IRC log of xproc on 2011-10-06

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:58:53 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #xproc
13:58:53 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/10/06-xproc-irc
13:59:17 [Zakim]
XML_PMWG()10:00AM has now started
13:59:17 [Norm]
Meeting: XML Processing Model WG
13:59:17 [Norm]
Date: 6 October 2011
13:59:17 [Norm]
Agenda: http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2011/10/06-agenda
13:59:17 [Norm]
Meeting: 198
13:59:17 [Norm]
Chair: Norm
13:59:18 [Norm]
Scribe: Norm
13:59:20 [Norm]
ScribeNick: Norm
13:59:25 [Zakim]
+Norm
14:01:00 [Zakim]
+[ArborText]
14:01:09 [Zakim]
+Jeroen
14:01:22 [Vojtech]
zakim, jeroen is me
14:01:22 [Zakim]
+Vojtech; got it
14:02:06 [Norm]
Regrets: Henry, Mohamed
14:02:06 [Zakim]
+ +420.7.282.7.aaaa
14:02:13 [Norm]
zakim, aaaa is JimFuller
14:02:13 [Zakim]
+JimFuller; got it
14:02:37 [alexmilowski]
alexmilowski has joined #xproc
14:05:00 [Zakim]
+??P50
14:05:15 [Norm]
zakim, ?p50 is alexmilowski
14:05:15 [Zakim]
sorry, Norm, I do not recognize a party named '?p50'
14:05:20 [Norm]
zakim, p50 is alexmilowski
14:05:20 [Zakim]
sorry, Norm, I do not recognize a party named 'p50'
14:05:25 [Norm]
zakim, ??P50 is alexmilowski
14:05:25 [Zakim]
+alexmilowski; got it
14:05:31 [Norm]
zakim, who's here?
14:05:31 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Norm, PGrosso, Vojtech, JimFuller, alexmilowski
14:05:32 [Zakim]
On IRC I see alexmilowski, RRSAgent, Vojtech, JimFuller, Norm, Zakim, PGrosso, Liam, caribou
14:05:41 [Norm]
Present: Norm, Paul, Vojtech, Jim, Alex
14:06:02 [Norm]
Topic: Accept this agenda?
14:06:02 [Norm]
-> http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2011/10/06-agenda
14:06:04 [Norm]
Accepted.
14:06:08 [Norm]
Topic: Accept minutes from the previous meeting?
14:06:09 [Norm]
-> http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2011/07/21-minutes
14:06:14 [Norm]
Accepted.
14:06:26 [Norm]
Topic: Next meeting: telcon, 13 October 2011
14:06:40 [Norm]
Jim gives regrets.
14:06:49 [Norm]
Topic: Welcome back
14:07:04 [Norm]
Welcome back from summer vacation.
14:07:14 [Norm]
Topic: Technical plenary
14:07:30 [Norm]
Register and find accommodations!
14:08:16 [Norm]
Norm: I believe that Paul, Norm, Henry, Vojtech, Jim, and Alex will be at the f2f.
14:08:55 [Norm]
Norm: I propose we discuss the agenda today or next week for sure.
14:09:15 [Norm]
topic: Status update
14:09:39 [Norm]
Norm: I think there are only a few things open.
14:09:53 [Norm]
Norm: There are some actions on me: conformance section, the test suite license, etc.
14:10:04 [Norm]
Norm: There was a question about the doc('') function
14:10:12 [Norm]
Norm: And there's the processor profiles document
14:10:39 [JimFuller]
http://www.w3.org/XML/Processing/draft.html
14:11:16 [Norm]
Jim: I wrote a pipeline to keep the processing model page up to date.
14:11:18 [Norm]
Norm: Thank yo!
14:11:21 [Norm]
s/Yo/You/
14:11:29 [Norm]
s/yo/you/
14:12:09 [Norm]
topic: Processor profile next steps
14:13:45 [Norm]
Norm summarizes http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-processing-model-wg/2011Oct/0000.html
14:15:20 [JimFuller]
I like external declarations profile
14:15:37 [Norm]
Norm: Four profiles: basic, id, external declarations, and full
14:16:04 [Norm]
Norm proposes that we use those names in the next draft. Any objections?
14:16:09 [Norm]
Accepted.
14:16:44 [Norm]
Norm: Alex, you wanted to change the class names.
14:17:13 [Norm]
Alex: The name "B'" just bugs me. It's all about unparsed entities, so we could call it "U" or "S".
14:18:21 [Norm]
Norm: I think U might be confusing (with unparsed external entities). How about S
14:18:29 [Norm]
Alex: It doesn't really matter, it's just a label.
14:18:43 [Norm]
Norm: I propose we rename B' to S. Any objections?
14:18:50 [Norm]
Accepted.
14:18:58 [Norm]
Norm: We'll see if Henry objects when he's back.
14:19:44 [Norm]
Alex: I'd also like to change 4.2.3 to use something less confusing than "Entirely, for the same reason".
14:20:00 [Norm]
...I think we should use "per the case above" as the preceding section coes.
14:20:02 [Norm]
s/coes/does/
14:20:12 [Norm]
Norm: That works for me.
14:21:16 [Norm]
Vojtech: How about making the sections cumulative. So each builds on the previous.
14:21:23 [Norm]
Alex: This is purely editorial.
14:21:49 [Norm]
ACTION: Alex to work with Henry to resolve the editorial issue in 4.2.3.
14:22:21 [Norm]
Norm: I think that just leaves the last call comments.
14:23:13 [Norm]
Norm: Would anyone be willing to go through the last call comments and try to propose resolutions for them.?
14:23:18 [JimFuller]
I can have a go
14:23:19 [Norm]
Jim: I'll have a go.
14:25:17 [Norm]
topic: F2F agenda
14:25:30 [Norm]
Alex: What are we going to do about test cases.
14:26:06 [Norm]
Norm: I think we said that this is like the infoset and is a spec for other specs to use and consequently doesn't have it's own implementation.
14:26:18 [Norm]
Alex: Ok.
14:26:51 [Norm]
Norm: I think the most important task on our plate is getting the processor profiles document finished.
14:27:21 [Norm]
...I think we've had some interest in talking about V.next
14:28:10 [Norm]
Alex: I have some V.next things to send out
14:28:14 [Norm]
...I think we also need to do some marketing.
14:29:07 [Norm]
...Other WGs do all sorts of things to build a community, I think we should try to do the same thing.
14:29:17 [Norm]
Norm: I agree.
14:30:57 [Norm]
Jim: I think getting some pipelines out there for people to download and immediately use would help.
14:31:55 [Norm]
Norm: I added xproc.org/library to help publish pipelines.
14:32:29 [Norm]
Jim: XProc is verbose, but it's very reusable. Standard pipelines can really help move that along.
14:33:00 [Norm]
Jim: At the f2f, it would be nice to talk about how to make pipelines easier to distribute and use.
14:34:07 [Norm]
Norm: Anything else.
14:34:29 [Norm]
Norm: I'll try to have a draft agenda for the f2f ready by next week.
14:35:32 [Norm]
topic: Any other business
14:35:39 [Norm]
None heard. Adjourned.
14:35:49 [Zakim]
-JimFuller
14:35:50 [Zakim]
-Norm
14:35:50 [Zakim]
-Vojtech
14:35:52 [Zakim]
-PGrosso
14:35:54 [Zakim]
-alexmilowski
14:35:56 [Zakim]
XML_PMWG()10:00AM has ended
14:35:57 [Zakim]
Attendees were Norm, PGrosso, Vojtech, +420.7.282.7.aaaa, JimFuller, alexmilowski
14:35:57 [Norm]
rrsagent, set logs world visible
14:36:00 [Norm]
rrsagent, draft minutes
14:36:00 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/10/06-xproc-minutes.html Norm
14:36:34 [PGrosso]
PGrosso has left #xproc
16:14:57 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #xproc