IRC log of css on 2011-10-05

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:34:39 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #css
15:34:39 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/10/05-css-irc
15:34:44 [glazou]
Zakim, this will be Style
15:34:44 [Zakim]
ok, glazou; I see Style_CSS FP()12:00PM scheduled to start in 26 minutes
15:34:48 [glazou]
RRSAgent, make logs public
15:39:41 [glazou]
sigh
15:39:43 [glazou]
thanks mollydotcom
15:39:52 [glazou]
I already have a cup of hot tea in front of me
15:39:58 [glazou]
right next to the pills :(
15:41:16 [mollydotcom]
I had something similar that lasted nearly 3 weeks. FINALLY over it now. You should be resting! It looks like most of the group is full of regrets today
15:42:41 [glazou]
yeah, we'll see
15:42:44 [glazou]
could be a short call
15:44:31 [ChrisL]
zakim, make hot tea for everyone :)
15:44:31 [Zakim]
I'm glad that smiley is there, ChrisL
15:44:54 [glazou]
eh
15:44:56 [glazou]
thanks ChrisL
15:45:50 [glazou]
g'ah
15:45:54 [mollydotcom]
lol
15:46:02 [glazou]
just the idea of drinking a _cold_ drink makes me faint
15:46:13 [ChrisL]
southern us thing. sweet or unsweet?
15:46:32 [mollydotcom]
US thing at large. Unsweet (not southern)
15:46:41 [glazou]
eh
15:47:02 [mollydotcom]
sweet tea is mostly found in the south, whereas the rest of us drink it on the rocks
15:47:09 [glazou]
last february when I was in the US, it was 17°C outside ; my hotel had air conditioning ON and it was set at 17°C...
15:47:16 [glazou]
go figure
15:47:21 [ChrisL]
and served in 2 litre containers with free refils?
15:47:37 [mollydotcom]
I make it fresh at home
15:48:41 [mollydotcom]
we do sun tea here in the desert. Gallon of water in a big glass jar along with your fave tea (leaves or bags) - set outside in the sun to brew, strain if needed, chill. Nom!
15:49:14 [glazou]
they have rather the same in the west indies but with s/water/rhum :-)
15:49:29 [oyvind]
oyvind has joined #css
15:50:12 [mollydotcom]
rhum as in Rum, glazou?
15:50:19 [glazou]
sorry, french spelling
15:50:34 [mollydotcom]
no worries, just clarifying - I can't drink rhum
15:50:40 [mollydotcom]
way too sweet.
15:51:14 [glazou]
eh, you have not tested good rum then
15:51:55 [glazou]
http://www.ministryofrum.com/rumdetails.php?r=80
15:54:17 [glazou]
work ?? uuuuh
15:54:20 [glazou]
:-/
15:54:21 [mollydotcom]
glazou doesn't have to look sharp today, he has a sick note.
15:54:47 [ChrisL]
I am working. testing font squirrel woff generation
15:54:48 [johnjansen]
johnjansen has joined #css
15:54:58 [mollydotcom]
oh, cool ChrisL
15:55:11 [glazou]
ChrisL: and I am ranting about html5 parsing rules
15:55:15 [stearns]
stearns has joined #css
15:55:23 [johnjansen]
glazou, Microsoft is about to have a firedrill and we will need to evacuate the building... it should take about 20 minutes.
15:55:28 [aprowse]
aprowse has joined #css
15:55:32 [glazou]
johnjansen: ROFL, ok
15:56:02 [glazou]
I think this conf call does not start well :-)
15:56:19 [Martijnc]
Martijnc has joined #css
15:56:38 [Zakim]
Style_CSS FP()12:00PM has now started
15:56:50 [Zakim]
+ +93550aaaa
15:57:23 [aprowse]
Zakim, aaaa is antonp
15:57:23 [Zakim]
+antonp; got it
15:57:24 [Zakim]
+ +1.206.675.aabb
15:57:32 [stearns]
Zakim, aabb is me
15:57:32 [Zakim]
+stearns; got it
15:57:43 [Zakim]
+ChrisL
15:57:53 [aprowse]
aprowse has left #css
15:58:00 [aprowse]
aprowse has joined #css
15:58:03 [aprowse]
aprowse has left #css
15:58:16 [antonp]
antonp has joined #css
15:58:35 [glazou]
grrr Zakim
15:58:36 [Zakim]
+??P53
15:58:47 [florianr]
Zakim, I am ??P53
15:58:53 [Zakim]
+florianr; got it
15:58:54 [Zakim]
+??P57
15:59:02 [glazou]
Zakim, ??P57 is me
15:59:02 [Zakim]
+glazou; got it
15:59:07 [glazou]
Zakim, who is noisy?
15:59:14 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
15:59:17 [Zakim]
glazou, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: stearns (9%), glazou (15%)
15:59:24 [johnjansen]
zakim, microsoft has johnjansen
15:59:24 [Zakim]
+johnjansen; got it
15:59:56 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft.a]
15:59:59 [cesar]
cesar has joined #css
16:00:08 [arronei]
zakim, microsoft has me
16:00:09 [Zakim]
+arronei; got it
16:00:15 [johnjansen]
there goes the alarm... back in a bit
16:00:16 [arronei]
and there goes the fire alarm...
16:00:34 [Zakim]
+Molly_Holzschlag
16:01:26 [Zakim]
+dbaron
16:01:54 [glazou]
Zakim, who is on phone?
16:02:08 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, glazou.
16:02:10 [Zakim]
+ +1.284.626.aacc
16:02:14 [glazou]
Zakim, who is on the phone?
16:02:19 [ChrisL]
zakim, who is here?
16:02:22 [Zakim]
+plinss
16:02:27 [Zakim]
On the phone I see antonp, stearns, ChrisL, florianr, glazou, [Microsoft], [Microsoft.a], Molly_Holzschlag, dbaron, +1.284.626.aacc, plinss
16:02:30 [Zakim]
[Microsoft] has arronei
16:02:35 [cesar]
zakim, aacc is me
16:02:43 [Zakim]
On the phone I see antonp, stearns, ChrisL, florianr, glazou, [Microsoft], [Microsoft.a], Molly_Holzschlag, dbaron, +1.284.626.aacc, plinss
16:02:50 [Zakim]
[Microsoft] has arronei
16:03:06 [Zakim]
+cesar; got it
16:03:20 [Zakim]
On IRC I see cesar, antonp, Martijnc, stearns, johnjansen, oyvind, RRSAgent, Zakim, glazou, florianr, mollydotcom, kojiishi, dbaron, ChrisL, karl, miketaylr, Florian, hober,
16:03:23 [Zakim]
... arronei, anne, lhnz, TabAtkins, krijnh, CSSWG_LogBot, myakura, gsnedders, ed, fantasai, plinss, Hixie, pjrm, trackbot, Bert, shepazu
16:03:25 [glazou]
Regrets from hardy, danielw, kimberlyblessing, dsinger, sylvaing and smfr
16:03:30 [nimbupani]
nimbupani has joined #css
16:03:40 [arron]
arron has joined #css
16:04:31 [dbaron]
Tab sent regrets in https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-css-wg/2011OctDec/0002.html
16:05:31 [Zakim]
+Bert
16:05:48 [dbaron]
ScribeNick: dbaron
16:06:02 [dbaron]
glazou: Extra items for today?
16:06:18 [dbaron]
Bert: I sent an item about the IDPF -- the epub plans.
16:06:20 [szilles]
szilles has joined #css
16:06:26 [Zakim]
+??P37
16:06:54 [glazou]
http://www.w3.org/mid/CAAWBYDAbkFf6jtK_aQBwTgOsBmE5c=vs1fnQkk30ZBXwew_qjA@mail.gmail.com
16:06:56 [dbaron]
Topic: Publishing css3-images as last call
16:07:18 [Zakim]
+SteveZ
16:07:21 [dbaron]
Chris: last call is a good thing -- requires having no open issues. Brad was arguing that his issue hadn't been resolved.
16:07:42 [dbaron]
glazou: Brad said he hadn't yet had time to answer Tab's last message on the thread but planned to do so.
16:07:50 [dbaron]
glazou: agree to wait?
16:08:16 [dbaron]
Chris: Should probably have a time limit -- ask Brad to respond within 2 weeks, or alternatively raise it as an LC comment.
16:08:41 [dbaron]
ACTION Chris: email Brad (on public ML) asking Brad to respond within 2 weeks
16:08:41 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-370 - Email Brad (on public ML) asking Brad to respond within 2 weeks [on Chris Lilley - due 2011-10-12].
16:08:41 [ChrisL]
rrsagent, here
16:08:41 [RRSAgent]
See http://www.w3.org/2011/10/05-css-irc#T16-08-41-2
16:08:58 [glazou]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-css-wg/2011JulSep/0358.html
16:09:10 [cesar]
By the way, about the British Virgin Islands, I think it's me (well, not me: I am in Asturias, Spain) but the VoIP server or something like that. ;)
16:09:14 [dbaron]
Topic: note on non-actively-maintained specs
16:09:34 [dbaron]
Chris: sounds like a good idea... though I'd have put css3-values in the same category until it was recently revived
16:09:39 [dsinger_]
dsinger_ has joined #css
16:09:43 [dbaron]
florian: unmaintained doesn't mean it won't be maintained again in the future
16:10:06 [dbaron]
glazou: (1) agree w/ florian (2) we should reflect the warning also in the list of documents we maintain on the roadmap
16:10:29 [dbaron]
florian: Helps new people coming along -- avoid wasting their time.
16:10:29 [Zakim]
+??P0
16:10:36 [fantasai]
Zakim, ??P0 is me
16:10:36 [Zakim]
+fantasai; got it
16:10:38 [dbaron]
glazou: Tab is volunteering to make the edits.
16:10:51 [dbaron]
glazou: I suggest I email him about what we just said and let him do the edits.
16:10:55 [dbaron]
glazou: ok for everyone?
16:11:12 [dbaron]
Bert: several of these have been published. Should we put something on the TR page? That's the more important publication than the CVS one.
16:11:15 [bradk]
bradk has joined #css
16:11:16 [dbaron]
glazou: doable?
16:11:24 [dbaron]
Bert: we can certainly republish w/ new status section
16:11:27 [dbaron]
glazou: let's do that
16:11:58 [dbaron]
glazou: Once the edits are made (by Tab), I suggest we publish
16:12:05 [dbaron]
dbaron: editor's draft may be substantially different from TR page draft
16:12:49 [nimbupani1]
nimbupani1 has joined #css
16:13:23 [Zakim]
+ +1.650.766.aadd
16:13:29 [dbaron]
dbaron: ... (fill in later)
16:13:40 [bradk]
Zakim, aadd is me
16:13:41 [Zakim]
+bradk; got it
16:14:08 [dbaron]
css3-linebox
16:14:13 [dbaron]
something else mentioned
16:14:22 [dbaron]
Steve: css3-linebox -- John wants to edit in near future
16:15:01 [dbaron]
dbaron: I'd rather somebody spend 10 minutes thinking about the issue
16:15:20 [dbaron]
glazou: On what basis would you make a decision?
16:15:38 [dbaron]
Steve: One idea is to republish TR draft with note that it's no longer maintain, but also link to editor's draft
16:15:53 [dbaron]
glazou: That way the edits are easy to make and we have a link to the editor's draft
16:15:59 [dbaron]
dbaron: fine with me
16:16:11 [dbaron]
glazou: steve's proposal accepted
16:16:24 [dbaron]
RESOLUTION: for TR drafts, republish the existing TR drafts with the note, and add pointer to editor's draft
16:16:54 [dbaron]
RESOLUTION: tab to add warning to unmaintained editors drafts
16:17:27 [dbaron]
[discussion with brad about responding to issue]
16:17:59 [dbaron]
Topic: TPAC
16:18:34 [dbaron]
glazou: reminder, register for TPAC if you plan to attend. There's a fee, which gets a lot higher if you don't register in time. Also book travel and hotel. There are also less expensive hotels nearby (Avatar hotel across street).
16:18:43 [dbaron]
glazou: I'll send link to Avatar after the call.
16:18:57 [dbaron]
glazou: We also need to collect agenda items for the TPAC. Is there a wiki page for that already?
16:19:23 [dbaron]
glazou: I'm waiting for the final answer for Paris -- we exceed 24 for the first meeting room I was planning.
16:19:35 [Bert]
-> http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/TPAC2011/ TPAC registration form
16:20:39 [dbaron]
https://www.w3.org/Style/Group/meetings.html
16:21:25 [dbaron]
if we migrate to wiki, should only migrate down to point where minutes became public
16:21:31 [fantasai]
http://wiki.csswg.org/planning/tpac-2011
16:21:57 [dbaron]
molly: I'll migrate that to wiki
16:22:10 [dbaron]
molly: and set up wiki pagefor tpac meeting
16:22:11 [glazou]
www.jdvhotels.com/hotels/avatar
16:22:31 [fantasai]
Bert -- http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/members.en points to the old charter, do we have a new one?
16:22:38 [dbaron]
Topic: IDPF
16:22:57 [dbaron]
Bert: working on epub -- we've been working on vertical text in text module
16:23:12 [dbaron]
Bert: they recently decided to start new WG on adaptive dynamic layout
16:23:21 [szilles]
szilles has joined #css
16:23:21 [johnjansen]
http://www.w3.org/2010/09/CSSWG/charter.html
16:23:33 [dbaron]
Bert: for multicol, grid positioning, and other things
16:23:44 [dbaron]
Bert: It's clear we won't be able to match their schedule; they want it done by July next year.
16:24:20 [dbaron]
Bert: We can help them along ... things may need prefixes. And keep in contact so we know what they want and they know what we can do.
16:24:25 [dbaron]
Bert: How do we do the coordination?
16:24:41 [dbaron]
Bert: Brady Duga (chair of new WG) is in CSS WG
16:24:59 [dbaron]
Bert: Would be good if somebody participating in layout stuff from our side were involved in their meetings.
16:25:15 [dbaron]
glazou: You said that ??? is going to attend TPAC or find somebody else more technical.
16:25:28 [dbaron]
glazou: If we have a representative there at TPAC, shouldn't we discuss this at TPAC?
16:26:18 [dbaron]
ACTION: glazou to invite Bill McCoy to CSS Working group's meeting at TPAC to discuss coordination with IDPF
16:26:18 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-371 - Invite Bill McCoy to CSS Working group's meeting at TPAC to discuss coordination with IDPF [on Daniel Glazman - due 2011-10-12].
16:26:33 [dbaron]
Steve: and invite as many IDPF participants as could attend
16:26:36 [dbaron]
glazou: I'll do that
16:27:02 [dbaron]
glazou: We have at least 2 implementors of epub in the WG (Adobe and me), also Koji
16:27:47 [szilles]
szilles has joined #css
16:28:23 [Zakim]
-[Microsoft]
16:28:26 [dbaron]
glazou: ok, short meeting. talk to you next week.
16:28:29 [Zakim]
-ChrisL
16:28:30 [Zakim]
-florianr
16:28:30 [Zakim]
-bradk
16:28:31 [Zakim]
-[Microsoft.a]
16:28:31 [Zakim]
-cesar
16:28:32 [Zakim]
-SteveZ
16:28:32 [Zakim]
-antonp
16:28:34 [Zakim]
-glazou
16:28:36 [Zakim]
-dbaron
16:28:38 [Zakim]
-kojiishi
16:28:38 [florianr]
florianr has left #css
16:28:40 [Zakim]
-plinss
16:28:42 [Zakim]
-Molly_Holzschlag
16:28:43 [dbaron]
Meeting: CSS Working Group teleconference
16:28:44 [Zakim]
-fantasai
16:28:45 [Zakim]
-stearns
16:28:46 [dbaron]
Scribe: David Baron
16:28:49 [dbaron]
Chair: Daniel Glazman
16:28:50 [Zakim]
-Bert
16:28:52 [Zakim]
Style_CSS FP()12:00PM has ended
16:28:53 [antonp]
antonp has left #css
16:28:54 [Zakim]
Attendees were +93550aaaa, antonp, +1.206.675.aabb, stearns, ChrisL, florianr, glazou, johnjansen, [Microsoft], arronei, Molly_Holzschlag, dbaron, +1.284.626.aacc, plinss, cesar,
16:28:57 [Zakim]
... Bert, kojiishi, SteveZ, fantasai, +1.650.766.aadd, bradk
16:29:25 [dbaron]
s/... (fill in later)/somebody should probably take a few minutes to look at each one and see if it makes more sense to push the editor's draft to the TR page or republish what's now on the TR page with a warning/
16:33:58 [dsinger]
dsinger has joined #css
16:37:53 [Bert]
fantasai, no new charter yet. The old one was valid until Aug 30, so we are officially out of a charter now. A draft charter has been sent to the AC, but the official review period hasn't started yet.
16:38:20 [fantasai]
I see...
16:38:30 [fantasai]
Bert: are we done with the notes at http://wiki.csswg.org/planning ?
16:38:35 [fantasai]
Bert: Can I delete them yet?
16:38:35 [fantasai]
:)
16:39:09 [Bert]
You want to delete Web pages!?
16:39:28 [fantasai]
Bert: No, I want to clear out the notes on planning that refer to errors in the charter
16:39:31 [Bert]
The notes are indeed no longer needed. Chris used them all, as far as I know.
16:39:33 [fantasai]
Bert: assuming they've been fixed
16:39:38 [fantasai]
Bert: ok
16:40:10 [fantasai]
Done
17:07:41 [karl]
karl has joined #CSS
17:14:20 [arronei_]
arronei_ has joined #css
17:24:07 [cesar]
cesar has left #css
17:31:54 [myakura]
myakura has joined #css
17:33:07 [myakura]
myakura has joined #css
17:40:23 [mollydotcom]
mollydotcom has left #css
17:44:15 [dbaron]
dbaron has joined #css
17:45:19 [szilles]
szilles has joined #css
18:14:25 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #css
18:28:07 [szilles]
szilles has joined #css