you to share, see  http://3roundstones.com/linked-data-101/rdf-explained/
14:57:40 <Zakim> +HadleyBeeman
14:58:09 <gatemezin> gatemezin has joined #gld
14:58:29 <BenediktKaempgen> rrsagent, make records public
14:58:42 <BenediktKaempgen> Scribe: BenediktKaempgen
14:58:50 <BenediktKaempgen> Chair: bhyland
14:59:17 <Mike_Pendleton> Mike_Pendleton has joined #gld
14:59:31 <tgheen> tgheen has joined #gld
14:59:32 <martin> martin has joined #gld
14:59:55 <Zakim> + +1.202.566.aaaa
15:00:04 <BenediktKaempgen> trackbot-ng, start telcon
15:00:06 <trackbot> RRSAgent, make logs world
15:00:08 <trackbot> Zakim, this will be EGOV_GLD
15:00:08 <Zakim> I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled within the next hour, trackbot
15:00:09 <trackbot> Meeting: Government Linked Data Working Group Teleconference
15:00:09 <trackbot> Date: 15 December 2011
15:00:24 <BenediktKaempgen> scribe: BenediktKaempgen
15:00:34 <BenediktKaempgen> chair: bhyland
15:00:43 <LuisBermudez> LuisBermudez has joined #gld
15:00:46 <bhyland> zakim, who is on the call?
15:00:46 <Zakim> I notice T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM has restarted
15:00:48 <Zakim> On the phone I see bhyland, George, [IPcaller], HadleyBeeman, +1.202.566.aaaa, [LC]
15:00:58 <bhyland> Did we just kicked off the call?
15:01:03 <tgheen> Zakim, [LC] is me
15:01:03 <Zakim> +tgheen; got it
15:01:09 <Zakim> +sandro
15:01:17 <Zakim> + +1.267.481.aabb
15:01:26 <Zakim> +raphael
15:01:30 <Zakim> +DanG
15:01:32 <bhyland> zakim, aaaa is Mike_Pendleton
<BenediktKaempgen> Michael Pendleton nick Mike_Pendleton
15:01:32 <Zakim> +Mike_Pendleton; got it
15:01:38 <BenediktKaempgen> agenda: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon2011.12.15#Agenda
15:01:47 <bhyland> zakim, who is on the call?
15:01:47 <Zakim> On the phone I see bhyland, George, [IPcaller], HadleyBeeman, Mike_Pendleton, tgheen, sandro, +1.267.481.aabb, raphael, DanG
15:02:08 <DanG> DanG has joined #gld
15:02:25 <HadleyBeeman> zakim, aabb is  luisbermudez
15:02:27 <Zakim> +luisbermudez; got it
15:02:31 <bhyland> zakim, aabb is LuisBemudez
15:02:34 <Zakim> sorry, bhyland, I do not recognize a party named 'aabb'
15:02:40 <rreck> rreck has joined #GLD
15:02:45 <BenediktKaempgen> BenediktKaempgen is connected through Skype. Hope it will stay connected.
15:03:32 <Zakim> +??P38
15:03:34 <BenediktKaempgen> bhyland: one more call on 22nd of December?
15:03:37 <HadleyBeeman> I'm travelling on 22 Dec, unfortunately
15:03:49 <George> I can make the 22nd
15:03:51 <gatemezin> q+
15:03:54 <Druidsmith> Druidsmith has joined #gld
15:03:55 <bhyland> zakim, who is on the call?
15:03:55 <Zakim> On the phone I see bhyland, George, [IPcaller], HadleyBeeman, Mike_Pendleton, tgheen, sandro, luisbermudez, raphael, DanG, ??P38
15:04:03 <Zakim> -??P38
15:04:05 <BenediktKaempgen> I cannot 
15:04:14 <Zakim> +??P38
15:04:18 <gatemezin> I can make also on the 22nd
15:04:22 <GeraldSteeman> GeraldSteeman has joined #GLD
15:04:29 <Zakim> +rreck
15:04:34 <HadleyBeeman> zakim, ?p38 is BenediktKaempgen
15:04:34 <Zakim> sorry, HadleyBeeman, I do not recognize a party named '?p38'
15:04:38 <DanG> I probably can't attend next week.  Don't count on me.
15:04:43 <HadleyBeeman> zakim, p38 is benediktkempgen
15:04:43 <Zakim> sorry, HadleyBeeman, I do not recognize a party named 'p38'
15:05:00 <HadleyBeeman> zakim, +??P38 is BenediktKaempgen
15:05:01 <Zakim> sorry, HadleyBeeman, I do not recognize a party named '+??P38'
15:05:05 <HadleyBeeman> zakim, who's here
15:05:05 <Zakim> HadleyBeeman, you need to end that query with '?'
15:05:09 <HadleyBeeman> zakim, who's here?
15:05:09 <Zakim> On the phone I see bhyland, George, [IPcaller], HadleyBeeman, Mike_Pendleton, tgheen, sandro, luisbermudez, raphael, DanG, ??P38, rreck
15:05:12 <Zakim> On IRC I see GeraldSteeman, Druidsmith, rreck, DanG, LuisBermudez, martin, tgheen, Mike_Pendleton, gatemezin, George, olyerickson, Zakim, RRSAgent, HadleyBeeman, BenediktKaempgen,
15:05:14 <BenediktKaempgen> Accept last minutes?
15:05:16 <Zakim> ... trackbot, bhyland, danbri, sandro
15:05:22 <Zakim> +??P41
15:05:31 <martin> zakim, mute me
15:05:32 <HadleyBeeman> zakim, ??P38 is BenediktKaempgen
15:05:35 <Zakim> sorry, martin, I do not know which phone connection belongs to you
15:05:39 <Zakim> +benediktkempgen; got it
15:05:40 <BenediktKaempgen> PROPOSED: accept minutes
15:05:46 <martin> zakim, ??p41 is me
15:05:46 <HadleyBeeman> zakim, who's here?
15:05:47 <Zakim> +martin; got it
15:05:47 <bhyland> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2011-12-08
15:05:51 <Zakim> On the phone I see bhyland, George, [IPcaller], HadleyBeeman, Mike_Pendleton, tgheen, sandro, luisbermudez, raphael, DanG, benediktkempgen, rreck, martin
15:05:56 <Zakim> On IRC I see GeraldSteeman, Druidsmith, rreck, DanG, LuisBermudez, martin, tgheen, Mike_Pendleton, gatemezin, George, olyerickson, Zakim, RRSAgent, HadleyBeeman, BenediktKaempgen,
15:06:01 <Zakim> ... trackbot, bhyland, danbri, sandro
15:06:08 <George> confirmed :)
15:06:14 <gatemezin> +1
15:06:21 <olyerickson> zakim, who is on the phone? 
15:06:21 <Zakim> On the phone I see bhyland, George, [IPcaller], HadleyBeeman, Mike_Pendleton, tgheen, sandro, luisbermudez, raphael, DanG, benediktkempgen, rreck, martin
15:06:22 <George> +1
15:06:23 <Yigal> Yigal has joined #gld
15:06:26 <sandro> zakim, who is talking?
15:06:37 <rreck> someone is breathing quite loudly
15:06:37 <Zakim> sandro, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: bhyland (5%), George (29%)
15:06:45 <Zakim> +GeraldSteeman
15:06:53 <bhyland> Action Item review, see http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/actions/open
15:06:53 <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - Item
15:07:18 <sandro> zakim, who is talking?
15:07:19 <Zakim> +[IPcaller.a]
15:07:21 <BenediktKaempgen> minutes accepted?
15:07:22 <bhyland> zakim, who is speaking?
15:07:29 <Zakim> sandro, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: bhyland (5%), benediktkempgen (8%), ??P46 (5%)
15:07:34 <Yigal> zakim, IPcaller.a i sme
15:07:34 <Zakim> I don't understand 'IPcaller.a i sme', Yigal
15:07:39 <Zakim> bhyland, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: bhyland (18%), sandro (15%), benediktkempgen (5%), [IPcaller.a] (9%)
15:07:44 <Yigal> zakim, IPcaller.a is me
15:07:45 <Zakim> +Yigal; got it
15:07:53 <BenediktKaempgen> I am muted.
15:07:55 <sandro> zakim, mute BenediktKaempgen 
15:07:56 <Zakim> sorry, sandro, I do not know which phone connection belongs to BenediktKaempgen
15:08:06 <sandro> Zakim, mute benediktkempgen
15:08:06 <Zakim> benediktkempgen should now be muted
15:08:12 <bhyland> zakim, who is talking?
15:08:13 <sandro> zakim, mute IPcaller.a
15:08:13 <Zakim> sorry, sandro, I do not know which phone connection belongs to IPcaller.a
15:08:21 <Zakim> +DruidSmith_
15:08:22 <Zakim> bhyland, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: sandro (14%)
15:08:23 <gatemezin> Zakim, mute gatemezin
15:08:23 <Zakim> sorry, gatemezin, I do not know which phone connection belongs to gatemezin
15:08:23 <sandro> zakim, who is making noise?
15:08:25 <martin> zakim, who is muted?
15:08:25 <Zakim> I see benediktkempgen muted
15:08:34 <Zakim> sandro, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: DruidSmith_ (60%), bhyland (44%), sandro (33%)
15:08:45 <sandro> zakim, mute Druidsmith_
15:08:45 <Zakim> DruidSmith_ should now be muted
15:08:47 <Zakim> + +1.518.276.aacc
15:08:55 <olyerickson> zakim aacc is me
15:08:55 <gatemezin> Zakim, mute raphael
15:08:57 <Zakim> raphael should now be muted
15:09:01 <sandro> zakim, who is muted?
15:09:01 <Zakim> I see raphael, benediktkempgen, DruidSmith_ muted
15:09:12 <olyerickson> zakim, aacc is me.
15:09:12 <Zakim> +olyerickson; got it
15:09:20 <olyerickson> the noise is NOT me
15:09:35 <GeraldSteeman> * The Zakim bridge has the capability to mute conferees. (Muting blocks sound on a conferee's line from being heard on the conference.) Conferees can mute themselves by dialing 61#. In that case, unmute is 60#.
15:09:43 <BenediktKaempgen> RESOLVED: accept minutes
15:10:10 <rreck> zakim, mute me
15:10:11 <Zakim> rreck should now be muted
15:10:12 <BenediktKaempgen> Topic: Open Actions
<BenediktKaempgen> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/actions/open
15:10:20 <bhyland> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/actions/9
15:10:39 <DanG> I muted for a few seconds, but the sound continued anyway.
15:10:46 <bhyland> zakim, who is a talking?
15:10:46 <Zakim> I don't understand your question, bhyland.
15:10:51 <gatemezin> bhyland: action-9 still open
15:11:13 <gatemezin> s/acton/action
15:11:24 <sandro> zakim, mute martin 
15:11:24 <Zakim> martin should now be muted
15:11:35 <sandro> martin, it was you making the noise.
15:12:00 <rreck> zakim, unmute me
15:12:01 <Zakim> rreck should no longer be muted
15:12:02 <BenediktKaempgen> action-13 will be send soon
15:12:02 <trackbot> ACTION-13 Post OGV docs as input to GLD on GLD wiki notes added
15:12:06 <sandro> zakim, who is muted?
15:12:06 <Zakim> I see raphael, benediktkempgen, martin, DruidSmith_ muted
15:12:17 <sandro> Zakim, unmute benediktkempgen
15:12:17 <Zakim> benediktkempgen should no longer be muted
15:12:23 <sandro> zakim, unmute DruidSmith_
15:12:23 <Zakim> DruidSmith_ should no longer be muted
15:12:31 <gatemezin> ??: will send documents for action-13 very soon
15:12:39 <sandro> s/??/DanG/
15:13:02 <Zakim> -benediktkempgen
15:13:45 <gatemezin> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/actions/16
15:13:46 <rreck> can i be involved in that please?
15:13:59 <BenediktKaempgen> thanks gatemezin
15:14:01 <gatemezin> bhyland: discussion started 
15:14:04 <rreck> my good friend Ken Sall talks to me about NIEM all the time
15:14:20 <BenediktKaempgen> topic: Action Items
15:14:37 <rreck> let's hope it doesnt use anonymous nodes
15:14:43 <gatemezin> ... with Cory.. planning to model and use of conversion programme to RDF
15:14:55 <BenediktKaempgen> ... not sure whether good rdf
15:15:17 <gatemezin> action-16 is closed
15:15:44 <BenediktKaempgen> subtopic: action-18
15:15:48 <sandro> close action-16
15:15:48 <trackbot> ACTION-16 Agreed to facilitate NIEM discussion and get outline started working with bhyland. closed
15:16:13 <BenediktKaempgen> olyerickson: action item community draft supersedes it?
15:16:28 <gatemezin> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/actions/18
15:16:32 <bhyland> ACTION-18 Agreed to facilitate initial wiki draft on Vocab page on VCAT.
15:16:33 <trackbot> ACTION-18 Agreed to facilitate initial wiki draft on Vocab page on VCAT. notes added
15:16:50 <BenediktKaempgen> olyerickson: what means wiki draft?
15:16:51 <BenediktKaempgen> ?
15:17:13 <gatemezin> ??: create a Community draft for that, it is the focus
15:17:33 <gatemezin> ... may be that action should be closed
15:17:47 <BenediktKaempgen> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/actions/open
15:18:16 <gatemezin> s/??/olyerickson
15:18:39 <BenediktKaempgen> olyerickson: vcat, ok.
15:19:02 <BenediktKaempgen> ... remains open
15:19:27 <BenediktKaempgen> bhyland: olyerickson please ping George or bhyland to clarify
15:19:45 <DanG> I posted the Open Government Vocabularies documents on 7 December
15:19:48 <BenediktKaempgen> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/actions/20
15:20:01 <BenediktKaempgen> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/actions/21
15:20:03 <gatemezin> action-20 still open
15:20:24 <BenediktKaempgen> action-21 will be talked about later
15:20:41 <BenediktKaempgen> subtopic: action-22 
15:20:44 <gatemezin> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/actions/22
15:20:59 <BenediktKaempgen> ??: wiki content will be synthesized
15:21:15 <BenediktKaempgen> ... will have something relatively substantial.
15:21:26 <gatemezin> s/??/rreck
15:21:40 <BenediktKaempgen> action-23 - anyone heard from TopQuadrant, apparently none
15:22:00 <BenediktKaempgen> action-24 - community draft, dcat
15:22:02 <gatemezin> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/actions/24
15:22:24 <BenediktKaempgen> olyerickson: should be done rather soon
15:22:48 <BenediktKaempgen> ... sill some issues in discussion, e.g., language issue
15:22:49 <gatemezin> ??: still have some issues in discussion, like the language issue
15:23:19 <gatemezin> s/??/olyerickson
15:23:34 <gatemezin> s/olyerrickson/olyerickson
15:23:56 <BenediktKaempgen> ... people might be surprised that not much has changed
15:24:13 <BenediktKaempgen> bhyland: enough open discussion
15:24:26 <BenediktKaempgen> olyerickson: yes, there was some discussion
15:24:43 <BenediktKaempgen> bhyland: waht does the deadline mean?
15:24:47 <George> that's a semic.eu deadline i believe
15:25:11 <BenediktKaempgen> olyerickson: put something readable on W3C page
15:25:26 <gatemezin> s/waht/what
15:25:47 <BenediktKaempgen> action-25 
15:25:49 <bhyland> https://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/actions/25
15:26:21 <BenediktKaempgen> George: part of data.gov discussion. 
15:26:33 <BenediktKaempgen> Relevant to procurement section, therefore included.
15:26:51 <BenediktKaempgen> ... Should be easy for Richard to recapture
15:27:02 <olyerickson> Re DCAT discussions, see e.g. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-gld-wg/2011Dec/thread.html
15:27:28 <BenediktKaempgen> action-26 - what does the action mean?
15:27:37 <sandro> action-26?
15:27:37 <trackbot> ACTION-26 -- Bernadette Hyland to pull the list of things to check and notify the group -- due 2011-12-15 -- OPEN
15:27:37 <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/actions/26
15:27:39 <BenediktKaempgen> bhyland: maybe f2f?
15:28:02 <BenediktKaempgen> ... scribes please create understandable action items
15:28:03 <olyerickson> ... notice the dcat:language thread
15:28:15 <BenediktKaempgen> topic: Community Directory update
15:28:18 <bhyland> http://dir.w3.org/
15:28:27 <trackbot> ACTION-26 Pull the list of things to check and notify the group notes added
15:28:33 <bhyland> Stats on community directory, http://dir.w3.org/page/number-of-organizations-by-country.xhtml?view
15:28:44 <BenediktKaempgen> bhyland: stats are interesting
15:29:08 <BenediktKaempgen> ... information about deployments is not necessarily understandable 
15:29:19 <BenediktKaempgen> ... more feedback appreciated
15:29:26 <BenediktKaempgen> ... ?? is much into it
15:29:57 <BenediktKaempgen> ... aim - vibrant list of what each one in the group is doing
15:30:10 <bhyland> Someone suggested adding this, http://www4.wiwiss.fu-berlin.de/latc/toollibrary/
15:30:31 <BenediktKaempgen> ... maybe maintained by DERI folks?
15:31:01 <George> chris bizer - most of these tools appear to be what's in http://stack.lod2.eu
15:31:09 <BenediktKaempgen> ... makes it sense to reach out to them?
15:31:35 <BenediktKaempgen> up to 200 companies that do something with Linked Data
15:32:11 <BenediktKaempgen> George: thinks, yes, we should contact them.
15:32:17 <BenediktKaempgen> olyerickson: thinks so, too.
<BenediktKaempgen> Topic: Best Practices update
15:32:18 <bhyland> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Best_Practices_Discussion_Summary
15:32:27 <gatemezin> +1
15:32:32 <BenediktKaempgen> Topic: Best Practices update
15:32:58 <BenediktKaempgen> bhyland: please make clear if you work on the wiki. Provide links and update.
15:33:33 <BenediktKaempgen> michael: give preliminary overview. During next weeks. John Sherridon will be asked.
15:33:53 <BenediktKaempgen> bhyland: John Sherridon will have a lot to say about this.
15:34:01 <bhyland> s/Sherridon/Sheridan
15:34:34 <BenediktKaempgen> s/mike/Mike_Pendleton
15:34:48 <BenediktKaempgen> subtopic: Vocabulary Selection update
15:35:06 <gatemezin> q+
15:35:07 <BenediktKaempgen> bhyland: anything happening with this? 
15:35:15 <BenediktKaempgen> ... none on the call
15:35:30 <BenediktKaempgen> subtopic: URI Construction update
15:35:42 <bhyland> subtopic: Stability, see http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Best_Practices_Discussion_Summary#2.2.5_Stability
15:35:43 <gatemezin> Zakim, unmeted raphael
15:35:43 <Zakim> I don't understand 'unmeted raphael', gatemezin
15:36:03 <gatemezin> Zakim, raphael unmuted
15:36:04 <Zakim> I don't understand 'raphael unmuted', gatemezin
15:36:04 <BenediktKaempgen> Ron: Trying to figure out what is missing.
15:36:16 <BenediktKaempgen> ... problem space needs to be defined
15:36:48 <BenediktKaempgen> bhyland: does rather look like a draft not descriptive enough
15:36:50 <gatemezin> Zakim, who is muted?
15:36:50 <Zakim> I see raphael, martin muted
15:37:15 <BenediktKaempgen> bhyland: any guidance?
15:37:32 <bhyland> Ron referred to another page, I think it is http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Best_Practices_Discussion_Stability
15:38:03 <bhyland> Includes discussion of "conservation", "preservation of access" and "preservation of content"
15:38:19 <George> is this http://www.mementoweb.org/ relevant?
15:38:26 <BenediktKaempgen> Ron: topics - conservation, preservation of access, preservation of content 
15:38:36 <bhyland> q?
15:38:42 <BenediktKaempgen> bhyland: sounds good.
15:39:03 <bhyland> Recommend you look at this page for ideas on suggesting best practices, http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/REC-mwabp-20101214/
15:39:31 <BenediktKaempgen> bhyland: has been useful for the cook book also
15:40:27 <BenediktKaempgen> ... really short but gives good pointers
15:40:48 <BenediktKaempgen> ... a starting point
15:41:05 <BenediktKaempgen> Ron: Struggling rather with organisation and writing in descriptive manner
15:41:09 <bhyland> q?
15:41:12 <BenediktKaempgen> than with the content.
15:41:23 <gatemezin> q+
15:41:28 <bhyland> ack gatemezin
15:41:35 <sandro> zakim, who is muted?
15:41:35 <Zakim> I see raphael, martin muted
15:41:45 <gatemezin> who can unmuted me?
15:41:59 <olyerickson> +1 to format in http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/REC-mwabp-20101214/
15:42:13 <gatemezin> please asgain?
15:42:23 <George> press 4 1 #
15:42:45 <gatemezin> sorry... 
15:42:52 <BenediktKaempgen> subtopic: Cook book
15:43:01 <BenediktKaempgen> hyland: boris and I have added something, but more needs to be done
15:43:11 <BenediktKaempgen> topic: Schedule & milestones review
15:43:14 <bhyland> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/charter
15:43:30 <gatemezin> zakim, who is muted?
15:43:30 <Zakim> I see raphael, martin muted
15:43:33 <BenediktKaempgen> bhyland: Some things to do in December.
15:44:18 <BenediktKaempgen> ... bhyland: f2f in January. Anyone wants to comment?
15:44:23 <sandro> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/charter#timeline
15:44:41 <BenediktKaempgen> ... Someone wants to share thoughts?
15:44:54 <MacTed> MacTed has joined #gld
15:44:54 <BenediktKaempgen> Sandro: Middle ground regarding size. 
15:45:09 <bhyland> That is Sandro speaking, not George
15:45:17 <BenediktKaempgen> ... Difficult to balance.
15:45:24 <gatemezin> s/George/Sandro
15:45:28 <BenediktKaempgen> thanks
15:45:32 <bhyland> np
15:45:55 <BenediktKaempgen> ??: did not know what to expect
15:45:59 <GeraldSteeman> All new to me as well.  Not sure where to plug in.
15:46:02 <sandro> s/??/DanG/
15:46:05 <bhyland> DanG: RE: making progress & meeting deliverables, I haven't been one of these before & don't know what to expect
15:46:16 <olyerickson> I think it's about what I expected...simply dealing with multiple time demands
15:47:14 <BenediktKaempgen> bhyland: more often technical aspects, which helps with guidance. This is quite a different WG.
15:47:30 <olyerickson> I do think that "critical mass" is an issue, since the group has several important deliverables and they only slightly overlap, thus requiring multiple sub-groups/teams working on individual tasks
15:47:33 <BenediktKaempgen> ... we have a lot of invited experts. 
15:47:45 <Yigal> Same here.  I haven't been that involved -- but my intention was to become better acquainted with this community, and to find places where I *can* contribute.
15:48:16 <BenediktKaempgen> ... More about pulling things together and checking whether up-to-date.
15:48:36 <BenediktKaempgen> ... Trying less to create new things. 
15:49:00 <BenediktKaempgen> ... Recommends all to put together efforts. People are looking for help with Linked Data.
15:49:03 <sandro> q?
15:49:37 <BenediktKaempgen> Sandro: Are there people on the call that do not know where to help?
15:50:16 <BenediktKaempgen> bhyland: cendi talk or similar are very useful for the group. 
15:50:38 <BenediktKaempgen> ... encourages all to make available such information
15:50:53 <GeraldSteeman> Will do.
15:51:00 <gatemezin> Who is Cendi? any pointer?
15:51:30 <GeraldSteeman> http://cendi.gov
15:51:51 <gatemezin> @GeralSteeman: Thanks 
15:52:02 <BenediktKaempgen> bhyland: cendi is user's group of it people that are interested in preservation of science information
15:52:22 <BenediktKaempgen> ... very interesting use cases. bhyland gave talk about rdf. 
15:52:27 <GeraldSteeman> http://cendi.gov/minutes/pa_1111.html
15:52:32 <tgheen> @bernadette: Walt Warnick at Dept of Energy still wants to talk to you
15:52:47 <BenediktKaempgen> topic: F2F2 Plans
15:52:38 <bhyland> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/F2F2
15:53:23 <gatemezin> ??: not have an answer today
15:53:46 <BenediktKaempgen> DanG: Need to start F2F very early morning. Caviat. May make offer untenable.
15:54:02 <BenediktKaempgen> bhyland: maybe start f2f later
15:54:07 <gatemezin> s/??/DanG
15:54:28 <BenediktKaempgen> bhyland: 5 hour time difference is a problem
15:54:45 <BenediktKaempgen> DanG: Security is not an issue. 
15:55:06 <BenediktKaempgen> DanG: tries to have a resolution today.
15:55:13 <bhyland> ACTION: DanG to confirm when US Bureau of Labor Stats can be open for our meeting
15:55:13 <trackbot> Created ACTION-27 - Confirm when US Bureau of Labor Stats can be open for our meeting [on Dan Gillman - due 2011-12-22].
15:56:13 <Yigal> What is the address for the BLS, by the way?
15:56:31 <bhyland> It is work on the part of the hosts so we should confirm attendance, see http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/F2F2#Who
15:56:35 <BenediktKaempgen> bhyland: Anyone interested to confirm that he/she will be there?
15:56:56 <BenediktKaempgen> Benedikt will participate at DERI.
15:56:59 <gatemezin> I confirm that I'll be there...
15:57:22 <BenediktKaempgen> bhyland: community building would be very helpful for deliverables.
15:57:27 <gatemezin> My organization needs the agenda for administrative protocole
15:57:59 <BenediktKaempgen> bhyland: versioning, legacy part in charter needs to be better framed.
15:58:22 <cygri> cygri has joined #gld
15:58:25 <BenediktKaempgen> ... will be taking it to the mailing list
15:58:35 <olyerickson> No announcements at this time ;) 
15:58:47 <gatemezin> So, finally we meet next week?
15:59:11 <BenediktKaempgen> bhyland: many calls 
15:59:25 <gatemezin> +1
15:59:26 <sandro> I can make it
15:59:33 <GeraldSteeman> i can
15:59:37 <gatemezin> I can
15:59:38 <BenediktKaempgen> I cannot, sorry.
15:59:49 <olyerickson> I can make it to the call
16:00:19 <Michael Pendleton> I can make it
16:00:22 <BenediktKaempgen> bhyland: We will have a call next week. Half a dozen people is good.
16:01:12 <BenediktKaempgen> ... lots of things discuss (f2f, f2f venue, framing of charter topics)
16:01:34 <gatemezin> thanks!!
16:01:39 <BenediktKaempgen> thanks!
16:01:39 <Yigal> Yigal has left #gld
16:01:40 <rreck> bubye
16:01:58 <Zakim> -Mike_Pendleton
16:02:01 <Zakim> -martin
16:02:03 <Zakim> -olyerickson
16:02:04 <bhyland> DanG: Please add name of any hotel that may have gov't rate on offer, you can update http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/F2F2
16:02:05 <Zakim> -DanG
16:02:07 <Zakim> -HadleyBeeman
16:02:07 <bhyland> thanks
16:02:11 <Zakim> -DruidSmith_
16:02:15 <Zakim> -luisbermudez
16:02:19 <Zakim> -Yigal
16:02:21 <Zakim> -George
16:02:22 <Zakim> -sandro
16:02:24 <olyerickson> Bye!
16:02:25 <Zakim> -tgheen
16:02:26 <bhyland> Benedikt, do you need any help with writing the minutes?  
16:02:27 <Zakim> -bhyland
16:02:28 <olyerickson> olyerickson has left #GLD
16:02:31 <Zakim> -rreck
16:02:33 <Zakim> -GeraldSteeman
16:02:37 <Zakim> -raphael
16:02:42 <BenediktKaempgen> maybe, thanks for asking. I am about to try it.
16:03:01 <bhyland> See http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon2011.12.15#Scribe.27s_End_of_Meeting_Checklist
16:03:04 <bhyland> for instructions
16:03:21 <bhyland> I'm here if you need any help ...
16:03:29 <bhyland> or have any trouble ...
16:03:31 <BenediktKaempgen> thanks
16:04:18 <BenediktKaempgen> RRSAgent, set logs world-visible
16:04:34 <BenediktKaempgen> RRSAgent, generate minutes 
16:04:34 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/12/15-gld-minutes.html BenediktKaempgen
16:06:10 <gatemezin> rrsagent, bye
16:06:10 <RRSAgent> I see 1 open action item saved in http://www.w3.org/2011/12/15-gld-actions.rdf :
16:06:10 <RRSAgent> ACTION: DanG to confirm when US Bureau of Labor Stats can be open for our meeting [1]
16:06:10 <RRSAgent>   recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/12/15-gld-irc#T15-55-13
# SPECIAL MARKER FOR CHATSYNC.  DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE OR BELOW.  SRCLINESUSED=00000417