IRC log of au on 2011-09-26

Timestamps are in UTC.

19:45:59 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #au
19:46:00 [RRSAgent]
logging to
19:46:03 [Jan]
Zakim, this will be AUWG
19:46:03 [Zakim]
ok, Jan; I see WAI_AUWG()3:00PM scheduled to start 46 minutes ago
19:46:09 [Jan]
Meeting: WAI AU
19:46:24 [Jan]
19:59:42 [Jan]
regrets: Alex Li, Sueann Nichols
20:00:06 [Jan]
zakim, code?
20:00:06 [Zakim]
the conference code is 2894 (tel:+1.617.761.6200, Jan
20:00:21 [Zakim]
WAI_AUWG()3:00PM has now started
20:00:28 [Zakim]
20:00:34 [Jan]
zakim, ??P0 is really Jan
20:00:34 [Zakim]
+Jan; got it
20:00:36 [Zakim]
20:01:18 [Jan]
zakim, [Microsoft] is really Cherie
20:01:18 [Zakim]
+Cherie; got it
20:07:23 [Jan]
Jan has joined #au
20:07:34 [Zakim]
20:08:16 [jeanne]
jeanne has joined #au
20:09:14 [Tim]
Tim has joined #au
20:09:33 [Zakim]
+ +1.571.765.aaaa
20:09:45 [Zakim]
20:09:49 [Jan]
zakim, aaaa is really Greg
20:09:49 [Zakim]
+Greg; got it
20:10:26 [Jan]
zakim, who's here?
20:10:26 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Jan, Cherie, Jeanne, Greg, Tim_Boland
20:10:27 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Tim, jeanne, Jan, RRSAgent, Zakim, trackbot
20:13:35 [Jan]
Chair: Jan Richards
20:13:40 [Jan]
Scribe: jeanne
20:13:58 [Jan]
20:14:00 [jeanne]
zakim, take up next
20:14:00 [Zakim]
I see nothing on the agenda
20:14:12 [Jan]
Topic: 1. Check-in on Last Call comments (due Sept 15)
20:16:21 [Jan]
Topic: 2. Proposals responding to comments (sorry, not on a survey)
20:17:19 [Jan]
20:17:25 [jeanne]
Cherie: Alex is collating the answers and they should be in by the end of the call
20:17:41 [jeanne]
Greg: we are working on them
20:18:10 [jeanne]
Topic: 2. Proposals responding to comments (sorry, not on a survey)
20:18:36 [Jan]
20:18:40 [jeanne]
Jan: I tried to take out the items that were very clear what the problem and fix should be
20:19:04 [Jan]
20:22:19 [Greg]
Greg has joined #au
20:24:10 [jeanne]
No objections
20:25:04 [Jan]
Resolution: All agree with "Conformance claims are optional, but any claim that is made must record the user agent employed during evaluation."
20:26:58 [Jan]
Resolution: All agree with "Conformance claims are optional, but any claim that is made must record the accessibility guideline(s) followed."
20:27:51 [Jan]
Resolution: All agree with "Conformance claims are optional, but any claim that is made must record the platform accessibility service(s) implemented."
20:28:15 [Jan]
20:29:41 [jeanne]
Jan: A.3.1.2 No keyboard traps - change "known location' to a "documented location"
20:30:04 [jeanne]
Jeanne: Do we need to say where it is documented?
20:30:16 [jeanne]
Jan: It will link to the definition of documented
20:30:29 [jeanne]
Cherie: I need to think about it.
20:31:18 [jeanne]
Topic: A.3.2.3 Pointing Device
20:31:22 [Jan]
20:31:32 [jeanne]
Jan: Poinitng device is used in CSS3
20:31:46 [jeanne]
Tim: Is it defined in CSS3?
20:32:22 [jeanne]
Jeanne: +1
20:32:31 [jeanne]
Greg: +1
20:32:35 [Jan]
Resolution: All agree with "pointing device"
20:32:46 [Jan]
20:33:11 [jeanne]
topic: A.3.5.1 Text search
20:33:36 [jeanne]
Jan: comment that case sensitivity runs into internationalization issues.
20:34:15 [jeanne]
Cherie: It is considered an advanced editing capability in most applications. We recommended removing it.
20:36:15 [jeanne]
no objections
20:36:35 [Jan]
Resolution: All accept removal of "(e) Case Sensitive: The search can be in both case sensitive and case insensitive modes."
20:36:49 [Jan]
20:38:31 [jeanne]
Topic: A.3.6.1 altering display - use modifying rather than alter
20:38:35 [jeanne]
no objections
20:38:41 [Jan]
Resoilution: All accept "modifying the web content being edited".
20:39:12 [Jan]
20:39:33 [jeanne]
Topic: Authoring Actions
20:40:32 [Jan]
Resolution: All accept: "If an authoring action is not immediately reversible, then the authoring tool requires author confirmation to proceed."
20:40:42 [Jan]
20:43:29 [Jan]
20:43:36 [jeanne]
CHerie: We have comments from another group on this.
20:43:41 [jeanne]
Jan: we will postpone
20:45:00 [jeanne]
topic: wizards
20:46:02 [Jan]
20:46:26 [jeanne]
Jan: If there was help available, but no wizard, they would pass and we already have a SC for help.
20:46:49 [jeanne]
Tim: I think this is very major and needs to be written up more.
20:47:30 [jeanne]
Topic: Implementation Gathering
20:48:05 [jeanne]
Jan: Some people are working on comments, but are there any other information from people who are not working on comments?
20:48:09 [Zakim]
20:48:09 [jeanne]
No response.
20:48:13 [Zakim]
20:48:17 [Zakim]
20:48:19 [Zakim]
20:48:24 [jeanne]
Next meeting, Monday. We will talk on list.
20:48:30 [Zakim]
20:48:32 [Zakim]
WAI_AUWG()3:00PM has ended
20:48:34 [Zakim]
Attendees were Jan, Cherie, Jeanne, +1.571.765.aaaa, Tim_Boland, Greg
20:48:37 [Jan]
RRSAgent, make minutes
20:48:37 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate Jan
20:48:43 [Jan]
RRSAgent, set logs public
20:48:49 [Jan]
Zakim, bye
20:48:49 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #au
20:48:54 [Jan]
RRSAgent, bye
20:48:54 [RRSAgent]
I see no action items