IRC log of er on 2011-09-07

Timestamps are in UTC.

12:27:26 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #er
12:27:26 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/09/07-er-irc
12:27:28 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
12:27:28 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #er
12:27:30 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 3794
12:27:30 [Zakim]
I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled within the next hour, trackbot
12:27:31 [trackbot]
Meeting: Evaluation and Repair Tools Working Group Teleconference
12:27:31 [trackbot]
Date: 07 September 2011
12:28:59 [shadi]
agenda+ Welcome
12:28:59 [shadi]
agenda+ Continue processing comments
12:28:59 [shadi]
agenda+ Upcoming meeting schedule
12:29:41 [shadi]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert/2011Sep/0001.html
12:29:44 [shadi]
chair: Shadi
12:29:44 [cstrobbe]
cstrobbe has joined #er
12:29:50 [shadi]
regrets: Kostas
12:31:15 [shadi]
zakim, call shadi-617
12:31:15 [Zakim]
sorry, shadi, I don't know what conference this is
12:31:30 [shadi]
zakim, this will be ert
12:31:30 [Zakim]
I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled within the next hour, shadi
12:31:44 [shadi]
zakim, list conferences
12:31:44 [Zakim]
I see Team_(w3m)12:08Z active
12:31:45 [Zakim]
also scheduled at this time are Team_(mediaann)08:07Z, Team_(w3m)12:05Z
12:33:01 [philipA]
I get an error message using zakim: "this passcode is not valid"
12:33:33 [carlosV]
carlosV has joined #er
12:33:40 [shadi]
zakim seems confused
12:33:43 [philipA]
btw. how can I make comments in irc?
12:34:46 [cstrobbe]
zakim, are you awake?
12:34:46 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, cstrobbe.
12:34:55 [cstrobbe]
zakim, are you on STRIKE??
12:34:55 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, cstrobbe.
12:35:04 [cstrobbe]
zakim, you are just useles
12:35:04 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'you are just useles', cstrobbe
12:35:26 [shadi]
zakim, this is ert
12:35:26 [Zakim]
sorry, shadi, I do not see a conference named 'ert' in progress or scheduled at this time
12:35:54 [shadi]
zakim, room for 8?
12:35:55 [Zakim]
ok, shadi; conference Team_(er)12:35Z scheduled with code 26633 (CONF3) for 60 minutes until 1335Z
12:36:22 [shadi]
can people use the conference code "26633" for tdoay?
12:36:29 [shadi]
zakim, call shadi-617
12:36:29 [Zakim]
ok, shadi; the call is being made
12:36:30 [Zakim]
Team_(er)12:35Z has now started
12:36:31 [Zakim]
+Shadi
12:36:45 [shadi]
agenda?
12:37:04 [Zakim]
+??P8
12:37:15 [Zakim]
+Christophe_Strobbe
12:37:20 [Zakim]
+??P4
12:37:27 [shadi]
zakim, ?p8? is Philip
12:37:27 [Zakim]
sorry, shadi, I do not recognize a party named '?p8?'
12:37:36 [shadi]
zakim, ??p8 is Philip
12:37:36 [Zakim]
+Philip; got it
12:37:45 [shadi]
zakim, ??p4 is Carlos
12:37:45 [Zakim]
+Carlos; got it
12:38:14 [shadi]
scribe: Philip
12:38:20 [shadi]
scribenick: philipA
12:38:38 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 1
12:38:38 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Welcome" taken up [from shadi]
12:41:34 [shadi]
zakim, take up next
12:41:34 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Continue processing comments" taken up [from shadi]
12:41:48 [shadi]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-earl10-comments/2011May/0027.html
12:44:17 [philipA]
CarlosV: would leave it as it is
12:44:27 [philipA]
CarlosV: nothing wrong with it
12:45:58 [philipA]
Shadi: discussed this in the past, we would need a assertion container, that groups different assertions
12:46:12 [philipA]
Shadi: quite complex, so we decided to drop this
12:47:32 [philipA]
Shadi: verboose, but not redundant information
12:49:10 [philipA]
RESOLUTION: To reduce verbosity the complexity of the model would be far higher, group is not willing to take this step
12:49:16 [shadi]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-earl10-comments/2011May/0028.html
12:50:41 [philipA]
Shadi: within rdf schema you can use defined by to link
12:51:09 [philipA]
CarlosV: Would accept comment
12:51:32 [philipA]
Shadi: spec and schema cross references would be good
12:51:33 [cstrobbe]
would that be rdfs:isDefinedBy ?
12:51:50 [philipA]
RESOLUTION: Accept the comment
12:51:59 [shadi]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-earl10-comments/2011May/0029.html
12:52:35 [philipA]
CarlosV: Accept it
12:52:49 [philipA]
Shadi: Right, is a bug
12:52:59 [philipA]
RESOLUTION: Accept the comment
12:53:02 [shadi]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-earl10-comments/2011May/0030.html
12:53:35 [philipA]
RESOLUTION: Accept the comment
12:53:39 [shadi]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-earl10-comments/2011May/0031.html
12:54:16 [philipA]
RESOLUTION: Accept the comment
12:54:32 [shadi]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-earl10-comments/2011May/0032.html
12:55:58 [shadi]
zakim, pick a victim
12:55:58 [Zakim]
Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose Philip
12:56:49 [philipA]
ACTION: CarlosV to review xUnit
12:56:49 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-132 - Review xUnit [on Carlos A. Velasco - due 2011-09-14].
12:57:17 [philipA]
ACTION: CStrobbe to review TAP
12:57:18 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-133 - Review TAP [on Christophe Strobbe - due 2011-09-14].
12:58:02 [shadi]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-earl10-comments/2011May/0033.html
12:59:41 [philipA]
Shadi: direct RDF to JSON conversion is really difficult
13:00:00 [philipA]
Shadi: if we would have an xml serialization, it would be much easier
13:00:40 [philipA]
Shadi: most important to have an xml schema
13:01:12 [philipA]
Shadi: RDF is not focused on the information structure
13:01:29 [sinarmaya]
sinarmaya has joined #er
13:04:19 [philipA]
Shadi: which serialization would be most useful to tool developers
13:05:35 [philipA]
Shadi: there are no dependencies between the different serializations
13:06:38 [philipA]
Shadi: happy to have support to create those serializations
13:07:16 [philipA]
RESOLUTION: explain the current situation with respect to serialization
13:08:19 [shadi]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-earl10-comments/2011May/0034.html
13:10:11 [philipA]
CarlosV: don't think it is a must for us
13:10:15 [philipA]
Shadi: agreed
13:10:52 [philipA]
Shadi: it's not part of the inital requirements
13:11:17 [philipA]
RESOLUTION: explain the current situation with respect to serialization
13:11:27 [shadi]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-earl10-comments/2011May/0036.html
13:13:10 [philipA]
CarlosV: maybe thats right
13:13:49 [philipA]
CStrobbe: what are the reasons for making these other documents WG notes?
13:14:11 [philipA]
Shadi: HTTP in RDF seems really stable
13:14:51 [philipA]
Shadi: Content in RDF and Pointer in RDF needs more reviewing
13:15:10 [philipA]
CarlosV: Content in RDF is important part of EARL processing tool
13:18:31 [philipA]
Shadi: EARL guide does not contain the conformance requirement
13:18:44 [philipA]
Shadi: should not go to REC
13:18:53 [philipA]
Shadi: that it could updated more easily
13:19:03 [shadi]
s/EARL guide does/if EARL Guide does
13:19:29 [shadi]
s/should not go/then it should not go
13:19:43 [shadi]
s/that it could/so that it can be
13:20:29 [philipA]
Shadi: for the other parts we need to check with the implementations
13:21:02 [philipA]
Shadi: any we put in REC we need implementations for
13:21:19 [philipA]
CarlosV: we got Content and HTTP in RDF in full
13:21:47 [philipA]
CarlosV: in our implementation
13:22:29 [philipA]
RESOLUTION: group is considering putting some modules on REC trac
13:23:56 [shadi]
zakim, take up next
13:23:56 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Upcoming meeting schedule" taken up [from shadi]
13:25:07 [shadi]
meeting next week
13:25:11 [shadi]
probably no meeting on 21st
13:25:19 [shadi]
possibly meeting on 28th
13:25:37 [shadi]
regrets from CarlosV and Philip on 5th Oct
13:26:17 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/timeline
13:28:11 [Zakim]
-Carlos
13:28:12 [Zakim]
-Christophe_Strobbe
13:28:13 [Zakim]
-Philip
13:28:15 [Zakim]
-Shadi
13:28:15 [Zakim]
Team_(er)12:35Z has ended
13:28:17 [shadi]
trackbot, end meeting
13:28:17 [Zakim]
Attendees were Shadi, Christophe_Strobbe, Philip, Carlos
13:28:17 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
13:28:17 [Zakim]
sorry, trackbot, I don't know what conference this is
13:28:18 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
13:28:18 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/09/07-er-minutes.html trackbot
13:28:19 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
13:28:19 [RRSAgent]
I see 2 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2011/09/07-er-actions.rdf :
13:28:19 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: CarlosV to review xUnit [1]
13:28:19 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/09/07-er-irc#T12-56-49
13:28:19 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: CStrobbe to review TAP [2]
13:28:19 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/09/07-er-irc#T12-57-17
13:28:21 [philipA]
philipA has left #er