IRC log of er on 2011-08-24

Timestamps are in UTC.

12:15:13 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #er
12:15:13 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/08/24-er-irc
12:15:15 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
12:15:15 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #er
12:15:17 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 3794
12:15:17 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WAI_ERTWG()8:30AM scheduled to start in 15 minutes
12:15:19 [trackbot]
Meeting: Evaluation and Repair Tools Working Group Teleconference
12:15:19 [trackbot]
Date: 24 August 2011
12:20:09 [shadi]
agenda+ Welcome
12:20:20 [shadi]
agenda+ Continue processing comments
12:20:39 [shadi]
agenda+ Upcoming meeting schedule
12:24:41 [philipA]
philipA has joined #er
12:29:58 [Zakim]
WAI_ERTWG()8:30AM has now started
12:30:05 [Zakim]
+??P2
12:30:13 [shadi]
zakim, ? is me
12:30:13 [Zakim]
+shadi; got it
12:30:27 [Zakim]
+??P3
12:30:51 [shadi]
zakim, ? is philipA
12:30:51 [Zakim]
+philipA; got it
12:31:52 [shadi]
regrets: CarlosV
12:32:02 [kostas]
kostas has joined #er
12:32:04 [Zakim]
+ +30231125aaaa
12:32:18 [shadi]
zakim, aaaa is Kostas
12:32:18 [Zakim]
+Kostas; got it
12:36:17 [shadi]
regrets: CarlosV, Christophe
12:37:05 [shadi]
zakim, take up next
12:37:05 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Welcome" taken up [from shadi]
12:37:14 [shadi]
scribe: shadi
12:37:27 [shadi]
SAZ: not critical mass today
12:38:28 [shadi]
...choppy meetings in August due to regrets and conflict on my side
12:38:33 [shadi]
zakim, take up next
12:38:33 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Continue processing comments" taken up [from shadi]
12:38:46 [shadi]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-earl10-comments/2011May/0018.html
12:42:05 [shadi]
scribe: kostas
12:42:53 [kostas]
philip:maybe it is good to include some information about Fail
12:43:30 [kostas]
kostas:more clarifications could be ok especially regarding the high lever requirements
12:44:26 [kostas]
shadi:regarding the clarity of the defintion regarding the two classes it is fine
12:45:14 [kostas]
shadi:add some kind of logic (justification) and reflex the logic
12:46:52 [kostas]
shadi:clarify the requirements a litle bit that EARL is describing the outcomes of evaluation rather than describe the logic
12:46:57 [samuelm]
samuelm has joined #er
12:48:40 [kostas]
RESOLUTION: Consider clarifying the definition for the TestCriterion subclasses
12:49:45 [kostas]
RESOLUTION: The Test Case logic to justify the results is outside the scope of EARL
12:49:56 [shadi]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-earl10-comments/2011May/0019.html
12:52:54 [shadi]
zakim, code?
12:52:54 [Zakim]
the conference code is 3794 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 sip:zakim@voip.w3.org), shadi
12:54:04 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/WD-EARL10-Schema-20110510/#TestResult
12:54:52 [kostas]
shadi: there is a distiction between earl?:info (additonal information such as warnings) and dct (actual result in human readable form)
12:57:51 [kostas]
philipA: should keep it as it is
12:59:13 [kostas]
shadi: we need outcome and results in order to give more added value in the descirption of the EARL
13:01:11 [kostas]
RESOLUTION: Changing the EARL model in the proposed way would EARL for instance in cases when outcome value is not applicable
13:01:28 [shadi]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-earl10-comments/2011May/0020.html
13:02:33 [sinarmaya]
sinarmaya has joined #er
13:03:15 [kostas]
shadi: we will fix the EARL guide section
13:04:19 [shadi]
regrets: CarlosV, Christophe, Samuel, Emmanuelle
13:04:24 [kostas]
RESOLUTION: The conformace requirements reflects the latest division of the group and the other section of the EARL guide will be updated accordingly
13:04:41 [shadi]
s/division/decision
13:04:54 [shadi]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-earl10-comments/2011May/0021.html
13:07:05 [kostas]
philipA: no semantic meaning for the outcome "passed"
13:09:19 [kostas]
RESOLUTION: Literal doesn;t add semantic meaning and is more difficult to process
13:09:25 [shadi]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-earl10-comments/2011May/0022.html
13:12:05 [kostas]
philipA: location is relevant to the test result and not to the test subject
13:14:13 [kostas]
shadi: we have to improve the owrding
13:14:16 [kostas]
wording
13:14:44 [Zakim]
+??P5
13:15:05 [shadi]
zakim, ? is Samuel
13:15:05 [Zakim]
+Samuel; got it
13:15:10 [kostas]
philipA: the pointer is more associated with the result than the object
13:16:16 [kostas]
RESOLUTION: The pointer is more related to the test result than to the test object
13:16:28 [shadi]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-earl10-comments/2011May/0023.html
13:18:58 [kostas]
shadi: a usually practice tha instances have lowercase
13:19:36 [kostas]
shadi: will check it
13:19:55 [shadi]
action: shadi to double-check lowercase vs all uppercase for instances
13:19:56 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-130 - Double-check lowercase vs all uppercase for instances [on Shadi Abou-Zahra - due 2011-08-31].
13:22:18 [kostas]
i cannot here you
13:22:32 [Zakim]
-Kostas
13:23:10 [shadi]
RESOLUTION: (for issue #2) we do not separate between classes and instances just by casing
13:23:17 [kostas]
i am trying to connect agian
13:23:19 [kostas]
again
13:23:22 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/WD-EARL10-Schema-20110510/#terms-instances
13:23:34 [Zakim]
+Kostas
13:26:55 [shadi]
earl:passed -- Label = "Pass", Comment = "the class of outcomes to denote passing a test", Title = "Passed", Description = "..."
13:29:14 [kostas]
shadi: maybe we have to rewrite the label and the comment - the label will be the title and the comment the description
13:30:53 [shadi]
action: shadi to double-check the conventions for overwriting rdfs:label and rdfs:comment in instances of classes
13:30:53 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-131 - Double-check the conventions for overwriting rdfs:label and rdfs:comment in instances of classes [on Shadi Abou-Zahra - due 2011-08-31].
13:31:16 [shadi]
zakim, take up next
13:31:16 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Upcoming meeting schedule" taken up [from shadi]
13:31:56 [Zakim]
-Kostas
13:32:01 [Zakim]
-Samuel
13:32:05 [Zakim]
-philipA
13:32:05 [samuelm]
samuelm has left #er
13:32:26 [shadi]
next meeting: Wednesday 31 August
13:32:32 [Zakim]
-shadi
13:32:33 [Zakim]
WAI_ERTWG()8:30AM has ended
13:32:34 [Zakim]
Attendees were shadi, philipA, +30231125aaaa, Kostas, Samuel
13:32:48 [shadi]
trackbot, end meeting
13:32:48 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
13:32:48 [Zakim]
sorry, trackbot, I don't know what conference this is
13:32:49 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
13:32:49 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/08/24-er-minutes.html trackbot
13:32:50 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
13:32:50 [RRSAgent]
I see 2 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2011/08/24-er-actions.rdf :
13:32:50 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: shadi to double-check lowercase vs all uppercase for instances [1]
13:32:50 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/08/24-er-irc#T13-19-55
13:32:50 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: shadi to double-check the conventions for overwriting rdfs:label and rdfs:comment in instances of classes [2]
13:32:50 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/08/24-er-irc#T13-30-53
13:32:55 [philipA]
philipA has left #er