IRC log of tagmem on 2011-11-17

Timestamps are in UTC.

17:59:50 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #tagmem
17:59:50 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/11/17-tagmem-irc
18:01:21 [Ashok]
meeting: TAG
18:02:50 [Ashok]
chair: Noah
18:02:57 [Ashok]
scribe: Ashok
18:03:07 [Ashok]
scribenick: Ashok
18:03:32 [DKA]
zakim, who is here?
18:03:32 [Zakim]
On the phone I see DKA, Ashok_Malhotra, JeniT
18:03:33 [Zakim]
On IRC I see RRSAgent, Zakim, DKA, Ashok, JeniT, Norm, timbl, plinss_, plinss, trackbot, Yves
18:03:54 [Zakim]
+Yves
18:03:57 [noah]
noah has joined #tagmem
18:04:13 [Zakim]
+Noah_Mendelsohn
18:04:19 [noah]
zakim, noah_mendelsohn is me
18:04:19 [Zakim]
+noah; got it
18:04:32 [noah]
zakim, who is here?
18:04:32 [Zakim]
On the phone I see DKA, Ashok_Malhotra, JeniT, Yves, noah
18:04:33 [Zakim]
On IRC I see noah, RRSAgent, Zakim, DKA, Ashok, JeniT, Norm, timbl, plinss_, plinss, trackbot, Yves
18:04:56 [Ashok]
present: Noah, Ashok, Jeni, Dan, Yves
18:05:26 [Ashok]
regrets: Jonathan, Larry, TimBL, Peter
18:05:44 [Ashok]
Topic: Convene
18:05:51 [noah]
Minutes of 27 October: http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/10/27-minutes
18:06:16 [Ashok]
RESOLUTION: Minites of 27 October are approved
18:06:18 [noah]
Minutes of TPAC 31 - 4 November: http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/10/31-agenda
18:06:41 [noah]
Minutes of 10 November: http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/11/10-minutes
18:06:47 [Ashok]
ESOLUTION: Minites of 4 November are approved
18:06:50 [noah]
s/Minites/Minutes/
18:06:59 [JeniT]
s/ESOLUTION/RESOLUTION/
18:07:06 [Ashok]
ESOLUTION: Minites of 10 November are approved
18:07:10 [JeniT]
s/ESOLUTION/RESOLUTION/
18:07:21 [JeniT]
s/Minites/Minutes/
18:07:35 [Ashok]
No call next week -- U.S. Thanksgiving!
18:07:38 [noah]
DanA probably can't scribe on 1 Dec. Possible regrets.
18:07:44 [Ashok]
Next call Decemeber 1
18:07:58 [noah]
ACTION-630?
18:07:59 [trackbot]
ACTION-630 -- Ashok Malhotra to draft note to Web apps on Appcache/local store relationship, post to tag@w3.org for TAG approval Due: 2011-11-11 -- due 2011-11-11 -- PENDINGREVIEW
18:07:59 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/630
18:08:18 [noah]
close ACTION-630
18:08:18 [trackbot]
ACTION-630 Draft note to Web apps on Appcache/local store relationship, post to tag@w3.org for TAG approval Due: 2011-11-11 closed
18:08:23 [Ashok]
s/Decemeber 1/December 1/
18:11:02 [JeniT]
+1
18:11:19 [Ashok]
+1
18:13:33 [Ashok]
Noah: TAG Election: encourage AC representatives to put forward nominations
18:13:56 [ht]
ht has joined #tagmem
18:14:40 [Zakim]
+??P7
18:14:53 [Ashok]
present+: Henry
18:18:09 [Ashok]
Henry: can I have 5 minutes to report on Domain Persistence Workshop
18:18:36 [Ashok]
... looking good but Semantic Web community is under-represented
18:18:46 [noah]
...and open data
18:18:59 [Ashok]
... we need people from that community
18:20:23 [DKA]
+1 to Hadley
18:20:47 [Ashok]
Discussion of possible Workshop attendees
18:21:37 [Ashok]
Topic: ISSUE-60 (webApplicationState-60): Web Applications: Client-side state
18:22:04 [Ashok]
Noah: Last draft was 9/30 comments allowed until 11/15
18:22:19 [Ashok]
... we had 2 comments
18:23:44 [Ashok]
... we discussed the two comments
18:24:25 [Ashok]
Noah: Incorporate the comments and ask commentors if they agree
18:27:12 [Ashok]
Ashok: I will create a new draft by Dec 1
18:27:45 [noah]
ACTION-597?
18:27:45 [trackbot]
ACTION-597 -- Ashok Malhotra to publish a final draft for public review of the finding on Application State -- due 2011-09-30 -- OPEN
18:27:45 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/597
18:27:46 [Ashok]
Noah: Send the draft to the two commentors for their approval
18:28:00 [noah]
ACTION-597 Due 2011-12-01
18:28:01 [trackbot]
ACTION-597 Publish a final draft for public review of the finding on Application State due date now 2011-12-01
18:28:48 [Ashok]
Noah: Yves, please check product page for client-side state
18:29:11 [Ashok]
Topic: SPDY
18:29:43 [noah]
ACTION-626?
18:29:43 [trackbot]
ACTION-626 -- Noah Mendelsohn to schedule discussion of how, if at all, TAG should continue to be involved with SPDY -- due 2011-11-15 -- PENDINGREVIEW
18:29:43 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/626
18:29:50 [Ashok]
Noah: How should TAG be involved?
18:30:30 [Ashok]
... concerns are being raised about HTTP 1.1 as it is being used today.
18:30:48 [Ashok]
... SPDY is one possible solution
18:31:02 [noah]
ack next
18:31:04 [Ashok]
Noah: Should we endorse SPDY as an answer?
18:31:33 [noah]
Really, mainly Web apps? I thought it was also things like NYT home page which have tons of resources.
18:31:45 [Ashok]
Yves: Characterize the problem ... HTTP overhead is an issue
18:32:16 [Ashok]
... safety od data is another issue
18:32:21 [Ashok]
s/od/of/
18:32:24 [noah]
From TPAC minutes quoting Mike Belshe:
18:32:26 [noah]
"83 connections for the NYT home page puts really bad pressure on NAT"
18:32:44 [Ashok]
Yves: How is Web being used, what are the problems
18:33:00 [noah]
YL: Performance of HTTP is one aspect of what SPDY addresses, other is pervasive use of SSL with SPDY
18:33:24 [JeniT]
q+
18:33:29 [noah]
ack next
18:34:15 [Ashok]
Jeni: What does SPDY do and what other options are there?
18:34:23 [noah]
Note that Jim Gettys has suggested that SPDY-like protocols help with "buffer bloat"
18:34:33 [Ashok]
... how mich is W3C role and how much is IETF
18:34:52 [noah]
NM: At TPAC, I think there was sentiment for a significnt W3C role
18:34:57 [Ashok]
Noah: At TPAC people felt W3C should have a role
18:34:57 [noah]
s/mich/much/
18:35:02 [Yves]
it has effect in the whole stack, so yes we should track this, but it doesn't mean that the TAG will do the work
18:35:11 [Ashok]
Dan: People wanted strong participation from W3C
18:35:25 [noah]
s/People/People including Tim/
18:36:17 [JeniT]
ACTION-618?
18:36:17 [trackbot]
ACTION-618 -- Yves Lafon to with help from Larry, Noah, and Jeni to prepare analysis on development around HTTP, like spdy, ssl use, websocket... -- due 2011-11-29 -- OPEN
18:36:17 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/618
18:36:18 [Ashok]
Yves: I have an action to create a small document about SPDY and friends
18:37:58 [Ashok]
Noah: Success would be if we can explain to W3C management what the opportunities are and whet we recommend
18:38:16 [Ashok]
s/whet/what/
18:39:12 [Ashok]
Dan: This is urgent ... Google has deployed into several applications
18:40:09 [Yves]
amazon silk also will use spdy
18:40:20 [Ashok]
... and several others
18:41:10 [Ashok]
Noah: They said they were ready to put this into Standards space and it may change in the process
18:42:57 [noah]
ACTION-626?
18:42:57 [trackbot]
ACTION-626 -- Noah Mendelsohn to schedule discussion of how, if at all, TAG should continue to be involved with SPDY -- due 2011-11-15 -- PENDINGREVIEW
18:42:57 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/626
18:42:57 [Ashok]
Topic: Overdue Action Items
18:43:33 [noah]
close ACTION-626
18:43:33 [trackbot]
ACTION-626 Schedule discussion of how, if at all, TAG should continue to be involved with SPDY closed
18:43:50 [Ashok]
Noah: Close 626 ... we have followup action to Yves
18:44:02 [noah]
ACTION-572?
18:44:02 [trackbot]
ACTION-572 -- Yves Lafon to look at appcache in HTML5 -- due 2011-10-04 -- OPEN
18:44:02 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/572
18:44:36 [noah]
ACTION-572 Due 2011-11-29
18:44:36 [trackbot]
ACTION-572 Look at appcache in HTML5 due date now 2011-11-29
18:45:02 [noah]
ACTION-404?
18:45:02 [trackbot]
ACTION-404 -- Yves Lafon to track HTML WG ISSUE-27 rel-ownership -- due 2011-09-30 -- OPEN
18:45:02 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/404
18:46:06 [noah]
ACTION-404 Due 2012-02-07
18:46:06 [trackbot]
ACTION-404 Track HTML WG ISSUE-27 rel-ownership due date now 2012-02-07
18:46:18 [noah]
ACTION-523?
18:46:18 [trackbot]
ACTION-523 -- Ashok Malhotra to (with help from Noah) build good product page for client storage finding, identifying top questions to be answered on client side storage -- due 2011-08-30 -- OPEN
18:46:18 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/523
18:47:30 [Ashok]
Ashok: We need to think about our direction on client-side storage
18:47:53 [Ashok]
Noah: Can you write mail framing the discussion
18:48:49 [Ashok]
s/discussion/discussion?/
18:49:13 [noah]
ACTION: Ashok Frame issues around client-side storage work Due 2011-12-06
18:49:13 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-632 - Frame issues around client-side storage work Due 2011-12-06 [on Ashok Malhotra - due 2011-11-24].
18:49:33 [noah]
ACTION-632 Due 2011-12-06
18:49:33 [trackbot]
ACTION-632 Frame issues around client-side storage work Due 2011-12-06 due date now 2011-12-06
18:50:04 [noah]
ACTION-523 Due 2011-12-20
18:50:05 [trackbot]
ACTION-523 (with help from Noah) build good product page for client storage finding, identifying top questions to be answered on client side storage due date now 2011-12-20
18:50:25 [noah]
ACTION-475?
18:50:25 [trackbot]
ACTION-475 -- Ashok Malhotra to write finding on client-side storage, DanA to review -- due 2011-08-24 -- OPEN
18:50:25 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/475
18:51:05 [noah]
AM: We should close pending analysis of what we want to do in this area, see ACTION-632
18:51:29 [noah]
Product page: http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/clientsidestorage.html
18:51:30 [Ashok]
Ashok: Shall we close this? Overtaken by 623.
18:51:33 [noah]
This proposed product page has not yet been reviewed by Ashok Malhotra or other TAG members
18:51:52 [noah]
close ACTION-475
18:51:52 [trackbot]
ACTION-475 Write finding on client-side storage, DanA to review closed
18:52:25 [noah]
ACTION-528?
18:52:25 [trackbot]
ACTION-528 -- Henry Thompson to create and get consensus on a product page and tracker product page for persistence of names -- due 2011-10-04 -- OPEN
18:52:25 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/528
18:52:29 [noah]
HT: I should get back to that.
18:52:54 [noah]
ACTION-528 Due 2011-11-29
18:52:54 [trackbot]
ACTION-528 Create and get consensus on a product page and tracker product page for persistence of names due date now 2011-11-29
18:53:50 [noah]
ACTION-617 Due 2011-12-15
18:53:51 [trackbot]
ACTION-617 Work with Yves to take http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-namespaceState-20060329/ off the Rec track due date now 2011-12-15
18:54:15 [noah]
ACTION-501?
18:54:15 [trackbot]
ACTION-501 -- Noah Mendelsohn to follow up on whether GeoLocation finds reasonable answer on giving permission per site/app etc [self-assigned] -- due 2011-10-25 -- OPEN
18:54:15 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/501
18:54:22 [noah]
AM: They've gone to last call.
18:54:26 [noah]
AM: Or about to...
18:54:57 [noah]
AM: Want our feedback....
18:56:16 [noah]
Assigning 501 to Ashok.
18:56:54 [JeniT]
AM: Is there anyone else interested in this; it has to do with privacy?
18:57:00 [noah]
ACTION-501?
18:57:01 [trackbot]
ACTION-501 -- Ashok Malhotra to follow up on whether GeoLocation finds reasonable answer on giving permission per site/app etc [self-assigned] -- due 2011-12-06 -- OPEN
18:57:01 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/501
18:57:36 [noah]
ACTION: Ashok to drive TAG review of Geolocation last call Due 2011-12-06
18:57:36 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-633 - Drive TAG review of Geolocation last call Due 2011-12-06 [on Ashok Malhotra - due 2011-11-24].
18:57:53 [noah]
ACTION-633 Due 2011-12-06
18:57:53 [trackbot]
ACTION-633 Drive TAG review of Geolocation last call Due 2011-12-06 due date now 2011-12-06
18:58:52 [Ashok]
Noah: Question was "are permissions by site or by URI stem etc."
19:01:31 [noah]
ACTION-602?
19:01:31 [trackbot]
ACTION-602 -- Noah Mendelsohn to work with IETF liaisons to propose possible TAG participation in IETF Paris -- due 2011-11-04 -- OPEN
19:01:31 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/602
19:01:40 [noah]
ACTION-621?
19:01:40 [trackbot]
ACTION-621 -- Noah Mendelsohn to with Dan to figure out whether we want a TAG bof at TPAC -- due 2011-10-20 -- OPEN
19:01:40 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/621
19:01:47 [noah]
close ACTION-621
19:01:48 [trackbot]
ACTION-621 With Dan to figure out whether we want a TAG bof at TPAC closed
19:01:58 [noah]
ACTION-601?
19:01:58 [trackbot]
ACTION-601 -- Noah Mendelsohn to document in product pages wrapup of HTML5 last call work, leading to HTML next review -- due 2011-10-21 -- OPEN
19:01:58 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/601
19:02:15 [noah]
ACTION-601 Due 2011-12-13
19:02:15 [trackbot]
ACTION-601 Document in product pages wrapup of HTML5 last call work, leading to HTML next review due date now 2011-12-13
19:02:23 [noah]
ACTION-591?
19:02:23 [trackbot]
ACTION-591 -- Noah Mendelsohn to ping Norm end of Sept. on revised HTML/XML report per discussion on 1 Sept 2011 -- due 2011-10-21 -- OPEN
19:02:23 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/591
19:02:36 [noah]
ACTION-591 Due 2011-11-23
19:02:37 [trackbot]
ACTION-591 Ping Norm end of Sept. on revised HTML/XML report per discussion on 1 Sept 2011 due date now 2011-11-23
19:03:09 [noah]
ACTION-536?
19:03:10 [trackbot]
ACTION-536 -- Noah Mendelsohn to work with HST to identify a way forward wrt interaction -- due 2011-10-11 -- OPEN
19:03:10 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/536
19:05:15 [noah]
close ACTION-536
19:05:16 [trackbot]
ACTION-536 Work with HST to identify a way forward wrt interaction closed
19:05:37 [noah]
ACTION-619?
19:05:37 [trackbot]
ACTION-619 -- Henry Thompson to report on status of 3023bis after TPAC -- due 2011-11-15 -- OPEN
19:05:37 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/619
19:06:04 [noah]
ACTION-619 Due 2011-12-13
19:06:04 [trackbot]
ACTION-619 Report on status of 3023bis after TPAC due date now 2011-12-13
19:06:37 [Zakim]
-ht
19:07:00 [Ashok]
rrsagent, make logs public
19:07:09 [Zakim]
-JeniT
19:07:10 [Zakim]
-Ashok_Malhotra
19:07:12 [Zakim]
-noah
19:07:15 [Zakim]
-DKA
19:07:17 [Zakim]
TAG_Weekly()1:00PM has ended
19:07:19 [Zakim]
Attendees were DKA, Ashok_Malhotra, JeniT, Yves, noah, ht
19:07:28 [Ashok]
rrsagent, pointer?
19:07:28 [RRSAgent]
See http://www.w3.org/2011/11/17-tagmem-irc#T19-07-28
19:07:43 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/11/17-tagmem-minutes.html Yves
21:08:06 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #tagmem