IRC log of gld on 2011-11-03

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:57:20 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #gld
13:57:20 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/11/03-gld-irc
13:57:22 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
13:57:24 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be EGOV_GLD
13:57:24 [Zakim]
I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled within the next hour, trackbot
13:57:25 [trackbot]
Meeting: Government Linked Data Working Group Teleconference
13:57:25 [trackbot]
Date: 03 November 2011
13:59:32 [Yigal]
Yigal has joined #gld
14:00:00 [Zakim]
+Sandro
14:00:10 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
14:00:12 [Zakim]
+George
14:00:59 [Yigal]
zakim, who's here
14:00:59 [Zakim]
Yigal, you need to end that query with '?'
14:01:07 [Yigal]
zakim, who's here?
14:01:07 [Zakim]
On the phone I see mhausenblas, Sandro, George, [IPcaller]
14:01:08 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Yigal, RRSAgent, ZacharyWhitley, George, cygri, mhausenblas, danbri, MacTed, trackbot, sandro, Zakim
14:01:11 [Zakim]
+ +1.703.362.aabb
14:01:15 [Zakim]
+ +1.267.481.aacc
14:01:21 [Yigal]
zakim, IPcaller is me
14:01:21 [Zakim]
+Yigal; got it
14:01:36 [cygri]
zakim, i'm with mhausenblas
14:01:36 [Zakim]
+cygri; got it
14:01:37 [luisBermudez]
luisBermudez has joined #gld
14:02:01 [sandro]
zakim, who is on the phone?
14:02:01 [Zakim]
On the phone I see mhausenblas, Sandro, George, Yigal, +1.703.362.aabb, +1.267.481.aacc
14:02:03 [Zakim]
mhausenblas has cygri
14:02:18 [sandro]
zakim, aabb is COry
14:02:18 [Zakim]
+COry; got it
14:02:25 [sandro]
zakim, COry is Cory
14:02:25 [Zakim]
+Cory; got it
14:03:05 [cygri]
Agenda: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon2011.11.03
14:03:28 [sandro]
zakim, who is on the call?
14:03:29 [Zakim]
On the phone I see mhausenblas, Sandro, George, Yigal, Cory, +1.267.481.aacc
14:03:31 [Zakim]
mhausenblas has cygri
14:04:04 [Zakim]
+ +1.443.569.aadd
14:04:08 [Zakim]
+DanG
14:04:09 [sandro]
george: would you scribe, please?
14:04:22 [ZacharyWhitley]
zakim, who is here?
14:04:22 [Zakim]
On the phone I see mhausenblas, Sandro, George, Yigal, Cory, +1.267.481.aacc, +1.443.569.aadd, DanG
14:04:24 [Zakim]
mhausenblas has cygri
14:04:26 [Zakim]
On IRC I see luisBermudez, Yigal, RRSAgent, ZacharyWhitley, George, cygri, mhausenblas, danbri, MacTed, trackbot, sandro, Zakim
14:05:25 [Dan]
Dan has joined #gld
14:05:45 [druidsmith_]
druidsmith_ has joined #gld
14:06:16 [sandro]
ZacharyWhitley: Do I scribe in the cat?
14:06:22 [sandro]
ZacharyWhitley: Do I scribe in the chat?
14:06:30 [George]
george: yes
14:06:59 [DanG]
DanG has joined #gld
14:07:10 [sandro]
scribe: ZacharyWhitley
14:07:11 [Zakim]
+ +1.202.566.aaee
14:07:25 [druidsmith_]
druidsmith_ has joined #gld
14:07:44 [ZacharyWhitley]
zakim, who's here?
14:07:44 [Zakim]
On the phone I see mhausenblas, Sandro, George, Yigal, Cory, +1.267.481.aacc, +1.443.569.aadd, DanG, +1.202.566.aaee
14:07:46 [Zakim]
mhausenblas has cygri
14:07:47 [Zakim]
On IRC I see druidsmith_, DanG, luisBermudez, Yigal, RRSAgent, ZacharyWhitley, George, cygri, mhausenblas, danbri, MacTed, trackbot, sandro, Zakim
14:07:58 [druidsmith_]
zakim, aaee is me
14:07:58 [Zakim]
+druidsmith_; got it
14:08:34 [George]
chair: George Thomas
14:09:03 [George]
agenda: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon2011.11.03
14:10:27 [DanG]
hand up
14:11:36 [George]
q?
14:11:40 [George]
ack DanG
14:13:03 [ZacharyWhitley]
ZacharyWhitley has joined #gld
14:13:29 [ZacharyWhitley]
DanG Requests publication of documents on gld wiki
14:14:27 [sandro]
sandro: Anyone in the group can put a group "input" on the wiki or in the mailing list archives. Whether it's a group "output" is then up to a decision of the group.
14:15:14 [ZacharyWhitley]
DanG: Requests requests publication of documents on gld wiki
14:15:25 [George]
Action: DanG will post OGV docs as input to GLD on GLD wiki
14:15:25 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - DanG
14:16:09 [ZacharyWhitley]
zakim, who's here?
14:16:09 [Zakim]
On the phone I see mhausenblas, Sandro, George, Yigal, Cory, +1.267.481.aacc, +1.443.569.aadd, DanG, druidsmith_
14:16:11 [Zakim]
mhausenblas has cygri
14:16:13 [Zakim]
On IRC I see ZacharyWhitley, druidsmith_, DanG, luisBermudez, Yigal, RRSAgent, George, cygri, mhausenblas, danbri, MacTed, trackbot, sandro, Zakim
14:16:16 [olyerickson]
olyerickson has joined #gld
14:17:21 [HadleyBeeman]
HadleyBeeman has joined #gld
14:17:42 [HadleyBeeman1]
HadleyBeeman1 has joined #gld
14:18:44 [George]
mhausenblas: attended ISWC for a day, offers some comments
14:19:06 [George]
... participated in panel
14:19:07 [cygri]
ACTION: Dan Gillman to post OGV docs as input to GLD on GLD wiki
14:19:07 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-13 - Gillman to post OGV docs as input to GLD on GLD wiki [on Dan Gillman - due 2011-11-10].
14:19:19 [cygri]
ACTION-13?
14:19:19 [trackbot]
ACTION-13 -- Dan Gillman to gillman to post OGV docs as input to GLD on GLD wiki -- due 2011-11-10 -- OPEN
14:19:19 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/actions/13
14:19:44 [olyerickson]
zakim, who is on the phone?
14:19:44 [Zakim]
On the phone I see mhausenblas, Sandro, George, Yigal, Cory, +1.267.481.aacc, +1.443.569.aadd, DanG, druidsmith_
14:19:47 [Zakim]
mhausenblas has cygri
14:19:50 [cygri]
DanG, you may have to go to http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/users and log in to add your DanG nickname to the table
14:21:26 [DanG]
Added
14:21:41 [cygri]
thanks DanG
14:21:42 [ZacharyWhitley]
TOPIC: Review minutes
14:21:57 [HadleyBeeman1]
zakim, what's the code?
14:21:57 [Zakim]
the conference code is 45394 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 sip:zakim@voip.w3.org), HadleyBeeman1
14:22:02 [George]
propose: accept minutes
14:22:04 [mhausenblas]
+1
14:22:05 [Yigal]
+1 to accept minutes
14:22:16 [cygri]
http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2011-10-27
14:22:29 [ZacharyWhitley]
??:minutes accepted
14:22:46 [ZacharyWhitley]
TOPIC: F2F-2
14:23:24 [George]
W3C GLD WG Second F2F, @ DERI Galway, 25-26 Jan 2012
14:23:54 [mhausenblas]
q+
14:24:09 [mhausenblas]
ack me
14:24:15 [Zakim]
+??P31
14:24:31 [olyerickson]
zakim, ??P31 is me
14:24:31 [Zakim]
+olyerickson; got it
14:24:39 [George]
F2F Goal - publish First Working Draft of deliverables
14:24:41 [ZacharyWhitley]
mhausenblas: propose publishing first working draft after F2F-2
14:24:45 [cygri]
zakim, mute olyerickson
14:24:45 [Zakim]
olyerickson should now be muted
14:25:29 [George]
sandro: id possible issues / points of disagreements / open issues prior to f2f
14:26:08 [DanG]
hand up
14:26:10 [ZacharyWhitley]
zakim, who's here?
14:26:10 [Zakim]
On the phone I see mhausenblas, Sandro, George, Yigal, Cory, +1.267.481.aacc, +1.443.569.aadd, DanG, druidsmith_, olyerickson (muted)
14:26:13 [Zakim]
mhausenblas has cygri
14:26:14 [Zakim]
On IRC I see hadleybeeman, olyerickson, ZacharyWhitley, druidsmith_, DanG, luisBermudez, Yigal, RRSAgent, George, cygri, mhausenblas, danbri, MacTed, trackbot, sandro, Zakim
14:26:15 [George]
q?
14:26:17 [cygri]
zakim, code?
14:26:17 [Zakim]
the conference code is 45394 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 sip:zakim@voip.w3.org), cygri
14:26:52 [cygri]
sandro++
14:27:34 [George]
ack DanG
14:27:37 [George]
q?
14:27:57 [sandro]
sandro: Yes, it'll be good to identify deliverables we're looking like we will have trouble delivering, and use those as a lever to get more resources. IE say "it's looking like we wont be able to do FOO; if it's important, come help us with it."
14:28:22 [cygri]
q+
14:28:34 [olyerickson]
RE Using Thurs calls for this, we can, but I think we need to use the email more aggresively
14:29:32 [ZacharyWhitley]
q?
14:29:46 [Zakim]
-Cory
14:30:03 [Zakim]
+HadleyBeeman
14:30:18 [George]
ack cygri
14:30:38 [Zakim]
+Cory
14:31:00 [ZacharyWhitley]
q?
14:31:15 [ZacharyWhitley]
Cory: Can host in DC
14:31:52 [ZacharyWhitley]
??: unknown if DERI has telecon facilities available
14:32:10 [sandro]
DanG: BLS has a video facility we might use, if DERI's works
14:32:29 [ZacharyWhitley]
TOPIC: F2F-2 telecon resources
14:33:06 [Zakim]
-HadleyBeeman
14:33:20 [cygri]
ACTION: cygri to check availability of videoconferencing system in DERI
14:33:20 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-14 - Check availability of videoconferencing system in DERI [on Richard Cyganiak - due 2011-11-10].
14:33:34 [olyerickson]
DC is easily accessible for any of us on the east coast
14:34:03 [George]
colocation is a possible requirement and good option in general
14:34:11 [ZacharyWhitley]
cyrgi: telecon for US members unable to travel to F2F-2
14:34:49 [olyerickson]
Q: Why can't we use Skype, video, projectors, etc?
14:35:44 [cygri]
s/cyrgi/cygri/
14:35:51 [sandro]
sandro: Maybe we can do a half-day or all-day tour of DERI projects the day before/after the F2F2, to help give one more reason to attend in person, and generally being useful
14:36:22 [George]
q?
14:36:25 [olyerickson]
+1 to tour of DERI projects...hoping I can attend in person...
14:36:34 [olyerickson]
no I'm not on q
14:36:49 [Zakim]
+HadleyBeeman
14:37:16 [ZacharyWhitley]
sandro: use all tools that we can get working. High res optimal but do what we can
14:38:04 [George]
action: george to work on co-location tools and logistics
14:38:04 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-15 - Work on co-location tools and logistics [on George Thomas - due 2011-11-10].
14:40:05 [olyerickson]
+1 to "full week..."
14:40:15 [ZacharyWhitley]
TOPIC: Updates on W3C TPAC
14:40:36 [sandro]
http://www.w3.org/egov/wiki/F2F4
14:41:14 [ZacharyWhitley]
sandro: broad ranging discussion on gov data issues
14:41:39 [ZacharyWhitley]
sandro: presentation of directory by bhyland
14:42:02 [olyerickson]
take me off mute
14:42:17 [sandro]
zakim, unmute olyerickson
14:42:17 [Zakim]
olyerickson should no longer be muted
14:42:19 [HadleyBeeman]
HadleyBeeman has joined #gld
14:43:46 [George]
q?
14:44:33 [ZacharyWhitley]
olyerickson: gld needs to buckle down on specific vocabulary recommendations
14:45:51 [HadleyBeeman]
Philarcher1 is working on http://SEMIC.EU/ is about core vocabularies for eGov data exchange, and Asset Description metadata System (ADMS).
14:46:06 [HadleyBeeman]
q+
14:46:17 [DanG]
The documents I promised to give to the group from US OGV is the first start here.
14:47:03 [ZacharyWhitley]
olyerickson: group is well received by related int/work groups
14:47:15 [martin]
martin has joined #gld
14:47:39 [cygri]
zakim, who is noisy?
14:47:39 [sandro]
zakim, who is talking?
14:47:41 [HadleyBeeman]
Sorry, all— I'm having significant connection problems
14:47:49 [Zakim]
cygri, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Sandro (53%), olyerickson (61%)
14:47:55 [cygri]
zakim, mute olyerickson
14:47:55 [Zakim]
olyerickson should now be muted
14:48:00 [Zakim]
sandro, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Sandro (48%), olyerickson (50%)
14:48:12 [druidsmith_]
perfect
14:48:47 [olyerickson]
+1 to "modularity" (this was TBL's big point in his plenary cosing keynote)
14:49:05 [ZacharyWhitley]
HadleyBeeman: feedback from related groups is that biggest contribution gld can make is to make an interoperable vocab
14:50:01 [olyerickson]
HadleyBeeman: can you speak to the "indirection" point?
14:50:15 [olyerickson]
q+
14:51:10 [sandro]
ack HadleyBeeman
14:51:18 [olyerickson]
HadleyBeeman: It was TBL's point...and came up in #opendata (gregg kellogg)
14:51:23 [George]
ack HadleyBeeman
14:51:42 [olyerickson]
;)
14:51:52 [olyerickson]
take me off mute
14:52:02 [Zakim]
+??P33
14:52:03 [George]
zakim, unmute olyerickson
14:52:03 [Zakim]
olyerickson should no longer be muted
14:52:04 [olyerickson]
hello
14:52:08 [HadleyBeeman]
zakim, unmute olyerickson
14:52:08 [Zakim]
olyerickson was not muted, HadleyBeeman
14:52:25 [martin]
zakim, ??p33 is me
14:52:25 [Zakim]
+martin; got it
14:53:00 [ZacharyWhitley]
olyerickson: modularity of vocab and interoperability
14:53:32 [ZacharyWhitley]
olyerickson: adopting a vocabulary should be easy
14:54:03 [ZacharyWhitley]
olerickson: (paraphrasing Gregg Kellogg)
14:54:43 [olyerickson]
not just reuse, but how to make it easy
14:54:51 [cygri]
zakim, mote olyerickson
14:54:51 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'mote olyerickson', cygri
14:54:55 [olyerickson]
;)
14:54:59 [cygri]
zakim, mute olyerickson
14:54:59 [Zakim]
olyerickson should now be muted
14:56:06 [olyerickson]
reusing vocabs is fine, but making it easy for GLD noobs to adopt (aggregated) vocabs
14:56:18 [olyerickson]
reinvention , possibly yes
14:56:42 [HadleyBeeman]
+1 to mhausenblas correcting the time — it threw me too
14:57:41 [ZacharyWhitley]
what were the recommendations for making it easy?
14:58:03 [ZacharyWhitley]
if someone could add that to the wiki if it's available.
14:58:27 [olyerickson]
Thanks George and everyone!
14:58:32 [Zakim]
-Sandro
14:58:33 [Zakim]
-HadleyBeeman
14:58:35 [Zakim]
-mhausenblas
14:58:35 [Zakim]
-olyerickson
14:58:35 [Zakim]
-DanG
14:58:36 [druidsmith_]
Thanks George and everyone
14:58:36 [Zakim]
-martin
14:58:39 [Yigal]
Yigal has left #gld
14:58:39 [Zakim]
-Cory
14:58:45 [olyerickson]
olyerickson has left #gld
14:58:45 [Zakim]
-Yigal
14:58:46 [Zakim]
-druidsmith_
14:58:53 [Zakim]
- +1.267.481.aacc
14:59:16 [George]
RRSAgent, set logs world-visible
14:59:44 [George]
RRSAgent, generate minutes
14:59:44 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/11/03-gld-minutes.html George
15:01:53 [Zakim]
+bkaempgen
15:02:25 [George]
http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2011-11-03
15:02:42 [Zakim]
- +1.443.569.aadd
15:02:45 [Zakim]
-George
15:02:49 [BenediktKaempgen]
BenediktKaempgen has joined #gld
15:03:52 [BenediktKaempgen]
zakim, who's here?
15:03:52 [Zakim]
On the phone I see bkaempgen
15:03:53 [Zakim]
On IRC I see BenediktKaempgen, martin, HadleyBeeman, ZacharyWhitley, luisBermudez, RRSAgent, cygri, mhausenblas, danbri, MacTed, trackbot, sandro, Zakim
15:04:11 [HadleyBeeman]
Hi BenediktKaempgen - the call has just finished.
15:04:31 [HadleyBeeman]
The US already changed their clocks back....
15:04:35 [BartvanLeeuwen]
BartvanLeeuwen has joined #gld
15:04:38 [BenediktKaempgen]
hey
15:04:41 [BartvanLeeuwen]
hi
15:04:41 [HadleyBeeman]
(which confused a few of us. :) )
15:04:50 [BenediktKaempgen]
thanks for letting me know
15:04:57 [Zakim]
-bkaempgen
15:04:58 [Zakim]
T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM has ended
15:05:00 [Zakim]
Attendees were +1.443.569.aaaa, mhausenblas, Sandro, George, +1.703.362.aabb, +1.267.481.aacc, Yigal, cygri, Cory, +1.443.569.aadd, DanG, +1.202.566.aaee, druidsmith_, olyerickson,
15:05:03 [Zakim]
... HadleyBeeman, martin, bkaempgen
15:05:20 [BartvanLeeuwen]
oops the mail signifies my failure :(
15:05:41 [HadleyBeeman]
These things happen, BartvanLeeuvwen :)
15:06:13 [BenediktKaempgen]
no problem, looking forward to the minutes ;)
15:06:14 [BartvanLeeuwen]
I rushed way pased speed limit to be somewhat in time
15:13:07 [gatemezi]
gatemezi has joined #gld
15:14:15 [gatemezi]
Zakim, who's here?
15:14:15 [Zakim]
apparently T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM has ended, gatemezi
15:14:16 [Zakim]
On IRC I see gatemezi, BartvanLeeuwen, BenediktKaempgen, martin, HadleyBeeman, ZacharyWhitley, luisBermudez, RRSAgent, cygri, mhausenblas, danbri, MacTed, trackbot, sandro, Zakim
15:18:02 [BenediktKaempgen]
the call has finished
15:19:23 [HadleyBeeman]
HadleyBeeman has left #gld
15:22:00 [martin]
martin has left #gld
15:58:44 [cygri]
cygri has joined #gld
16:27:22 [HadleyBeeman]
HadleyBeeman has joined #gld
16:48:18 [HadleyBeeman]
HadleyBeeman has left #gld
17:09:03 [cygri]
cygri has joined #gld
17:25:40 [HadleyBeeman]
HadleyBeeman has joined #gld
17:27:18 [HadleyBeeman]
HadleyBeeman has left #gld
18:31:25 [HadleyBeeman]
HadleyBeeman has joined #gld
18:32:46 [HadleyBeeman]
HadleyBeeman has left #gld
19:11:36 [HadleyBeeman]
HadleyBeeman has joined #gld
20:28:14 [HadleyBeeman]
HadleyBeeman has joined #gld
20:35:53 [HadleyBeeman]
HadleyBeeman has joined #gld
20:37:02 [HadleyBeeman]
HadleyBeeman has left #gld
21:49:36 [HadleyBeeman]
HadleyBeeman has joined #gld
22:10:39 [HadleyBeeman]
HadleyBeeman has joined #gld
22:36:24 [HadleyBeeman]
HadleyBeeman has joined #gld
22:40:12 [cygri]
cygri has joined #gld
23:01:14 [HadleyBeeman]
HadleyBeeman has joined #gld
23:01:52 [HadleyBeeman]
HadleyBeeman has left #gld