IRC log of rdfa on 2011-09-29

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:55:31 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #rdfa
13:55:31 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/09/29-rdfa-irc
13:55:33 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
13:55:33 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #rdfa
13:55:35 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 7332
13:55:36 [trackbot]
Meeting: RDF Web Applications Working Group Teleconference
13:55:36 [trackbot]
Date: 29 September 2011
13:55:36 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see SW_RDFa()10:00AM scheduled to start in 5 minutes
13:56:20 [manu1]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdfa-wg/2011Sep/0102.html
13:56:37 [manu1]
Chair: Manu
14:00:20 [Knud]
Knud has joined #rdfa
14:00:35 [lindstream]
lindstream has joined #rdfa
14:00:50 [ShaneM]
ShaneM has joined #rdfa
14:01:15 [Zakim]
SW_RDFa()10:00AM has now started
14:01:15 [ShaneM]
ShaneM has left #rdfa
14:01:22 [Zakim]
+ +3539149aaaa
14:01:31 [Knud]
zakim, I am +aaaa
14:01:31 [Zakim]
sorry, Knud, I do not see a party named '+aaaa'
14:01:35 [SebastianGermesin]
SebastianGermesin has joined #rdfa
14:01:39 [Zakim]
+??P34
14:01:41 [Knud]
zakim, I am aaaa
14:01:41 [Zakim]
+Knud; got it
14:01:45 [Knud]
zakim, mute me
14:01:45 [Zakim]
Knud should now be muted
14:01:54 [lindstream]
zakim, I am ??P34
14:01:54 [Zakim]
+lindstream; got it
14:02:05 [Zakim]
+??P37
14:02:16 [gkellogg]
zakim, I am ??P37
14:02:17 [Zakim]
+gkellogg; got it
14:02:18 [Zakim]
+??P39
14:02:21 [manu1]
zakim, I am ??P39
14:02:21 [Zakim]
+manu1; got it
14:02:28 [Knud]
morning!
14:02:39 [Zakim]
+ +68185775aabb
14:02:47 [SebastianGermesin]
Zakim, I am aabb
14:02:47 [Zakim]
+SebastianGermesin; got it
14:03:46 [manu1]
zakim, who is on the call?
14:03:46 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Knud (muted), lindstream, gkellogg, manu1, SebastianGermesin
14:04:17 [Knud]
I could, sure
14:04:26 [manu1]
Scribe: Knud
14:04:44 [Knud]
manu: updates to the agenda?
14:05:03 [Zakim]
+Steven
14:07:28 [Knud]
…: talked with Jeni Tennison in HTML data TF
14:08:00 [Knud]
…: we believe that RDFa 1.1 fulfils what this group wants
14:09:10 [Knud]
…: Is test-suite up to date?
14:09:41 [Knud]
Greg: suite has been updated recently, should be pretty much up to date
14:09:56 [Knud]
…: there are still RDFa 1.0 tests in there - should they remain?
14:11:22 [gkellogg]
Core rdfa-test-suite updated, not my own.
14:11:34 [Steven]
q+
14:12:22 [Knud]
steven: I'm on ODF technical committee. ODF 1.2 is about to become standard.
14:12:23 [lindstream]
q+
14:12:30 [manu1]
ack Steven
14:12:33 [manu1]
ack lindstream
14:12:34 [Knud]
…: there will be a short quote about RDFa and XForms in it
14:13:07 [Knud]
lindstream: did anybody look closer at rNews inclusion in schema.org?
14:13:31 [Knud]
manu: not in detail
14:14:26 [Knud]
lindstream: wondering if rNews will change to use MicroData instead of RDFa
14:14:47 [manu1]
ACTION: Manu to ask IPTC what status of RDFa support for rNews will be in the future.
14:14:47 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-95 - Ask IPTC what status of RDFa support for rNews will be in the future. [on Manu Sporny - due 2011-10-06].
14:14:53 [Knud]
manu: I'll ask Evan and others in IPTC about that
14:15:08 [manu1]
Topic: ISSUE-108: Refine/deprecate Link relations
14:15:30 [Knud]
http://www.w3.org/2010/02/rdfa/track/issues/108
14:16:04 [Knud]
manu: someone needs to do this - any volunteers?
14:16:33 [manu1]
Topic: ISSUE-104: link/meta in HTML5 flow content
14:16:41 [manu1]
http://www.w3.org/2010/02/rdfa/track/issues/104
14:17:04 [Knud]
manu: this is not something we need to address in this WG
14:17:41 [Knud]
…: some old browser versions will move link and meta statements from body to head, messing up your markup
14:17:51 [Steven]
q+
14:18:06 [manu1]
ack Steven
14:18:07 [Steven]
Nice to see HTML5 discovering XHTML2 features
14:19:06 [Knud]
steven: it doesn't matter to us. Our rules will work anyway.
14:19:15 [gkellogg]
q+
14:19:29 [Knud]
manu: but a JS implementation might not work in old browsers
14:19:33 [manu1]
ack gkellogg
14:20:00 [Knud]
gkellog: isn't this an issue for the HTML WG?
14:20:43 [Knud]
manu: yes, but we should make a decision and then I can raise it in the HTML WG.
14:21:18 [lindstream]
q+
14:22:03 [manu1]
ack lindstream
14:22:18 [Knud]
gkellog: HTML WG needs to take a stand on this
14:22:42 [Knud]
lindstream: didn't Jeni already raise this with HTML WG? Shouldn't we just back her on this?
14:23:44 [Knud]
manu: based on our discussion here, I can raise this in HTML WG? Propose to have this in the HTML 5 spec, instead of just in the MicroData spec.
14:23:46 [gkellogg]
PROPOSAL: The RDFWA WG supports the use of link & meta in the body of HTML5 documents.
14:24:52 [lindstream]
q+
14:26:23 [lindstream]
+1
14:26:24 [gkellogg]
+1
14:26:26 [SebastianGermesin]
+1
14:26:26 [Steven]
+1
14:26:28 [Knud]
+1
14:26:29 [manu1]
-1 (but don't feel strongly about it)
14:26:44 [manu1]
RESOLVED: The RDFWA WG supports the use of link & meta in the body of HTML5 documents.
14:27:28 [lindstream]
q+
14:27:52 [manu1]
ACTION: Manu to push issue with HTML WG on LINK/META elements in body.
14:27:52 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-96 - Push issue with HTML WG on LINK/META elements in body. [on Manu Sporny - due 2011-10-06].
14:28:13 [Knud]
lindstream: we should mention somewhere that hidden data is hard to maintain, and RDFa focusses on visible data
14:28:14 [gkellogg]
q+
14:28:19 [manu1]
ack lindstream
14:28:38 [manu1]
ack gkellogg
14:29:57 [manu1]
Topic: ISSUE-101: RDF 1.1 and plain literals
14:30:06 [manu1]
http://www.w3.org/2010/02/rdfa/track/issues/101
14:30:35 [lindstream]
q+
14:33:41 [Knud]
lindstream: we should get some more input from RDF WG on how this should be handled
14:36:11 [lindstream]
q+ :)
14:36:28 [manu1]
ack lindstream
14:36:28 [Zakim]
lindstream, you wanted to say )
14:36:49 [Knud]
lindstream: we are conflating two issues:
14:38:59 [Knud]
(which two things are conflated? the test suite and __?)
14:39:29 [gkellogg]
q+
14:40:00 [manu1]
ack gkellogg
14:40:06 [Knud]
…: in RDFa 1.1, there is no semantic disctinction
14:40:21 [Knud]
manu: but it still breaks things like SPARQL queries
14:42:13 [manu1]
PROPOSAL: Close ISSUE-101 due to a lack of concrete guidance on how the RDF WG's plain literal decision impacts RDFa 1.1
14:42:17 [Knud]
+1
14:42:18 [gkellogg]
+1
14:42:19 [lindstream]
+1
14:42:20 [manu1]
+1
14:42:20 [SebastianGermesin]
+1
14:42:31 [Steven]
+1
14:42:35 [manu1]
RESOLVED: Close ISSUE-101 due to a lack of concrete guidance on how the RDF WG's plain literal decision impacts RDFa 1.1
14:42:50 [manu1]
Topic: RDF API and RDFa API Work
14:44:11 [lindstream]
q+
14:44:18 [manu1]
ack lindstream
14:44:19 [gkellogg]
Q=
14:44:38 [Knud]
manu: this work could be outsource to a community group. Any thoughts about this?
14:45:18 [Knud]
lindstream: RDF API is probably beyond our own WG's scope
14:45:20 [manu1]
q+
14:45:54 [Knud]
gkellog: why did we change our name to WebApps WG, if not to deal with Web applications, which means to deal with APIs
14:46:34 [Knud]
(should I minute that?)
14:47:35 [Knud]
manu: it's unlikely that any browser vendors will support the APIs any time soon
14:47:51 [Knud]
…: they seem to be rather hostile towards them
14:48:21 [lindstream]
q+
14:48:27 [manu1]
ack manu1
14:48:32 [Knud]
…: there doesn't seem to be a strong demand for it in the community currently either
14:49:00 [Knud]
lindstream: one of the reasons I was invited into this WG was my interest in such APIs
14:49:20 [Knud]
…: but yes, maybe it could take some time to incubate
14:50:13 [lindstream]
q+
14:50:15 [Knud]
manu: this wouldn't halt the work on the APIs, instead it would give them more time. We need to standardise RDFa soon
14:50:47 [manu1]
ack lindstream
14:51:37 [Knud]
lindstream: some aspects of the API are more closely related to JSON-LD
14:52:13 [Knud]
manu: yes, and this is also the way our company is dealing with this issue - conversion to JSON-LD
14:53:22 [Knud]
people thinks it's a good idea to move this out to a community group
14:53:38 [Knud]
manu: that's all from the agenda. Any other business?
14:53:44 [Knud]
no other business.
14:53:44 [Zakim]
-gkellogg
14:53:46 [Zakim]
-Steven
14:53:46 [Zakim]
-SebastianGermesin
14:53:48 [Zakim]
-manu1
14:53:52 [Zakim]
-Knud
14:53:54 [Zakim]
-lindstream
14:53:54 [Zakim]
SW_RDFa()10:00AM has ended
14:53:56 [Zakim]
Attendees were +3539149aaaa, Knud, lindstream, gkellogg, manu1, +68185775aabb, SebastianGermesin, Steven
14:54:33 [lindstream]
lindstream has left #rdfa
15:02:38 [Knud]
manu, you're taking care of the minutes, right?
15:02:57 [Knud]
you always do, but I always ask. :)
15:11:20 [ShaneM]
ShaneM has joined #rdfa
15:12:45 [Knud]
Knud has joined #rdfa
15:31:35 [ShaneM]
ShaneM has joined #rdfa
15:38:08 [ShaneM]
ShaneM has left #rdfa
15:43:44 [ShaneM]
ShaneM has joined #rdfa
15:53:00 [ShaneM]
ShaneM has joined #rdfa
16:02:17 [ShaneM]
ShaneM has left #rdfa
16:16:40 [trackbot]
trackbot has joined #rdfa
16:59:48 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #rdfa
18:01:34 [MacTed]
MacTed has joined #rdfa
20:12:15 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #rdfa
20:12:15 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/09/29-rdfa-irc
20:12:20 [manu1]
rrsagent, make logs public
20:12:26 [manu1]
rrsagent, bye
20:12:26 [RRSAgent]
I see no action items