IRC log of gld on 2011-10-13

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:54:52 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #gld
13:54:52 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/10/13-gld-irc
13:55:10 [cgueret_work]
cgueret_work has joined #gld
13:55:14 [TinaGheen]
Meeting: Government Linked Data Working Group Teleconference
13:55:37 [TinaGheen]
trackbot-ng, start telcon
13:55:39 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
13:55:41 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be EGOV_GLD
13:55:42 [Zakim]
I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled within the next hour, trackbot
13:55:42 [trackbot]
Meeting: Government Linked Data Working Group Teleconference
13:55:42 [trackbot]
Date: 13 October 2011
13:55:56 [cgueret_work]
hi there
13:56:08 [TinaGheen]
Zakim, This is T&S_GLDWG()
13:56:08 [Zakim]
ok, TinaGheen; that matches T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM
13:56:24 [George]
zakim, who is present?
13:56:24 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, George.
13:56:33 [TinaGheen]
Chair: George
13:56:36 [bhyland]
bhyland has joined #gld
13:56:43 [TinaGheen]
Scribe: TinaGheen
13:56:50 [Zakim]
+bhyland
13:56:51 [George]
Zakim, who is here?
13:56:51 [Zakim]
On the phone I see George, +1.703.292.aaaa, +1.757.604.aabb, ??P14, bhyland
13:56:53 [Zakim]
On IRC I see bhyland, cgueret_work, RRSAgent, Zakim, martinAlvarez, Gerald_, George, TinaGheen, MacTed, cygri, trackbot, sandro
13:56:56 [TinaGheen]
Agenda: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon2011.10.13
13:57:09 [Gerald_]
757 is me
13:57:23 [Zakim]
+??P21
13:57:26 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
13:57:30 [TinaGheen]
Zakim, aaaa is me
13:57:30 [Zakim]
+TinaGheen; got it
13:57:53 [BenediktKaempgen]
BenediktKaempgen has joined #gld
13:58:07 [Gerald_]
aabb is me
13:58:18 [BenediktKaempgen]
Hi. Benedikt Kaempgen is connected through Skype and cannot tell Zakim who he is.
13:58:22 [Gerald_]
zakim, aabb is me
13:58:23 [Zakim]
+Gerald_; got it
13:59:02 [olyerickson]
olyerickson has joined #gld
13:59:12 [olyerickson]
i'm here
14:00:15 [PhilA2]
PhilA2 has joined #gld
14:00:18 [olyerickson]
zakim, who is on the phone?
14:00:18 [Zakim]
On the phone I see George, TinaGheen, Gerald_, ??P14, bhyland, ??P21, [IPcaller]
14:00:31 [boris]
boris has joined #gld
14:00:35 [boris]
zakim, code?
14:00:35 [Zakim]
the conference code is 45394 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 sip:zakim@voip.w3.org), boris
14:00:44 [olyerickson]
zakim, ??P21 is olyerickson
14:00:45 [Zakim]
+olyerickson; got it
14:01:11 [TinaGheen]
Topic: Agenda from last week
14:01:24 [Zakim]
+boris
14:01:26 [Zakim]
+ +1.202.566.aacc
14:01:27 [TinaGheen]
George: Minutes from last week were generated
14:01:27 [Mike]
Mike has joined #gld
14:01:38 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller.a]
14:02:06 [Zakim]
+Cory
14:02:08 [Zakim]
+??P45
14:02:14 [bhyland]
Go to http://www.w3.org/2009/CommonScribe/panel/?group=gld&go=Use+This+Group
14:02:26 [PhilA2]
zakim, ??P45 is me
14:02:28 [martinAlvarez]
zakim, ??P45 is me
14:02:31 [Zakim]
+PhilA2; got it
14:02:33 [Zakim]
I already had ??P45 as PhilA2, martinAlvarez
14:02:33 [martinAlvarez]
:-)
14:02:45 [PhilA2]
zakim, ??P45 is martinAlvarez
14:02:46 [Zakim]
I already had ??P45 as PhilA2, PhilA2
14:02:47 [olyerickson]
I thought I did tooo
14:03:06 [Zakim]
-[IPcaller.a]
14:03:27 [olyerickson]
zakim, I am ??P14
14:03:30 [Zakim]
+olyerickson; got it
14:03:34 [Biplav]
Biplav has joined #gld
14:03:34 [TinaGheen]
George: minutes are uploaded
14:03:40 [Zakim]
+??P43
14:03:50 [PhilA2]
zakim, ??P43 is me
14:03:50 [Zakim]
+PhilA2; got it
14:03:53 [luisBermudez]
luisBermudez has joined #gld
14:03:54 [olyerickson]
zakim, ??P14 is olyerickson
14:03:54 [Zakim]
I already had ??P14 as olyerickson.a, olyerickson
14:04:08 [PhilA2]
zakim, who is here?
14:04:08 [Zakim]
On the phone I see George, TinaGheen, Gerald_, olyerickson.a, bhyland, olyerickson, [IPcaller], boris, +1.202.566.aacc, Cory, PhilA2, PhilA2.a
14:04:09 [TinaGheen]
PROPOSAL: Accept minutes of last meeting
14:04:11 [Zakim]
On IRC I see luisBermudez, Biplav, Mike, boris, PhilA2, olyerickson, BenediktKaempgen, bhyland, cgueret_work, RRSAgent, Zakim, martinAlvarez, Gerald_, George, TinaGheen, MacTed,
14:04:14 [BenediktKaempgen]
+1
14:04:15 [Zakim]
... cygri, trackbot, sandro
14:04:18 [cgueret_work]
+1
14:04:22 [boris]
+1
14:04:23 [olyerickson]
+1 to minutes
14:04:31 [TinaGheen]
RESOLUTION: Minutes of last meeting accepted
14:04:33 [martinAlvarez]
+1
14:04:34 [Zakim]
+ +1.267.481.aadd
14:04:36 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller.a]
14:04:44 [Cory-c_]
Cory-c_ has joined #GLD
14:05:02 [TinaGheen]
Topic: New Members this week?
14:05:04 [George]
q?
14:05:13 [bhyland]
zakim, who is speaking
14:05:13 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'who is speaking', bhyland
14:05:13 [olyerickson]
Thx @bhyland for solving the minutes problem!
14:05:24 [bhyland]
zakim, who is speaking now
14:05:24 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'who is speaking now', bhyland
14:05:42 [PhilA2]
zakim, who is making noise?
14:05:45 [TinaGheen]
Topic: Vocabulary Summary
14:05:54 [Zakim]
PhilA2, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: George (74%), bhyland (5%), Cory (5%), [IPcaller.a] (5%)
14:06:12 [TinaGheen]
George: discussed how GLD can use others work for best practices (DDI folks)
14:06:25 [TinaGheen]
... outlined 5 areas of standard vocab deliverables
14:06:27 [stasinos]
stasinos has joined #gld
14:06:34 [TinaGheen]
... any comments?
14:07:00 [TinaGheen]
... any updates on Actions?
14:07:01 [bhyland]
q+
14:07:01 [cgueret_work]
Action 10 can be closed
14:07:01 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - 10
14:07:13 [cgueret_work]
don't know how to do it :)
14:07:17 [olyerickson]
RE olyerickson's Actions --- nothing to report
14:07:35 [cgueret_work]
q+
14:07:40 [TinaGheen]
bhyland: updating cookbook
14:07:47 [rreck]
rreck has joined #gld
14:07:51 [TinaGheen]
... encourages people to start looking at it
14:07:56 [bhyland]
http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Linked_Data_Cookbook
14:08:01 [Zakim]
+??P60
14:08:13 [TinaGheen]
... have 300 accesses
14:08:14 [stasinos]
zakim, ??P60 is stasinos
14:08:14 [Zakim]
+stasinos; got it
14:08:23 [martinAlvarez]
zakim, who is in PhilA2?
14:08:23 [Zakim]
PhilA2 has only PhilA2
14:08:40 [martinAlvarez]
zakim, martin is in PhilA2
14:08:40 [Zakim]
+martin; got it
14:08:47 [TinaGheen]
... is a bit different in style than many W3 recommendations since it is a website with pragmatic advice
14:09:01 [TinaGheen]
... borrowed language off mobile web best practices
14:09:08 [bhyland]
STyled after the Mobile Web App Best Practices http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Linked_Data_Cookbook
14:09:09 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller.aa]
14:09:29 [rreck]
zakim, IPcaller.aa is me
14:09:29 [Zakim]
+rreck; got it
14:09:34 [PhilA2]
Mobile Web BP is at http://www.w3.org/TR/mobile-bp/ for reference
14:09:34 [rreck]
zakim, mute me
14:09:34 [Zakim]
rreck should now be muted
14:09:40 [George]
q?
14:09:40 [TinaGheen]
... please review and comment on it
14:09:55 [PhilA2]
ack by
14:10:02 [PhilA2]
ack bhyl
14:10:26 [PhilA2]
ack cg
14:10:36 [TinaGheen]
close action-10
14:10:37 [trackbot]
ACTION-10 Talk with Paul about provenance closed
14:11:12 [olyerickson]
@bhyland: one way to add comments in wikis is to add in alternate colors (e.g. RED etc)
14:11:32 [TinaGheen]
Topic: Vocabulary discussion with Phil Archer from W3 eGov on SEMIC.EU
14:11:47 [TinaGheen]
PhilA2: hello everyone
14:12:01 [TinaGheen]
... been around W3C for many years
14:12:05 [olyerickson]
@bhyland: for extended comments, adding text in e.g. a box is useful
14:12:10 [TinaGheen]
... work on eGov currently
14:12:19 [TinaGheen]
... and European Commission
14:12:37 [TinaGheen]
... speak to this group as a whole today
14:12:48 [TinaGheen]
... WG member in the future
14:12:51 [PhilA2]
http://www.semic.eu/semic/
14:13:26 [TinaGheen]
... Bacilio at DERI has taken over SEMIC
14:13:35 [TinaGheen]
... work on core vocabs
14:13:42 [stasinos]
Vasilios Peristeras
14:14:22 [stasinos]
you're welcome
14:14:28 [PhilA2]
http://www.semic.eu/semic/view/snav/network/Communities/ADMS.xhtml
14:14:29 [TinaGheen]
PhilA2: practical point is I can help out with vocab develop with GLD
14:14:39 [martinAlvarez]
s/Bacilio/Vasilios Peristeras
14:14:45 [George]
Phil to work with GLD and liaise with SEMIC ! Great!
14:14:50 [TinaGheen]
... ADMS Effort Description metadata schema
14:14:56 [bhyland]
zakim, who is making noise?
14:15:06 [Zakim]
bhyland, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: 16 (32%), bhyland (4%), [IPcaller.a] (20%)
14:15:06 [TinaGheen]
... all part of the same project
14:15:29 [bhyland]
zakim, who is on the call?
14:15:29 [Zakim]
On the phone I see George, TinaGheen, Gerald_, olyerickson.a, bhyland, olyerickson, [IPcaller], boris, +1.202.566.aacc, Cory, PhilA2, PhilA2.a, +1.267.481.aadd, [IPcaller.a],
14:15:33 [Zakim]
... stasinos, rreck (muted)
14:15:33 [Zakim]
PhilA2 has martin
14:15:36 [TinaGheen]
... my task is to write a doc that explains how to find vocab, set up working group
14:16:02 [TinaGheen]
... difference from GLD is in the final stage
14:16:25 [TinaGheen]
... in European context, reps of european union will be endorsing
14:16:43 [TinaGheen]
... member states of European Union will endorse the core vocab
14:16:59 [TinaGheen]
... data will be exchanged between states, these are the terms you should use
14:17:06 [TinaGheen]
... does not mean they are defining new terms
14:17:10 [Gerald_]
Mute is 41# correct?
14:17:22 [PhilA2]
http://www.semic.eu/semic/view/snav/Conformance.xhtml
14:17:26 [TinaGheen]
... must work on defining core person vocab
14:17:42 [TinaGheen]
.... timeline - must be done by Jan
14:18:07 [TinaGheen]
... so help is available to GLD in this respect
14:18:30 [TinaGheen]
PhilA2: also have 2 other vocabs to work on
14:18:46 [TinaGheen]
... his WG must decide which two they will work on
14:19:03 [TinaGheen]
... businesses? relationships b/w people? defining a piece of land?
14:19:35 [TinaGheen]
... immediate problem is identifying WG members w/o knowing which vocabs will be developed
14:19:51 [TinaGheen]
... EC is paying them to develop 3 vocabs
14:20:07 [TinaGheen]
... one will describe people, 2 more are unidentified areas at this time
14:20:22 [TinaGheen]
... hope to work with GLD, two way street
14:20:59 [George]
q?
14:21:02 [cgueret_work]
+q
14:21:29 [olyerickson]
Q: Given that much of the LD vocab prior art concerns describing people, wondering what the work of this new group will contribute?
14:21:37 [TinaGheen]
cgueret_work: you will redefine or reuse vocabularies?
14:21:42 [George]
ack cgueret_work
14:21:43 [stasinos]
q+
14:21:46 [TinaGheen]
PhilA2: not redefining
14:21:49 [TinaGheen]
... reusing
14:21:55 [olyerickson]
+1 to not re-inventing FOAF
14:22:04 [cgueret_work]
+1 too :)
14:22:28 [TinaGheen]
?: do you have cadidates for vocabularies you will be using
14:23:05 [TinaGheen]
PhilA2: accounts and payments, buildings, energy usage, health care inst, educational inst, contracts, procurement, transport infrastructure, vehicles
14:23:41 [bhyland]
q+
14:23:49 [TinaGheen]
PhilA2: hopes EC will say use ontologies everyone else has done
14:23:57 [George]
ack stasinos
14:24:02 [TinaGheen]
PhilA2: lots of good work already there
14:24:10 [TinaGheen]
... does not need to be reinvented
14:24:27 [TinaGheen]
bhyland: what is the timing on outcomes and deliverables
14:24:27 [Zakim]
+[IBM]
14:24:27 [George]
ack bhyland
14:24:55 [TinaGheen]
PhilA2: list of possible candidates to do? in an advanced draft stage. Sign off by commission possibly next week
14:25:27 [TinaGheen]
bhyland: how do we set up a members only list?
14:25:48 [PhilA2]
action PhilA2 to request member-only list
14:25:48 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - PhilA2
14:26:05 [PhilA2]
action Phil Archer to request member-only list
14:26:06 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-12 - Archer to request member-only list [on Phil Archer - due 2011-10-20].
14:26:30 [bhyland]
@PhilA2, will the list of vocab candidates be something we could fold into this? see http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Linked_Data_Cookbook#Re-use_Vocabularies_Whenever_Possible
14:27:04 [TinaGheen]
PhilA2: cautions against using member list too often
14:27:16 [TinaGheen]
... keep things public as much as possible
14:27:47 [George]
@PhilA2 - and those under consideration for GLD Deliverable 2.3
14:27:50 [TinaGheen]
bhyland: want to keep as many people involved as possible, more vibrant dialogue
14:28:52 [olyerickson]
+1 to opening up W3G LGD WG discussions; we need more discussions on the list!
14:28:58 [TinaGheen]
PhilA2: terms are context neutral, cross domain
14:29:21 [TinaGheen]
... do not want to do into great detail for every aspect of gov
14:29:26 [George]
'core' vocab terms
14:29:32 [George]
q?
14:30:08 [TinaGheen]
PhilA2: I need to set up a WG soon. Who would you invite?
14:30:26 [TinaGheen]
... would like to complement GLD, not duplicate
14:30:46 [TinaGheen]
... first decision will be which core vocabs will they work on
14:30:54 [TinaGheen]
... invitations will be coming
14:31:05 [George]
q+
14:31:05 [TinaGheen]
... want to make sure the invitations go to the right people
14:31:31 [PhilA2]
ack ge
14:31:34 [TinaGheen]
George: please elaborate on relationship b/w SEMIC and W3C
14:31:49 [cgueret_work]
+q
14:31:55 [olyerickson]
Hmmmmm
14:32:10 [George]
q?
14:32:34 [PhilA2]
ack cg
14:32:44 [TinaGheen]
cgueret_work: do you have plans to collaborate with schema.org
14:33:09 [TinaGheen]
PhilA2: don't have definite plans but are aware effect schema.org is having
14:34:04 [TinaGheen]
cgueret_work: can be potential members of your WG
14:34:35 [George]
q?
14:34:57 [Zakim]
-[IBM]
14:35:16 [cgueret_work]
@olyerickson yep, close enough :)
14:35:36 [olyerickson]
;)
14:36:13 [Gerald_]
nicks I believe
14:37:15 [TinaGheen]
George: is there some sort of mandate for using terms or is it recommendations?
14:37:38 [bhyland]
q+
14:37:46 [TinaGheen]
PhilA2: not legally binding, but this is the way you are meant to do it
14:38:12 [TinaGheen]
George: budgets will not be tied to compliance?
14:38:28 [olyerickson]
@PhilA2, looking forward to meeting you at TPAC
14:38:29 [TinaGheen]
PhilA2: no
14:38:49 [TinaGheen]
PhilA2: orgs will get more value from using the terms - that is the benefit
14:39:19 [olyerickson]
"Voluntary Consensus Standards..."
14:39:25 [George]
q?
14:39:28 [TinaGheen]
PhilA2: voluntary consensus is correct
14:39:30 [George]
ack bhyland
14:40:05 [TinaGheen]
bhyland: let's talk about how this became so important in EU
14:40:44 [TinaGheen]
PhilA2: Political transparency was important
14:41:00 [TinaGheen]
PhilA2: in Britain
14:41:56 [cgueret_work]
+1 for pub questions :)
14:42:20 [George]
+1 pub questions - and forgotten answers :)
14:42:30 [TinaGheen]
bhyland: real projects going on in US, but budgeting for egov initiatives is a problem
14:43:19 [TinaGheen]
PhilA2: City of Manchester has seen real financial savings because data is published and they know where to find it
14:43:39 [olyerickson]
q+
14:43:39 [cgueret_work]
+q
14:45:01 [olyerickson]
Zakim, that was me talkin'
14:45:01 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'that was me talkin'', olyerickson
14:45:15 [PhilA2]
ack ol
14:45:15 [TinaGheen]
olyerickson: evangelists on outside must meet with those inside to make decisions happen
14:45:22 [George]
ack olyerickson.a
14:45:28 [cgueret_work]
http://research.yahoo.com/Peter_Mika
14:45:32 [bhyland]
Peter Mika
14:45:32 [George]
ack cgueret_work
14:45:58 [TinaGheen]
George; Thank you, Phil
14:46:14 [olyerickson]
-1 to comments
14:46:35 [bhyland]
@PhilA2, thanks, very interesting & highly relevant. I hope this can be a fruitful liaison between EU and other countries.
14:47:06 [TinaGheen]
Topic: Facebook Open Graph Schemas
14:47:48 [TinaGheen]
George: does anyone have any thoughts on list message from Jesse Weaver @ RPI
14:47:49 [bhyland]
agenda+ Community Directory entries due by 17-Oct please!
14:48:16 [TinaGheen]
George: is there more interest?
14:48:55 [TinaGheen]
bhyland: have Sandro report on schema.org meeting in CA
14:49:31 [TinaGheen]
Topic: Community Directory
14:49:35 [PhilA2]
Just to note that Ivan Herman posted a summary of the schema.org event at http://www.w3.org/QA/2011/09/impressions_on_the_schemaorg_w.html
14:49:52 [TinaGheen]
bhyland: have gone through start up phase
14:50:04 [TinaGheen]
bhyland: Comm Dir can help all of us
14:50:26 [TinaGheen]
... can show what is in production
14:51:20 [PhilA2]
:-)
14:51:21 [cgueret_work]
:)
14:51:23 [olyerickson]
doh!
14:51:52 [TinaGheen]
bhyland: please access directory, let me know if there are issues
14:52:43 [TinaGheen]
... would like to take screenshot of statistics that show worldwide distribution
14:53:09 [TinaGheen]
... would like to show in Warsaw
14:53:19 [cgueret_work]
deadline to put info there?
14:53:51 [TinaGheen]
bhyland: all data will be available in RDF
14:54:17 [TinaGheen]
... please submit info by Tuesday
14:54:20 [PhilA2]
q+
14:54:35 [George]
ack PhilA2
14:54:49 [George]
ack PhilA
14:55:29 [TinaGheen]
Topic: Announcements
14:55:40 [TinaGheen]
George: any other announcements or agenda items?
14:55:49 [cgueret_work]
q+
14:56:10 [olyerickson]
-1 to additional agenda items at this time...
14:56:25 [olyerickson]
+1 to great scribing
14:56:31 [bhyland]
@TinaGheen, thank you, great job scribing :-)
14:57:00 [PhilA2]
rrsagent, make logs public
14:58:07 [TinaGheen]
George: meeting adjourned
14:58:24 [cgueret_work]
bye bye
14:58:28 [Zakim]
-Cory
14:58:29 [BenediktKaempgen]
bye
14:58:37 [Zakim]
-PhilA2
14:58:38 [Zakim]
-boris
14:58:38 [Zakim]
-bhyland
14:58:39 [Zakim]
-[IPcaller]
14:58:39 [Zakim]
- +1.202.566.aacc
14:58:41 [Zakim]
-olyerickson
14:58:41 [Gerald_]
I'll lurk to see the ending.
14:58:49 [martinAlvarez]
martinAlvarez has left #gld
14:58:51 [Zakim]
-[IPcaller.a]
14:58:52 [Zakim]
-stasinos
14:59:18 [TinaGheen]
RRSAgent, generate minutes
14:59:18 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/10/13-gld-minutes.html TinaGheen
15:03:18 [PhilA2]
PhilA2 has left #gld
15:03:45 [Zakim]
-PhilA2.a
15:03:49 [Zakim]
-TinaGheen
15:03:51 [Zakim]
-Gerald_
15:03:57 [Zakim]
-George
15:04:47 [Zakim]
-rreck
15:12:21 [Zakim]
- +1.267.481.aadd
15:35:01 [Zakim]
disconnecting the lone participant, olyerickson.a, in T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM
15:35:06 [Zakim]
T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM has ended
15:35:08 [Zakim]
Attendees were George, +1.703.292.aaaa, +1.757.604.aabb, bhyland, [IPcaller], TinaGheen, Gerald_, olyerickson, boris, +1.202.566.aacc, Cory, PhilA2, +1.267.481.aadd, stasinos,
15:35:11 [Zakim]
... martin, rreck, [IBM]
16:18:23 [MacTed]
MacTed has joined #gld
17:38:10 [olyerickson]
olyerickson has left #gld
18:53:19 [stasinos]
stasinos has left #gld