IRC log of sparql on 2011-09-13

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:57:52 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #sparql
13:57:52 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/09/13-sparql-irc
13:57:54 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
13:57:54 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #sparql
13:57:56 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 77277
13:57:56 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM scheduled to start in 3 minutes
13:57:57 [trackbot]
Meeting: SPARQL Working Group Teleconference
13:57:57 [trackbot]
Date: 13 September 2011
13:58:06 [sandro]
kasei, definitely worth talking about explicitely.
13:58:24 [AxelPolleres]
agenda: http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/Agenda-2011-09-13
13:58:34 [AxelPolleres]
chair: Axel Polleres
13:58:50 [AxelPolleres]
regrets: Alexandre Passant, Paul Gearon (at risk)
13:58:52 [cbuilara]
cbuilara has joined #sparql
13:58:57 [Zakim]
SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM has now started
13:59:04 [Zakim]
+kasei
13:59:11 [Zakim]
+Sandro
13:59:20 [swh]
swh has joined #sparql
13:59:21 [Zakim]
+ +34.56.97565.aaaa
13:59:31 [cbuilara]
zakim, +aaaa is me
13:59:31 [Zakim]
sorry, cbuilara, I do not recognize a party named '+aaaa'
13:59:35 [Zakim]
+ +49.897.aabb
14:00:03 [AndyS]
Sure, it's compliant. We only define what SPARQL is. You can offer other services as well.
14:00:05 [cbuilara]
zakim, ?34.56.97565.aaaa is me
14:00:05 [Zakim]
sorry, cbuilara, I do not recognize a party named '?34.56.97565.aaaa'
14:00:05 [AxelPolleres]
zakim, aabb is me
14:00:06 [Zakim]
+AxelPolleres; got it
14:00:18 [cbuilara]
zakim, aaaa is me
14:00:18 [Zakim]
+cbuilara; got it
14:00:18 [NickH]
appologies, I am going to miss this call due to another meeting
14:00:37 [AxelPolleres]
andy, would you be in a position to scribe?
14:00:41 [chimezie]
chimezie has joined #sparql
14:00:44 [Zakim]
+??P8
14:00:51 [AndyS]
zakim, ??P8 is me
14:00:52 [Zakim]
+AndyS; got it
14:00:55 [MattPerry]
MattPerry has joined #sparql
14:00:57 [chimezie]
Zakim, what is the passcode?
14:00:57 [Zakim]
the conference code is 77277 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 sip:zakim@voip.w3.org), chimezie
14:00:59 [Zakim]
+??P12
14:01:00 [Zakim]
+Alex
14:01:08 [swh]
Zakim, ??P12 is me
14:01:09 [Zakim]
+swh; got it
14:01:20 [AndyS]
I can scribe - may be a bit noise-keyboard here -
14:01:34 [Zakim]
+ +1.603.897.aacc
14:01:47 [MattPerry]
zakim, aacc is me
14:01:48 [Zakim]
+MattPerry; got it
14:02:07 [AndyS]
scribe: Andy
14:02:08 [LeeF]
LeeF has joined #sparql
14:02:16 [AndyS]
scribenick: AndyS
14:02:18 [Zakim]
+ +1.216.368.aadd
14:02:22 [Zakim]
-cbuilara
14:02:31 [AndyS]
topic: Admin
14:02:31 [AxelPolleres]
zakim, who is on the phone?
14:02:35 [chimezie]
Zakim, +1.216.368.aadd is me
14:02:38 [Zakim]
On the phone I see kasei, Sandro, AxelPolleres, AndyS, swh, Alex, MattPerry, +1.216.368.aadd
14:02:42 [Zakim]
+chimezie; got it
14:02:54 [Zakim]
+LeeF
14:02:58 [Zakim]
+??P21
14:02:58 [chimezie]
Zakim, mute me
14:02:59 [Zakim]
chimezie should now be muted
14:03:03 [cbuilara]
zakim, ??P21 is me
14:03:03 [Zakim]
+cbuilara; got it
14:03:16 [bglimm]
bglimm has joined #sparql
14:03:32 [AndyS]
Telecon series reboot after the "summer"
14:03:50 [AxelPolleres]
PROPOSED: Approve minutes at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2011-08-23
14:04:11 [AxelPolleres]
RESOLVED: Approve minutes at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2011-08-23
14:04:14 [Zakim]
+ +49.731.502.aaee
14:04:27 [bglimm]
Zakim, 49.731.502.aaee is me
14:04:28 [Zakim]
sorry, bglimm, I do not recognize a party named '49.731.502.aaee'
14:04:33 [bglimm]
Zakim, +49.731.502.aaee is me
14:04:33 [Zakim]
+bglimm; got it
14:04:34 [AndyS]
Next regular meeting: 2011-09-20 @ 15:00 UK / 10:00 EST
14:04:39 [bglimm]
Zakim, mute me
14:04:39 [Zakim]
bglimm should now be muted
14:05:19 [AxelPolleres]
Andy: current RDF issues are on a poll on lang tagged literals, syntax issues.
14:05:20 [AndyS]
topic: RDF coordination
14:05:58 [AndyS]
1/ Lang tag literals poll happening
14:06:16 [AndyS]
2/ Desire for work on graphs and graph terminology
14:06:49 [AndyS]
3/ No progress on Turtle syntax
14:09:41 [AndyS]
Critical issues is WG note in query LC doc
14:09:41 [AxelPolleres]
Andy: all abstract model issue can go to the compatibility document, but we need the issues in the red boxes in our LC draft fixed.
14:09:56 [AndyS]
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/query-1.1/rq25.xml#Grammar
14:10:06 [AxelPolleres]
topic: publications
14:10:24 [AndyS]
Correction: http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/query-1.1/rq25.xml#grammar
14:10:57 [AndyS]
Topic: Publications
14:11:15 [AndyS]
JSON, CSV/TSV can publish today
14:11:37 [AndyS]
Sandro: just JSON
14:11:42 [AndyS]
... not CSV/TSV
14:12:04 [AndyS]
Axel: Prefer to publish together ... JSON and CSV/TSV
14:12:21 [AndyS]
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/csv-tsv-results/WD-csv-tsv-2011-08.html
14:12:44 [AndyS]
Editors working copy: http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/csv-tsv-results/results-csv-tsv.html
14:13:17 [AxelPolleres]
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2011-07-26#resolution_2
14:14:13 [AndyS]
Axel to send Sandro the confirmation email.
14:14:31 [AndyS]
Sandro: will try to get these out today or Thursday.
14:14:39 [AndyS]
Axel: Announcements ...
14:15:15 [AndyS]
Sandro: auto to W3C front page, nowhere else. I will ping the WG when it's on the W3C home page.
14:15:34 [AndyS]
Axel: I can then send to semantic-web@w3c.org
14:15:44 [AxelPolleres]
ACTION; Axel to announce publications on semantic web list as soon as they're out
14:16:05 [AxelPolleres]
ACTION: Axel to announce publications on semantic web list as soon as they're out
14:16:06 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-529 - Announce publications on semantic web list as soon as they're out [on Axel Polleres - due 2011-09-20].
14:16:23 [AndyS]
Topic: Federated query
14:16:35 [AndyS]
... pending publication
14:17:16 [AndyS]
... status?
14:17:42 [AndyS]
See action 514 -- http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/track/actions/514
14:18:22 [AndyS]
Carlos; Mostly complete, outstanding Q on IRIs in SERVICE : what to do on error.
14:18:44 [cbuilara]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2011JulSep/0221.html
14:18:56 [AndyS]
Axel: was going to look at this - not done yet - will do soon
14:20:32 [AndyS]
greg: Big issues - needs sorting before LC
14:20:38 [AndyS]
greg: Big issue - needs sorting before LC
14:20:53 [AndyS]
Topic: Overview document
14:21:52 [AndyS]
Axel: some work needed
14:22:39 [AndyS]
... publish as FPWD
14:22:49 [AndyS]
... with not all comments incorporated
14:23:08 [AndyS]
... can't guanantee to do all in next week
14:23:13 [AndyS]
... this is not LC
14:24:19 [AndyS]
Topic: Protocol
14:24:27 [AndyS]
Lee: Work in progress
14:24:56 [AndyS]
Axel: schedule? Can we do a joint publication with the other docs?
14:25:22 [AndyS]
Lee: unsure about finding time to do the work ... next week would be "at risk"
14:26:08 [AndyS]
Topic: Other docs, other issues
14:26:44 [AndyS]
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/Comments
14:28:50 [AndyS]
SteveH: no noted critical issues for query/aggregation
14:29:10 [AndyS]
AndyS: Some issues in email -- need WG discussion and decisions
14:29:48 [AxelPolleres]
ACTION: axel to check update comments (with paul/alex) and summarize critical issues, if any on mail
14:29:49 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-530 - Check update comments (with paul/alex) and summarize critical issues, if any on mail [on Axel Polleres - due 2011-09-20].
14:29:56 [AndyS]
Axel: Will check update comments
14:30:04 [bglimm]
muted
14:30:08 [AndyS]
axel: Entailment?
14:30:09 [bglimm]
ZAkim, unmute me
14:30:09 [Zakim]
bglimm should no longer be muted
14:30:18 [bglimm]
Zakim, mute me
14:30:18 [Zakim]
bglimm should now be muted
14:30:24 [bglimm]
Zakim, unmute me
14:30:24 [Zakim]
bglimm should no longer be muted
14:30:58 [AndyS]
Michael Schneider comments ... email sent to WG
14:31:55 [AxelPolleres]
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/CommentResponse:MS-4
14:32:03 [AndyS]
Birte: MS-4 -- MUST -> SHOULD change
14:34:06 [AndyS]
.. issue is cost of "must" detection and explaining to users
14:37:00 [Zakim]
+pgearon
14:45:21 [AndyS]
(discussion about D-entailment and datatype map)
14:46:51 [bglimm]
Zakim, mute me
14:46:51 [Zakim]
bglimm should now be muted
14:46:56 [AndyS]
Axel: Service description?
14:47:10 [chimezie]
Zakim, unmute me
14:47:10 [Zakim]
chimezie should no longer be muted
14:47:18 [AndyS]
kasei: a couple of outstanding comments - nothing critical
14:47:55 [AndyS]
chimezie: need to check for substantive changes - outstanding drafts
14:48:23 [chimezie]
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/CommentResponse:IM-1
14:49:02 [AndyS]
Oustanding -- IM-1, DB-3, SJ-1
14:49:12 [chimezie]
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/CommentResponse:SJ-1
14:49:17 [AndyS]
IM-1 has substantive change
14:50:23 [AndyS]
Multipart PUT and POST with the graph store protocol
14:51:11 [AndyS]
chimezie: will email to argue not substantive change
14:51:57 [AndyS]
Topic: Other matters
14:52:07 [AndyS]
Axel: actions list
14:52:23 [AndyS]
close 525
14:52:31 [AxelPolleres]
clost ACTION-525
14:52:38 [AxelPolleres]
close ACTION-525
14:52:38 [trackbot]
ACTION-525 Fix references in http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/sparql11-overview/ closed
14:53:26 [kasei]
528 can be closed.
14:54:06 [LeeF]
yup, thanks :)
14:54:23 [AxelPolleres]
close ACTION-528
14:54:23 [trackbot]
ACTION-528 Create new "collective" manifests at the granularity of spec conformance (query, update, entailment, fed query, json results, ...) closed
14:54:26 [AndyS]
kasei: will summarise the outcome of action 528
14:55:43 [AxelPolleres]
close ACTION-416
14:55:43 [trackbot]
ACTION-416 Ping greg for review as soon as Update formal semantics is ready closed
14:56:14 [AndyS]
we need to formally close issues (next week?)
14:57:19 [AxelPolleres]
close ACTION-508
14:57:19 [trackbot]
ACTION-508 Work with editors & team (Ivan) to publish CSV/TSV and JSON results closed
14:58:16 [AndyS]
(discussion re action 503)
14:58:36 [AndyS]
... Results format XSLT
14:58:57 [AndyS]
sandro: /TR/ is immutable, other things can be changed
14:59:18 [AndyS]
rrsagent, make logs public
14:59:31 [AndyS]
** ADJOURNED **
14:59:33 [bglimm]
bye
14:59:35 [MattPerry]
bye
14:59:35 [Zakim]
-chimezie
14:59:36 [Zakim]
-cbuilara
14:59:39 [Zakim]
-Alex
14:59:40 [Zakim]
-MattPerry
14:59:42 [Zakim]
-bglimm
14:59:43 [Zakim]
-swh
14:59:50 [AxelPolleres]
thansk andy for scribing!
14:59:57 [Zakim]
-pgearon
14:59:58 [Zakim]
-Sandro
15:00:20 [Zakim]
-AxelPolleres
15:00:30 [Zakim]
-kasei
15:01:25 [Zakim]
+Sandro
15:01:33 [AndyS]
zakim, who is on the phone?
15:01:33 [Zakim]
On the phone I see AndyS, LeeF, Sandro
15:05:42 [Zakim]
-LeeF
15:15:32 [Zakim]
-AndyS
15:15:33 [Zakim]
-Sandro
15:15:33 [Zakim]
SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM has ended
15:15:35 [Zakim]
Attendees were kasei, Sandro, +34.56.97565.aaaa, +49.897.aabb, AxelPolleres, cbuilara, AndyS, Alex, swh, +1.603.897.aacc, MattPerry, chimezie, LeeF, bglimm, pgearon
15:25:23 [kasei]
POST /sparql/?default-graph-uri=http://another.example/calendar.rdf HTTP/1.1
15:25:33 [kasei]
does the default graph uri in there need to be escaped?
15:36:36 [AndyS]
kasei, yes
15:36:55 [AndyS]
minimum is escape the ":" IIRC
15:37:08 [kasei]
ok, thanks Andy
15:51:54 [LeeF]
kasei, I usually stick the whole URI through http://www.albionresearch.com/misc/urlencode.php
16:07:49 [swh]
swh has joined #sparql
17:00:12 [AndyS]
AndyS has joined #sparql
17:28:19 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #sparql
17:36:03 [AndyS]
rrsagent, please leave
17:36:03 [RRSAgent]
I see 2 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2011/09/13-sparql-actions.rdf :
17:36:03 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Axel to announce publications on semantic web list as soon as they're out [1]
17:36:03 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/09/13-sparql-irc#T14-16-05
17:36:03 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: axel to check update comments (with paul/alex) and summarize critical issues, if any on mail [2]
17:36:03 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/09/13-sparql-irc#T14-29-48