IRC log of wai-wcag on 2011-10-13

Timestamps are in UTC.

19:58:27 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
19:58:27 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/10/13-wai-wcag-irc
19:58:29 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
19:58:29 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #wai-wcag
19:58:31 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be WAI_WCAG
19:58:31 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WAI_WCAG()4:00PM scheduled to start in 2 minutes
19:58:32 [trackbot]
Meeting: Web Content Accessibility Guidelines Working Group Teleconference
19:58:32 [trackbot]
Date: 13 October 2011
20:00:29 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()4:00PM has now started
20:00:30 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
20:00:37 [greggvanderheiden]
greggvanderheiden has joined #wai-wcag
20:00:52 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
20:00:54 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
20:00:54 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
20:01:30 [Zakim]
+David_MacDonald
20:01:51 [Zakim]
+??P10
20:02:01 [MichaelC]
zakim, ??P10 is Michael_Cooper
20:02:01 [Zakim]
+Michael_Cooper; got it
20:02:11 [David]
David has joined #wai-wcag
20:02:17 [Zakim]
-Michael_Cooper
20:02:26 [Zakim]
+James_Nurthen
20:02:29 [Zakim]
+Katie_Haritos-Shea
20:02:43 [Zakim]
+??P12
20:02:49 [MichaelC]
zakim, ??P12 is Michael_Cooper
20:02:49 [Zakim]
+Michael_Cooper; got it
20:02:50 [Zakim]
+ +1.617.584.aaaa
20:03:23 [Zakim]
-Michael_Cooper
20:03:55 [Zakim]
+??P12
20:03:59 [MichaelC]
zakim, ??P12 is Michael_Cooper
20:03:59 [Zakim]
+Michael_Cooper; got it
20:04:25 [MichaelC]
zakim, IPcaller is Gregg_Vanderheiden
20:04:25 [Zakim]
+Gregg_Vanderheiden; got it
20:04:42 [awk]
awk has joined #wai-wcag
20:04:46 [MichaelC]
zakim, aaaa is Andrew_Kirkpatrick
20:04:46 [Zakim]
+Andrew_Kirkpatrick; got it
20:04:47 [jamesn]
jamesn has joined #wai-wcag
20:05:07 [marcjohlic]
marcjohlic has joined #wai-wcag
20:05:22 [MichaelC]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2011OctDec/0007.html
20:05:29 [MichaelC]
chair: Loretta_Guarino_Reid
20:05:30 [Zakim]
+Loretta_Guarino_Reid
20:05:38 [Zakim]
+Marc_Johlic
20:05:46 [jamesn]
zakim, who is here?
20:05:46 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Gregg_Vanderheiden, Bruce_Bailey, David_MacDonald, James_Nurthen, Katie_Haritos-Shea, Andrew_Kirkpatrick, Michael_Cooper, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Marc_Johlic
20:05:50 [Zakim]
On IRC I see marcjohlic, jamesn, awk, David, greggvanderheiden, Zakim, RRSAgent, Loretta, Joshue, MichaelC, trackbot
20:07:03 [adam]
adam has joined #wai-wcag
20:07:32 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
20:07:57 [MichaelC]
regrets: Jon_Gunderson
20:08:44 [MichaelC]
zakim, IPcaller is Adam_Solomon
20:08:44 [Zakim]
+Adam_Solomon; got it
20:10:22 [MichaelC]
scribe: marcjohlic
20:11:03 [marcjohlic]
TOPIC: Issue LC-2493: T3: Using standard text formatting conventions for headings
20:19:41 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
20:20:33 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
20:21:05 [marcjohlic]
Christophe's response: http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20111013misc/results#x2493
20:21:21 [marcjohlic]
We have an open action item to revisit plain text techniques.
20:21:41 [marcjohlic]
RESOLUTION: Accepted as proposed
20:22:05 [marcjohlic]
TOPIC: Issue LC-2498: Understanding SC 2.4.6 needs improvement
20:28:31 [Loretta]
zakim, who is here?
20:28:31 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Gregg_Vanderheiden, David_MacDonald, James_Nurthen, Katie_Haritos-Shea, Andrew_Kirkpatrick, Michael_Cooper, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Marc_Johlic, Adam_Solomon,
20:28:34 [Zakim]
... Bruce_Bailey
20:28:35 [Zakim]
On IRC I see adam, marcjohlic, jamesn, awk, David, greggvanderheiden, Zakim, RRSAgent, Loretta, Joshue, MichaelC, trackbot
20:32:18 [Loretta]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/UNDERSTANDING-WCAG20/navigation-mechanisms-descriptive.html
20:42:21 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
20:42:56 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
20:53:04 [marcjohlic]
ACTION: adam to add an example from G131 of a label for an interactive control
20:53:04 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-159 - Add an example from G131 of a label for an interactive control [on Adam Solomon - due 2011-10-20].
20:53:35 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
20:54:27 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
20:57:34 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
20:58:51 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
20:59:28 [marcjohlic]
ACTION: adam to propose an example/technique for 2.4.6 for a label for a non-interactive control
20:59:28 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-160 - Propose an example/technique for 2.4.6 for a label for a non-interactive control [on Adam Solomon - due 2011-10-20].
20:59:51 [marcjohlic]
RESOLUTION: Accepted as amended
21:00:18 [marcjohlic]
TOPIC: Issue LC-2499: Mixup in Understanding doc: SC 3.2.2 and SC 3.2.5
21:23:12 [jamesn]
How about this for issue 2(last sentence changed): People working toward level A conformance need to see this in 3.2.2 and will not be looking at 3.2.5. Opening a new window is a change of context and is therefore covered under 3.2.2.
21:25:05 [marcjohlic]
RESOLUTION: Accepted as amended
21:25:42 [marcjohlic]
TOPIC: Issue LC-2538: UA and AT out of date
21:25:57 [marcjohlic]
RESOLUTION: Accepted as proposed
21:26:12 [marcjohlic]
TOPIC: Issue LC-2569: Example 2
21:26:26 [marcjohlic]
RESOLUTION: Accepted as proposed
21:26:53 [marcjohlic]
TOPIC: Issue LC-2545: Situation B: Colors for stacked bar chart
21:39:52 [Zakim]
-Adam_Solomon
21:40:28 [marcjohlic]
ACTION: greggvanderhein and Loretta to revisit the response for clarification.
21:40:28 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - greggvanderhein
21:41:27 [marcjohlic]
ACTION: greggvanderheiden and Loretta to revisit the response for clarification.
21:41:27 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - greggvanderheiden
21:41:29 [Zakim]
-Andrew_Kirkpatrick
21:41:32 [Zakim]
-Loretta_Guarino_Reid
21:41:34 [Zakim]
-David_MacDonald
21:41:34 [Zakim]
-Katie_Haritos-Shea
21:41:35 [Zakim]
-James_Nurthen
21:41:38 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
21:41:40 [Zakim]
-Michael_Cooper
21:42:12 [Zakim]
-Marc_Johlic
21:42:32 [marcjohlic]
ACTION: loretta and Gregg to to revisit the response for clarification.
21:42:32 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-161 - And Gregg to to revisit the response for clarification. [on Loretta Guarino Reid - due 2011-10-20].
21:43:14 [marcjohlic]
RESOLUTION: Accepted as amended pending completion of action item
21:43:17 [Zakim]
-Gregg_Vanderheiden
21:43:18 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()4:00PM has ended
21:43:20 [Zakim]
Attendees were Bruce_Bailey, David_MacDonald, Michael_Cooper, James_Nurthen, Katie_Haritos-Shea, +1.617.584.aaaa, Gregg_Vanderheiden, Andrew_Kirkpatrick, Loretta_Guarino_Reid,
21:43:23 [Zakim]
... Marc_Johlic, Adam_Solomon
21:46:48 [jamesn]
jamesn has left #wai-wcag
21:47:17 [MichaelC]
rrsagent, make minutes
21:47:17 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/10/13-wai-wcag-minutes.html MichaelC
21:51:18 [MichaelC]
scribeOptions: -final
21:51:29 [MichaelC]
present- +1.617.584.aaaa
21:51:59 [MichaelC]
trackbot, end meeting
21:51:59 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
21:51:59 [Zakim]
sorry, trackbot, I don't know what conference this is
21:52:00 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
21:52:00 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/10/13-wai-wcag-minutes.html trackbot
21:52:01 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
21:52:01 [RRSAgent]
I see 5 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2011/10/13-wai-wcag-actions.rdf :
21:52:01 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: adam to add an example from G131 of a label for an interactive control [1]
21:52:01 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/10/13-wai-wcag-irc#T20-53-04
21:52:01 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: adam to propose an example/technique for 2.4.6 for a label for a non-interactive control [2]
21:52:01 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/10/13-wai-wcag-irc#T20-59-28
21:52:01 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: greggvanderhein and Loretta to revisit the response for clarification. [3]
21:52:01 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/10/13-wai-wcag-irc#T21-40-28
21:52:01 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: greggvanderheiden and Loretta to revisit the response for clarification. [4]
21:52:01 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/10/13-wai-wcag-irc#T21-41-27
21:52:01 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: loretta and Gregg to to revisit the response for clarification. [5]
21:52:01 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/10/13-wai-wcag-irc#T21-42-32