IRC log of au on 2011-10-03

Timestamps are in UTC.

19:49:49 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #au
19:49:49 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/10/03-au-irc
19:49:54 [Jan]
Zakim, this will be AUWG
19:49:54 [Zakim]
ok, Jan; I see WAI_AUWG()3:00PM scheduled to start 49 minutes ago
19:50:02 [Jan]
Meeting: WAI AU
19:50:38 [Jan]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2011JulSep/0114.html
20:01:20 [Zakim]
WAI_AUWG()3:00PM has now started
20:01:27 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
20:01:31 [jeanne]
jeanne has joined #au
20:01:45 [Jan]
Jan has joined #au
20:01:46 [Zakim]
+Jeanne
20:01:57 [jeanne]
zakim, who is here?
20:01:57 [Zakim]
On the phone I see [Microsoft], Jeanne
20:01:58 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Jan, jeanne, RRSAgent, Zakim, trackbot
20:02:26 [Zakim]
+??P2
20:02:28 [Zakim]
+??P3
20:02:53 [Jan]
zakim, ??P2 is really Jan
20:02:53 [Zakim]
+Jan; got it
20:03:06 [Jan]
zakim, ??P3 is really Jutta
20:03:06 [Zakim]
+Jutta; got it
20:03:48 [Jan]
regrets: Cherie E., Alastair C, Tim B, Greg P
20:04:03 [Jan]
Chair: Jutta Treviranus
20:04:06 [Zakim]
+ +1.561.582.aaaa
20:04:22 [Jan]
zakim, aaaa is really Sueann N.
20:04:22 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'aaaa is really Sueann N', Jan
20:04:27 [Jan]
zakim, aaaa is really Sueann
20:04:27 [Zakim]
+Sueann; got it
20:05:44 [Sueann]
Sueann has joined #au
20:07:02 [Jan]
Topic: 1. Publication plans (Jutta) and checkin on last call comments (due Sept 15)
20:07:20 [Jan]
JT: We really need to move forward towards Rec
20:07:38 [Jan]
JT: We need to establish a cutoff date to receive and deal with comments
20:07:48 [Jan]
JT: All comments need to be in by EOD on Friday
20:08:35 [Jan]
JT: Oct 7th
20:08:52 [Jan]
AL: Who is missing
20:09:07 [Jan]
JS: Adobe, IBM, PF group
20:09:45 [Jan]
SN: Can't meet that deadline
20:10:27 [Jan]
JS:We can't keep waiting...could you prioritize items that might be controversial?
20:11:28 [Jan]
JT: Any items beyond what MS has identified
20:11:50 [Jan]
SN: There has simply been a lot of changes, so I don't know
20:11:58 [Jan]
scribe: Jan
20:12:35 [Jan]
SN: Reality is that when this comes out as LC, that's when the heavy scrutiny will happen and there is no way around it
20:13:13 [Jan]
JT: How do we comm to WAIPF?
20:13:38 [Zakim]
-Jan
20:13:48 [Jan]
JS: I will send him an email
20:14:06 [Jan]
got kicked off
20:14:24 [Zakim]
+??P2
20:14:35 [Jan]
zakim, ??P2 is really Jan
20:14:35 [Zakim]
+Jan; got it
20:15:38 [Jan]
Topic: 2. TPAC (please register soon!)
20:16:41 [Jan]
SN: Won't be there inperson...can attend by phone
20:17:48 [Jan]
AL: Won't be there inperson
20:18:09 [Jan]
AL: Can't confirm yet by phone
20:19:16 [Jan]
JT: Better times or places?
20:19:36 [Jan]
AL: open-ended?
20:20:00 [Jan]
JT: A fixed dedicated time to work on the draft....
20:20:15 [Jan]
JT: eg in conjunction with another event
20:20:31 [Jan]
JT: eg mEnabling Summit in Washington
20:21:15 [Jan]
AL: Best to stick to what you have or send out a survey
20:22:45 [Jan]
JT: Would be great to have you at least there by phone
20:23:11 [Jan]
Topic: 3. Proposals responding to comments
20:23:28 [Jan]
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35520/20110930/results
20:24:01 [Jan]
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35520/20110930/results#xq5
20:24:10 [Jan]
A.2.1.2 "Alternatives for Rendered Time-Based Media", rewording of "(a) Option to Render"
20:24:30 [Jan]
Resolution: All agree on http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35520/20110930/results#xq5
20:24:37 [Jan]
In "A.3.1.2 No Keyboard Traps", replacing "known" by "documented".
20:24:42 [Jan]
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35520/20110930/results#xq7
20:25:42 [Jan]
SN: As a level A requirement the proposal is too prescriptive. Should just ensure the correct result is achieved without indicating how it is accomplished.
20:25:53 [Jan]
JT: Just changing one word
20:35:48 [Jan]
JR: Will look more at keyboard trap wording
20:37:08 [Jan]
SN: Just that user can't be trapped (breaking up a bit)....
20:37:46 [Jan]
SN: If there is a special mechanism then it is covered by documenting requiremetn
20:38:20 [Jan]
SN: don't really see need for special nature of the direction
20:39:00 [Jan]
In "A.4.1.2 Setting Changes Reversible", simplifying the wording and removing the save option.
20:39:11 [Jan]
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35520/20110930/results#xq8
20:39:35 [Jan]
If a change to an authoring tool setting is not reversible, then the authoring tool requires author confirmation to proceed.
20:40:54 [Jan]
A.4.1.2 Settings change confirmation: If a change to an authoring tool setting is not reversible, then the authoring tool requires author confirmation to proceed.
20:41:10 [Jan]
Resolution: All agree with "A.4.1.2 Settings change confirmation: If a change to an authoring tool setting is not reversible, then the authoring tool requires author confirmation to proceed. "
20:41:39 [Jan]
In applicability note: B.3 "Applicability after the end of an authoring session" replacing "has specified" with "causes"
20:41:54 [Jan]
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35520/20110930/results#xq9
20:42:16 [Jan]
Resolution: All ok with http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35520/20110930/results#xq9
20:42:23 [Jan]
New rationale for B.4.2
20:42:29 [Jan]
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35520/20110930/results#xq10
20:42:35 [Jan]
Resolution: All ok with http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35520/20110930/results#xq10
20:42:44 [Jan]
In the definition of authoring tool, replacing "software" with "application"
20:42:51 [Jan]
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35520/20110930/results#xq11
20:43:05 [Jan]
Resolution: All ok with http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35520/20110930/results#xq11
20:43:13 [Jan]
Modified definition of "prompt":
20:43:18 [Jan]
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35520/20110930/results#xq12
20:43:23 [Jan]
Resolution: All ok with http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35520/20110930/results#xq12
20:46:43 [Jan]
Here is the SC: A.3.6.5 Assistance with Preferences: If the authoring tool includes display and/or control settings, then the authoring tool includes a mechanism to help authors configure these settings. (Level AAA)
20:46:54 [Jan]
AL: If this is nothing why here?
20:47:27 [Jan]
JS: I think its useful
20:47:42 [Jan]
AL: At what point does it fail?
20:48:46 [Jan]
AL: Would be very weird not have any help at all
20:49:52 [Jan]
JR: Let's just hold it over
20:51:06 [Jan]
JT: Maybe we should review the original intent to see if it has been lost
20:52:29 [Jan]
JR: maybe explore conflict management at AAA?
20:52:41 [Jan]
JT: That's just one of the parts
20:53:20 [Jan]
JT: better to pull back to our original intent of making things easier for authors
20:53:31 [Jan]
JT: Maybe we will circle back
20:54:24 [Jan]
Topic: Meeting time change?
20:54:43 [Jan]
SN: What do people think about 3pm ET?
20:54:59 [Jan]
AL: OK with me
20:56:19 [Jan]
JR: OK with me
20:56:38 [Jan]
JS: Would love to move it
20:56:53 [Jan]
JT: Let's test 230-330 and 300-400
20:59:01 [Zakim]
-[Microsoft]
20:59:03 [Zakim]
-Sueann
20:59:17 [Jan]
zakim, who's here?
20:59:17 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Jeanne, Jutta, Jan
20:59:18 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Sueann, Jan, jeanne, RRSAgent, Zakim, trackbot
21:09:54 [Jan]
RRSAgent, make minutes
21:09:54 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/10/03-au-minutes.html Jan
21:10:00 [Jan]
RRSAgent, set logs public
21:10:06 [Jan]
Zakim, bye
21:10:11 [Jan]
RRSAgent, bye
21:10:11 [RRSAgent]
I see no action items