IRC log of gld on 2011-09-08

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:00:22 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #gld
14:00:22 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/09/08-gld-irc
14:00:35 [olyerickson]
zakim, who is on the phone
14:00:35 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'who is on the phone', olyerickson
14:01:04 [sandro]
zakim, this will be gld
14:01:04 [Zakim]
ok, sandro, I see T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM already started
14:01:05 [Zakim]
+??P13
14:01:08 [bhyland]
tracbot, start telecon
14:01:16 [BartvanLeeuwen]
Zakim, ??p13 is BartvanLeeuwen
14:01:18 [Zakim]
+BartvanLeeuwen; got it
14:01:28 [gt]
trackbot, start telecon
14:01:29 [gatemezi]
hi, all!!
14:01:30 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
14:01:32 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be EGOV_GLD
14:01:33 [trackbot]
Meeting: Government Linked Data Working Group Teleconference
14:01:33 [trackbot]
Date: 08 September 2011
14:01:34 [Zakim]
I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled within the next hour, trackbot
14:01:34 [olyerickson]
zakim, qw3birc@128.30.52.28 is olyerickson
14:01:38 [Zakim]
sorry, olyerickson, I do not recognize a party named 'qw3birc@128.30.52.28'
14:01:42 [sandro]
RRSAgent, make log public
14:01:55 [gt]
zakim, who is here"?
14:01:57 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, gt.
14:02:01 [gt]
zakim, who is here?
14:02:05 [Zakim]
I notice T&S_GLDWG()10:00AM has restarted
14:02:09 [Zakim]
On the phone I see +1.202.690.aaaa, ??P1, +1.703.607.aabb, +1.267.481.aacc, davidwood, Sandro, Cory, BartvanLeeuwen, +1.202.208.aadd
14:02:16 [Zakim]
On IRC I see RRSAgent, luisbermudez, Zakim, gatemezi, mhausenblas, csarven, MartinKaltenboeck, MacTed, olyerickson, BartvanLeeuwen, gt, danbri_, bhyland, trackbot, sandro
14:02:31 [Zakim]
-??P1
14:03:09 [gt]
zakim, aaaa is gt
14:03:09 [Zakim]
+gt; got it
14:03:25 [Zakim]
+??P22
14:03:32 [bhyland]
zakim davidwood is me
14:03:42 [Cory-c]
Cory-c has joined #gld
14:03:48 [olyerickson]
zakim, +??P22 is olyerickson
14:03:48 [Zakim]
sorry, olyerickson, I do not recognize a party named '+??P22'
14:04:10 [olyerickson]
zakim, ??P22 is olyerickson
14:04:10 [Zakim]
+olyerickson; got it
14:04:18 [Zakim]
+??P29
14:04:27 [olyerickson]
zakim, who's here
14:04:27 [Zakim]
olyerickson, you need to end that query with '?'
14:04:39 [olyerickson]
zakim, who's here?
14:04:39 [Zakim]
On the phone I see gt, +1.703.607.aabb, +1.267.481.aacc, davidwood, Sandro, Cory, BartvanLeeuwen, +1.202.208.aadd, olyerickson, ??P29
14:04:42 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Cory-c, RRSAgent, luisbermudez, Zakim, gatemezi, mhausenblas, csarven, MartinKaltenboeck, MacTed, olyerickson, BartvanLeeuwen, gt, danbri_, bhyland, trackbot, sandro
14:05:05 [Zakim]
+??P27
14:05:07 [Zakim]
+mhausenblas
14:05:14 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, csarven is with me
14:05:14 [Zakim]
+csarven; got it
14:05:24 [bhyland]
scribe: bhyland
14:05:44 [bkaempgen]
bkaempgen has joined #gld
14:05:46 [bhyland]
chair: gt
14:05:55 [bkaempgen]
zakim, who's there?
14:05:57 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, bkaempgen.
14:06:08 [bhyland]
zakim, who is here?
14:06:08 [Zakim]
On the phone I see gt, +1.703.607.aabb, +1.267.481.aacc, davidwood, Sandro, Cory, BartvanLeeuwen, +1.202.208.aadd, olyerickson, ??P29, ??P27, mhausenblas
14:06:11 [Zakim]
mhausenblas has mhausenblas, csarven
14:06:12 [Zakim]
On IRC I see bkaempgen, Cory-c, RRSAgent, luisbermudez, Zakim, gatemezi, mhausenblas, csarven, MartinKaltenboeck, MacTed, olyerickson, BartvanLeeuwen, gt, danbri_, bhyland,
14:06:15 [Zakim]
... trackbot, sandro
14:06:38 [MartinKaltenboeck]
Calling via skype - do not know my out calluing number?
14:06:59 [bkaempgen]
bkaempgen is connected through skype
14:07:23 [danbri]
danbri has joined #gld
14:07:30 [sandro]
MartinKaltenboeck, bkaempgen I don't think skype transmits caller-id anyway.
14:07:30 [bkaempgen]
sometimes it takes time so that changes get through in SMW
14:07:33 [bkaempgen]
q+
14:08:48 [bhyland]
bkaempgen: re: semantic mediawiki annotations, there may be a lag with annotations being reflected.
14:08:52 [mhausenblas]
ack bkaempgen
14:09:00 [MartinKaltenboeck]
ok, thanks sandro!
14:09:17 [gt]
q?
14:09:49 [gt]
proposal to accept 8-18 minutes -
14:10:05 [bhyland]
+1
14:10:06 [mhausenblas]
s/proposal/PROPOSAL:
14:10:09 [mhausenblas]
+1
14:10:20 [gatemezi]
+1
14:10:27 [gt]
+1
14:10:28 [bhyland]
minutes accepted for 18-Aug-2011
14:10:35 [olyerickson]
+1
14:10:35 [MartinKaltenboeck]
+1
14:10:38 [luisbermudez]
+1
14:10:45 [bkaempgen]
You may need to edit/refresh Mainpage to have annotations being updated in the table.
14:11:09 [olyerickson]
http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon2011.09.01
14:11:12 [bhyland]
+1
14:11:17 [mhausenblas]
+1
14:11:36 [BartvanLeeuwen]
+1
14:11:48 [bhyland]
proposal to accept http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon2011.09.01
14:11:53 [gatemezi]
+1
14:11:53 [sandro]
zakim, who is talking?
14:11:57 [Zakim]
+??P35
14:12:04 [Zakim]
sandro, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Sandro (13%), olyerickson (96%), ??P29 (15%)
14:12:10 [mhausenblas]
zakim, mute olyerickson
14:12:10 [Zakim]
olyerickson should now be muted
14:12:13 [bhyland]
minutes accepted
14:12:25 [bkaempgen]
baempgen should be muted
14:12:29 [bhyland]
yes
14:12:31 [danbri]
danbri has joined #gld
14:12:35 [Cory-c]
Perhaps some time today one of the w3c staff could speak a bit about the W3C Workshop on Data and Services Integration http://www.w3.org/2011/10/integration-workshop/cfp.html
14:12:40 [simonWall]
simonWall has joined #gld
14:13:24 [gt]
q?
14:13:45 [mhausenblas]
zakim, unmute olyerickson
14:13:45 [Zakim]
olyerickson should no longer be muted
14:13:48 [olyerickson]
the system is muting me arrgh]
14:14:23 [BartvanLeeuwen]
+q
14:14:31 [BartvanLeeuwen]
q+
14:15:12 [bhyland]
Topic: ISWC
14:15:16 [bhyland]
no comments.
14:15:19 [Zakim]
+ +1.240.228.aaee
14:15:25 [BartvanLeeuwen]
q-
14:16:11 [Cory-c]
q+
14:16:14 [ZacharyWhitley]
ZacharyWhitley has joined #gld
14:16:52 [bhyland]
BartvanLeeuwen: Would like to present at Amsterdam data initiative (breakfast meeting), on Linked Data.
14:17:22 [bhyland]
Advice is simply to state you're a member of this group and present your experiences as a member of the GLD WG.
14:18:21 [olyerickson]
zakim, who is speaking
14:18:22 [bhyland]
Cory-c: Discussed vocab + NIEM. Active effort to produce that standard. Anyone have NIEM related info in sem web form?
14:18:25 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'who is speaking', olyerickson
14:18:28 [Cory-c]
q-
14:18:30 [bhyland]
q+
14:18:43 [ZacharyWhitley]
+q
14:19:11 [bhyland]
Topic: NIEM and Linked Data
14:19:21 [bhyland]
Recent training event in Philly, PA, see http://www.iir.com/registration/niemtraining/
14:19:34 [gt]
cory-c: NIEM is a US Gov sponsored XSD centric effort, somewhat like OASIS UBL - see niem.gov
14:19:52 [bhyland]
Focused on first responders and other domains, used extensively by US Government, specifically Homeland Security. More info on niem.org
14:20:30 [ChrisMusialek]
ChrisMusialek has joined #gld
14:20:31 [olyerickson]
For more info on NIEM: http://www.niem.gov/
14:20:43 [bhyland]
Over 500 people from federal, state & local gov't attended recent. A lot of energy around it. Technology is primarily focused on XML & XML schema. Controlled vocab approach for common elements, e..g, person, location, etc.
14:22:05 [bhyland]
Cory-c: NIEM PMO wanted NIEM to be more international standards aware. They sponsored effort to create UML model, then map to JSON, RDF, others. Standards effort is to create NIEM community & support international standards.
14:22:08 [gt]
cory-c: information sharing environment - see http://www.ise.gov/ - and the OMG - see http://gov.omg.org/ - are creating a UML profile for NIEM
14:22:24 [bhyland]
December 2011 deadline for RFP.
14:22:38 [gt]
q?
14:22:45 [gt]
ack bhyland
14:23:25 [Zakim]
+??P2
14:23:41 [gt]
action: george to follow up with bhyland, ChrisMusialek and cory-c regarding NIEM interaction with US Data.gov PMO
14:23:41 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-6 - Follow up with bhyland, ChrisMusialek and cory-c regarding NIEM interaction with US Data.gov PMO [on George Thomas - due 2011-09-15].
14:23:41 [bhyland]
Cory-c asked anyone interested in helping speak to him.
14:23:49 [gt]
q?
14:24:18 [bhyland]
Zach: Ralph Hodgson from TopQuadrant is porting NIEM to OWL.
14:24:33 [ZacharyWhitley]
-q
14:25:19 [bhyland]
Mentioned: TopQuadrant is doing work with Dutch Dept of Justice (Immigration) ...
14:25:37 [Zakim]
-??P27
14:26:00 [cgueret]
cgueret has joined #gld
14:26:18 [gt]
q?
14:26:20 [Zakim]
+??P10
14:26:48 [cgueret]
Zakim, cgueret is Christophe Gueret
14:26:48 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'cgueret is Christophe Gueret', cgueret
14:26:54 [cgueret]
yep
14:26:55 [bhyland]
Announcement: Open Government Data Camp 2011, call for participation is out, see http://ogdcamp.org/cfp/
14:26:58 [bkaempgen]
bkaempgen has rejoined
14:27:43 [MartinKaltenboeck]
Registration is open too: http://ogdcamp.org/register/
14:29:10 [bhyland]
Topic: Open Government Data Camp 2011
14:29:32 [gt]
q?
14:29:38 [bhyland]
MartinKaltenboeck: Call for lightening talks (10 min) on best practices, linked data cookbook, etc.
14:29:43 [bhyland]
coming out next week.
14:29:49 [bhyland]
please participate.
14:31:22 [bhyland]
Topic: Next F2F in DERI, Galway Ireland to be held Wed & Thur 25-26 January 2012.
14:31:29 [bhyland]
We close the poll officially now.
14:31:46 [bhyland]
We had 21 participants indicate their preference.
14:32:25 [BartvanLeeuwen]
+1
14:32:28 [gatemezi]
+1
14:32:30 [bkaempgen]
+1
14:32:31 [cgueret]
+1
14:32:47 [bhyland]
Mhausenblas: First round on him on Friday, after F2F.
14:32:54 [MartinKaltenboeck]
+1
14:33:01 [cgueret]
+1 :)
14:33:09 [mhausenblas]
s/ First round/ First round of free RDF triples
14:33:09 [BartvanLeeuwen]
+1
14:33:52 [bhyland]
Resolved: WG confirms second F2F at DERI Galway, 25-26 July 2012
14:34:15 [cgueret]
July ?
14:34:20 [bhyland]
doh!
14:34:32 [bhyland]
Resolved: WG confirms second F2F at DERI Galway, 25-26 Jan 2012
14:34:48 [gatemezi]
noo..maybe in July it will be at Eurecom, :-)
14:34:59 [gt]
topic: deliverables
14:35:10 [BartvanLeeuwen]
:)
14:35:22 [gatemezi]
it is the same. :-)
14:37:10 [gt]
q?
14:37:25 [gatemezi]
actually, concerning ComDir, I don't know what next
14:37:32 [gatemezi]
after the requirements proposed
14:37:49 [bhyland]
Topic: Community Directory. No progress in last week.
14:37:56 [sandro]
(sound breaking up a lot)
14:38:23 [bhyland]
Action: Bhyland to send out email to ask people to fill in company info & start trying to use deployment form to see how usability & data shapes up.
14:38:23 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-7 - Send out email to ask people to fill in company info & start trying to use deployment form to see how usability & data shapes up. [on Bernadette Hyland - due 2011-09-15].
14:38:32 [MartinKaltenboeck]
bhyland: can you please provide link to the Community Directory prototype?
14:38:35 [bhyland]
Topic: Standard Vocabs.
14:39:01 [gt]
http://directory.3roundstones.net/
14:39:17 [MartinKaltenboeck]
many thanks gt!
14:39:22 [bhyland]
olyerickson: Plans to list some use cases they are considering to foster discussion. Would like guidance on how to best foster discussion.
14:39:56 [bhyland]
Community Directory prototype may be found at http://directory.3roundstones.net/
14:40:26 [gt]
has this GLD been republished or not...
14:40:52 [gt]
who/what/where is the *authoritative/original* publication...
14:41:02 [bhyland]
olyerickson: The issue he would like to discuss/iterate has to do with provenance of government or agent produced data. What country is this from, what does data represent?
14:42:03 [bkaempgen]
+q
14:42:18 [bhyland]
See John Erickson's email:
14:42:18 [bhyland]
John Erickson <olyerickson@gmail.com>
14:42:18 [bhyland]
Subject: Re: Catralog vocab question: Indicating whether "government" dataset has "official" status
14:42:18 [bhyland]
Date: September 6, 2011 7:59:42 PM EDT
14:42:18 [bhyland]
To: Martin Alvarez-Espinar <mlvarez@w3.org>
14:42:19 [bhyland]
Cc: W3C public GLD WG WG <public-gld-wg@w3.org>
14:42:54 [Cory-c]
#bhyland, does or can the directory list data sources?
14:42:55 [gt]
q?
14:43:39 [Zakim]
- +1.703.607.aabb
14:43:48 [bhyland]
olyerickson: Agreed to continue discussion on list and provide some further specifics on use cases.
14:44:12 [mhausenblas]
ack bkaempgen
14:44:17 [bhyland]
bkaempgen: Asked if this has to do with provenance or specifically a place that specifies where a given dataset is coming from?
14:45:38 [bhyland]
olyerickson: More specific than provenance. We are looking to specify what a catalog represents. For example, if a gov't data set has been "officially sanctioned" by a gov't agency. Consumers should be able to identify whether this came from a specific agency or department … We need a status indicator.
14:46:23 [bhyland]
Details on olyerickson's question are in:
14:46:23 [bhyland]
John Erickson <olyerickson@gmail.com>
14:46:23 [bhyland]
Subject: Catralog vocab question: Indicating whether "government" dataset has "official" status
14:46:23 [bhyland]
Date: September 6, 2011 3:27:54 PM EDT
14:46:23 [bhyland]
To: W3C public GLD WG WG <public-gld-wg@w3.org>
14:46:35 [gt]
q?
14:47:31 [bkaempgen]
+q
14:48:03 [bhyland]
@cory-c - RE: Community Directory - are you asking if you can get at the underlying triples? If so, yes, absolutely. I can discuss offline if you wish. Callimachus is about creating & publishing RDF.
14:48:14 [bhyland]
Topic: Cube Vocab
14:48:49 [bhyland]
See: http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Statistical_Cube_Data. There were no minutes captured from the break out call.
14:49:04 [bkaempgen]
I will have a look at it
14:49:10 [bhyland]
Bkaempgen: Asked if the protocol is to capture the chat from breakout groups?
14:49:57 [bhyland]
gt: Asked if WG can use W3C telecon infrastructure for calls & capturing what was discussed.
14:50:10 [bhyland]
Sandro: Yes, absolutely. He will get it to us.
14:50:10 [sandro]
-> http://www.w3.org/Guide/1998/08/TeleconferenceHowTo.htm Setting up a Teleconference
14:50:51 [gt]
http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Statistical_Cube_Data
14:51:04 [bkaempgen]
http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/wiki/Meetings:Telecon2011.08.22
14:51:38 [gt]
http://wiki.planet-data.eu/web/Datasets
14:52:20 [gt]
action: to refactor some HHS CQLD GLD using QB
14:52:20 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-8 - Refactor some HHS CQLD GLD using QB [on Tope Omitola - due 2011-09-15].
14:52:31 [gt]
q?
14:52:44 [gt]
ack bkaempgen
14:53:31 [bhyland]
Topic: US Gov't subdomains.
14:53:49 [bhyland]
gt: Wanted to put a plug in for data.gov.uk sector approach...
14:54:17 [gt]
not data.health.gov - rather health.data.gov - {sector}.data.gov - environ.data.gov?
14:55:16 [bhyland]
chrismusialek: said that people think of data of data vis a vis the sector first.
14:56:42 [olyerickson]
so... what can't there be BOTH?
14:57:32 [bhyland]
bhyland: recap from last week discussed opendata.epa.gov as subdomain. Consensus was data.epa.gov or more generically data.{agency}.gov
14:57:33 [olyerickson]
data.energy.gov and energy.data.gov could resolve to the same place... (blasphemy I know)
14:57:52 [olyerickson]
...but there should be one canonical URI
14:58:07 [bhyland]
ChrisMusialek: People think about things topically, not organizationally.
14:59:19 [olyerickson]
Need to differentiate between URI form vs. various URLs that will "get there..."
14:59:31 [bhyland]
+1
14:59:43 [bkaempgen]
What does "to refactor some HHS CQLD GLD using QB" mean?
14:59:44 [gt]
action: ChrisMusialek to get the data.agency.gov and {sector}.data.gov discussion into the Data.gov PMO SW/LD meeting
14:59:44 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - ChrisMusialek
15:00:29 [ZacharyWhitley]
Clinical Quality Linked Data (CQLD)
15:01:00 [bkaempgen]
ah, thanks.
15:01:01 [mhausenblas]
Michael: I'll have to send regrets in advance for next week, sorry
15:01:20 [ZacharyWhitley]
Health and Human Services (HHS)
15:01:34 [bkaempgen]
* can't, may be travelling, also
15:02:03 [cgueret]
bye
15:02:06 [bhyland]
thanks all. bye.
15:02:10 [simonWall]
bye
15:02:11 [MartinKaltenboeck]
thank you & bye!
15:02:11 [gt]
thanks all - bye
15:02:17 [BartvanLeeuwen]
bye
15:02:21 [gatemezi]
thanks - bye!!
15:02:40 [Zakim]
-mhausenblas
15:02:41 [olyerickson]
olyerickson has left #gld
15:02:42 [Zakim]
- +1.202.208.aadd
15:02:44 [Zakim]
-BartvanLeeuwen
15:02:51 [bhyland]
RRSAgent, make logs public
15:02:54 [Zakim]
- +1.240.228.aaee
15:02:58 [Zakim]
-Cory
15:03:04 [Zakim]
-simonWall
15:03:06 [Zakim]
- +1.267.481.aacc
15:03:08 [Zakim]
-Sandro
15:03:10 [gt]
thanks for scribing and generating minutes bhyland :)
15:03:12 [Zakim]
-davidwood
15:03:18 [gatemezi]
@luisbermudez: please I send you a mail for help..
15:03:28 [gatemezi]
hope you have seen it!! TIA
15:03:30 [Zakim]
-gt
15:03:36 [Zakim]
-??P10
15:03:40 [Zakim]
-??P29
15:03:57 [bhyland]
zakim, davidwood is me
15:04:54 [Zakim]
sorry, bhyland, I do not recognize a party named 'davidwood'
15:06:16 [bhyland]
rrsagent, generate minutes
15:06:16 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/09/08-gld-minutes.html bhyland
15:11:12 [danbri]
danbri has joined #gld
15:19:18 [danbri]
danbri has joined #gld
15:19:50 [danbri]
danbri has joined #gld
15:24:32 [csarven]
csarven has left #gld
18:11:27 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #gld
18:11:27 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/09/08-gld-irc
18:11:33 [MacTed]
trackbot, end conference
18:11:33 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
18:11:33 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been +1.202.690.aaaa, +1.703.607.aabb, +1.267.481.aacc, davidwood, Sandro, Cory, BartvanLeeuwen, +1.202.208.aadd, gt, olyerickson, mhausenblas,
18:11:34 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
18:11:34 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/09/08-gld-minutes.html trackbot
18:11:35 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
18:11:36 [Zakim]
... csarven, simonWall, +1.240.228.aaee
18:11:47 [MacTed]
RRSAgent, make logs public
18:11:53 [MacTed]
RRSAgent, bye
18:11:53 [RRSAgent]
I see no action items