From Government Linked Data (GLD) Working Group Wiki
Please justify/explain all edits to this page, in your "edit summary" text.
<sandro> present: bern, boris, cory, price, dean, george, gatemezi, mhaus, raphael, cygri, sandro, brafford <sandro> guest: David (DruidSmith) Smith, EPA <sandro> guest: Rick Murphy, GSA <sandro> guest: Tina Gheen, NSF/LoC <sandro> guest: Bart (Simpson) van Leeuwen, Fire Dept Amsterdam <sandro> guest: Benedikt (bkaempgen) Kämpgen, FZI Karlsruhe <sandro> guest: Hadley Beeman, LinkedGov <sandro> guest: Leonard Rosenthal, Adobe <sandro> guest: Zachary Whitley, JHU <sandro> guest: Gerald Steeman, NASA 13:59:15 <RRSAgent> RRSAgent has joined #gld 13:59:15 <RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/07/21-gld-irc 13:59:26 <boris> boris has joined #gld 13:59:28 <George> cool - thanks MH 13:59:37 <Zakim> + +1.202.557.aaee 13:59:44 <Zakim> + +1.704.302.aaff 13:59:55 <wbrafford> zakim, aaff is wbrafford 13:59:55 <Zakim> +wbrafford; got it 14:00:00 <Zakim> +Sandro 14:00:07 <Zakim> + +1.215.808.aagg 14:00:13 <Cory-c> Cory-c has joined #gld 14:00:16 <Zakim> +cygri 14:00:22 <mhausenblas> Zakim, I am mhausenblas 14:00:24 <Zakim> sorry, mhausenblas, I do not see a party named 'mhausenblas' 14:00:32 <mhausenblas> Zakim, cygri is really mhausenblas 14:00:32 <Zakim> +mhausenblas; got it 14:00:43 <Zakim> + +1.440.389.aahh 14:00:50 <Zakim> +??P25 14:00:58 <bhyland> bhyland has joined #gld 14:00:59 <Zakim> +??P29 14:01:00 <Zakim> + +1.703.992.aaii 14:01:08 <sandro> zakim, aabb is tina 14:01:08 <Zakim> +tina; got it 14:01:10 <lrosenth> lrosenth has joined #gld 14:01:32 <Zakim> +davidwood 14:01:32 <bkaempgen> zakim, who's here? 14:01:33 <Zakim> On the phone I see +49.721.aaaa, tina, +1.202.690.aacc, +1.757.604.aadd, +1.202.557.aaee, wbrafford, Sandro, +1.215.808.aagg, mhausenblas, +1.440.389.aahh, ??P25, ??P29, 14:01:33 <sandro> zakim, aadd is Gerald 14:01:36 <wbrafford> zakim, please mute wbrafford 14:01:39 <Zakim> ... +1.703.992.aaii, davidwood 14:01:39 <Cory-c> aaii is cory-c 14:01:43 <George> zakim, aacc is George 14:01:44 <Zakim> wbrafford should now be muted 14:01:46 <Zakim> +Gerald; got it 14:01:52 <Zakim> On IRC I see lrosenth, bhyland, Cory-c, boris, RRSAgent, bkaempgen, TGheen, wbrafford, rickmurphy, George, mhausenblas, Zakim, Simpson_2, danbri, raphael, cygri, sandro, trackbot 14:01:59 <Zakim> +George; got it 14:01:59 <lrosenth> 215 is me, Leonard Rosenthol (Adobe) 14:02:08 <Cory-c> zakim, aaii is cory-c 14:02:08 <sandro> zakim, aahh is hadley 14:02:15 <sandro> zakim, who is on the call? 14:02:20 <boris> zakim, boris is with mahusenblas 14:02:25 <Zakim> +cory-c; got it 14:02:25 <bkaempgen> zakim, aaaa is bkaempgen 14:02:29 <Zakim> +hadley; got it 14:02:44 <Zakim> On the phone I see +49.721.aaaa, tina, George, Gerald, +1.202.557.aaee, wbrafford (muted), Sandro, +1.215.808.aagg, mhausenblas, hadley, ??P25, ??P29, cory-c, davidwood 14:02:48 <gatemezi> gatemezi has joined #gld 14:02:53 <Zakim> sorry, boris, I do not recognize a party named 'mahusenblas' 14:03:00 <Zakim> +bkaempgen; got it 14:03:00 <bkaempgen> nick bkaempgen is Benedikt Kämpgen 14:03:04 <mhausenblas> Zakim, boris is with me 14:03:23 <bkaempgen> zakim, aaaa is bkaempgen 14:03:29 <Zakim> +boris; got it 14:03:34 <Zakim> +??P44 14:03:39 <bkaempgen> Zakim, aaaa is bkaempgen 14:03:43 <sandro> zakim, who is on the call? 14:03:45 <Zakim> sorry, bkaempgen, I do not recognize a party named 'aaaa' 14:04:00 <bkaempgen> Zakim, who's here? 14:04:07 <Zakim> sorry, bkaempgen, I do not recognize a party named 'aaaa' 14:04:09 <Simpson_2> Zakim, ??P44 is me 14:04:15 <Dean> Dean has joined #gld 14:04:16 <Zakim> On the phone I see bkaempgen, tina, George, Gerald, +1.202.557.aaee, wbrafford (muted), Sandro, +1.215.808.aagg, mhausenblas, hadley, ??P25, ??P29, cory-c, davidwood, ??P44 14:04:19 <Zakim> mhausenblas has mhausenblas, boris 14:04:23 <Zakim> On the phone I see bkaempgen, tina, George, Gerald, +1.202.557.aaee, wbrafford (muted), Sandro, +1.215.808.aagg, mhausenblas, hadley, ??P25, ??P29, cory-c, davidwood, ??P44 14:04:29 <Zakim> mhausenblas has mhausenblas, boris 14:04:34 <Zakim> +Simpson_2; got it 14:04:38 <Zakim> + +1.410.224.aajj 14:04:41 <HadleyBeeman> HadleyBeeman has joined #gld 14:04:44 <Zakim> On IRC I see Dean, gatemezi, lrosenth, bhyland, Cory-c, boris, RRSAgent, bkaempgen, TGheen, wbrafford, rickmurphy, George, mhausenblas, Zakim, Simpson_2, danbri, raphael, cygri, 14:04:50 <Zakim> ... sandro, trackbot 14:04:55 <Zakim> + +33.4.93.00.aakk 14:04:59 <cygri> zakim, i'm with mhausenblas 14:05:07 <Zakim> +cygri; got it 14:05:08 <raphael> zakim, aakk is raphael 14:05:09 <mhausenblas> Zakim, who's making noise? 14:05:15 <Zakim> +raphael; got it 14:05:23 <Zakim> mhausenblas, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: George (5%), Sandro (100%), +1.215.808.aagg (5%), ??P29 (10%) 14:05:30 <sandro> zakim, aaee is rick 14:05:33 <Zakim> +rick; got it 14:05:54 <sandro> zakim, aagg is Leonard 14:05:54 <Zakim> +Leonard; got it 14:06:28 <Zakim> + +1.202.566.aall 14:06:52 <sandro> zakim, ??P25 is Dean 14:06:52 <Zakim> +Dean; got it 14:07:04 <druidsmith> druidsmith has joined #gld 14:07:04 <sandro> zakim, ??P29 is Price 14:07:04 <Zakim> +Price; got it 14:07:14 <sandro> zakim, ??P44 is Todd 14:07:14 <Zakim> I already had ??P44 as Simpson_2, sandro 14:07:30 <sandro> zakim, who is on the call? 14:07:30 <Zakim> On the phone I see bkaempgen, tina, George, Gerald, rick, wbrafford (muted), Sandro, Leonard, mhausenblas, hadley, Dean, Price, cory-c, davidwood, Simpson_2, +1.410.224.aajj, 14:07:33 <Zakim> ... raphael, +1.202.566.aall 14:07:34 <Zakim> mhausenblas has mhausenblas, boris, cygri 14:07:58 <druidsmith> zakim, aall is me 14:07:58 <Zakim> +druidsmith; got it 14:08:48 <sandro> scribe: dean 14:09:17 <Dean> rrsagent, make records public 14:09:34 <mhausenblas> RRSAgent, draft minutes 14:09:34 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/07/21-gld-minutes.html mhausenblas 14:10:23 <Dean> topic: Poll for face-to-face 14:11:21 <Dean> Bern: can't do it as planned 14:11:32 <mhausenblas> q+ 14:11:40 <mhausenblas> q? 14:11:49 <Dean> Cory: Offers to host next f2f 14:11:56 <Simpson_2> +1 for europe ! 14:11:56 <sandro> (in DC) 14:12:02 <Dean> Bern: Prefer in UK or Ireland, to cycle. Europe next 14:12:02 <sandro> q? 14:12:26 <sandro> ack mhausenblas 14:12:29 <mhausenblas> ack me 14:12:37 <Zakim> + +1.240.228.aamm 14:12:40 <sandro> mhausenblas: DERI would be happy to host it 14:12:44 <Dean> mhausenblas: DERI would be happy to host the next f2f 14:12:52 <bhyland> @mhausenblas thank you for the offer 14:12:56 <gatemezi> +1 for Europe also.. 14:13:00 <raphael> +1 for DERI hosting a European F2F meeting of GLD 14:13:17 <bkaempgen> +1 for DERI hosting a European F2F meeting of GLD 14:13:19 <Dean> mhausenblas: DERI has experience hosting, near a hub 14:13:34 <raphael> DERI, http://www.deri.ie/ 14:13:45 <Dean> PROPOSED: Next F2F at DERI in Galway 14:13:54 <gatemezi> +1 for DERI 14:13:54 <Dean> Sandro: Requests good weather 14:13:58 <dpe> dpe has joined #gld 14:14:06 <Dean> ACTION @Sandro: Arrange good weather in Ireland for F2F 14:14:06 <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - @Sandro 14:14:07 <bhyland> Action: set up poll for next F2F with respective possible hosts 14:14:07 <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - set 14:14:30 <Simpson_2> maybe sync with semtech UK ? 14:14:41 <dpe> dpe is David Price 14:14:45 <Dean> Sandro: ask chairs to propose dates 14:15:02 <HadleyBeeman> q+ 14:15:04 <Dean> George: When is SemTech UK. A: Sept 26-27 14:15:19 <sandro> ack HadleyBeeman 14:15:29 <raphael> On 22-23 Sept, there is the Strata conf in US 14:15:50 <sandro> HadleyBeeman: we can't host, but can help with london organizing if it ends up here 14:15:58 <Dean> George: Move on to next agenda 14:16:05 <wbrafford> zakim, please unmute wbrafford 14:16:05 <Zakim> wbrafford should no longer be muted 14:16:13 <sandro> topic: Community Directory 14:16:17 <Dean> George: Ask about community directory 14:16:38 <Dean> wbrafford: Reveletyx in MD Community Directory 14:16:46 <Dean> ...: Wiki page stage 14:17:21 <bhyland> q+ 14:17:23 <Dean> ...: Considering controlled vocabulary. Proposing Knoodl for online collaboration 14:18:25 <Dean> Bern: Good idea. Flip side: Need simple, lightweight system. Err on the side of rough consesnsus and simplicity rather than complexity of vocabulary 14:18:43 <Dean> ...: Chairs discuss offer to host Callimchus instance 14:19:11 <George> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/F2F1_Community_Directory_Discussion_Summary 14:19:12 <Dean> ...: open source http://callimachusproject.org/ 14:19:37 <Dean> ...: Offer to show simple vocabulary example 14:20:04 <bhyland> http://callimachusproject.org 14:20:08 <Dean> ...: Deliverable in Sept time frame (community directory) 14:20:20 <wbrafford> If anyone wants to take a look at Knoodl, it's http://www.knoodl.com 14:20:43 <annew> annew has joined #gld 14:20:44 <Dean> George: wiki has brainstorm classifications already about what sort of info we want to capture in the directory 14:20:50 <Steeman> Steeman has joined #gld 14:21:01 <bhyland> Callimachus (kəlĭm'əkəs) is a framework for data-driven applications based on http://linkeddata.org/ principles. Callimachus allows Web authors to quickly and easily create semantically-enabled Web applications. 14:21:24 <mhausenblas> q+ to suggest to let the chairs sort that out - can we talk about content, pls 14:21:52 <Dean> George: Proposal to start with Knoodl first then move on to Callamachus? 14:21:58 <cygri> q? 14:21:59 <gatemezi> Concerning the comDir, how in practice to contact agencies? 14:22:07 <bhyland> q- 14:22:19 <mhausenblas> ack me 14:22:19 <Zakim> mhausenblas, you wanted to suggest to let the chairs sort that out - can we talk about content, pls 14:22:44 <Dean> mhausenblas: I know many tools, can we focus on content, insteade of tools? 14:23:03 <Dean> ...: W3C provides infrastructure, not a topic for this discussion 14:23:11 <Cory-c> q+ 14:23:42 <raphael> I have used knoodl.com in the past, and it can sometimes be a mess! I did have data loss as well :-( I would not recommend it 14:24:12 <Dean> Cory: No bias on tools, invites others to join in. 14:24:14 <bhyland> q+ 14:24:36 <bhyland> q- 14:24:44 <Dean> George: asks William for action item from current status 14:24:58 <bhyland> q+ 14:25:04 <Dean> wbrafford: Not sure where to go, big list of info to collect, how to go from list to something else 14:25:06 <Cory-c> q- 14:25:15 <Dean> ...: pilot? Or what next step? 14:25:15 <ZacharyWhitley> ZacharyWhitley has joined #gld 14:25:25 <sandro> q+ to agree pilot project 14:25:36 <Dean> George: Look at wiki, content from f2f, then do the usual thing. Does term URI exist? Do we want to put it into wiki? 14:25:47 <Dean> Bern: If anyone has requirements, please put into Wiki. 14:26:21 <Dean> ...: Won't discuss tooling, she's already done a Callimachus, will post on Amazon EC2 to show to others. She is driving from wiki reqts. Can do activities in parallel, 14:26:38 <Dean> ...: If we don't use others, we can do voc creation in Callimacchus. She'll show it next week. 14:27:00 <Dean> Sandro: I'd like to see questionnaire on Wikipage for what questions we are asking 14:27:17 <Dean> ...: phrased in a way that someone who knows nothing about vocs or rdf could type it in 14:27:25 <Dean> ...: get volunteers 14:27:38 <Dean> George: Look at brainstorming section, what sector, what website, etc. 14:27:53 <Dean> Sandro: Once we get people filling that out, we'll get refinement and know what explanatory text goes with them 14:28:38 <Dean> George: Simple "draw us the graph" whether exisitng voc or ones we are coming up with is to help new folks, viz may be more meaningful than URIs 14:28:45 <rickmurphy> q+ 14:28:49 <bhyland> -q 14:29:06 <Dean> George: action from Sandro, to get volunteers for questionnaire 14:29:10 <Dean> topic: Outreach for community directory 14:29:13 <rickmurphy> ready to report on outreach 14:29:29 <Dean> rickmurphy: Ready to report on outreach 14:29:33 <Dean> q+ 14:29:47 <mhausenblas> q? 14:29:48 <wbrafford> q+ 14:29:55 <Dean> -q 14:30:27 <Dean> George: Action for wbrafford to solicit volunteers to make question form of the info that was captured in the discussion summary, to help drive us toward thinking of terms, URIs and vocabularies 14:30:34 <Dean> ...: Do it with this or another wiki page 14:30:35 <wbrafford> ack me 14:30:54 <Dean> wbrafford: I can go through info so far, make questionnaire, talk to chairs about soliciting answers. 14:31:01 <Dean> George: sounds great 14:31:16 <Dean> wbrafford: will make questions for 4 things, deployments, contractors, products 14:31:21 <Dean> ...: outreach from rmurphy 14:31:29 <Dean> George: acks Rick 14:31:48 <Dean> rmurphy: links on main page from last meeting: Technology policy leader and civil society 14:32:03 <gatemezi> I could help William for questionnaires 14:32:07 <Dean> ...: Others are welcome to fill in info they have on governance, who leaders are we'd like to outreach 14:32:08 <ZacharyWhitley> zakim, who's here? 14:32:08 <Zakim> On the phone I see bkaempgen, tina, George, Gerald, rick, wbrafford, Sandro, Leonard, mhausenblas, hadley, Dean, Price, cory-c, davidwood, Simpson_2, +1.410.224.aajj, raphael 14:32:11 <Zakim> ... (muted), druidsmith, +1.240.228.aamm 14:32:12 <Dean> ...: what organizations and topics 14:32:13 <Zakim> mhausenblas has mhausenblas, boris, cygri 14:32:15 <Zakim> On IRC I see ZacharyWhitley, Steeman, annew, dpe, druidsmith, HadleyBeeman, Dean, gatemezi, lrosenth, bhyland, Cory-c, boris, RRSAgent, bkaempgen, TGheen, wbrafford, rickmurphy, 14:32:17 <Zakim> ... George, mhausenblas, Zakim, Simpson_2, danbri, raphael, cygri, sandro, trackbot 14:32:41 <Dean> ...: if you look at tech policy leaders page, Rick has filled in ... public sector information and open data 14:32:52 <Dean> ...: Wants to have enough to start further dicussion aobut outreach 14:32:55 <Dean> ...: Close to doing that. 14:33:09 <Dean> ...: doon't want to develop complete list on where to start 14:33:18 <Dean> ...: we see activities arleady starting in pblic sector 14:33:26 <Dean> ...: e.g. State dept last week meeting on Open Data 14:33:42 <Dean> ...: Think about engagement plan, structure outreach 14:34:05 <Dean> Bern: Rick, can you provide more guidance than identifying policy leaders? 14:34:38 <Dean> ...: There's a list from recent meeting in Brazil 14:35:02 <Dean> ...: What's the point? Transparency? These are the people to talk to? Extend invitation? What is the point of the list? Please provide more guidance for use of the list 14:35:14 <Dean> rmurphy: Want to understand concern 14:35:39 <Dean> ...: Identification of outreach in charter. Not privy to original planning. Must be some ideas for how outreach should be conducted? 14:35:59 <Dean> Bern: Was part of charter planning. We see it needs to be addressed, working group members have task to figure it out. 14:36:18 <HadleyBeeman> +1 to Bernadette's point. I can help identify people in the UK if I can work out who we're looking for. 14:36:22 <Dean> ...: Put ideas there, so we can agree or disagree 14:36:35 <Dean> ...: Maybe we want people below the top levels, the "doers" 14:36:54 <Dean> ...: Bosses speaking, doers hearing the needs and can form better policy around e.g., gov't linked data 14:37:06 <Dean> ...: If you have any ideas, what's here now leaves me ocld 14:37:16 <Dean> ...: Aneesh Chopra, is a spokesperson 14:37:30 <Dean> rmurphy: that is part of formulating an outreach plan might be 14:37:43 <Dean> ...: A good place to start a discussion on the listserve to build consensus on plan 14:37:53 <Dean> Bern: Try to enlist question on this call to have a core group 14:38:19 <Dean> ...: in earlier effort, we had a number of people on this call, get a core group of 2 or 3, so rmurphy isn't the only one 14:38:26 <Steeman> I'll volunteer 14:38:29 <Dean> George: That sounds great, take conversation to listserv 14:38:52 <Dean> ...: Largely tied to procurement, this engagement plan is good, but is a differnet dimension 14:38:59 <Dean> ...: we'll start with listserve 14:39:24 <wbrafford> zakim, please mute wbrafford 14:39:24 <Zakim> wbrafford should now be muted 14:39:42 <Dean> Topic: Best Practices 14:39:49 <mhausenblas> q+ 14:39:57 <Dean> George: Who is Best Practices lead? 14:40:03 <Dean> Bern: More than one item, more than one person 14:40:05 <mhausenblas> q? 14:40:11 <bhyland> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Best_Practices_Discussion_Summary 14:40:11 <Dean> ...: Look at BP summary page 14:40:29 <Simpson_2> +q 14:40:35 <Dean> ...: we have many of these people on the call 14:40:38 <lrosenth> q 14:40:46 <rickmurphy> q- 14:40:48 <lrosenth> q+ 14:40:51 <Dean> ...: use this call to have michael or TQ to comment on the items on this list 14:41:01 <Dean> George: Time check. 20 mins out 14:41:14 <Dean> ...: Use it on second deliverable, or also third (Vocabularies)? 14:41:31 <rickmurphy> +1 vocabs 14:41:43 <Dean> ...: Work on BP, see how far we get. 14:42:07 <mhausenblas> q? 14:42:14 <Dean> Bern: How does voc selection in BP related to vocabularies where we do have people listed (no one listed here) 14:42:18 <druidsmith> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Vocabulary_Discussion_Summary 14:42:19 <cygri> q+ 14:42:25 <Dean> ...: Are these the same XXX never mind 14:42:44 <Dean> ...: reached out to Jim Hendler, has no one to appoint to this WG 14:43:03 <Dean> ...: URI construction work drafted by data.gov.uk 14:43:17 <Dean> ...: RPI stuff, we do have some content around this, its more about documenting and putting it together and reviewing it 14:43:20 <mhausenblas> q? 14:43:29 <raphael> Datalift (French project) will soon publish a document about URI design pattern ... inspired from a comparison of various data.gov 14:43:30 <Dean> ...: Does anyone want to own this point? 14:43:40 <Dean> ...: Not going to get work from RPI in near future 14:44:02 <mhausenblas> ack me 14:44:13 <sandro> q- 14:44:25 <Dean> mhausenblas: Volunteer to edit the draft, contribute to all of them, not really care about details, volunteer to be an editor, with anyone else. 14:44:42 <Dean> Bern: Thank you michael, to move it forward so that it doesn't languish. 14:44:56 <Dean> Bern: Vocabulary selection and URI construction (unless m disagrees) 14:45:03 <Dean> mhausenblas: Agreed. 14:45:24 <Dean> Bern: Versioning related to data^3. RPI has noone to offer for this 14:45:41 <Dean> ...: specify how to publish data, different time periods, different vocs, retracting. 14:45:46 <Dean> q+ 14:45:53 <HadleyBeeman> q+ 14:46:10 <Simpson_2> q- 14:46:16 <raphael> Raphael: gatemezi (Ghislain from EURECOM) also agrees to co-edit the document about URI design pattern with Michael 14:46:16 <Dean> Dean: See if TQ has insight for Versioning, will report back 14:46:21 <Cory-c> Yes, some experiance in versioning - more on the user side 14:46:43 <raphael> q+ 14:46:56 <cygri> q- 14:46:59 <Dean> Bern: Stabiliy, Ann 14:47:04 <dpe> I'm willing to contribute to legacy data and vocab �items for TopQuadrant 14:47:19 <Dean> ...: Irene on Legacy. Any news? 14:47:21 <dpe> q+ 14:47:46 <Dean> David Price: willing to contribute to Legacy and Vocabulary 14:47:52 <mhausenblas> q? 14:47:55 <HadleyBeeman> On versioning: We're currently establishing policies on versioning, so grappling with a lot of those issues. I'm happy to help on that. 14:47:56 <Dean> Bern: mhausenblas Voc Selection, or other Voc? 14:48:06 <Dean> Dpe: Unclear - need to determine which one 14:48:27 <Dean> Bern: Put david's name next to voc and legacy 14:48:38 <Dean> Bern: Put Bern next to Linked Data Cookbook 14:48:40 <Zakim> + +1.202.270.aann 14:48:45 <Simpson_2> +q 14:48:48 <ZacharyWhitley> I'm willing to contribute to legacy data and vocab items 14:48:48 <Dean> -q 14:48:58 <Steeman> Would be interested in legacy as well. 14:49:03 <Dean> Bern: Confirm Michael as ed for WD 14:49:16 <Dean> Bern: will take this to email for report next week 14:49:17 <rickmurphy> q+ 14:49:21 <mhausenblas> Michael: actually should be ED (Editor's Draft) 14:49:22 <dpe> q- 14:49:23 <Dean> George: recognizes rosenthal 14:49:46 <Dean> lrosenth: Wants to discuss BP are "using W3C Standards" to increase interop 14:49:58 <Dean> ...: Why limit only to W3C standards, and not open standards from other bodies 14:50:10 <Dean> Bern: encourages Sandro to answer 14:50:43 <Dean> Sandro: Agree with sentiment, open is important. "Open Standard" has no precise meaning, lot of figh over that, e.g., "patents", could be clarified what we mean there. 14:51:04 <Dean> lrosenth: could we change language to be more wide-reaching. Agree, we want standards that are acceptably open 14:51:27 <Dean> ...: Problem is "what is open" defined by context, gov't, goal should be to deliver something usable by as many as possible, regardless of the body 14:51:32 <raphael> q? 14:51:34 <bhyland> q+ 14:51:40 <raphael> zakim, ack lrosenth 14:51:40 <Zakim> I see HadleyBeeman, raphael, Simpson_, rickmurphy, bhyland on the speaker queue 14:51:42 <lrosenth> q- 14:52:08 <Dean> HadleyBeeman: Versioning, we're working on versioning for british gov't will be happy to contribute 14:52:21 <Cory-c> Standards for vocabularies are not just W3C: There are a lot of vocabularies, models, etc. in other organizations that can be represented as LOD 14:52:26 <bhyland> @hadleybeeman thank you for volunteering. noted. 14:52:54 <mhausenblas> +1 to raphael's suggestion re DataLift.org 14:52:55 <Dean> raphael: Eurecom - looking for people to various docs - french data.gov has deliverable for URI patterns. This could be input for URI document. 14:53:20 <rickmurphy> I have added a page to the wiki called semiotics for linked data as a partial response to "Why the Semantic Web Will Never Work" 14:53:24 <mhausenblas> Michael: sandro, I don't have CVS access to the module WWW/2011/gld 14:53:31 <raphael> zakim, ack me 14:53:31 <Zakim> I see HadleyBeeman, Simpson_, rickmurphy, bhyland on the speaker queue 14:53:34 <Dean> Bern: Clarified adds to editors on Wiki to respond to this 14:53:36 <ZacharyWhitley> my impression is that the us govt thinks of open as in BSD not as in GPL 14:53:42 <HadleyBeeman> q- 14:53:46 <mhausenblas> ... hence I can't put the ED there - can you check pls, sandro? 14:54:06 <Dean> rickmurphy: Added page to wiki about semiotics for linked data 14:55:07 <Dean> Simpson_: Reading and listening, first time at this group, interested in helping out in BP, not sure where to jump in. I think I like Linked Data Cookbook, love to volunteer, not sure where to put his name 14:55:10 <Simpson_2> :) 14:55:11 <Simpson_2> -q 14:55:16 <rickmurphy> q- 14:55:47 <Zakim> -wbrafford 14:55:47 <Dean> Bern: @l "Why W3C standards?" Only so much a group can be expert in. We won't entertain changes to charter 14:56:13 <George> http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/charter 14:56:13 <bhyland> @lrosenth http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/charter 14:56:15 <Dean> lrosenth: Saw this on BP page, not in charter. He'd love to see charter, to see how it is related. 14:56:28 <mhausenblas> q? 14:56:35 <bhyland> q- 14:56:35 <mhausenblas> sandro? 14:56:42 <Dean> George: BP conclusion not finished, but clarified participation. 14:56:46 <ZacharyWhitley> What about converting Oasis standards to RDF? 14:56:52 <Dean> ...: Thanks. Let's review Action Items 14:57:16 <bhyland> Topic: Volunteers to help move the Deliverables forward 14:57:17 <bhyland> • Procurement: Katherine Goodier(L3 Communications) 14:57:17 <bhyland> • Vocabulary Selection: Michael Hausenblas (DERI), Ghislain (INSTITUT TELECOM, David Price (TopQuadrant) 14:57:17 <bhyland> • URI Construction: Michael Hausenblas (DERI) 14:57:17 <bhyland> • Versioning (related to Data "Cube") Dean (TopQuadrant), Cory-C, Hadley Beeman 14:57:17 <bhyland> • Stability: Anne Washington (George Mason University) 14:57:19 <bhyland> • Legacy Data: David Price (TopQuadrant) 14:57:21 <bhyland> • Cookbook for Linked Data: Bernadette Hyland (3 Round Stones), Bart (Netherlands) 14:57:23 <bhyland> • Editor for the Working Draft: Michael Hausenblas (DERI) 14:57:28 <Dean> George: are we all on track for dates 14:57:34 <rickmurphy> action: rick will lead an outreach discussion on the wiki 14:57:34 <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - rick 14:57:47 <mhausenblas> s/Editor for the Working Draft/Editor for the Editor's Draft 14:57:52 <Dean> Bern: Take this up after going through deliverables. 2.3 Vocabularies, then we should ask about dates in next meeting 14:58:02 <Dean> ...: Probably publications already in this area 14:58:08 <raphael> s/URI Construction: Michael Hausenblas (DERI)/URI Construction: Michael Hausenblas (DERI), Ghislain (INSTITUT TELECOM) 14:58:09 <Dean> ...: Others might want to push them out 14:58:13 <lrosenth> @bhyland - there is nothing in the charter that limits/restricts what technologies from what organizations will be chosen. 14:58:24 <Dean> ...: Get through all sections before reviewing dates. 14:58:45 <mhausenblas> s/URI Construction: Michael Hausenblas (DERI), Ghislain (INSTITUT TELECOM)/URI Construction: Ghislain (INSTITUT TELECOM), Michael Hausenblas (DERI) 14:58:47 <Dean> Topic: Announcements 14:59:06 <Dean> Bern: AAAI Symposium on Govt Linked data, she'll post details to group 14:59:26 <Dean> ...: Contributors to Linked Gov Data book plus international # SPECIAL MARKER FOR CHATSYNC. DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE OR BELOW. SRCLINESUSED=00000381