IRC log of rd on 2011-10-13

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:55:59 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #rd
14:55:59 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/10/13-rd-irc
14:56:01 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
14:56:01 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #rd
14:56:03 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 7394
14:56:03 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WAI_RDWG()11:00AM scheduled to start in 4 minutes
14:56:04 [trackbot]
Meeting: Research and Development Working Group Teleconference
14:56:04 [trackbot]
Date: 13 October 2011
14:56:20 [sharper]
Chair: Harper_Simon
14:56:20 [sharper]
Agenda+ Welcome & Logistics (Regrets, Agenda Requests, Comments)
14:56:20 [sharper]
Agenda+ Final Agreement on Evaluation Procedure - http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/Paper_Selection_Criteria
14:56:20 [sharper]
Agenda+ Upcoming Focus
14:56:20 [sharper]
Agenda+ Any Other Business
14:56:30 [sharper]
zakim, save agenda
14:56:36 [Zakim]
ok, sharper, the agenda has been written to http://www.w3.org/2011/10/13-rd-agenda.rdf
14:56:38 [sharper]
zakim, take up item 1
14:56:38 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Welcome & Logistics (Regrets, Agenda Requests, Comments)" taken up [from sharper]
14:56:48 [sharper]
rrsagent, make logs public
14:56:48 [sharper]
rrsagent, draft minutes
14:56:48 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/10/13-rd-minutes.html sharper
14:56:49 [shadi]
zakim, call shadi-617
14:56:49 [Zakim]
ok, shadi; the call is being made
14:56:50 [Zakim]
WAI_RDWG()11:00AM has now started
14:56:51 [Zakim]
+Shadi
14:57:00 [sharper]
present+ Harper_Simon
14:57:16 [sharper]
regrets+ Yesilada_Yeliz
14:57:21 [Joshue108]
zakim, code?
14:57:21 [Zakim]
the conference code is 7394 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 sip:zakim@voip.w3.org), Joshue108
14:57:27 [sharper]
regrets+ Brajnik_Giorgio
14:57:39 [Zakim]
+??P8
14:57:51 [Joshue108]
zakim, ??P8 is Joshue
14:57:51 [Zakim]
+Joshue; got it
14:58:05 [sharper]
regrets+ Kouroupetroglou_Christos
14:58:15 [sharper]
present+ O'Connor_Joshue
14:58:32 [sharper]
present+ Abou-Zahra_Shadi
14:58:42 [sharper]
rrsagent, draft minutes
14:58:42 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/10/13-rd-minutes.html sharper
15:01:01 [Joshue108]
zakim, mute me
15:01:08 [Zakim]
Joshue should now be muted
15:01:17 [Zakim]
+??P31
15:01:26 [sharper]
zakim, ??P31 is sharper
15:01:34 [Zakim]
+sharper; got it
15:01:39 [peter]
peter has joined #rd
15:01:52 [Mario-Batusic]
Mario-Batusic has joined #rd
15:01:58 [sharper]
present+ Thiessen_Peter
15:02:19 [Zakim]
+ +1.361.279.aaaa
15:02:29 [Mate]
zakim, aaaa is me
15:02:43 [Zakim]
+Mate; got it
15:02:44 [peter]
(hello - sorry may be a bit late joining in, trying to release some software)
15:03:23 [shadi]
scribe: Mate
15:04:48 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
15:05:35 [shadi]
zakim, ipcaller is vivienne
15:05:45 [Mate]
thx
15:05:52 [Zakim]
+vivienne; got it
15:06:35 [vconway]
vconway has joined #rd
15:07:46 [shadi]
zakim, who is on the phone?
15:07:46 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Shadi, Joshue (muted), sharper, Mate, vivienne
15:08:42 [vconway]
markel sends his regrets
15:09:15 [vconway]
zakim, mute me
15:09:15 [Zakim]
sorry, vconway, I do not know which phone connection belongs to you
15:09:24 [vconway]
zakim, vconway is vivienne
15:09:24 [Zakim]
sorry, vconway, I do not recognize a party named 'vconway'
15:10:25 [Joshue108]
thats fine with me
15:10:39 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/Paper_Selection_Criteria
15:10:45 [Zakim]
+ +43.680.306.aabb
15:10:46 [Joshue108]
thats it
15:11:11 [Joshue108]
Can we put that on the agenda for next week?
15:11:23 [shadi]
q+
15:11:29 [Mario-Batusic]
zakim +43 is me
15:11:58 [vconway]
zakim, mute me
15:11:58 [Zakim]
sorry, vconway, I do not know which phone connection belongs to you
15:12:28 [shadi]
ack me
15:12:46 [Mate]
zakim, vconway is vivienne
15:12:46 [Zakim]
sorry, Mate, I do not recognize a party named 'vconway'
15:12:57 [Mario-Batusic]
zakim, "">> is me!
15:12:59 [Zakim]
sorry, Mario-Batusic, I do not recognize a party named '"">>'
15:13:37 [Mario-Batusic]
zakim, "+43." is me!
15:13:37 [Zakim]
sorry, Mario-Batusic, I do not recognize a party named '"+43."'
15:14:26 [Mario-Batusic]
zakim, aabb is me!
15:14:26 [Zakim]
+me!; got it
15:14:31 [shadi]
zakim, vivienne is really vconway
15:14:31 [Zakim]
+vconway; got it
15:15:01 [shadi]
zakim, me! is really Mario-Batusic
15:15:01 [Zakim]
+Mario-Batusic; got it
15:15:59 [Mario-Batusic]
zakim, mute me
15:15:59 [Zakim]
Mario-Batusic should now be muted
15:16:15 [vconway]
zakim, mute me
15:16:15 [Zakim]
vconway should now be muted
15:17:53 [Mate]
sorry, I have some noise on my phone
15:18:04 [Mate]
I can not hear you clearly
15:18:52 [Joshue108]
zakim,unmute me
15:18:52 [Zakim]
Joshue should no longer be muted
15:19:00 [Joshue108]
scribe: Joshue
15:19:17 [shadi]
scribenick: Joshue108
15:19:32 [Joshue108]
zakim, mute me
15:19:32 [Zakim]
Joshue should now be muted
15:19:53 [Joshue108]
SH: We can put this to be and the editors can discuss this.
15:19:57 [Joshue108]
zakim, close item 1
15:19:57 [Zakim]
agendum 1, Welcome & Logistics (Regrets, Agenda Requests, Comments), closed
15:19:59 [Zakim]
I see 3 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
15:20:01 [Zakim]
2. Final Agreement on Evaluation Procedure - http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/Paper_Selection_Criteria [from sharper]
15:20:03 [Joshue108]
zakim, item 2
15:20:03 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'item 2', Joshue108
15:20:09 [Zakim]
+??P37
15:20:09 [Joshue108]
zakim,unmute me
15:20:11 [Zakim]
Joshue should no longer be muted
15:20:21 [sharper]
zakim, take up item 2
15:20:21 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Final Agreement on Evaluation Procedure - http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/Paper_Selection_Criteria" taken up [from sharper]
15:20:28 [Joshue108]
zakim, who is making noise?
15:20:34 [sharper]
zakim, who is making noise?
15:20:35 [Zakim]
-??P37
15:20:40 [Zakim]
Joshue108, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Joshue (5%), sharper (28%), Shadi (19%)
15:20:42 [peter]
Sorry that background noise was me
15:20:49 [Joshue108]
zakim, mute me
15:20:49 [Zakim]
Joshue should now be muted
15:20:51 [Zakim]
sharper, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: sharper (29%)
15:20:57 [peter]
Will try to find a better headset around the office
15:21:10 [peter]
oh right :)
15:21:31 [Joshue108]
SH: If we can resolve this now, that we are happy how the selection criteria are going. For now its done.
15:21:37 [Mate]
zakim, mute me
15:21:37 [Zakim]
Mate should now be muted
15:21:52 [Joshue108]
SAZ: Did editorial edits.
15:22:21 [Joshue108]
zakim,unmute me
15:22:21 [Zakim]
Joshue should no longer be muted
15:22:43 [sharper]
RESOLVED: All happy with the selection criteria for now, can be opened up by editors later if they wish.
15:22:57 [Joshue108]
zakim,close item
15:22:57 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'close item', Joshue108
15:22:59 [Joshue108]
zakim,close item 2
15:22:59 [Zakim]
agendum 2, Final Agreement on Evaluation Procedure - http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/Paper_Selection_Criteria, closed
15:23:01 [Zakim]
I see 2 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
15:23:02 [Zakim]
3. Upcoming Focus [from sharper]
15:23:15 [Joshue108]
zakim, take up item 3
15:23:15 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Upcoming Focus" taken up [from sharper]
15:23:26 [Joshue108]
SH: We are at a point when we are waiting for papers etc
15:23:34 [Joshue108]
zakim, mute me
15:23:34 [Zakim]
Joshue should now be muted
15:23:47 [Joshue108]
SH: SO to be productive, what do we want to do next?
15:24:04 [Joshue108]
SH: Should we look at new topics, notes etc after this one?
15:24:17 [Mario-Batusic]
No.
15:24:23 [Joshue108]
SH: I am open to suggestions, please share thoughts, have we missed anything etc?
15:24:50 [Joshue108]
SH: Shadi, do we need any more discussion?
15:24:59 [Joshue108]
SH: Can we link the issue tracker to the calendar?
15:25:05 [Joshue108]
SAZ: Am still looking at that.
15:25:20 [Joshue108]
SH: I can't think of much more we need to do until we get papers.
15:25:38 [Joshue108]
SH: Any one else with ideas for topics etc?
15:25:43 [vconway]
I think we should leave this until papers come in and would love to look at new topics
15:25:59 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/2011/eval/eval-tf
15:26:15 [Joshue108]
SAZ: We can start looking ahead, the eval method TF was attempted to look at existing methods etc.
15:26:32 [Joshue108]
SAZ: I am wondering where to collect this info, in the wiki or seperate?
15:26:38 [Joshue108]
SAZ: Thoughts?
15:26:47 [Joshue108]
SH: I have been thinkin about this.
15:27:21 [Joshue108]
SH: We have the benchmarking metrics, and the eval tools. Could this be spread out to web a11y in general?
15:27:22 [vconway]
q+
15:27:36 [Mario-Batusic]
Do you mean for the next simposium?
15:27:38 [Joshue108]
SH: This should be a part of the wiki, but we may want to combine topics.
15:28:22 [vconway]
ack me
15:28:23 [Joshue108]
SAZ: Thats fine, the eval WG will be looking at it. It may be good to keep that in the R&D space
15:28:25 [sharper]
ack v
15:29:02 [vconway]
zakim, mute me
15:29:02 [Zakim]
vconway should now be muted
15:29:04 [Joshue108]
VC: Besides the current topics, there are others such as accreditation methods and look at where the paths cross and can work together.
15:29:06 [Joshue108]
SH: Good idea
15:29:33 [Joshue108]
SAZ: I'll start a page on the wiki, to collect existing Web site eval methods and allow other WG to browse parts etc.
15:29:46 [Joshue108]
SH: Cross pollination!
15:29:48 [sharper]
http://www.w3.org/community/cssacc/
15:30:05 [vconway]
Is this related to the LinkedIn group?
15:30:16 [Joshue108]
SH: Discssion on new WG, CSS Access group. There may be things here that are of interest to us.
15:30:48 [Joshue108]
SH: Any other ideas?
15:31:04 [Joshue108]
zakim, unmute me
15:31:04 [Zakim]
Joshue should no longer be muted
15:31:06 [Joshue108]
+q
15:31:10 [shadi]
q+
15:31:11 [vconway]
I'm particularly interested in accreditation methods
15:31:12 [Joshue108]
ack me
15:31:39 [Peter]
Peter has joined #rd
15:31:51 [shadi]
JOC: discussion about user testing evaluation
15:32:14 [shadi]
...exploration of user testing methodology may be interesting
15:32:29 [shadi]
...don't want to use the term "metrics" too restrictively
15:32:42 [vconway]
I'd love to look at the user testing issue as well
15:32:55 [vconway]
Its on the Wiki page
15:33:05 [sharper]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/User_Evaluation_Methods_for_Web_Accessibility_Evaluation
15:34:50 [Zakim]
+??P58
15:35:09 [Joshue108]
SH: Any other ideas?
15:35:10 [shadi]
ack me
15:35:19 [Joshue108]
zakim, mute me
15:35:19 [Zakim]
Joshue should now be muted
15:35:56 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/community/
15:36:27 [Joshue108]
SAZ: Regarding the CSS group, the structural stuff will be interesting, there were talks about Microformats etc - there are the technical aspects, and also the community groups and the business groups to get people together to make suggestions etc
15:37:06 [Joshue108]
SAZ: When we are writing our notes etc this is something to consider to get groups to talk together
15:37:50 [Joshue108]
SAZ: SteveF etc are trying to use this as way of talking and prestandardize something.
15:37:58 [Joshue108]
SAZ: I want to raise awareness
15:38:14 [Peter]
Zakim, ??P58 is me
15:38:14 [Zakim]
+Peter; got it
15:38:22 [Peter]
Zakim, mute me
15:38:22 [Zakim]
Peter should now be muted
15:38:39 [Joshue108]
SH: Please feel free to populate the wiki, there is also Digital TV which would be interesting
15:38:46 [Joshue108]
JOC: +1 to Digital TV
15:38:58 [Joshue108]
SAZ: I see you added the multitouch stuff.
15:39:28 [Joshue108]
SH: The UAAG wg thought this was interesting stuff to look at.
15:39:46 [Joshue108]
SH: Ok, we are done with this topic for this week.
15:40:11 [Mario-Batusic]
q+
15:40:12 [Joshue108]
SH: AOB
15:40:18 [Joshue108]
zakim, unmute me
15:40:18 [Zakim]
Joshue should no longer be muted
15:40:20 [Mario-Batusic]
zakim, ack me
15:40:21 [sharper]
ack ma
15:40:22 [Zakim]
unmuting Mario-Batusic
15:40:22 [Zakim]
I see no one on the speaker queue
15:40:40 [shadi]
scribe: shadi
15:40:46 [Peter]
q+
15:40:46 [Joshue108]
zakim, mute me
15:40:48 [Zakim]
Joshue should now be muted
15:40:48 [Joshue108]
bye
15:40:58 [Zakim]
-Joshue
15:41:19 [shadi]
MB: would be got to develop more materials about WAI-ARIA
15:41:35 [shadi]
...very important as many applications are developed in this area
15:41:37 [shadi]
q+
15:42:05 [shadi]
...to which extent browsers and assistive tools support particular aspects
15:42:31 [shadi]
ack me
15:42:33 [Peter]
(no worries :)
15:43:32 [Joshue]
Joshue has joined #rd
15:44:05 [Peter]
Zakim, unmute me
15:44:05 [Zakim]
Peter should no longer be muted
15:44:06 [sharper]
ack p
15:44:10 [shadi]
SAZ: WAI is working on an accessibility support database
15:44:35 [shadi]
...but there are tons of challenges related to web applications and accessibility
15:45:08 [sharper]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/Touch_Interfaces
15:45:08 [Peter]
Zakim, mute me
15:45:08 [Zakim]
Peter should now be muted
15:45:11 [Peter]
q-
15:45:11 [shadi]
Peter: what is the level of detail we want on the wiki
15:45:33 [shadi]
...also agree it would be good to have more information on accessibility support
15:45:36 [Mario-Batusic]
zakim, mute me
15:45:36 [Zakim]
Mario-Batusic should now be muted
15:45:51 [Peter]
ok, sounds good!
15:45:53 [shadi]
Simon: doesn't need too much detail but should be decriptive
15:46:11 [shadi]
...does not need to be fully though out or developed but explanatory
15:46:21 [shadi]
...can add more sub-pages with more detail
15:46:55 [shadi]
...do not think we should hesitate to have the accessibility support stuff on the wiki
15:47:10 [shadi]
...should not discount but keep ideas there
15:47:30 [shadi]
...may also help advertise exisiting work where available
15:47:51 [shadi]
...researchers may stumble over it and find something deployable
15:48:02 [Peter]
great - thanks - will do :)
15:48:56 [shadi]
...some overalp is good, shows relevance
15:49:13 [Mario-Batusic]
I agree
15:50:30 [Mario-Batusic]
I understand this wiki as a kind of database for research ideas for all people
15:50:33 [vconway]
no, all sounds good
15:50:56 [shadi]
trackbot, end meeting
15:50:56 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
15:50:56 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been Shadi, Joshue, sharper, +1.361.279.aaaa, Mate, +43.680.306.aabb, vconway, Mario-Batusic, Peter
15:50:57 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
15:50:57 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/10/13-rd-minutes.html trackbot
15:50:58 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
15:50:58 [RRSAgent]
I see no action items
15:50:58 [vconway]
bye now
15:51:01 [Peter]
cheers