IRC log of sparql on 2011-09-20

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:00:02 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #sparql
14:00:02 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/09/20-sparql-irc
14:00:04 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
14:00:06 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 77277
14:00:06 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM scheduled to start now
14:00:07 [trackbot]
Meeting: SPARQL Working Group Teleconference
14:00:07 [trackbot]
Date: 20 September 2011
14:00:48 [bglimm]
Zakim, who is on the phone?
14:00:48 [Zakim]
SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM has not yet started, bglimm
14:00:49 [Zakim]
On IRC I see RRSAgent, Zakim, cbuilara, bglimm, AxelPolleres, Olivier, LeeF, iv_an_ru__, SteveH, trackbot, kasei, sandro, NickH, ericP
14:01:32 [AxelPolleres]
agenda: http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/Agenda-2011-09-20
14:01:35 [bglimm]
Is Zakim just slow or should I dial in again to be recognised?
14:01:52 [kasei]
really big echo, Axel
14:02:11 [alex_]
alex_ has joined #sparql
14:02:21 [bglimm]
Zakim, mute me
14:02:21 [Zakim]
sorry, bglimm, I don't know what conference this is
14:02:29 [bglimm]
Zakim, this is SPARQL
14:02:29 [Zakim]
ok, bglimm; that matches SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM
14:02:33 [AxelPolleres]
Zakim, who is talking?
14:02:41 [bglimm]
Zakim, mute me
14:02:41 [Zakim]
sorry, bglimm, I do not know which phone connection belongs to you
14:02:43 [Zakim]
AxelPolleres, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: ??P22 (40%), AxelPolleres (43%)
14:02:51 [Zakim]
+LeeF
14:02:55 [Zakim]
-??P20
14:03:00 [bglimm]
I'll try dialing in again
14:03:03 [Zakim]
-??P22
14:03:06 [Zakim]
+ +3539149aaaa
14:03:14 [alex_]
Zakim, +3539149aaaa is me
14:03:14 [Zakim]
+alex_; got it
14:03:17 [Zakim]
+??P31
14:03:21 [cbuilara]
zakim, ??P31 is me
14:03:21 [Zakim]
+cbuilara; got it
14:03:25 [Zakim]
+??P32
14:03:35 [bglimm]
Zakim, ??P32 is me
14:03:35 [Zakim]
+bglimm; got it
14:03:36 [kasei]
echo again
14:03:39 [bglimm]
Zakim, mute me
14:03:40 [Zakim]
bglimm should now be muted
14:03:42 [alexpassant]
Zakim, scribenick is alexpassant
14:03:42 [Zakim]
sorry, alexpassant, I do not recognize a party named 'scribenick'
14:03:51 [AxelPolleres]
topic: admin
14:04:01 [alexpassant]
AxelPolleres: topic: admin
14:04:04 [kasei]
scribenick: alexpassant
14:04:10 [alexpassant]
... approving minutes from last week
14:04:17 [AxelPolleres]
PROPOSED: Approve minutes at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2011-09-13
14:04:41 [AxelPolleres]
RESOLVED: Approve minutes at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2011-09-13
14:05:08 [alexpassant]
... next week scribe is cbuilara
14:05:32 [alexpassant]
... item: liaisons with RDF WG
14:05:45 [alexpassant]
... no update
14:05:57 [alexpassant]
... status of unpublished documents
14:06:03 [alexpassant]
... 1) fed query
14:06:30 [AxelPolleres]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2011JulSep/0263.html
14:07:05 [AxelPolleres]
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/fed/service
14:07:11 [alexpassant]
cbuilara: this is the last version of the doc
14:08:05 [alexpassant]
... current problem on evaluate IRIs
14:09:29 [alexpassant]
... will send comments to the list
14:09:36 [kasei]
q+
14:09:55 [alexpassant]
kasei: doesn't address the long running concern
14:10:08 [alexpassant]
... semantics says that's an error if it's not a IRI
14:10:33 [alexpassant]
... no way to get to the "executetion fails" branch based on the current algebra
14:10:47 [alexpassant]
... cannot see how to describe (sec4) when it's not a IRI
14:11:54 [alexpassant]
... there's no way to get to the error case (as in AxelPolleres' email)
14:12:23 [alexpassant]
AxelPolleres: I was assuming that's a IRI
14:15:15 [Zakim]
-cbuilara
14:15:56 [AxelPolleres]
Is anybody still around?
14:16:03 [Zakim]
+??P21
14:16:08 [cbuilara]
zakim, ??P21 is me
14:16:08 [Zakim]
+cbuilara; got it
14:17:30 [AxelPolleres]
within 2-3 weeks we should hopefully have a complete draft.
14:17:34 [alex_]
alex_ has joined #sparql
14:18:11 [LeeF]
AxelPolleres: protocol status?
14:18:18 [LeeF]
LeeF: Greg did a bunch of work to add update exampels to the document
14:18:34 [alexpassant]
AxelPolleres: no updates on other documents
14:18:34 [LeeF]
LeeF: the next significant step is to implement the apparent consensus on dataset parameters for update queries
14:18:45 [LeeF]
LeeF: then a bunch of loose ends to tie up
14:18:52 [LeeF]
LeeF: hopeful that we can have a complete draft in 2 or 3 weeks
14:19:21 [alexpassant]
... topic: progress on test suite
14:19:30 [AxelPolleres]
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/TestSuiteCoverage
14:20:01 [alexpassant]
... actions on coverage for query test cases by greg
14:20:09 [alexpassant]
kasei: gone through them
14:20:14 [alexpassant]
... big action
14:20:21 [alexpassant]
... hesitant to close it - but happy with them
14:21:37 [alexpassant]
AxelPolleres: tempted to close this if no more volunteer
14:21:45 [alexpassant]
... best effort to cover the test cases
14:21:52 [kasei]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2011JulSep/0184.html
14:22:13 [alexpassant]
... functions are also covered
14:23:28 [alexpassant]
... need to check coverage of errors in aggregate evaluation
14:23:36 [AxelPolleres]
Zakim, pick a victim
14:23:36 [Zakim]
Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose LeeF
14:23:36 [Olivier]
I can have a look
14:24:31 [AxelPolleres]
ACTION: Olivier to check Query test cases coverage in terms of errors in aggregate evaluation and positiveEXISTS tests
14:24:32 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-531 - Check Query test cases coverage in terms of errors in aggregate evaluation and positiveEXISTS tests [on Olivier Corby - due 2011-09-27].
14:24:47 [AxelPolleres]
close ACTION-494
14:24:47 [trackbot]
ACTION-494 Check coverage on query test cases. closed
14:25:56 [AxelPolleres]
leave ACTION-495 continued, until we have protocol doccompleted
14:26:15 [alexpassant]
... next: test for graph store protocol
14:26:22 [AxelPolleres]
leave ACTION-496 continued
14:26:54 [bglimm]
Zakim, unmmute me
14:26:54 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'unmmute me', bglimm
14:27:10 [bglimm]
Zakim, unmute me
14:27:10 [Zakim]
bglimm should no longer be muted
14:27:21 [bglimm]
Zakim, mute me
14:27:22 [Zakim]
bglimm should now be muted
14:27:48 [AxelPolleres]
ACTIONS 518 and 519 also continued
14:27:50 [alexpassant]
alexpassant: no progress yet on update tc
14:28:07 [alexpassant]
AxelPolleres: need to keep action open on SILENT
14:28:59 [alexpassant]
... action on Olivier
14:29:08 [alexpassant]
Olivier: done action - found 2 small errors in queries
14:29:16 [Olivier]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2011JulSep/0203.html
14:29:18 [alexpassant]
... SILENT was not in the query but in the manifest
14:30:20 [AxelPolleres]
close ACTION-523
14:30:20 [trackbot]
ACTION-523 Look into test cases at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/tests/data-sparql11/update-silent/ for approval next time. closed
14:31:04 [AxelPolleres]
ACTION-517: Axel to take ACTION523 into account for completion of this action
14:31:04 [trackbot]
ACTION-517 Look into negative evaluation tests and "silent success test" possibility for update tests. notes added
14:31:34 [kasei]
I'm going to try to deal with 527 today
14:31:39 [alexpassant]
AxelPolleres: no more actions on test cases
14:31:44 [alexpassant]
... check remaining open actions
14:31:51 [alexpassant]
... old actions that we may close
14:32:24 [LeeF]
ACTION-276?
14:32:24 [trackbot]
ACTION-276 -- Lee Feigenbaum to find out whether the scripts for auto-generating http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/tests/r2 are reusable? -- due 2010-07-07 -- OPEN
14:32:25 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/track/actions/276
14:32:40 [alexpassant]
... TC overview, any script to autogenerate
14:32:54 [alexpassant]
LeeF: probably more productive to start with kasei stuff
14:33:03 [alexpassant]
... summarize the TC
14:33:08 [alexpassant]
kasei: current one is reading manifest
14:33:26 [alexpassant]
... would be trivial if we rely on the dependency chain
14:33:51 [LeeF]
thanks, Greg
14:33:59 [AxelPolleres]
close ACTION-276
14:33:59 [trackbot]
ACTION-276 Find out whether the scripts for auto-generating http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/tests/r2 are reusable? closed
14:34:39 [AxelPolleres]
ACTION: greg to look into how to generate a script that auto-generates a test cases overview page like we had for http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/tests/r2
14:34:39 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-532 - Look into how to generate a script that auto-generates a test cases overview page like we had for http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/tests/r2 [on Gregory Williams - due 2011-09-27].
14:35:20 [LeeF]
ACTION-290?
14:35:20 [trackbot]
ACTION-290 -- Lee Feigenbaum to make sure that the relationship between SPARQL protocol and HTTP protocol is clearly laid out before Last Call -- due 2010-08-17 -- OPEN
14:35:20 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/track/actions/290
14:35:22 [alexpassant]
AxelPolleres: progress on the protocol, still open issue ? (action 290)
14:35:35 [alexpassant]
LeeF: should go in the overview document
14:36:28 [AxelPolleres]
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/sparql11-overview/Overview.xml
14:36:54 [AxelPolleres]
ACTION: Axel to add a link to the overview do to the wiki and check whether we link to latest WDs in general
14:36:55 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-533 - Add a link to the overview do to the wiki and check whether we link to latest WDs in general [on Axel Polleres - due 2011-09-27].
14:37:32 [alexpassant]
AxelPolleres: pending action on adding a disclaimer to the SPARUL submission
14:37:37 [alexpassant]
LeeF: trouble finding a consensus
14:37:51 [alexpassant]
... google now provides the correct link first
14:37:56 [alexpassant]
... maybe that's enough
14:38:08 [alexpassant]
AxelPolleres: find with that
14:38:43 [AxelPolleres]
clsoe ACTION-296
14:39:18 [LeeF]
close ACTION-290
14:39:19 [trackbot]
ACTION-290 Make sure that the relationship between SPARQL protocol and HTTP protocol is clearly laid out before Last Call closed
14:39:21 [LeeF]
close ACTION-296
14:39:21 [trackbot]
ACTION-296 to suggest a wording for a disclaimer text for the SPARQL update member submission closed
14:40:23 [LeeF]
ACTION-292?
14:40:23 [trackbot]
ACTION-292 -- Lee Feigenbaum to make sure text on transactionality/concurrency gets added to protocol document -- due 2010-08-17 -- OPEN
14:40:23 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/track/actions/292
14:40:31 [alexpassant]
... one more about concurrency on the protocol
14:41:15 [AxelPolleres]
close ACTION-271
14:41:16 [trackbot]
ACTION-271 Collect initial update test cases and put them in CVS in manifest format. closed
14:41:45 [AxelPolleres]
close ACTION-296
14:41:45 [trackbot]
ACTION-296 to suggest a wording for a disclaimer text for the SPARQL update member submission closed
14:42:16 [AxelPolleres]
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/track/actions/366
14:42:54 [LeeF]
ACTION-366?
14:42:54 [trackbot]
ACTION-366 -- Lee Feigenbaum to remind Sandro about registering JSON & Update MIME types, and checking on the Query and XML format status -- due 2011-01-25 -- OPEN
14:42:54 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/track/actions/366
14:42:56 [alexpassant]
LeeF: need to ask sandro about mime types
14:44:33 [AxelPolleres]
close ACTION-373
14:44:33 [trackbot]
ACTION-373 Look at subquery tests closed
14:44:56 [alexpassant]
AxelPolleres: JSON format - done
14:44:56 [AxelPolleres]
close ACTION-386
14:44:57 [trackbot]
ACTION-386 Email to W3C to get shortname approved for JSON result doc closed
14:45:54 [AxelPolleres]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg-comments/2011Feb/0018.html
14:49:49 [AxelPolleres]
ACTION: greg to answer http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg-comments/2011Feb/0018.html stating that we have addressed this comment in spirit.
14:49:49 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-534 - Answer http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg-comments/2011Feb/0018.html stating that we have addressed this comment in spirit. [on Gregory Williams - due 2011-09-27].
14:50:05 [AxelPolleres]
close ACTION-400
14:50:06 [trackbot]
ACTION-400 Look into whether testcase manifests could be split as suggested in http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg-comments/2011Feb/0018.html closed
14:51:12 [AxelPolleres]
close ACTION-402
14:51:12 [trackbot]
ACTION-402 Take care of RV-7 closed
14:51:51 [LeeF]
can't hear you, Axel
14:51:54 [alexpassant]
AxelPolleres: action re. the overview document
14:52:10 [LeeF]
ACTION-412?
14:52:10 [trackbot]
ACTION-412 -- Lee Feigenbaum to make sure overview document is clear about (non-)relationship between service description and rdf dataset http protocol -- due 2011-03-22 -- OPEN
14:52:10 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/track/actions/412
14:52:25 [alexpassant]
LeeF: happy to close
14:52:33 [AxelPolleres]
close ACTION412
14:52:36 [AxelPolleres]
close ACTION-412
14:52:37 [trackbot]
ACTION-412 Make sure overview document is clear about (non-)relationship between service description and rdf dataset http protocol closed
14:53:26 [kasei]
if is one of the things that stradles the border of "functions"
14:53:34 [kasei]
there are 2 IF tests already
14:53:40 [LeeF]
oh ok
14:53:53 [AxelPolleres]
close ACTION-424
14:53:54 [trackbot]
ACTION-424 Follow-up and make sure we get IF() tests closed
14:54:32 [AxelPolleres]
close ACTION-441
14:54:33 [trackbot]
ACTION-441 Follow-up with Andy and Chime about running entailment test cases closed
14:55:39 [kasei]
q+ can I have a minute or two to ask about ACTION-504?
14:55:45 [AxelPolleres]
close ACTION-462
14:55:45 [trackbot]
ACTION-462 Draft an informative example for interplay of bindings and service ... to be added post LC closed
14:56:03 [AxelPolleres]
close ACTION-469
14:56:03 [trackbot]
ACTION-469 Coordinate publication of JSON results LC with Andy and Sandro closed
14:56:48 [AxelPolleres]
close ACTION-470
14:56:49 [trackbot]
ACTION-470 Coordinate publication of federated query LC with Carlos and Sandro closed
14:57:42 [kasei]
q+ to ask about ACTION-504
14:58:22 [AxelPolleres]
close ACTION-475
14:58:22 [trackbot]
ACTION-475 Look at SERVICE tests closed
14:58:28 [AxelPolleres]
close ACTION-476
14:58:28 [trackbot]
ACTION-476 Talk to w3 systems team about hosting two simple sparql endpoints for testing SERVICE closed
14:59:27 [alexpassant]
kasei: no familiarity with relax-ng so more confortable if someone can make the change
15:00:47 [AxelPolleres]
ACTION: axel to look into where we take it from ACTION-504 (need someone to update schema files as well)
15:00:47 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-535 - Look into where we take it from ACTION-504 (need someone to update schema files as well) [on Axel Polleres - due 2011-09-27].
15:01:37 [bglimm]
bye
15:01:44 [Zakim]
-bglimm
15:01:52 [Zakim]
-Vivien
15:01:58 [Zakim]
-cbuilara
15:02:02 [Zakim]
-kasei
15:02:04 [Zakim]
-alex_
15:02:04 [AxelPolleres]
axel: I am at risk next week
15:02:08 [Zakim]
-LeeF
15:02:09 [AxelPolleres]
adjourned
15:02:44 [AxelPolleres]
rrsagent, make records public
15:02:53 [Zakim]
-AxelPolleres
15:02:54 [Zakim]
SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM has ended
15:02:55 [Zakim]
Attendees were kasei, Vivien, AxelPolleres, LeeF, alex_, cbuilara, bglimm
15:04:36 [alexpassant]
rssagent, generate minutes
15:04:49 [alexpassant]
RRSAgent, generate minutes
15:04:49 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/09/20-sparql-minutes.html alexpassant
15:17:13 [alex_]
alex_ has joined #sparql
15:23:17 [alex_]
alex_ has joined #sparql
17:20:51 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #sparql
19:24:06 [alex]
alex has joined #sparql