Chatlog 2011-09-08

From Government Linked Data (GLD) Working Group Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

See original RRSAgent log or preview nicely formatted version.

Please justify/explain all edits to this page, in your "edit summary" text.

14:00:22 <RRSAgent> RRSAgent has joined #gld
14:00:22 <RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/09/08-gld-irc
14:00:35 <olyerickson> zakim, who is on the phone
14:00:35 <Zakim> I don't understand 'who is on the phone', olyerickson
14:01:04 <sandro> zakim, this will be gld
14:01:04 <Zakim> ok, sandro, I see T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM already started
14:01:05 <Zakim> +??P13
14:01:08 <bhyland> tracbot, start telecon
14:01:16 <BartvanLeeuwen> Zakim, ??p13 is BartvanLeeuwen 
14:01:18 <Zakim> +BartvanLeeuwen; got it
14:01:28 <gt> trackbot, start telecon
14:01:29 <gatemezi> hi, all!!
14:01:30 <trackbot> RRSAgent, make logs world
14:01:32 <trackbot> Zakim, this will be EGOV_GLD
14:01:33 <trackbot> Meeting: Government Linked Data Working Group Teleconference
14:01:33 <trackbot> Date: 08 September 2011
14:01:34 <Zakim> I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled within the next hour, trackbot
14:01:34 <olyerickson> zakim, qw3birc@128.30.52.28 is olyerickson
14:01:38 <Zakim> sorry, olyerickson, I do not recognize a party named 'qw3birc@128.30.52.28'
14:01:42 <sandro> RRSAgent, make log public
14:01:55 <gt> zakim, who is here"?
14:01:57 <Zakim> I don't understand your question, gt.
14:02:01 <gt> zakim, who is here?
14:02:05 <Zakim> I notice T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM has restarted
14:02:09 <Zakim> On the phone I see +1.202.690.aaaa, ??P1, +1.703.607.aabb, +1.267.481.aacc,  Sandro, Cory, BartvanLeeuwen, +1.202.208.aadd
14:02:16 <Zakim> On IRC I see RRSAgent, luisbermudez, Zakim, gatemezi, mhausenblas, csarven, MartinKaltenboeck, MacTed, olyerickson, BartvanLeeuwen, gt, danbri_, bhyland, trackbot, sandro
14:02:17 <Zakim> Regrets:  Rick Murphy, Tina Gheen, Boris Villazón-Terrazas, Martin Alvarez, Elena Montiel-Ponsoda, Richard Cyganiak (travelling), Yigal Arens, Hadley Beeman, Christophe Gueret (will join late)
14:02:31 <Zakim> -??P1
14:03:09 <gt> zakim, aaaa is gt
14:03:09 <Zakim> +gt; got it
14:03:25 <Zakim> +??P22
14:03:32 <bhyland> zakim davidwood is me
14:03:42 <Cory-c> Cory-c has joined #gld
14:03:48 <olyerickson> zakim, +??P22 is olyerickson
14:03:48 <Zakim> sorry, olyerickson, I do not recognize a party named '+??P22'
14:04:10 <olyerickson> zakim, ??P22 is olyerickson
14:04:10 <Zakim> +olyerickson; got it
14:04:18 <Zakim> +??P29
14:04:27 <olyerickson> zakim, who's here
14:04:27 <Zakim> olyerickson, you need to end that query with '?'
14:04:39 <olyerickson> zakim, who's here?
14:04:39 <Zakim> On the phone I see gt, +1.703.607.aabb, +1.267.481.aacc, davidwood, Sandro, Cory, BartvanLeeuwen, +1.202.208.aadd, olyerickson, ??P29
14:04:42 <Zakim> On IRC I see Cory-c, RRSAgent, luisbermudez, Zakim, gatemezi, mhausenblas, csarven, MartinKaltenboeck, MacTed, olyerickson, BartvanLeeuwen, gt, danbri_, bhyland, trackbot, sandro
14:05:05 <Zakim> +??P27
14:05:07 <Zakim> +mhausenblas
14:05:14 <mhausenblas> Zakim, csarven is with me
14:05:14 <Zakim> +csarven; got it
14:05:24 <bhyland> scribe: bhyland
14:05:44 <bkaempgen> bkaempgen has joined #gld
14:05:46 <bhyland> chair: gt
14:05:55 <bkaempgen> zakim, who's there?
14:05:57 <Zakim> I don't understand your question, bkaempgen.
14:06:08 <bhyland> zakim, who is here?
14:06:08 <Zakim> On the phone I see gt, +1.703.607.aabb, +1.267.481.aacc, davidwood, Sandro, Cory, BartvanLeeuwen, +1.202.208.aadd, olyerickson, ??P29, ??P27, mhausenblas
14:06:11 <Zakim> mhausenblas has mhausenblas, csarven
14:06:12 <Zakim> On IRC I see bkaempgen, Cory-c, RRSAgent, luisbermudez, Zakim, gatemezi, mhausenblas, csarven, MartinKaltenboeck, MacTed, olyerickson, BartvanLeeuwen, gt, danbri_, bhyland,
14:06:15 <Zakim> ... trackbot, sandro
14:06:38 <MartinKaltenboeck> Calling via skype - do not know my out calluing number?
14:06:59 <bkaempgen> bkaempgen is connected through skype
14:07:23 <danbri> danbri has joined #gld
14:07:30 <sandro> MartinKaltenboeck, bkaempgen I don't think skype transmits caller-id anyway.
14:07:30 <bkaempgen> sometimes it takes time so that changes get through in SMW
14:07:33 <bkaempgen> q+
14:08:48 <bhyland> bkaempgen: re: semantic mediawiki annotations, there may be a lag with annotations being reflected.
14:08:52 <mhausenblas> ack bkaempgen 
14:09:00 <MartinKaltenboeck> ok, thanks sandro!
14:09:17 <gt> q?
14:09:49 <gt> proposal to accept 8-18 minutes - 
14:10:05 <bhyland> +1
14:10:06 <mhausenblas> s/proposal/PROPOSAL:
14:10:09 <mhausenblas> +1
14:10:20 <gatemezi> +1
14:10:27 <gt> +1
14:10:28 <bhyland> minutes accepted for 18-Aug-2011
14:10:35 <olyerickson> +1
14:10:35 <MartinKaltenboeck> +1
14:10:38 <luisbermudez> +1
14:10:45 <bkaempgen> You may need to edit/refresh Mainpage to have annotations being updated in the table.
14:11:09 <olyerickson> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon2011.09.01
14:11:12 <bhyland> +1
14:11:17 <mhausenblas> +1
14:11:36 <BartvanLeeuwen> +1
14:11:48 <bhyland> proposal to accept http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon2011.09.01
14:11:53 <gatemezi> +1
14:11:53 <sandro> zakim, who is talking?
14:11:57 <Zakim> +??P35
14:12:04 <Zakim> sandro, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Sandro (13%), olyerickson (96%), ??P29 (15%)
14:12:10 <mhausenblas> zakim, mute olyerickson 
14:12:10 <Zakim> olyerickson should now be muted
14:12:13 <bhyland> minutes accepted
14:12:25 <bkaempgen> baempgen should be muted
14:12:29 <bhyland> yes
14:12:31 <danbri> danbri has joined #gld
14:12:35 <Cory-c> Perhaps some time today one of the w3c staff could speak a bit about the W3C Workshop on Data and Services Integration http://www.w3.org/2011/10/integration-workshop/cfp.html
14:12:40 <simonWall> simonWall has joined #gld
14:13:24 <gt> q?
14:13:45 <mhausenblas> zakim, unmute olyerickson 
14:13:45 <Zakim> olyerickson should no longer be muted
14:13:48 <olyerickson> the system is muting me arrgh]
14:14:23 <BartvanLeeuwen> +q
14:14:31 <BartvanLeeuwen> q+
14:15:12 <bhyland> Topic: ISWC
14:15:16 <bhyland> no comments.
14:15:19 <Zakim> + +1.240.228.aaee
14:15:25 <BartvanLeeuwen> q-
14:16:11 <Cory-c> q+
14:16:14 <ZacharyWhitley> ZacharyWhitley has joined #gld
14:16:52 <bhyland> BartvanLeeuwen: Would like to present at Amsterdam data initiative (breakfast meeting), on Linked Data.
14:17:22 <bhyland> Advice is simply to state you're a member of this group and present your experiences as a member of the GLD WG.
14:18:21 <olyerickson> zakim, who is speaking
14:18:22 <bhyland> Cory-c: Discussed vocab + NIEM.  Active effort to produce that standard. Anyone have NIEM related info in sem web form?
14:18:25 <Zakim> I don't understand 'who is speaking', olyerickson
14:18:28 <Cory-c> q-
14:18:30 <bhyland> q+
14:18:43 <ZacharyWhitley> +q
14:19:11 <bhyland> Topic: NIEM and Linked Data
14:19:21 <bhyland> Recent training event in Philly, PA, see http://www.iir.com/registration/niemtraining/
14:19:34 <gt> cory-c: NIEM is a US Gov sponsored XSD centric effort, somewhat like OASIS UBL - see niem.gov
14:19:52 <bhyland> Focused on first responders and other domains, used extensively by US Government, specifically Homeland Security.  More info on niem.org
14:20:30 <ChrisMusialek> ChrisMusialek has joined #gld
14:20:31 <olyerickson> For more info on NIEM: http://www.niem.gov/
14:20:43 <bhyland> Over 500 people from federal, state & local gov't attended recent.  A lot of energy around it.  Technology is primarily focused on XML & XML schema. Controlled vocab approach for common elements, e..g, person, location, etc.
14:22:05 <bhyland> Cory-c: NIEM PMO wanted NIEM to be more international standards aware.  They sponsored effort to create UML model, then map to JSON, RDF, others.  Standards effort is to create NIEM community & support international standards.
14:22:08 <gt> cory-c: information sharing environment - see http://www.ise.gov/ - and the OMG - see http://gov.omg.org/ - are creating a UML profile for NIEM
14:22:24 <bhyland> December 2011 deadline for RFP.
14:22:38 <gt> q?
14:22:45 <gt> ack bhyland
14:23:25 <Zakim> +??P2
14:23:41 <gt> action: george to follow up with bhyland, ChrisMusialek and cory-c regarding NIEM interaction with US Data.gov PMO
14:23:41 <trackbot> Created ACTION-6 - Follow up with bhyland, ChrisMusialek and cory-c regarding NIEM interaction with US Data.gov PMO [on George Thomas - due 2011-09-15].
14:23:41 <bhyland> Cory-c asked anyone interested in helping speak to him.
14:23:49 <gt> q?
14:24:18 <bhyland> Zach: Ralph Hodgson from TopQuadrant is porting NIEM to OWL.
14:24:33 <ZacharyWhitley> -q
14:25:19 <bhyland> Mentioned: TopQuadrant is doing work with Dutch Dept of Justice (Immigration) ...
14:25:37 <Zakim> -??P27
14:26:00 <cgueret> cgueret has joined #gld
14:26:18 <gt> q?
14:26:20 <Zakim> +??P10
14:26:48 <cgueret> Zakim, cgueret is Christophe Gueret
14:26:48 <Zakim> I don't understand 'cgueret is Christophe Gueret', cgueret
14:26:54 <cgueret> yep
14:26:55 <bhyland> Announcement: Open Government Data Camp 2011, call for participation is out, see http://ogdcamp.org/cfp/
14:26:58 <bkaempgen> bkaempgen has rejoined
14:27:43 <MartinKaltenboeck> Registration is open too: http://ogdcamp.org/register/
14:29:10 <bhyland> Topic: Open Government Data Camp 2011
14:29:32 <gt> q?
14:29:38 <bhyland> MartinKaltenboeck: Call for lightening talks (10 min) on best practices, linked data cookbook, etc. 
14:29:43 <bhyland> coming out next week.
14:29:49 <bhyland> please participate.
14:31:22 <bhyland> Topic: Next F2F in DERI, Galway Ireland to be held Wed & Thur 25-26 January 2012.
14:31:29 <bhyland> We close the poll officially now.
14:31:46 <bhyland> We had 21 participants indicate their preference.
14:32:25 <BartvanLeeuwen> +1
14:32:28 <gatemezi> +1
14:32:30 <bkaempgen> +1
14:32:31 <cgueret> +1
14:32:47 <bhyland> Mhausenblas: First round on him on Friday, after F2F.
14:32:54 <MartinKaltenboeck> +1
14:33:01 <cgueret> +1 :)
14:33:09 <mhausenblas> s/ First round/ First round of free RDF triples
14:33:09 <BartvanLeeuwen> +1
14:34:32 <bhyland> Resolved: WG confirms second F2F at DERI Galway, 25-26 Jan 2012
14:34:48 <gatemezi> noo..maybe in July it will be at Eurecom, :-)
14:34:59 <gt> topic: deliverables
14:35:10 <BartvanLeeuwen> :)
14:35:22 <gatemezi> it is the same. :-) 
14:37:10 <gt> q?
14:37:25 <gatemezi> actually, concerning ComDir, I don't know what next
14:37:32 <gatemezi> after the requirements proposed
14:37:49 <bhyland> Topic: Community Directory. No progress in last week. 
14:37:56 <sandro> (sound breaking up a lot)
14:38:23 <bhyland> Action: Bhyland to send out email to ask people to fill in company info & start trying to use deployment form to see how usability & data shapes up.
14:38:23 <trackbot> Created ACTION-7 - Send out email to ask people to fill in company info & start trying to use deployment form to see how usability & data shapes up. [on Bernadette Hyland - due 2011-09-15].
14:38:32 <MartinKaltenboeck> bhyland: can you please provide link to the Community Directory prototype?
14:38:35 <bhyland> Topic: Standard Vocabs.
14:39:01 <gt> http://directory.3roundstones.net/
14:39:17 <MartinKaltenboeck> many thanks gt!
14:39:22 <bhyland> olyerickson: Plans to list some use cases they are considering to foster discussion.  Would like guidance on how to best foster discussion.
14:39:56 <bhyland> Community Directory prototype may be found at http://directory.3roundstones.net/
14:40:26 <gt> has this GLD been republished or not...
14:40:52 <gt> who/what/where is the *authoritative/original* publication...
14:41:02 <bhyland> olyerickson: The issue he would like to discuss/iterate has to do with provenance of government or agent produced data.  What country is this from, what does data represent?
14:42:03 <bkaempgen> +q
14:42:18 <bhyland> See John Erickson's email:
14:42:18 <bhyland> John Erickson <olyerickson@gmail.com>
14:42:18 <bhyland> 	Subject: 	Re: Catralog vocab question: Indicating whether "government" dataset  has "official" status
14:42:18 <bhyland> 	Date: 	September 6, 2011 7:59:42 PM EDT
14:42:18 <bhyland> 	To: 	Martin Alvarez-Espinar <mlvarez@w3.org>
14:42:19 <bhyland> 	Cc: 	W3C public GLD WG WG <public-gld-wg@w3.org>
14:42:54 <Cory-c> #bhyland, does or can the directory list data sources?
14:42:55 <gt> q?
14:43:39 <Zakim> - +1.703.607.aabb
14:43:48 <bhyland> olyerickson: Agreed to continue discussion on list and provide some further specifics on use cases.
14:44:12 <mhausenblas> ack bkaempgen 
14:44:17 <bhyland> bkaempgen: Asked if this has to do with provenance or specifically a place that specifies where a given dataset is coming from?
14:45:38 <bhyland> olyerickson: More specific than provenance.  We are looking to specify what a catalog represents.  For example, if a gov't data set has been "officially sanctioned" by a gov't agency.  Consumers should be able to identify whether this came from a specific agency or department … We need a status indicator.
14:46:23 <bhyland> Details on olyerickson's question are in:
14:46:23 <bhyland> John Erickson <olyerickson@gmail.com>
14:46:23 <bhyland> 	Subject: 	Catralog vocab question: Indicating whether "government" dataset has  "official" status
14:46:23 <bhyland> 	Date: 	September 6, 2011 3:27:54 PM EDT
14:46:23 <bhyland> 	To: 	W3C public GLD WG WG <public-gld-wg@w3.org>
14:46:35 <gt> q?
14:47:31 <bkaempgen> +q
14:48:03 <bhyland> @cory-c - RE: Community Directory - are you asking if you can get at the underlying triples?  If so, yes, absolutely.  I can discuss offline if you wish.  Callimachus is about creating & publishing RDF.
14:48:14 <bhyland> Topic: Cube Vocab
14:48:49 <bhyland> See: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Statistical_Cube_Data.  There were no minutes captured from the break out call.
14:49:04 <bkaempgen> I will have a look at it
14:49:10 <bhyland> Bkaempgen: Asked if the protocol is to capture the chat from breakout groups?
14:49:57 <bhyland> gt: Asked if WG can use W3C telecon infrastructure for calls & capturing what was discussed.
14:50:10 <bhyland> Sandro: Yes, absolutely.  He will get it to us.
14:50:10 <sandro> -> http://www.w3.org/Guide/1998/08/TeleconferenceHowTo.htm Setting up a Teleconference
14:50:51 <gt> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Statistical_Cube_Data
14:51:04 <bkaempgen> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon2011.08.22
14:51:38 <gt> http://wiki.planet-data.eu/web/Datasets
14:52:20 <gt> action: to refactor some HHS CQLD GLD using QB
14:52:20 <trackbot> Created ACTION-8 - Refactor some HHS CQLD GLD using QB [on Tope Omitola - due 2011-09-15].
14:52:31 <gt> q?
14:52:44 <gt> ack bkaempgen
14:53:31 <bhyland> Topic: US Gov't subdomains. 
14:53:49 <bhyland> gt: Wanted to put a plug in for data.gov.uk sector approach...
14:54:17 <gt> not data.health.gov - rather health.data.gov - {sector}.data.gov - environ.data.gov?
14:55:16 <bhyland> chrismusialek: said that people think of data of data vis a vis the sector first.
14:56:42 <olyerickson> so... what can't there be BOTH? 
14:57:32 <bhyland> bhyland: recap from last week discussed opendata.epa.gov as subdomain.  Consensus was data.epa.gov or more generically data.{agency}.gov
14:57:33 <olyerickson> data.energy.gov and energy.data.gov could resolve to the same place... (blasphemy I know)
14:57:52 <olyerickson> ...but there should be one canonical URI 
14:58:07 <bhyland> ChrisMusialek: People think about things topically, not organizationally.
14:59:19 <olyerickson> Need to differentiate between URI form vs. various URLs that will "get there..."
14:59:31 <bhyland> +1
14:59:43 <bkaempgen> What does "to refactor some HHS CQLD GLD using QB" mean?
14:59:44 <gt> action: ChrisMusialek to get the data.agency.gov and {sector}.data.gov discussion into the Data.gov PMO SW/LD meeting
14:59:44 <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - ChrisMusialek
15:00:29 <ZacharyWhitley> Clinical Quality Linked Data (CQLD)
15:01:00 <bkaempgen> ah, thanks.
15:01:01 <mhausenblas> Michael: I'll have to send regrets in advance for next week, sorry
15:01:20 <ZacharyWhitley> Health and Human Services (HHS)
15:01:34 <bkaempgen> * can't, may be travelling, also
15:02:03 <cgueret> bye
15:02:06 <bhyland> thanks all.  bye.
15:02:10 <simonWall> bye
15:02:11 <MartinKaltenboeck> thank you & bye!
15:02:11 <gt> thanks all - bye
15:02:17 <BartvanLeeuwen> bye
15:02:21 <gatemezi> thanks - bye!!
15:02:40 <Zakim> -mhausenblas
15:02:41 <olyerickson> olyerickson has left #gld
15:02:42 <Zakim> - +1.202.208.aadd
15:02:44 <Zakim> -BartvanLeeuwen
15:02:51 <bhyland> RRSAgent, make logs public
15:02:54 <Zakim> - +1.240.228.aaee
15:02:58 <Zakim> -Cory
15:03:04 <Zakim> -simonWall
15:03:06 <Zakim> - +1.267.481.aacc
15:03:08 <Zakim> -Sandro
15:03:10 <gt> thanks for scribing and generating minutes bhyland :)
15:03:12 <Zakim> -davidwood
15:03:18 <gatemezi> @luisbermudez: please I send you a mail for help..
15:03:28 <gatemezi> hope you have seen it!! TIA
15:03:30 <Zakim> -gt
15:03:36 <Zakim> -??P10
15:03:40 <Zakim> -??P29
15:03:57 <bhyland> zakim, davidwood is me
15:04:54 <Zakim> sorry, bhyland, I do not recognize a party named 'davidwood'
15:06:16 <bhyland> rrsagent, generate minutes
15:06:16 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/09/08-gld-minutes.html bhyland
# SPECIAL MARKER FOR CHATSYNC.  DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE OR BELOW.  SRCLINESUSED=00000268