IRC log of rd on 2011-10-27

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:54:12 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #rd
14:54:12 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/10/27-rd-irc
14:54:14 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
14:54:16 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 7394
14:54:16 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WAI_RDWG()11:00AM scheduled to start in 6 minutes
14:54:17 [trackbot]
Meeting: Research and Development Working Group Teleconference
14:54:17 [trackbot]
Date: 27 October 2011
14:54:40 [shadi]
Chair: Abou-Zahra_Shadi
14:54:40 [shadi]
Regrets+ Harper_Simon
14:54:40 [shadi]
Agenda+ Welcome & Logistics (Regrets, Agenda Requests, Comments)
14:54:40 [shadi]
Agenda+ Update on actions, jobs, publicity, and other items we need to
14:54:40 [shadi]
complete before the first seminar.
14:54:41 [shadi]
Agenda+ Evaluating Submissions from Scientific Committee Members -
14:54:45 [shadi]
Procedure and Protocol.
14:54:47 [shadi]
Agenda+ Next Topic Discussion - Redux.
14:54:49 [shadi]
Agenda+ ACM ASSETS Conference - Next Week - Anything we want to bring to
14:54:51 [shadi]
their attention.
14:54:53 [shadi]
Agenda+ Any Other Business
14:54:55 [shadi]
agenda?
14:55:06 [shadi]
zakim, clear agenda
14:55:18 [Zakim]
agenda cleared
14:55:38 [shadi]
Chair: Abou-Zahra_Shadi
14:55:38 [shadi]
Regrets+ Harper_Simon
14:55:38 [shadi]
Agenda+ Welcome & Logistics (Regrets, Agenda Requests, Comments)
14:55:38 [shadi]
Agenda+ Update on actions, jobs, publicity, and other items we need to
14:55:38 [shadi]
complete before the first seminar.
14:55:39 [shadi]
Agenda+ Evaluating Submissions from Scientific Committee Members -
14:55:41 [shadi]
Procedure and Protocol.
14:55:45 [shadi]
Agenda+ Next Topic Discussion - Redux.
14:55:47 [shadi]
Agenda+ ACM ASSETS Conference - Next Week - Anything we want to bring to
14:55:49 [shadi]
their attention.
14:55:51 [shadi]
Agenda+ Any Other Business
14:56:24 [Peter]
Peter has joined #rd
15:00:26 [giorgio]
giorgio has joined #rd
15:01:00 [Zakim]
WAI_RDWG()11:00AM has now started
15:01:01 [Zakim]
+??P57
15:01:23 [giorgio]
?
15:01:28 [giorgio]
help
15:01:33 [giorgio]
h
15:01:39 [giorgio]
zakim h
15:01:44 [markel]
markel has joined #rd
15:02:19 [giorgio]
zakim, code?
15:02:19 [Zakim]
the conference code is 7394 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 sip:zakim@voip.w3.org), giorgio
15:02:40 [giorgio]
zakim, who's here?
15:02:40 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ??P57
15:02:43 [Zakim]
On IRC I see markel, giorgio, Peter, RRSAgent, shadi, nonge, Mate, Zakim, trackbot
15:03:02 [giorgio]
zakim, ??P57 is giorgio
15:03:11 [Zakim]
+giorgio; got it
15:03:18 [giorgio]
zakim, who's here?
15:03:24 [Zakim]
+??P62
15:03:27 [Zakim]
-??P62
15:03:29 [Zakim]
+??P62
15:03:39 [Zakim]
On the phone I see giorgio, ??P62
15:03:58 [Joshue108]
Joshue108 has joined #rd
15:04:00 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
15:04:08 [Zakim]
On IRC I see markel, giorgio, Peter, RRSAgent, shadi, nonge, Mate, Zakim, trackbot
15:04:08 [shadi]
zakim, ipcaller is me
15:04:38 [Zakim]
+shadi; got it
15:04:38 [shadi]
zakim, ??p62 is Markel
15:04:44 [Zakim]
+Markel; got it
15:05:34 [Zakim]
+??P24
15:05:35 [Joshue108]
zakim, code?
15:05:35 [Zakim]
the conference code is 7394 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 sip:zakim@voip.w3.org), Joshue108
15:05:46 [Zakim]
+??P14
15:05:47 [Peter]
??P24 is me
15:05:52 [Joshue108]
zakim, ??P24 is Joshue
15:05:52 [Zakim]
+Joshue; got it
15:06:09 [Joshue108]
zakim, mute me
15:06:09 [Zakim]
Joshue should now be muted
15:06:19 [Peter]
hmm not sure who I am :)
15:06:33 [Peter]
Zakim, mute me
15:06:33 [Zakim]
sorry, Peter, I do not know which phone connection belongs to you
15:06:37 [Peter]
a deep question I know
15:06:56 [shadi]
agenda?
15:07:16 [Peter]
Zakim, ??P14 is me
15:07:16 [Zakim]
+Peter; got it
15:07:19 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 1
15:07:19 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Welcome & Logistics (Regrets, Agenda Requests, Comments)" taken up [from shadi]
15:07:36 [markel]
thanks GB
15:07:41 [Peter]
Zakim, mute me
15:07:41 [Zakim]
Peter should now be muted
15:07:52 [Peter]
sure
15:08:05 [markel]
lol
15:08:29 [Peter]
sounds good
15:08:32 [shadi]
scribe: peter
15:08:52 [Zakim]
-Peter
15:08:56 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
15:09:11 [Peter]
oh no
15:09:12 [shadi]
zakim, ipcaller is Vivienne
15:09:12 [Zakim]
+Vivienne; got it
15:09:32 [Peter]
scribe: peter
15:10:49 [Peter]
Zakim, unmute
15:10:49 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'unmute', Peter
15:11:02 [Peter]
will re-dial
15:11:15 [Peter]
better take Giorgio for scribe and I'll take the next time
15:11:16 [shadi]
zakim, take up next
15:11:16 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Update on actions, jobs, publicity, and other items we need to" taken up [from shadi]
15:11:23 [Peter]
on a bit of a sketchy wifi
15:11:29 [shadi]
scribe: giorgio
15:11:33 [Zakim]
-Joshue
15:11:51 [Joshue]
Joshue has joined #rd
15:12:12 [Zakim]
+??P16
15:12:22 [giorgio]
shadi: resumes item 1 of agenda; we got 1 submission
15:12:25 [Peter]
Zakim, ??P16 is me
15:12:25 [Zakim]
+Peter; got it
15:12:37 [Peter]
Zakim, mute me
15:12:37 [Zakim]
Peter should now be muted
15:12:43 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
15:12:45 [Peter]
(sorry about that)
15:12:50 [shadi]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-rd-submission/
15:12:58 [Joshue]
zakim, [IPcaller] is Joshue
15:12:58 [Zakim]
+Joshue; got it
15:13:21 [Joshue]
zakim, mute me
15:13:21 [Zakim]
Joshue should now be muted
15:13:45 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/Paper_Selection_Criteria
15:13:58 [giorgio]
SAZ: we set up review notes/instructions tha twe agreed upon time ago, but we didn't finilzed them
15:14:47 [giorgio]
SAZ: we sent a reminder that deadline is not extendable
15:14:52 [markel]
q+
15:14:52 [shadi]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ig/2011OctDec/0025.html
15:14:58 [shadi]
ack m
15:15:34 [giorgio]
markel: who is the receipient of those automatic notification of new submissions?
15:15:42 [shadi]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-rd-submission/
15:16:13 [giorgio]
SAZ: public mailing list, anybody can subscribe to it
15:16:49 [giorgio]
SAZ: submission mailing list, actually. as symposium chairs we are there
15:17:35 [giorgio]
SAZ: apologizes for having included a few persons in it. The scientific comittee was by default added to the list
15:17:55 [giorgio]
SAZ: we can change the current policy.
15:18:01 [giorgio]
q+
15:18:12 [shadi]
ack g
15:18:21 [Joshue]
and me!
15:18:31 [giorgio]
giorgio: was very happy for shadi doing by default
15:18:40 [markel]
q+
15:18:54 [shadi]
ack m
15:19:19 [giorgio]
markel: then anybody can access the submissions? is it a good thing?
15:19:44 [giorgio]
q+
15:19:44 [Joshue]
good point
15:20:01 [giorgio]
markel: there is confidentiality of submission at stakes
15:20:08 [markel]
that's it
15:20:16 [shadi]
ack g
15:21:20 [markel]
agree with GB
15:21:23 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/metrics/
15:21:35 [giorgio]
giorgio: the policy should be in line with the cfp
15:22:20 [giorgio]
saz: checking if there is some info in the cfp; there is none, apparently
15:22:27 [giorgio]
q+
15:22:32 [shadi]
ack g
15:24:02 [giorgio]
giorgio: it should be something that for next webminars should be checked. right now I think we are good, but we should close subscriptions to that mailing list
15:24:05 [giorgio]
saz: agrees
15:24:11 [markel]
:-)
15:24:32 [markel]
q+
15:24:44 [shadi]
ack m
15:25:21 [giorgio]
markel: deadline is on monday; then the sceintific committee will meet;
15:25:32 [giorgio]
q+
15:25:51 [markel]
normally submissions will arrive the night before
15:25:52 [shadi]
ack g
15:26:54 [markel]
it's a good proposal
15:27:17 [giorgio]
giorgio: suggests that chairs should appoint papers to reviewers; collect reviews and then set up a discussion in the group
15:28:04 [markel]
a week for reviews?
15:28:07 [Joshue]
Yes, thats fine
15:28:10 [giorgio]
q+
15:28:17 [Joshue]
depending on amount of papers tho
15:28:36 [markel]
sounds good
15:28:50 [markel]
still have 1 week for the notification
15:28:53 [Joshue]
Shall we start on the 2nd?
15:28:53 [shadi]
ack g
15:29:23 [Joshue]
+q
15:29:29 [markel]
me too
15:29:29 [Joshue]
zakim, unmute me
15:29:29 [Zakim]
Joshue should no longer be muted
15:29:31 [shadi]
ack q
15:29:35 [shadi]
ack j
15:29:36 [giorgio]
giorgio: agrees with 1 week
15:29:57 [giorgio]
josh: how will the process work?
15:30:12 [giorgio]
q+
15:30:33 [shadi]
ack g
15:31:33 [markel]
yes, watch out with conflicts of interest
15:31:39 [Joshue]
zakim, mute me
15:31:39 [Zakim]
Joshue should now be muted
15:31:58 [giorgio]
q+
15:31:59 [Joshue]
zakim, unmute me
15:31:59 [Zakim]
Joshue should no longer be muted
15:32:28 [giorgio]
SORRY josh: I forgot you were a chair
15:32:29 [markel]
SAZ, it's clear to me
15:32:35 [shadi]
ack g
15:32:36 [Joshue]
no worries
15:32:52 [markel]
:-)
15:33:28 [giorgio]
yes
15:33:31 [Joshue]
yes
15:33:38 [markel]
don't worry, we will manage
15:33:42 [Joshue]
:-)
15:33:43 [giorgio]
saz: can giorgio markel josh make sure that the process is smooth enough
15:33:54 [Joshue]
ok
15:34:03 [Joshue]
zakim, mute me
15:34:03 [Zakim]
Joshue should now be muted
15:34:11 [giorgio]
yes, we wil be bery bad guys for thoe that are late
15:34:32 [giorgio]
q+
15:34:33 [Joshue]
zakim, unmute me
15:34:34 [Zakim]
Joshue should no longer be muted
15:34:36 [Joshue]
+q
15:35:31 [giorgio]
markel: we can meet 1 week after, but the deadline is on the 17th (for the answers); let's make sure that those that are always late like me can do it.
15:35:37 [giorgio]
q+
15:36:14 [Joshue]
-q
15:36:19 [markel]
sure
15:36:39 [markel]
yes SAZ you are right
15:37:34 [shadi]
ack g
15:38:40 [giorgio]
saz: monday 7/11 afternoon is ok?
15:38:52 [giorgio]
saz: for the PC meeting?
15:38:52 [Joshue]
Yup, both are fine with me
15:39:06 [giorgio]
saz: also wed 9/11
15:39:09 [markel]
ok
15:39:16 [giorgio]
ok
15:39:34 [markel]
any of them 7 or 9 suits me
15:39:50 [giorgio]
saz: good
15:39:56 [Joshue]
AM is better for me
15:40:23 [shadi]
2-3 Symposium Chairs to meet
15:41:02 [shadi]
tentative dates for scientific committee: 7,9,14,15 Nov (whichever are needed)
15:41:05 [giorgio]
q+
15:41:19 [shadi]
reporting back: 10, 17 Nov
15:41:23 [shadi]
ack g
15:42:06 [giorgio]
thank you josh
15:42:34 [giorgio]
saz: sent out a reminder
15:42:44 [giorgio]
q+
15:42:56 [shadi]
ack g
15:43:33 [giorgio]
giorgio: we should also ping those poeple that were individually "invited"
15:43:52 [markel]
q+
15:43:58 [shadi]
ack m
15:44:26 [giorgio]
markel: can the pc member submit?
15:44:29 [giorgio]
q+
15:44:44 [shadi]
q-
15:44:50 [giorgio]
ok
15:45:00 [shadi]
q- g
15:45:03 [shadi]
zakim, take up next
15:45:03 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Evaluating Submissions from Scientific Committee Members -" taken up [from shadi]
15:45:07 [shadi]
q+ giorgio
15:45:26 [Joshue]
zakim, mute me
15:45:29 [Zakim]
Joshue should now be muted
15:45:33 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/Paper_Selection_Criteria
15:45:46 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/2011/metrics/cfp.html
15:45:48 [shadi]
ack g
15:47:15 [giorgio]
giorgio: we should use the typical conflict of interest of papers and reviewers.
15:47:48 [giorgio]
q+
15:48:40 [shadi]
ack g
15:50:47 [giorgio]
saz: to write a wiki to document that conflict of interest is to handled with a policy, that additional extra reviewers should be involved if needed
15:52:38 [giorgio]
saz: to vote for the current wiki page for the paper selection and revieing criteria
15:52:41 [giorgio]
ok for me
15:52:45 [shadi]
zakim, take up next
15:52:45 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "Next Topic Discussion - Redux." taken up [from shadi]
15:53:02 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki7
15:53:05 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/
15:53:18 [giorgio]
saz: we had some activity,people adding ideas for the next topic
15:53:55 [giorgio]
saz: expects something from mario & klaus to add things
15:54:11 [markel]
are we running another survey to choose the next topic?
15:54:16 [giorgio]
saz: klaus miesemberger from lienz univ in austria
15:54:31 [giorgio]
saz: please populate the wiki with topics
15:54:45 [markel]
q+
15:55:01 [giorgio]
saz: we will discuss it next week again
15:55:10 [giorgio]
markel: will we run another survey?
15:55:54 [giorgio]
saz: simon thought of a survey; I see a survey is better when there is a short lit of items and a discussion was run to evaluate them beforehand
15:56:13 [giorgio]
saz: simon thought of a survey; I see a survey is better when there
15:56:18 [shadi]
ack m
15:56:26 [giorgio]
saz: is a short lit of items and a discussion was run to evaluate them beforehand
15:56:51 [Joshue]
me lol
15:57:49 [giorgio]
saz: we drop the item on assets
15:57:51 [markel]
ASSEST it's gone!
15:58:00 [shadi]
zakim, drop agendum 5
15:58:00 [Zakim]
agendum 5, ACM ASSETS Conference - Next Week - Anything we want to bring to, dropped
15:58:07 [markel]
finished yesterday
15:58:08 [shadi]
zakim, take up next
15:58:08 [Zakim]
agendum 6. "Any Other Business" taken up [from shadi]
15:58:21 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ACT/
15:58:54 [giorgio]
saz: a new funded project, started on sept 1, multipartnerm,, w3c + others
16:00:10 [giorgio]
saz: goal is to develop guidance for policy makers, an evaluation methodology
16:01:38 [giorgio]
saz: will keep us posted
16:01:56 [giorgio]
not me
16:03:17 [markel]
see you!
16:03:19 [Peter]
cheers
16:03:22 [Zakim]
-Joshue
16:03:23 [markel]
markel has left #rd
16:03:26 [Zakim]
-Vivienne
16:03:27 [Zakim]
-Markel
16:03:29 [Zakim]
-shadi
16:03:32 [Zakim]
-Peter
16:03:33 [Zakim]
-giorgio
16:03:33 [Zakim]
WAI_RDWG()11:00AM has ended
16:03:35 [Zakim]
Attendees were giorgio, shadi, Markel, Joshue, Peter, Vivienne
16:04:14 [shadi]
trackbot, end meetin
16:04:14 [trackbot]
Sorry, shadi, I don't understand 'trackbot, end meetin'. Please refer to http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/irc for help
16:04:16 [shadi]
trackbot, end meeting
16:04:16 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
16:04:17 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
16:04:17 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/10/27-rd-minutes.html trackbot
16:04:18 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
16:04:18 [RRSAgent]
I see no action items
16:04:18 [Zakim]
sorry, trackbot, I don't know what conference this is