IRC log of mediafrag on 2011-12-07

Timestamps are in UTC.

09:54:32 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mediafrag
09:54:32 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/12/07-mediafrag-irc
09:54:34 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
09:54:34 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #mediafrag
09:54:36 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be IA_MFWG
09:54:36 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see IA_MFWG()5:00AM scheduled to start in 6 minutes
09:54:37 [trackbot]
Meeting: Media Fragments Working Group Teleconference
09:54:37 [trackbot]
Date: 07 December 2011
09:55:07 [raphael]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
09:55:07 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/12/07-mediafrag-minutes.html raphael
09:55:12 [raphael]
RRSAgent, make logs public
09:55:18 [raphael]
Chair: Raphael, Erik
09:55:43 [raphael]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2011Dec/0004.html
09:56:14 [Zakim]
IA_MFWG()5:00AM has now started
09:56:21 [raphael]
Topic: 1. ADMIN
09:56:23 [Zakim]
+ +421209aaaa
09:57:00 [Zakim]
+raphael
09:57:01 [Zakim]
- +421209aaaa
09:58:06 [Zakim]
+ +421209aabb
09:58:20 [raphael]
Present+ Chris
10:00:44 [doublec]
haha, yes, need more people
10:00:54 [doublec]
silvia was here earlier
10:01:10 [silvia]
can I be here just on irc for now?
10:04:24 [raphael]
Present+ Silvia (irc)
10:04:29 [raphael]
Present+ Yves
10:04:51 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/12/07-mediafrag-minutes.html raphael
10:04:57 [Zakim]
+??P5
10:05:50 [raphael]
Regrets: Thomas
10:06:23 [raphael]
PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the last telecon: http://www.w3.org/2011/11/30-mediafrag-minutes.html
10:06:32 [raphael]
+1
10:06:34 [doublec]
+1
10:06:35 [Yves]
+1
10:06:39 [raphael]
minutes accepted
10:06:55 [raphael]
Topic: 2. SPEC
10:07:45 [raphael]
Raphael: is there a minimal delay before transitioning to PR
10:07:50 [raphael]
Yves: it is written in the CR
10:08:50 [raphael]
... in the spec, written until December 8th!
10:09:38 [raphael]
Raphael: for me, we have 4 features at risk
10:09:42 [raphael]
... track and id dimensions
10:09:51 [raphael]
... smpte and clock for specifying time in the temporal dimension
10:10:07 [raphael]
... is there more ?
10:10:10 [doublec]
that sounds right to me
10:10:53 [doublec]
that's correct
10:12:04 [Yves]
for smpte and clock; clock is used for streaming, but we don't have implementation, smpte is more tuned to boardcasters
10:12:26 [Yves]
raphael: talked to Jack, smpte was in smil but not tested
10:12:39 [davy]
davy has joined #mediafrag
10:13:00 [Zakim]
+Erik
10:13:06 [Yves]
there are no implementation, so it would be ok to get them out of the spec, but move it to another document (note)
10:13:10 [Yves]
same for track and id
10:13:59 [Yves]
someone in the future can take this (or just implement it)
10:13:59 [erik]
erik has joined #mediafrag
10:14:37 [Yves]
we should have media fragment 1.0 basic, and media fragment advanced, a note containing everything not implemented (smpte, clock, time, protocol, rtsp)
10:14:56 [erik]
rrsagent, draft minutes
10:14:56 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/12/07-mediafrag-minutes.html erik
10:15:02 [Yves]
Yves: sounds good
10:15:05 [doublec]
doublec: I think that's a good approach
10:16:35 [erik]
present+ Davy, Erik
10:17:14 [silvia]
Yves: sounds good
10:18:04 [erik]
q+
10:18:06 [raphael]
Raphael: and do you agree that track and id SHOULD also go in this second document in the note?
10:19:00 [raphael]
zakim, ack erik
10:19:00 [Zakim]
I see no one on the speaker queue
10:19:28 [raphael]
Erik: dependance on the HTML5 media track api, so based on the rationale we keep on the spec only what is _now_ implemented
10:19:40 [raphael]
... and we move the rest in the note so that people can implement it in the future
10:20:07 [erik]
q+
10:20:56 [raphael]
ACTION: troncy to mail the group about the decision of what will be in the spec and what will not
10:20:57 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-247 - Mail the group about the decision of what will be in the spec and what will not [on Raphaël Troncy - due 2011-12-14].
10:21:32 [raphael]
zakim, ack erik
10:21:32 [Zakim]
I see no one on the speaker queue
10:23:11 [raphael]
Raphael: is there people who want to give a entire fresh look at the spec?
10:23:30 [raphael]
... I personnally want, and plan to do that the week before Christmas
10:24:19 [silvia]
feel free - as long as it's still readable :-)
10:25:28 [raphael]
Erik: should we transition between Christmas and New Year Eve?
10:25:50 [raphael]
... I don't want that a decision taken early in January is refused because out of the charter?
10:26:08 [raphael]
Yves: we need to check with Philippe but I'm confident
10:26:14 [raphael]
Erik: let's make things clea
10:26:17 [raphael]
s/clea/clear
10:26:35 [raphael]
... Between Chrismas and New Years Eve ... the spec should be frozen (edited by Raphael)
10:26:48 [raphael]
... Implementation report should be frozen (edited by davy)
10:27:45 [raphael]
... the spec will be finalized *before* Christmas
10:28:44 [raphael]
action: Erik to write a mail with our timeline to check approval with Philippe
10:28:45 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-248 - Write a mail with our timeline to check approval with Philippe [on Erik Mannens - due 2011-12-14].
10:29:01 [raphael]
action: troncy to tidy up the spec before December 24th
10:29:01 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-249 - Tidy up the spec before December 24th [on Raphaël Troncy - due 2011-12-14].
10:29:26 [raphael]
action: davy to tidy up the implementation report before December 24th
10:29:27 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-250 - Tidy up the implementation report before December 24th [on Davy Van Deursen - due 2011-12-14].
10:29:54 [raphael]
Raphael: we could then transtion to PR as soon as all documents are frozen
10:30:11 [raphael]
Topic: 3. Approval of last test cases
10:30:38 [raphael]
Davy: nobody disagree with the test cases, could be we formally approve them?
10:30:47 [raphael]
... these are the last 4 test cases
10:30:56 [raphael]
Raphael: no disagreement?
10:31:00 [raphael]
Test cases approved
10:32:51 [raphael]
Raphael: suggest to make 2 sections in the implementation report, one with the feaures of the spec, and one with the features in the note (at risk)
10:32:52 [raphael]
Topic: 4. AOB
10:33:02 [raphael]
ACTIOn-245?
10:33:02 [trackbot]
ACTION-245 -- Raphaël Troncy to clarify whether Dailymotion will provide an implementation or not -- due 2011-12-07 -- OPEN
10:33:02 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/245
10:34:42 [raphael]
... following up this action given the reply received today by Dailymotion
10:34:57 [raphael]
.... temporal dimension only for a Flash player
10:35:17 [raphael]
Raphael!:
10:36:01 [raphael]
s/Raphael!:/Raphael: Other implementation from Europeana http://dme.ait.ac.at/annotation/ and the JS library at http://yuma-js.github.com/index.html
10:36:15 [raphael]
... should we contact them for an implementation report
10:39:00 [raphael]
action: Erik to contact the Europeana developers to check the feasibility of having a new implementation report
10:39:01 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-251 - Contact the Europeana developers to check the feasibility of having a new implementation report [on Erik Mannens - due 2011-12-14].
10:39:14 [raphael]
ACTION-246?
10:39:14 [trackbot]
ACTION-246 -- Erik Mannens to update the issues and close the issues that can be closed -- due 2011-12-07 -- OPEN
10:39:14 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/246
10:39:29 [raphael]
close ACTION-246
10:39:29 [trackbot]
ACTION-246 Update the issues and close the issues that can be closed closed
10:39:32 [raphael]
ISSUE-17?
10:39:32 [trackbot]
ISSUE-17 -- Media Fragment track names and IRIs -- closed
10:39:32 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/17
10:40:16 [raphael]
ISSUE-20?
10:40:16 [trackbot]
ISSUE-20 -- Create a IETF draft at CR stage explaining what the media fragment semantics will be for video/*, image/*, audio/* -- closed
10:40:16 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/20
10:41:13 [raphael]
Yves: during the CR transition call, we discuss this and agree that we will not edit such a document
10:41:17 [raphael]
... the issue can be closed
10:41:52 [raphael]
Erik: Philippe said he would have a look
10:42:06 [raphael]
Yves: I will ping Philippe to make sure he agrees with closing this issue
10:42:12 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/12/07-mediafrag-minutes.html raphael
10:42:30 [raphael]
Raphael: do we have a telecon next week?
10:42:35 [raphael]
Erik: yes, even 10 minutes
10:42:38 [raphael]
... for status update
10:42:43 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/12/07-mediafrag-minutes.html raphael
10:43:56 [raphael]
Raphael: thinking of gathering testimonial
10:44:14 [doublec]
we've documented what we support and what version it'll be in btw: https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Using_HTML5_audio_and_video#Specifying_playback_range
10:44:19 [doublec]
yep, I can do a testimonial
10:45:15 [raphael]
Raphael: from EURECOM, CWI, IBBT, Mozilla, Silvia?
10:47:01 [silvia]
what do you need?
10:47:55 [raphael]
Raphael: silvia, think of writing a testimonial when the spec will be a REC :-) See examples of testimonials when there are rec
10:48:45 [raphael]
meeting adjourned
10:48:45 [doublec]
thanks
10:48:48 [Zakim]
-raphael
10:48:49 [Zakim]
-Erik
10:48:53 [Zakim]
- +421209aabb
10:49:01 [silvia]
what, like http://www.w3.org/2001/09/svg1-testimonial ?
10:49:07 [silvia]
cyall
10:49:18 [silvia]
I sure can do something
10:49:24 [silvia]
I'll likely write a blog post anyway
10:54:16 [raphael]
yes, silvia, for example
10:54:25 [silvia]
no problem
10:54:26 [raphael]
... but this is for January :-)
10:54:35 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/12/07-mediafrag-minutes.html raphael
11:05:01 [Zakim]
disconnecting the lone participant, Yves, in IA_MFWG()5:00AM
11:05:02 [Zakim]
IA_MFWG()5:00AM has ended
11:05:06 [Zakim]
Attendees were +421209aaaa, raphael, +421209aabb, Yves, Erik, Davy
11:31:46 [raphael]
ScribeOptions: -final -noEmbedDiagnostics
11:31:47 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/12/07-mediafrag-minutes.html raphael
11:31:50 [raphael]
zakim, bye
11:31:50 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #mediafrag
11:33:46 [raphael]
RRSAgent, bye
11:33:46 [RRSAgent]
I see 5 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2011/12/07-mediafrag-actions.rdf :
11:33:46 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: troncy to mail the group about the decision of what will be in the spec and what will not [1]
11:33:46 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/12/07-mediafrag-irc#T10-20-56
11:33:46 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Erik to write a mail with our timeline to check approval with Philippe [2]
11:33:46 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/12/07-mediafrag-irc#T10-28-44
11:33:46 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: troncy to tidy up the spec before December 24th [3]
11:33:46 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/12/07-mediafrag-irc#T10-29-01
11:33:46 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: davy to tidy up the implementation report before December 24th [4]
11:33:46 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/12/07-mediafrag-irc#T10-29-26
11:33:46 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Erik to contact the Europeana developers to check the feasibility of having a new implementation report [5]
11:33:46 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/12/07-mediafrag-irc#T10-39-00