IRC log of gld on 2011-09-22

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:00:20 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #gld
14:00:20 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/09/22-gld-irc
14:00:22 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
14:00:22 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #gld
14:00:24 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be EGOV_GLD
14:00:24 [Zakim]
I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled within the next hour, trackbot
14:00:25 [trackbot]
Meeting: Government Linked Data Working Group Teleconference
14:00:25 [trackbot]
Date: 22 September 2011
14:00:32 [cygri]
zakim, code?
14:00:32 [Zakim]
sorry, cygri, I don't know what conference this is
14:01:05 [boris]
zakim, code?
14:01:05 [Zakim]
sorry, boris, I don't know what conference this is
14:01:06 [ZacharyWhitley]
ZacharyWhitley has joined #gld
14:01:19 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, list telecons
14:01:19 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'list telecons', mhausenblas
14:01:21 [cygri]
zakim, you're stupid
14:01:21 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'you're stupid', cygri
14:01:22 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, list telecon
14:01:22 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'list telecon', mhausenblas
14:01:29 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, list meetings
14:01:29 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'list meetings', mhausenblas
14:01:33 [atemezi]
Hi all..
14:01:45 [cgueret_work]
Hi
14:01:47 [boris]
hi
14:01:50 [atemezi]
@Sandro: who is MacTed?
14:01:51 [boris]
zakim, code?
14:01:51 [Zakim]
sorry, boris, I don't know what conference this is
14:02:19 [sandro]
atemezi, MacTed is Ted Thibodeau of OpenLink Software.
14:02:22 [Yigal]
I assume everyone is having a problem with the telecon conference code?
14:02:25 [cygri]
sandro, code?
14:02:40 [sandro]
should be gldwg
14:02:40 [boris]
#gld
14:02:46 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, list conferences
14:02:46 [Zakim]
I see Team_(dnt)13:00Z, SW_RDFa()10:00AM, Team_Global(review)8:00AM, T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM, Team_(wf)11:58Z, WAI_ERTWG(Eval TF)10:00AM, WF_TF()9:00AM, MM_MMI(EMMA)10:00AM,
14:02:47 [sandro]
dialing now
14:02:50 [Zakim]
... Team_(perso)14:00Z active
14:02:51 [Zakim]
also scheduled at this time are Math_IG()10:00AM, UW_POI(POIWG)10:00AM, INC_LLDXG()10:00AM, IA_WebApps(Widgets)9:00AM, INC_(DecisionXG)10:00AM, WAI_PFWG(AAPI)10:00AM,
14:02:54 [Zakim]
... XML_PMWG()10:00AM
14:02:56 [HadleyBeeman]
HadleyBeeman has joined #gld
14:02:57 [Yigal]
Right, sandro, but it isn't accepted.
14:02:59 [boris]
zakim, code?
14:02:59 [Zakim]
sorry, boris, I don't know what conference this is
14:03:03 [cgueret_work]
@cygri is that 45394 you are asking for ?
14:03:03 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, this is T&S_GLDWG()
14:03:03 [Zakim]
ok, mhausenblas; that matches T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM
14:03:04 [boris]
#gldwg
14:03:15 [MikePendleton]
MikePendleton has joined #gld
14:03:15 [Zakim]
+ +3539149aagg
14:03:15 [boris]
thanks michael
14:03:17 [olyerickson]
I did not have a problem with the code; used 45394
14:03:23 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, aagg is me
14:03:24 [Zakim]
+mhausenblas; got it
14:03:28 [bkaempgen]
bkaempgen has joined #gld
14:03:29 [cygri]
zakim, i'm with mhausenblas
14:03:29 [Zakim]
sorry, cygri, I do not recognize a party named 'mhausenblas'
14:03:29 [boris]
zakim, code?
14:03:30 [Zakim]
the conference code is 45394 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 sip:zakim@voip.w3.org), boris
14:03:40 [boris]
zakim, who is here?
14:03:47 [atemezi]
@Sandro: thx. but rrsagent has problem to parse it..when making minutes.. same as for the invited people
14:03:48 [Zakim]
On the phone I see +1.540.898.aaaa, +1.540.645.aabb, +49.133.6.aacc, George_Thomas, +1.240.228.aadd, +1.518.276.aaee, ??P31, +1.202.566.aaff, ??P35, ??P33, mhausenblas
14:03:51 [Zakim]
On IRC I see bkaempgen, MikePendleton, HadleyBeeman, ZacharyWhitley, Zakim, RRSAgent, atemezi, gt, martinAlvarez, Yigal, olyerickson, mhausenblas, boris, bhyland, MacTed, cygri,
14:03:52 [olyerickson]
zakim, 1.617.761.6200 is me
14:03:53 [Zakim]
... cgueret_work, trackbot, sandro
14:04:01 [Zakim]
sorry, olyerickson, I do not recognize a party named '1.617.761.6200'
14:04:02 [csarven]
csarven has joined #gld
14:04:24 [olyerickson]
zakim, +1.518.276.aaee is me
14:04:24 [Zakim]
+olyerickson; got it
14:04:43 [Zakim]
+ +1.440.389.aahh
14:04:44 [olyerickson]
zakim, who is here?
14:04:44 [cygri]
zakim, i'm with mhausenblas
14:04:44 [boris]
zakim, aacc is me
14:04:47 [Zakim]
+Sandro
14:04:49 [Zakim]
On the phone I see +1.540.898.aaaa, +1.540.645.aabb, +49.133.6.aacc, George_Thomas, +1.240.228.aadd, olyerickson, ??P31, +1.202.566.aaff, ??P35, ??P33, mhausenblas,
14:04:55 [Zakim]
... +1.440.389.aahh, Sandro
14:04:58 [Zakim]
+cygri; got it
14:05:00 [Zakim]
+boris; got it
14:05:02 [Zakim]
On IRC I see csarven, bkaempgen, MikePendleton, HadleyBeeman, ZacharyWhitley, Zakim, RRSAgent, atemezi, gt, martinAlvarez, Yigal, olyerickson, mhausenblas, boris, bhyland, MacTed,
14:05:06 [HadleyBeeman]
zakim, aahh is me
14:05:07 [Zakim]
... cygri, cgueret_work, trackbot, sandro
14:05:07 [bhyland]
zakim, aaaa is me
14:05:13 [Zakim]
+HadleyBeeman; got it
14:05:17 [Zakim]
+bhyland; got it
14:05:18 [boris]
Scribe: boris
14:05:25 [Zakim]
+ +1.323.683.aaii
14:05:28 [cgueret_work]
Zakim, cgueret_work is me
14:05:29 [Zakim]
-??P35
14:05:31 [Zakim]
-??P31
14:05:32 [ZacharyWhitley]
zakim, aadd is me
14:05:33 [Zakim]
sorry, cgueret_work, I do not recognize a party named 'cgueret_work'
14:05:38 [Zakim]
+ZacharyWhitley; got it
14:05:52 [MikePendleton]
zakim, MikePendleton is me
14:05:53 [Zakim]
sorry, MikePendleton, I do not recognize a party named 'MikePendleton'
14:05:57 [olyerickson]
@bhyland I am on a landline today so can talk ;)
14:05:58 [Yigal]
zakim, +1.323.683.aaii is me
14:05:58 [Zakim]
+Yigal; got it
14:06:00 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, who's speaking
14:06:00 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'who's speaking', mhausenblas
14:06:04 [cgueret_work]
Zakim, cgueret_work is me
14:06:05 [Zakim]
sorry, cgueret_work, I do not recognize a party named 'cgueret_work'
14:06:06 [Zakim]
+??P35
14:06:10 [sandro]
zakim, who is talking?
14:06:10 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, who's speaking?
14:06:14 [sandro]
:-)
14:06:19 [TinaGheen]
TinaGheen has joined #gld
14:06:20 [Zakim]
sandro, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: bhyland (71%)
14:06:31 [Zakim]
mhausenblas, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: bhyland (53%), boris (6%), ??P35 (4%), mhausenblas (5%)
14:06:37 [boris]
http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon2011.09.22
14:06:39 [boris]
Agenda
14:06:55 [MikePendleton]
Zakim, Mike is me
14:06:55 [Zakim]
sorry, MikePendleton, I do not recognize a party named 'Mike'
14:07:00 [Zakim]
+??P31
14:07:06 [Zakim]
+ +1.919.541.aajj
14:07:12 [boris]
Agenda: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon2011.09.22
14:07:26 [cygri]
zakim, refill sandro's coffee
14:07:26 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'refill sandro's coffee', cygri
14:07:39 [boris]
bhyland: Scribe checklist ...
14:07:58 [bkaempgen]
zakim, who is there
14:08:01 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'who is there', bkaempgen
14:08:02 [boris]
bhyland: welcome to everyone
14:08:09 [boris]
...: recap last meeting
14:08:19 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, who's here?
14:08:19 [Zakim]
On the phone I see bhyland, +1.540.645.aabb, boris, George_Thomas, ZacharyWhitley, olyerickson, +1.202.566.aaff, ??P33, mhausenblas, HadleyBeeman, Sandro, Yigal, martinAlvarez,
14:08:22 [Zakim]
... ??P31, +1.919.541.aajj
14:08:22 [Zakim]
mhausenblas has cygri
14:08:23 [Zakim]
On IRC I see TinaGheen, csarven, bkaempgen, MikePendleton, HadleyBeeman, ZacharyWhitley, Zakim, RRSAgent, atemezi, gt, martinAlvarez, Yigal, olyerickson, mhausenblas, boris,
14:08:25 [Zakim]
... bhyland, MacTed, cygri, cgueret_work, trackbot, sandro
14:08:25 [bhyland]
q?
14:08:29 [boris]
...: talk from John Goodwin
14:08:35 [TinaGheen]
Zakim, aabb is me
14:08:35 [Zakim]
+TinaGheen; got it
14:08:45 [boris]
...: talk from Bernard
14:09:08 [bkaempgen]
zakim, who's here?
14:09:08 [Zakim]
On the phone I see bhyland, TinaGheen, boris, George_Thomas, ZacharyWhitley, olyerickson, +1.202.566.aaff, ??P33, mhausenblas, HadleyBeeman, Sandro, Yigal, martinAlvarez, ??P31,
14:09:10 [boris]
....: anyone new?
14:09:11 [Zakim]
... +1.919.541.aajj
14:09:11 [Zakim]
mhausenblas has cygri
14:09:13 [Zakim]
On IRC I see TinaGheen, csarven, bkaempgen, MikePendleton, HadleyBeeman, ZacharyWhitley, Zakim, RRSAgent, atemezi, gt, martinAlvarez, Yigal, olyerickson, mhausenblas, boris,
14:09:18 [Zakim]
... bhyland, MacTed, cygri, cgueret_work, trackbot, sandro
14:09:48 [boris]
sarven: He works in DERI with Michael and Richard
14:09:57 [boris]
....: works in data-gov.ie
14:10:15 [bkaempgen]
One question regarding Zakim: If I am connected through Skype, how do I know which phone code I am?
14:10:17 [boris]
...: publishing, building apps, census data
14:10:22 [Zakim]
+??P52
14:11:13 [boris]
bhyland: thanks Sarven
14:11:29 [boris]
Sarven: he will start collaborating with the cookbook
14:11:37 [bkaempgen]
ok, thanks mhausenblas
14:11:43 [epa_burgoon]
epa_burgoon has joined #gld
14:11:52 [boris]
PROPOSAL: Accept minutes of last meeting
14:12:05 [mhausenblas]
+1
14:12:09 [gt]
+1
14:12:11 [cgueret_work]
+1
14:12:14 [boris]
http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/meeting/2011-09-15
14:12:41 [boris]
RESOLUTION: Minutes of last meeting accepted
14:12:59 [atemezi]
just one question.. how to deal this "MacTed' does not match any of the 52 active names with rrsagent?"
14:13:11 [boris]
Sandro: talk about how to manage the minutes
14:13:44 [boris]
bhyland: today, discuss about deliverables ... and progress of this WG
14:14:02 [boris]
...: try to well spend this 1 hour per week
14:14:24 [boris]
...: we can always email, but it is good to talk
14:14:37 [boris]
...: Keynote on the Vocamp in GLD
14:14:43 [sandro]
atemezi, add a line like: Guest: Ted (MacTed) Thibedeau
14:14:56 [boris]
...: get input of how this WG is going
14:15:44 [atemezi]
@Sandro: thx
14:15:50 [boris]
...: check open actions
14:16:34 [boris]
...: anyone has problem with accessing the wiki?
14:16:54 [boris]
ACTION-4?
14:16:54 [trackbot]
ACTION-4 -- George Thomas to organize telecon with Zach, Dan, John, George, Richard for a Cube Vocab review -- due 2011-08-18 -- CLOSED
14:16:54 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/actions/4
14:17:02 [cygri]
ACTION-1?
14:17:02 [trackbot]
ACTION-1 -- Sandro Hawke to investigate access issues to the wiki -- due 2011-08-11 -- CLOSED
14:17:02 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/actions/1
14:17:35 [boris]
ACTION-5?
14:17:35 [trackbot]
ACTION-5 -- John Erickson to connect with Stephen Cresswell (UK-TSO) regarding provenance -- due 2011-09-08 -- OPEN
14:17:35 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/actions/5
14:18:14 [olyerickson]
To review Action 5, see: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/actions/5
14:18:19 [boris]
John: start talking ....
14:18:41 [boris]
...: we can close this action
14:18:51 [boris]
...: but, now what do we want from provenance?
14:19:15 [boris]
...: one outcome is the provision of best practices of provenance in GLD
14:19:24 [boris]
...: no standards for it
14:19:35 [boris]
...:current research on provenance is not applicable
14:19:48 [bhyland]
q?
14:19:49 [HadleyBeeman]
q+
14:19:53 [boris]
...: let's discuss about this
14:19:59 [boris]
ack HadleyBeeman
14:20:45 [boris]
HadleyBeeman: some of the data is spreadsheets, ....,
14:21:21 [boris]
... provenance can help to understand how the comples is the data ...
14:21:23 [olyerickson]
+1 to helping user/consumer understand "how" to interpret data
14:21:30 [bhyland]
TOPIC: Action Item on Provenance
14:21:37 [boris]
... also include requirements
14:22:02 [boris]
TOPIC: Action Item on Provenance
14:22:11 [olyerickson]
+1 to "pragmatic provenance"
14:22:15 [HadleyBeeman]
"pragmatic provenance" — good word, bhyland
14:22:20 [bhyland]
HadleyBeeman: Her group wants to figure out ways to better communicate to users what the provenance is, how to interpret data, so people know what they are looking at.
14:22:23 [boris]
bhyland: any comments regarding provenance?
14:22:25 [olyerickson]
q+
14:22:49 [boris]
... looking on the charter .... this should be apart of the best practices?
14:23:05 [boris]
q?
14:23:10 [olyerickson]
+1 to "sniffing on it..." ;)
14:23:16 [boris]
... adding it into the best practices?
14:23:18 [bhyland]
q?
14:23:20 [HadleyBeeman]
+1 to adding it to best practices
14:23:20 [csarven]
Zakim, I am with mhausenblas
14:23:20 [Zakim]
+csarven; got it
14:23:30 [cgueret_work]
+1 to add provenance in best practices
14:23:35 [boris]
olyerickson: Happy to contribute
14:23:50 [boris]
.... best practices is where it goes to
14:24:05 [gt]
1 to add provenance in best practices
14:24:10 [boris]
... practical provenance is good
14:24:12 [gt]
+1 to add provenance in best practices
14:24:28 [gt]
vocab guidance and usage examples would be great
14:24:31 [boris]
... is about how to create provenance data
14:24:31 [bhyland]
Discussion around "pragematic provenance", RPI is doing "supply side provenance" work.
14:25:20 [boris]
.... discussion about pragmatic provenance
14:25:29 [cygri]
q+
14:25:39 [boris]
ack olyerickson
14:26:04 [boris]
.... how government data should use and interact in other apps ...
14:26:07 [bhyland]
olyerickson: Encouraged everyone to look at Stephen Cresswell's work, see http://wiki.esi.ac.uk/Provenance_in_Publication_of_Legislation and the notes olyerickson wrote up in the Action #5.
14:26:13 [boris]
... present provenance data to consumers
14:26:14 [bhyland]
q?
14:26:44 [boris]
cygri: the w3c provenance group is ongoing
14:26:56 [olyerickson]
+1 to well-aligned with PROV
14:26:59 [cgueret_work]
+1
14:27:02 [boris]
.... we have to make sure whatever we do should be align with the provenance group
14:27:03 [bhyland]
cygri: One concern is to coordinate with the W3C Provenance Group. We should dovetail.
14:27:41 [cygri]
ack me
14:28:11 [cgueret_work]
+q
14:28:42 [boris]
olyerickson: government is very specific domain
14:29:15 [gt]
+1 - and it would be nice if GLD has consensus around PROV prescribed vocab use - which is largely driven by UK GLD work already
14:29:36 [cygri]
+1 to gt
14:29:43 [gt]
if you're looking at someone's mashup app that uses some gld you should be able to 'see' the associated provenance
14:29:52 [boris]
bhyland: let's discussion about this, if we agree to include pragmatic provenance in the best practices doc
14:30:02 [bhyland]
q?
14:30:15 [olyerickson]
@gt +1
14:30:16 [cgueret_work]
paul groth
14:30:16 [bhyland]
ack cgueret_work
14:30:23 [boris]
cgueret_work: contact with the cochair of the PRovenace Group
14:30:27 [boris]
... paul groth
14:30:55 [boris]
ACTION-6?
14:30:55 [trackbot]
ACTION-6 -- George Thomas to follow up with bhyland, ChrisMusialek and cory-c regarding NIEM interaction with US Data.gov PMO -- due 2011-09-15 -- OPEN
14:30:55 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/actions/6
14:30:57 [olyerickson]
@gt we've done some work in that area but not driven by REQUIREMENTS
14:31:10 [boris]
george: is in progress
14:31:57 [boris]
bhlyand: action 6 closed
14:32:26 [boris]
george: still talking about action 6?
14:32:47 [boris]
ACTION-8?
14:32:47 [trackbot]
ACTION-8 -- George Thomas to refactor some HHS CQLD GLD using QB -- due 2011-09-15 -- OPEN
14:32:47 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/track/actions/8
14:32:53 [bhyland]
q?
14:33:05 [boris]
george: action 8 is still ope
14:33:06 [boris]
n
14:33:18 [boris]
TOPIC: Community directory
14:33:48 [boris]
bhyland: one person was on charge of this ... from revelytix
14:34:04 [boris]
... send an email remainder
14:34:09 [boris]
... in progress
14:34:46 [boris]
... anyone want to collaborate?
14:35:28 [bhyland]
q?
14:35:29 [boris]
... anyone wants to help?
14:35:37 [TinaGheen]
q+
14:36:00 [boris]
TinaGheen: no soft. progr.?
14:36:10 [atemezi]
@bhyland: collaborate for ComDir?
14:36:19 [boris]
bhyland: appropiate kind of information ...
14:36:58 [boris]
... objective information, visualization
14:37:11 [boris]
TinaGheen: happy to help
14:37:22 [boris]
ack TinaGheen
14:37:39 [bhyland]
q?
14:37:40 [boris]
TOPIC: Best Practices
14:38:05 [boris]
michael: I was busy, but contribute in the following weeks
14:38:25 [boris]
... initial idea, put the content from the wiki page
14:38:31 [boris]
... to the official document
14:38:43 [boris]
.... no much content on the wiki
14:38:49 [cgueret_work]
shall we add a provenance section to the wiki page?
14:39:51 [boris]
bhyland: reflexion ... we have to work on this ...let's be productive
14:40:16 [olyerickson]
IMHO +1 to "GLD Provenance" section on Wiki but I think @bhyland & @gt should decide ;)
14:41:14 [boris]
bhyland: GLD Provenance in the wiki ...
14:41:24 [gt]
nothing to update from me - feeling the heat under my seat
14:41:26 [mhausenblas]
Michael: See http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Best_Practices_Discussion_Summary
14:42:23 [boris]
olyerickson: sounds good, put some sort of seeds for the Provenance section
14:42:31 [bhyland]
ACTION: olyerickson to plug in "seed" content re: pragmatic provenance into the Best Practices wiki
14:42:31 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-9 - Plug in "seed" content re: pragmatic provenance into the Best Practices wiki [on John Erickson - due 2011-09-29].
14:43:04 [boris]
bhyland: do not close action 5 yet
14:43:26 [olyerickson]
Close Action-5
14:43:27 [trackbot]
ACTION-5 Connect with Stephen Cresswell (UK-TSO) regarding provenance closed
14:43:39 [cgueret_work]
ACTION: cgueret_work to talk with Paul about provenance
14:43:40 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-10 - Talk with Paul about provenance [on Christophe Gueret - due 2011-09-29].
14:43:44 [boris]
TOPIC standard vocabularies
14:43:47 [bhyland]
q?
14:43:47 [bkaempgen]
q+
14:44:00 [cygri]
q+
14:44:24 [boris]
benedict: question regarding semantics statistics workshops, impresions?
14:44:34 [bhyland]
TOPIC: Standard Vocabs for GLD
14:44:55 [boris]
richard: a number of potential things interesting for this WG, but it is early
14:44:56 [bhyland]
cygri: there was a workshop on the intersection of statistical data and sem technologies.
14:45:18 [boris]
... data cube, what is microdata ... metadata for this data collection
14:45:21 [HadleyBeeman]
q+
14:45:28 [olyerickson]
Q: Curious about "standards" for vocab publication. I love Neologism, but seems like DCAT shifted from CTIC -> Neologism -> Plain Old HTML (W3C)
14:45:35 [atemezi]
Lov could be a good starting point for Standard Vocabs
14:45:47 [boris]
cygri: too early to talk about this
14:45:58 [boris]
.... from the data cube side ... nothing much
14:46:22 [bhyland]
cygri: this workshop is nascient at this stage … how to tackle new areas not covered by data cube.
14:46:22 [boris]
... more people interested on data cube ... discussion on how to tackle new areas not covered by data cube
14:46:40 [gt]
discussion with Dan Gillman yesterday (don't think Dan is on this call today), mentioned this event, and sounds as if Richard is making a SKOS convert out of him - but he also talked about some (apparently) agreed 'deficiencies' of SKOS - presumably to be used for extending QB(?)?
14:46:43 [boris]
... was in Germany
14:47:09 [boris]
.... ddi ... is an xml standard
14:47:17 [Zakim]
+ +1.202.691.aakk
14:47:23 [boris]
... people use to describe data files in the services
14:47:37 [mhausenblas]
Michael: Re DDI see http://www.ddialliance.org/
14:47:43 [boris]
.... workshop ... how to connect this community to semantic web
14:48:14 [HadleyBeeman]
q-
14:48:54 [boris]
cygri: one thing ... extending skos?
14:48:57 [bhyland]
q?
14:49:20 [atemezi]
+1 for "extending skos"
14:49:29 [boris]
dan: data documentation initiative, standards, classification schemes ... sdmx, data cube ...
14:50:00 [bhyland]
Dan Gillman: Looking at data documentation standard meets needs with a sprinkle of stat data cube. Addressed the viability of SKOS to meet the needs of social scientists & beyond.
14:50:20 [boris]
... discussion about how to extend skos ....
14:50:28 [boris]
... wrote a report about this
14:50:49 [bhyland]
Dan Gillman: Wrote recommendation/report on the basics. Dan offered to share a copy with this working group.
14:50:54 [bhyland]
q?
14:51:13 [boris]
dan: offers to share the report with us
14:51:33 [boris]
bhyland: thanks for sharing
14:52:02 [boris]
.... send it to the public gld mailing list
14:52:20 [boris]
acks bkaempgen
14:52:22 [bhyland]
ack bkaempgen
14:52:50 [boris]
cygri: no much work on the data cube in the past few weeks
14:53:20 [boris]
... take the specification from googlecode and create a w3c draft
14:53:51 [boris]
... it would be a editors draft ...
14:54:00 [mhausenblas]
Michael: We're using https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/gld/
14:54:08 [bhyland]
cygri: There hasn't been too much concrete progress in the last few weeks in the GLD Vocab Group, but he's planning to start the editor's draft based on existing spec.
14:54:14 [olyerickson]
For the minutes, please specify URL for Data Cube draft (google code)
14:54:39 [cygri]
current data cube draft is here: http://publishing-statistical-data.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/specs/src/main/html/cube.html
14:54:52 [bhyland]
q?
14:54:57 [boris]
bhyland: comment about the status of the WG
14:55:03 [bhyland]
ack cygri
14:55:05 [Zakim]
- +1.919.541.aajj
14:55:06 [boris]
... anyone wants to say sth
14:55:19 [bhyland]
TOPIC: Progress with GLD WG
14:55:53 [bhyland]
cygri: We've gone through the normal WG 'start up phase', now we have to transition to the day to day work of the WG. This needs to happen.
14:55:55 [HadleyBeeman]
q+
14:56:30 [mhausenblas]
Michael: I've updated the Wiki at http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Main_Page#Deliverables to reflect the workspace
14:57:00 [bhyland]
cygri: Don't know if everything on the Deliverables will be done. A lot of interest. There has be interest & energy from within the group to drive it forward, it cannot be the co-chairs.
14:57:07 [olyerickson]
q+
14:57:18 [mhausenblas]
Michael: +1 to what Richard said
14:57:39 [boris]
HadleyBeeman: ... noise
14:57:54 [HadleyBeeman]
deadlines would be great
14:58:02 [HadleyBeeman]
(even if they're aspirational)
14:58:16 [HadleyBeeman]
It's hard to know what to feed into, when. And where our priorities are in any given week.
14:58:46 [boris]
bhyland: put some efforts on the community directory ...
14:59:27 [bhyland]
q?
14:59:33 [HadleyBeeman]
q-
14:59:36 [olyerickson]
ahhh
14:59:48 [boris]
olyerickson: +1 to richard
14:59:49 [olyerickson]
q-
15:00:28 [boris]
bhyland announcements?
15:00:44 [olyerickson]
+1 to great meeting! ;)
15:01:21 [gt]
+1 and thanks Bernadette and Boris - bye all!
15:01:21 [HadleyBeeman]
Thanks, bhyland!
15:01:23 [cgueret_work]
bye
15:01:25 [Zakim]
-olyerickson
15:01:26 [Zakim]
- +1.202.566.aaff
15:01:26 [Zakim]
- +1.202.691.aakk
15:01:27 [Zakim]
-mhausenblas
15:01:27 [Zakim]
-ZacharyWhitley
15:01:27 [Zakim]
-HadleyBeeman
15:01:28 [sandro]
thanks, bhyland !
15:01:29 [Zakim]
-Yigal
15:01:31 [Zakim]
-bhyland
15:01:33 [Zakim]
-Sandro
15:01:35 [Zakim]
-??P52
15:01:37 [Zakim]
-George_Thomas
15:01:41 [Zakim]
-TinaGheen
15:01:43 [Zakim]
-martinAlvarez
15:01:44 [Yigal]
Yigal has left #gld
15:01:45 [boris]
RRSAgent, make minutes
15:01:45 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/09/22-gld-minutes.html boris
15:01:45 [bhyland]
Thank you Boris, please let me know of edits to the scribe "short sheet".
15:01:49 [atemezi]
thanks, bye!!
15:01:57 [martinAlvarez]
martinAlvarez has left #gld
15:02:15 [boris]
thank you bhyland .... you help a lot with the scribbing ...
15:02:59 [bkaempgen]
bkaempgen has joined #gld
15:03:06 [Zakim]
-boris
15:04:59 [Zakim]
-??P31
15:07:22 [boris]
RRSAgent, make minutes
15:07:22 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/09/22-gld-minutes.html boris
15:08:26 [boris]
RRSAgent, set logs world-visible
15:08:49 [boris]
RRSAgent, make minutes
15:08:49 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/09/22-gld-minutes.html boris
15:17:39 [olyerickson]
olyerickson has left #gld
15:35:06 [Zakim]
disconnecting the lone participant, ??P33, in T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM
15:35:14 [Zakim]
T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM has ended
15:35:16 [Zakim]
Attendees were +1.540.898.aaaa, +1.540.645.aabb, +49.133.6.aacc, George_Thomas, +1.240.228.aadd, +1.202.566.aaff, +3539149aagg, mhausenblas, olyerickson, +1.440.389.aahh, Sandro,
15:35:20 [Zakim]
... cygri, boris, HadleyBeeman, bhyland, ZacharyWhitley, Yigal, martinAlvarez, +1.919.541.aajj, TinaGheen, csarven, +1.202.691.aakk
16:16:01 [cygri]
cygri has joined #gld
17:13:29 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #gld
17:29:20 [cygri]
cygri has joined #gld