IRC log of gld on 2011-10-06

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:28:53 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #gld
13:28:53 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/10/06-gld-irc
13:28:55 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
13:28:55 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #gld
13:28:57 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be EGOV_GLD
13:28:57 [Zakim]
I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled within the next hour, trackbot
13:28:58 [trackbot]
Meeting: Government Linked Data Working Group Teleconference
13:28:58 [trackbot]
Date: 06 October 2011
13:29:25 [olyerickson]
scribe: olyerickson
13:29:43 [olyerickson]
chair: george
13:29:59 [olyerickson]
agenda: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon2011.10.06
13:30:50 [olyerickson]
TOPIC: Pre-meeting chat...
13:33:31 [olyerickson]
Zakim, what's the code?
13:33:31 [Zakim]
sorry, olyerickson, I don't know what conference this is
13:34:16 [olyerickson]
zakim, this is GLDWG
13:34:16 [Zakim]
olyerickson, I see T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM in the schedule but not yet started. Perhaps you mean "this will be GLDWG".
13:35:08 [olyerickson]
Zakim, this will be GLDWG
13:35:08 [Zakim]
ok, olyerickson; I see T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM scheduled to start in 25 minutes
13:35:23 [olyerickson]
Zakim, thank you
13:35:23 [Zakim]
you are very welcome, olyerickson
13:35:52 [olyerickson]
Zakim, do you have any easter eggs?
13:35:52 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, olyerickson.
13:36:02 [olyerickson]
Zakim, I'm sorry
13:36:02 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'I'm sorry', olyerickson
13:51:06 [olyerickson]
Zakim, who is here?
13:51:06 [Zakim]
T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM has not yet started, olyerickson
13:51:08 [Zakim]
On IRC I see RRSAgent, olyerickson, MacTed, csarven, cygri, bhyland, danbri, trackbot, sandro
13:53:39 [HadleyBeeman]
HadleyBeeman has joined #gld
13:55:58 [Zakim]
T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM has now started
13:55:59 [Zakim]
+??P3
13:56:16 [Zakim]
+George_Thomas
13:56:17 [Zakim]
-George_Thomas
13:56:17 [Zakim]
+George_Thomas
13:56:54 [olyerickson]
i'll dial in arrgghhhh
13:57:01 [bkaempgen]
bkaempgen has joined #gld
13:57:19 [George]
George has joined #gld
13:57:26 [stasinos]
stasinos has joined #gld
13:58:09 [ZacharyWhitley]
ZacharyWhitley has joined #gld
13:58:21 [Zakim]
+ +1.802.649.aaaa
13:58:33 [BartvanLeeuwen]
BartvanLeeuwen has joined #gld
13:58:35 [olyerickson]
zakim, +1.802.649.aaaa is olyerickson
13:58:35 [Zakim]
+ +49.721.aabb
13:58:35 [Zakim]
+olyerickson; got it
13:58:41 [MikePendleton]
MikePendleton has joined #gld
13:58:41 [Zakim]
+ +1.240.228.aacc
13:58:50 [boris]
boris has joined #gld
13:58:55 [bkaempgen]
zakim, who's here?
13:58:56 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ??P3, George_Thomas, olyerickson, +49.721.aabb, +1.240.228.aacc
13:58:58 [Zakim]
On IRC I see boris, MikePendleton, BartvanLeeuwen, ZacharyWhitley, stasinos, George, bkaempgen, HadleyBeeman, Zakim, RRSAgent, olyerickson, MacTed, cygri, bhyland, danbri,
13:59:03 [Zakim]
... trackbot, sandro
13:59:07 [Zakim]
+davidwood
13:59:21 [Zakim]
+Sandro
13:59:21 [sandro]
RRSAgent, pointer?
13:59:21 [RRSAgent]
See http://www.w3.org/2011/10/06-gld-irc#T13-59-21-1
13:59:28 [bhyland]
zakim, davidwood is me
13:59:29 [Zakim]
+boris
13:59:35 [Zakim]
+bhyland; got it
13:59:35 [bkaempgen]
zakim, aabb is bkaempgen
13:59:41 [Zakim]
+bkaempgen; got it
13:59:41 [ZacharyWhitley]
zakim, aacc is me
13:59:45 [Zakim]
+??P17
13:59:51 [Zakim]
+ZacharyWhitley; got it
13:59:52 [bhyland]
zakim, who is speaking?
14:00:05 [stasinos]
Zakim, P17 is stasinos
14:00:15 [Zakim]
bhyland, listening for 10 seconds I could not identify any sounds
14:00:19 [Zakim]
sorry, stasinos, I do not recognize a party named 'P17'
14:00:22 [sandro]
sandro has changed the topic to: Government Linked Data (GLD) WG -- http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/ -- Agenda: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon2011.10.06
14:00:27 [stasinos]
zakim, ??P17 is stasinos
14:00:36 [Zakim]
+stasinos; got it
14:00:37 [Zakim]
+ +1.202.566.aadd
14:00:39 [Zakim]
+??P19
14:00:50 [BartvanLeeuwen]
Zakim, ??p19 is me
14:00:51 [Zakim]
+BartvanLeeuwen; got it
14:01:01 [cygri_]
cygri_ has joined #gld
14:01:22 [Yigal]
Yigal has joined #gld
14:01:23 [Zakim]
+ +91.80.49.06.aaee
14:01:32 [Zakim]
+ +44.776.871.aaff
14:01:35 [MikePendleton]
zakim, qw3 is me
14:01:35 [Zakim]
sorry, MikePendleton, I do not recognize a party named 'qw3'
14:01:48 [Zakim]
+ +1.757.604.aagg
14:01:52 [George]
George has joined #gld
14:01:52 [HadleyBeeman]
zakim, aaff is me
14:01:52 [Zakim]
+HadleyBeeman; got it
14:01:55 [HadleyBeeman]
zakim, mute me
14:01:55 [Zakim]
HadleyBeeman should now be muted
14:02:05 [Zakim]
+ +1.703.362.aahh
14:02:28 [olyerickson]
TOPIC: Chair ha started the meeting
14:02:59 [olyerickson]
TOPIC: New Members Introduction
14:03:04 [GeraldSteeman]
GeraldSteeman has joined #gld
14:03:04 [bhyland]
For new participants, welcome. Please see http://www.w3.org/2000/09/dbwg/details?group=47663 to connect names, faces and affiliations.
14:03:12 [stasinos]
q+
14:03:21 [olyerickson]
?? from IBM Research (India)
14:03:40 [bhyland]
That is Biplav Srivastava, IBM Corp.
14:04:05 [gatemezi]
gatemezi has joined #gld
14:04:18 [Zakim]
+ +1.323.683.aaii
14:04:19 [stasinos]
Stasinos Konstantopoulos
14:04:24 [stasinos]
NCSR "Demokritos"
14:04:33 [Zakim]
+cygri_
14:04:35 [gatemezi]
hi all
14:04:37 [Yigal]
zakim, +1.323.6833.aaii is me
14:04:37 [Zakim]
sorry, Yigal, I do not recognize a party named '+1.323.6833.aaii'
14:04:40 [HadleyBeeman]
zakim, who's talking?
14:04:46 [cygri]
zakim, cygri_ is me
14:04:46 [Zakim]
+cygri; got it
14:04:47 [George]
q?
14:04:51 [Zakim]
HadleyBeeman, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: 17 (20%), +1.757.604.aagg (28%), George_Thomas (34%), boris (3%)
14:04:52 [gatemezi]
Zakim, who is here?
14:04:53 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ??P3, George_Thomas, olyerickson, bkaempgen, ZacharyWhitley, bhyland, Sandro, boris, stasinos, +1.202.566.aadd, BartvanLeeuwen, +91.80.49.06.aaee, HadleyBeeman
14:04:58 [Zakim]
... (muted), +1.757.604.aagg, +1.703.362.aahh, +1.323.683.aaii, cygri
14:05:02 [Zakim]
On IRC I see gatemezi, GeraldSteeman, George, Yigal, cygri, boris, MikePendleton, BartvanLeeuwen, ZacharyWhitley, stasinos, bkaempgen, HadleyBeeman, Zakim, RRSAgent, olyerickson,
14:05:04 [Zakim]
... MacTed, bhyland, danbri, trackbot, sandro
14:05:11 [olyerickson]
stasinos -> background in formal semantics
14:05:26 [bhyland]
I encourage all new participants to update the Participants page so we correctly reflect your name in the minutes :-) http://www.w3.org/2000/09/dbwg/details?group=47663
14:06:02 [olyerickson]
Note to all members: please update your W3C profile photos for upcoming f2f meetings
14:06:14 [Zakim]
+??P53
14:06:14 [olyerickson]
TOPIC: Review of 9-29-2011 minutes
14:06:19 [Zakim]
- +1.703.362.aahh
14:06:22 [George]
http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2011-09-29
14:06:33 [Zakim]
+ +1.703.362.aajj
14:06:36 [stasinos]
+1
14:06:43 [olyerickson]
Proposed: Accept mintes
14:06:46 [bhyland]
If for any reason you aren't on the page (which is updated by W3C staff), please email GLD Chairs <team-gld-chairs@w3.org> which reaches Sandro Hawke (W3C), George and me (the co-chairs). TIA.
14:06:55 [Yigal]
+1
14:06:58 [olyerickson]
+1
14:07:06 [Zakim]
+??P55
14:07:15 [gatemezi]
+1
14:07:18 [olyerickson]
Accept Minutes (no objections)
14:07:37 [Yigal]
zakim, aaii is me
14:07:37 [Zakim]
+Yigal; got it
14:07:41 [olyerickson]
TOPIC: Review of Charter Deliverables
14:07:55 [olyerickson]
SUBTOPIC: Community Directory (bhyland)
14:07:55 [annew]
annew has joined #gld
14:08:27 [Zakim]
- +1.703.362.aajj
14:08:32 [olyerickson]
* w3c membership not required to add info
14:08:38 [Biplav]
Biplav has joined #gld
14:08:42 [olyerickson]
* commDir app in "beta"
14:08:52 [HadleyBeeman]
zakin, who is talking?
14:08:54 [George_]
George_ has joined #GLD
14:09:01 [John]
John has joined #gld
14:09:08 [olyerickson]
* login req'd; contact 3roundstones via link to get access
14:09:13 [bhyland]
directory.3roundstones.net
14:09:36 [George_]
q?
14:09:43 [olyerickson]
* contact bhyland if clarification of interface req'd
14:09:43 [George_]
ack stasinos
14:09:49 [Zakim]
+ +1.703.362.aakk
14:10:02 [sandro]
q+
14:10:06 [olyerickson]
* please use it and provide feedback
14:10:23 [olyerickson]
* release of this beta marks delivery of 1st deliverable
14:10:29 [sandro]
q?
14:10:59 [BartvanLeeuwen]
+1
14:11:17 [Zakim]
- +1.703.362.aakk
14:11:21 [olyerickson]
* sandro suggests, opening it up to everyone in group. +1 from bhyland
14:12:03 [olyerickson]
* gt: effort to 'converge' eGov and GLD effort
14:12:09 [bhyland]
The only organizations who *have* added their info are: DERI, Mondeca, OEG, Ontotext, TopQuadrant, US EPA and US HHS … there are about 34 more organizations in this working group. I'll send login details to members by the end of the week per Sandro's suggestion.
14:12:48 [bhyland]
Make that 31 other orgs in the WG.
14:13:20 [olyerickson]
SUBTOPIC: Best Practices Discussion
14:13:50 [olyerickson]
bhyland: lots of people, Michael has been busy (RD2RDF)
14:13:54 [olyerickson]
q+
14:14:22 [olyerickson]
bhyland has action item to talk to john goodwin
14:14:35 [olyerickson]
SUBTOPIC: Tracker's items
14:14:46 [olyerickson]
Action 10
14:14:46 [trackbot]
Sorry, bad ACTION syntax
14:14:46 [sandro]
action-10?
14:14:46 [trackbot]
ACTION-10 -- Christophe Gueret to talk with Paul about provenance -- due 2011-09-29 -- OPEN
14:14:46 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/actions/10
14:15:08 [olyerickson]
Action-9?
14:15:08 [trackbot]
ACTION-9 -- John Erickson to plug in "seed" content re: pragmatic provenance into the Best Practices wiki -- due 2011-09-29 -- OPEN
14:15:08 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/actions/9
14:15:55 [bhyland]
Correction: Michael Hausenblas has been busy on R2RML and Direct Mapping which published as Last Call, http://www.w3.org/blog/SW/2011/09/20/last-call-r2rml-and-a-direct-mapping-of-relational-data-to-rdf/
14:15:55 [bhyland]
Congrats to Michael for that work … so he got a "pass" on GLD WG Best Practices work (so what is my excuse?!)
14:16:03 [olyerickson]
olyerickson has not done anything on Action-9
14:16:26 [MacTed]
MacTed has joined #gld
14:16:51 [olyerickson]
George's Action...
14:17:03 [George_]
q?
14:17:04 [olyerickson]
TOPIC: Charter Item 2.3 (George)
14:17:07 [olyerickson]
q-
14:17:13 [George_]
ack sandro
14:17:13 [sandro]
q-
14:17:30 [bhyland]
Subtopic: Community Directory, main page is here, http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Community_Directory_Discussion_Summary
14:18:03 [olyerickson]
TOPIC: Standard Vocabulary Discussion
14:18:08 [bhyland]
http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Vocabulary_Discussion_Summary
14:18:26 [bhyland]
zakim, who is on call?
14:18:26 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, bhyland.
14:18:37 [Zakim]
+ +1.703.362.aall
14:18:41 [olyerickson]
zakim, who is on THE call?
14:18:41 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ??P3, George_Thomas, olyerickson, bkaempgen, ZacharyWhitley, bhyland, Sandro, boris, stasinos, +1.202.566.aadd, BartvanLeeuwen, +91.80.49.06.aaee, HadleyBeeman
14:18:44 [Zakim]
... (muted), +1.757.604.aagg, Yigal, cygri, ??P53, ??P55, +1.703.362.aall
14:18:49 [cgueret_home]
cgueret_home has joined #gld
14:18:52 [cgueret_home]
hi
14:19:12 [olyerickson]
cygri: skos extensions and DDI (??) discussion
14:19:18 [George_]
http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/ISO_Extensions_to_SKOS
14:19:35 [olyerickson]
* DDI -> std used in social sciences etc for data collection
14:19:51 [olyerickson]
* how to represent classfications systems in RDF
14:20:16 [olyerickson]
* some concerns re: expressivity of SKOS
14:20:44 [ZacharyWhitley]
DDI = Data Documentation Initiative
14:21:15 [olyerickson]
* example: some specification systems require multiple "levels" : sectors, sub-sectors, etc; other similar examples
14:21:37 [olyerickson]
* group looked at properties/classes that could me added to skos to capure this info
14:22:00 [olyerickson]
* group came up with small number of things that, if added, would allow SKOS to capture a large number of things
14:22:00 [George_]
http://www.ddialliance.org/
14:22:09 [George_]
http://www.iso.org/iso/catalogue_detail.htm?csnumber=20057
14:22:58 [George_]
the turtle file is visible here - http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/ISO_Extensions_to_SKOS
14:23:02 [olyerickson]
* created: short report, TTL file with extensions (not published), currently email discussions on how to proceed
14:23:36 [olyerickson]
* effect would be: publishers and maintainers of high-end classification systems would be willing to publish in RDF
14:23:41 [bkaempgen]
+q
14:23:51 [HadleyBeeman]
HadleyBeeman has joined #gld
14:24:15 [George_]
q?
14:24:38 [George_]
ack bkaempgen
14:25:07 [olyerickson]
george -> actual proposed TTL is above ("ISO_Extensions...")
14:25:26 [olyerickson]
Q: What list is discussionon A: it's currently "private"
14:26:02 [George_]
q?
14:26:11 [olyerickson]
?? is working with MS student on related problem, would be useful to participate
14:26:24 [bhyland]
q+
14:26:45 [olyerickson]
??+1 notes that some of this discussion will be happening on "Open Gov Vocab Mailing List"
14:27:34 [olyerickson]
?? is Benedict (nick???)
14:27:46 [olyerickson]
??+1 is Cory (nick????)
14:27:48 [bhyland]
NB: The Open Gov Vocab mailing list of which you speak is a US only effort. I encourage broadening to the GLD WG if appropriate.
14:27:59 [bhyland]
zakim, who is on call?
14:27:59 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, bhyland.
14:28:06 [bhyland]
zakim, who is on THE call?
14:28:06 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ??P3, George_Thomas, olyerickson, bkaempgen, ZacharyWhitley, bhyland, Sandro, boris, stasinos, +1.202.566.aadd, BartvanLeeuwen, +91.80.49.06.aaee, HadleyBeeman
14:28:10 [Zakim]
... (muted), +1.757.604.aagg, Yigal, cygri, ??P53, ??P55, +1.703.362.aall
14:28:20 [George_]
q?
14:28:20 [bkaempgen]
bkaempgen is Benedikt
14:28:43 [bkaempgen]
+q
14:28:56 [olyerickson]
cygri: concern, will cuirrent ad hoc discussion participants need to sign up to a particular list?
14:28:58 [bhyland]
Would the caller from Washington DC (aadd) and country code +91 please tell zakim who you are. TIA
14:29:04 [olyerickson]
* protecting inb0xes
14:29:15 [bhyland]
q-
14:29:26 [bkaempgen]
maybe discuss on publishing-statistical-data@googlegroups.com ?
14:29:51 [Biplav]
+91 => Biplav (India's country code); Sorry for slippery fingers with RC chat software.
14:29:54 [olyerickson]
cygri: Q: how to delineate between "GLD WG stuff" and other stuff
14:30:21 [bhyland]
zakim, aaee is biplav
14:30:21 [Zakim]
+biplav; got it
14:30:26 [bkaempgen]
q-
14:30:32 [olyerickson]
Suggestion: Use Usenet principles: if it becomes noise, create a new list...
14:31:04 [olyerickson]
Could the people having the party please mute???
14:31:14 [olyerickson]
George: look at "vacbulary page"
14:31:17 [bhyland]
zakim,, who is speaking?
14:31:17 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, bhyland.
14:31:23 [bhyland]
zakim, who is speaking?
14:31:33 [olyerickson]
* what is the "list of things" that should be on the vocab list
14:31:34 [Zakim]
bhyland, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: George_Thomas (93%), olyerickson (52%), ??P53 (23%)
14:31:54 [olyerickson]
POINT OF ORDER: George,are you looking ast a page?
14:32:27 [olyerickson]
George is looking at: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Vocabulary_Discussion_Summary
14:32:28 [boris]
http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Vocabulary_Discussion_Summary
14:32:29 [bhyland]
We are talking about http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Vocabulary_Discussion_Summary
14:32:46 [George_]
q?
14:33:00 [BartvanLeeuwen]
+q
14:33:35 [olyerickson]
Volunteers to discuss Vocabs on http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Vocabulary_Discussion_Summary
14:34:26 [olyerickson]
Q (bhyland): How to add?
14:34:45 [George_]
q?
14:34:48 [olyerickson]
A (George): Now, edit via wiki (for now)
14:34:58 [olyerickson]
-1 to spec writing tools
14:35:15 [olyerickson]
hg is an epic fail in certain other WGs
14:35:35 [olyerickson]
1 to Wiki unil we have issues
14:35:52 [olyerickson]
;)
14:35:59 [Biplav]
I have a question - is "data retention" terms relevant for Vocabularies? Tax data, health records.
14:36:23 [olyerickson]
Missing from current list of Vocab: Provenance...
14:36:37 [olyerickson]
zakim, who is speaking?
14:36:47 [Zakim]
olyerickson, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: George_Thomas (4%), BartvanLeeuwen (65%), ??P53 (44%)
14:37:07 [olyerickson]
BartvanLeeuwen: how to express events in tiome
14:37:32 [olyerickson]
BartvanLeeuwen will edit wiki himself
14:37:45 [John]
happy to update GeoSpatial section
14:37:50 [George_]
q?
14:37:52 [olyerickson]
Others in WG should edit wiki, add vocabs they think are "important"
14:37:54 [BartvanLeeuwen]
q-
14:38:04 [olyerickson]
olyerickson will add Prov-related
14:38:15 [cygri]
q+
14:38:27 [Zakim]
+bkaempgen.a
14:38:56 [olyerickson]
Top-level link to W3C "PROV" WG http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/wiki/Main_Page
14:39:21 [olyerickson]
cygri: Look at (our) charter, it is pretty clear on what is expected
14:39:57 [olyerickson]
* Minimum: look at each area, make sure we're "covered" by existing vocab work (or not)
14:40:52 [bhyland]
+1 to cygri's understanding of what the WG charter suggests vis a vis vocabs. Keep it simple but useful IMO.
14:41:00 [olyerickson]
* In areas where there currently aren't W3C or other vocabs in use, make recommendations or highlight the concern
14:41:04 [sandro]
q+
14:41:12 [boris]
+1 to cygri
14:41:52 [olyerickson]
george: GLD Vocab "Summary" page is laid out based on Charter requirements
14:42:06 [sandro]
q-
14:42:11 [cygri]
ack me
14:42:21 [olyerickson]
george: Q: If something is NOT in charter, is it then out of scope?
14:42:31 [Zakim]
-??P53
14:42:33 [Biplav]
q+
14:42:42 [olyerickson]
sandro: Chairs can determine/adjust scope but...
14:42:57 [olyerickson]
sandro: RE "recommendations," cannot exceed charter
14:43:27 [cgueret_home]
cgueret_home has joined #gld
14:43:41 [olyerickson]
sandro: "cookbook" vs "recommendation"
14:43:51 [olyerickson]
george: Status of Cookbook?
14:44:05 [George_]
q?
14:44:14 [sandro]
sandro: we can put advice about anything in the cookbook, but for full-force standards (W3C Recommendations) we need to stick to the charter.
14:44:15 [olyerickson]
bhyland/boris/michael: Cookbook Status
14:45:11 [olyerickson]
bhyland: "seed material" is material from LGD book (SPringer, in press)
14:45:16 [BartvanLeeuwen]
+q
14:45:38 [olyerickson]
* in cookbook, approx. 15 vocabs req'd for use in gov't
14:46:12 [olyerickson]
bhyland: to add vocab in "cookbook" to wiki
14:46:42 [olyerickson]
Action: bhyland to add vocab in "cookbook" to wiki
14:46:43 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-11 - Add vocab in "cookbook" to wiki [on Bernadette Hyland - due 2011-10-13].
14:46:58 [olyerickson]
zakim, you are awesome
14:46:58 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'you are awesome', olyerickson
14:47:11 [olyerickson]
?? Q; private/public participation
14:47:20 [GeraldSteeman]
There are US govt challenges
14:47:26 [olyerickson]
* in/out of charter
14:48:04 [olyerickson]
?? is "Biplav Srivastava"
14:48:13 [cygri]
q+
14:48:17 [HadleyBeeman]
HadleyBeeman has joined #gld
14:48:41 [cygri]
Biplav, charter is here: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/charter
14:48:46 [sandro]
I can imagine this (incentives) COULD be a kind of strategy listed in the Directory....
14:49:04 [GeraldSteeman]
http://www.nasa.gov/topics/technology/centennial/index.html as an aero challenge
14:49:04 [bhyland]
ACTION-11 is for bhyland to add content for all "7 steps" including vocabulary summary for government.
14:49:06 [cygri]
q-
14:49:12 [George_]
ack Biplav
14:49:31 [George_]
ack http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/ISO_Extensions_to_SKOS
14:49:34 [olyerickson]
Bart: Q: Participating in Linked Data Cookbook effort; no clue how to contribute
14:49:42 [BartvanLeeuwen]
-q
14:49:46 [olyerickson]
george: talk to bhyland
14:50:10 [olyerickson]
bhyland is "yeast" for thecookbook (who's the sugar?)
14:50:47 [olyerickson]
george: In the context of the "Five Areas", is there anything obviously missing that needs to be dded
14:50:58 [sandro]
q+
14:51:03 [cygri]
q+
14:51:05 [olyerickson]
* for example: Vcard? FOAF?
14:51:13 [George_]
q?
14:51:45 [olyerickson]
Cory (??): Fundamental units?
14:51:46 [bhyland]
TOPIC: Cookbook - I agree to get the cookbook "starter yeast" put on wiki by Monday next week. The content I've prepared is peer-reviewed and may help to get the cookbook rolling in ernest.
14:51:53 [gatemezi]
Maybe also legislation?
14:52:06 [olyerickson]
Sandro: units are out-of-scope
14:52:15 [sandro]
http://schema.org/Person
14:52:26 [sandro]
(another option)
14:52:30 [olyerickson]
Sandro: Another contender is Schema.org (see above)
14:52:33 [HadleyBeeman]
HadleyBeeman has joined #gld
14:52:39 [bhyland]
q+
14:53:06 [sandro]
q-
14:53:18 [olyerickson]
There's a difference between "practical" vs "technically possible" ...
14:53:35 [olyerickson]
cygri: Don't forget about DCMI
14:53:41 [George_]
out of scope - licensing, units, time - possible cookbook topics?
14:53:49 [bkaempgen]
q+
14:53:52 [George_]
q?
14:53:52 [olyerickson]
+1 to DCMI (shoudk be a default)
14:53:58 [GeraldSteeman]
+1 DCMI
14:53:58 [cygri]
ack me
14:53:59 [George_]
ack cygri
14:54:06 [George_]
ack bhyland
14:54:54 [olyerickson]
bhyland: suggest all in common use with guidance, esp. w.r.t. in'l requirements
14:55:12 [olyerickson]
q+
14:55:47 [olyerickson]
bkaempgen: Are specific use cases required?
14:56:08 [cygri]
bkaempgen++
14:56:36 [gatemezi]
zakim, who is speaking?
14:56:36 [George_]
q?
14:56:43 [BartvanLeeuwen]
+1 for use cases
14:56:47 [Zakim]
gatemezi, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: +1.757.604.aagg (43%), George_Thomas (14%), olyerickson (52%), boris (20%)
14:57:45 [cygri]
q+
14:57:53 [gatemezi]
Q: is it a way to check "w3c good standing work?
14:58:52 [cygri]
q-
14:58:57 [George_]
q?
14:59:03 [cygri]
100% agree with George
14:59:53 [George_]
q?
15:00:12 [olyerickson]
George: GLD can "collect" potentially useful vocabs
15:00:13 [bhyland]
George: Would like to see the Vocabulary deliverables specify clear guidance for the 4 sub-deliverables so gov't has clear guidelines (to reduce ambiguity).
15:00:21 [olyerickson]
TOPIC: Out of time...
15:00:33 [bhyland]
zakim, who is on call?
15:00:38 [olyerickson]
Scribe_next_week Tina
15:00:52 [olyerickson]
Upcoming Events:
15:00:59 [olyerickson]
* TPAC
15:01:00 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, bhyland.
15:01:11 [bhyland]
arg!
15:01:13 [HadleyBeeman]
I'd be happy to see whoever is coming to TPAC… Let me know if you'll be there!
15:01:16 [bhyland]
zakim, who is on THE call?
15:01:21 [George_]
q?
15:01:33 [John]
apologies for next 3 weeks
15:01:35 [olyerickson]
Meeting is adjourned: 11a
15:01:39 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ??P3, George_Thomas, olyerickson, bkaempgen, ZacharyWhitley, bhyland, Sandro, boris, stasinos, +1.202.566.aadd, BartvanLeeuwen, biplav, HadleyBeeman (muted),
15:01:45 [Zakim]
... +1.757.604.aagg, Yigal, cygri, ??P55, +1.703.362.aall, bkaempgen.a
15:01:45 [HadleyBeeman]
Thanks, George!
15:01:51 [Zakim]
- +1.202.566.aadd
15:01:55 [Yigal]
Yigal has left #gld
15:01:59 [Zakim]
-Sandro
15:02:01 [BartvanLeeuwen]
thx george
15:02:02 [Zakim]
-cygri
15:02:05 [Zakim]
-Yigal
15:02:11 [Zakim]
-bhyland
15:02:14 [Zakim]
-ZacharyWhitley
15:02:17 [GeraldSteeman]
I'm alt for next week, so I'll stay on the line.
15:02:20 [Zakim]
-boris
15:02:21 [Zakim]
-HadleyBeeman
15:02:26 [Zakim]
-bkaempgen.a
15:02:27 [George_]
RRSAgent, set logs world-visible
15:02:27 [Zakim]
-??P55
15:02:36 [Zakim]
-BartvanLeeuwen
15:02:38 [Zakim]
- +1.703.362.aall
15:02:41 [George_]
RRSAgent, make minutes
15:02:41 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/10/06-gld-minutes.html George_
15:02:52 [Zakim]
-stasinos
15:03:01 [Zakim]
-biplav
15:03:57 [George_]
http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2011-10-06
15:03:57 [olyerickson]
http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2011-10-06
15:04:19 [George_]
http://www.w3.org/2011/10/06-gld-minutes.html
15:06:18 [GeraldSteeman]
What does trackbot do?
15:06:53 [olyerickson]
sandro
15:07:10 [olyerickson]
Sandro, the attendees are not listed in the auto-generated minites
15:08:40 [George_]
George_ has left #GLD
15:08:41 [Zakim]
-olyerickson
15:08:44 [Zakim]
-George_Thomas
15:11:57 [cygri]
cygri has joined #gld
15:17:15 [sandro]
Zakim, list attendees
15:17:15 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been George_Thomas, +49.721.aabb, olyerickson, +1.240.228.aacc, Sandro, boris, bhyland, bkaempgen, ZacharyWhitley, stasinos, +1.202.566.aadd,
15:17:19 [Zakim]
... BartvanLeeuwen, +91.80.49.06.aaee, +44.776.871.aaff, +1.757.604.aagg, HadleyBeeman, +1.703.362.aahh, +1.323.683.aaii, cygri, +1.703.362.aajj, Yigal, +1.703.362.aakk,
15:17:25 [Zakim]
... +1.703.362.aall, biplav
15:18:26 [sandro]
olyerickson, what scribe procedure are you following....?
15:19:05 [sandro]
(it doesn't like you're using commonscribe...)
15:19:32 [sandro]
ie http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Chatlog_2011-10-06
15:27:33 [Zakim]
- +1.757.604.aagg
16:00:40 [MacTed]
MacTed has joined #gld
16:27:18 [MacTed]
MacTed has joined #gld
16:42:48 [Zakim]
-bkaempgen
16:47:48 [Zakim]
disconnecting the lone participant, ??P3, in T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM
16:47:52 [Zakim]
T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM has ended
16:47:55 [Zakim]
Attendees were George_Thomas, +49.721.aabb, olyerickson, +1.240.228.aacc, Sandro, boris, bhyland, bkaempgen, ZacharyWhitley, stasinos, +1.202.566.aadd, BartvanLeeuwen,
16:47:58 [Zakim]
... +91.80.49.06.aaee, +44.776.871.aaff, +1.757.604.aagg, HadleyBeeman, +1.703.362.aahh, +1.323.683.aaii, cygri, +1.703.362.aajj, Yigal, +1.703.362.aakk, +1.703.362.aall, biplav
17:45:21 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #gld
19:08:04 [olyerickson]
olyerickson has left #gld
20:44:35 [bhyland]
bhyland has joined #gld
20:47:09 [cygri_]
cygri_ has joined #gld
21:29:02 [cygri]
cygri has joined #gld
23:00:31 [bhyland]
bhyland has joined #gld