IRC log of RDB2RDF on 2011-09-20

Timestamps are in UTC.

16:00:38 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #RDB2RDF
16:00:38 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/09/20-RDB2RDF-irc
16:00:40 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
16:00:42 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 7322733
16:00:42 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see SW_RDB2RDF()12:00PM scheduled to start now
16:00:43 [trackbot]
Meeting: RDB2RDF Working Group Teleconference
16:00:43 [trackbot]
Date: 20 September 2011
16:00:57 [Ashok]
zakim, who is on the phone?
16:00:57 [Zakim]
SW_RDB2RDF()12:00PM has not yet started, Ashok
16:00:58 [Zakim]
On IRC I see RRSAgent, Zakim, Marcelo, seema, boris, juansequeda, mhausenblas, Ashok, cygri, MacTed, LeeF, iv_an_ru__, trackbot, ericP
16:01:04 [mhausenblas]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdb2rdf-wg/2011Sep/0056.html
16:01:16 [mhausenblas]
Chair: Michael
16:01:23 [mhausenblas]
scribenick: mhausenblas
16:02:01 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
16:02:01 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/09/20-RDB2RDF-minutes.html mhausenblas
16:02:07 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, make logs public
16:02:20 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, who's here?
16:02:20 [Zakim]
SW_RDB2RDF()12:00PM has not yet started, mhausenblas
16:02:21 [Zakim]
On IRC I see RRSAgent, Zakim, Marcelo, seema, boris, juansequeda, mhausenblas, Ashok, cygri, MacTed, LeeF, iv_an_ru__, trackbot, ericP
16:02:23 [cygri_]
cygri_ has joined #rdb2rdf
16:02:28 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, this is SW_RDB2RDF
16:02:28 [Zakim]
ok, mhausenblas; that matches SW_RDB2RDF()12:00PM
16:02:33 [Zakim]
+ +1.562.686.aaaa
16:02:48 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, aaaa is Marcelo
16:02:49 [Zakim]
+Marcelo; got it
16:02:55 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, who's here?
16:02:55 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Ashok_Malhotra, boris, mhausenblas, EricP, Marcelo
16:02:56 [Zakim]
On IRC I see cygri_, RRSAgent, Zakim, Marcelo, seema, boris, juansequeda, mhausenblas, Ashok, cygri, MacTed, LeeF, iv_an_ru__, trackbot, ericP
16:03:04 [mhausenblas]
present+ Ashok
16:03:08 [mhausenblas]
present+ Boris
16:03:11 [mhausenblas]
present+ Eric
16:03:15 [mhausenblas]
present+ Marcelo
16:03:19 [mhausenblas]
present+ Michael
16:03:24 [mhausenblas]
present+ Richard
16:03:30 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, cygri is with me
16:03:30 [Zakim]
+cygri; got it
16:03:36 [mhausenblas]
regrets+ Dave
16:04:08 [Zakim]
+seema
16:04:16 [mhausenblas]
present+ Seema
16:04:30 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
16:04:30 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/09/20-RDB2RDF-minutes.html mhausenblas
16:04:51 [Souri]
Souri has joined #rdb2rdf
16:04:55 [Zakim]
+Souri
16:05:02 [mhausenblas]
present+ Souri
16:05:28 [mhausenblas]
Topic: Admin
16:05:34 [Zakim]
+juansequeda
16:05:50 [mhausenblas]
present+ Juan
16:05:56 [mhausenblas]
PROPOSAL: Accept the minutes of last meeting http://www.w3.org/2011/09/13-RDB2RDF-minutes.html
16:06:05 [Zakim]
+OpenLink_Software
16:06:11 [MacTed]
Zakim, OpenLink_Software is temporarily me
16:06:11 [Zakim]
+MacTed; got it
16:06:13 [MacTed]
Zakim, mute me
16:06:13 [Zakim]
MacTed should now be muted
16:06:27 [mhausenblas]
RESOLUTION: Accept the minutes of last meeting http://www.w3.org/2011/09/13-RDB2RDF-minutes.html
16:06:35 [mhausenblas]
Topic: Open actions
16:06:40 [mhausenblas]
ACTION-140?
16:06:41 [trackbot]
ACTION-140 -- Boris Villazón-Terrazas to produce an RDF Schema representation of the R2RML vocabulary terms. -- due 2011-09-20 -- OPEN
16:06:41 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/rdb2rdf/track/actions/140
16:06:52 [MacTed]
Zakim, who's noisy?
16:07:02 [Zakim]
MacTed, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: boris (40%), mhausenblas (5%), Marcelo (49%)
16:07:13 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, mute Marcelo
16:07:13 [Zakim]
Marcelo should now be muted
16:07:34 [mhausenblas]
Boris: I sent the stuff to Ivan
16:07:49 [mhausenblas]
Michael: Ivan is on travel, so it might take a couple of days
16:08:30 [mhausenblas]
close ACTION-140
16:08:31 [trackbot]
ACTION-140 Produce an RDF Schema representation of the R2RML vocabulary terms. closed
16:08:48 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: Boris to create RDFa representation of R2RML vocab
16:08:48 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-159 - Create RDFa representation of R2RML vocab [on Boris Villazón-Terrazas - due 2011-09-27].
16:08:52 [mhausenblas]
ACTION-156?
16:08:52 [trackbot]
ACTION-156 -- Boris Villazón-Terrazas to update term map diagram with rr:constant -- due 2011-09-20 -- OPEN
16:08:52 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/rdb2rdf/track/actions/156
16:10:00 [mhausenblas]
close ACTION-156
16:10:01 [trackbot]
ACTION-156 Update term map diagram with rr:constant closed
16:10:09 [mhausenblas]
Topic: Last Call handling
16:10:16 [mhausenblas]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/rdb2rdf/wiki/Last_Call
16:11:01 [mhausenblas]
Michael: comments will come in via http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdb2rdf-comments/
16:12:27 [mhausenblas]
Michael: the LC docs are now online via http://www.w3.org/TR/r2rml/
16:12:35 [nunolopes]
nunolopes has joined #RDB2RDF
16:12:44 [mhausenblas]
... and http://www.w3.org/TR/rdb-direct-mapping/
16:12:48 [nunolopes]
Zakim, nunolopes is with mhausenblas
16:12:48 [Zakim]
+nunolopes; got it
16:13:27 [Ashok]
Congratulations to the WG!
16:13:30 [ericP]
q+ to describe the low-ball approach of just using the mailing list
16:13:38 [mhausenblas]
ack ericP
16:13:38 [Zakim]
ericP, you wanted to describe the low-ball approach of just using the mailing list
16:13:59 [Ashok]
Thanks to the editors and others for all the hard work!
16:14:03 [juansequeda]
q+ to ask shouldn't the document state "Last Call" instead of "Working Draft"?
16:14:08 [mhausenblas]
Eric: one way to do this is to track stuff in the mailing list
16:14:23 [mhausenblas]
q?
16:14:41 [juansequeda]
q-
16:15:21 [mhausenblas]
Eric: some will do one issue per mail, other may not
16:16:21 [mhausenblas]
Ashok: So, we don't have to create issues for the comments
16:16:44 [mhausenblas]
Eric: no, esp. not for simple editorial stuff, rest has to be discussed
16:20:14 [mhausenblas]
Michael: I'd like to provide appropriate, in-time responses
16:20:59 [mhausenblas]
Eric: Agreed, within a couple of days is fine
16:21:15 [cygri]
q+
16:22:00 [mhausenblas]
Eric: I suggest that the one of the Editors of the respective document gets back to the person who provides feedback within three days
16:22:07 [mhausenblas]
ack cygri
16:22:39 [mhausenblas]
Richard: I roughly agree with Eric
16:22:50 [mhausenblas]
q?
16:23:14 [mhausenblas]
... for editorial issues, we try to fix is, for others Editors raise and issue
16:23:46 [mhausenblas]
Ashok: Separate product
16:24:29 [mhausenblas]
Richard: we can reuse R2RML and DM
16:26:04 [mhausenblas]
Michael: http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/rdb2rdf/r2rml/WD-r2rml-20110920/ and http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/rdb2rdf/directMapping/WD-rdb-direct-mapping-20110920/
16:26:37 [ericP]
lots of comments will be from folks who either have not noticed answer in the spec (at least in the view of the editors).
16:26:44 [ericP]
in these cases, the solution is often answering the comment by quoting from the spec.
16:26:47 [ericP]
these sometimes result in editorial clarifications in the document.
16:27:41 [Ashok]
Yes, there will be many minor comments based on misunderstandings
16:30:58 [cygri]
Souri: cvs up -d
16:33:09 [mhausenblas]
Richard: I had a look at the changes
16:33:25 [mhausenblas]
... thanks for making improvements
16:33:38 [mhausenblas]
... I noted some troublesome things
16:34:05 [mhausenblas]
... how to handle it?
16:35:29 [ericP]
juansequeda, Marcelo, the xmlspec xslt would have to be tweaked a lot to produce valid HTML.
16:35:32 [Zakim]
-juansequeda
16:35:37 [ericP]
i think the xmlspec-ness has been useful, but for minor changes, i think we're fine just working with an HTML version copied from the pub'd doc.
16:35:45 [ericP]
y'all down with that?
16:35:56 [Zakim]
+juansequeda
16:36:23 [mhausenblas]
Richard: seems multiple predicate map have gone
16:37:28 [mhausenblas]
q?
16:38:23 [mhausenblas]
Michael: I guess it boils down to the question: should WG members write LC comments via http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdb2rdf-comments/ or not?
16:39:34 [mhausenblas]
Eric: not a clear process here
16:41:55 [Souri]
The second WD seems to have it as a single PredicateMap, single ObjectMap per PredicateObjectMap: http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/WD-r2rml-20110324/#TriplesMapClass_predicateObjectMap_Property
16:41:55 [mhausenblas]
Ashok: People from the WG should also use the official route via public-rdb2rdf-comments
16:42:29 [ericP]
well, that reflects a natural tention between perfection and immediacy
16:45:45 [mhausenblas]
PROPOSAL: For all LC comments that come on via via public-rdb2rdf-comments@w3 till 1 Nov, one of the doc Editor reacts within (ideally) three days, creating issues in the tracker for non-editorial issues. The same procedure applies for WG memberss.
16:46:18 [ericP]
sparql, first and foremost
16:46:21 [Souri]
s/memberss/members/
16:47:50 [Souri]
In DAWG, if I remember correctly, comments from WG members did not go into the publick comments list
16:48:02 [Souri]
s/publick/public/
16:48:54 [mhausenblas]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/rdb2rdf/wiki/Last_Call#Transition_Notice_to_W3C
16:49:26 [cygri]
+1
16:49:29 [boris]
+1
16:49:47 [mhausenblas]
RESOLUTION: For all LC comments that come on via via public-rdb2rdf-comments@w3 till 1 Nov, one of the doc Editor reacts within (ideally) three days, creating issues in the tracker for non-editorial issues. The same procedure applies for WG members
16:50:51 [cygri]
q+ to ask about slides
16:51:01 [mhausenblas]
Michael: let's do outreach
16:51:07 [mhausenblas]
ack cygri
16:51:07 [Zakim]
cygri, you wanted to ask about slides
16:51:26 [Ashok]
Good suggestion re. slide set
16:51:55 [mhausenblas]
Richard: are there slide set?
16:51:58 [mhausenblas]
Michael: http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/rdb2rdf/wiki/Main_Page#Presentations.2C_Outreach_and_Tutorials
16:52:49 [mhausenblas]
Michael: Good point, let's collect slide sets a the above Wiki location
16:52:52 [mhausenblas]
q?
16:53:29 [ericP]
there are some relevent slides starting around http://www.w3.org/2011/Talks/0628-kcap-egp/#(5)
16:53:29 [mhausenblas]
Michael: next week myself and Richard will be on travel, regrets in advance
16:53:50 [mhausenblas]
Ashok: I can chair, next week, yes
16:54:26 [mhausenblas]
Michael: I think we should focus implementations and TC
16:54:36 [mhausenblas]
... see http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/rdb2rdf/wiki/Implementations
16:54:57 [mhausenblas]
Michael: I'll prepare the agenda in advance
16:55:12 [Marcelo]
Zakim, unmute Marcelo
16:55:13 [Zakim]
Marcelo should no longer be muted
16:55:14 [Zakim]
-mhausenblas
16:55:17 [Zakim]
-Souri
16:55:19 [Zakim]
-Ashok_Malhotra
16:55:21 [Zakim]
-seema
16:55:22 [Zakim]
-boris
16:55:28 [mhausenblas]
[meeting adjourned]
16:55:33 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
16:55:33 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/09/20-RDB2RDF-minutes.html mhausenblas
16:56:46 [nunolopes]
nunolopes has joined #RDB2RDF
16:57:51 [mhausenblas]
trackbot, end telecon
16:57:52 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
16:57:52 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been Ashok_Malhotra, boris, mhausenblas, EricP, +1.562.686.aaaa, Marcelo, cygri, seema, Souri, juansequeda, MacTed, nunolopes
16:57:52 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
16:57:52 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/09/20-RDB2RDF-minutes.html trackbot
16:57:54 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
16:57:54 [RRSAgent]
I see 1 open action item saved in http://www.w3.org/2011/09/20-RDB2RDF-actions.rdf :
16:57:54 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Boris to create RDFa representation of R2RML vocab [1]
16:57:54 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/09/20-RDB2RDF-irc#T16-08-48