Chatlog 2011-07-28

From Government Linked Data (GLD) Working Group Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

See original RRSAgent log or preview nicely formatted version.

Please justify/explain all edits to this page, in your "edit summary" text.

<sandro> present: bern, gatemezi, mhaus, sandro, brafford, erickson, tobo, sheridan, bk, gerald, boris, george, cory, price
<sandro> guest: Tina Gheen, NSF/LoC
<sandro> guest: David (DruidSmith) Smith, EPA
<sandro> guest: Bart (Simpson) van Leeuwen, Fire Dept Amsterdam
<sandro> guest: Hadley Beeman, LinkedGov
#<sandro> guest: Leonard Rosenthal, Adobe
<sandro> guest: Zachary Whitley, JHU
<sandro> guest: Yigal Arens, ISI
09:56:00 <ZacharyWhitley> Zakim, who is here?
09:56:00 <Zakim> sorry, ZacharyWhitley, I don't know what conference this is
09:56:00 <Zakim> On IRC I see bkaempgen, Zakim, George, mhausenblas, wbrafford, MacTed, bhyland, ZacharyWhitley, danbri, sandro, trackbot
09:57:00 <mhausenblas> Zakim, this will be GLD
09:57:00 <Zakim> ok, mhausenblas, I see T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM already started
09:57:00 <Zakim> + +49.721.aadd
09:58:00 <Zakim> +mhausenblas
09:58:00 <bkaempgen> zakim, who's here?
09:58:00 <Zakim> On the phone I see +1.240.228.aaaa, +1.540.898.aabb, +1.443.708.aacc, +49.721.aadd, mhausenblas
09:58:00 <Zakim> On IRC I see boris, TGheen, bkaempgen, Zakim, George, mhausenblas, wbrafford, MacTed, bhyland, ZacharyWhitley, danbri, sandro, trackbot
09:58:00 <Zakim> + +1.540.645.aaee
09:58:00 <Zakim> + +1.202.566.aaff
09:58:00 <wbrafford> Zakim, aacc is wbrafford
09:58:00 <bkaempgen> zakim, aadd is bkaempgen
09:58:00 <Zakim> +wbrafford; got it
09:58:00 <Zakim> +bkaempgen; got it
09:59:00 <TGheen> Zakim, aaee is me
09:59:00 <Zakim> +TGheen; got it
09:59:00 <bkaempgen> nick bkaempgen is Benedikt Kämpgen
09:59:00 <boris> zakim, boris with mhausenblas
09:59:00 <Zakim> I don't understand 'boris with mhausenblas', boris
09:59:00 <boris> zakim, boris is with mhausenblas
09:59:00 <Zakim> +boris; got it
10:00:00 <Zakim> + +1.202.690.aagg
10:00:00 <ZacharyWhitley> Zakim, who's here?
10:00:00 <Zakim> On the phone I see +1.240.228.aaaa, +1.540.898.aabb, wbrafford, bkaempgen, mhausenblas, TGheen, +1.202.566.aaff, +1.202.690.aagg
10:00:00 <Zakim> mhausenblas has mhausenblas, boris
10:00:00 <bhyland> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon2001.07.28
10:00:00 <Zakim> On IRC I see gatemezi, boris, TGheen, bkaempgen, Zakim, George, mhausenblas, wbrafford, MacTed, bhyland, ZacharyWhitley, danbri, sandro, trackbot
10:00:00 <gatemezi> rrsagent, make records public
10:00:00 <George> Zakim, aagg is George
10:00:00 <Zakim> +George; got it
10:01:00 <Zakim> +Cory
10:01:00 <ZacharyWhitley> Zakim, +1.240.228.aaaa is ZacharyWhitley
10:01:00 <Zakim> +ZacharyWhitley; got it
10:01:00 <Zakim> +??P24
10:02:00 <Zakim> + +1.518.276.aahh
10:03:00 <Zakim> -??P24
10:03:00 <gatemezi> Hi everyone..
10:04:00 <gatemezi> Have some problem to invite rrsagent
10:04:00 <Zakim> +??P37
10:04:00 <bkaempgen> zakim, who's here?
10:04:00 <Zakim> + +1.440.389.aaii
10:04:00 <bhyland> To help remind people of people's names/faces, see http://www.w3.org/2000/09/dbwg/details?group=47663&public=1
10:04:00 <Zakim> On the phone I see ZacharyWhitley, +1.540.898.aabb, wbrafford, bkaempgen, mhausenblas, TGheen, +1.202.566.aaff, George, Cory, +1.518.276.aahh, ??P37, +1.440.389.aaii
10:04:00 <Zakim> mhausenblas has mhausenblas, boris
10:04:00 <Zakim> On IRC I see HadleyBeeman, Yigal, Mike, Simpson_2, gatemezi, boris, TGheen, bkaempgen, Zakim, George, mhausenblas, wbrafford, MacTed, bhyland, ZacharyWhitley, danbri, sandro,
10:04:00 <Simpson_2> did the passcode change ?
10:04:00 <Zakim> ... trackbot
10:04:00 <HadleyBeeman> zakim, +1.440.389.aaii is hadleybeeman
10:04:00 <Zakim> +hadleybeeman; got it
10:04:00 <Yigal> zakim, ??P37 is Yigal
10:04:00 <Zakim> +Yigal; got it
10:05:00 <Simpson_2> thx
10:05:00 <Simpson_2> strange
10:06:00 <Zakim> +??P40
10:06:00 <Zakim> + +1.617.489.aajj
10:06:00 <Simpson_2> Zakim, ??p40 is me
10:06:00 <Zakim> +Simpson_2; got it
10:07:00 <bhyland> Ghislain, please confirm you are scribing?
10:07:00 <Zakim> + +1.757.604.aakk
10:07:00 <gatemezi> scribe: gatemezi
10:08:00 <gatemezi> nick gatemezi is Ghislain Atemezing
10:08:00 <gatemezi> could we begin now?
10:08:00 <HadleyBeeman> zakim, who is here?
10:08:00 <Zakim> On the phone I see ZacharyWhitley, +1.540.898.aabb, wbrafford, bkaempgen, mhausenblas, TGheen, +1.202.566.aaff, George, Cory, +1.518.276.aahh, Yigal, hadleybeeman, Simpson_2,
10:08:00 <Zakim> ... +1.617.489.aajj, +1.757.604.aakk
10:09:00 <Zakim> mhausenblas has mhausenblas, boris
10:09:00 <Zakim> On IRC I see cygri, cory-c, olyerickson, HadleyBeeman, Yigal, Mike, Simpson_2, gatemezi, boris, TGheen, bkaempgen, Zakim, George, mhausenblas, wbrafford, MacTed, bhyland,
10:09:00 <Zakim> ... ZacharyWhitley, danbri, sandro, trackbot
10:09:00 <ZacharyWhitley> We could probably use the EPA data in conjunction with some work on homeland security at APL.
10:10:00 <gatemezi> topic: Announcements
10:10:00 <cory-c> zakin, Cory is cory-c
10:11:00 <bhyland> Minutes from last meeting http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2011-07-21
10:11:00 <cory-c> zakim, Coary is cory-c
10:11:00 <Zakim> sorry, cory-c, I do not recognize a party named 'Coary'
10:11:00 <sandro> PROPOSED: Accept http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2011-07-21 as minutes of last week.
10:11:00 <mhausenblas> PROPOSAL: Accept the minutes from last meeting http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2011-07-21
10:11:00 <sandro> :-)
10:11:00 <cory-c> Zakin, Cory is cory-c
10:11:00 <cory-c> Cory can't type today
10:11:00 <mhausenblas> +1
10:11:00 <George> +1
10:11:00 <sandro> RESOLVED: Accept the minutes from last meeting http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2011-07-21
10:12:00 <mhausenblas> q+ to ask re issue tracker
10:12:00 <gatemezi> If resolved, next topic then?
10:12:00 <mhausenblas> q?
10:12:00 <cory-c> zakim, Cory is cory-c
10:12:00 <Zakim> +cory-c; got it
10:14:00 <Zakim> + +1.202.566.aall
10:14:00 <gatemezi> zakim, who is on the phone?
10:14:00 <Zakim> On the phone I see ZacharyWhitley, +1.540.898.aabb, wbrafford, bkaempgen, mhausenblas, TGheen, +1.202.566.aaff, George, cory-c, +1.518.276.aahh, Yigal, hadleybeeman, Simpson_2,
10:14:00 <Zakim> ... +1.617.489.aajj, +1.757.604.aakk, +1.202.566.aall
10:14:00 <Zakim> mhausenblas has mhausenblas, boris
10:14:00 <mhausenblas> q?
10:14:00 <mhausenblas> ack me
10:14:00 <Zakim> mhausenblas, you wanted to ask re issue tracker
10:15:00 <mhausenblas> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/
10:16:00 <gatemezi> mhausenblas: is it announcement?
10:16:00 <gatemezi> ...or something else?
10:17:00 <sandro> q?
10:17:00 <mhausenblas> ISSUE-1?
10:17:00 <trackbot> ISSUE-1 -- Where should the BP cookbook go? -- open
10:17:00 <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/issues/1
10:18:00 <Zakim> +??P50
10:19:00 <gatemezi> It seems there is no announcements... we move then to the second point of the agenda?
10:20:00 <gatemezi> zakim, who is on the phone?
10:20:00 <Zakim> On the phone I see ZacharyWhitley, +1.540.898.aabb, wbrafford, bkaempgen, mhausenblas, TGheen, +1.202.566.aaff, George, cory-c, +1.518.276.aahh, Yigal, hadleybeeman, Simpson_2,
10:20:00 <Zakim> ... +1.617.489.aajj, +1.757.604.aakk, +1.202.566.aall, ??P50
10:20:00 <Zakim> mhausenblas has mhausenblas, boris
10:21:00 <wbrafford> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Community_Directory_Questionnaire
10:21:00 <bhyland> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/F2F1_Community_Directory_Discussion_Summary#Information_Collected.2FDisplayed
10:21:00 <bhyland> q?
10:24:00 <ZacharyWhitley> +1
10:24:00 <gatemezi> wbrafford: which type of technology will we manage to gather these data?
10:24:00 <DruidSmith> Zakim, .aall is me
10:24:00 <Zakim> sorry, DruidSmith, I do not recognize a party named '.aall'
10:24:00 <bhyland> q- ZacharyWhitley
10:24:00 <DruidSmith> Zakim, aall is me
10:24:00 <Zakim> +DruidSmith; got it
10:25:00 <HadleyBeeman> q+
10:25:00 <cory-c> I see no reason not to allow posting of information when it is available, people don't like to call vendors : )
10:25:00 <gatemezi> cory-c: alternative name ?
10:26:00 <Yigal> q+
10:26:00 <cory-c> gatemezi, cory-c is Cory Casanave, Model Driven Solutions
10:27:00 <olyerickson> q+
10:27:00 <mhausenblas> ack HadleyBeeman
10:27:00 <sandro> HadleyBeeman: int'l law and culture will affect this privacy/publicity question
10:28:00 <bhyland> Hadley: Due to legal & cultural differences, vendors/consultants may or may not be able or willing to put deployments info on the W3C Community Directory
10:28:00 <dpe> David Price, TopQuadrant on zakim and irc
10:29:00 <bhyland> Yigal: We should be driven by the purpose of the Community Directory.  I thought it was to help organizations get started and therefore having deployments detailed would be helpful.
10:29:00 <sandro> I agree with Yigal -- a big point of CD is for folks to learn from each other -- so there is value even if there are only a few entries -- it doesn't need to be complete.
10:29:00 <HadleyBeeman> +1 to Yigal
10:29:00 <wbrafford> +1 to Yigal
10:29:00 <cory-c> +1 Yigal
10:30:00 <bhyland> +1 Yigal and Olyerickson
10:30:00 <ZacharyWhitley> are we debating providing links to vendors or posting the content directly to the directory?
10:30:00 <cory-c> q+
10:30:00 <bhyland> q?
10:30:00 <George> +1 Cory, Sandro, Yigal, John
10:30:00 <bhyland> q- Yigal
10:30:00 <sandro> ZacharyWhitley, I think we're debating whether to even ask questions that lots of folks can't/wont answer.
10:30:00 <olyerickson> q-
10:30:00 <bhyland> q- olyerickson
10:30:00 <bhyland> q- cory-c
10:32:00 <bhyland> Topic: Best Practices Discussion
10:33:00 <mhausenblas> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/raw-file/78852cca9f1a/bp/index.html
10:33:00 <sandro> q+
10:33:00 <Zakim> +??P1
10:33:00 <gatemezi> mhausenblas: thanks for this draft
10:34:00 <sandro> zakim, who is talking?
10:34:00 <Zakim> sandro, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: mhausenblas (45%), +1.202.566.aaff (74%)
10:34:00 <sandro> zakim, mute aaff
10:34:00 <Zakim> +1.202.566.aaff should now be muted
10:35:00 <sandro> (the connection +1.202.566.aaff was causing echo, so I muted it.   sorry if that's you!)
10:36:00 <tobo> Hello from tobo
10:36:00 <bhyland> Mhausenblas: Discussed options for getting input on the Best Practices spec.  One option is get contributors to add to wiki.  Then Editors would be responsible for putting it into the editors draft.
10:37:00 <bhyland> q?
10:37:00 <gatemezi> I have also put two other links here http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Best_Practices_Discussion_Summary#2.2.3_URI_Construction
10:37:00 <gatemezi> Hope will be helpful
10:37:00 <bhyland> Sandro: Two solutions for editing, either ReSpec or the wiki.  Initially he thought this group would be better suited using the wiki.
10:38:00 <bhyland> Mhausenblas: There will be a day when we have to publish the first Working Draft.
10:38:00 <bhyland> q+

10:40:00 <johnlsheridan> I think the wiki is the best bet (agree with Sandro)
10:40:00 <HadleyBeeman> +1 to Bernadette that the wiki is an easy to do group work.  Less versioning, less confusion.
10:40:00 <HadleyBeeman> an easy place
10:41:00 <bhyland> To be clear, I think mhausenblas and I (bhyland) are suggesting that we use wiki, but that the editors pull the info over into ReSpec using Mercurial.
10:42:00 <gatemezi> +1 for Bernadette & mhausenblas proposal
10:42:00 <bhyland> q?
10:42:00 <sandro> q-
10:42:00 <olyerickson> I support either method (hg or wiki) ... as long as additions can be reverted, either is fine
10:43:00 <bhyland> q- sandro, bhyland
10:45:00 <olyerickson> +1 to Cookbook being "living" (evolving) document; wiki is a great approach; lives beyond GLD WG activity
10:45:00 <HadleyBeeman> Strong support to keep the cookbook as a live document; we're learning (collectively) loads all the time.  It would be a shame for it to become stale because we couldn't incorporate new progress.
10:46:00 <mhausenblas> +1
10:46:00 <gatemezi> +1
10:46:00 <Simpson_2> +1 for keeping it a live doc
10:46:00 <bhyland> Proposed: The Linked Data Cookbook be on a WG wiki now, but keep the option to move to non-WG wiki after the life of the WG to allow it to evolve over time.
10:47:00 <boris> r u writing the proposal?
10:47:00 <bhyland> q?
10:47:00 <George> +1
10:47:00 <mhausenblas> +1
10:47:00 <gatemezi> I think it could be approved?

10:48:00 <johnlsheridan> I should own up to knowing some things about procurement...
10:48:00 <sandro> RESOLVED: The Linked Data Cookbook be on a WG wiki now, but keep the option to move to non-WG wiki after the life of the WG to allow it to evolve over time.
10:48:00 <HadleyBeeman> I can help with stability
10:48:00 <olyerickson> What is "stability" in this contxt
10:48:00 <gatemezi> thanks, Sandro
10:48:00 <bhyland> Topic: Vocabulary, see http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Vocabulary_Discussion_Summary
10:49:00 <Zakim> +Sandro
10:49:00 <Zakim> - +1.617.489.aajj
10:49:00 <DruidSmith> +q
10:50:00 <olyerickson> I should be added to "Standard Vocabs" list of people...
10:50:00 <bhyland> Noted olyerickson.
10:50:00 <bhyland> q?
10:51:00 <Simpson_2> +q
10:51:00 <bhyland> @olyerickson, do you want to put down a topic or area you are interested in supporting under Vocabularies please?
10:52:00 <DruidSmith> -q
10:52:00 <bkaempgen> q+
10:52:00 <olyerickson> "LOL"
10:53:00 <mhausenblas> q?
10:53:00 <Simpson_2> +q
10:54:00 <bhyland> bkaempgen asked how to give feedback on the wiki page on Vocabulary Discussion.  He is interested in Cube Vocab but wants to give feedback on others too.
10:54:00 <olyerickson> q+
10:54:00 <olyerickson> +1 to "create a (comment) page and link to it..."
10:55:00 <bhyland> +1 to creating comment page linked from wiki if you have a lot of comments.
10:55:00 <mhausenblas> Michael: maybe NL should implement INSPIRE? :)
10:56:00 <George> the wiki has a 'discussion' tab for topics/articles/pages
10:56:00 <mhausenblas> q+
10:56:00 <boris> q+
10:56:00 <gatemezi> George: you are right..
10:56:00 <bkaempgen> q-
10:56:00 <bhyland> Bart: In EU, you have a lot of local gov't organizations who would have different encoding processes/methodologies/standards.
10:57:00 <HadleyBeeman> q+
10:57:00 <DruidSmith> If this is referring to NL-specific coordinate systems, there is a registry of spatial reference systems at the European Petroleum Survey Group which has most of the world's spatial reference systems
10:57:00 <bhyland> Bart: How do we capture regional specific ways of capturing information, it isn't the data that is specific, but how it is described by the region that unique.
10:58:00 <DruidSmith> http://www.epsg.org/ - EPSG is a recognized international standard for specifying coordinate systems within spatial databases, also there are WKT (Well Known Text) representations
10:59:00 <bhyland> q?
10:59:00 <bhyland> q- simpson
10:59:00 <bhyland> q- erickson
10:59:00 <mhausenblas> ack olyerickson
10:59:00 <ZacharyWhitley> this sould be contained within the geosparql spec
11:00:00 <bhyland> Resolved: Create a wiki page for discussion/background on topics related to the Deliverables.
11:00:00 <bhyland> q?
11:00:00 <mhausenblas> ack mhausenblas
11:01:00 <bhyland> mhausenblas: Do discussions via mailing list.  Write structured, agreed to parts on the wiki.
11:01:00 <gatemezi> RESOLVED: Create a wiki page for discussion/background on topics related to the Deliverable related to Geo spec/standards/methodologies
11:01:00 <bhyland> +1 to mhausenblas approach for iteration
11:01:00 <bhyland> q?
11:02:00 <mhausenblas> ack boris
11:02:00 <gatemezi> Do we have time to move to the 4th point?
11:02:00 <bhyland> who is speaking now?
11:02:00 <Zakim> -TGheen
11:02:00 <mhausenblas> http://data.semanticweb.org/person/asuncion-gomez-perez
11:03:00 <boris> thanks michael
11:03:00 <bhyland> q?
11:04:00 <gatemezi> Zakim, who is on the phone?
11:04:00 <Zakim> On the phone I see ZacharyWhitley, +1.540.898.aabb, wbrafford, bkaempgen, mhausenblas, +1.202.566.aaff (muted), George, cory-c, +1.518.276.aahh, Yigal, hadleybeeman, Simpson_2,
11:04:00 <Zakim> ... +1.757.604.aakk, DruidSmith, ??P50, ??P1, Sandro
11:04:00 <Zakim> mhausenblas has mhausenblas, boris
11:04:00 <mhausenblas> Zakim, list participants
11:04:00 <Zakim> As of this point the attendees have been +1.540.898.aabb, +1.443.708.aacc, +49.721.aadd, mhausenblas, +1.540.645.aaee, +1.202.566.aaff, wbrafford, bkaempgen, TGheen, boris,
11:04:00 <Zakim> ... +1.202.690.aagg, George, ZacharyWhitley, +1.518.276.aahh, hadleybeeman, Yigal, +1.617.489.aajj, Simpson_2, +1.757.604.aakk, cory-c, +1.202.566.aall, DruidSmith, Sandro
11:05:00 <Simpson_2> +1
11:05:00 <johnlsheridan> Bye
11:05:00 <Simpson_2> thx bye
11:05:00 <Zakim> - +1.202.566.aaff
11:05:00 <George> bye
11:05:00 <Zakim> -mhausenblas
11:05:00 <bhyland> adjourned
11:05:00 <Steeman> Thanks
11:05:00 <Zakim> -Sandro
11:05:00 <Zakim> -Simpson_2
11:05:00 <Zakim> -hadleybeeman
11:05:00 <Zakim> - +1.518.276.aahh
11:05:00 <Zakim> -bkaempgen
11:05:00 <Zakim> -Yigal
11:05:00 <Zakim> -George
11:05:00 <Zakim> -DruidSmith
11:06:00 <Zakim> -cory-c
11:06:00 <bhyland> Ghislain, are you familiar with the process for writing the minutes using zakim?
11:06:00 <Zakim> - +1.540.898.aabb
11:06:00 <Zakim> -ZacharyWhitley
11:06:00 <Zakim> -wbrafford
11:06:00 <Zakim> -??P50