IRC log of gld on 2011-12-15

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:52:52 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #gld
14:52:52 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/12/15-gld-irc
14:52:54 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
14:52:54 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #gld
14:52:56 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be EGOV_GLD
14:52:56 [Zakim]
I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled within the next hour, trackbot
14:52:57 [trackbot]
Meeting: Government Linked Data Working Group Teleconference
14:52:57 [trackbot]
Date: 15 December 2011
14:53:00 [sandro]
zakim, this will be gld
14:53:01 [Zakim]
ok, sandro; I see T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM scheduled to start in 7 minutes
14:53:43 [BenediktKaempgen]
hello
14:55:51 [BenediktKaempgen]
Scribe: BenediktKaempgen
14:56:15 [Zakim]
T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM has now started
14:56:22 [Zakim]
+davidwood
14:56:29 [bhyland]
zakim, davidwood is me
14:56:29 [Zakim]
+bhyland; got it
14:56:53 [olyerickson]
olyerickson has joined #GLD
14:57:08 [Zakim]
+George
14:57:13 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
14:57:17 [olyerickson]
I'll be on in a second... busy day at #TWCRPI ;)
14:57:28 [George]
George has joined #gld
14:57:39 [bhyland]
If anyone wanted to share what RDF is with their kids, here is something fun for you to share, see  http://3roundstones.com/linked-data-101/rdf-explained/
14:57:40 [Zakim]
+HadleyBeeman
14:58:09 [gatemezin]
gatemezin has joined #gld
14:58:29 [BenediktKaempgen]
rrsagent, make records public
14:58:42 [BenediktKaempgen]
Scribe: BenediktKaempgen
14:58:50 [BenediktKaempgen]
Chair: bhyland
14:59:17 [Mike_Pendleton]
Mike_Pendleton has joined #gld
14:59:31 [tgheen]
tgheen has joined #gld
14:59:32 [martin]
martin has joined #gld
14:59:55 [Zakim]
+ +1.202.566.aaaa
15:00:04 [BenediktKaempgen]
trackbot-ng, start telcon
15:00:06 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
15:00:08 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be EGOV_GLD
15:00:08 [Zakim]
I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled within the next hour, trackbot
15:00:09 [trackbot]
Meeting: Government Linked Data Working Group Teleconference
15:00:09 [trackbot]
Date: 15 December 2011
15:00:24 [BenediktKaempgen]
scribe: BenediktKaempgen
15:00:34 [BenediktKaempgen]
chair: bhyland
15:00:43 [LuisBermudez]
LuisBermudez has joined #gld
15:00:46 [bhyland]
zakim, who is on the call?
15:00:46 [Zakim]
I notice T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM has restarted
15:00:48 [Zakim]
On the phone I see bhyland, George, [IPcaller], HadleyBeeman, +1.202.566.aaaa, [LC]
15:00:58 [bhyland]
Did we just kicked off the call?
15:01:03 [tgheen]
Zakim, [LC] is me
15:01:03 [Zakim]
+tgheen; got it
15:01:09 [Zakim]
+sandro
15:01:17 [Zakim]
+ +1.267.481.aabb
15:01:26 [Zakim]
+raphael
15:01:30 [Zakim]
+DanG
15:01:32 [bhyland]
zakim, aaaa is Mike_Pendleton
15:01:32 [Zakim]
+Mike_Pendleton; got it
15:01:38 [BenediktKaempgen]
agenda: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon2011.12.15#Agenda
15:01:47 [bhyland]
zakim, who is on the call?
15:01:47 [Zakim]
On the phone I see bhyland, George, [IPcaller], HadleyBeeman, Mike_Pendleton, tgheen, sandro, +1.267.481.aabb, raphael, DanG
15:02:08 [DanG]
DanG has joined #gld
15:02:25 [HadleyBeeman]
zakim, aabb is luisbermudez
15:02:27 [Zakim]
+luisbermudez; got it
15:02:31 [bhyland]
zakim, aabb is LuisBemudez
15:02:34 [Zakim]
sorry, bhyland, I do not recognize a party named 'aabb'
15:02:40 [rreck]
rreck has joined #GLD
15:02:45 [BenediktKaempgen]
BenediktKaempgen is connected through Skype. Hope it will stay connected.
15:03:32 [Zakim]
+??P38
15:03:34 [BenediktKaempgen]
bhyland: one more call on 22nd of December?
15:03:37 [HadleyBeeman]
I'm travelling on 22 Dec, unfortunately
15:03:49 [George]
I can make the 22nd
15:03:51 [gatemezin]
q+
15:03:54 [Druidsmith]
Druidsmith has joined #gld
15:03:55 [bhyland]
zakim, who is on the call?
15:03:55 [Zakim]
On the phone I see bhyland, George, [IPcaller], HadleyBeeman, Mike_Pendleton, tgheen, sandro, luisbermudez, raphael, DanG, ??P38
15:04:03 [Zakim]
-??P38
15:04:05 [BenediktKaempgen]
I cannot
15:04:14 [Zakim]
+??P38
15:04:18 [gatemezin]
I can make also on the 22nd
15:04:22 [GeraldSteeman]
GeraldSteeman has joined #GLD
15:04:29 [Zakim]
+rreck
15:04:34 [HadleyBeeman]
zakim, ?p38 is benediktkempgen
15:04:34 [Zakim]
sorry, HadleyBeeman, I do not recognize a party named '?p38'
15:04:38 [DanG]
I probably can't attend next week. Don't count on me.
15:04:43 [HadleyBeeman]
zakim, p38 is benediktkempgen
15:04:43 [Zakim]
sorry, HadleyBeeman, I do not recognize a party named 'p38'
15:05:00 [HadleyBeeman]
zakim, +??P38 is benediktkempgen
15:05:01 [Zakim]
sorry, HadleyBeeman, I do not recognize a party named '+??P38'
15:05:05 [HadleyBeeman]
zakim, who's here
15:05:05 [Zakim]
HadleyBeeman, you need to end that query with '?'
15:05:09 [HadleyBeeman]
zakim, who's here?
15:05:09 [Zakim]
On the phone I see bhyland, George, [IPcaller], HadleyBeeman, Mike_Pendleton, tgheen, sandro, luisbermudez, raphael, DanG, ??P38, rreck
15:05:12 [Zakim]
On IRC I see GeraldSteeman, Druidsmith, rreck, DanG, LuisBermudez, martin, tgheen, Mike_Pendleton, gatemezin, George, olyerickson, Zakim, RRSAgent, HadleyBeeman, BenediktKaempgen,
15:05:14 [BenediktKaempgen]
Accept last minutes?
15:05:16 [Zakim]
... trackbot, bhyland, danbri, sandro
15:05:22 [Zakim]
+??P41
15:05:31 [martin]
zakim, mute me
15:05:32 [HadleyBeeman]
zakim, ??P38 is benediktkempgen
15:05:35 [Zakim]
sorry, martin, I do not know which phone connection belongs to you
15:05:39 [Zakim]
+benediktkempgen; got it
15:05:40 [BenediktKaempgen]
PROPOSED: accept minutes
15:05:46 [martin]
zakim, ??p41 is me
15:05:46 [HadleyBeeman]
zakim, who's here?
15:05:47 [Zakim]
+martin; got it
15:05:47 [bhyland]
http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2011-12-08
15:05:51 [Zakim]
On the phone I see bhyland, George, [IPcaller], HadleyBeeman, Mike_Pendleton, tgheen, sandro, luisbermudez, raphael, DanG, benediktkempgen, rreck, martin
15:05:56 [Zakim]
On IRC I see GeraldSteeman, Druidsmith, rreck, DanG, LuisBermudez, martin, tgheen, Mike_Pendleton, gatemezin, George, olyerickson, Zakim, RRSAgent, HadleyBeeman, BenediktKaempgen,
15:06:01 [Zakim]
... trackbot, bhyland, danbri, sandro
15:06:08 [George]
confirmed :)
15:06:14 [gatemezin]
+1
15:06:21 [olyerickson]
zakim, who is on the phone?
15:06:21 [Zakim]
On the phone I see bhyland, George, [IPcaller], HadleyBeeman, Mike_Pendleton, tgheen, sandro, luisbermudez, raphael, DanG, benediktkempgen, rreck, martin
15:06:22 [George]
+1
15:06:23 [Yigal]
Yigal has joined #gld
15:06:26 [sandro]
zakim, who is talking?
15:06:37 [rreck]
someone is breathing quite loudly
15:06:37 [Zakim]
sandro, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: bhyland (5%), George (29%)
15:06:45 [Zakim]
+GeraldSteeman
15:06:53 [bhyland]
Action Item review, see http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/actions/open
15:06:53 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - Item
15:07:18 [sandro]
zakim, who is talking?
15:07:19 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller.a]
15:07:21 [BenediktKaempgen]
minutes accepted?
15:07:22 [bhyland]
zakim, who is speaking?
15:07:29 [Zakim]
sandro, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: bhyland (5%), benediktkempgen (8%), ??P46 (5%)
15:07:34 [Yigal]
zakim, IPcaller.a i sme
15:07:34 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'IPcaller.a i sme', Yigal
15:07:39 [Zakim]
bhyland, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: bhyland (18%), sandro (15%), benediktkempgen (5%), [IPcaller.a] (9%)
15:07:44 [Yigal]
zakim, IPcaller.a is me
15:07:45 [Zakim]
+Yigal; got it
15:07:53 [BenediktKaempgen]
I am muted.
15:07:55 [sandro]
zakim, mute BenediktKaempgen
15:07:56 [Zakim]
sorry, sandro, I do not know which phone connection belongs to BenediktKaempgen
15:08:06 [sandro]
Zakim, mute benediktkempgen
15:08:06 [Zakim]
benediktkempgen should now be muted
15:08:12 [bhyland]
zakim, who is talking?
15:08:13 [sandro]
zakim, mute IPcaller.a
15:08:13 [Zakim]
sorry, sandro, I do not know which phone connection belongs to IPcaller.a
15:08:21 [Zakim]
+DruidSmith_
15:08:22 [Zakim]
bhyland, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: sandro (14%)
15:08:23 [gatemezin]
Zakim, mute gatemezin
15:08:23 [Zakim]
sorry, gatemezin, I do not know which phone connection belongs to gatemezin
15:08:23 [sandro]
zakim, who is making noise?
15:08:25 [martin]
zakim, who is muted?
15:08:25 [Zakim]
I see benediktkempgen muted
15:08:34 [Zakim]
sandro, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: DruidSmith_ (60%), bhyland (44%), sandro (33%)
15:08:45 [sandro]
zakim, mute Druidsmith_
15:08:45 [Zakim]
DruidSmith_ should now be muted
15:08:47 [Zakim]
+ +1.518.276.aacc
15:08:55 [olyerickson]
zakim aacc is me
15:08:55 [gatemezin]
Zakim, mute raphael
15:08:57 [Zakim]
raphael should now be muted
15:09:01 [sandro]
zakim, who is muted?
15:09:01 [Zakim]
I see raphael, benediktkempgen, DruidSmith_ muted
15:09:12 [olyerickson]
zakim, aacc is me.
15:09:12 [Zakim]
+olyerickson; got it
15:09:20 [olyerickson]
the noise is NOT me
15:09:35 [GeraldSteeman]
* The Zakim bridge has the capability to mute conferees. (Muting blocks sound on a conferee's line from being heard on the conference.) Conferees can mute themselves by dialing 61#. In that case, unmute is 60#.
15:09:43 [BenediktKaempgen]
RESOLVED: accept minutes
15:10:10 [rreck]
zakim, mute me
15:10:11 [Zakim]
rreck should now be muted
15:10:12 [BenediktKaempgen]
Topic: Community Directory update
15:10:20 [bhyland]
http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/actions/9
15:10:39 [DanG]
I muted for a few seconds, but the sound continued anyway.
15:10:46 [bhyland]
zakim, who is a talking?
15:10:46 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, bhyland.
15:10:51 [gatemezin]
bhyland: acton-9 still open
15:11:13 [gatemezin]
s/acton/action
15:11:24 [sandro]
zakim, mute martin
15:11:24 [Zakim]
martin should now be muted
15:11:35 [sandro]
martin, it was you making the noise.
15:12:00 [rreck]
zakim, unmute me
15:12:01 [Zakim]
rreck should no longer be muted
15:12:02 [BenediktKaempgen]
action-13: will be send soon
15:12:02 [trackbot]
ACTION-13 Post OGV docs as input to GLD on GLD wiki notes added
15:12:06 [sandro]
zakim, who is muted?
15:12:06 [Zakim]
I see raphael, benediktkempgen, martin, DruidSmith_ muted
15:12:17 [sandro]
Zakim, unmute benediktkempgen
15:12:17 [Zakim]
benediktkempgen should no longer be muted
15:12:23 [sandro]
zakim, unmute DruidSmith_
15:12:23 [Zakim]
DruidSmith_ should no longer be muted
15:12:31 [gatemezin]
??: will send documents for action-13 very soon
15:12:39 [sandro]
s/??/DanG/
15:13:02 [Zakim]
-benediktkempgen
15:13:45 [gatemezin]
http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/actions/16
15:13:46 [rreck]
can i be involved in that please?
15:13:59 [BenediktKaempgen]
thanks gatemezin
15:14:01 [gatemezin]
bhyland: discussion started
15:14:04 [rreck]
my good friend Ken Sall talks to me about NIEM all the time
15:14:20 [BenediktKaempgen]
topic: Action Items
15:14:37 [rreck]
let's hope it doesnt use anonymous nodes
15:14:43 [gatemezin]
... with Cory.. planning to model and use of conversion programme to RDF
15:14:55 [BenediktKaempgen]
... not sure whether good rdf
15:15:17 [gatemezin]
action-16 is closed
15:15:44 [BenediktKaempgen]
subtopic: action-18
15:15:48 [sandro]
close action-16
15:15:48 [trackbot]
ACTION-16 Agreed to facilitate NIEM discussion and get outline started working with bhyland. closed
15:16:13 [BenediktKaempgen]
jerrickson: action item community draft supersedes it?
15:16:28 [gatemezin]
http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/actions/18
15:16:32 [bhyland]
ACTION-18: Agreed to facilitate initial wiki draft on Vocab page on VCAT.
15:16:33 [trackbot]
ACTION-18 Agreed to facilitate initial wiki draft on Vocab page on VCAT. notes added
15:16:50 [BenediktKaempgen]
olyerickson: what means wiki draft
15:16:51 [BenediktKaempgen]
?
15:17:13 [gatemezin]
??: create a Community draft for that, it is the focus
15:17:33 [gatemezin]
..may be that action should be closed
15:17:47 [BenediktKaempgen]
http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/actions/open
15:18:16 [gatemezin]
s/??/olyerickson
15:18:39 [BenediktKaempgen]
olyerickson: vcat, ok.
15:19:02 [BenediktKaempgen]
... remains open
15:19:27 [BenediktKaempgen]
bhyland: olyerickson please ping George or bhyland to clarify
15:19:45 [DanG]
I posted the Open Government Vocabularies documents on 7 December
15:19:48 [BenediktKaempgen]
http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/actions/20
15:20:01 [BenediktKaempgen]
http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/actions/21
15:20:03 [gatemezin]
action-20 still open
15:20:24 [BenediktKaempgen]
action-21 will be talked about later
15:20:41 [BenediktKaempgen]
subtopic: action-22
15:20:44 [gatemezin]
http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/actions/22
15:20:59 [BenediktKaempgen]
??: wiki content will be synthesized
15:21:15 [BenediktKaempgen]
... will have something relatively substantial.
15:21:26 [gatemezin]
s/??/rreck
15:21:40 [BenediktKaempgen]
action-23 - anyone heard from TopQuadrant
15:22:00 [BenediktKaempgen]
action-24 - community draft, dcat
15:22:02 [gatemezin]
http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/actions/24
15:22:24 [BenediktKaempgen]
olyerrickson: should be done rather soon
15:22:48 [BenediktKaempgen]
... sill some issues in discussion, e.g., language issue
15:22:49 [gatemezin]
??: still have some issues in discussion, like the language issue
15:23:19 [gatemezin]
s/??/olyerickson
15:23:34 [gatemezin]
s/olyerrickson/olyerickson
15:23:56 [BenediktKaempgen]
... people might be surprised that not much has changed
15:24:13 [BenediktKaempgen]
bhyland: enough open discussion
15:24:26 [BenediktKaempgen]
olyerickson: yes, there was some discussion
15:24:43 [BenediktKaempgen]
bhyland: waht does the deadline mean?
15:24:47 [George]
that's a semic.eu deadline i believe
15:25:11 [BenediktKaempgen]
olyerickson: put something readable on W3C page
15:25:26 [gatemezin]
s/waht/what
15:25:47 [BenediktKaempgen]
action-25
15:25:49 [bhyland]
https://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/actions/25
15:26:21 [BenediktKaempgen]
George: part of data.gov discussion.
15:26:33 [BenediktKaempgen]
Relevant to procurement section, therefore included.
15:26:51 [BenediktKaempgen]
... Should be easy for Richard to recapture
15:27:02 [olyerickson]
Re DCAT discussions, see e.g. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-gld-wg/2011Dec/thread.html
15:27:28 [BenediktKaempgen]
action-26 - what does it mean?
15:27:37 [sandro]
action-26?
15:27:37 [trackbot]
ACTION-26 -- Bernadette Hyland to pull the list of things to check and notify the group -- due 2011-12-15 -- OPEN
15:27:37 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/actions/26
15:27:39 [BenediktKaempgen]
bhyland: maybe f2f?
15:28:02 [BenediktKaempgen]
... scribes please create understandable action items
15:28:03 [olyerickson]
... notice the dcat:language thread
15:28:15 [BenediktKaempgen]
topic: Community Directory update
15:28:18 [bhyland]
http://dir.w3.org/
15:28:26 [gatemezin]
action-26: not understanding what does it mean...
15:28:27 [trackbot]
ACTION-26 Pull the list of things to check and notify the group notes added
15:28:33 [bhyland]
Stats on community directory, http://dir.w3.org/page/number-of-organizations-by-country.xhtml?view
15:28:44 [BenediktKaempgen]
bhyland: stats are interesting
15:29:08 [BenediktKaempgen]
... information about deployments is not necessarily understandable
15:29:19 [BenediktKaempgen]
... more feedback appreciated
15:29:26 [BenediktKaempgen]
... ?? is much into it
15:29:57 [BenediktKaempgen]
... aim - vibrant list of what each one in the group is doing
15:30:10 [bhyland]
Someone suggested adding this, http://www4.wiwiss.fu-berlin.de/latc/toollibrary/
15:30:31 [BenediktKaempgen]
... maybe maintained by DERI folks?
15:31:01 [George]
chris bizer - most of these tools appear to be what's in http://stack.lod2.eu
15:31:09 [BenediktKaempgen]
... makes it sense to reach out to them?
15:31:35 [BenediktKaempgen]
up to 200 companies that do something with Linked Data
15:32:11 [BenediktKaempgen]
George: thinks, yes.
15:32:17 [BenediktKaempgen]
olyerickson: yes
15:32:18 [bhyland]
http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Best_Practices_Discussion_Summary
15:32:27 [gatemezin]
+1
15:32:32 [BenediktKaempgen]
Topic: Best Practices update
15:32:58 [BenediktKaempgen]
bhyland: please make clear if you work on the wiki. Provide links and update.
15:33:33 [BenediktKaempgen]
mike: give preliminary overview. During next weeks. John Sherridon will be asked.
15:33:53 [BenediktKaempgen]
bhyland: John Sherridon will have a lot to say about this.
15:34:01 [bhyland]
s/Sherridon/Sheridan
15:34:34 [BenediktKaempgen]
s/mike/Mike_Pendleton
15:34:48 [BenediktKaempgen]
suptopic: Vocabulary Selection update
15:35:06 [gatemezin]
q+
15:35:07 [BenediktKaempgen]
bhyland: anything happening with this?
15:35:15 [BenediktKaempgen]
... none on the call
15:35:30 [BenediktKaempgen]
subtopic: URI Construction update
15:35:42 [bhyland]
subtopic: Stability, see http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Best_Practices_Discussion_Summary#2.2.5_Stability
15:35:43 [gatemezin]
Zakim, unmeted raphael
15:35:43 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'unmeted raphael', gatemezin
15:36:03 [gatemezin]
Zakim, raphael unmuted
15:36:04 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'raphael unmuted', gatemezin
15:36:04 [BenediktKaempgen]
Ron: Trying to figure out what is missing.
15:36:16 [BenediktKaempgen]
... problem space needs to be defined
15:36:48 [BenediktKaempgen]
bhyland: does rather look like a draft not descriptive enough
15:36:50 [gatemezin]
Zakim, who is muted?
15:36:50 [Zakim]
I see raphael, martin muted
15:37:15 [BenediktKaempgen]
bhyland: any guidance?
15:37:32 [bhyland]
Ron referred to another page, I think it is http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Best_Practices_Discussion_Stability
15:38:03 [bhyland]
Includes discussion of "conservation", "preservation of access" and "preservation of content"
15:38:19 [George]
is this http://www.mementoweb.org/ relevant?
15:38:26 [BenediktKaempgen]
Ron: topics - conservation, preservation of access, preservation of content
15:38:36 [bhyland]
q?
15:38:42 [BenediktKaempgen]
bhyland: sounds good.
15:39:03 [bhyland]
Recommend you look at this page for ideas on suggesting best practices, http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/REC-mwabp-20101214/
15:39:31 [BenediktKaempgen]
bhyland: has been useful for the cook book also
15:40:27 [BenediktKaempgen]
... really short but gives good pointers
15:40:48 [BenediktKaempgen]
... a starting point
15:41:05 [BenediktKaempgen]
Ron: Struggling rather with organisation and writing in descriptive manner
15:41:09 [bhyland]
q?
15:41:12 [BenediktKaempgen]
than with the content.
15:41:23 [gatemezin]
q+
15:41:28 [bhyland]
ack gatemezin
15:41:35 [sandro]
zakim, who is muted?
15:41:35 [Zakim]
I see raphael, martin muted
15:41:45 [gatemezin]
who can unmuted me?
15:41:59 [olyerickson]
+1 to format in http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/REC-mwabp-20101214/
15:42:13 [gatemezin]
please asgain?
15:42:23 [George]
press 4 1 #
15:42:45 [gatemezin]
sorry...
15:42:52 [BenediktKaempgen]
subtopic: Cook book
15:43:01 [BenediktKaempgen]
hyland: boris and I have added something
15:43:11 [BenediktKaempgen]
topic: Schedule & milestones review
15:43:14 [bhyland]
http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/charter
15:43:30 [gatemezin]
zakim, who is muted?
15:43:30 [Zakim]
I see raphael, martin muted
15:43:33 [BenediktKaempgen]
bhyland: Some things to do in December.
15:44:18 [BenediktKaempgen]
... bhyland: f2f in January. Anyone wants to comment?
15:44:23 [sandro]
http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/charter#timeline
15:44:41 [BenediktKaempgen]
... Someone wants to share thoughts?
15:44:54 [MacTed]
MacTed has joined #gld
15:44:54 [BenediktKaempgen]
George: Middle ground regarding size.
15:45:09 [bhyland]
That is Sandro speaking, not George
15:45:17 [BenediktKaempgen]
... Difficult to balance.
15:45:24 [gatemezin]
s/George/Sandro
15:45:28 [BenediktKaempgen]
thanks
15:45:32 [bhyland]
np
15:45:55 [BenediktKaempgen]
??: did not know what to expect
15:45:59 [GeraldSteeman]
All new to me as well. Not sure where to plug in.
15:46:02 [sandro]
s/??/DanG/
15:46:05 [bhyland]
DanG: RE: making progress & meeting deliverables, I haven't been one of these before & don't know what to expect
15:46:16 [olyerickson]
I think it's about what I expected...simply dealing with multiple time demands
15:47:14 [BenediktKaempgen]
bhyland: more often technical aspects, which helps with guidance. This is quite a different WG.
15:47:30 [olyerickson]
I do think that "critical mass" is an issue, since the group has several important deliverables and they only slightly overlap, thus requiring multiple sub-groups/teams working on individual tasks
15:47:33 [BenediktKaempgen]
... we have a lot of invited experts.
15:47:45 [Yigal]
Same here. I haven't been that involved -- but my intention was to become better acquainted with this community, and to find places where I *can* contribute.
15:48:16 [BenediktKaempgen]
... More about pulling things together and checking whether up-to-date.
15:48:36 [BenediktKaempgen]
... Trying less to create new things.
15:49:00 [BenediktKaempgen]
... Recommends all to put together efforts. People are looking for help with Linked Data.
15:49:03 [sandro]
q?
15:49:37 [BenediktKaempgen]
Sandro: Are there people on the call that do not know where to help?
15:50:16 [BenediktKaempgen]
bhyland: cendi talk or similar are very useful for the group.
15:50:38 [BenediktKaempgen]
... encourages all to make available such information
15:50:53 [GeraldSteeman]
Will do.
15:51:00 [gatemezin]
Who is Cendi? any pointer?
15:51:30 [GeraldSteeman]
http://cendi.gov
15:51:51 [gatemezin]
@GeralSteeman: Thanks
15:52:02 [BenediktKaempgen]
bhyland: cendi is user's group of it people that are interested in preservation of science information
15:52:22 [BenediktKaempgen]
... very interesting use cases. bhyland gave talk about rdf.
15:52:27 [GeraldSteeman]
http://cendi.gov/minutes/pa_1111.html
15:52:32 [tgheen]
@bernadette: Walt Warnick at Dept of Energy still wants to talk to you
15:52:38 [bhyland]
http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/F2F2
15:52:47 [BenediktKaempgen]
topic: F2F2 Plans
15:53:23 [gatemezin]
??: not have an answer today
15:53:46 [BenediktKaempgen]
DanG: Need to start F2F very early morning. Caviat. May make offer untenable.
15:54:02 [BenediktKaempgen]
bhyland: maybe start f2f later
15:54:07 [gatemezin]
s/??/DanG
15:54:28 [BenediktKaempgen]
bhyland: 5 hour time difference is a problem
15:54:45 [BenediktKaempgen]
DanG: Security is not an issue.
15:55:06 [BenediktKaempgen]
DanG: tries to have a resolution today.
15:55:13 [bhyland]
ACTION: DanG to confirm when US Bureau of Labor Stats can be open for our meeting
15:55:13 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-27 - Confirm when US Bureau of Labor Stats can be open for our meeting [on Dan Gillman - due 2011-12-22].
15:56:13 [Yigal]
What is the address for the BLS, by the way?
15:56:31 [bhyland]
It is work on the part of the hosts so we should confirm attendance, see http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/F2F2#Who
15:56:35 [BenediktKaempgen]
bhyland: Anyone interested to confirm that he/she will be there?
15:56:56 [BenediktKaempgen]
Benedikt will be at DERI.
15:56:59 [gatemezin]
I confirm that I'll be there...
15:57:22 [BenediktKaempgen]
bhyland: community building would be very helpful for deliverables.
15:57:27 [gatemezin]
My organization needs the agenda for administrative protocole
15:57:59 [BenediktKaempgen]
bhyland: versioning, legacy part in charter needs to be better framed.
15:58:22 [cygri]
cygri has joined #gld
15:58:25 [BenediktKaempgen]
... will be taking it to the mailing list
15:58:35 [olyerickson]
No announcements at this time ;)
15:58:47 [gatemezin]
So, finally we meet next week?
15:59:11 [BenediktKaempgen]
bhyland: many calls
15:59:25 [gatemezin]
+1
15:59:26 [sandro]
I can make it
15:59:33 [GeraldSteeman]
i can
15:59:37 [gatemezin]
I can
15:59:38 [BenediktKaempgen]
I cannot, sorry.
15:59:49 [olyerickson]
I can make it to the call
16:00:19 [Mike_Pendleton]
I can make it
16:00:22 [BenediktKaempgen]
bhyland: We will have a call next week. Half a dozen people is good.
16:01:12 [BenediktKaempgen]
... lots of things discuss (f2f, f2f venue, framing of charter topics)
16:01:34 [gatemezin]
thanks!!
16:01:39 [BenediktKaempgen]
thanks!
16:01:39 [Yigal]
Yigal has left #gld
16:01:40 [rreck]
bubye
16:01:58 [Zakim]
-Mike_Pendleton
16:02:01 [Zakim]
-martin
16:02:03 [Zakim]
-olyerickson
16:02:04 [bhyland]
DanG: Please add name of any hotel that may have gov't rate on offer, you can update http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/F2F2
16:02:05 [Zakim]
-DanG
16:02:07 [Zakim]
-HadleyBeeman
16:02:07 [bhyland]
thanks
16:02:11 [Zakim]
-DruidSmith_
16:02:15 [Zakim]
-luisbermudez
16:02:19 [Zakim]
-Yigal
16:02:21 [Zakim]
-George
16:02:22 [Zakim]
-sandro
16:02:24 [olyerickson]
Bye!
16:02:25 [Zakim]
-tgheen
16:02:26 [bhyland]
Benedikt, do you need any help with writing the minutes?
16:02:27 [Zakim]
-bhyland
16:02:28 [olyerickson]
olyerickson has left #GLD
16:02:31 [Zakim]
-rreck
16:02:33 [Zakim]
-GeraldSteeman
16:02:37 [Zakim]
-raphael
16:02:42 [BenediktKaempgen]
maybe, thanks for asking. I am about to try it.
16:03:01 [bhyland]
See http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon2011.12.15#Scribe.27s_End_of_Meeting_Checklist
16:03:04 [bhyland]
for instructions
16:03:21 [bhyland]
I'm here if you need any help ...
16:03:29 [bhyland]
or have any trouble ...
16:03:31 [BenediktKaempgen]
thanks
16:04:18 [BenediktKaempgen]
RRSAgent, set logs world-visible
16:04:34 [BenediktKaempgen]
RRSAgent, generate minutes
16:04:34 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/12/15-gld-minutes.html BenediktKaempgen
16:06:10 [gatemezin]
rrsagent, bye
16:06:10 [RRSAgent]
I see 1 open action item saved in http://www.w3.org/2011/12/15-gld-actions.rdf :
16:06:10 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: DanG to confirm when US Bureau of Labor Stats can be open for our meeting [1]
16:06:10 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/12/15-gld-irc#T15-55-13