IRC log of au on 2011-10-24

Timestamps are in UTC.

18:52:46 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #au
18:52:46 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/10/24-au-irc
18:53:07 [Jan]
Zakim, this will be AUWG
18:53:07 [Zakim]
ok, Jan; I see WAI_AUWG()3:00PM scheduled to start in 7 minutes
18:59:07 [Zakim]
WAI_AUWG()3:00PM has now started
18:59:14 [Zakim]
+Jeanne
18:59:29 [jeanne]
jeanne has joined #au
18:59:31 [Jan]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2011OctDec/0038.html
18:59:51 [Jan]
Scribe: Jan
19:00:06 [Jan]
Chair: Jutta Treviranus
19:00:13 [Jan]
Chair: Jan Richards
19:00:31 [Jan]
Regrets: Jutta T.
19:00:53 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
19:01:16 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
19:01:18 [jeanne]
zakim, Microsoft is Alex
19:01:18 [Zakim]
+Alex; got it
19:02:19 [Jan]
zakim, [IPcaller] is really Jan
19:02:19 [Zakim]
+Jan; got it
19:03:22 [Zakim]
+ +1.571.765.aaaa
19:03:36 [jeanne]
zakim, aaaa is Greg
19:03:36 [Zakim]
+Greg; got it
19:05:07 [Greg]
Greg has joined #au
19:05:20 [Greg]
Hello Zakim
19:05:41 [Jan]
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35520/20111024/results
19:05:45 [Jan]
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35520/20111024
19:06:32 [Zakim]
+Sueann
19:09:57 [Jan]
scribe: jeanne
19:10:32 [Jan]
Topic: 1. Last call comments (due Sept 15)
19:11:32 [Jan]
Topic: 2. Actions arising from last week:
19:11:42 [Jan]
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35520/20111024/results
19:11:55 [Jan]
Topic: reversible actions
19:11:58 [jeanne]
Jan: PF accepted our changes to the last draft in responses to their cvomments
19:12:04 [Jan]
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35520/20111024/results#xq9
19:13:14 [Jan]
A reversible authoring action is an authoring action that can be immediately and completely undone by the authoring tool upon a cancel request by an author. Examples of cancel requests include: "cancel", "undo", ("redo" when it used to reverse "undo"), "revert", "roll-back".
19:13:19 [jeanne]
Greg: If there is revert or rollback, that should also be included
19:15:01 [jeanne]
... the revert is to a last saved point, so it would not be a sequential reverse of actions.
19:15:27 [jeanne]
JR: At the minimum level, it can be a revert. At the AAA it is a sequential reversal.
19:16:21 [jeanne]
AL: But the SC hasn't changed?
19:16:24 [Sueann]
Sueann has joined #au
19:16:34 [jeanne]
JR: The SC has changed. The notes have moved to the definition
19:18:06 [Zakim]
+Tim_Boland
19:20:12 [jeanne]
RESOLUTION: Accept the above wording
19:20:39 [Jan]
Resolution: All accept reversible actions changes from "http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35520/20111024/results#xq9" with added examples, revert etc
19:20:54 [Jan]
Topic: term "authoring action" in to the preview defn note
19:21:00 [Jan]
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35520/20111024/results#xq10
19:21:31 [Tim]
Tim has joined #au
19:22:36 [jeanne]
JR: changed to discriminate between editable authoring actions and testing author action
19:22:59 [Jan]
Views in which no authoring actions are provided. Typically, the purpose of previews is to present content as it would appear to end-users of user agents. In these cases, previews may be implemented using existing user agents or they may attempt to emulate some user agent functionality.
19:24:40 [Jan]
Views in which no authoring actions are provided (i.e., the view is not editable). Typically, the purpose of previews is to present content as it would appear to end-users of user agents. In these cases, previews may be implemented using existing user agents or they may attempt to emulate some user agent functionality.
19:25:07 [jeanne]
JS: I think we should keep "editable" because some people may consider testing a preview page as an authoring action
19:25:08 [Jan]
Resolution: All accept: Views in which no authoring actions are provided (i.e., the view is not editable). Typically, the purpose of previews is to present content as it would appear to end-users of user agents. In these cases, previews may be implemented using existing user agents or they may attempt to emulate some user agent functionality.
19:25:21 [Jan]
programmatically determined
19:25:27 [Jan]
Topic: programmatically determined
19:25:36 [Jan]
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35520/20111024/results#xq11
19:27:24 [jeanne]
JR: I added the note.
19:27:30 [jeanne]
AL: That looks fine to me.
19:27:39 [Jan]
Resolution: All accept "Note: In ATAG 2.0, some success criteria require authoring tools to make certain information programmatically determinable. In cases where the platform lacks a platform accessibility service, these success criteria are to be considered "not applicable". Conformance claims are optional, but any claim that is made must record the platform and the fact that the platform...
19:27:41 [Jan]
...does not include a platform accessibility service. "
19:27:52 [Jan]
Topic: A.2.2.1 Editing-View Status Information
19:27:59 [Jan]
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35520/20111024/results#xq4
19:30:49 [Jan]
AL: looks ok to me
19:34:41 [Jan]
SN: Seems reasonable
19:34:50 [Jan]
Resolution: All agree with "A.2.2.1 Editing-View Status Indicators: If an editing-view adds status indicators to the content being edited, then the status messages being indicated can be programmatically determined. Note: Status indicators may indicate errors (e.g. spelling errors), tracked changes, hidden elements, or other information. "
19:35:08 [Jan]
Topic: 3. Conformance claim harmonization with WCAG (SN's issue):
19:36:34 [Jan]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/2011/ED-ATAG20-20111014/#conf-claim
19:36:43 [Jan]
http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG/#conformance-claims
19:38:08 [jeanne]
[comparison with WCAG]
19:39:55 [jeanne]
JR: who can make the claim is different. WCAG is completely open. We allow collections of software components to conform. We also allow the claimant to state the technologies they are making the claim against. ATAG also asks the platform, but WCAG does not.
19:42:25 [jeanne]
Sueann: Claims should be made by the entity that owns the intellectual property. This is a blocking issue.
19:42:48 [Jan]
SN: "Developer" is too loose
19:42:56 [jeanne]
... developer is not appropriate when we are discussing intellectual property. These are quasi-legal statements.
19:44:09 [Jan]
JR: Authoring tool provide
19:44:14 [Jan]
GP: Publisher?
19:44:19 [Jan]
GP: Licensor?
19:45:24 [Jan]
JS: What about open source group?
19:45:32 [Jan]
SN: No different..someone licenses it
19:45:45 [Jan]
JS: True...but who has the authority
19:47:45 [Jan]
JR: Authoring tool representative?
19:48:10 [Jan]
SN: It's the company...open source org, software company...
19:48:24 [Jan]
GP: The entity that controls the intellectual property
19:49:28 [Jan]
SN: Likes what Alex just said..
19:49:50 [Jan]
AL: Basically entities that do not have IP ownerhsip claim on a product cannot make claims
19:49:58 [jeanne]
The entity who does not have control of the inteelectual property cannot make a claim on behalf of the product.
19:51:40 [Jan]
SN: Why this "At least one version of the conformance claim must be published..."
19:52:38 [Jan]
JR: Came from here UAAG1: http://www.w3.org/TR/WAI-USERAGENT/conformance.html#conformance-claims
19:52:54 [Jan]
JS: Important for people out there to get this info
19:53:48 [Jan]
SN: Why multiple versions?
19:54:05 [jeanne]
JS: different versions of the product
19:54:16 [jeanne]
GP: those would be different claims
19:56:00 [jeanne]
GP: Let's not confuse versions with renditions
19:56:11 [Zakim]
-Tim_Boland
19:56:22 [jeanne]
JR: This refers more to file formats.
19:56:48 [jeanne]
JR: I will take an action to review the conformance claim and update the language.
19:56:50 [Zakim]
-Alex
19:56:51 [Zakim]
-Sueann
19:56:55 [Zakim]
-Greg
19:57:18 [Jan]
Action JR: To review the conformance section and propose and issues for a survey.
19:57:19 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-360 - Review the conformance section and propose and issues for a survey. [on Jan Richards - due 2011-10-31].
19:57:25 [Jan]
zakim, who's here?
19:57:25 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Jeanne, Jan
19:57:26 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Greg, jeanne, RRSAgent, Zakim, Jan, trackbot
20:11:28 [Zakim]
-Jan
20:11:33 [Zakim]
-Jeanne
20:11:35 [Zakim]
WAI_AUWG()3:00PM has ended
20:11:37 [Zakim]
Attendees were Jeanne, Alex, Jan, +1.571.765.aaaa, Greg, Sueann, Tim_Boland
20:11:55 [jeanne]
rrsagent, make logs public
20:12:00 [jeanne]
rrsagent, make minutes
20:12:00 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/10/24-au-minutes.html jeanne
20:12:21 [jeanne]
rrsagent, make logs public
20:12:34 [jeanne]
Meeting: AUWG
20:13:01 [jeanne]
rrsagent, make minutes
20:13:01 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/10/24-au-minutes.html jeanne
20:13:24 [jeanne]
rrsagent, bye
20:13:24 [RRSAgent]
I see 1 open action item saved in http://www.w3.org/2011/10/24-au-actions.rdf :
20:13:24 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: JR to To review the conformance section and propose and issues for a survey. [1]
20:13:24 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/10/24-au-irc#T19-57-18