IRC log of webrtc on 2011-08-31

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:52:09 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #webrtc
14:52:09 [RRSAgent]
logging to
14:52:11 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
14:52:11 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #webrtc
14:52:13 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be
14:52:13 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'this will be', trackbot
14:52:14 [trackbot]
Meeting: Web Real-Time Communications Working Group Teleconference
14:52:14 [trackbot]
Date: 31 August 2011
14:52:18 [francois]
zakim, what conferences?
14:52:18 [Zakim]
I see UW_DAP()10:00AM, WAI_Team(WAIT)10:30AM active
14:52:20 [Zakim]
also scheduled at this time are SW_HCLS(LODD)11:00AM, SW_RDFWG()11:00AM, I18N_CoreWG()11:00AM, Team_(PH Cadence)10:30AM, Team_(webtvws)14:00Z, IA_XForms()11:00AM, Team_W3M()8:00AM,
14:52:22 [Zakim]
... Team_Comm(PSIG)11:00AM, IA_Fonts()10:00AM, Team_(WebRTC)11:00AM
14:52:27 [burn]
burn has joined #webrtc
14:52:28 [francois]
zakim, this will be WebRTC
14:52:29 [Zakim]
ok, francois; I see Team_(WebRTC)11:00AM scheduled to start in 8 minutes
14:57:15 [Zakim]
Team_(WebRTC)11:00AM has now started
14:57:22 [Zakim]
14:57:32 [neilstratford]
neilstratford has joined #webrtc
14:57:46 [Zakim]
+ +1.650.241.aaaa
14:57:49 [Zakim]
14:58:08 [burn]
zakim, I am Dan_Burnett
14:58:08 [Zakim]
ok, burn, I now associate you with Dan_Burnett
14:58:32 [francois]
zakim, code?
14:58:34 [Zakim]
the conference code is 932782 (tel:+1.617.761.6200, francois
14:58:35 [hta]
hta has joined #webrtc
14:58:43 [Zakim]
14:58:50 [Zakim]
+ +
14:58:50 [francois]
zakim, mute me
14:58:50 [Zakim]
francois should now be muted
14:58:58 [francois]
ack me
14:59:13 [hta]
zakim, who is on?
14:59:13 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, hta.
14:59:59 [Zakim]
15:00:02 [burn]
zakim, who's here?
15:00:13 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ??P0, +1.650.241.aaaa, Dan_Burnett, francois, +, ??P16
15:00:23 [Zakim]
On IRC I see hta, neilstratford, burn, Zakim, RRSAgent, stefanh, Salvatore, francois, richt, bitshaq_, trackbot, derf
15:00:33 [neilstratford]
Zakim, P16 is me
15:00:36 [stefanh]
Zakim, aabb is stefanh
15:01:00 [Zakim]
sorry, neilstratford, I do not recognize a party named 'P16'
15:01:03 [francois]
zakim, ??P16 is neilstratford
15:01:07 [Zakim]
+stefanh; got it
15:01:26 [Zakim]
+neilstratford; got it
15:01:27 [burn]
zakim, aaaa is hta
15:01:39 [Zakim]
+hta; got it
15:01:39 [hta]
zakim, who is muted?
15:01:48 [francois]
15:01:51 [Zakim]
+ +7.236.45.aacc
15:02:01 [Zakim]
I see hta muted
15:02:15 [hta]
zakim, unmute hta
15:02:20 [Zakim]
+ +
15:02:22 [Zakim]
15:02:30 [Zakim]
hta should no longer be muted
15:02:38 [Zakim]
+ +1.314.529.aaee
15:02:41 [timpanton]
timpanton has joined #webrtc
15:02:59 [Zakim]
15:03:12 [juberti]
juberti has joined #webrtc
15:03:15 [stefanh]
Zakim, aadd is adam
15:03:15 [Zakim]
+adam; got it
15:03:54 [Zakim]
15:04:21 [Zakim]
+ +1.206.256.aaff
15:04:27 [narm_gadiraju]
narm_gadiraju has joined #webrtc
15:04:40 [francois]
zakim, aaff is CaryBran
15:04:40 [Zakim]
+CaryBran; got it
15:04:59 [ceyrigno]
ceyrigno has joined #webrtc
15:05:08 [Cary]
Cary has joined #webrtc
15:05:13 [adambe]
adambe has joined #webrtc
15:05:16 [francois]
Present+ Juberti
15:05:24 [francois]
zakim, mute me
15:05:24 [Zakim]
francois should now be muted
15:05:35 [francois]
Chair: Stefan
15:05:37 [francois]
ack me
15:05:59 [francois]
zakim, mute me
15:05:59 [Zakim]
francois should now be muted
15:06:03 [francois]
Scribe: francois
15:06:26 [DanR]
DanR has joined #webrtc
15:06:29 [francois]
Stefan: anything to add to the agenda?
15:06:33 [francois]
[none heard]
15:06:46 [francois]
Topic: Actions from Quebec meeting
15:06:52 [Zakim]
15:07:03 [DanD]
DanD has joined #webrtc
15:07:32 [francois]
Stefan: Dan to review requirements to list
15:07:47 [francois]
DanBurnett: Haven't done that, should be able to do so by next week.
15:08:29 [francois]
Stefan: next one on Cullen. He sent some initial text. I think we should keep it open while we get more discussion.
15:08:45 [francois]
Stefan: next one on editor's draft
15:09:13 [francois]
DanBurnett: I'm sure people have noticed we have a draft now, we started from an extract from the WhatWG spec. There has been some discussion on the mailing-list since then.
15:09:24 [francois]
... Some consensus decisions for changes.
15:09:27 [adambe]
someone is typing hard
15:09:31 [DanR]
somebody is typing loud
15:09:39 [francois]
zakim, who is making noise?
15:09:50 [Zakim]
francois, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: ??P0 (3%), hta (64%), Dan_Burnett (90%)
15:10:09 [francois]
... intent from editors is to propose changes to the spec based on these discussions to align the spec with the discussions we've had.
15:10:44 [francois]
... Anant has some proposal to remove text based on implementation details.
15:11:06 [francois]
... Once the document is where we believe the discussion is, we expect the discussion to continue on the mailing-list.
15:11:23 [francois]
... When there is rough consensus about something, the editors will move it to the spec.
15:11:34 [francois]
... We're trying to be roughly informal, on purpose.
15:11:44 [francois]
... We suggest that people continue to use the mailing-list right now.
15:12:12 [francois]
... At some point later in the process, when we're get into more details, it may make sense to track things more precisely through some Tracker tool or Bugzilla instance.
15:12:21 [francois]
Harald: seems reasonable to me.
15:12:53 [francois]
... So idea is to check threads on the mailing-list and bring changes when you don't anyone against it.
15:12:58 [francois]
DanBurnett: Right.
15:13:13 [francois]
Stefan: schedule?
15:13:35 [francois]
DanBurnett: no schedule set yet. Many changes are likely to make it to the spec here.
15:14:16 [francois]
... The intent is that there will be faster releases at least initially. If that's not the case, we'll need to ensure that things happen on timely basis.
15:14:55 [francois]
... You will not see anything this week. Cullen has sent an email and will send a bunch more next week, supposedly representing the current consensus.
15:15:02 [burn]
First email from Cullen:
15:15:06 [francois]
... I'm asking people to reply to these emails if they have concerns.
15:15:26 [francois]
15:15:41 [francois]
Harald: OK, let's go ahead with that plan.
15:15:42 [francois]
ack me
15:17:18 [francois]
Francois: would keep FPWD deadline in mind, was to be end of September.
15:17:48 [francois]
DanBurnett: right, updated spec that represents the current consensus of the group could be a good FPWD.
15:18:02 [francois]
... I'm optimistic we can put it forward for end of September.
15:18:05 [francois]
zakim, mute me
15:18:05 [Zakim]
francois should now be muted
15:18:12 [francois]
Topic: Requirements document
15:18:35 [francois]
Stefan: Published requirements document, a couple of comments, waiting for comments from Dan.
15:19:16 [francois]
... Not ideal to have different documents for use cases and requirements, as they may come out of sync.
15:19:20 [francois]
zakim, who is making noise?
15:19:30 [francois]
-> WebRTC requirements
15:19:31 [Zakim]
francois, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: hta (81%), stefanh (67%), Narm (5%)
15:20:19 [francois]
Stefan: don't know how to deal with this, perhaps stick to one document that has use cases and requirements, which could be the IETF one.
15:20:43 [francois]
... Would anyone object to reverting to only one document?
15:21:00 [francois]
Justin: As soon as we have common use cases, having just one document sounds like the right thing to me.
15:21:17 [burn]
I believe Justin said one document for use cases, but he didn't mention requirements
15:21:33 [burn]
zakim, who's noisy?
15:21:44 [Zakim]
burn, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: ??P0 (33%), hta (67%), Russell (59%)
15:21:49 [adambe]
someone is reconnecting with their 56k modem
15:21:56 [burn]
zakim, mute Russell
15:21:56 [Zakim]
Russell should now be muted
15:22:16 [juberti]
I am OK with a single set of requirements too
15:23:01 [francois]
ack me
15:23:09 [francois]
zakim, mute me
15:23:09 [Zakim]
francois should now be muted
15:23:26 [francois]
Stefan: for ease of editing, proposal is to keep everything together.
15:23:50 [juberti]
zakim, unmute juberti
15:23:50 [Zakim]
sorry, juberti, I do not know which phone connection belongs to juberti
15:23:58 [francois]
DanBurnett: so suggestion is to stick to one use cases and requirements doc right now for ease of editing, and resolve later if we split them to have a W3C doc.
15:24:02 [francois]
Stefan: right.
15:24:10 [juberti]
sorry, juberti, I do not know which phone connection belongs to juberti
15:24:21 [francois]
DanBurnett: Are you planning to publish an update?
15:24:34 [francois]
Stefan: I should be able to publish an update to the IETF doc tomorrow.
15:25:02 [francois]
DanBurnett: Just make sure to forward an announcement to public-webrtc when you publish a new draft as that does not happen automatically
15:25:06 [francois]
Stefan: yes, good point.
15:25:36 [francois]
15:25:37 [juberti]
zakim, my phone is 760-705-8888
15:25:38 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'my phone is 760-705-8888', juberti
15:25:40 [francois]
Topic: AOB
15:26:19 [francois]
Stefan: reasonable to have a phone call between now and next F2F in TPAC?
15:26:29 [francois]
15:26:29 [Zakim]
15:26:42 [francois]
DanBurnett: I think it makes sense to have one call by TPAC.
15:26:48 [francois]
ack me
15:27:09 [Zakim]
+ +1.857.288.aagg
15:27:26 [juberti]
that's me again
15:27:35 [francois]
zakim, mute me
15:27:35 [Zakim]
francois should now be muted
15:27:54 [francois]
[discussion on room at TPAC, reserved on Monday/Tuesday]
15:27:56 [francois]
ack me
15:28:03 [burn]
justin, are you the aagg number?
15:28:05 [juberti]
15:28:20 [burn]
zakim, aagg is juberti
15:28:20 [Zakim]
+juberti; got it
15:28:27 [Zakim]
15:28:44 [francois]
Stefan: how long is F2F meeting?
15:29:17 [francois]
Francois: room is reserved for 2 days, there's an AC meeting starting on Tuesday afternoon, we may adjourn earlier. Up to us!
15:29:20 [francois]
zakim, mute me
15:29:20 [Zakim]
francois should now be muted
15:29:35 [francois]
Stefan: ok, we'll want to go into details about how we're going to use that time.
15:29:58 [francois]
... Should review spec into details.
15:30:11 [francois]
Harald: Now you should go back to the mailing-list and reply to Cullen.
15:30:17 [francois]
... or raise other topics.
15:30:21 [Zakim]
15:30:23 [Zakim]
15:30:25 [francois]
[Call adjourned]
15:30:25 [Zakim]
15:30:27 [Zakim]
15:30:27 [Zakim]
15:30:29 [Zakim]
15:30:29 [Zakim]
15:30:30 [Zakim]
15:30:31 [Zakim]
15:30:32 [Zakim]
15:30:38 [Zakim]
15:30:44 [Zakim]
- +7.236.45.aacc
15:30:57 [Zakim]
- +1.314.529.aaee
15:30:58 [Zakim]
Team_(WebRTC)11:00AM has ended
15:31:03 [Zakim]
Attendees were +1.650.241.aaaa, Dan_Burnett, francois, +, stefanh, neilstratford, hta, +7.236.45.aacc, +, Russell, +1.314.529.aaee, Narm, adam,
15:31:07 [Zakim]
... Dan_Druta, +1.206.256.aaff, CaryBran, [Mozilla], +1.857.288.aagg, juberti
15:31:38 [francois]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
15:31:38 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate francois
15:51:05 [Zakim]
Team_(WebRTC)11:00AM has now started
15:51:13 [Zakim]
+ +
15:51:22 [Zakim]
- +
15:51:23 [Zakim]
Team_(WebRTC)11:00AM has ended
15:51:23 [Zakim]
Attendees were +
16:00:44 [Zakim]
Team_(WebRTC)11:00AM has now started
16:00:55 [Zakim]
+ +
16:02:31 [Zakim]
- +
16:02:32 [Zakim]
Team_(WebRTC)11:00AM has ended
16:02:32 [Zakim]
Attendees were +
16:05:41 [Zakim]
Team_(WebRTC)11:00AM has now started
16:05:49 [Zakim]
+ +
16:07:34 [Zakim]
- +
16:07:35 [Zakim]
Team_(WebRTC)11:00AM has ended
16:07:35 [Zakim]
Attendees were +
16:12:32 [anant]
anant has joined #webrtc
16:31:39 [hta]
hta has left #webrtc
17:30:25 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #webrtc