IRC log of wai-wcag on 2011-09-01

Timestamps are in UTC.

19:57:07 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
19:57:07 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/09/01-wai-wcag-irc
19:57:09 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
19:57:09 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #wai-wcag
19:57:11 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be WAI_WCAG
19:57:11 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WAI_WCAG()4:00PM scheduled to start in 3 minutes
19:57:12 [trackbot]
Meeting: Web Content Accessibility Guidelines Working Group Teleconference
19:57:12 [trackbot]
Date: 01 September 2011
19:57:20 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()4:00PM has now started
19:57:27 [Zakim]
+ +1.646.339.aaaa
19:58:22 [Zakim]
+??P2
19:58:36 [jongunderson]
zakim, ??P2 is jongunderson
19:58:36 [Zakim]
+jongunderson; got it
20:00:27 [Zakim]
+David_MacDonald
20:00:58 [Loretta]
Loretta has joined #WAI-WCAG
20:02:12 [Zakim]
+Tim_Boland
20:02:17 [adam]
adam has joined #wai-wcag
20:02:39 [David]
David has joined #wai-wcag
20:02:58 [Tim]
Tim has joined #wai-wcag
20:03:40 [Zakim]
+Michael_Cooper
20:04:02 [Zakim]
+ +1.650.214.aabb
20:04:39 [MichaelC]
zakim, aabb is Loretta_Guarino_Reid
20:04:39 [Zakim]
+Loretta_Guarino_Reid; got it
20:04:49 [Zakim]
+James_Nurthen
20:05:05 [jamesn]
jamesn has joined #wai-wcag
20:05:55 [marcjohlic]
marcjohlic has joined #wai-wcag
20:06:20 [Zakim]
+ +1.727.391.aacc
20:06:44 [Zakim]
+??P9
20:06:50 [MichaelC]
zakim, aacc is Marc_Johlic
20:06:50 [Zakim]
+Marc_Johlic; got it
20:07:11 [MichaelC]
zakim, aaaa is John_Kirkwood
20:07:11 [Zakim]
+John_Kirkwood; got it
20:07:20 [MichaelC]
zakim, ??P9 is Adam_Solomon
20:07:20 [Zakim]
+Adam_Solomon; got it
20:09:57 [David]
scribe, David
20:10:07 [MichaelC]
scribe: David
20:11:02 [MichaelC]
regrets: Bruce_Bailey, Kathleen_Wahlbin, Mary_Utt
20:11:09 [MichaelC]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2011JulSep/0133.html
20:13:50 [David]
The comment period is completed. We have received 27 comments in total.
20:16:23 [MichaelC]
action: Loretta to draft wording for techniques intro that we can't guarantee all UA info current
20:16:24 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-142 - Draft wording for techniques intro that we can't guarantee all UA info current [on Loretta Guarino Reid - due 2011-09-08].
20:16:44 [MichaelC]
action: cooper to get added to WCAG FAQ that we can't guarantee all UA info current
20:16:45 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-143 - Get added to WCAG FAQ that we can't guarantee all UA info current [on Michael Cooper - due 2011-09-08].
20:32:13 [David]
topic: issue 2500Re: HTML Headings technique: duplicated: H42 and H69
20:33:10 [David]
resolution: accepted as amended with updated user agent notes... + loretta to write general disclaimer about user agent notes
20:33:41 [David]
s/accepted/accepted LC2500 HTML Headings technique: duplicated: H42 and H69
20:42:50 [David]
action: Adam to investigate a technique using dt, dl in the way recommended in LC 2540 and other ways
20:42:50 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-144 - Investigate a technique using dt, dl in the way recommended in LC 2540 and other ways [on Adam Solomon - due 2011-09-08].
20:43:08 [MichaelC]
action-144?
20:43:08 [trackbot]
ACTION-144 -- Adam Solomon to investigate a technique using dt, dl in the way recommended in LC 2540 and other ways -- due 2011-09-08 -- OPEN
20:43:08 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/track/actions/144
20:44:33 [David]
resolution: accepted response to LC2540 as amended
20:45:50 [David]
s/LC2540/LC2540 About H40 Definition list usage
20:46:18 [David]
topic: Proposal: Modify F44 - Incorrect Tabindex Values
20:49:30 [MichaelC]
http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/struct/lists.html#edef-UL
20:50:27 [jongunderson]
q+
20:51:59 [MichaelC]
q+ to ask if you can ask your UA the position of a given item
20:52:35 [MichaelC]
ack j
20:58:21 [MichaelC]
q-
20:59:09 [jamesn]
jamesn has joined #wai-wcag
21:00:32 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
21:00:49 [MichaelC]
regrets- Bruce_Bailey
21:02:03 [adam]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/2011/WD-WCAG20-TECHS-20110621/H48.html
21:03:42 [David]
resolution: accepted proposal Modify F44 - Incorrect Tabindex Values as amended
21:04:13 [David]
topic: HTML5 Technique for SC 2.4.3: Creating Logical Tab Order with the Tabindex Attribute
21:07:45 [adam]
i was cut off - trying to get back
21:08:16 [Zakim]
+??P10
21:09:29 [Zakim]
+Michael_Cooper.a
21:09:49 [MichaelC_]
MichaelC_ has joined #wai-wcag
21:13:17 [Zakim]
-Michael_Cooper
21:15:52 [jongunderson]
http://www.oaa-accessibility.org/example/22/
21:16:47 [Tim]
Tim has joined #wai-wcag
21:21:33 [Zakim]
-Adam_Solomon
21:27:56 [David]
Resolution: more work to be done on HTML5 Technique for SC 2.4.3: Creating Logical Tab Order with the Tabindex Attribute... change some examples... include example where tabindex="0" on form instructions as per Bruce's example
21:33:16 [Zakim]
-??P10
21:33:26 [Zakim]
-jongunderson
21:34:21 [Zakim]
-James_Nurthen
21:34:41 [Zakim]
-Michael_Cooper.a
21:34:45 [Zakim]
-Tim_Boland
21:34:46 [Zakim]
-John_Kirkwood
21:34:47 [Zakim]
-David_MacDonald
21:34:48 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
21:34:52 [Zakim]
-Marc_Johlic
22:05:00 [Zakim]
disconnecting the lone participant, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, in WAI_WCAG()4:00PM
22:05:05 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()4:00PM has ended
22:05:07 [Zakim]
Attendees were +1.646.339.aaaa, jongunderson, David_MacDonald, Tim_Boland, Michael_Cooper, +1.650.214.aabb, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, James_Nurthen, +1.727.391.aacc, Marc_Johlic,
22:05:10 [Zakim]
... John_Kirkwood, Adam_Solomon, Bruce_Bailey